Lillies 1.1

Printer-friendly version

Me - Christian

I had been handing out my CV for over a month now, and as a direct result everyone and their uncle knew I was looking for a job, the problem is no-one was happy to offer me one. It’s not like my home-town was lacking in jobs, but the main employers were only offering jobs that consisted of physical labour. Here’s where I should tell you a bit more about myself, I am 5’ 7’’ tall and could probably be beaten by a twelve year old girl in an arm wrestle. So back to the problem in hand, I would rather be out of work than stuck hefting lumber and steel around a hot, busy building site. I had been invited to a few interviews and it seemed that the main consensus was that I should go further afield to look for a job, but that would be a last resort, I loved this town and I wanted to stay here forever.

So that’s how I ended up outside Lillie’s, the town’s top department store and the one place I had yet to hand in my CV, I hadn’t applied here as it would have been a waste of paper and ink to create my application, Lillie’s only employed salespeople with the most striking physique and a real aptitude for being able to sell you something that, ultimately, you didn’t need. But now I was desperate. I had worn my only jacket without holes in it, even though it was tweed and gave me the unwanted appearance of a university professor.I strode through the main entrance and stared at the five floors of the shop, all linked by grand glass escalators, or for the more adventurous shoppers there were spiral staircases bordered by a carved pattern of flowers and vines embossed into the gold-leaf surrounding the banister.

I started to walk up to the third floor - Food-court; management; lingerie; woman’s sports. As I crested the top of the stairway I was instantly dumbstruck by the sheer size of the shop-floor. It was well over 100㎡ and was filled with people, mainly women, milling about and moving through the shop with a carefree jaunt that signaled, to any body who was paying them enough attention, that their time was infinitely more important than yours. I was snapped out of my trance by a sales assistant asking if I needed any help.

‘Can I help you?’ she asked again as she stood directly in front of me. I was instantly captivated by her beauty, she was probably about 5’11’’ and she had long platinum, blonde hair that fell to the sides of her chest, accentuating her 38D breasts.
‘Actually, I was wondering if I could speak to the manager please, it’s about a job application.’ The sales-assistant looked me up an down and then said
‘If you could sit here’ she said indicating to a plush pink armchair outside the managers office ‘I will speak to Miss. Lillie and tell her you are here to see her.’ With that she knocked before walking through the office door and I was left staring at the lingerie department whilst I waited.

As time went on and the assistant hadn’t returned I became more and more interested in the racks of silky undergarments that were sprawled in-front of me. In the end I got sick of waiting and decided to go and have a closer look at a pink lace teddy that had caught my eye, but just as I was about to pick up the teddy to feel if it was as velvety as it looked I heard someone clear their throat and turned to see the same sales-woman staring unabashed as I stood there with my fingers tracing the edge of the outfit. ‘Miss. Lillie will see you now,’ was all she said. I turned and thanked her whilst looking down to try to hide my blushing, I headed towards the imposing door to the managers office. I knocked and then entered the dragon’s lair.

The room took my breath away. It had pink floral designs on all of the walls and the floor-space was dominated by a modern black desk, with armchairs on one side facing a stunningly beautiful woman sitting at the desk in her pastel gray business-suit which complimented her flawless blond hair perfectly. Miss. Lillie.

‘Hello’ she said with a voice that was both sweet and seductive on equal measure. ‘So, I’ve heard that you are looking to get a job here?’
“Y-Yes ma’am” I stuttered.
‘Well, first things first, if you want to work for me then you refer to me as Miss. Lillie or simply Miss.’ I looked at her to see if she was serious. She was.
‘Yes Miss Lillie’
‘Better, now why do you want to work for me? What kind of skills could you bring to the workplace?’
I sat there staring at her, why did I want to work for her?

More to come if you want? xxx

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

a good start

sugar_britches63's picture

this is a very good start to possibly a nice seris, so do continue it and see where we go from here.

opinor ergo sum

Charlotte Van Goethem

Thanks :)

Thanks :)

hmmm

Never tried to talk somebody in to writing a story before. But this has good bones and I can feel a shift, a movement toward a tale of self enlightenment. Boy howdy, that was a load of quark. any ol who . Write it, ya got the bull by the horns ( there I go again ) lets make hay u write we read ... cool beans!

cliche much
ed


ed

Very good start

Would love to see where this is leading, I do hope you continue this story as it has tons of potential.

We the willing, led by the unsure. Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Yes

To be straight to the point, this looks intriguing.As Oliver said " more Please"

Post, post,post. a delightful story beckons

Please continue, You're doing great so far. In my mind I can see a couple of scenarios coming up.
I hope I'm right!

Hugs,
Karen

A nice beginning, and I can

A nice beginning, and I can see some definite changes coming soon in Christian's life; and I don't just mean getting a job.
Welcome aboard and looking forward to more of your new tale.

Thank you,

I am with Veronica, go for it , a great start ,should be a good story.

ALISON

Carry on!

You have created an interesting scene at the end of this chapter! So, Carry on develop your characters and let Christian develop into the person you want him to be and work where you want him to. I would like to read the next chapter when it is published here at BC, just to see where you and your muse take him if for no other reason. Carry on, full speed ahead chrisdmallen!

style.

I like your writing style.
Your story holds lots of promise.
Go for it.
Well done.

Thank You !!!!

This is a special thank you from me to everyone, I'm in the middle of exams but will try to bring you all a new chapter in the next couple of weeks. ^.^ Thank you everyone for being so supportive x

Well?

Jamie Lee's picture

Does he get a job? Does Miss Lillie help bring out his true self? What happens??!

Others have feelings too.