Tammy's Summer Diary - Part 7 "Wedding Plans"

Printer-friendly version
Tamara's Summer Diary - A Tommy & Tamara Interlude

 

Monday 10th August

I had an email late last night from Jeri, she's been waiting for her new passport and it finally arrived last week, just in time for a week on the Dead Sea. Apparently there's some evidence it can help her psoriasis. To be honest, her stress levels have plummeted since coming out to me, and her condition seems highly likely to be stress related.

One very interesting snippet of news, Tanya failed her driving test. Apparently she was not a pleasant person over the weekend, blaming everyone but herself. Jeri said Joan's told her to grow up, I really don't know if Tanya's capable of that yet.

I'd emailed Sandy Franklin about the Guys and Dolls script, she replied this morning. Iain had already sorted out the licensing and she'll send me an electronic copy of the script. I guess I've accepted the director's job.

There was a package for Beccy this morning, a new set of dilators, including one that looked massive! There was an apology from Mr Carline, I should have been issued these when I was discharged and he forgot again at our appointment last week, it might have been because the nurse was there? I won't be in a hurry to use all five, maybe just four for now? That reminded me, I created an Amazon account for Beccy last night and ordered a few tubes of lubricant, I'm not comfortable buying it in a store yet. I added some condoms to the order, but I'm not planning to have sex. It's something mum said to me when she touched on STDs, I have honestly never handled a condom and she said I'd best get familiar with them.

Heather went off to the inquest after breakfast, Jo went with her. That left me on my own again but I had no callers. I busied myself with some work, I'm still creating my Beccy persona so I added some schools and simplified my A levels, there's no need to show off! My spare phone had come with an unregistered SIM card so I enabled that, added some credit and popped it in the phone. I sent a text to Sue to confirm my number, I'd gone ditzy on Saturday and claimed I couldn't remember my new number.

I get a text back and she says Pete's Dad will pick us all up on Tuesday around six, she wanted the address. Heather wasn't around to argue so I gave Sue the cottage address. She calls and asks if I'm coming round for my wax? I'd forgotten and I can't get back in as I don't have a key, Heather also insists on deadlocking the door from the outside if we all go out.

My torture slot is re-arranged for the following morning, Viv will see me. Viv is Daniel's ex, apparently. I am so not prepared for any of this!

When Heather gets back around three she's not happy, she says it was a waste of time as all she could say was she saw the Syrian laying on the ground beside her car and a police officer stood over him with a tazer. It was compounded by Acting Inspector Underwood asking to see her, he's due here at five.

I gave Heather a hand planning the wedding, she hasn't booked anywhere for the reception and we're only ten days away from the big day. The wedding's at eleven in the morning in Pool, a couple of miles West of Redruth and there's a social club on the same site; we're in luck and they haven't got a booking, we can have a room until five. Caterers are the next problem, but how many will be coming?

The RSVPs total fifteen so far but we know there's a few invites that had to go a circuitous route as home addresses weren't known. The guesstimate is for twenty five. Heather doesn't have any family and Sophie's estranged from her mother. It looks like several of the Finance Team will be down, along with some Counter Terrorism Officers. I guessed at the time this might create a problem and that problem turned up at the door at half four.

Heather was not comfortable with Acting Inspector Underwood at the cottage, I called Jo to come over while I made tea and then joined them in the lounge. The Inspector immediately asked why I was there and Heather was quite abrupt, seeing how he was a guest.

It seems he's been asked to co-ordinate security for the wedding. He was less than complimentary when he found out that Heather's partner was also a woman, so I'm immediately uncomfortable. What he doesn't know is that the whole cottage is rigged with cameras, something I discovered when Jo showed me the system.

He also doesn't know what Heather's connection to all these spooks is, she said she has some very good friends and occasionally audits accounts for them, as a fully security cleared contractor. She asks him what he'll provide as Sophie won't be able to carry her weapon under her wedding dress? He's flustered now, but that's exactly why aunt Heather said it.

The best he can do is provide a traffic officer, who's likely to be called away to an accident on the busy A30 trunk road. Heather's not satisfied but doesn't argue the point. Instead she asks him when the interviews for the permanent Inspector job are? He replies that his interview is next Monday, he seems overly confident that the posting's there for the taking.

Heather's straight on the phone when he leaves, Jo tells me that this was a confrontation that had to happen. I just hope he doesn't get the job.

We're struggling to find beds for everyone. Suzie can stay in the cottage but I'll have to share a bed with her so Dave Brown and jenny can also stay, in separate rooms. Emily is flying down, and back, on the day so doesn't need a bed. Hilary can't get down from Scotland but there's some animosity between her and Heather I can't pin down. Almost all the other guests are locals, anyone else will have to find a bed for themselves.

There's no chance of a honeymoon, not for a few months, as Sophie can only get a week off at the moment, she's due down next weekend.

Tuesday 11th August

I'm still not ready to start running but I went out for a decent walk before my appointment at the salon. I'm in crop leggings today as I'm sure I spotted one cloud in the sky! Of course I should have worn a skirt or shorts as I'm a tad hot when I reach the door. I quickly divert to the newsagents and get a cold bottle of water, meaning that I'm two minutes late.

Viv's not happy and it seems she knows Daniel is taking me to the party - she dumped him before he had his invite arranged. I told her I was making up the numbers and it was Sue who asked me, not Daniel. I can see daggers in her eyes but it's her loss not mine.

There's other customers in the salon and although we're in a side room we can clearly hear conversations from the hairdressing area, I guess that the reverse is true. Viv is either being professional or doesn't want to be heard griping, as she shuts up and gets started.

She's a little rough and I think secretly she wants to give me a Brazilian but all I want is 3/4 leg, just enough for a short skirt. Joanna can do the rest when I see her next month. As I said, she was a bit rough and at times it hurt but I literally grinned and bore it.

On a whim I asked if the stylist could lighten my hair, just to change my look a little. I was hoping for a temporary colour but it seems I'm stuck with this dirty blonde look for a while. Sue comes in to get her own hair done and decides she likes it. Her brunette bob gets the same treatment with indifferent results, but I tell her it's great regardless.

I get back indoors with an hour left before lunch so I run a bath to soak my sore legs. First though I need to play with my new toys. The Amazon Prime order has arrived so I indulge in a little experimentation, purely for educational reasons!

Once I reach the kitchen lunch is ready, I'm back in a long cotton skirt as I don't dare put sun screen on my legs for at least a few hours. I'm out in the garden for the afternoon writing this up and reading the Guys & Dolls script on my tablet. I have a few hours before I'm picked up.

Wednesday 12th August

I was too tired last night to write this up. Martin's dad took the four of us to North Fistral for the pre-competition party. It was a competitor and partner only event, but some celebs were there too. I'd brought a party dress with me, short black and wicked! I'd last worn it six months ago - Heather nearly had a coronary!

I found out a bit more about the lads, they're amateur surfers but have been doing it since they were seven or eight, that's how they first met. Sue met then at Cambourne College, in the restaurant. Pete's doing an electrician's course and Daniel's working to be a plumber, they want to set up a business between them when they have a year or two's worth of experience, but they have another year of college to do.

I was really amazed at the Boardmaster 2015 party, there was a huge stage, a number of beach barbecues and a few bars. There was music pumping out and it was hard to talk, my throat starts to hurt when I try to raise my voice, a problem from the breathing tube during my op?

Sue warns me not to leave my drink anywhere, there's lids available for the plastic glasses and lots of the girls are using these. Daniel's taking me around and showing me off to his friends but within a few minutes I can tell my heels are no use so I slip them off and carry them.

I chided Daniel that I could hear what he's saying, just, but treated him to a kiss to show I'm not telling him off. His manners improved, I was no longer 'her'. Sue and Pete were off somewhere else, playing tongue gymnastics probably. I spotted Michael Harris with two cameras around his neck, trying to get interviews with some of the professional surfers and the celebs but I don't think he saw me.

The food was a huge mix that would satisfy vegans to carnivores and everything in between. I wasn't overly hungry so grabbed a mushroom risotto in a plastic tub, I wouldn't get grease on my fingers that way.

I didn't see any real celebs, just a few minor ones, and I don't really follow that sort of thing. Perhaps I should read the trashy magazines so I know who they are? A few photographers take pics of me and Daniel happily gives them my name, that could be awkward if I'm recognised in Thurso despite my makeover. Should I darken it before I fly back?

We finished there near midnight and Pete's Dad was waiting for us. I've been on my feet for nearly six hours and I'm exhausted. I also gave in to the alcohol towards the end, unfortunately I desperately needed a wee when I was dropped off and had to wait for Heather to get out of bed to let me in.

I wasn't popular this morning.

I ended up in the garden reading my script under a huge umbrella, just to keep out of Heather's way. Jo brought a sandwich out to me and I kept a bottle of water nearby. There's news this morning about a girl getting her drink spiked at the party last night but I heard and saw nothing.

Daniel asked me if I was going to watch the competition as he was in the first round today, but I'm down here to learn and work even if it looks a bit like a holiday. I'm also only three weeks downwind of major surgery and I still don't have my stamina back.

We've agreed to meet on Saturday afternoon again unless I can get to North Fistral before then, so I guess that's another date. My virtue is still intact too.

After lunch Heather lets me into the office so I give Dad a call but he's out so I end up with Pru on the line. She tells me that my car is back from the workshop, she also says there's now a carport near the barn with a covered walkway to the back door. She admits that sharing Anna isn't working too well and she's been asked to advertise for staff again. She has a few messages for me, mostly business related, there's a vacant shop in town if I would like to buy it.

It's tempting, apparently Dad thinks it's a good idea. There's thirty square metres of shop space with another thirty at the rear, plus a first floor storeroom and it's in the middle of town. On a whim I said to buy it, we can dress the window to advertise the theatre so it doesn't look empty while I'm looking for tenants.

Apparently Jill has stood down as a patron and talent scout for the theatre, unsurprising that, and Hilary has joined as a patron. No-one is taking on the talent scout position, apparently. Work on the theatre will be complete in a couple of weeks after the major refurbishment.

One last thing with Pru, could she fax me my A Level results tomorrow morning? She'd best get Helen's sent on too unless Mum is already onto it. I rang Janet Adams to make sure it was okay to release them to Pru as I can't wait until Mum finishes work! Janet and I spent ten more minutes chatting as she prodded me for news, especially any news of cute boys. I'm afraid I cut the call short before I disgraced myself!

I actually felt myself blushing as I thought of Daniel.

beccy sig.png

up
348 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you Shiraz,

Looks as though Tammy's new plumbing is having a positive effect ,not unusual . Tanya's 'know all 'attitude has finally caught up with her.

ALISON

ah, social bits

Alecia Snowfall's picture

ah, social bits. Tammy's getting out and about now. pro's and con's to that I imagine.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

interesting developments...

Well "Beccy" is really showing some blossoming sexuality, maybe getting out of the confines of Thurso has opened up her eyes to what people can be like when they haven't grown up around you or maybe her hormones are getting the better of her and it's just a passing fancy. Either way, "Beccy" is going to break his heart when she has to leave for home.

I don't like that new inspector. Maybe he is an old school macho guy but things seem off about him. I can't wait to see what he tries to do after "Beccy" leaves, if he lasts that long.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

The new inspector

WillowD's picture

I agree. After reading enough of these Tammy stories I wouldn't be surprised if the inspector is about to get into a heap of trouble rather than just fading away in these stories.

Eye Candy

joannebarbarella's picture

Tammy (sorry! Beccy) is evidently Daniel's trophy girlfriend and rather enjoying it, although pretending not to. Teenage boys are always full of themselves.

Becky seems to be enjoying it too,

but then, that is not much of a surprise. She feels complete and does not have to worry about certain complications.

Boy or girl?

Jamie Lee's picture

Once upon a time, Tammy told Helen she wasn't ready for a relationship, or whether she like boys or girls.

Seems ever since she met Daniel the bell has dinged a few times. No fireworks, just a bell which Tammy hasn't heard before.

Perhaps what she's feel around Daniel is just that her being around a guy as a girl is a new experience, her new body reacting? She didn't have a positive reaction to Helen's advances, but gets a tingle towards Daniel.

Guess that's hinting at which gender is able to tingle Tammy's bell.

Still there is concern about her diary, should the wrong people read it. Will her diary stay in the cottage safe or the one at Dunbankin? Or will it end up being destroyed?

Others have feelings too.