Vantier a Whateley Tale chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

Vantier a Whateley Tale

Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to find her place in it.

In this chapter, Vantier meets an old enemy and is brought together with a new friend and teacher. She is moved out of the near prison to a better home, but not without complications! and surprises on both sides.

He is saved from the death of his race and planet....to start all over again....but can she survive?
A human high school and being a teenager? Will she remember what was? And grow in power?

please take note...this story does start out slow...but once its rolling, its a RIDE!

Shadowsblade here.
most of my current stories can be found on Fictionmania

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday April 2, 2007 5:20 pm
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

A guard comes into my room and he waves me out into the hallway. This time I notice that they are taking me to a new place? Not the same meeting room down the shorter hallway. They guide me to the door to this section that I came in here originally on the first day here. The door opens at the halls end and I see what looks like the man in charge from before. Then I see the little girl 'The Dark One', as I exit the door to the large hallway. I quickly glance all around to be sure, this is not my end. I count just Six guards, so I figure that if this not going to be a bad meeting? For right now anyway? Plus I think to myself...they don't have enough men, to give me problems getting free. Then add with their leader is here, I now feel better that this is not a trap.

I say greetings to her. It takes several minutes for her to figure out what I said and she says greetings back. Gods! she messed up bad. I say greetings again like you're supposed to! She figures out what I said, then says her greetings far better. I nod my approval to her.

I say to her "There you go your figuring it out!" and I say my name "Vantier"

She says her name was Sara in the equivalent language...and then she starts adding to it by saying these people know her by another name. Because not everybody is supposed to who she is. The name I gave you first, is what everybody knows me by.

I nod and say "Thank you" to her

It takes her awhile to figure out 'thank you' she said 'welcome' back to me, she messes it up. I correct her.

They start walking us down the hallway. We are chatting as best as we can.

She asks me "What kind of being are you?"

I lecture back "I am not going to tell you".....Then I queried her "are you going to tell me what you are?"

She tells me exactly what she is!....I am listening trying to figure out exactly what she's meaning and it takes several minutes for it all to get to me. I correct her, half a dozen times on her speech. Obviously she's not used to speaking the language or whoever taught it to her did such a poor job! and I told her that!

She says to me "Well this language, that we are speaking is quite obviously a dead language."

I sigh from what she just said, as I think she has no idea what she really said or what it means to me. "Well of course it is!" I get a little mean in my tone of voice at her "As your kind....killed! everybody that ever spoke it!"

She is a little taken back...then steps a little farther away from me.

I say to her, as she leans away "Sara if you're feeling afraid of me. Thinking I am going to attack you?...Walk away now! Stop talking to me! As I don't need someone that is not listening to what I've said, what I've written down AND put my crest upon!"

Sara understands. Then basically communicates to me. Is what we have here so far, via the notes... is a "sorcerers contract?" she calls it.

I nod back 'yes' to her.

We go down a small maze of corridors. Then they put us on one of those metallic carts again. We ride it down miles of corridors to some more elevators that take us into a deep section of this underground complex. She's sitting right next to me talking. She's asking questions about what I felt about the place, what's going on here and what kind of storage kind of facility that is. She's kind of gives me an idea of what goes on here. Its stores dangerous and old stuff, that the humans try to figure out how to work! I have to laugh at it all. She complimented me on how well I write. About halfway down, she finally lets loose that she can't stay here and translate. But she does have someone that works for her? A disciple? She is considered a minor daemoness and explains to me farther. That her domain is Lust and perversions. I notice that she has been very honest with me. I am trying to be honest with her...to a point. A point that does not endanger my LIFE!

I thank her, for her understanding. I tell her, That I am not sure of anything around me at this time. I'm not sure I can trust anyone, Including her.

She says that, she can understand that someone would not have any trust of her kind based on the past. She informs me, that she and her dad are dedicating themselves to the betterment of the humans around them and betterment of this planet. They both want to keep it intact and not to destroy it.

I am thoroughly surprised at that an Dark One, wants to preserve life? I find that very strange....and I tell her so!

She looks to me "YES I firmly believe in it...this is what my religion is based on."

I sigh in thought...I look at her "I wish I'd met you earlier...before all this happened to me, many eons ago."

She glances at me with tilt to a her head. That says to me, She is questioning what I am saying to her. "What I am trying to say to you Sara, is...YOUR kind wiped my kind out and if we had met sooner? My kind might still exist! As we did not attack yours, till they came after us. Over half a million years of peace GONE after they came!" I try desperately to hold back all that anger...that deep loss. I am barely holding back want to LASH out at her...to kill her, as some kind of restitution. But I can't....I gave my word.

Sara nods back to me "Yes most of my kind are very destructive...why? I don't even understand?" Sara thinks on to herself 'Now I know why she had such a bad reaction to me. She maybe the last of her kind? I'll ask daddy on this.' she ponders on more 'She might be in such denial now from all this, she does not care if she lives. Maybe that's why, she did not attack me. She was waiting to be killed?'

After almost an hour of driving around and going through doors. They finally open up a large armored door. Then we walk down the hallway behind it, more guards, checkpoints, who knows what else. We finally! come to a room, they open a large door there. As I look across the floor, I see sitting in a ring of light and I think that is obviously some kind of shield. Is my Axe!. Its floating in the shields center, to keep anybody from touching it. I concentrate, I reached for it mentaly and I could see the shield flexes greatly...trying to hold it in.

Sara yelps to me "No don't!" very quickly.

I look at this young Sara girl. I stop doing it.

I say to her "They need to release my Axe! I need it."

She turns to the officer in charge of this place and converses with him about something. When they are done, He waves to the technicians.

Sara says "Those gentlemen over there are going to do something and release the shields holding your personal possession."

"Thank you."

I watch the humans work with their rows of gizmos......Then the light stops! Around my Axe, Now I don't feel anything between me and it anymore.

I glance at her "Is it okay now?!"

She looks at the man in charge and he nods saying to her 'yes'.

I inform Sara "Can you tell them, that My Axe will move very violently across room, to my hand and I don't want anybody getting stupid or jumpy and threatening during that time?."

Sara says to me "I will inform them!"

"Please make sure they understand, that before it hits my hand. I do have control over it. My weapon has a mind of its own and if it sees me attacked. I might not be able stop it in time before it hurts or kills someone here. It listens to me all the time, but it doesn't 100% always heed me. Since we been separated for so long, it might be a little finicky right now." I snicker a bit.

I communicate that to her and she understands. After several minutes and couple tries at it. She seems to get the message across to them

"Stand back a little bit, I don't want this going wrong" I say again to her.

I call my Axe to my hand. It flies across the room in a near straight line, hits my hand. I start re-bonding with it, because I have been away from it for so long. I have to wake it back up, like I did Nightwing! When I feel the bonds are fully done.

I glare at Sara for a few seconds and deep dark thoughts enter my mind 'I have my Axe now, I could just kill her and take what she knows. With that I could leave here. Or maybe they will...these humans...put me out of my misery? As I try to escape out of here?'

Then something happens...all those, more than evil thoughts seem to fade. I let go of the Axe and those thoughts of revenge...I forget them. Now my blade, it floats off and it fades into the nothingness.

I turn to Sara "That is done, it's in storage in a way. So...did you want to sit down talk some more? Or do you have to be somewhere? As you seemed to be implying to me, that you where going to have someone else come here and interpret for me? Is that true?"

Sara says back "Yes, I am going to have, like I said. One of the disciples of my church. One that understands this language, even better than I do. She can speak it better, since she's got a little gift for doing that."

I smile "That is fine...wonderful." I offer her my hand to shake it like a warrior, in a double arm clasp and the move...it kind of catches her strange for minute, then she understands it, that we're not grabbing hands, but at the wrists instead.

I ask "If you're going now? fine...but let's talk at least on the way back to your exit?"

Sara nods back "Yes! more than happy to."

We talked! All the way back, about little things. Almost like good friends would. I think to myself as we 'chat' 'I could get to like this one...she seems to be honest?'

She asked me a strange question, during our chat "Did you like any of the food?"

"I find the 'changed' food? human made? To be completely revolting! The naturally grown foods are okay? The water here, is some of the nastiest water I have ever tasted! You can taste the chemicals, metals and everything else in it! It's not natural!"

She shakes her head "So you have definitely a taste for just naturally grown foods, not this processed human food?"

"The candies and sweetbreads....those are okay" I jest her.

She giggles at me thinking, that candies were okay and everything else was not. As were going along the ride She sees we are getting friendly and she asked me What am I once again.

I shake my head "Not now, maybe later...we can discuss this?"

But then I think of an old riddle, in my head and I say to her. "If this helps you out? If you're smart enough to figure this out...'everything that I am is in the name, I'm not hiding'.....All you have to do is figure that out. If you're not smart enough to figure it out. Then you don't need to know."

As we are going along in our conversation, she gives to me a complement? "Your immensely bright and knowledgeable." she tells me.

"One of my side hobbies was learning, reading and writing. A gather of knowledge, storage of knowledge, and giver of knowledge to others." I inform her.

I go over the basics with her how, I gather and teach what I have learned. She seemed to be intrigued about it. We get to a certain section the complex. They stop and they get her out of the cart. I shake hands with her again, then say goodbye to her.

They then, drag me down the long hallways back to the room that they have decided to sequester me into. I go in and sit on the bed after the long trip.

In my mind....I am much happier now, I can feel my Axe with me. Nightwing is pretty much back to normal 'she is not talking yet?...but that will come' I can communicate with someone! I can write out something and someone will know what I am talking about. I sit there giddily thinking about it. I can start learning from here!

As I stayed in my room, pretty much the same monotony as before goes on. They give me writing supplies paper, don't feel like writing anything. I can't read my books, in front of these people. As I don't want them to know, that I have access to books and other personal items. I don't think that they need or should know about it all.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday April 5, 2007 6:25 Am
Homestake Paranormal Activities Research Center

Two days has past since Sara visited here and the guards come to my room, almost at the normal time for breakfast. But? this time, they wave me out.

'We must be going somewhere' I think.

They lead me back down the short hallway to the 'regular' meeting room again. They sit me down, Then I notice that there is stack of paper there, like before among the other writing supplies. 'I wonder...am I meeting that new translator?' I think and then get somewhat excited at the prospect of learning!

The door across the room opens, to show me. A small, younger, human girl, blond in hair color, near 5 foot 10 in height, very very nice looking and she is dressed in the style of Mr. Twain...'I am important!' it says to all.

She comes in partway, then stops at the doorway, waves the guards out on her side, as she says something to them in their language. Then something happens very funny this time, the guards on both sides of the room leave? She finally comes in all the way and gives me a small bow. Then stands, to say her name 'Becky Dahlgren'...Then she says in fairly good language to me, that's her name and she's introducing yourself to me. Sara is the one that she worships. She's one of the priestesses of the church of hers, on which she calls the East Coast of this country, that I'm currently in. She asked me my name? I say my name in my language. What she says back to me, as close I can get out of her not knowing it is Kyley I'll will go with that. It's good enough, sounding close to my name.

I stand up, to I wave her over to a chair and have a seat. I noticed one thing about her...she has manners! The other ones here didn't and I like that she does. She then sits down, to ask me plain and simply like a normal person would do. That a friend would ask me.

"How has your day been?"

I say back "Fine, all is well with me today."

I offer my hand to her. She takes it...and instead of a handshake, she does a more feminine clasp?...Humm?

After she settles down, she starts pulling out books and they're all out of the large bag that she had brought with her. She slides them across the table, near to me.

I tap on one of them and ask her "Can I look at this?"

She says, happily "Sure you can! Look at anything I own. I'm here to serve you in Sara's name. I'm going to be here at least two maybe three times a week. We are going to see if I can teach you English and you can teach me the thoroughness of the language that we're speaking."

I look her up and down she's young, but knowledgeable. "Okay agreed. An exchange of each others knowledge on language. Perhaps you can teach me this 'English' of yours, how to write it and read it. I'll teach you more of what you seem to have more than a basic grasp of. A very good one I might add" I complimented her.

She starts opening up the tomes, she has in front of her. Inside them, I find is basic grammar for this 'English' language of theirs and its mostly translated to mine. Then She's has put together, in another book, is this old language we are speaking in together with the English equivalents and its all written out very hurriedly. To me it looks like she's done this for a couple days before she arrived here today.

As I read one of the other books, I find she included numbers system form here! As I read it fast. I'm understanding the number system they use now! Then she added the symbols system they use for math on top of it, With a equivalency in my math too? With this, I am taking in this new information very fast. As math is universal.....you just have to find the basics of it.

We sit there for three or four hours going over what, she has brought today and I am noticing that she doesn't seem to be comfortable. As we are going through this and I'm not grasping this language at all! Which is very unusual for me, not to pick up something quickly. It is frustrating me greatly...'why is this so hard?' I think more than once.

I stop in my studies, to ask her "Are you hungry? or do you want take a break?"

She says "No."

I say to her "I must insist...if you need to rest or something please do. I need your mind sharp to correct me and catch up to me. You weak and your mind not where it needs to be, does not help me. I can sit here for Ten years and study this. It won't bother me one bit. I'm not you...your mortal, you're a human as you call it. I am not, so do not follow me as an example of how long to sit here in study."

She nods her head "Yes I am very tired. I would like to go to a room, to lay down for short time and get some food in me."

"No problem...always...if you feel uncomfortable...interrupt! and rest. Like I said...I need your mind sharp and you to be able to help me out, as best you can. Because I am not grasping your language at all and that's unusual for me. Your...English...for some reason is confounding me? I am greatly disappointed in myself actually" I admit to her.

I notice as we converse in the old tongue. She's getting better at it, pretty quickly. Its like I'm tutoring her faster, than she's tutoring me. Which is actually kind of bothering me a little.

She waves the guards in and I asked her "How long are you going to be?...approximately? You do not have to give me an exact time. I can,...like I said...I'm a very patient person. I'm going to outlive everyone in this building probably. To me this is nothing."

She says to me "I'll come back in an hour. Is that fine with you?"

"Everything's fine with me. You do what, you need to do. I need you here and sharp" I say rather plainly hoping an hour, for her is fine for the rest that she needs.

"Okay...I'll come back in an hour."

She signals the guards to come in. She talks to the one in charge for several minutes then, She gets up to leave with them.

I stop her for second, to say "Becky?" as best I can get her name out.

"Yes Kyley?"

"Could you ask this guard here. Is there a way to get me out of this locked room and I'd like to go outside for just a little bit. Into the fresh air?" I near plead to her.

Becky nods back to me and she starts conversing with the one that looks like he is in-charge.

Becky asks the sergeant of the guards in the meeting room "Is there anyway that she can go outside?"

He shakes his head "No...we can't let her outside. She is still a security risk."

Becky says back to the guard almost laughing "Security risk? It's fairly obvious to me from, what I've been told so far. That if she wanted out here? She would probably get out! She's very patient and you're not giving her some outside privileges. I think it would be good idea and then she will tell us more! I don't think she is going to anywhere. She doesn't feel like that to me. She just wants to be here to learn this language obviously. Just look at all the time she's dedicated to it so far."

The guard turns to talk into his radio that's mounted on his jacket. After he is done. Then everybody stands there just waiting for Mr. Twain to come.

The supervisor Mr. Twain comes in the room after about 15 minutes. "Becky what is it you need today? Please tell me, As they really did not tell me yet?"

Becky she points at me again. I of course have no idea what they are saying.

"She'd like to go outside. Just to see or be outside for bit. That would make sense to me, as she's been here for what? Two or three weeks now? She has not seen sky...fresh air? You have had her locked in a room, all that time and she has remained very calm all that time. I think you should let her have some outside time Mr. Twain?" she insists to him.

Mr. Twain stands there pondering the question "Becky do you feel that she's one of these people who would do a sorcerer's contract at all?"

Becky thinks on it "I think she is the type of person who would do that. It would be very binding to her. She's got mannerisms of someone of that high statute and your own technicians said they already felt magic on her. So I would have to assume...yes."

"Well then, why don't you ask her. Then I will believe her. If she agrees to an agreement of that sort...Because we're so far away from anything. She can't go very far" he chuckles out.

Becky finally turns to me "They want your word of honor and a sorcerer's contract. That your not going to go anywhere. That you will come back in the building after they request you to come back in.

I look the man in charge and Becky over for a few moments "Do they want verbal or do they want written?" I ask her.

She turns and asked him my question. He looks surprised at my answer to his.

"Becky what is the difference between written and verbal?" Twain asks her.

"I don't know? Why don't you ask one of your mages? It's not what I do. I am a translator and I read history" she near laughs at him.

Mr. Twain goes to talk to someone via an intercom mounted on the wall. He picks up the handset and asks for the right department. Then hangs up to wait for a reply. A couple minutes go by. The line rings back to him.

"So your my mage consultant on staff today?" he asks "So what do you think of the question at hand...if they gave it to you already?"

"Sir...A written contract or a sorcerer's contract? Oh that's a very binding thing indeed! That's if she's a true mage. She will have to obey it 100% to the letter. If you don't live up to your end? There are drastic consequences to it."

Mr. Twain. Asks the mage consultant now worried "Like what?"

"Well since your the manager of this complex. You breaking your word to her...Will weaken all the wards and shields around the whole complex. After that happens she can pretty much come in and out and leave as she pleases instantly! I know that may sound strange Sir? But that's how it works. What you're in charge of, you break the deal? Pretty much nulls and voids any power that you can hold over her! From here on out."

Twain gasps out a little "Ohh?...But if she breaks her end on a written contract?"

"Then you pretty much have sway over her for quite a good deal. It would almost be a contract of a slave! It's up to you, how hard you want this contract written? By Doing it written...not verbal? It would say to her that you're serious about holding up your end of the bargain, as she is."

Twain hangs up the intercom turns back to us "Becky? Please tell her I'd like it written."

Becky turns back to me after they talked a little bit "He's requested it to be written. He consulted with his mage on this...so you know."

"Humm...Fine." I walk over the table. I start writing it out in my language. When I am done, I burned my symbol on the bottom and it's official...I am now stuck here. Till I find a way out or they let me...

Then I hand it to her. "There you go...Becky...just what he wants."

She reads it to Mr. Twain "Well here is her promise. It is basically saying, you let her out at least once a day for an hour or two, your choice. Then, when you request her to come inside she immediately comes inside. She will listen to whatever rules you have. She's not going to go anywhere. She will not leave the grounds without your permission."

Mr. Twain asks "How are we going tell her to come inside?"

Becky gets an Idea. She writes on a piece paper your basic commands, come inside, go outside, come here, and a couple others in the old language that Kyley uses.

"Here is a list of basic commands for her. Basically have your guards point to something, have her read it and she can figure it out." She hands the paper to Twain.

Becky turns to me "Kyley...I just gave Mr. Twain a list of basic commands for you to read, so now...you know what they want you to do. They will point at one, you read it and its simple from there. Is this all right with you?"

"Fine with me. This makes more than sense. You might want to make a bigger, more complex one for us to use. Till I learn this Foul language of yours" I laugh.

I see Mr. Twain nods and Becky leaves the room. He then turns to me then points at the piece of paper...it says...go outside...I nod. He says something to the two guards I don't understand. They lead me down the hallway. Then out the longer, bigger hallway. Then show me one of those 'carts' I get in at their hands waves to do so. After we are all in we drive down another extremely long, large hallway to an elevator that goes far up to the surface. Once there, they lead me off through a couple of armored doors. That finally lead me outside into a courtyard. It looks like a dining hall in this regard. Lots of benches and tables on the edges under a partial roof. It has a tall wall around it. In the center of the area, there is a slightly hilly area with grass, some large stones to sit on? and a rather nice pool with rock water fall.

I look around to the sky above and smell the air 'this is good!' I walk out on to the grass and kneel down on it. I get as comfortable as I can with guards watching me! I start concentrating to attune myself to what's around me, put my feelers out to what's around me. I bump against the wards. Even out here I'm still behind the wards of the complex. I don't like that, but I guess that's one of the rules. I'd love to fly right now. But I can't...I promised I wouldn't. Then I start to dwell on the other things I want to do. My books I can't read here...yet. Talking to my last two kids! I have to guard them....no one should know I have them still. Then add with all the wards up I can't go explore...out there!

After diving into what I can't do for far too long, I start to meditate on what I can do. As I go deeper and reach out as far as I dare. I open my mental shields...just a small bit. NOT! too much as I know now there is Darkness hidden and locked away here. As I go deeper I am finding many 'new?' thoughts enter my head...from where? I do not understand.

After about an hour or so, of me being out there meditating. The guard taps me on my shoulder, points on the paper in my language and it says...come inside. I stand up and walk back to the cart with them and the guards are taking me downstairs back down into the complex once again.

For the next two weeks, what seems to be our schedule. I meet with Becky every other day, she is teaching me this new language at a slow pace. That is more my issue than her not being able to teach. I basically asked her to teach me the commands for go outside, come outside, come here, do this, do that, FIRST...So at least the guards, if they say it correctly. I can understand what they're saying or asking me to do. This is so, they and me don't have to depend on a piece of paper anymore and point me around like an idiot.

In the middle of the second week, Becky brings in a vast stack of translated books for me, on basic grammar. She seems to have other people working on the outside for her, to write down translations in books for her of both languages. We seem to fall into a routine, of about four hours a day, maybe five and every other day approximately. Sometimes Becky will go an extra day in that week. On the 'off' days, I study the books she brings in to me. Every few days or so she brings in a stack of new books and translations for me to go through. As I read them in my room, all day and night non-stop. But I am still having a hard time writing this language down or reading it. I don't understand it? Me? having a hard time grasping the concept of this language is bothering the heck out of me!

By the end of the third week all I have basically gotten is the commands that she wrote out weeks ago. I also have a choppy 'hello and how are you'? This really starting to get me mad. At the end of this third week, on what she calls Thursday. Becky and stops our lessons.

Becky says to me "You seem to keep on arriving here in the same simple clothes. Is all you have these 'hospital pants and a hospital shirt'? Why don't you have them get you regular clothes?"

I regard her "In the style like what you're wearing? I don't understand why?"

"Well you will look more normal?"

I look at her and laugh a little "Do you understand the customs of my homeland? If you want hear this out, I will give you the basics? Because we don't talk much outside of the lessons."

She nods back to me more than interested "Yes I would like to hear this...please!"

"Well the custom of my homeland, where I grew up. I was that when you're at home, you don't wear clothes. Unless there's a gathering of outsiders, a political gathering, the King holding court or that style of event. Even then it's just robes."

"Oh! so you?" she blushes intensely at the thought.

"Yes...we walk around with nothing on. Outside of our home we wear armor, as we have to. But when we are at home, in it we don't...Because" I sigh "outside we always have to wear our armor or it hurts. I know that's a concept you might have a hard time understanding. We can only go outside the homeland without armor on for a day or so without problems." I lie a little to her. To hide what really happens. As I know that they do listen and them knowing too much might hurt me someday.

"Why?" she asks

I shake my head "I can't explain that. I won't. Don't ask me to explain farther... please. It just is."

"Can I see this armor?" She asks me like a small child would ask, all filled with hope to see something new!

I laugh at her "Now?" she nods and smiles.

I shake my head a the thoughts "It would probably give these guards quite a startle! So I don't think that would be a good idea."

She pouts a little at me right then. Then she gets up and marches over to the door. She knocks on it and the guard finally comes in. She's telling him something. I hear a couple of the words. I actually understand some of them now...'she, going to, and something else. I'm getting this language one inch at a time.

She walks back over to our table, kind of happy.

Becky happily says to me "You can put your armor on for two minutes. So I can see it. Then it has to come off."

"Fine I can do that for you. As long as they said yes." I look to the male guard at the door she just talked to.

The guard still standing in the doorway nods at us both.

"Okay" I start into pulling off my top.

Becky near shrieks at me "What you doing?" as she nearly jumps at me to cover me back up.

"I can't put my armor on, with these clothes still on. It will rip them apart?" I inform her.

She seems to be cautious "Okay....if that does not bother you being 'natural' in front of a 'male' person?"

"Its completely normal for me. You should not have shame of yourself? Its the way you are meant to be." I laugh.

She seems to disconcerted by that simple-ness of my statement.

I take off the top and what she calls pants. Which translates pretty close to What I call them. I keep to my smaller self...instead of the larger one, I usually wear when I have armor on. Then I manifest my armor from my bracelet. It flows out of my bracelet slower than usual, so I don't startle the guards. After a few seconds, I am now fully covered, all but my head. She comes walking over and touches it.

"Wow It's cold?" she says to me, as she runs a hand down its smooth surface.

"Inside its warm" chuckle out.

She is feeling across its surface "Its tight...you can see every detail of your body. Its just incredible how thin it is and it's just sucking up the light!"

"Yes" I sigh "I'm the only one that has dark armor out of all my people. Something happened to me and I was marked with black armor from there on out."

"When you where marked with this dark armor was that a bad thing?" she asked concerned.

"A curse and a gift, being one in the same."

She rubs her hand over it more "Does it do anything else?"

"It does many things. That would probably get your guards very upset and scared if I showed it here."

She goes on to look me over some more "How about this? Can I take a picture?"

"What is a 'picture'?"

Becky giggles "Ohh-ya We have to show you this!" Then she goes and gets something with a flat, square, box thing from her bag. That has a light up screen on it. Then she does something with it...IT FLASHES! as she aims it at the wall. Now what was on the wall, is a image in the thing.

I shake my head "No I don't want..." She gets upset, like she's disappointed "No I don't think that would be a good idea."

I ask her, as I point at the box she just used "What is that?"

"This is a phone."

I laugh "Well your going to have to explain the word 'phone' I have no idea what you mean? 'phone'?"

Since there is no equivalent word for it in my language. So she explains what it is. She tells me its a communications device.

I nod at it "Humm ? 'phone." I say out...but I get it little wrong and she corrects me. I call my armor off and get my clothes back on while I say it and practice it.

Then she starts showing what else it does. It has the 'pictures' and how other things work on it. Like 'movies'? The 'net'? and other things.

I nod to her, somewhat blankly....as she lost me about 5 minutes after she started! "You humans and the little things, that you come up with in lieu of magic. Has always amazed me" I say to her.

Then she takes a step back from me, deep in thought is my guess "When I'm not here, do they show you anything at all?"

"No I just sit my room and do nothing, meditate or I do some of the assignments you give me and read the books you bring. I am trying to memorize them. That's about it" I shrug.

Becky stands in thought at my answer for some time "I got an idea!" she opens the door and talks to a guard. About half an hour later, She sits back down with me to get back to work. An hour passes by, as we work on the new words for today. Then a guard comes in the room while we're still going over lessons. She talks to him and then another person comes in another hour later.

This new person brings in a device, like her phone...but bigger. Then the both of them start using it and talking for quite some time.

I wait...but I am too interested to wait! "What are you two getting into?"

Becky points up and around us to the walls "This room records everything that we say in it."

"Okay? it writes it down?" I ask not understanding.

"Yes in a way it does."

She goes on...the room writes down whatever is said in here and this device-- this thing here, she calls it a 'computer' remembers it? and I can go over with the computer what I said in here for lessons. Then you can listen when I say a English word and in your languages equivalent of it. Then you can listen to it back and forth. Then learn while I'm not here for those days."

"So it's a verbal writing tablet!"

She gets happy, that I understand this "Yes that's what it can do for you! I can have one of the guards come in here and show you how to do it. Then we will start making what it says and what it writes as a translation on both sides. We will make a teaching utensil out of it, for you. It should take a couple, to three days? I'll get some people working on it. As the people in charge here, they want the same thing. Now that we have the same goal in mind. They can do this, with us talking in here for the last two weeks."

"Yes this is a good idea. You are definitely a bright young person!"

She looks me over "Young person? You said ,you subsumed a human and came here from somewhere else? How old are you?"

I ponder the question for a bit "How do you measure time?"

She tells me what this is, that this is, for the times that she's come in. Days equals this, then weeks, then months and years.

I nod my understanding of what she said "Okay where I was, my homeland. I watched over it for 500,000 of your years."

Her jaw drops "YOUR 500,000 YEARS OLD!" she yelps out in English, in near shock from the thought of it.

The other person in the room working with the computer...STOPS! and glares at me along with Becky.

She blurts out in my language this time "So you're like Sara! Your never gonna die?"

"Probably not."

Then she asked me question that seemed strange "Do you know what a daemon mark is?"

"Ohh yes! I know what a daemon mark is from the one of the Dark Ones. In my encounters with them it's a bad thing."

She explains out "With Sara it's a good thing. I have not been granted one. She has only given one to select people so far. The ones who do have it...she feels are very close to her." Becky stands there for some time deep in thought.

After some time goes by, She asks me near beaming with hope "Do you have something like that!"

"Hummm? Let me think on that. As I have changed A LOT lately....so Mine might have changed. But my old one that I always have. I know I can, still do! Is same...a little in that way." I shrug a little " BUT this one of mine, is fatal...instantly. But with it everything that you ARE!...I would know. I guess it would be the same thing as her's? You would become a part of me. Did you want that? Because I would certainly pick up your language in a heart beat, if I did that. But you would cease to exist! The way you describe Sara's Mark is no where near the same, you would be just part of me. That would be it...you wouldn't get much out of it. You certainly would not experience anything from here on out. You would just be piece of knowledge in me and that's all there would be left of you."

She sits there for quite some time...she's pondering it!? Then she surprises me with her next statement "Kyley I am seriously considering it?"

I shake my head. I am in near shock at the thought! It is making me sick "NO! you got a life in front of you! I wouldn't do that unless, you're on your deathbed! That's not what I do. I respect life FAR too much. I couldn't put that kind of pain on those who you hold dear!"

Becky near pleads back "My friends and my family would think its a........."

"I don't care what they think. Its what I want. NO! I couldn't do that. Knowing that I caused someone pain? Even thou you like it? I couldn't agree to that. That would hurt me too much"...I get up and pace the room in anger that someone would toss away life like this! I start again in explanation to her..."If you where dying of some disease, I couldn't help you with and your going to die anyway...in a day or two, I understand that. This way? No! you have got another 40-50 years of life in front of you! NO I couldn't do that to you."

She looks kind of sad now, I can just feel the wave of it wash over me form her and just under each wave is disappointment added to it all.

I whisper to her as softly and kindly as I can muster out "Just Believe me...you got life in you. When you think you're going pass from this world and you still think that way? You seek me out and we will make a decision then. Until then just live your life, learn and spread your knowledge. You can make other people's lives better, that's what I believe!"

Becky looks at me more than emotional. Sadness is eating her up. I can feel every drip of it across the room and it eats at my very soul to feel it "I want to be part of something that lives on forever! and this is a way!"

I get closer to her, to hold her shoulders and smile at her face "You did that! I will never forget this. This language your teaching me, will serve me everyday for 1000's of years to come. So you made your goal! My mind can't forget anything...like I remember how many peanuts you ate yesterday during lesson time!" She looks at me smiling now..."You ate 374 in that bowl!...See you are going to live on and my kids will learn what you have shown me here! So?...You have to have a presence and try. Giving up is silly." I start to pace the room....then I glace at her standing there "You know...what?... since we broached this subject. How about we end today's lesson at this and you can go home to think about what I said. I'm going to ask them to go outside."

I walk over to the guard and ask him "Outside...go...please?"

I'm starting to leave the room and I see Becky going out the other door. She really does not look happy. I can feel the sadness and dread in her across the room. I hope I did not mess this up and she leaves!

The guard gets my attention back too him and says "Something...something...go outside?" I nod back to him.

He talks into that voice moving device of his. Then after it talks back to him they start into walking me down the hallway to take me outside again. We go on the same path as the last 17 times I have been let outside.

As we get finally outside I ask him "Outside...long?" He holds up three fingers "Hours?" I ask...

He says "Yes" as he nods back to me.

I say back to him "Good!" he smiles back to me...I nod and I am feeling quite pleased with myself! I am talking to them!

Once out on the green area, that they only let me go to. After I sit down, to start into relaxing my mind and body. To let my mind drift about freely. I find that doing this once and awhile, new thoughts seem to come to me in my head? But when I do this in my room I get nothing. So I relate outside to doing this as much as I can now!

As I sit and relax...I find the answers of Becky's last question to me, just flow into my mind. Yes! I can do what Sara does now...As the 'laws" governing here, say it has to be that way! They say, to me... if I save someone's life or change something about them, a equal 'price!' must be paid. This keeps the gates of hell or heaven shut! So that one 'wishing' moron can't wreck the train we are all on!

I sit there and let all that new knowledge flow into me, the new parts flow into my mind to get moved into place and 'filed' for later review. I also start think about this place and my place in it, at the same time. Now I notice that my mind can have many thoughts going at the same time, just like I did in the past. I am starting to grow back toward what was normal for me.

While my mind is doing all that...I really like being outside for a bit. As being in the tunnels of this complex may not bother me. But being outside is far better still. I think...NO I wish! I could get out of here and get airborne! Too fly about for hours! But no way, do they trust me that far yet! But time will change this!

As my body sits there for quite some time and my mind drifts to dozens of thought at the same time, to solve them or mull over them. The guard finally come over to me "Something...inside...now..go...?" is what I think he said to me...he finally says this enough times, I get it. 'my comprehension of this language is killing me!'

I finally nod back to him "Okay" I am finally learning that..'okay'..means....yes.

After I nod agreement to the guards, then they take me on the long boring path back to my room again. I am starting to see THAT room as more prison cell that it really is than 'guest room'.... Once I get there, I start right into pacing the room. As I am really upset. I want to help Becky with her goal. But she might not see what I already do, that she has succeeded! As I pace my room in thought, a knock is at my door I almost laugh at it. Manners? as if I can NOT open it! They control it, not me?

A man comes in my room and places a tray of fresh food on my desk. As he starts to leave I say "Thanks" and he nods back. I glance over the tray of food. I see that they finally got onto the idea that bringing me full services of certain foods is just a waste of time. Now they are bring to me samples of food to try out something else different. When I like something I put a little of it aside on the tray to say to them 'I like to see that again'....they seem to be keeping track of that. As now in the fourth week of me being here. They are dividing the tray in half, new stuff on one side, old favorites on the other and a little bit of water. I sit and eat or try out what is there.

Then I go to sit back on my bed and meditate all night. All that fills my mind all night is that Becky is mad at me and most likely has left. As I said NO to her dream.

On the coming of morning. I go get my morning shower over with, as I dry myself off and brush out my hair. I am thinking of my wife and little girl I did this for. I am starting to feel down from it. A knock is at the door once again. I suck in those feelings, as a female guard comes in with my 'food' and a large bag. She puts the tray down on my table and walks over to my bed where I am sitting at. To pull out lots of new clothes.

'Humm a female?' I've only seen two or three females in the whole building. I have only seen males near all this time.

What she pulls from the bag is, new dark blue pants for me and a blue shirt. Then she pulls out and places on the bed even more things.

As she does this. She points to the first items "Socks?" they are both small and white in color...then she pulls up her pant leg to point at one on her leg, under the pants, but over her feet.

I say "Socks" but mess I it up about a dozen times, as she corrects me.

Then she moves on to "Shoes" and shows me them, they are very weird for 'shoes' but look good and they are both black with some white blue strips on them. She asks for my foot and slips a sock on...then a shoe on it. I nod back my understanding of it. She takes both back off.

She then takes out "Underwear" and they are two parts. One "Bra" that's a real bright pink and 'see through?' I wonder why? Then one "panties" set....real small and thin in the same color. I go through learning those words and items they go with. She asks me to take off my shirt. I do so. Then she shows me the rather complicated way to put both on. I hate it!...but they are far softer than the shirt, I have been wearing!

She then pulls out a new shirt, that I put on, she makes sure I do the buttons right. I near slap her hand away! I know buttons! they are common! Then she picks up the new pants.

"Blue jeans" she says to me.

I say it over ten times before, I get it right.

She hands them to me and motions for me to put them on. I find them a bit tight. But they loosen up, After I am done getting them on and stand up. I get all the clothes on and straight. She spins me about, looks me over and then nods her approval.

She grabs the bag one more time and pulls out a coat...a "Jacket" then she rubs it indicating the cloth itself "Denim" she then hands it to me.

She looks me over once again. Then hands me the shoes and socks to put on. I do and now...I guess this is presentable and I shrug at it all.

She then walks out of the room, pretty much without saying a word and her job is done. So I sit and eat or really pick at the food she brought to me. As I am feeling down...Becky...I just know she left. Later on that day, they come to get me and take me to my lessons room. My pace down the hall is slow and I feel sad. I have to wonder who is going to teach me today and how far will this set me back?

As I come in, I see Becky sitting there as usual. Joy just fills me. As I had thought all night, I had messed up and she would be gone!

"Your here!" I beamed at her. Showing my immense JOY at her being there!

"Of course I am?" she says to me more than confused at what I said AND how I said it!

I admit to her "I just thought, with how sad you felt yesterday...you...that you would leave? Especially after I told you no...on what you wanted?"

"Ahh no I would never leave someone in this kind of position. You need me to teach you this. Besides I promised, I would to you and Sara. So here I stay till I am done at least" she proclaimed to me.

"Well I am very happy you stayed!" I near bounce out.

Becky finally notices the clothes on me "WOW! they brought you new clothes! I asked them too, but they did it so fast!"

I spin about "Yes they did...Well I hope this makes you happy?"

She looks me over, but her face and emotions say disappointment "Well they got you new clothes. But they sent a man to buy them...he did shop in the girls section, but I can tell it was a guy by what he bought!"

"SO this is bad?" I ask not even knowing what is correct here.

"Ahh no...not all bad. The shirt has got to go. The jeans he bought....Ahhumm he bought them to show off your butt! That's why they are so tight on you! The shoes are Okay for now" She looks down my shirt by pulling it out a bit "AND!! that bra?...he picked a sexy one! That A-hole! He must be one of the guards who sees you everyday on camera and he is getting his thrills at seeing you in that!" She moves me about and pulls on the pants sides to see the 'panties' "YEP just as I thought, the panties match! Ooo I am mad!" she hisses out through clinched teeth.

Gods I can feel the anger rolling off her. I step back a few paces to give me more room. Becky sees my move and my face change in looks "What's wrong?" She asks me.

"Ahhh I can feel your anger...real bad and if I don't step back a little now. I might get mad from it myself?" I say a bit sheepish, to her raising anger.

"You feel my emotions?" she appears to me more than startled.

"Ahh yes I do. Normally I keep all my shields up...but when I am in here with you? I drop them, so I can get a 'feeling' to what your saying. I find it helps out a lot with learning faster."

"So you 'feel' what I do?" I nod "So? I had better keep it down a little!" she giggles out. I now feel, that she is happy again.

"Thanks that helps. I really don't want to shield you out."

"Do you feel the others here?" she quizzes me.

"Yes I do...but I keep my shields up everywhere but here. As there is what can only be described as...pure evil stored here....somewhere?" I wave my finger in the air "and it wants out bad!"

She nods back to me "Okay? I will take your word on that!"

Then she looks me over more "But I am going to have to fix these clothes and get you some more appropriate ones to wear!"

I asked her "It's been a long time that I've been here. Have we developed enough trust that I can be taken out of this very guarded section and put in something more reasonable? Like on the surface at least. Then I can get out once in a while and not have an escort everywhere? I'm feeling more...and more like a prisoner now....than a 'true' guest."

She sighs to me "I don't make those decisions, but I could ask?"

"Would you please? Do that today and it's obvious I don't want to go anywhere. I want to learn this. I have to! and you have to show me more of these computers and stuff and the cart and whatever else"...I say more than excited!..."and I hear noises in the sky...things flying that I know...they're not creatures I assume they are technology...I hear them when I'm outside once in a while and the mirror on my wall?... is not a mirror and I know it!...It looks like one of these computer things!" I near run out the words...like a river at full flood to her!

Becky just starts laughing hard at me and has to interrupt me "That's a TV...a television"

I repeat it back to her "Television" it takes me some time to get that one right!

"The television...it broadcasts moving pictures for entertainment. Like watching a play."

"And you can request any of these 'plays' instantly? and it shows all these moving pictures like a play...really? That is 'neat?" I say back.

Becky casts a concerned eye on me "You know...actually you're right your cooped up in here. You're just learning a language and your not learning anything else. So? you were trapped in a block for 150 years...but anything that human? that you subsumed knew...you don't get at all?"

I have no idea...I ponder that question "I know what a horse is...I know what a dog is...what a cat is. As that is a common thing....but outside of that, I know nothing of this world."

She sighs and then walks over to the door, knocks on it to get the guards attention to the door. After a few seconds it opens and she starts talking to him. She talks rather fast to him and I feel 'mad-anger' coming from her. She comes back over to me at the table and sits "Well I am going to get this fixed! for you!"

A couple hours later Mr. Twain comes in the room and he seems upset at having to come here. I stand up and greet him "Hello how has your day been?" ...And that is the limit of what I know...I mentally laugh. I offer to shake his hand and he does.

"So what can I do for you?" he asks me.

I look to Becky and she nudges me in the ribs, I ponder what to say to him "Outside...go... now...long time?" is the best I can do.

He's shaking his head in reply to me.

Becky gets a little mad and is explaining it to him. I don't know what's going on.

Becky starts into him "Mr. Twain? she's already discussed her wants today. That she does not want to be treated like this anymore. Being a prisoner. She obviously doesn't want to leave here. But what's going on here is she needs to be shown the outside world so she can acclimate and not be locked in this one spot. She's not learning as near as much, as she should about technology. Like what a phone is, a car, plane is or even a television is and she has one IN! her room and does not know what it is or how to use it...GODS she thinks its a mirror or something!"

I heard the word "phone" So I get the idea, she's running down a list of things to them, that I need to know.

He looks like he is at least thinking about it. Mr. Twain paces about the room for several minutes.

Then he stops to look at Becky "You know Becky--I think you're right. She has reached a point that, she hasn't done anything that shows she's a threat. I think bringing her upstairs to one of the guest cottages, so that we can watch over her and she can have free run of the area. We can do this as long as she signs another contract not to go anywhere? She just has to know and obey some set rules."

Becky looks real happy and overjoyed to me now...she sang out to him "Well that would be a great idea! It would be a lot more comfortable for me and for her. You could assign me a guest cottage near her! With that I could bring her up to speed on real world stuff so much faster!"

Mr. Twain nods "I think that would be good idea. Plus we have to start thinking about really integrating her into society and think about sending her to that mutant school back East."

Becky sang out happy! "Whateley were Sara's at?"

"Yeah at least she would know one person there right?"

"That makes sense. She would know one person regardless if they have a friendly relationship? At least she would know 'of' one person better than no one? That would be one person that she could talk to in an emergency in her own language!" Mr. Twain nods his agreement to her.

"Well do you want do this today?" She asks.

I stand there watching the two of them talk for quite sometime and when I heard 'Sara' in their conversation I got more than a little apprehensive. 'What are they up too?' I think. I start to drop my shields and reach out to what Twain and Becky are feeling and I do not find any malice or trickery in them...or ill will toward me. So I calm down a little.

Mr. Twain stood there thinking about it "Might as well...today, tomorrow, next week. It's going to have to get done eventually. Having her cooped up down here. She's not getting as much knowledge as normally would. Maybe if we show her some trust. She will show us more trust. You tell her and then we will all escort her out of here right now."

Becky comes near bouncing happily over to me and tells me the whole thing. The plan to take me upstairs. Set me up in one of the guest cottages, like a small house. Then they will show me my boundaries. I then have me sign another honor oath, that I am not going to do certain things and obey certain things. She tells me that they are going to do this move now.

I look at Mr. Twain and I say to him "Yes!" he nods back to me "Thank you" I say back. That was one of the manners language lessons I've been getting slowly.

He nods to the guard there. After he does more guards come in to the room. They gather us all up and they escort me down the hallway from the other side of the rooms doorway this time. They lead us all to a larger 'cart' that more people can fit into.

I look at Becky "This is a Van, if your wondering about it?" she says at my very questioning glance at the 'thing?'

This 'van' is way bigger! It's got to be five times bigger than the others I have seen so far. It starts off down, a much bigger hallways at a higher speed then the others and to an elevator. This elevator is much larger, the doors on it are huge! and thick with armor. We finally finish going up in it. We finally exit the elevator at a huge guard post. That stops us, checks each and everyone out. I even feel a mage check on us all! After we are done the 'van' we are in drives off and goes many leagues distant from the complex. I turn around to see the big rock gate that we just came out of, all the guards around it and guard towers made out of rock they call 'concrete'.

I start into asking Becky about...this and that and she says words that don't make sense to me now. She adds to each question and I am getting it as fast as I can.

I ask Becky "How does this thing move? As I feel no magic on it and there is no animal pulling it"

"It's an engine....there is a metal box under there" she points to the front "inside of there are tubes and fires pop in and out of them. They burn something and it makes things, in the tubes...go up and down and pushes rods and stuff and makes the wheels turn...okay?"

I ponder that...."I will get you some access to a library! That will fix this and other questions" Becky says.

Then she leans forward and starts asking Mr. Twain. Who is sitting in the front all my questions. I also notice that there is only two guards in here with us all right now instead of the usual six. Mr. Twain says something and I hear the word 'library' again. I am starting to recognize one word or two...and 'yes' and 'will we' so forth.

After some time, the van gets to a small white house among many in a large grouping of the same and all of them look exactly the same to me. There are ten of the same house in a square shape surrounding a grassy area. With trees in the center and a small building at the corner of the clear area. Mr. Twain and Becky are talking for a good 30 minutes or so and she's writing down notes as quick as she can while we sit in the van.

She leans back to me "This is what the rules are. Your to stay at this cottage. You have free roam around it and in it. It has one room to sleep in, it has a bathroom like your used too. It has a kitchen, but you don't...eat " she laughs "But you can cook and prepare food in it, this is what we call a kitchen."

"Humm kit...chin?" I take me several tries till she nods its good.

We all pile out of the van and Twain leads the way to the small house, Becky is next then me --followed by the two guards. As Twain opens the door I look around and see five more guards nearby. My guess they are not there by chance?

Mr. Twain opens the front door and leads us all in--but the guards.

He starts into a small tour for us. The first room is the 'living room?'....'hummm silly name' I think. The room has a large long chair in it, they call a 'couch or sofa?' and two other chairs with a table at the center. Becky shows me the huge 'TV' on the wall there it has to be near 70 inches "I will show you how this works later on" she says to me.

Twain says a bunch of stuff to Becky...she takes notes on what he says furiously ...I ask "What? "

"I will show you later...its all about the TV and other things in this room" I nod back.

He shows us a room with a bed and place to keep clothes in. The bed is just huge!, made for two and the set of drawers in there also is nice. Then a bigger bathroom than I had before with a tub, a shower and two sinks. He shows me that kitchen, with its cooking place and a 'fridge' that is cold! This leads us all out a rear door. Once outside...he tells Becky even more, she writes it all down for me to see and hear later.

Twain then starts us down a path from the rear door and keeps telling Becky more and more at each step.

Becky stops us "Kyley? you can go down this path...only this path" she tells me.

"They are being very restrictive on things here?"

"This is their rules I don't make them?" she says back.

We walk more down the path and exit the small house area to a large building.

"This is the rec center where you can exercise" she adds when we stop there.

She then shows me the building and its contents, a weight set to lift...to build strength and a circular 'track' outside to run on?

I look at it and I laugh "You run around in circles? Instead of running from somewhere to somewhere else? That's stupid...but okay?"

Then she shows me a pool in the building "A indoor pond to swim in?...Oookay? I might enjoy that?"

We exit the building to go to one right next door. She tells me this is the communal food area...called the 'cafeteria' You don't need to worry about that, but you can go in there if you want to eat and maybe talk to people?"

Then we all walk down another path "Are you memorizing this all?" Becky asks.

"Yes Becky I can memorize everything, I have memory that's completely 100% perfect. I could tell you what, you asked me three weeks ago when I first met you. The second word that came out of your mouth and I'd be exact."

She is startled and pleased "This means you ARE like Sara, you can remember everything?" I can see she is maybe thinking about yesterdays questions again...I hope not!

"Yes I can tell you how many French fry things you had on your plate when you came in last week with lunch...that one day."

She shakes her head to me...she is thinking, I can see and feel it "Yes that's right Becky I am different. Sara and...I, are a lot more different creatures than you."

We all moved on into the next large building in the grouping "This is the library Kyley this is where you can find all the books that you will need and computers are in here too for you to use. After I show you how they work." she giggles at me.

She goes on to show me the vast numbers of shelved books there "Most information is on computers these days. But some of it, is still in books?"

I pull a book off the shelf, I opened it and started into to reading it...'this is good' I thought...'but I could only understand but maybe one word out of a hundred. BUT! it has pictures and words!....that might help out eventually'

Mr. Twain gets my attention from the books and their 'lure!' of knowledge, for us all to walking back to the guest cottage.

"Well this is it and so I will get all my supplies together. I will move them up here and they will put me up right next door. So you be able to see me at anytime!" Becky beams.

I ask her more than concerned that...this is all she has "Don't you have a life outside of this?"

"No I was pretty much....I'm a priestess of the church. That's what I took care of......translating the tomes and scrolls for the church itself. That's what I did in life before. That's all I want do."

She Asks the guard to do something. He goes off out the front door.

I watch as Mr. Twain gets Becky's attention from watching the guard leave "I need to have her sign that sorcerers contract about the new rules Becky?" he states to her.

"Well lets go over the basics and then I will give them to Kyley to see and agree on. Then we can make changes as needed?" she pointed out to him.

After they talk a little. I then see them banter back and forth for near a half an hour. She writes notes down at a furious speed, all the while asking Twain many a question while doing it! I don't understand much, but my guess by how Becky is talking, its all important.

During the conversation those two have. I watch the guards bring in most of mine and Becky's lesson material into the 'living room'. As they do, I notice a few guards right outside the door waiting on a cart.

I walk out and point at all the bags on the carts flat part "What is?"

The driver glances at me from a 'phone' thing he is using and thinks about what I asked...he then says "Becky's bags" which I actually understood!...'Gods I am doing good today on this!'

I walk back in to see Becky is still talking with Mr. Twain "Becky your bags are here."

"Good tell them to take them to my new house? Can you?" she asks. I nod back.

I walk out to the man on the cart and get his attention from that 'phone' thing. This time he was not talking to someone, but playing a game maybe on it. As it made sounds that a child would like. "Becky...bags...house" I say to him.

He nods to me and drives to the house right next door and starts to take her baggage or whatever they call it here, off the cart. Then he puts it in the house right next to mine.

'humm she is right next door...good or bad?' I think.

I go back to see what Becky is up too. I look over here shoulder to see that she is writing out in my language a set of rules for me.

I look them over and I interrupt her and Twain. "Is this to be my contract for staying here?"

"Yes Kyley it is...Is there anything you want to add so far?"

I read what was there so far...most of it is normal, but I saw one item left out. I asked Becky "Can you ask him, if I can fly once in a while. I have wings for a reason. Though you haven't really seen them." I jest.

She giggles a little "That's right! They did tell me you can fly or have wings anyway. So? you really do fly?"

"Yes I really do fly...and getting outside and stretching would be a good thing?"

She laughs real hard and that surprised Twain "Stretching your wings!"

"I don't get the idea?"

"It's a joke saying...'stretching your wings'....means to get up and move around."

"Okay?" I say flatly back...not even understanding it.

"Mr. Twain?...Kyley wants to fly some around here to....'stretch her wings'...that's why I laughed."

Twain chuckles..."Humm as long as its in the rules too. I can see that? How about half an hour to an hour, twice a week up to say a 1000 ft up...her choice of what days. Just she has to start wearing a badge to track her. Also it has to have a picture and such just like yours does. We also want something in trade for this 'extra'...more of her history? or study her medically as we have done none of that and it has to get done sometime or she will never leave here as per....MCO regs?"

That last part confirmed it to her...'they do listen and know some things Kyley and I say. As we just talked yesterday about pictures, an her not wanting any...hummm'..."Mr. Twain I will ask her?"

Becky gets up and walks over to me, then leads me outside. "Kyley here are the rules they want you to obey. The question you asked about flying? Well they will let you do that half an hour to an hour twice a week your choice of what days. But they want something from you in trade for it?"

"What does he want now?" I ask in a voice not happy or even sounding pleased.

"Well the first part is you have to wear a badge like mine here" she shows me the card attached to her top "It will have a picture of your face on it, just like mine does to make it official. Then add this badge can track you everywhere you go here."

I stop her "Its magic?" I touch it and I feel no magic on it.

She giggles "No its human technology. So its safe. Then they want one more thing too. They want your history? My guess is what and who you are?"

"NO!...that can not be done. I have to stay unknown or...something bad might happen?"

"Okay...then the other choice is medical exams...."

I stop her "You mean, have a healer look at me?"

She kind of explains in the process of research and medical exam "AND your going to have to do them anyway..." She looks and feels sad to me...what ever she is holding back is a bad thing "As your not human and all 'mutants' here have to be tracked and information on them kept."

"What...'mutant'....?" I ask not even getting that English word at all.

"Humm other than human...like you, Sara and me" she pulls a card from her pants pocket. Then goes on for some time getting me to understand what she means.

After she is done, she hands me that card to look at. I hate all that she said. I understand keeping an watch on the dangerous people...BUT ALL? NO!

As I look at the card. Its a small card with her face image on it and some writing I have to understand "That is a MID card ID and the MCO makes them for us to use. I have a gift. It gave me a healthy body, my ability to read and say near any languages I see or hear." she then goes on for near an hour telling me the basics. Then stops "I will get more into this later with you, as Twain is looking bored."

I ponder the question at hand "So I am going to stay here like it or not, till I do the medical exams?...unless I break out of here?" She looks at me in shock and nods "Well I guess I will do the exams and get two things in trade for one?"

She asks me "Do you think you can break out of here? As this place is made to keep things in!"

"Break out? Maybe? it can be done, I am out here so far, instead of in that 'hole' in the ground. All they have to do is slip on something's that are 'written' if you know what I mean and I am free. OR I can just wait till they all die of old age and walk out?" I laugh.

"Humm a hundred years to you, would be like a month to me! That is funny and makes sense."

"But I will do the Exams in trade...so they want to note what my limits are basically?...What I'm going to let them see. All exchange that for this gift from him. But I want a written in...time limit on this! 2 years of your time maximum, then we have to agree again on this all over? Then you and me will work on other trades for extras later on?" she nods back to me.

Becky tells Mr. Twain my answers and nods to them all and says a few things. "He agrees to it all including your time limit. He feels its is only fair...as your going to live so long!" Becky laughs at the end.

Becky starts writing from her vast notes, quite the list of rules out for me to write on good parchment via my own hand to make the contract binding. After she is done. We both go over it once more, to make sure nothing is wrong. Then as a failsafe, she asks Mr. Twain to go over it once again.

I then read out the contract and I put on the new contract exactly as written no more no less, the exact rules as Becky told me. Of what I can do and can't do. I also write out Mr. Twains part to this and his bargaining points. I give it back to Becky to check with Twain and he agrees to it an signs it. I get it back and burn my crest on to it.

I nod to Becky "Done?"

"Yes we are done on this. Let me ask him some other Idea's I have for you please?" I nod back.

"Mr. Twain?" Becky asks him "Can we get more clothes for Kyley? as one set so far is not enough!"

Mr. Twain says back "Humm getting her more clothes to be a good idea We can definitely afford more for her on the budget. I will have some of the guys go out and get her some more clothes to wear."

Becky shakes her head to him "Can you send them out to get clothes that are a little bit more 'girly' or feminine? But not too much, as she still definitely has more guy in her than girl obviously?" he nods back to her, his understanding.

Becky comes back over to me "They are going to send out someone to buy you more clothes. So you have more than this to wear." she taps my shirt.

"Do you need money? for them?" I ask.

She looks at me with a questioning glance "You understand the concept of money?"

I laugh "Money..yes..trade....that's a normal thing for any advanced society. Having something in lieu of trading a service for an item is normal."

I reach my hand out into nothing and a hole in space forms around it. I reach into it and pull my storage bag out of its home there.

Mr. Twain more than mad near screams at me, as his eyes near bug out! "WHAT! are you doing there, you never told us you can do that!"

"Tell him to calm down and what did he say? Becky?" She tells me.

As I say this to her, one of the guards runs in with another right beside him, they where both just standing outside the door waiting for us. The first one in sees what I am doing and levels one of their 'boomsticks' at me.

I stand there not moving "Becky tell them its all right...this is just storage. There is nothing to worry about in there, everything's fine. I signed a oath not to hurt anyone...BUT ITS null and void if this 'human' shoots me with that!" I near bark out.

She starts into telling Twain what I just said. I actually hope the guard shoots, as it frees me to leave! So far he does not, but I am now free to defend myself. Just because he has a weapon on me! Regardless if it can actually hurt me.

As I stand there Becky and Twain have some very heated words at one another...very fast!. I just stare at the guard, my eyes do not leave him and I stop blinking. I think my not blinking is unnerving him badly. As he changes his footing nervously and raises his aim from my chest to my face...'please don't shoot that!' I think 'because if you do, it will cost you...your life!'

After several minutes Becky says to me "Twain understands now that you mean no harm. You just startled him and these two guards is all."

"Fine then tell him to lower the weapon...please...as its not healthy."

She talks to Twain Quite fast. After they are done. Twain says something to the guards....but they ask something back?...'they don't obey right away! either they are stupid or Twain is not really in-charge here? hummm'

They finally lower the weapons. I calm down immensely. But I still stare at them, as they are armed and have shown intent to hurt me. I can't let my guard down yet.

"Becky? Ask Mr. Twain this please...is he in-charge here or are these guards of his incompetent? As I heard him give an order and they questioned it. That is a very dangerous thing to have happen in this case."

She does as asked and Twain looks rather upset and starts into getting heated again. Becky calms him down.

"Ahh he said he is in-charge and this will not happen again. As long as you remain non-violent...they will not hurt you."

As Becky says that to me. Twain yells at the two men and they leave.

"So now that is over and done with" I say to Becky.

I reach into my small bag and grab some coins out "Is this fine for money here? I ask. "As I would like to pay my own way in some part."

She takes the dozen or so I give her and looks them over. Twain asks for one and she gives him...just the one! As I see that I laugh at it hard "Things do not change no matter the world...money and females..." Becky gives me the stare of death.

Twain says flatly "It looks like gold?" He calls a person from outside that has some 'thing' he waves over it and that person nods to him as he says something and shows Twain the 'things' face.

"Well Becky its real and near 22k gold. So I guess, she is paying for at least some of her own things for now."

"Kyley how much of this do you have?"

"I will not have enough if I live a long time. Or as I see it, I will have plenty if I die soon. But how about a few dozen for now to start?" I reach into my bag and pull out about ten more. "Is this enough for now?"

"Mmmm ya it is" Becky says as she hands it all to Twain.

"I will trade this in and put it all on her ID card. As a credit, so she can spend it or reimburse someone" he starts to walk out my door "Becky please show her over to the security department desk in the library before the end of the day, for that ID. Kyley I am going now have a good day. I will see you later" I nod not really getting any of what he said...but my name and 'good day'.

Becky closes the door and then sits down on the couch "Kyley please sit and lets talk." I go and sit down on the other end of the couch "I want you to know Twain let it slip by accident, that they do listen to us for sure and in some small part understand us. As he said 'he knew you hated pictures' and we only talked about that yesterday?"

"Humm not good...do you know other long dead languages?"

Becky gets up and goes over to a bag of her's on the floor. To pull out a very large well made book. She sits next to me "I know these real well too. I brought this sample just incase" she opens it and I read on in it. After about ten pages I find one, a very old one.

"This one here...say something please?" I ask while I point at the words on the page.

Becky does and does so more than well enough for me. "We will use that one if you think its old enough?" I say in it.

She nods to me.

"We will only talk in this, when we really need to. But him knowing that I don't like photo's, is small to me. Its not real issue at all. Just me being very cautious is all."

"I have to ask you this, as it made me scared. You said the money is enough if you die soon?"

I stand up and walk the room "Becky I hate lying. I can only think of one time of late when I did so...it was to my two youngest children on my last day." I tear up "Promise me you will never repeat this!"

"I promise by my true name." She says. I feel from her...she is telling me the truth. She will go to her grave with this.

I really start to tear up "I lied to them, that everything was going to be fine and mom was coming soon...She was already dead and the enemy was at the gates of home. Then I took them. AND don't ask what that means!" she nods.

"So with that I am not going to lie to you. I genuinely feel, I will be dead in less than One hundred years. This is because, what killed me and my kind before are here now in some part. Then one of them knows I am here. That will soon lead to all of them knowing and they all will come to get rid of me before. I have a chance to grow my numbers. That is all I will tell you now...ask no more please!"

She nods silently to me. Then leans over and wraps me in hug "You need this, and so do I after hearing that" I whisper into her ear "Thanks... I do."

She then adds, after the hug ends "Well Kyley lets go and get you that card Twain asked for. As he wants it done before the day ends."

"Okay lets go...you lead on."

She leads me out the back door and down that 'one path' I am allowed to use, We walk down to the 'library' and she walks me up to a desk. That has what appears to me is a guard sitting with a rather bored look on his face behind it.

Becky gets his attention (he seems mad at being bothered) and talks to him for some time. He hands her a big flat 'phone' thing or maybe a computer? Then she leads me over to sit at a table. She starts to use it and show me what it is.

"This is a tablet or a pad. Its just a different type of computer and its like my phone."

Then she asks me some simple questions. To fill out small parts off the form on it and of course most are 'none' as I am nowhere near from here and have no family. As she goes, she lets me do this and shows me its workings while doing so.

When we get back to the desk, Becky talks to the guard and hands him the 'pad' He looks it over and they start into talking, as I look around the room at the books there. My curiosity is in full swing, when knowledge is about and it draws me in deep.

"This is not right" the guard angrily tells Becky "You had her put 'none' in all most all the parts for family and last place of residence?"

I hear that tone in his voice to her and it angers me badly, so I walk back to her and stand beside her "He should not talk to you like that! He is a servant! A Squire at best! This mortal is angering me with his foul manners."

Becky put a hand to my chest..."Its fine, he is just misinformed and stupid. Let it go?"

"Fine!" and I walk back to the vast shelves of books to search out more.

Becky turns back to the guard, from calming me "That's right ask Mr. Twain? Its all correct."

"Humm I will have to look this up" He turns to his computer station. Then begins clicking away

He gets to work and after several minutes comes back to her. "Fine I found it. This all matches on the computer and most of this is classified over me, so I have to give one to you anyway."

After they get it all done. She waves me up back to the desk. They have me stand on a painted spot on the floor. Becky says "This" she points "Will flash a bright light at you" she points to a thing on the desk, I nod back and the thing flashes at me.

Becky gets my attention back from that and talks to the guards a bit. Then he hands her a card. She hands it to me "All done, now your official. Just remember they can track you with that. Ohh ya your money is on it too."

"This card is my money now? What is it made of?" I flex it and look at the picture of me.

"This is mostly plastic. Like the computers are and lots of things around these days."

"Humm so all is done and I can move about as I want? Within the rules that I agreed to?"

"Yes, you can...so what's next Kyley?" she beams at me.

"I fly that's what!" I start walking out of the library.

Becky near yells at me "You should tell the guards!"

I stop, turn and walk back to the guards desk at her suggestion "fly...now!" I bark at them both sitting there and walk off. The guard looks more than puzzled at the two words I spoke to him...."Done!" I say to her as I walk by.

"But I don't think he understood you?" she warns me.

"That's too bad for them. Twain agreed to me flying twice a week a half hour to an hour a day and heights up to 1000 feet. He said or had me write my name to that. There was no telling them, when I choose to do so, in the contract!" I near quoted back to her.

"What if the guards don't see it that way?" she cries out, as I leave the building with her right behind me. But she stops at the doors not sure to follow or stay in the building, to talk to the guards more for me.

I turn to her, still standing in the open doors of the building and the look that comes over my face really spooks her bad. All I hiss out is a one WORD! in reply to her question of the guards trying to stop me...."Death!".....My voice says coldly, then she steps back in fear....back into the still open library entrance doors.

"Please don't. This may not be a good idea right now?" she pleads.

"Then go tell them." I wave my hand at her "This is happening right now. I have been patient beyond measure and I am long past waiting for this!" I finally get out past the doors and they close behind me. I take off my top and the underwear 'bra'. With that action my wings finally are free for the first time in weeks! I toss all the now extra clothes onto a bench by the door.

The guard at the desk jumps up, when he sees what I am doing "What is she doing there!"

"Ahh she is going to go fly! of course" Becky says trying real hard to make this sound completely normal.

"Well we where not told this!" the guard barks at her.

"Well Mr. Twain...YOUR! boss signed off on it, she has permission to do this two times a week and on days that she chooses. She can fly for half an hour to an hour and she can fly up too 1000 feet!" Becky is insisting and standing her ground to him.

"Well its not in my log!" the guard says back to her, as he grabs a HUGE gun off the rack and so does his partner. Then they both start walking out from behind the desk to the library main lobby, where Becky stands.

Becky near jumps in-front of them both, to block there path from going out the doors "Guys that is a real bad idea there. You have no idea what she is! I do and that silly gun of yours will not work on her!"

The guard pushes her aside "Want to bet!" he says as he pulls the weapons magazine. Then he takes a new one from his vest pocket, that is now a deep red in color ...like blood. He then slams it home in the weapon and closes its bolt.

"I'll take that bet!" Becky jests at him, while she pulls out one of my gold coins from her pocket "This here is worth well over a Thousand! So any takers?!"

Both men stop and look at each other. The first one says back to her rather meanly "I'll take that bet! Your covered!"

"Ahhh money up front honey! she sings to him. "As I think after you go out there and shoot that at her? Your not coming back to pay me off! EVER!"

The lead guard just stands there....thinking "Done!" and he pulls out his wallet and sure enough, he has over One thousand dollars in it!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Down deep in the command center of Homestake

A technician yelps at Mr. Twain, as he passes by on the way back to his office. "Sir come look at this!"

Twain walks into the main room and sees on the huge wall filling main screen. Is me getting undressed and my wings coming out. The screen then shows the two guards stationed in the Library coming out in a huff, from behind their desk and they are both well armed!

"What is she doing!?" Twain yells out to the massive room.

"Ahh going for a fight is my guess Sir!"

"Ohh crud! I did say 'yes' to this! What are those two doing? Any word from them on radio?" Twains yells, as he points at the two guards on the screen.

"Nope? They have not said a word to us here....Sir?"

"Well get those two morons on the radio and warn them off! As if they shoot her! We are screwed! As we will break a contract with her and she can do anything she wants!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back up on the surface

I just get my large wings all stretched out and flexed after a LONG time of keeping them in. I hop up and float on my wings. I turn while I am hovering in place, at hearing a sound behind me. I see a guard looking very mad, exiting the building. He is walking fast up to me, with one of the bigger 'boomsticks' in his hands.

He yells at me something. All I hear and understand of all the words he just said are 'come' and 'now" and he starts to raise the weapon at me.

As I keep hovering "Fly now!" is all I say back. At that second, his communication thing...squawks something to him. He finishes leveling the weapon at me and I am mad.

I drop down to the ground and walk up to him. I see right behind him, his buddy and Becky arguing but coming up fast to us both.

As I stalk up to him. I grow to full size and my armor forms on me. "YOU! have garnered my wrath mortal!" I bark in Hawk lord...as I snatch the weapon from his grasp and snap it in two. Then my hands, crush both parts and drop them to the ground at his feet. He looks up into my now angry face, well over a foot and half higher than him, to see. The face of DEATH... I now wear staring back at him and...he pisses his pants. Then faints! He falls over smacking his face hard on the 'concrete' at my feet.

I bend over and I laugh! Gods! I laugh so hard at that. As I shrink back down and my armor fades yet again "Ohh what a weakling! I can not believe he fainted!" I burst out.

Becky comes out with the other guard who just leans his weapon against the building. 'smart move child!' I think 'as I am not something to be enraged farther right now'

Becky looks at me and him more than worried "What did you do to him?"

"Look! Becky he fainted!" I point down at him laying there....She looks and sees that is true, then tells his partner.

The partner starts laughing at his fallen buddy, laying face down-prone on the ground.

Then Becky notices something I did not. As at the time I was deep in anger, then the sudden laughing that was infecting us all "HEY?! Kyley your pants! You did not take them off this time and they did not shred to bits! Like the last time you said they did, when you used your armor like that?"

I look down at myself "Humm your right, I just noticed too! Well that's new! Come to think about it. I used to be able to do that a long time ago. Maybe I just now relearned it?" As I look myself over and ponder that, the guard on the ground comes 'to' for the barest of moments. only to see me still standing over him and he faints dead away again...This just adds to and renews our laughing streak as a group.

As we stand there laughing. Twain comes up very fast to us riding on a cart, with many other guards along too "What did you do?!" he screams at me.

The anger coming off him and along with that of the guards he brought with him. Is feeding emotional anger into me and I am having a difficult time shielding it all out. As I have not had near enough practice doing so, in this...my new form. Since I have changed so drastically, what used to be easy to me. I now find is hard and I have to start relearning it all.

Becky sees with that screaming rage coming from Twain. My mood changes instantly, to one of near rage! I start to walk up to him and she blocks my path. "Ahh Mr. Twain he is fine...he fainted!" she giggles out.

Becky has a hand on my shoulder, to stop me. I ask her through my now clenched teeth "Ask Twain, if his guards where acting on his orders or did these get stupid too?...please?"

Becky does as I ask and they both talk for quite sometime. As I stand there calming back down. Becky finally pulls me aside "He says, they where acting alone and did not check in or ask what to do in this case. He is going to have a meeting to clear this all up as soon as he can?"

I am not even close to happy hearing that "Tell Twain...No! more of this again. I am obeying within the rules he set and as a 'guest' of his. His guards can no longer hold weapons on me without a reaction from me. I will not hurt them, but I will take the weapons and break them like I just did! Also...I expect this guard to be punished or sent off!"

I watch her as she says this to him. Then they both talk for a time in some heated tones. Becky once again pulls me aside "He apologizes and will put a real effort into making sure this does not happen again?"

I take to wing and hover "Fine!" then, I fly off. I start into loosening up by flying about fast and doing some simple tricks.

"Humm that looks like fun!" Becky says to Twain, Who nods back in agreement.

I hear that easily and swoop down to her, then come to a hover in front of her "It is...come here you!" I grab her up in my arms, with a squeal coming from her "So lets see if you really like it!" I fly off at high speed...UP!

"EEeekkk you might drop me!" she yelps out.

"Never going to happen, have not dropped anyone one in years! and the ones I did? They almost always lived...mostly?!" I laugh out "Besides I need you! I would smash myself into the ground, saving you!"

I start to fly up even higher "I hope you like heights!" I say to her.

After I get us both up to about 1000 feet. I stop and hover in-place. "Humm nice view!" I say to her.

"YA! it is...God it must be real fun to be able to do this at anytime?"

"It is and some of my kind, actually fly before they walk!" I spin in-place to let her look about "Let me show you some real fun!" I tip us over into a dive and speed way up! She is shrieking like mad!...but laughing too! I pull up at the last second with ease and do a series of rolls between the buildings. To come up to a hover at Twain's feet and drop her off. Becky walks wobbly to a bench there and sits down, all the while laughing with glee at the fun she had.

I land and fold my wings all the way in. Then I walk over and pick up my things off the bench. "Have fun?" I ask her. She nods to me, like a more than happy kid.

Twain walks over to us both. As I put my clothes back on "Well? are we done for today?" he asks.

Becky quickly translates for me...I nod "Yes." As I put on my clothes. I can see and feel his eyes all over me. It does not bother me....but I do feel that 'lust' dripping from him.

Becky sees his eyes and where they are resting on. Her protective streak come on full and mad "Hey Mr. Twain NO FREE SHOWS!" She is on her feet and she starts stalking up to him.

"Becky calm down...please" I say "As he is only human and male! So let him look I don't care...BUT if he touches!" I wag my finger at him.

Becky translates for me and Mr. Twain looks away very embarrassed.

I finish up dressing, to see Becky is still staring down Twain. "Becky lets go back to my house and start talking and going over your notes. On what Twain told you, as we all looked over the house....please?"

We both walk back to the house at a slow pace. As we enter, I choose to sit on the couch and she sits right next to me after she grabs that rather large notebook of her's. She starts reading it over to me. Most of it, is simple stuff...no real issues. Then she gets to a part of her notes, about the TV and the small commuter system on it. When we get there, she gets up and grabs a small book and a small 'thing" that is long, hand held and that has many 'buttons'? on it. She calls it the TV remote. It tells the 'magic mirror' on the wall what to do and what to show me.

We start to go over this 'remote' and she turns on the TV. When it comes on, it is more than loud and startles me. When it does, I jump up out of the chair and think for a bare second of blasting it to bits! I stand there looking at it, my left hand glows white with energy.

Becky is laughing at me, as I stand there. Fully alert and startled. Then she finally notices my hand and the eerie light coming from it "Whoa there its okay! Its just a picture that moves with sound in it!"

I close my hand, thus stopping the flow of energy to it with a thought and walk up to the TV to touch it. 'hummm this is nice'...I turn to her "Show me more!" I say as my face lights up with delight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

As I sit down to have Becky show me more....down deep in the command center.

Twain is standing there looking at the main screen. That is showing me and my living room. All along the sides of the main panel, are 30 more panels showing all parts of my house. Not one part seems not to be covered.

As the light dies off my hand, from my being surprised by the TV "Humm now that's is new!" says Mr. Twain "We surly did not know she could do that!...add that to the testing we are asking her to do."

"Yes sir....all noted and done."

"I have to wonder what else she can do! As she knew on sight, our resident teen GOO!...for who and what she was! Then add our Sara knew this one was near one of her kind...an immortal! I have to wonder do they 'feel' each other or what?"

One of the techs there peeps up "Maybe Sir...its like that old adage...a fisherman knows another fisherman from afar...They both have to follow those old laws I heard about. So they know one another on sight, to balance the scales?"

"Humm? you might be right on that one. We humans will never understand how they think, its just plain and simple beyond us all" he observed.

"Hummm Sir now, she is watching over a dozen feeds on the TV. At the same time! Man how can a brain handle all that!"

"I wonder how much she can take in at the same time!?" Twain asks the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in my house. At the same time

I am sitting there as Becky is showing me more and more of how this TV works. She does something I like! She opens more than one window at a time with sound. I ask, just as she is about to close the 'extra one' "No don't...please add more!"

"More windows, with new channels in them?" she asks.

"Ye...YES! please! I get more this way!" I near shout ..overjoyed at the new things I see.

Becky thinks about what to add, then goes to the channel line up and adds in.
A few news channels, some older movie ones, a few history ones and a bunch of kiddy shows with basic learning on them! Well over a dozen in all and all the sound from them is on at the same time. To her its just a 'buzz'...to me and my mind its not nearly enough! I want more!

"Is this all it can do?" I ask as my eyes never leave the screen.

"Ahh yes this is it. We would need a bigger one for more?"

"Ahh too bad, as I think. I could handle about 10 times this...but this will do!"

"Humm fine...Kyley how about you sit here to watch this and I go get me some dinner and maybe? I will come back later or tomorrow morning?" I just nod, now just fully entranced at the TV and My face is wrapped in its soft glow.

Becky gets up from the couch to walk out "I sure hope it does not rot her brain!" she laughs.

End this chapter
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my newest story in a joint venture with a group of authors, so far this group is made up of Nuuan, then Branek and finally myself. We all got together and after a jumpy start decided to make a group of stories that all take place within the Whateley fanfic universe. This one here is my second one and hopefully its a good one.

With this launch I am trying to go a different route and I will release the story in smaller chapters to make it easier on me to get more out to you all much faster. As the rather large postings of my past got a 'little' too big!

But remember all. I am not leaving Shadowsblade behind! I will start writing her soon!

To have an idea about the main protagonist this story's will develop
around here is a short introduction.

Angels Peril a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Tormented by the past, Angel is struggling between light and dark.

Melvin a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
They say old soldiers never die, Melvin is about to learn that the hard
way.

The Way of the Dragon a Whateley Tale: Written by Branek
Born for eternity but vulnerable like a child, dragons shouldn't leave
their nest.

Every Rose has it Thorns a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Watch what you say around rose, could give you more trouble than you ever
asked for.

Kelly a Whateley Tale: Written by Nuaan
Struggling with fate, Kelly has to deal with love and loss.

Shadowsblade a Whateley Tale: Written by Shadowsblade
Created for war and forged in pain, dealing with deamons within and without.

Vantier a Whateley Tale :Written by Shadowsblade
Ancient and Powerful Vantier awakens in a foreign world, struggling to
find her place in it.

You might ask yourself what is the Whateley Universe? To make it short,
here is a abstract straight out off the wiki.

Whateley is a Prep School for different teens. VERY different ones. Where else could a kid go to a school that has a resident demon living in the furnace? Or meet magic users, mutants of every imaginable kind, get trained in how to handle some rather odd abilities, and worry about
flunking Freshman English? Come visit Whateley Academy, nestled in the
lovely hills of New Hampshire. Just down the road from a town named
Dunwich... (Mythos jokes purely intentional).
This is the Whateley Academy Universe, a shared universe with over a dozen authors and more than a hundred stories (and counting). The stories range in size from vignettes to novels. It's a Mutant High scenario with both a strong transgender theme and a slightly watered down Cthulhu Mythos theme.

This is fan fiction for the Whateley Academy series. It may or may not match the timeline, characters, and continuity, but since it's fan fiction, who cares? To see the canon Whateley Stories, check out Whateley Academy at (http://whateleyacademy.net (link is external))

And a little intro of me

I am an older guy who lives in California. I am doing this project to have fun and do something creative ( AKA the muse in my head finally won the fight!)

But I have to thank, Both Branek and Nuuan for their vast input and the ability they both have to 'bounce' off ideas and improve them!

To all my readers who have e-mailed me and given support--THANKS!

Please feel free, to add a review to this story and others. As those kind words are 'cookies' that keep that muse well fed on the 'sometimes' long breaks between stories!

Or if you want to input more?

Drop a e-mail to me at [email protected]

Copyright © 2016 by Shadowsblade

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced,
distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including
photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods,
without the prior written permission of the Author, except in the case of
brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other
noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law.

up
181 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

very good

very good

I am really liking this story

the careful learning on both sides, the growth of the friendship between the two girls, its wonderful!

DogSig.png

Seems to me that Mr. Twain

Seems to me that Mr. Twain needs to put all his guards on as far away from Kyley as they can and still guard her. She appears to be very honest and forthright in her agreement with Twain, and he needs to reciprocate in kind. Oh, plus that one simple little life fact, she CAN, at any moment rip them all in half just as easily as she did with the rifle gun the one guard attempted to use on her.

Kyley

You're right, it does start out slow. But I get the idea that things are going to pickup pretty soon. Waiting for more.

A couple of observations. I don't recall there being a church/religion of Sara, so I guess that is your addition? And something I noticed, in many places I see "your" when it should be "you're".


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

If you read whateley stories

shadowsblade's picture

If you read whateley stories she has one

"As the Kellith, Sara is the head of the Cult of Kellith, which is a recognized religious organization (even recognized by the Pope)."
it ahs over 100,000 members and growing

http://crystalhall.wikia.com/wiki/Carmilla

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Whateley Wiki

Okay, I don't go back to the wiki very much so obviously I missed that. I was just going by what Sara has said in the stories. Sara has been very dismissive about those that want to worship her.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

I have few questions.

Questions.. yet I know I should go on reading more on other Whateley stories to find out more. One of it is Fey stories, I never come across the part where Aughadhail got killed. I was browsing the Whateleyacademy.net last 2 days but haven't find that part yet. Am I loking at the right place? I have read Fey here on BC but didn't find that part.

While browsing I came across Whisper and got distracted from my goal. LOL
I know the same part whe Aughadhail died was mention in Riddle of Sapho or Kayda 5.
If you can help out here please that will be a great help. I just need to know which story to read.

Anyway I am so into this story of yours: Vantier aka Keyley
Have not start on Nuuan part: Kelly (are there going to any crossover between these two?) ;)
I really have to read about Sara to understand more too.
Up to now, I really enjoy this tale of Vantier and can't wait for what will happen next. Keep it coming ya.. ;)

here is where Aunghadhail

shadowsblade's picture

here is where Aunghadhail dies

Whilst Any Speaks part 4
by E. E. Nalley

and yes as soon as the Kelly story gets to Whateley it will all crossover.

but if you want more to read got to fictionmania.tv as mine and Nuuan's and one other Branek all crossover. read the bottom part of my story for the list.

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

Thanks Shadowsblade.

Thanks Shadowsblade. Really appreciate this.