Gene's Story or How I Gained a Cousin Chapter 25

Printer-friendly version
"Ellen and Jinny.jpg
Gene's Story
or How I Gained a Cousin

A novel by Karen Lockhart


Copyright 2016
 



It's funny how things happen to change your life and the way you look at things



CHAPTER 25

As we drove home along the shore road, you couldn't help but be in awe of the waves smashing into the seawall, and flying 20 feet into the air. Another offshore storm was sending big waves for our entertainment. Why would I want to live anywhere else?

When we arrived home, Ginny got out first, unlocked the door, and went straight for the kitchen. As I came in I heard water running in the sink. Ginny was filling the tea kettle with fresh water. I sat at the table as she placed the kettle on a rear burner and turned on the gas.

“The water should be hot enough in ten minutes,” she said. “I'm still excited about buying a car, those Hondas are nice.”

“I'm glad you're so happy. Think about me, now I can sit back and enjoy the scenery once in a while, as you drive. But now we need to talk. You are flitting around like a butterfly in heat. It's got to at least slow down, if not stop.”

Ginny made the tea, while I got milk from the refrigerator. My favorite tea is Red Rose English Breakfast tea, good and strong. With other teas, I use two tea bags.

“What do you mean, 'a butterfly in heat'? she asked. “I'm just enjoying myself a little. I don't mean anything by it.”

“Tell that to Kevin and Morales, those two are almost drooling over you. When you are nearby, they act like two rival bucks. It has to stop. You're going to blow this.”

Ginny looked out the window, “I can't explain it, I”m not gay, I never looked at guys before.
But now that I'm Ginny, Every good looking guy I see I check out, I can't help myself. Your friend Kevin makes me want to jump on him. I never felt like this before, help me out, please.”

By this time she was crying, with deep sobs. This made me feel like a real stinker, but I pressed on anyway.

“That's what I'm trying to do. Look Ginny, it's too late with Kevin, let's take a deep breath and think how to handle him. Eventually, we need to tell him the truth, then hope he doesn't fly off the hook. He may even still want to see you romantically, I don't know.”

“I hope he does. I'm not teasing him, I like him, really like him, you know?” she looked so pitiful when she said this, my eyes were starting to leak also. “How do I tell him I have the wrong plumbing, or at least the same as his, without driving him to want to beat the hell out of me and probably you too?”

“That's happened a lot, but usually in a pick-up at a singles bar. Things move along quickly, then oops, the man has had a few, his manhood is threatened, and he feels like a homosexual. By beating the stuffing out of another 'man' he restores his self image. The poor TV/TG is lucky to recover. I've heard of TG's hooking to raise money for treatments, even for surgery, but that's not you, and that's not Kevin, at least I don't think so.”

“So what do I do about Kevin?” she wailed.

“Okay, you need to go slow, act like he's a friend. No more riding double, hip to hip in the jog cart to start. No touching, or bumping into, yes I saw that. You're not even on estrogen yet, so no excuses. What's going to happen then, I can't imagine,” I took a breath, “Are you getting this?”

“Yes, I am,” Ginny said. “Cool it around Kevin, don't make things worse.”

“Not just Kevin, if you keep making eyes at that young Swampscott cop, you'll really startsomething that can only end in disaster. Where ever you go, you act like a dog in heat. You did it today with that car salesman.”

“Yeah, but I saved money, with that one.”

I finally had to laugh, I mean what am I going to do with her? It's like having an eighteen year old trying out her new sexuality at any chance she gets.

“Just turn it down a little. I think the scenario with Kevin will work out. Now, what are you going to make for supper? It's getting late. While you come up with something, I have to get rid of all this tea I've drunk, I'm bursting.”

Somewhere Ginny had a ham tucked away. We had baked ham with pineapple slices, au gratin potatoes, and fresh asparagus for dinner, with Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey for desert.

We headed for the couch and the tv remote. Ginny took custody of that, she's not totally a girl yet! She flicked through the channel guide and settled on a Hallmark show 'Mystery Woman'.
Not too bad, but it will never be on the main networks. At ten, we watched a new show with Ted Danson, pretty good. During the news, I reminded Ginny, her car would be ready tomorrow afternoon. It's a good thing each condo came with two parking spaces, otherwise come winter and snow it would be a real pain in the neck.

We made our good nights, and headed for our respective beds.

The next thing I knew, that darn alarm was going off, Four thirty again!

I hopped into the bathroom, took care of business, and stepped into the shower, I was successful in keeping my hair dry. This would save time, time I could spend over the newspaper. I sat at the make-up table and made my normal feeble attempt at beautification. I need lessons from Ginny! I gave myself a spray of perfume, tossed on a fresh pair of jeans and a flannel shirt, then headed for the kitchen, beating Ginny there for once.

I turned on the coffee maker, went to the front door, picked up the newspaper. and headed back to the kitchen. By now Ginny was there, drinking a cup of coffee, and munching on a cold bagel. I filled my cup with New England morning blend, I like these Kurigs. I sat down and flicked through the Herald quickly, looking for something else on the drug busts.

On page four, there was a short story on the State and Lynn police working together on arresting MS-13 members. MS-13 was thought to be a major transporter of drugs north to the New England area. That's probably where the trucking company got its supply. Our 'friend' Morales was mentioned, but the police had no evidence tying him to MS-13 or the McDonald's trucking, except his partial ownership in the company.

I looked at my watch and said, “We better go, Ginny, even though the ride is shorter, I don't want to be late. If I was a man, no one would care, but let a woman come in five minutes late,and it's a big deal.”

“Let me drive,” She said, “You can sit back and enjoy the view.” With that she turned left on Humphrey Street, heading for Lynn Shore Drive. As we went past the Junior College, I said to her to keep going to the McDonald's drive through. I wanted a couple of breakfast burritos and another cup of coffee.

“That sounds good, I'll get the same,” she said, “Should I stay in the right lane?”

“As soon as you pass Wendy's get over, the entrance comes up quick after Commercial Street. Go slow.”

We went through the ordering lane, and I handed Ginny a twenty dollar bill. “It's on me, you need to save your money for surgery if that is really what you want. You need to think of this, you know honey, and before your appointment with the shrink.”

We got our breakfast and headed for the office trailer, went inside and ate sitting at my desk.

We had nothing to do for a while, at least until the architects and surveyors showed up, so I told Ginny now was a good time to surf the internet, checking on web sites that interested her.

I sat at the laptop and typed in a local tack shop's website. After lusting after new $2000.00 saddles, I came back down to reality, and ordered a new Hunt bridle, mine was a little shabby for the show circuit. After the new bridle was broken in, I'd go back to using the old one in lessons.

Ginny wasted no time in investigating doctors and hospitals that did SRS surgery around the world. She was surprised to find a place in Colorado called the transgender surgery capital of the world. After two hours, with copious notes, she came into my office and flopped in a chair.

“You won't believe what I've found,” Ginny said. “Did you know the larger your penis is, the deeper penetration you can later have during sex? And if your penis is short, or you want the preferred method, a piece of your colon is used. This gives 10 inches of penetration.”

Well by now, my face was bright red in embarrassment. “You're telling me more than I want to know about this stuff Ginny.”

“Wait, wait,” she said “You haven't heard the best part! At this clinic in Thailand, they say that if the colon was used, and I quote, “No water or food until fart.” Honest to God Ellen, that is what they say in their brochures. Isn't that a hoot?”

“Aren't you getting ahead of yourself?” I asked, “You're not taking estrogen yet, and you are looking at fees and surgical procedures. Walk before you run.”

The phone rang, thankfully stopping this discussion. It was the consultant , saying he'd be out here tomorrow with the architect to go over the building and site plans before the surveyors showed up next week.

The phone rang again as soon as I hung up, this time for Ginny. It was Tom Greenly, the owner of the car dealership. Apparently, her SUV could be picked up any time. The runner had been to the Registry of Motor Vehicles, and breezed through quickly, the insurance company received the fax of all information and all Ginny had to do was call them and make a payment with her charge card.

She told Greenly we would be by at noon to get her car, hung up, dialed the number for the insurance company, went over the coverage she wanted, then gave them her card numbers.

“All set, we'll walk over, and ride back in style. Kelly's for lunch on me.” she said

And that's just what we did!

To be continued.

Many thanks to Bronwen for fixing the typos and grammar.

up
224 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Lady trucker

I guess that Ginny's new drivers license does not include entitlement to trucks and articulates?
BTW - she could have the mannerisms of a truck driver. Not the social kind, but behind the wheel.

She doesn't need to drive a

She doesn't need to drive a truck any more.

Karen 8D

No need to make her living behind the wheel

I understand that she no longer needs to work that way. But it would be cute if she swept her man off his feet, gathered him in her arms, threw him into the cabin and drove the 18-wheeler into the sunset ... :)
Or have her run away from the ball at the strike of midnight - loosing her heels in the process - and escaping the clutches of love struck suitors driving an 18-wheeler barefoot :D

there is a lot of HGV

there is a lot of HGV drivers some are class1 I worked at a fire retardent factory one of my jobs apart from doing treatments was loading wood ect with forktruck on the lorries I transitioned there we and 3 to 4 lorrys that had women drivers. I left went into homecare but when I drove the forktruck there was women driver good too always had a clean beds on the lorry some male drivers you had to clear blocks ect off before you load the things.This is a good story

there is a lot of HGV

there is a lot of HGV drivers some are class1 I worked at a fire retardent factory one of my jobs apart from doing treatments was loading wood ect with forktruck on the lorries I transitioned there we and 3 to 4 lorrys that had women drivers. I left went into homecare but when I drove the forktruck there was women driver good too always had a clean beds on the lorry some male drivers you had to clear blocks ect off before you load the things.This is a good story

Thanks a LOT

waif's picture

Karen,

Thank you for keeping this series going on a set schedule and maintaining the high quality of your narrative. It is very entertaining and I look forward to each new unveiling.

waif

Be kind to those who are unkind, tolerant toward those who treat you with intolerance, loving to those who withhold their love, and always smile through the pains of life.

I know all about the Colorado

Pamreed's picture

I know all about the Colorado sex change capital. It is called Trinidad. I went there 2007.
BTW the surgeon Dr Marci Bowers moved her practice to California. If I had waited till now
it would have been only a 20 mile drive to get there.

I'm almost as close

According to Mapquest, I'm just under 30 miles by road from Dr. Bower's office in Burlingame. Because of San Francisco Bay, the straight line distance would probably be half that.

Ellin is right

Renee_Heart2's picture

Genny does need to cool her flerting with every guy she comes across.

Morales is TROUBLE I hope they find a way to tie him to the drug smuggling operation.

As far as Kevin & the surgery goes again Ellin is right 1. Walk before you run. 2. No more riding double hip to hip & I don't think the transgender status will phase Kevin much. At first he may seam a little distant but if Ellin is right about him, he'll come around.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Trinidad CO

Trinidad became the MTF SRS capital of the United States through the work of Dr Biber, who took the technique of Dr Georges Burou from a journal article and made it work here. ("Biber" is German for "beaver," though the colloquial meaning doesn't apply in German. Still, I had to bring it up—I'm not imaginative enough to make these coincidences up!) Dr Bowers interviewed to be Dr Biber's successor when he was about to retire. She is the first MTF woman I have heard of to graduate med school, but I'm sure there have been others.
Take care,
rg

Dense as a rock

Jamie Lee's picture

Ginny can be so dense sometimes. She didn't understand what Ellen meant about slowing down the flirting.

She also doesn't see the danger she's still hiding from, and if she isn't careful they will find Gene.

Ellen is correct about Ginny acting like a teenager, though the age she mentioned is about 4 years to old.

It is exciting when things are new, but someone needs to greatly impress upon Ginny to, S L O W D O W N.

Others have feelings too.