Tammy's Summer Diary - Part 9 "Chocolates & Flowers"

Printer-friendly version
Tamara's Summer Diary - A Tamara's Tale Interlude

 

Saturday 15th August

I had an interesting text from Sue last night, no apology from her but it did make me giggle. Viv was supposed to have worked Wednesday and dropped that to elbow me out of the way. The salon's owned by Sue's mum so Viv was sacked on Friday morning when she arrived. She'd claimed she was ill, or having a bad period, it depended on who you spoke to. Her facebook page however had pics of Daniel at Newquay, a relationship update, and loads of sarcastic comments about dumb blonde Scottish girls.

She was sacked on the spot, Sue found out when her mum came home last night after a day covering Viv again. Sue asked if I wanted to join them this afternoon again. I really don't know if that's a good idea. Maybe I will, maybe I won't, but think I need a second opinion and I don't know who I can run it past? Heather may be good at her job but she knows less than me about relationships and I know jack all!

Mum and I had a better chat last night and I finally asked Angela how she did after mum tried to tell me my sister's results. I tried to explain to mum that after fending for myself at that school, being parked there out of the way, I was used to doing things myself. I don't rely on others as I never had that parental support. It's different now, but I still do things my own way.

That includes buying a property. It was a repossession and would have gone to auction if I hadn't have grabbed it. I might have got it for less in an auction or might not have got it at all, that's a risk. Sandy Franklin likes the idea of promoting the theatre and Tom the printer can produce the graphics. Pru will let them in when she gets the keys on Monday. She'll also send the cleaners in and see if any repairs are needed.

So I can arrange all of that but can't handle results day? Angela and I are not the same but we're not chalk and cheese either. Anyway, she scored an A in her two English exams and a B in Maths and History. She's happy with that, and I'm proud of her. She was full of self doubt both before her father's death and more so afterwards, having rollercoaster hormones wouldn't help either. Her degree course in Health Studies is secured and I think she's doing the right thing.

Helen emailed me during the night, she got A, B & C in English, Politics and Scottish History. After all her turmoil she's happy with those. She'd been planning to fail the lot to spite her mother but had finally realised she'd be failing herself. She sent me some of her work for her OU degree and it's good. She likes ship life and suggests she might do another cruise after she finishes the round-the-world tour. Elsie will only go as far as Singapore, so there's some negotiating to be done and my money's on Elsie!

Sophie left London at seven so is expected sometime around lunchtime but the summer roads are silly around here!

Jo and I went to Truro yesterday for my latest appointment with Mr Carline. Once again it was in the Gyno clinic and I did get some strange looks from the mothers-to-be. He was very happy with what he saw and said I could start some light jogging if I wanted, but I was to stop immediately if there was any discharge, blood or pain. I told him I've been getting some clear discharge on my liners, but no blood. He suggests it's lube but it's well after I've had a shower. He took a swab and said to be back in two weeks.

That'll be a problem, I said, I'll be back in Scotland. He'll write to my GP and find a gyno at my local hospital who can handle me. As it's just me and him in the room I gently remind him to use the right name! He said to see Dr Wendy next week for the results of the swab and wishes me well.

I bounced out of there and suggested to Jo we had a coffee in town then hit the shops! I needed to have a rethink about that thong.

My tan is coming along nicely, perhaps it's all the time I spent in the garden reading Guys & Dolls? I've downloaded a production that was filmed at the Southbank last year and I've watched it a few times, what I really need are some directors' notes.

Heather and Jo now, finally, have Beccy's number and I have a door key, plus the code!

***

Sophie arrived at three, totally pee'd off with the traffic. She'd seen a dozen near misses and had nearly been side-swiped by several caravans on the A38 towards Plymouth. She brought two garment bags with her and took them straight to her and Heather's room before telling me to clear off for an hour or two.

I didn't need any hints so slapped on some cream, found my straw hat and put a thin cardie over my bare shoulders. I picked up my camera and bolted a wide angle lens on the front.

Outside it was humid, I guessed that a storm was coming, probably from the South across Biscay and the English Channel. It was pleasant enough until I saw Viv, with a new boy. I'm still not ready for a relationship but I want it to be something solid not a one night stand. Am I after a boy? No, just the right person.

I tried explaining that to Dad and he has difficulty with the concept, even though he fully supports me. Elsie's now been told that I've had the surgery and a huge bunch of flowers arrived on Thursday, I guess Dave Brown may have had a hand in that.

I ignored Viv and walked down past the station on a tour, circling the rugby pitches before coming across the railway line and back towards town.

That took about an hour as I stopped to photograph the area. I started to see the same car come around and on the third time I snapped it with my work phone and sent the pic to Heather. It was a pitty I didn't have the long lens on my camera.

I hadn't realised but I was stood outside the salon, Sue banged on the window and waved for me to go in, she'd also seen the same car go around and there were reports about the car on Facebook. I was introduced to her mum, Linda, who was finishing an elderly lady.

My phone pinged and Heather said the car was the same as the fake taxi she'd been in, she said to get off the street. I told Sue and Linda who'd both heard the story but didn't know it was my aunt. I decided to ring the police and report what I knew, Linda told me to stay with them.

I was a little wary of Sue but she was so apologetic about Viv and called her a few choice words. Viv had just turned up on Wednesday and told Daniel I was with someone else, they hadn't seen me there. I got upset and told them how my phone had been stolen, then how my aunt had reported me missing as I'd stormed out of the cottage.

Linda asked me if it was the wrong time of the month and I agreed, it was the easiest thing to do. Sue meanwhile was tapping a message but wouldn't tell me what it was.

The police called me back and said they'd now had three calls about the same car, slowing down as it approached young women or girls. Officers were actively looking for it, apparently.

It was twenty minutes later when we heard sirens approaching and a car ground to a halt almost outside the salon. The guy gets out of the car and starts to run towards an alley but has to go past the salon door so I dashed out and tackled him. It was just like I'd practised in self defence, using his own momentum to floor him.

Sue later told me she would never have done something like that.

Two police officers took him off my hands and asked why I'd done that. I said the toad had frightened my aunt and should never have been bailed. That's when they told me he'd tried to get a girl into his car ten minutes earlier, he was a predator. I said I didn't want that kind of guy escaping justice.

A little crowd had gathered and someone had photographed me on his back but I was still wearing my hat so you couldn't tell it was me, Linda got me into the back of the salon and out of the way. I said I'd been doing self-defence for a few months and saw an opportunity. DC Garston arrived a few minutes later to take my statement, I've done so many of them that it take any time at all.

That surprised Sue, so I suggested I wasn't a dumb Scottish blonde after all? My street cred was obviously going up as her phone was pinging madly, then my Beccy phone started pinging, damn Facebook.

Linda had locked the salon door after the officer left but there was a tap on the window, she told me to stay put and went to see who it was. Next thing I saw was a huge bunch of flowers and Daniel. I looked into his eyes and I could see it wasn't his fault. I handed the flowers to Sue and took him in my arms.

I obviously didn't hear the next tap on the glass as Sophie had arrived. I told her I was fine, better than fine and asked her to take the flowers home, I suggested she could have a quiet evening as I may be some time. The only other thing she said to me was to "be careful".

Even without her stab vest and the rest of her operational uniform she still looked like someone you wouldn't argue with so that created some questions. I suggested we adjourned to the pub garden as I needed a drink, a white wine spritzer to be exact.

At some point in the evening, probably in the curry house, I migrated onto white wine without any additives. Daniel walked me to my door around nine and explored my mouth with his tongue for a few minutes before I let myself in just before the storm hit.

Sunday 16th August

Sophie hauled me out of bed at six thirty and had me out of the door ten minutes later. We jogged for a while and then Sophie sped up as we reached the rugby club. I accelerated to keep up but I was not as fit as I'd been four weeks earlier so I dropped back down to a jog. I caught up with Sophie in town as I knew her route from my stay at Easter.

She was holding the local regional paper and pointed to an article on page three. Oh shit.

Sunday newspaper clipping

At least I hadn't been named. Sophie actually laughed, I was establishing my alias in a haphazard way but it would be verifiable as my name would be released to the paper once Western was in court. The problem, of course, would be if anyone tried to search back through Beccy's history but I've been told that was being worked on.

We jogged gently back to the cottage and showered. I had an invite to a family barbecue for the afternoon but was asked to join Daniel for a drink in the pub at midday. I slipped into a bikini and put shorts and a T over it, just in case there was a pool. A crinkle-free sundress from Friday's shopping expedition went into a bag with the usual things. I had a brunch and caught up with the local news.

I was a few minutes late at the pub, deliberately, and was ready to leave immediately when I found Viv stood there. Daniel asked me to wait, Viv said she was nearly the victim yesterday afternoon as she was walking on her own when Western came by. She'd found out that I'd nabbed him and wanted to say thank you and to apologise for being a right twat. She had a box of chocs for me and looked embarrassed about handing them over as a small crowd was gathering in the pub garden.

I told her I was glad she was safe and I thanked her for the chocolates, giving her a little hug. She then left us alone and the crowd returned to the bar.

I stuck with fruit juice while we talked. Just before one Pete and Sue arrived, Sue looked like she'd just got out of bed. Later, in the ladies, she confirmed my suspicions and filled in some of the details.

The four of us walked to Sue's home about an hour later. Sue's mum Linda and her dad were just stoking the grill, a charcoal one. Someone decided to turn a hose on me mid afternoon and I was soaked. Linda suggested I could go inside to change but I stayed out there, looking at Daniel as I peeled my clothes off to reveal my new tiny bikini.

Linda told me off later for teasing him but said she wished she could still do it!

Sue's dad drove me home about seven, he'd finally found out that I was that wonder woman.

beccy's sig

up
399 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you Shiraz,

Our girl has gone from 007 to Wonder Woman,where next :) Daniel isn't about to become a father----is he??

ALISON

Supergirl!

Next step up from Wonder Woman is Supergirl, a role she has definitely been honing up in Thurso!

If Daniel is about to become a father then something is seriously wrong here, a one night stand with Viv or something happened between the two at the beach that Tammy/Beccy can't remember. Either way it makes him out to be worse than garbage...

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Actually she's 003 1/2

WillowD's picture

Snerk. (That's in the title of an earlier chapter. And it originates in a comment from many chapters before that.)

Ta-DAH!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

Ta-DAH! Its SUPER-TAMMY TO THE RESCUE!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

I just can't shake this

I just can't shake this feeling that she may have had something done to her at the beach the day before...it was an odd section of the day for her, almost like she blacked out for a bit. Maybe I am seeing red herrings but something doesn't add up. I hope the doctor finds out that it was nothing but I still can't get over that timeframe.

Viv is the victim of her own stupidity in losing her job. She got what she deserved, you don't call out sick to go after your ex leaving your boss's daughter to pick up the slack and brag about it!. It's good that her abduction was foiled but she still deserved to be sacked.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

White Discharge

Certain SRS surgeons were routing the Vas Deferens to the back of the Neo Vagina to provide lubrication to it post surgery. Mine was done that way, though I do not know how widespread the practice is now. That may be the origin of the mucous discharge.

wonder woman!

giggles.

DogSig.png

Tonsil Diving

joannebarbarella's picture

For someone who is not interested, our Beccy is progressing fast!

supertart!

After the extensive surgery our girl seems to be moving very fast

Tammy's/Becca's Diary

I've been enjoying The Summer Diary. It's a great way to hit the highlights and everything else from Tammy's perspective in a fairly brief number of postings. It' good to see that Tammy's exploring being a young woman as well as getting the training she needs.

Thanks for sharing with us. I'm glad you are back with new series additions.

You know,

If I had a functioning vagina and a man I liked I think I would want to try it out too. It is the human thing to do.

Blown cover?

Jamie Lee's picture

Stopping Western as she did, is what Tammy would have done in Thurso. But this is not what she's been told to do during her time at the cottage. Like she wanted to stop the shoplifter but held back by Heather, she should have gotten off the street and reported the strange car. Period.

If any of her old enemies catch the article and any accompanying picture then her cover is blown and puts everyone at the cottage in danger.

Others have feelings too.