The Crush : Always first.

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Contests: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 

Diane Bradley was always first.
First for wear a Bra in Junior School.
First to get suspended for wearing too much make-up.
First to get suspended for wearing too high heels to school.
First to get suspended for wearing skirts that were almost indecently short AND stockings.
First to get her Nose Pierced.

For the average boy in school, she was one that they had a crush on. It would never get more than that because she was just Hot, hot ,hot.

She had plenty of dates but word got round that she would never go past first base so it was a real surprise that…

She was first in her year to get pregnant and give birth.

She was also very bright. She got 10 grade ‘A’ or ‘A*’ passes when she took her GCSE’s.

Her family lived in a small pre-World War 1 2-bedroom terraced house at No 2 Charles St. She had four brothers who kept watch on their sister.

It was the night of the Valentines Ball at the Sixth Form College where she racked up yet another first.

The dance was in full swing when she made her entrance. Her tall lithe figure was encased in a shimmering iridescent green sheath of silk. She glided down the stairs and onto the dance floor.

At the bottom, she turned and looked back up the stairs. Her attention was focussed on another person who was standing at the top of the stairs.

She lifted up her arm in a way that said ‘I’m waiting for you’.

The person came slowly down the stairs with just about everyone watching.

As they descended the stairs, the people in the Dance hall began to realise who it was. Despite the person wearing a deep blue full length dress, everyone recognised the person as John Simpson. John’s family lived next door to Diane’s at Number 3 Charles St.

When they reached the bottom of the stairs, Diane took John’s hand and then they kissed in a way that said to everyone, ‘She’s mine forever’.

Another first for Diane.

Many, many hearts of her admirers were broken if not crushed that night by that simple action.

It later transpired that Diane had been sharing John’s bedroom since the youngest of her brothers was born. John’s desire to become a woman had been impossible to hide for long. Instead of rebelling against it, she helped him become the woman he’d always wanted to be and in doing so, they fell in love. John was also the father to their child.

Diane’s next first will be for them to be the first couple to non same sex couple marry in the town with both the bride and groom wearing dresses.

[The End]

up
325 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

An unexpected flow

Very nice and short. Thanks for sharing.

first!

nice story, interesting perspective.

DogSig.png

And they lived happily ever

And they lived happily ever after, or is that another story? Loved this one.

thanks for the nice comment.

thanks for the nice comment. Lived happily ever after? Haven't a clue. I didn't think that far. I wrote this on the train to work this morning.

dreams do come..

..true. With the right person and two people can be happy.

Wolf_0.jpg

I suspect ...

... that there may be an element of truth in this story. The small mining town where I was brought up was full of houses like that in rows with no bathrooms or even electricity (they had gas lights and battery radios). It was always a wonder how, with only 2 bedrooms, they separated the kids once they got older and I suspect they often didn't.

Nicely done, short, sweet and to the point. Thanks

Robi

Robyn, as ever you are very

Robyn, as ever you are very astute

Charles Street could be in dozens of places as you rightly state. The practice of going 'next door' to sleep did happen where there was a big family in one house and a smaller one next door. I remember my Grandfather telling me about it happening it to his family. He was one of 7 boys + 2 girls. 2 bed terrace, outside loo and outside cold tap. The house didn't get water inside until the late 1970's/

As for Diane.... There were a couple of people I knew that when combined fufilled the first four 'Firsts'

Add a little bit of 'writers magic' and you have the story.

Neat !

Samantha , what a great story! And you did it in less than 500 words too.

Karen