Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 2931

Printer-friendly version
The Daily Dormouse.
(aka Bike, est. 2007)
Part 2931
by Angharad

Copyright© 2016 Angharad

  
-Dormouse-001.jpg

This is a work of fiction any mention of real people, places or institutions is purely coincidental and does not imply that they are as suggested in the story.
*****

It was nearly midnight when we heard the frantic ringing of the doorbell and Simon looked at me as to what he should do. “We’ll have to answer it before it wakes up the whole household.” The reason for our hesitation was we were both in bed and reading, another five minutes and I’d have been fast asleep—yeah, right.

I followed him downstairs, well someone has to protect him; only to find Daddy was already at the door and opening it. As he did so Debbie almost fell into his arms weeping all over him. I told Si to put the kettle on and went to assist Daddy, by peeling the distraught woman off him and into the kitchen where we had tissues and teabags—essential ingredients of calming distraught females, whichever route they took to get there.

Simon made several cups of tea and with my agreement disappeared. This was women’s stuff as far as he was concerned. I laid a cuppa in front of Debbie who was sitting sniffing opposite me. “Don’t tell me, you’re upset because you forgot to bring the skirt you wanted to alter?”

She looked at me in incredulity almost as if I’d spoken in tongues. Then she paused before she roared with laughter. “You are totally stark staring bonkers, Professor.”

“You mean, Esmond didn’t tell you?” I said trying to sound astonished. She laughed some more.

“He told me you were the best student he’d ever had as well as the most beautiful and the best teacher he’d ever seen.” This was punctuated by a sniff.

“He is given to exaggeration but I’m probably the only student whose pants he didn’t get into.”

“He told me that as well.”

“So why the tears and knocking on my door in the middle of the night?”

“I’m sorry,” she started crying again, “I didn’t know what to do and where to go.”

“What happened?”

She nodded to show she’d heard my question but had to compose herself first. I waited sipping my tea knowing I’d probably have to go for a wee in the middle of the night after drinking it.

She blew her nose and took a drink of her tea. “Sorry I disturbed you, perhaps I’d better just go.”

She rose as if to leave and I ordered her to sit again, telling her, “You aren’t going anywhere until you tell me what happened this evening.”

“It was awful,” she paused to blow her nose, “I arranged to meet John in a pub and when I got there he was talking to some bimbo. I got cross with him and stormed out then went to another pub and some matelot chatted me up.” I sighed, we remind female students that this is a naval port and not to get involved with the ratings. Of course they do and we have to sort out the problems that arise ranging from broken hearts to gonorrhoea.

“We went back to my car and were making out in the back seat, when some of his mates came out and took photos with their smart phones while I had my tits out.”

I sighed again, this sort of thing is happening increasingly.

“He told me if I let him shag me he’d try and stop them putting the photos on facebook. I told him to fuck off and threw him out, he just walked away laughing so I drove the car at him.”

I winced.

“I didn’t hit him or anything, but he jumped out of the way and fell over. I left him lying there and just drove for an hour. Then I came here.”

“You’re sure you didn’t hit him with the car?”

“No I didn’t, he saw me coming and jumped out of the way but I wouldn’t have hit him anyway; even though I felt like it.”

“Do no one any harm, eh?”

She gave me an old fashioned look. “How d’you know that?”

“I’ve had friends who were wiccans.”

“But you’re not?”

“I thought you knew that.”

She looked at me then nodded, “Dunno what happened there, I fell asleep and had this weird dream where you appeared as an angel complete with large white feathered wings. You out ranked me again.”

“If I thought like that, they’d confiscate my wings.”

“So you are an angel?” she gasped.

“Do you really believe in all that stuff?”

“I know what I saw and the power is very strong in you, isn’t it?”

“What power is that then?”

“You know what power.”

“Do I?” I played stupid. “Sounds like Star Wars, may the force be with you.”

“Yeah, but that’s fiction, you’re the real deal, aren’t you?”

“In my study is a photo of Simon, Daddy and all the children with me. I thought you couldn’t photograph angels?”

“Perhaps you can sometimes,” she offered lamely.

I stifled a yawn, it was nearly one o’clock. “I need to get to bed.”

“Thanks for your support, I’d better get back to the hotel.”

“The sofa in the lounge isn’t too uncomfortable to sleep on—I’ll get you some pillows and a quilt.” She made a half hearted effort to protest but accepted the pillows and quilt, I also gave her a toothbrush and loaned her a nightdress—one of Julie’s, who was more her size. Then after wishing her goodnight, went up to bed.

Simon had fallen asleep with his book in his hand. He woke when i took it from him. “Everything okay?”

“I left her to sleep on the lounge sofa.”

“Is she all right?”

“She got photographed in a compromising situation by a group of matelots.”

“Oh. These bloody mobile phones are a total pain. I asked a guy on the train to stop using his or leave the compartment. I pointed out the sign on the carriage window which forbade such calls, and he got quite abusive, especially when I grabbed his phone.”

“Oh, what happened then?”

“I told him I’d give it back to him if he promised not to use it in the carriage.”

“Did he keep his word?”

“He did but possibly only because he overheard Roger and George talking, one of them said quite loudly to the other. If he uses it once more I’m gonna stick the battery where he’ll have to wash his hands if he pulls it back out.”

“I didn’t realise that commuting was such an exciting experience.”

“You have to take your thrills where you can.”

“I’m too tired most of the time.” I pecked him on the lips and turned over to sleep. It seemed just a few seconds and I was away. There were no funny dreams, so if Debbie tried anything I wasn’t aware. I suspect she just crashed out after such an emotional night.

The next morning I introduced her to Sammi who went off to surf the web to see if they’d posted and pictures of her—they had and Sammi helped her take them down replacing them with pictures of him with his willie exposed which Sammi photoshopped to a mere couple of inches. Debbie came back singing her praises.

05Dolce_Red_l_0.jpg

up
290 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great Chapter

jennifer breanna's picture

Sammi super hacker to the rescue. I don't know about smart phones though seems the smarter the phone the dumber people act with them.

aweeee

After 2 months of solid reading, now I have to wait like everyone else for a new piece of the puzzle.

Love the Sammi

style of justice ,That sailor will get so much ribbing, All very much deserved, Having said that Debbie was really silly allowing herself to get into the situation in the first place , Hopefully the lesson will be learned very quickly...

Kirri

The usual problem with men

They don't likely mature until they are about 5 years before their dotage. And then as soon as they reach their dotage they become just as incorrigible again!

Two inches? That is too generous! ^_^

I really want to meet Sammi,

I really want to meet Sammi, she does seem like just the sort of girl you want to be good friends with, because of her sense of humor and "pay back is a bitch" computer talents.

What a photo!

Rhona McCloud's picture

Once again Angharad, your tale takes an unexpected turn and then also reminds me that like any close family their will be photos. What a gathering that must have been to include them all - I wonder if Trish managed to appear at both ends by running behind the line?

Rhona McCloud

I thought it was just vampires ?

Now that's a photo I would like to see.............Cathy with wings spread !
No vestigial wings in the family picture?
Let that be a lesson, always have dark tinted rear windows in your car.

Karen

Once a week, -Max - I look at my Face-book page.

It infuriates my friends but they've learned to accept that I don't live by Face-book mores. If you want me, try my mobile. If you've got that number, I count you as a friend.

bev_1.jpg

Never while I'm sane.

Christina H's picture

I must be one of the few human beings that have nothing at all to do with Face Ache - oops sorry Book and strangely enough I am managing to survive.
So as the title suggests I'll never enrol for it as long as I'm of sound mind.

Christina

Thank you,Angharad,

I told my grand children ,"I don't DO Facebook and I don't Twitter ,but at my age I do fart a lot" !
The 11 year old,Eden, told the story at school and got the weekly prize for the best home story .
The prize was a book on "Farts" !!!Her teacher has a sense of humour,obviously. So has Eden,
she was delighted .

ALISON