Queen Gaby & raising the Resurgam Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version


Queen Gaby & the Resurgam
by Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 2 The School Trip to the Land of Angels.
Wendy. “Your majesty it seems you already know about my cousins and their children?”

Gaby. “The tinys informed me they are better than any modern telephone system. They informed me all about what you once were. Yes I know you changed your name from John to Wendy. If Ariel or her sisters had realised earlier. Then you would not have had to under go the trauma of surgery. Now though you are one with them. I presume you never ever went swimming or took a bath.”

“I only ever took showers. My mum and sisters also never took baths or went swimming. Granny was most emphatic about that. She said we all had an affliction that was triggered by excess water and that we could die.”

Gaby. “Yes you would have become a mermaid.”

“But I was born a boy.”

“Makes no difference. If you had gone swimming you would saved yourself the trauma of the surgery. Now though you are what you were meant to be. The children should be learning about now that they are coming to Yorkshire on an exchange visit.”

In a small village on the banks of the river Rhine not far from the city of Koln lived Sidonie and her twin sister Saphira and they were all excited, as they were going on a six-week exchange visit to a school in the North of England. Unlike their friends though they knew very little about the area where they where going to visit, or whom they would be staying with. They along with their cousins Cindy & Melody lived in a small village on the banks of the Rhine with their mothers Mariva & Marina. Their home on the banks of the Rhine was not too far from the city of Koln. Both girls like their cousins who also where on the trip enjoyed nothing better than swimming in the river Rhine near their home as much as they could. Their mother Mariva always made them put on a special all in one wet suit when they went in the river. This was because of their special abilities in water and their mother did not want them being recognised for what they actually are.

All four girls looked very similar to each other having long blond hair down to their waist and blue eyes. They where often mistaken for each other. Sidonie & Saphira did not know until the very last minute if they would be able to go on the holiday as their Mother Mariva was struggling to find the money to send both of them on the trip to Yorkshire. Their aunt Marina had stepped in with the required amount of money so all the girls could be together on the trip. Now though the girls where finally going with cousins and friends on the tour and so gave Mariva their mother one last kiss before they left on the coach bound for the port of Zeebruger.

“Mum we will ring you when we get to the port.” Their aunt Marina had noticed the name of the Coach Company that was taking the children. She then looked over at the driver and smiled. The driver signalled to both mothers using hand signals.

Mariva spoke, “Sister you also noticed the driver. At least we can be assured the girls are going to be well looked after. For when a Princess of the Sea is their coach driver we know they are in safe hands. We also had better go home and put both our houses in order for our cousin/sister to be here means others also know we are here, and could visit at any time. The girls do not realise it yet, but this could be the last they see of the Rhine for a very long time.”

“Yes Mariva it was the name of the coach company that made me take a second look at the driver. The children they have each other and their teacher Karen Friberg along with the driver to look after them. Golden Empress Coaches can only mean one thing. The world of the Fay as we know it is changing or has already changed. Likewise I doubt that Lord Neptune would allow his daughter to drive a coach like that unless he deemed it appropriate.”

Sidonie and her sister managed to get a seat in front of their cousins near the front of the coach. They chatted about their expectations and hopes. Miss Fryeburg their teacher came and spoke to the girls. “As it was a last minute decision that you both could go. We had a little trouble placing you, but the lady your cousins are staying with has agreed you can stop with her as she has plenty of room in her home.”

Sidonie's eyes lit up. “Miss Fryeburg you mean all four of us are stopping in the ancient castle of Skipton now?”

Kurt one of the boys from the same village as the girls shouted across the coach “In that case we will have to start calling you four all Princess Sidonie, Saphira, Melody and Cindy as only Princesses live in castles.”

This remark caused a bit of laughter among the remainder of the children and then Miss Fryeburg smiled. “Kurt you appear to remember enough history to remember Princesses live in castles. Perhaps you should be one of their knights.”

Saphira got in on the game. “Miss we do not mind being called Princesses by Kurt. Should we not have Knights and soldiers to protect us? Perhaps Kurt could be Sir Kurt champion of the four Princess of the Rhine?”

Melody got in on the act. “Kurt come here and kneel in front of us so we may Knight you.” Kurt nervously did as he was instructed and knelt on the floor of the coach although he felt silly doing it.

All four girls placed their hands on a plastic ruler and spoke, “Kurt we four Princesses of the Rhine dub you Sir Kurt forever our champion and defender. In future if we need help you will be the first to come to our aid. Arise now Sir Kurt of the Rhine.” Kurt felt what appeared to be an electric charge run through his body. Kurt went back to his seat. For the remainder of the coach journey Kurt was very quiet.

Miss Fryeburg spoke with the girls. “That girls has certainly quietened Kurt down rather a lot.”

On the motorway they stopped for a refreshment break. They went into the toilets and came out giggling. Sidonie said, “That is the first time I have been in a fully automated bathroom. You did not even have to touch the taps just wave your hands under them.”

Kurt approached all four girls. “Princesses Do you mind if I sit with you? I wish to apologise for teasing you all earlier on the coach.”

Cindy looked at him and then spoke, “Kurt if you truly want to apologise you must kiss all four of us and then we will be your friend.”

Miss Fryeburg came across. “Kurt did I just see you kiss all four of these girls?

“Mum I cannot help myself. I want to be with them all the time. Even in the coach when I was being silly I heard voices that spoke to me and instructed me what to do.” Kurt burst into tears.

“Kurt I should have trained you better. You have no defences against them. For they are the daughters of the Rhine. Even I find it difficult to remain impartial. But I have to for the sake of the other children that I have to consider and look after.”

Cindy took Kurt’s hand and spoke. “Kurt when we get back on the coach you will move to be by us. You sealed your fate with that kiss. From now on you will be our friend and companion. Miss Fryeburg do not worry over your son Kurt, as we will look after him. He after all is one with us now. Did we not make him our champion back there”?

Back on the coach Miss Fryeburg moved some of the children so Kurt could be with the four girls. There was more banter from the other children on the coach as it set off once again for Zeebruger. Eventually all quietened down. Kurt was in deep thought and then said, “Those kisses they where no joke. I kissed all four of you.” Melody and Sidonie’s hand crossed the aisle to hold Kurt’s.

“Kurt with that kiss you became our friend forever. At school we noticed you glancing our way we have waited long enough for you to approach us. Now you can be honest with us and yourself.” Before the chat got any further they realised they where pulling in again. This time the coach pulled into the town square at Valkenberg that was just over the boarder from Germany in the Netherlands.

Linzi the driver spoke, “Children please do not get out of your seats as we have to collect some additional children for this tour. I am going to load their bags and check their names off the list, and then we are continuing on to Zeebruger for the ship to England.”

The children got on the coach and where greeted with “Morgan” from those already on the coach.

A lady also got on the coach carrying a child wrapped in a blanket. She looked around for a seat and all the double seats had gone. Sidonie spoke to the woman. “Just put her in the window seat by me and we will look after her.” The woman did as told and then went to sit by Miss Fryeburg.

One by one the five children introduced themselves. The child spoke, “I am not actually with the school trip, but mum managed to get us on the coach via a friend from the school. My name is Conrad, but as you can see each day goes on I become more like a Constance than a Conrad. Regardless of that for a month now I have lost the use of both of my legs. My doctor suggested to mum we go and see this special doctor in the North of England, so that is what we are doing.” The children all introduced themselves and placed their hands on Conrad.

Sidonie. “Well Conrad we will look after you and be your friends.”

About 2 hours after setting off from their home they along with the rest of the group had arrived at the port of Zeebruger. There they had to wait for their turn to go on the ferry to Dover. They had to wait their turn in quite a long queue then the coach drove on to the ship. Once on board the ship the crew fastened metal chains to the coach to secure it. While at the docks the girls had managed to telephone home, and say they had got on the ferry, and the ship would sail in about 30 minutes. Like their friends they explored the ship and visited the shop. There they bought some sweets and soft drinks for their journey. They all knew they had to watch what they bought as their money had to last them six weeks.

The cousins decided to try and rest a little as they had been up very early in the morning to get their coach. So they settled down in a reclining seat each. A while later Kurt approached them and spoke. “I have a secret I wish to share with you and your cousins. Mum has booked a cabin so we can talk in private. She also wants to talk to all four of you about your abilities.”

The four girls followed Kurt to a cabin. Miss Fryeburg appeared to have changed appearance and had a silver glow about her.

“Ah good Kurt you found them all. Well girls it is time for some straight talking. Kurt you also may sit down and, take your stud out of your ear. Girls I am one of your mother’s oldest and dearest friend, they both call me Karen. I have to watch over you all on this tour along with our driver Linzi who also has the same abilities you have. I know of your special needs, and that is why I told Kurt to take the stud out that he is still apprehensive about doing.” Sidonie and the others smiled and took their bracelets off.

Kurt finally took the stud out and he shimmered and changed to the same silver glow as his mother. “When I am this shape I am called Kirsty. Please do not laugh at me or call me a fairy, although that is what I am just like mum.”

Cindy. “Well Kirsty you had better kiss us like your brother did previously. On the coach.”

Kirsty looked at her mother for guidance. “Look Kirsty you can see we are all Rhine maidens. Like you we have to hide our secret from normal humans. Your mother trusts us to show us you’re other self. We now have two new friends Kurt & Kirsty. Now will you carry out my previous instruction?”

“The voices are back in my head and are all telling me the same thing. So I suppose I better do as they instructed. They also say tell the girls to look out for an O’Connor.” With that Kirsty kissed the four girls.”

Saphira smiled and said nearly finished, “Now all we need is Karen to do the same. You should not mind if you are truly a friend of our mothers.”

“Girls I was there when you where born so I have nothing to fear from any of you. Kirsty will remain with you through out the trip. She will be staying near you at the gatehouse of the castle.”

Sidonie. “We all should kiss Constance and her mother. I know what the problem is with Constance. One look at her hands told me she has a similar problem to us. I also noticed she appeared to be getting a growth behind her ears that look like gills.”

Kurt was sent to find Constance and her mother. After a search of the ship a short while later he returned with them. He also had Linzi with him as well. “Mum I brought an extra one as well.” Miss Fryeburg curtsied when Linzi entered the cabin.

Constance was crying. “I am not normal like you all. I do not know how it happened. The doctors knew when I was born I was both boy and girl and the doctors told mum my body would decide which way it wanted to go as I reached my teens. Now I also have become part fish.”
Linzi quizzed Constance about if she had recently kissed anybody? Constance looked blank and then the mother spoke, “About a month ago Conrad he fell in to the Rhone and was brought out of the Rhone by a lady diver. She had to resuscitate him and gave him the kiss of life.”

Sidonie looked behind Constance’s ears and said, “I hope we can squeeze you in at the castle as you should be staying with us. You do realise you are turning into a Rhine maiden or fresh water Mermaid? If you as the mother of Conrad have also kissed the Conrad then you also are likely to transform to a Rhine maiden. Girls you had better kiss your new companion. As each girl kissed Constance she felt a mild electric shock.

“Mum my hands are back to normal & I can move my legs again.” The mother hugged all the girls in the cabin.

Linzi spoke, “Sidonie you are correct we can not have these two going hugging and kissing all and sundry. They both are going to need coaching on what they can do or what they should do. Also now there is no reason for them to see Dr Helen in Leeds.”

The mother. “It was going to be a one way trip to Yorkshire for us as we sold everything back home. I was hoping to get a job once we found somewhere to live. I though am puzzled how you knew the name of Doctor Helen as neither of us mentioned the doctor’s name to you.”

As they where speaking the face of Constance went bright red. “Mum I think I have just had an accident.” The others left the cabin to give Constance some privacy while she attended to herself.

A short while later the mother popped her head out of the cabin and asked, “Would the girls would do her a favour and go to the shop for certain items. Meanwhile Constance would be taking a shower.”

The girls soon found the items on the list, and bought them. Then they noticed that Linzi was buying clothing suitable for a teenage girl. Then they all returned to the cabin. As they got near they heard screaming and then this was followed by sobbing. Linzi immediately went to the shower and turned the water off.

Constance spoke, “It looks like my body has finally decided what it is. First my manhood just dropped off and then my legs vanished and I developed a tail like a fish. Now it has gone again.”

Linzi. “Sorry Constance I should have warned you that can happen if you are in the shower for too long. The girls have got you what your mother asked for. I also have brought you some other items you will need in future. Your boy items are now no good so I went and got you a basic kit.”

The mother. “Actually Linzi I disposed of his trousers and was wrapping blankets round her legs as she could not move them. Judging on how she has changed in the shower she is going to require some decent underwear and skirts.”

Constance looked at the bra Linzi had bought and then said, “Mum how does this fasten?”

Sidonie took off her top off and also her bra. “Right Constance just do the same as what I do.”

Constance watched Sidonie and did the same. “That was easier than I thought it would be. I will put the aqua top on. Wow it makes me look massive at the top end. Why did Miss Fryeburg curtsy when she noticed Linzi the coach driver?”

Linzi replied, “Previously Karen, she had not noticed me, as she was far too preoccupied with the children. Having me directly in front of her though was different and she responded automatically as she would to any of my sisters or nieces unless they where inhibited as these are. I can see your mind is working overtime Constance. You are wondering what has happened to you and why? Well your allotted lifespan has just increased dramatically. You have t o be very careful associating with males, as one kiss from you will create another mermaid. That is why we all live in an all female environment. As for your change that was accidental. The person who rescued you saved your life and gave you part of her life. You where very lucky she was their to save your life when you fell in the Rhone. Only a daughter of Neptune could save you from the intense cold of that river. When she gave you the kiss of life she actually thought you where female and, would not be adversely affected by her. Girls tend to become a little more feminine if they kiss one of us. My sister now realises though she has to take full responsibility for both of your changes.”

Miss Fryeburg. “I take it Princess that Kirsty and I will not be returning to our home in Germany either.”

Linzi looked at them all, “Actually you will have to accompany some of the children back home, but then you will be returning with me the fast way. As for your home that has already been emptied of all your goods. Kirsty you will find a complete new feminine wardrobe as befits a daughter of the air. Constance and Kirsty I have new documents for you both and your mothers.” Both girls read the documents and they both looked puzzled.

Kirsty. “This calls me Kirsty von Oberon.”

The mother exclaimed ! “What let me see?”

Kirsty handed her the new travel document. “Oh my god who typed this out. It is a long time since I was called that. I take it father knows I am here with my daughter? Oh my god what will he think of me? A husbandless mother.”

Meanwhile Constance looked at her document. “My name has been changed to Constance Von Vater.”

Saphira & Sidonie had a fit of giggles while Cindy said, “Oh just like ours. We better call your mom Aunty from now on and you cousin. Linzi can we also call you aunt Linzi please?”

Constance’s mother looked at her documentation. “At least I am still called Rachel. Will I also develop a tail and fins like Constance did in the shower?”

Linzi spoke, “Aunt is quite acceptable from the children while sister would be more fitting from the adults with the exception of Kirsty and mother and cousin would be appropriate in that case. As for you Karen your father Oberon has already found you an eternal partner as you will soon find out.”

Rachel spoke, “Linzi somebody is speaking to me and saying, “Greetings Rachel I must apologise for not coming in person to greet you. I am otherwise occupied by three Mer sisters who need my attention. Sephrena apologises for your changes and says to tell you she takes full responsibility for them. Personally I feel it would be better if you, Constance and Kirsty relax and become as sisters rather than mother and daughter. You both have much to and learn about being Mer or Fay. Sephrena did not realise it but that day she was at the Rhone at my request. She was also in a quandary what to do. She knew what could happen. Sephrena could sense the distress of the mother and decided to do the correct thing. Not doing the correct thing would have meant certain death for Constance. Now I wish to greet all my daughters. Be they Fay or mer. You are all now bound together. Linzi you must place bracelets on those who have not got one. I look forward to seeing you all soon.”

Two hours later the Captain announced over the Tanoy system that the ship would soon be arriving at Dover and so would all coach passengers make their way back to their coaches on the lower deck. Both girls took photos of the White cliffs to show their mother once they got home. They did this before they went to the hold to join the coach party.

Saphira. “Who would have believed that about Kurt turning into Kirsty? At least we know we can trust Kurt and Karen I wonder if we will find anymore Fay on our trip?”

“What about Aunt Sephrena? Rachel & Constance both are changing to be her daughters.”

Thy watched the crew work as the bow opened of the ship and cars drove off first. They got stopped at the customs post and a man came on board the coach. He inspected their travel documents and then waved them on and said, “I hope you have a good holiday.”

One of the first things they noticed was that the English drove on the opposite side of the road to what they did back home. Soon they where driving up the Motorway towards London. Their first stop was to be in London where they would all visit the Tower of London, and then they would have their lunch at a hotel.

In the Tower of London the children saw the crown Jewels and the Yeoman guard. They had a tour guide take them round the tower and told the guard told them the legend of the ravens. How if the Ravens ever leave the tower the crown of England will fall. While in the tower Kirsty stayed with the four girls. Kirsty was rather preoccupied looking around and soon got separated from the others.

In the White tower a raven appeared and spoke to Kirsty. The raven said, “Can you also sense the departed your friends certainly can. Take no notice of the story as there is no chance of us ever leaving here. As we are too well fed by the Yeoman guard and they look after us well as they do not dare risk the prophecy. The four Princesses of the Rhine do not realise yet they can converse with me and the other birds. You though have done it often in your other form. We are the Queens’s eyes and ears.”

“Raven I wish we actually had longer here rather than just the morning but, we have another 200 miles to travel before arriving at our destination in Yorkshire.”

Sidonie found Kirsty. “Did you see all those weapons and suits of armour Kirsty? “Some of them must have been very tiny to get in to those suits of armour. Your mum told me to find you, and say make your way to the exit as the coach is waiting.”

Shortly after the talk with the Raven they had to go back and board the coach. They where all clutching souvenirs they had bought at the tower along with the guides they had been given. Now they where going across London to an hotel run by the society of friends who had agreed to put the meal on for them.

The girls took many pictures of the Tower Bridge and the Millennium wheel. They drove past many other famous buildings unfortunately there was not time in their schedule to stop and look at them.

Miss Fryeburg . “Children on our return we will have a bit longer so we will be able to look at some of them.” All too soon the coach arrived at its destination The Friends hotel. They all got off and headed straight away for the nearest toilet. After doing what was needed and washing their hands they then found the restaurant and where led to their respective tables.

A man in a penguin suit spoke, “Welcome to the Friends hotel. We hope you enjoy your lunch with us.” With that waiters brought out the food for the party. Kirsty stared at the meal placed in front of her as if an alien had been placed in front of her.
Miss Fryeburg called the waiter over and said, “There has been a misunderstanding all on this table are vegetarians.”

The waiter. “Sorry Madame we did not realise it was this table.” The offending plate was quickly removed and another brought.

Kirsty smiled. “Thank you.” All too soon the lunch was over they just had time to look in the gardens and take more photographs before they where off once again on their journey.

The girls made use of the break to once again telephone home and informed their mother they had a good crossing and that they had been to the Tower of London. They also mentioned they had become friends with Kirsty and her mum Karen. Mariva smiled at this news. Then she turned to her sister Marina. “Thanks for the help with their money. I could not have afforded for both to go on the trip otherwise.”

“Did you tell the girls not to take their bracelets off while away?”

“Marina, I did and I also told them to watch out for halos. You know as well as I the girls are going to their ancestral home land, so there is a possibility they might meet some of our kin whilst there and I know Karen will watch over then.”

Meanwhile the coach was had rejoined the motorway and was been driven towards their final destination. The children where enthralled as the landscape changed to the rolling dales of Derbyshire. All too soon they where having refreshment break and this time pulled into Woolyedge service station near Sheffield. There the children had another refreshment and toilet break. In the shop they looked at a map of Yorkshire

Cindy. “It looks like we have still around 60 miles to travel.”

In the service stations shop they spotted a very tiny man with red hair. “Look Sidonie he has a green Halo. That means he is a leprechaun.” Both girls approached the little man and spoke. “Hello we are Sidonie & Saphira our mother Mariva told us we could trust the likes of you.”

He stared hard at them and then said, “Princesses of the Rhine I would have missed you both had you not spoken to me. I am O’Connor and I need to get back to my ‘mistress. Would you be so kind as to give me a lift?”

Sidonie heard a voice in her head. “ Tell O’Connor you will help him if he changes himself to a doll.” Sidonie obeyed the voice and O’Connor did as instructed.

Both girls took turns carrying the doll. Back on the coach the doll attracted many oohs and arrr’s from the other girls. Several of the girls wanted one also.

All too soon the coach was leaving the M1 and joined the M62 and then the M606 heading for Bradford. After coming off the M606 they joined the A650 the children noticed a sign little Germany as they drove through Bradford. Their teacher explained at one time there was a high concentration of German peoples living and working in this area of Bradford. Soon the scenery and smells changed again as the coach passed the Mosque and curry houses on Maningham lane. Then they where back on too dual carriageway again of the A650. 30 minutes later the coach was pulling up outside the school.

The teacher read the children’s names out and they where collected by an adult and taken to their host’s home. Soon only Saphira, Sidonie and their cousins Melody & Cindy where left on board the coach along with Kurt and Miss Fryeburg. A mini coach drew up and a young woman got out. Sidonie immediately ran across and threw herself at Lindi. “You are fishy just like us are you Linzi’s sister.”

Lindi. “Sorry about the delay in collecting you. There was an accident on the A629 that delayed me. Now who is who? Lindi noticed the doll Cindy was holding

Sidonie smiled. “I just knew we where correct because you have a halo just like us. I can prove it if you wish. I only have to take this off and you will see.”

Lindi. “You already showed me what you are. While at home you may remove the bracelets but when out it would be better if you kept it on. Now to the runaway the mistress wondered where you had got. Always chasing after the girls. Girls this supposed doll is a Royal Leprechaun.”

This got O’Connor’s attention and he spoke. “No I am not a Royal leprechaun daughter of Neptune.”

Lindi. “Oh yes you are do you not remember stopping a girl from going in the gents toilet on the A1 a little while ago? You called her mistress and promised you would be always there for her.”

“Oh I fled because I noticed there was somebody I would rather avoid. Luckily she did not see me. I though have to find that girl and keep my promise to her.”

“Well in that case it is lucky you met these Mer children and you appear to be the third Leprechaun the mistress has chosen as her own. No doubt her two companions will also be pleased to see you, as will Lady Justine who I understand has also been searching for you.”

The colour went from his face. And he fainted. He came round and Melody spoke,”I take it you have a problem with Lady Justine?”

“I am no head banger like Lord Draconaris I had to run while she slept. I did not want to be eaten by her. He can have Lady Justine. I do not intend ever becoming her prey. Did you just say I would be the Third leprechaun? The little mistress I did not notice her halo. Is she perhaps a young queen? Maybe she can keep me safe from Lady Justine?”

Lindi laughed. “Actually O’Connor I am in need of your services now. As for Justine I doubt that she ever wanted to kill you as she never kills her babies. Girls you are about to learn O’Connor’s secret. He can only survive on milk.” He fled from his mummy Justine. When all Justine wanted was to be his mother and love him. O'Connor gave a shudder and cried. Now though he cannot flee as he bound himself to a Golden Queen by aaccepting help from her.”

Sidonie. “Look he has changed to a baby!”

“Baby he will stay until he learns not to run away from his mummy.” The Baby was passed around the coach. “Now girls when we get to our destination you are to telephone home, and say Mother the Empress orders the return home of all the Rhine maidens and their companions.”

Melody. “Lindi we can do that now if you wish as I have a mobile phone to call home.”
Lindi. “In that case please put it on speaker mode as it is the first time I have spoken with a Senior Rhine Maiden.”

Both mothers where still together when the telephone rang. Marina answered it.

“Mum, Mum you never guess what the ladies got. We are staying with. She has an aqua halo with a golden tinge. She also says we have to give you and aunt a message. The message is the Empress orders the return home of all the Rhine Maidens and their followers. Mum, Mum aunt has to be told the same message.”

Mariva. “Girls switch the telephone to video mode so we can confirm message.”

“Greetings Princess your instructions are fully understood. Neither of us expected the girls to be staying with a Princess of the Sea. Although we noticed the coach driver appeared to be a daughter of Neptune. We though told the girls to look for Halos because of where they where going. Your halo tells us you are tied to a great Queen.”

Sidonie noticed her mother was crying. “Mum we are all fine and Lindi will look after us.”

Marina. “It is the shock of seeing a daughter of Neptune after so long that has made your mother cry.”

Lindi. “The Empress Gabriel has sent a removal team along with the youngest daughters of her aunt the Lion Queen. They are called Astrid & Cleo and will come to collect you. They should be with you soon. As for the coach driver your daughters will see much more of my twin Linzi.”

There was a knock at the door and Mariva opened it. “Oh, Oh Marina we have guests already.”

Lindi. “I presume they have just arrived. Astrid remember you also have to bring Sephrena and her attendant’s home as well as these two.”

“Oh, Oh, Oh, you know we have a sister Sephrena. We had a slight disagreement with her and have not spoken to her for quite a while. She lives in Nymegan which is about 30 minutes away from here.”

Justine. “Saskia will you take charge here and collect all that is needed. Make sure no Fay are left here as our Gaby has decreed they all have to return with us. Marina & Mariva are going to drive us to see their sister Sephrena. Once we are there your assistance will be required again. Mariva please give the keys to your house to Saskia so that she can ensure that your home is emptied completely after this has been done.”

Saskia looked at them and said, “Hurry up you two, the way you are staring I take it you have never seen a Royal Hobbit before.”

“Sorry it was not that as we have seen your kind before. It is that we have never seen so many before. Do you all have a named mistress? We fell out with Sephrena over a hobbit as you call yourself. We all found an injured Hobbit and took turns nursing it back to health. We said it was a free spirit but Sephrena said it was hers.”

Gabriel. “In that case all three of you have equal share in the hobbit as Rhine maidens. By any chance did any of you feed the hobbit?”

Mariva. “Both of us managed to feed the hobbit a little but Sephrena did not have children like us so could not. That is why we let her keep the hobbit although we felt it should be allowed to go free. I better ring Sephrena and let her know we are coming to visit with guests.”

Ring, Ring, Ring, “Hello.”

“Sephrena it’s me Mariva, we are coming across to see you. You sound as if you have been crying Is everything ok?”

“No she has gone. I found a note to say she was going to visit her mums and sisters and did not know when she would be back. I should have listened to you both in the first place. I liked having her here and thought she liked being with me.”

Astrid appeared to be playing with an object. “We need to go now, but do not take the Autobahn use the country road.”

Justine. “Have you a fix on her yet?”

“Yes we have got her, she is sleeping by a hollowed out tree. You know she has made good progress for one so small.”

Mariva got out of the car and went over and picked the sleeping form up. As she did so another being appeared and said “Rhine maiden can you give us a lift? We found her and stayed with her. She told us she is looking for her four sisters.”

Astrid came across and spoke. “You heard the summons and obeyed so you will not get in trouble for looking after a hobbit you found on your travels. Now let me aid you in your quest by opening the doorway for you and then all of you can go directly to her majesty. I will inspect you all when I return.”

Mariva. “You can open portals? But you are only a child?”

Justine. “All of the companions can do that. We have a direct link to her majesty.”

Mariva looked at her sister and then spoke. “Astrid you are more than a Princess. No normal Princess can open portals. We are Rhine maidens and certainly cannot do that.”

Cleo looked at the sleeping form. “Take the hobbit with you and place her in bed with her sisters Sidonie & Saphira. If anybody questions you say it is the instructions of Gaby. Now be gone.”

Mariva and Marina both curtsied. “Sorry your majesty we should have realised earlier.”

“Both of you relax as we both suppressed our halos. Now though you should see us as we truly are, cousins of the Golden Empress.”

Back in England the four girls where getting settled in to their room at the castle. Saskia appeared, “I have to take you to the dinning room as we have somebody who has been looking for her sisters.”

The sleeping girl awoke. She was in a strange place; She looked around and then noticed the Fay she had talked to previously. “Where are we? I was supposed to be looking for my sisters. Did you bring me here?”

“I myself do not know where we are. All I do know is I was ordered to bring you here. This place is strange to me I was told to keep you safe or your mothers would not be happy. They both kissed you before they sent me through the portal. They had dragons with them so could not take you. I was supposed to place you in bed with Sidonie & Saphira and I was to keep Cindy & Melody company, but I was instructed to wait here by the one who looks like you. I myself have just realised where we will be. We are in the heart of a Golden nest. My nose is telling me that and there are many like you here.”

Saskia came in and looked at the Hobbit. “So you are the one who has claimed three Rhine Maidens as your mother. It looks like you will be a permanent fixture here like I am. Now I believe you know these four.”

“I tried to find you, I really did. I was sad when my mums argued about me. I missed seeing you all and I needed a dose of my mums and my sisters.”

All four girls hugged Crystal and then they turned and hugged Opal. Sidonie. “Thank you for returning our sister Crystal to us we have missed her. Now though she will never leave us again. You are obviously Fay but now you are also our sister. Aunt Sephrena now has two daughters just like our mums. Please do not argue as we all know all there is to know about you.”

Opal, “I saw Crystal touched her and there was like an electric spark between us. She talked and told me her hopes. I told her I had to get to the land of Angels. She smiled and said my big sisters are going there and I have to find them. I promised we would search for you together. Long ago I became separated from my family and Crystal was the first of any Fay I had meet for a long time. I would not object if the Rhine maidens wished to call me their daughter.”

Rachel & Constance entered the room and the girls ran across to them. Rachel said, “It appears the words spoken meant I have much to learn and apparently the two of us have become teenage Rhine maidens. Opal and Crystal apparently you two now have six sisters to look after.”
The Search for the old Valkeries in Ulm.

Back in Germany Mariva & Marina had eventually arrived at their sister’s house. They could here her crying from outside. They knocked on the door and entered the house. Mariva. “Sephrena we found your baby. She was been looked after by a young Fay. They have both been sent to be with their sisters in England.”

Sephrena looked up and then spotted Gabriel & Justine. She ran over and cuddled Cleo. “So you two sisters of mine bring a cat Queen to visit me. I would recognise her anywhere. Child you look just like your mother Isolde. Is she fine and where is Isolde the Cat Queen?

Sephrena then looked hard at Gabriel. She curtsied and then said, “Mariva & Marina we are in much esteemed company. I mistakenly thought both of these where children, but they are not children. Your Majesties as the Senior Rhine maiden I greet you on behalf of our families. Isolde I for one am pleased you are restored to us. I would follow you to the ends of the earth. Alas we cannot leave just yet, as there are others we must collect. We all must travel to the city of Ulm, there in the Cathedral we must pay our respects to our resting family.”

Several pixies appeared before the group and spoke, “Mistress is it true we also have to move away? Do you want us all?”

Gabriel. “I will change to my full size so you can address me correctly. My daughters are all ready looking after the six daughters of Mariva, Marina and Sephrena. All Fay are returning from far and wide to their ancient homeland. From the tallest giants to the smallest pixies slowly but surly they are returning. I already have allocated homes for you all. So yes my instruction says all Fay be they large or small.”

Mariva. “Your Majesty, my daughter Sidonie was excited when she telephoned because she was staying with a daughter of Neptune. Is Lindi one of your companions?”

“Yes Lindi along with her twin Linzi are some of my Mer companions. By now my daughters should have sorted yours out.”

“Sephrena you where also correct over the Cat Queen, as she is also a companion of mine. Our daughters are united as one, as are we.”

This brought a smile to Sephrena’s face. “So the Cat Queen is no longer banned from the Fay realm. I take it there has been a major reshuffle as to who is in charge?

Sephrena’s face lit up even more when Cleo transformed into the Cat Queen. “As Empress Gabriel told you we are now one.”
Sephrena burst out in a fit of giggles and said, “Please can you both revert to the girl form. This will be the best jest yet on mother & her companions. Let us see how long it takes them to realise who you are”

With that the two of them reverted to the child form. Gabriel though picked the pixie up and said, “You will be coming with us. I have a pixie size job for you to do.”

Gaby pointed her finger and a portal appeared. All of them walked through the portal and found themselves outside the great cathedral of Ulm. They walked into the cathedral and Sephrena showed them the passage to the crypt. Then she produced a key and opened a door. They let the air circulate, as it was rather stale. They then entered a room and all around they could see inscriptions to the departed.

Sephrena spoke, “Mother, Aunt and family we have come to tell you we the Rhine maidens are moving away. A new queen has arisen and is recalling all the Rhine maidens to our ancient homeland. No longer will we swim the Rhine. No longer can I come here and tell you the latest news for I will be far away in the Haunted Isles.”

Gabriel freed one of the stones and placed the pixies in the crypt. “Take the chicks and do your duty.”

A few seconds later a great roar emulated from the great cavern. A few seconds later Brunhilda came out roaring like a demented banshee. “What is the meaning of putting imps and chickens in our crypt? Why do you disturb our sleep?”

Sephrena was terrified of Brunhilda but Mariva & Marina both burst out in giggles. Brunhilda looked at them and said, “Am I a clown or some thing? “I will have you two ungrateful wenches know I may be known as Rhine to you three, but I also was known as Brunhilda of the Valkeries. Great warriors trembled when they saw me. Many are the time I have ridden with my sisters and the hellhounds to do Odin’s bidding. There was nobody more terrifying in battle than me.”

The apparent small girls started to clap Brunhilda. For a second Brunhilda looked puzzled and then she spoke. “It appears my rest and relaxation time is over. You appear to be a child, and yet you wear the shield of Thor. Even I Brunhilda the Valkerie must bow before you. I take it my brothers all know you are here? Rombald certainly must for he had charge of that and so must Draconaris for you to wear it like that.”

Gaby. “Rhine Once a Valkerie always a Valkerie, Now though you are one of my Valkeries rather than Thor’s. For I now lead the Golden Valkeries.”

Brunhilda sniffed the air, “Are those crackpot brother and sister of mine close by as I can smell them both on you?”

“Would you mean Draconaris and my companion Justine?

Brunhilda roared with laughter and then said, “It looks like I could do with going on a diet if I am to ride with the new queen or is it Empress? So have you already claimed my daughters like you have my sisters?

Mariva. “Mother really.”

“I have many companions from my Tiny sisters to all the daughters of Neptune. Brunhilda allow me to introduce some of the children to you. They are as you can see my eagle companion’s offspring. My tallest companion’s though await my return as does Lord Rombald”

Brunhilda looked at the chicks and then spoke, “So dragon and eagle flights are once again united as they should be.” Brunhilda picked a chick up and it whispered something to her. Brunhilda started to laugh. “She has asked if she can play with my chicks when they hatch. She also says I will make a great trampoline for the chicks to jump up and down on. I have told her I will not mind that at all.”

As she was speaking other forms came tumbling out of the crypt. “Brunhilda do you have to make so much noise? We where having a little nap. Oh god!” Freya was the one who spoke and she immediately curtsied. “Mistress, Freya and the remainder of the old Valkerie guard reporting for duty”.

Brunhilda was still laughing at her sister. Then Freya spotted the chick and picked it up. Then Freya looked again at the group of women. “Oh I am slipping up. I spotted the cat queen but not her companion. I should have recognised the shield of Thor. We have gone into battle many times behind it. I though have never seen it worn as it is now though. I see we also have the representatives of the Lorelie.”
Mariva spoke, “Greetings Aunt Freya. All Rhine maidens are being recalled to our ancient homeland. Our daughters have already gone ahead with the daughters of Neptune and Oberon. We come today to collect you all.”

“Yes the chick told me all I need to know. She asked me if I would like to ride with her sisters on the devil dogs when they go on a training practise. That means we have a new Valkerie team. Something though does not appear correct with the chick. She actually reminds me of my baby sister Justine.”

Gaby burst out laughing and said, “Justine it appears she spotted you after all. So you better assume your regular form. Freya, Justine is now one of my companions as well as my protector. She took the form of some of the children. Now would the old guard like to ride with the young in future?”

Brunhilda spoke, “The old guard request the Empress’s permission to come out of retirement and train with the young guard. Also as our baby sister has obviously bound herself to you Gabriel. I feel as the senior Valkerie that I should also have a similar position. I noticed my daughters are already partially bonded with you. Justine I am sorry I failed to recognise you in the chick form. As for politely saying I am over large I will have to do something about that. In the meantime if the real chicks wish to play with me as you suggested they are welcome. “

Justine laughed, “Sister’s we need to go to the Lorelie rock there you all can swim with Gabriel if you wish to ride with the new Valkeries.”

Brunhilda as bossy as ever replied for her sisters. “That is a good idea we all could do with a good wash to get the dust of centuries off us.” At the rock Gabriel stripped off and dived in. Brunhilda was the first to follow Gabriel and embrace her. Freya was on the bank laughing then she turned to Justine, “They all appear to have forgotten their basic biology. I will follow but I know what is coming. Will you also play with my children Justine?

“Freya I get to play with all of the children in the nursery. Most of my sisters for some time to come will be having nursery duty. I also have to take my turn but I also have other duties protecting a young queen. I could do with help from my sisters for that task. We also still have much family to recover. By any chance do you know where the star of Neuswanstein is located? Gabriel has had Sephrena looking in the Rhone for it.”

Freya dived in and swam across to the rock and then dived down. A few moments later she emerged and placed a necklace on Gabriel’s neck. The star has claimed you Gabriel. I heard it call to you as I swam across. Now like those before me I must also become one with you. All Valkeries must now be one with you.”

Rhine and the others looked shocked. “Freya what are you doing? That has to remain hidden until such time as the new holder appears.”

“My sisters that time is now. Is not Gabriel already wearing the shield of Thor? Gabriel is the one the prophecy foretold long ago.”

“Your Majesty I must apologise for my sister Freya. The star of Neswanstein should only be given to the one who will regenerate us and bring rebirth to the Valkeries.” Meanwhile Freya embraced Gabriel and deliberately ensured her sisters knew what she was doing.

“Rhine as you can clearly see Freya knows what she is doing. The star is now part of me as was originally intended and Freya is now getting her reward as will all who embrace me like this.”

Rhine looked at her breasts and gave them a squeeze. A milky substance poured forth. “I thought they felt swollen like when I was pregnant with the girls.”

“Brunhilda or Rhine which ever name you prefer, You led your sisters to embrace me. I have accepted your embraces so now you can ride with the Golden Valkeries or at least you will be able to once you have had a spell in the nursery.”

Friga spoke, “Gabriel we blindly followed our sister Brunhilda in embracing you. By any chance where you born male?”

“Friga what I was no longer matters although I was originally baptised Andrew Bond and thought I was human. My first companions where my cousins. If you embrace me in Water or Air you get the same results as if Neptune or Draconaris had embraced you.”

Friga grinned like a cat that got the cream. “Unlike Brunhilda I have never had children as I much prefer the company of females. Would it be possible to also seal my fate in the air? Now I know we can determine when we give birth. So after giving it though I have decided that I will not delay the birth of my children.” Freya was still holding on to Gabriel as Friga approached. “Mistress take both of us to the heavens.” With that Gabriel shot out of the water and up into the sky with the two sisters holding on.

And Isolde was laughing away as Brunhilda shook her head; “Those two will be constant breeding machines now they know what Gabriel truly is.”

Isolde. “Brunhilda normal rules do not apply to us. You know from personal experience we can not mate with normal humans or at least if we do there are consequences.”

Brunhilda looked at Isolde. “I did not realise anybody knew of my indiscretion. He was a brave warrior and I fell in love with him. We had much fun together and then I became pregnant. As I changed so did he. At first he started to get slimmer and smaller until the day I gave birth, and then he changed into my third daughter. I brought all three up as sisters. What else could I do? There was no way I could tell the others their father had become Sephrena. From then I have never looked at another male. I have totally screwed up now as I failed to recognise Gabriel for what she truly is.” Brunhilda spun round as a child’s voice spoke from behind her.

“Brunhilda I would not worry about your indiscretion as you are not the only one who has been in that position. Now though you can help feed my new sisters as they are rather hungry and can not wait until the feeding stations arrive.” Brunhilda looked up at the sky and saw four silver streaks diving into the water. Brunhilda just dip your hands into the water and they will be here like a shot.” As Brunhilda did so two creatures shot out of the water and attached them selves to Brunhilda nipples. After a short while they released themselves and two more attached themselves.”

Justine was laughing away. Brunhilda said, “Justine you may be laughing but at least they know where to come for a good feed.”

Gaby returned with a considerably younger looking Friga & Freya. “Ah Brunhilda I see you have introduced yourself to my daughters.” Gaby snapped her fingers and all the children lined up.

“Brunhilda the children ask if you will continue to feed them when they are hungry as their birth mothers cannot yet produce sufficient milk for them. It will also help you regenerate.”

Brunhilda looked across at Gaby and the baby girls. “So I Brunhilda of the Valkeries is now considered a feeding station for Baby Gabriel's.” She looked around and all the children where nodding their heads up and down.”

Friga spoke, “Well sister it is not as if you have not done it before. I know for a fact you fed both Isolde and Justine. As you can plainly see we have not yet started producing milk, but hopefully it will not be long. It will also be good practise for you when your twins eventually arrive.” This statement caused a growl from Brunhilda.

Neptune’s arrival almost causes a disaster.

As they where talking on the banks of the Rhine a great wave came rolling up the river. The wave stopped near the Lorelie rock. “Greetings Sisters and Gabriel. I see two more of my sisters as well as my daughters have united themselves with you. Brunhilda I see your maternal instinct is once again occurring. Well sister even I have to spend time in the nursery looking after the children. Now where are the new babies?”

Astrid presented the four and then said, “There are also the children of the Rhine maidens to consider, should they not come under your protection as the Rhine maidens do.” The first six there was no problem.

Sephrena. “Father my sisters and I jointly adopted these two and as far as we are concerned they are our daughters.”

Neptune had a grin on his face and then spoke, “Then they also shall receive the blessing of Neptune and the right to call me grandpa. Although I do believe Oberon may have something to say about it. Regardless they now receive my protection. Sometime ago I issued an instruction to all my daughters they where all to be married to a partner of my choice. I was rather forgetful and I forgot about the children of the Sea witch and those of the Rhine maidens, but as they are also my daughters then it should apply to them.”

Brunhilda Spoke, “I will have you know all of my daughters tied themselves to Gabriel before they came for us. I certainly do not intend to tell them otherwise. In fact my sisters and I have also tied ourelves to Gabriel permanently.

Neptune’s style of arrival had an unfortunate occurrence higher up the Rhine valley. A young Asian mother was walking on the riverside holding the hand of a very young child. The backwash from Neptune’s arrival swept them both off their feet and into the river. The young mother managed to scramble back on to solid ground. She looked and saw her child was being swept down the river. Constance had accompanied the others to the ceremony when she heard the screaming and then noticed the small bundle being swept down river. Constance stripped off and dived into the Rhine She swam as fastest she ever had and, grabbed hold of the bundle that was being swept down the Rhine. The mother was running down the banking to a point where Constance could get back on shore with the child.

Constance took the bundle in her arms. She soon realised she was unable to use her arms. Then Constance thought to herself you silly clown. I have a tail in the water not legs. With that she smashed her tail down. This got the attention of the others. Neptune laughed, “I take it that was the first time she has used her tail fins?” With that smash of the tailfin Constance was propelled to the shore at great speed. The mother held her hand out to Constance as she got to the shore. Constance passed the child over to the mother and then realised she could not get of the water in front of the mother.

Then the mother spoke, “Thank you for saving my baby. The Brahmin in my village told me to come here to meet my destiny. I am Asia my parents dedicated me to the great dragon. I noticed you are also dedicated to the same one from the mark you wear on your wrists.”

Neptune. “Constance come out of the water and show Asia your true self.”

“But, But.”

Asia passed the child to Gabriel and held on to Constance pulling her to the shore. It took Asia a second or two to realise what Constance was.
“You are a daughter of the Great water God. Thank you goddess for saving my child I did not initially realise what you where.”

Neptune spoke, “Madam it is I who owe you an apology for causing your child to be swept into the Rhine. Now did I here you correctly that you are dedicated to the great dragon?”

Brunhilda came up and spoke, “So can you prove you are dedicated to the GREAT Dragon? I am Brunhilda the Valkarie.”

“Well water lord it is I who should apologise for causing you a problem. Water goddess I thank you for saving my child. She is all I have left of my old life. I came here because my priest told me to come here. Brunhilda I have never heard that name, but you remind me of the great ancient man hating warrior queens. I though can prove that my child and I are both dedicated to the great dragon. Please look at our wrists as we both have been marked the same way.”

Brunhilda came across to Asia and looked at the child’s wrists. “I thought you said you both where dedicated to the great dragon. I know this is not the sign used by the priests for my brother.”

Neptune came across and looked. Then he burst into laughter. “Yes you are correct Brunhilda it is not our brother’s sign, but it is also correct. Asia you and your child, neither of you could be harmed by the water. It is one of your elements as is the air which you breathe.”

Freya came across and looked and then curtsied. “Your parents certainly went the whole way with you. The great dragon is our brother Draco. You though have been dedicated to the greatest dragon of all. Tell me did they also put you through a marriage ritual?”

Constance by now had reverted to her human form. She came over and looked and then smiled. “I once was human like you; I was saved by a daughter of Neptune. Today was the first time I swam as a mermaid. I though remembered not to kiss your child. Now I see it would not have mattered if I had for you both bear a mark which is senior to mine.”

Asia smiled and said, “There is one here I do recognise as she was there when I was marked. I tried to remain pure. I never went willingly with a man. Unfortunately once life started growing in me the priest sent me away saying I had too leave the temple and find my own destiny. It has taken me quite a while to get here from my homeland in India. I do not understand though what is the difference between the Great and the Greatest?”

Friga spoke, “These are my children, tell me what you see.”

Asia looks and says, “They are branded just like me. You though have one mark like me and a different one. Have you also been married to the greatest?”

“Yes child I am, unlike you though it was my choice. When you already are a goddess we are rather limited for choice of mates. I take it you already know my younger sister Justine, or should I say Kali the goddess of life and death?”

“Ah Justine sounds more like Justice and regardless of culture is an appropriate name. The Indian name though strikes fear into all that hear the name Kali.”

As Asia was talking Draconaris arrived. “Hi wondered what you all where doing here. Though perhaps my sisters had decided to hold an inpromptue party.”

“Sir I am Asia and this is my child. Do you also have a mark on your wrist like I do? We where discussing the difference between the Great Dragon & the Greatest.”

Gabriel nodded to Draconaris who stared at Asia. “Sir you stare at me like you have seen a ghost of the past. I will tell you my mother Deli was the high priestess of the Red little dragon. She inherited the job from my Grandmother Angaharad. I am the child of Deli and as her daughter and I now hold the position of high priestess of the Great Dragon. When my time comes then I shall pass the job on to my daughter like I received it.”

Justine took hold of Asia’s hand. “Draconaris, Asia here was telling us how the priests married her off to the Greatest Dragon. Whose symbol she now bears.”

Draconaris appeared to look into the sky and said, “So you do not know what the greatest looks like child?”
“Sir I see many things but today must have been preordained. I have gods from many cultures in front of me, and Battle hardened queens feeding their young. If the greatest is good for them, then who am I to disagree. I do not know how the gods go about being bonded. So I wondered if you could formally present me to the greatest. Or failing that then will the Great Sea Lord do it?”

Draconaris started to chuckle. “Yes I can arrange that in Valhalla you will be formally received as a companion of the greatest if you wish. I will play the part of your father.” With that Draco was gone in an instant

Neptune. “Constance I am well pleased with you. This was your first time in the water and you go on a rescue mission. Now to you Asia my brother has gone to plan your formal binding in front of all our kind.” As Neptune was talking all present noticed the stars started to pulsate and then there was a myriad of explosions. “That child was the invitation to your marriage done dragon style. Now wait for the replies.” There was more multi coloured lights in the sky.

“Oh look there is a large gold star.”

Freya. “Andorra is she also home? For that looked like her signature? Oh Morning Star is now sending her sign.”

Gabriel looks across at the children and says. “Time for us all to reply also.” Cleo brought out the astral cannon and then each child placed a pink object in it. Gaby also placed a pink ball in to the cannon. A few seconds later the sky was alight as the myriad of pink balls exploded overhead.

Brunhilda smiled. “That was from your flower girls and bridesmaids. Finally the mark of your spouse.”

As Brunhilda spoke the entire sky appeared to explode in a golden light.

“Wow that was the best firework display I have seen in a very long time.” As Asia was speaking many little feathered chicks came running up to her. Asia bent down and picked one up. Asia kissed the chick. The chicks parted to allow two baby lions to walk up to Asia. After them came some pixies. “Ah little devils I am pleased to meet you. Come up here and tell me about this procession of animals I appear to be getting.”

“I am pixie Petal and these are my sisters. We are the smallest of the Fay and as you said we can be little devils. Normally though we assume human shape and that is what we will do now. All the daughters of Draconaris can assume the shape of other sisters just as you will after your official binding. I was looking after the little ones but they persuaded me to come and greet you in person.” (This brought some tittering and laughter from the chicks) The chicks all jumped into the arms of Brunhilda and her sisters.

Asia realised she still had one chick on her shoulder. She took hold of the chick and gave it a kiss. Andorra materialised as she was kissed.

“Hello Asia I was playing with the chicks when Draco sent out the invites. I decided to come in person and see what you looked like. Ah Rhine I see you appear to be taking over the nursery duties. As you can see I have regenerated. Soon you also will look like me. Now child hand me the baby and do this old matron a favour by giving us a twirl. Yes I can see the resemblance. Now tell me where is your mother Deli?”

Asia burst into tears. “She in eternal sleep lies in the Temple of the Little Red Dragon. One day I will return to the same temple and on that day my daughter will then become high priestess of the temple.”
The temple of the Little Red Dragon & the Tiger Lord.

“Are you my new companion?”

“No child I am not your companion. But I do think though you should have your mother close by on the day of your nuptials.”

“But I have just said to everybody she lies in eternal sleep in the temple.”

“No child she is resting while she waits the call she knows will come. Now as we appear to be done here it is time we all went back to India. I remember as a child visiting the temple of the Little Red Dragon. Little did I expect to be going back with the high priestess?”

Andorra nodded to Gabriel who opened another portal. “See child the route back is far easier than it was on your outward journey.”

A young village boy saw the arrival and ran to the village. “Help, Help many women have invaded the temple.” The villagers all came to see what he was shouting about.

The Brahmin came out and said, “We can see for miles and nobody approached the village from any direction.”

“I swear learned one the High priestess was with them. They just appeared out of thin air. I should warn you Kali was with her and then there was many more who scared me.”

Inside the temple Asia found the Alabaster forms of her mother and Grandmother. Andorra kissed both forms and then said, “ Asia we have to leave for a short while. With that they went outside. Gabriel and Maddy stayed inside the temple. The others had just got outside when a Golden ray appeared to engulf whole the temple.

The Brahmin ran to the temple but Kali stopped him. “Sorry Brahmin but you can not enter there now regardless of how hard you try only the children of hers can enter now.”

Asia spoke, “Brahmin you sent me to find my future. I travelled a long way to find my fate, but ended up back here. Have no fear for your temple is been upgraded. For years your people prayed to the Red Dragon. What you see is the transformation of the temple. The Golden dragon has decided this temple is suitable for her purposes and will in future be hers.”

“But Asia the Red dragon will be angry with us for allowing another god to seize his temple.”

“Brahmin only the Golden one can do what needs doing. If you are so worried then I suggest the villagers build a new temple for the Red Dragon.”

The boy who had alerted the village was staring at Brunhilda. “Child do you not know it is rude to stare?”

“Sorry I was just imagining what it must be like to suckle from you?”

Brunhilda laughed, “Many others here wonder the same. At least you are honest with your thoughts.”
The Brahmin spoke, “Goddess do not think harshly of him. His parents died protecting other children from a great tiger. The villagers share a little of their food with him but he is always hungry.”

Brunhilda sat down, “So your parents where brave. Come here and let me inspect you. Those girls whose hands you are holding do you know who they are?” He shook his head.

“Well young man they are the daughters of the cat queen.” His face paled.

“But that is a story of the desert peoples.” With that Cleo changed to a Lion and then a Leopard then she transformed to a tiger.

He fainted into Brunhilda arms. Brunhilda kissed him. “Andorra how much longer will they be? Because I want to keep this one.”

The boy recovered and broke free of Brunhilda’s arm and ran to the temple. The Brahmin tried to stop him but the boy ran straight through the entrance of the temple.

Andorra spoke, “Well Brunhilda you have your answer. Gabriel has accepted the child. For he would not have been able to pass through the entrance otherwise.”

Gabriel and Maddy came out holding on to the still trembling child. “Brunhilda this child is yours I believe.” Behind them followed two women. The two ladies Deli and Angaharad took hold of the child and walked across to Asia.

“Asia as High priestess it is your job to see this child goes back to her mother.”

Asia took hold of the child and they walked across to Brunhilda. “Brunhilda the Valkerie as high priestess I have to ask you. Do you take full responsibility for this child I should warn you this is an eternal commitment. Now do you child agree that Brunhilda should be your mother.”

The child looked at Brunhilda. “Sorry goddess I was hungry and noticed you where dripping milk. I thought if I could have some of that I would not be hungry ever again.”
Brunhilda smiled, “Come here if you wish some?” As his lips touched the nipple he transformed to a baby. “Well high priestess the decision is made. There is a problem though while I am feeding this one I can not have other children.”

Gabriel spoke, “Brunhilda you must name and present the child as you now have her eternally as your baby. The child is yours now as well as being mine. However you now have an eternal baby to care for.”

Andorra spoke, “Brunhilda soon you will have a figure like me. I also have an eternal baby. As has Gabriel and many others.”

Justine spoke, “I also have an eternal baby. Some here may already have met my baby O’Connor. Ah some of you may wonder how I got him back? It appears I had prior claim to him rather than the young queen he told you about. Still he made a commitment to her and I expect him to honour his word.”

“Now Brahmin you are about to get first hand experience of why I am the goddess of rebirth. My sister has taken this human child as her own and the child has become a baby. But the child has not been born to Brunhilda.” That shall now be rectified as Brunhilda lays down here.” Justine picked the child and passed it round the villagers. Then Justine laid the child on the tummy of Brunhilda and it appeared to open up and engulf the child. For a second or two the villagers where shocked with what they witnessed.

Gabriel then spoke, “Brahmin fear not for the safety of the child. Call for your village midwives so they may attend to Brunhilda. For she is in need of their services”

Two very scared women appeared. They examined Brunhilda and then tried to shoo the men away.

Brunhilda spoke, “No I have taken one of your people as my child and you all shall witness the birth of Indra. It will be a very long time before I again give birth to any child. The child chose me when he ran to the golden one for protection.”

One of the midwives noticed a wet patch on the ground and said, “Not much longer sister of Kali.”

The other midwife felt the tummy Brunhilda and said, “Oh there is more than one.” Brunhilda let out a growl.

Justine spoke, “Yes that is normal for us the last time she had three children.”

Sephrena and sisters came and stood by their mother. “Ladies we must handle the children she now bears.” As they watched Brunhilda tummy expanded greatly. By now Brunhilda breasts where leaking copious amount of milk. The next second all three babies shot out of their place of abode into the light of day. As they shot out the three older sisters caught them.

One of the midwives looked at the three children and then said, “This one was our Indra and now she is a goddess.”

As they where watching Brunhilda started to change to a young woman. The Brahmin looked at her and then at Kali. He then looked at the two women who had come out of the temple with Gabriel. He bowed to Gabriel. “For a while you had me confused, but the spirit of Kali can inhabit many bodies at the same time. Only one though can restore what was lost.”

“Brahmin they will accompany me to a land far away. You must choose a new high priestess as these are all now one with me. It would be nice if your village could build a couple of new temples close by.”

Meanwhile Astrid & Cleo had wandered off round the village. Cleo spotted some movement close to the forest. Astrid nodded as they both transformed in to cheater cubs and ran close to the shape then they started to scent mark where they had been. The shape made its way to the first point they had scent marked. The girls giggled as they saw it was a magnificent male tiger. The tiger continued to sniff the air and then stopped each time he found a newly marked area. He knew he was close to man but he had to find where the kittens had gone. If there where kittens then there would be a she cat. Perhaps this time he would be lucky and find a mate he desired. If nothing else he would play with the kittens for a while before going back to the forest. The tiger threw caution to the wind as he followed the scent of the kittens into the centre of the village.

The Brahmin watched in amazement as loads of little girls all jumped out on the tiger and started to play with the tiger. The tiger played with the children and then he heard a voice. “Shear Khan I presume?” The children immediately stopped what they where doing and stood to attention.

“Sorry I followed the scent of the kittens. I was hoping to find a mate? For long enough I have looked for partner. Unfortunately you have me at a disadvantage as do not know with who I converse.”

The oldest of the midwives spoke, “This is a great day when Shear Khan also decides to visit us. Though I doubt he realises just what the kittens are. As little as they are they are far more deadly than he ever will be.” Shear Khan noticed Kali and went up to her and licked her.

Gabriel spoke, “I have many names, and to you I am the child of Draco. The Golden flight is mine to command. My children wish to play with you. Now first I have to appoint a new high priestess.” Gabriel pointed to the younger midwife. “Yes you will do nicely. Asia you may pass the necklace on. As from today the temple will be known as the Queens temple and prayers may be said to any that ride the winds. Shear Khan you may live in this village and protect it.”

One female with a disfigured face spoke, “Goddess most women in this village are already married. I am not so if Shear Khan is to protect us then I would be willing to share my home with him.”

Shear Khan looked at her. “You must be a great warrior as you bear the marks of a great battle.”

Gabriel spoke, “Although she is the Brahmins’ eldest daughter and she lives apart from the rest of the village. She at great personal risk single handily protected the children from a great evil. Her opponent now adorns the wall of her hut.”

Shear Khan looked at the hut. “Many men would have been scared of that opponent. You will do fine. I will do as the goddess asks and protect the village and bring food. I though would like to play with the children both human and cat.” He looked at Gabriel but it was Isolde that spoke.

“Cleo do you and your sisters wish to play with Shear Khan?”

“Mum he is a big kitten himself. I bet even Freya & Friga would love to have a play with him as would Kali.”

“Madame I Shear Khan would not wrestle with any adult female unless she was my mate. To wrestle with Kali though one has to be wrong in the head. Am I to take it these children are the grand children of one who might be considered wrong in the head? On my travels I heard stories of Kali and her fights with him who is considered wrong in head.”

Petal spoke, “Hi Shear Khan we are the smallest of Draco’ daughters and just as deadly as the children you decided to follow. I have no doubt they will be coming to visit you as often as they can and we will be with them.

Astrid spoke, “Shear Khan before a man in this village can live in a woman’s hut they have to wrestle each other. It is sort of a tradition.”

Shear Khan bowed and said, “Then I will do the same, for my opponent has already shown she is brave and would defend her young to the death or until she could no longer fight.” Before long Shear Khan had knocked the woman down but somehow he ended up on his back and she was tickling him.

The Brahmin spoke, it is not a match I expected lord of the forest. But Shear Khan welcomes to the village of the red Dragon or perhaps we should call it the dragon’s village? My daughter is now yours to protect although it looks like you will need the protection from her. She can be quite a handful at times, as the villagers would tell you. They though have the greatest respect for her.”

Shear Khan then noticed Andorra and Endora. “We both enjoyed that. You though are very forgetful. To say you are a god of the forest. Would you have done the same with us? Would you fight us?”

“Goodness no ladies had I done that in front of the other gods you would have become my wife regardless of who won? Besides unlike a certain head banger I do not fight ancient goddesses.”

The female with the scared face spoke, “Instead you fought me and I won. So now you are mine for you did it in front of other gods and my village. So I claim you as my partner.”

Gabriel spoke, “For now you can stay and protect the village, but one day I will recall you, your partner and her sister. First though show your human self to your bride. The villagers call your wife the tigress for the way she protected the young of the village. The Brahmin though has another daughter you must also protect for she is now the new High priestess of the temple.”

Shear Khan bowed and spoke to the High Priestess. “Madam it appears I must also challenge you. As a god I may have more than one partner. I have to ask if you wish to fight me?”

Andorra winked at Endora and before Shear Khan knew what was happening he was on the ground with the ladies sat on him. “Shear Khan we win and you are now ours. Once before we let the chance go by with you. As for the High Priestess she is already promised to the Golden one. While we may have to go away occasionally we will set our home here. How do you feel now you have three partners? Somebody has to be here when the children come visiting. Would you like to challenge any of the kittens?”

The Brahmin spoke? “That would be a bit unfair. He has already lost to a disabled maid and two elderly goddesses. A kitten like those would make minced meat of him within seconds as they have youth on their side.”

“Girls I regret I already have acquired two dragons and a tigress as partners today. As a minor god I am at my quota for wives. However if any kittens wish to practise their hunting skills they can try them out on me. Endora & Andorra I presume these children are sort of your grand children and I will be a Grand father.”

The Brahmin smiled “I suppose I can also make a similar claim as my daughter is promised to the golden one so that make me a father in law.”

Cleo spoke, “Gentlemen we have quite a shortage of males to practise our skills on. Lord Tigger I am Cleo the youngest daughter of Isolde the Cat Queen. All my sisters regardless of who is the birth mother now have the abilities of cats. To be able to practise on you and even pretend to hunt you would be a great boone for us all.” The next second Lord Tigger found he was once again on the floor this time two cheater cubs where licking him. As if on a signal many more cubs appeared and started to jump on him.
Astrid spoke to the Brahmins daughter, “From today you will be known as Tigress eternal companion of Lord Tiger. For a long time he has sought an ideal partner. You are that partner. As for Endora & Andorra they already have many other responsibilities. Now kneel before me so I can restore your damaged face and repair those scars of yours.”

Tigress did as commanded. She felt a tingle on her face and then her damaged eye opened. Her entire body tingled and the scars all started to vanish. As this happened Tigger came over and knelt down. Tigger noticed Tigress no longer wore the rags he had first seen her in. Now she was in a wedding dress.

The child that appeared to have been Astrid suddenly changed in height and appearance. All present realised it was Gabriel “Tigger here you have a home and wife. Tigress almost all of your visible scars have healed it will take a little longer for those we cannot see to heal. By the time of the next new moon all your scars will be healed. Now though our party must leave and return to our homeland. As the villagers watched the entire group appeared to walk into the forest and vanish.
Back in Yorkshire.

Sidonie and the others could barely contain their excitement. They found Astral and started to ask questions. Astrol smiled and said, “It is not always so exciting. Would you like to visit our cycle team run by Gaby? Currently she is in her new home practising for a race on her new indoor track. If I summands my sisters we can all go and watch them and have a swim as they have a nice pool the Hobbit builder constructed.”

For a second or two Sidonie looked scared. “Sorry Sidonie I should have also told you that you will be getting fitted for a new costume like we all have to wear.”

“Is there chance perhaps I could borrow a bike as back in Germany I liked to enter competitions?”

Linzi appeared and said, “The others are waiting for you they have already got fitted out with their costumes.”

At the pool Sidonie immediately recognised Gaby Bond. She went over to talk. “I did not realise you practised here Gaby. I have seen you race in Germany. In fact I think we have raced each other several times.”
“Sidonie this is now my home and also home to my friends who also race with me. I understand you have just had a very interesting time.”

“You could say so. In a short space of time I discovered I have lots of family I knew nothing about.”

Ally came up and said, “Are you two getting in the pool? Or do you intend chatting like a couple of love birds.”

“I have not yet had my fitting for my costume.”

Gaby spoke, “You do not need it at the moment as the green light is on. Only when the Red light goes on do you need a costume. If I know the others they will all be bathing as nature intended.” With that they both stripped off and dived in.

Ariel swam up and greeted Sidonie. “So do you like it here? We all have great fun swimming. As she was speaking the light went to red. “Oh blast we have to go and put on costumes. Nobody else was supposed to be using the pool today. You better follow me and I will get you fixed up with a costume and then we and go back in the water.”

When they got back they found the pool had ropes laid down and they formed lanes. “Oh Sidonie we are in for a treat that man and woman are captains of the British & German teams. I wonder what they are doing here.

“Hi Ariel who is your friend?”

“This is my niece Sidonie we wondered what you are doing here because you are not scheduled for a swim?”

“We should have been at the Leeds international pool for a competition. The riots in Leeds though have put a stop to us swimming there and so we asked Jenny if she minded if we came here instead. Hopefully the other teams will also make it here.”

Sidonie. “Ariel does this mean I will not get a swim after all?”

Gaby appeared and said, “No it means we get some real practise as we try to beat all the teams. Sidonie you and your sisters are unknowns and so come on to my team.” As they spoke the balcony and gallery filled up with people. Then Sidonie noticed her mother also in a costume but sitting on the Balcony.

A voice came over the Tanoy system. “Ladies on behalf of the International Swimming Association I apologise for interrupting your swimming gala. I also would like to thank you for allowing us to hastily reschedule our swimming event here. Unfortunately the race riots in Leeds have prevented us from going there. We have the two inside lanes clear and wondered if you would like to use them to continue your event.

Gaby. “I speak for the juniors and we would love to try and race your competitors and so we will take the left hand lane.”

Sephrena came across and spoke, “It appears my sisters have elected me senior captain and we will take the remaining lane.”

Each team did time trials and then the best where selected. Sidonie looked across and realised she was racing her Aunt Sephrena. The race was breaststroke, those watching soon realised it was a race between Sidonie and Sephrena. Eventually it was a dead heat between the two of them.

The Chairman of the British Olympic committee came across and said, “Gabriel are you sure you will not permit your family to swim for us?”

Neptune came across with a smile on his face as he had just witnessed the best swimmers in the world get beaten by the senior and junior teams. “I wondered if your swimmers would like another chance as we have two infant teams who wish to challenge you. Astral was captaining one and Astrol the other.

The Italian captain looked at the children and said, “His team would swim again. With that the infants took their places. The claxon sounded and they where off. All Astrol could here was the cheering from her family and friends. The twins managed to come in joint second while the British captain took first place. The Italian came in third. Cleo and Astrid where in the final race of the day. They both set off like rockets and soon passed the other swimmers. It was obvious they where competing with each other. Another dead heat. They where out of the water waiting for the others to finish.

The Italian captain approached Gabriel and spoke, “I know we where tired after racing previously but I did not expect the bambinos to beat us like that.”

Gabriel laughed, “ They can only do that for short distances of a mile or so. You could say they are all water babies. In the summer we all practise in the North sea.”

Gabriel blew a whistle and said, “While our guests are getting ready will you all swim two miles as you have all had a warm up. This time the little ones took up all the lanes and several swam in the same lane setting off ten seconds apart. The Italian Captain wrapped a towel around herself and then went to the lane Cleo and Astrid where in. She shouted encouragement to them and so they swam faster and faster. There was an explosion of noise as the two of them where the first to finish. Cleo and Astrid looked around to see what the noise was about.

A grey haired man approached them. “Congratulation girls you both have broken the world time record for swimming two miles. I know for sure there are eight teams who would love you both on their side. As this was an official sanctioned competition your timings will go into the record book.”

The British & German captains came hand in hand and the German captain spoke, “Congratulations on a very good swim. It looks like we will have to practise with you two if we want to get faster.” This brought a giggle from the two girls.

Cleo. “All of our sisters are natural water babies. We all love to swim as much as we can. Having this pool means we can swim as often as we like.”

Sidonie came across and spoke, “Sir I have been sent to tell you the meal is ready, and I have to tell these water babies they have to get dried and dressed. With that Cleo and Astrid went to the changing room where they found Isolde waiting for them.”

“Come on you two all the others are waiting. I do not know if I should be proud or cross with the speed you did that last race in.”

“Mum I momentary forgot we had guests and only heard the cheering and the Italian lady urging me to go faster. I did not realise we had well and truly left the others behind. I like the Italian lady can she coach us?”

During the meal Isolde found herself on the same table as the Italian captain. She was telling how this was her last race and she was hoping to settle down and get a job coaching. Isolde saw the chance and asked, “Have you a job yet.”

“No, but I will have to start looking after today.”

Isolde looked across to Gabriel as if to seek conformation. Gabriel nodded her head and then Isolde spoke. “There is a fulltime job here with the infants and juniors if you are interested?” The Italian captain broke down in tears.

“Sorry I was not expecting that. Do you not wish to see my references or something before you consider me?”

Isolde. “If you wish to go back with the team and pack you can return here tomorrow and we will go through your duties.”

“Actually everything I have is already on the coach as we return to Italy tonight. I could start immediately if there was accommodation available. I will though have to make arrangements to collect my remaining belongings from Italy.”

Gabriel called the woman over. “I take it you wish to accept the offer Isolde made to you? Gabriel brought some documents out and said, “Will the Italian team manager witness that from Midnight tonight you become an employee here.”

Later that evening Cleo found the woman crying in the room she had been allocated. “I have been sent to collect you as the family wishes to meet you and have a little chat about your references.”

She was led into a massive room that looked more like a courtroom. The old gentleman was there to greet her and asked her proper name. She started to say Christina and then burst into tears again. Neptune realised there was more to it and said, “We do not bite, and the girls have already said they want you as their coach. Have you committed any crime against children that prevents you working with them?

Christina dried her tears and said, “I might as well tell you all and then if you do not want me I will go. I would love to work with children, as it is not possible that I can have any of my own. I have not always looked like this. Many years ago in Turin I was born Christopher Alphonso. When I reached my teens I started to develop different to the other boys. Mama took me to the clinic, and it was discovered I only produce female hormones not male ones. Since that day I have lived as a female. As a man I cannot have children and the same as a woman. I will go now as you will not want a weird freak like me with your children.”

Neptune. “You already have signed a contract to teach and train the children. Do you not intend honouring it. Now you have told us your secret it is time for you to see our secret. Would all of my daughters and their children go to the pool and it is green light time.”

At first Christina thought the girls where all just getting in the pool naked. “Oh no wonder they where described as water babies. They are mermaids.”

Cleo. “I am not and neither is Astrid. We can do other things first though we all have to kiss you to welcome our new coach.”

Christina felt a tingle run through her body with each kiss. So what do you two do? Those in the pool are all mermaids no wonder they could swim so well. Cleo and the twins changed into kittens. Ally and several others developed wings.”

“Oh my god your fairies, Were people and mermaids. No wonder you thought I would fit in.”

Saskia and sisters appeared and said, “We are also Fay, We just kept out of the way while the humans where here allow me to introduce Lord Rombald and the giant family. Lord Oberon father of the Fay. Lord Aaron of the eagles. Brunhilda of the Valkerie. Petal the smallest of the Fay. Then of course we cannot miss Gabriel and her family. You may have noticed Isolde looking across for permission to take you on. Normally you would not have been asked, however Astrid and her sisters noticed the conflict in you. They realised they could resolve your conflicts. When you get back to your rooms you may notice various items have already arrived from Italy.”

“Have I died, is this a dream?”
Gabriel. “No it is not a dream Christina. Astrid and many others could easy read your mind. They all know of your shock at what was happening to your body. Your body will soon have another shock. As I said previously we do not normally allow strangers jobs within the family for a good reason. As you can see we are all Fay in one way or another. We can mingle with normal humans but prefer to keep contact to a minimum. Normally we do not kiss nor have sex with humans. In you case I allowed an exception. I know you felt a tingle when you got kissed by my daughters. They where purposely allowed to kiss you first to finish off your transformation and make you complete.”

Christina. “I feel very strange” and then she collapsed. Saskia and some of the other hobbits carried her to a bedroom and stripped her and dressed her in night attire. Astrid and Cleo clambered into bed with her. The following morning Christina awoke to find she was wedged in the bed. She tried to get out without disturbing the girls but did not succeed in doing so. Christina went to the toilet and then let out a shriek. “It’s gone.”

The shriek awoke Cleo who shouted “Hurry up and come back to bed I am getting cold.”

Astrid went and said “Christina I think you might need one of these.” And hands Christina a sanitary towel. “Did it just come off in your hand or was it already gone?”

Christina still had the shrivelled up member in her hands. Astrid produced a plastic bag and Christina put it in the bag and tied it up. She then went to wash her hands. “I take it you two are here so it was not two big a shock for me?”

Cleo giggled. “Well at least you now can have babies if you decide to be a mother. For now you will have to make do with us now come back to bed.”

Several hours later the three of them where awoke with Astrol and Astral. Astrid spoke, “While we are getting dressed can you two take that plastic bag to Lady Helen? The twins shot off with the bag. Christina and her companions got washed and dressed.

Astrid. “You better come to breakfast with us.”

“Astrid am I dreaming or do I look younger today?”

“No you are not dreaming although your transformation is far more rapid than we anticipated.”

“My doctor informed me my blood appeared to be O rh+ but it was strange. They tested some by putting various quantities of testosterone. It was all converted to female hormones so they decided not to give me testosterone. Occasionally I would produce milk and the doctor gave me a supplement to stop it.

Cleo. “If you get that problem here you go to the nursery. There are always hungry mouths to feed there.” Alternatively there is the permanent baby solution. Christina smiled as she thought of a friend of hers. “You have had somebody do that for you before?”

“Sorry Girls I was thinking of a dear friend. My friend is disabled and needs constant care. I was thinking it would be easier if that person were a baby. I could feed her and look after her. Astrid vanished a few seconds later she returned with a baby. Christina put the baby to her teats.

Cleo looked at Astrid. “Is that baby her disabled friend?”

Astrid giggled. “No it was her Friend but now they are bonding and by lunch time neither of them will remember their former lives.

Christina. “Sorry girls did you say something as I was rather preoccupied with my baby. In the canteen Christina looked around and said, “Do you mind if I feed my baby while I eat my breakfast?”

Gabriel came across and Christina spoke, “Thank you for taking me on not so many employers so understand to single mums.”

Sidonie and friends came across to look at the baby. “Are you going to let her swim with us? We will take good care of her in the water.”

A Visit to York and the Minster.

Sidonie and her cousins found they where expected to go to York on an educational visit. Constance spoke, “I also get to go with you now that I am better. I would like to see the Great Minster. I also was told there is a roman baths in the cellar of a hotel.”

Lindi. “Well Constance you will get to see both of those and more. Both Linzi and I are the drivers for the day and I with my sister have the additional task of looking after my nieces who are on the trip.

Constance threw herself at Lindi. “Does that include me?”

Linzi laughed, “Well I suppose it just might as Sephrena is on of my sisters. No doubt some of the others will make there way there as well.”

Cleo and Astrid entered the room. “Lindi could you squeeze us two on the coach please? All the others have already made other arrangements and we wanted to be with Sidonie and Constance.”

Linzi looked at Sidonie and Constance they both nodded their head. “Well girls it looks like you are coming with us on the trip. The girls scrambled on the coach and then they went to collect the remainder of the group.

Ten minutes later the coach pulled up outside the school where the remainder of the children where waiting. Some of the German girls where surprised to see the small girls already on the coach. One of the girls spoke, “I see the princess group has some new members.”

Sidonie. “Yes it has these are our cousins Cleo and Astrid. They wanted to accompany us to York.”

Just over an hour later the coaches arrived at the coach park in York. The children where split into various groups. Two of the German girls where left with out a group. They turned to Lindi and said, “It appears our friends have gone with out us. Can we please join the Princess group? We both are willing to help look after the little ones if they get tired.”

“Well girls I cannot leave you on your own. As you appear to be taller than the others do you mind giving the little ones a piggyback? Then we can get on faster.”

Cleo.”Welcome giants to the Princess group. I am princess Cleo and this is Queen Astrid.”

The two girls smiled. “Well in that case I am Princess Giant Isolde and this is my sister Giant Princess Iolanthe. As we are a bit taller than the others we do not mind giving you a piggyback if you wish. Do you not mind us being with you? Some of the others did not want us because we are so tall?”

Soon all the groups where assembled outside the Great Minster of York. A lady in a red coat admitted them all and took the group round. Constance asked the Verger “When is the next service was as she wanted to sing in this church?” As she was speaking a Blackman with a very nice smile on his face spoke.

“The next service is tonight at 18.00. I would be pleased to see you and your friends here. Where are you from?”

Linzi. “The children are from the Rhineland and are on an exchange visit to homes in Skipton and Keighley.”

The Blackman turned to the Verger and said, “Be sure to reserve enough seats for our young friends.” The Verger did sort of a curtsey and said “Would you mind taking this group round the Minster while I go and make arrangements for your guests.

After the woman had gone the gentleman said, “Right you will get a special tour. It is not often I get to do things like this. Sorry I forgot to say my name, I am John.”

Linzi spoke, “Girls this is the Archbishop himself who is giving you a personal tour of his cathedral.”

Constance spoke, “I was puzzled when the lady in red curtsied. It was because you are her boss. I am Dutch Catholic and I am pleased to meet you Archbishop. I used to sing in my church choir. Mum and I had to move here because of my health. I would like to sing in this great church to thank god for the way he has healed me.”

“In that case young lady I will grant your request tonight.”

The Archbishop took them into parts of the cathedral not normally opened to the general public. Eventually they said their goodbyes in the chapter house where the Archbishop showed them the seats with names on. Sidonie sat on a seat that had written on it Venerable Richard Seed Archdeacon of York. Constance looked at the names. I have the Bishop of Hull’s seat.”

Saphira found she was sat in the Deans seat. After that they said their farewell and promised to return for the evening service.

Isolde spoke, “None of you in the Princess group have been teased us about being so tall. Can we stay with your group all the time while on this holiday?”

Linzi spoke, “I know all the girls are enjoying your company. Also these little ones will eventually tire and will need carrying. Are you both willing to help look after them as I can see them wanting to come on every trip if you agree?”

As they agreed they saw a very tall man approach them. “Sorry I thought it was my twins who had got roped in for transport duty. Now which of my brothers is father to you two?”

Iolanthe spoke, “Sir we do not have a father or at least not one we know. We live with our mother at Schaffenhousen. We are on holiday with our school friends and hosts. If you want to pretend you are our dad then we will be happy to oblige. Would you like to stay with our group?”

Rombald looked at Linzi and then at Astrid. “Come on you two it is time you gave the girls had a rest. I was going to ask you all if you wanted to go to Lunch at the Roman Baths.”

Constance was the quickest to reply, “Yes please sir are you a giant?”

Rombald chuckled, “Some might call me that but I much prefer Rombald.”

As they got near the Roman Baths Isolde spotted a dress in Browns Department store. “Look at that dress it is exquisite Iolanthe.”

“It is but we cannot afford one let alone two. It would take all the spending money we have and more beside.”

Rombald. “Unless you have very good appetites you may wish to share a platter with your friend, as they give you plenty of food here.

The waitress came up and spoke. “Hello Mr Rombald will it be the normal for you and your daughters?” Rombald put his finger to his mouth to tell the girls to be quiet.

“Yes that would be ok and the others will share your seafood platters as I have my nieces with me today.”

Before long the waitress returned carrying three massive plates that appeared to be laden down with various meats. Iolanthe and Isolde’s eyes nearly popped out of their heads when they saw the size of the plates.

Rombald. “Astrid & Cleo will help you with that platter if you cannot manage them.”

Constance. “No wonder you are so tall it is the meals you get here.”

Rombald. “I had intended treating my daughters after the meal. It is not often I come to York and I thought somebody should look after the little mistresses. Seeing as you two have being doing my daughters job perhaps I should treat you instead.”

Linzi gave Rombald a strange look.

“No need to look at me like that Linzi. To be sure can you not see what they both are? They could be the twins of my twins. So I am treating them and that is all to be said.”

“But Uncle Rombald we know nothing about the girls.”

Astrid. “That can be sorted out later. I am hungry and I am going to help Isolde with her platter and Cleo is going to help Isolde.

Isolde. “Astrid, Rombald is he actually related to you?”

Two more girls joined them and ordered a platter each. “He sure is, that is our dad. Astrid & Cleo are you going to be pinching off our plate as well?”

Isolde looked at the two girls and then said, “It is like looking in a mirror at yourself. I am going to ring mum and tell her we have become friends with girls that look like us.”
“RING, RING, RING, RING.”

“Hello Mum we are in York today and have made friends with girls who look like us. Their father is called Rombald.”

“Isolde can you put me on the girls father please.
Rombald by any chance do you know a Mr Gloag? He left me high and dry with two bundles of joy.”

“Yes I know full well what happened to him. Unfortunately Gloag cannot be a father to any child now. I though will assume his full responsibilities. The girls already have been sharing their cousin’s duties. I will arrange for the girls to stay with me. It is far better for them to be staying with their uncle and cousins. Also I would like you to sell up and come and live with me. I have plenty of room and if you wish to work it will be easy to find you a job with the mistress.”

Before she had even put the telephone down there was a knock at the door. The mother opened the door to see several strange looking girls. “Lord Rombald wanted us to help you pack. He was very instant that we collected everything. It is not often Lord Rombald makes decisions but today he demanded immediate action. So we are here to move you to Lord Rombald’s.”

“Em Gloag do you know what happened to him?”

Saskia giggled, “Sure we all know. Gloag was always one for the ladies. You must have been about his last before his misadventure. He likes red haired ladies as you will know.”

“Yes that I know.”

“Well he sort of picked the wrong red haired lady. She has ensured Gloag will only ever be hers. She knew full well Gloag was the love them and leave them sort. Now it is impossible for him to get any female pregnant. His wife keeps him female virtually all the time.”

The Twins mother started to laugh. “This I have to see. I cannot imagine Gloag being dressed as a female.”

“Oh you will not recognise him now. He just looks like another of our sisters. He made the fatal mistake of marrying a female leprechaun. Once that happens we can change our partner to look like an identical copy of ourselves.”

One of the strange girls tapped her and spoke. “Sorry I did not realise you where expecting when I left you. Had I done so I would have married you and I would not be in the pickle I am now. As it is my brother Rombald has assumed my responsibilities as father to your daughters.”

Rombald spoke, “Well Karen has your removal team arrived? Sorry if I sound so bossy, but I am not allowed to leave you in Germany. As big and strong as I am my partners will insist you are brought into the fold. “

Sidonie took the telephone and spoke, “Hi Karen it is me Sidonie. I know mum is one of your friends well she and her sisters along with Miss Fryberg are all moving to England permanently. Have you got the Saskia treatment? The girls do look like a double set of twins. Rombald’s' partners insist you come with Saskia. Just look on it as a new adventure. Nothing nasty will happen to you.”

As they where talking a very tall lady walked in. “Ah Rombald did you get the girls the new dresses you promised them?

“Oh hello dear I sort of had a slight problem but it is resolved now. I was going to take the girls after lunch.”

“Well if I ever loose you I know I can find you and the girls here.”

Rombald “I have just realised what your small problem is. I take it you are the father to them?

“Actually only to two the other two are Gloats' children. So now I am their uncle and father as I have taken on Gloats’ responsibilities.”

“Hello I am Isolde and this is my sister Iolanthe. Rombald was just telling mum she had to come and live here.”

“Quite right Rombald and for once I am pleased with you. Now girls I know these two have been doing your duty all morning. Should we treat them to some dresses instead of you?”

Iolanthe. “We would have liked to get a dress but not at the cost of depriving our cousins. We know how excited they must have been at the thought of a new dress each.”

Rombald. “My daughters will choose a dress each and then they will help their cousins select a new wardrobe as befits a daughter of Rombald. And you dear can select one as well. I do not go back on my promises. Now would you like a platter?”

“No I have eaten at a place that advertised all you can eat for £5.00. They told me not to bother coming back again. I would have done better to come here in the first place.”

“Mum if you want you can finish off our platters as we have had sufficient.”

“Well if you are sure I might just find room for what is left. Lindi & Linzi sorry what must you think of me finishing off their food?”

Isolde. “Is it ok with you and the twins if we call Uncle Rombald Daddy?

The twins giggled. “Daddy are we going for those dresses you promised us?”

Astrid spoke uncle Rombald, “Mother is pleased with your decision on the girls and says you have to get full wardrobes for both girls and as your wife is the same size as their mother she is to get a wardrobe as befits a wife of Rombald.”

The four girls looked at each other. “Mummy can we go now for those dresses daddy promised us?”

Lindi. “We also have to get the girls some clothing. I was wondering though if we ladies could all get a similar dress for tonight when we attend the cathedral.”

Rombald smiled. “I helped build that church many years ago. Did I tell you about finding a man stuck in a bog on Ilkley moor? He was being sucked down to his doom, but all he was doing was praying if he escaped he would devote himself to god. He now works in the Minster. I saw him earlier today. I suppose though he will not recognise me.”

Lindi. “As we are here who wants to see the Roman baths besides Constance? Every hand of the children shot up. Linzi paid the entrance fee and the group went down to look at the baths.

Constance. “Thank you Linzi for treating us.”

Rombald’s’ wife spoke, “Astrid you can come on my shoulders I was after all the first Queens champion and Cleo can go on Rombald’s’ shoulder. It is time the girls had a rest.” With that the group left for Browns department store. They soon found the young miss department. Soon the dresses and clothing where piling up in shopping trolleys.

The sales assistant with an eye for her commission said, “Would you like matching outfits for your young daughters?”

At this Cleo said, “Mummy I need the toilet.”

Astrid went with them to the toilet. Rombald shook his head and wandered off looking at electronic equipment. The salesman came across, “This sir

Is the very latest in home entertainment and is the largest system made. Besides viewing films you can play tapes, CDs, DVD's and even old records. It is very expensive though.”

“I am supposed to be shopping with wife and daughters. This though interests me more. Can you demonstrate it to me please?”

When Rombald’s’ wife returned she asked the girls, “Where is your father?” The girls pointed at the electronic department. Rombald’s’ wife shook her head. “Well girls as your father is not paying attention we will get a few extra items including mother and daughter dresses.

Rombald came back across and spoke. “Dear when you have finished here will you and the girls come across and tell me what you think of the system I was just looking at. I told the salesman I needed a second opinion.”

The girls shot off with Astrid and Cleo in tow. “Our Daddy wanted a second opinion on this.”

Iolanthe. “Wow this is great. Can you connect up games like Play station, X-Box or Wii?

“Yes miss I can demonstrate that if you wish.”

Linzi came across and spoke, “Uncle Rombald this is cool. It would just do for your home.”

“Well I was undecided what to do so I have decided to ask my daughters and nieces present their views. Those for and those against?” There was a sea of hands went up in support of the idea. “Well young man you have just made a sale can you also throw in those three gaming systems and a selection of games the girls can choose.”

The salesman looked at the card Rombald offered. Rombald said, “There are all these dresses and things to go on as well. The sales man called the floor manager who came across.

“Sir there is no problem with your card it is just the sales staff have a limit on what they are allowed to sell without a senior member being present. Would you like everything delivered.”

Astrid. “All but our matching dresses. We would like to change into them here once we have paid for them. Rombald looked at himself. “Err I think perhaps I need a suit and shirt if you are all going to be dressed up.”

The Floor manager. “Certainly sir, while they are ringing everything in I will personally attend to you.”

Rombald wife. “I am coming to as it is not often I get you in a department store. “Oh you have a big selection for the taller man. Rombald I think you had better do some serious shopping while we are here.”

Rombald put on one suit. “This is the one for tonight it will match your dresses perfectly.” The sales manager had already sent the clothes Rombald wife had indicated to keep. Rombald looked at his feet. Do you have a shoe department here and if you have stock size 13 that I take?

The sales manager came back with six boxes. “Theses are all we have in size 13.”

Rombald tried them all and they fit ok. “I will take the lot as I always have difficulty getting shoes. These though I will keep on and my old shoes can go in the box.”

By the time they got back the girls had all changed into their new dresses.

The floor manager spoke, “I have put every thing in one of our vans the card has given us your address. I just want to check we have your address correct as the Stud Middleham.”

Rombald. “That is correct do I owe anything for delivery?”

“No sir our people will deliver it tomorrow and fix up the entertainment system for you.”

With that the group left Browns and made their way to the Cathedral. They found the seats reserved as promised.

The archbishop was taking the evening service. “I like making wishes come true. Today I overheard a young lady from abroad say I wish I could sing in this Church. After my sermon I will ask her to come to the high altar and sing to you. Wishes and praying are the topic for my subject today. Years ago when a young lad I visited Ilkley Moor there I wanted to contemplate my future. I was so engrossed thinking I wandered into a bog and started to sink down. Instead of struggling I prayed to god for help. Well my prayers where answered in the form of a very tall strong man. He dragged me out and took me home. Until a few moments ago I have not seen that man again until I entered the Minster this evening. I see he is sat at the front with the young girl whose wish I am to grant.”

“Well after I had recovered I returned to the moor and tried to find the house I was taken to. I could not find it and when I asked the locals they all told me there was no house in that area. Shortly after this I was in Africa and the wise woman of the village I visited stared at me and said, “You have been touched by the gods.” She explained to me I was destined to do gods work and I had been touched by an angel. Well regardless of if he is man or angel I still class him as a true friend as he came to me in my time of need.” The Archbishop pointed to Astrid and said, “Can you come up here and answer some questions?
Astrid went up to the pulpit and the Archbishop lifted her up and sat her on the edge of the Pulpit. “Now young lady is this you’re Daddy?”

“No sir he is my uncle Rombald and he is neither Angel nor man he is a giant.” This revelation brought laughter from the congregation.

“So your Uncle Rombald is a giant. I would tend to agree with you on that. Well can you tell me why I could not find his home when I looked again?”

“Archbishop I play with my cousins often at the home of Rombald. You must have been mistaken where you thought it was. Perhaps you where disoriented. My Aunt tells us often how Rombald brought you home and she washed and cleaned all your clothes. You borrowed a fleece from Rombald that almost drowned you. You took tea with Rombald and his family before setting off for home. Uncle Rombald is very shy. You would not believe the trouble we had getting him to come today. Then we had trouble getting him out of the Electronic department at Browns.”

“So you are certain Rombald is not an angel?”

Astrid giggled, “Well you have a direct line to heaven. Why do you not ask Michael if Rombald is an angel? Better still ask Michael if you can borrow the Heavenly Choir.”

The Archbishop laughed. “I have no need to ask that question as the choir I have is sufficient. Looking at your cousin it appears she has brought her own backing singers. So I better finish this sermon and will the young ladies take their places. Before I finish though even god in heaven would have to admit this is a Heavenly choir that is appearing before us.”

Soon the steps of the High altar where full of girls in gold dresses. Rombald wife was not left out as she got to conduct the girls. Constance started with the song of David and after the first verse the girls came in and at the third verse the cathedral choir joined them. Eventually the girls came to the end of their selection. The Archbishop was elated and walked towards Rombald. “My friend Rombald you might be a giant of a man, but you is certainly surrounded by Angels. I have a favour to ask the choirs. I would like them and the congregation to sing Happy Birthday and finish off with On Ilkley Moor, as that was where you found and saved me. If you wonder how I found out it was your birthday I do have a direct link with heaven and a little angel told me.” This brought laughter from the entire congregation.

With that the Choirs started with the songs. Rombald had tears streaming from his eyes.

Rombald wife. “Archbishop while we are in York other family members are preparing a birthday party for Rombald. We would like it if you could attend the party.”

Rombald. “John knowing my family they will have already made arrangements for you to come to our place and your return to Bishopthorpe. It appears you are my birthday present from my family?” This comment brought further laughter from the congregation.

One of the choirboys came up to Rombald and said, “Sir the choir have decided to make you an honorary member of the choir. I also know where you live as I have seen your home. I visited it with the choir about a week ago and I saw you on sentry duty.”

The Archbishop started to grin. “Now I know where to find you although it is a long distance from where you rescued me.”

Rombald. “My current home is not where I took you after the accident. These days that place is a ruin and is up for sale for £500,000. My niece no doubt will purchase it from Bradford council as she buys up most of the local land as it becomes available. As for my new home that is not where we will be going. You have though been there once before as a certain brother Benedict has also.

Archbishop John thought for a moment and then said, “The Pope he had been to your home?”

Rombald laughed, “I have just told you that. To my family a friend is a friend regardless of denomination or religion. Ah we are already there. I must leave you now, but two of the little ones will accompany you in.”

The Archbishop visits Rombald home

With that Rombald left his friend and entered a room through some massive brass doors. John sat down on a chair and two kittens entered the room. They both pounced on Archbishop John. Archbishop John rolled both cubs on to their backs and started to stroke them. A little voice spoke, “You will send them to sleep if you continue doing that to them.” Archbishop John looked up.

“Oh Hello Astrid who is your friend? As for these two should they not be on a leash or something?”

“This is my sister Cleo and I do not think mum would approve of these two been on a leash. We have come to tale you into Valhalla. We use it for formal settings and parties these days.”

“Valhalla as in the home of the ancient ones?”

“Well that used to be its purpose. You see Archbishop Grandpa used to be known as Thor. He and his family are the ancient ones as you call them. Do not be scared Cleo and our sisters will look after you. I better show you what else they can be. Astrid tapped them and two little girls appeared.”

“Astrid you meanie we where enjoying being stroked.”

“You two better get in there fast.” The two girls shot of very quickly.

“Now Archbishop John it is not often we get one so high ranking as you here. Now will you take our hands and we will enter Valhalla.

The first thing John noticed was they had entered a massive room with seating all around. A young woman stood in the centre of the room and held her hand out to John.

“Welcome John to our home I am Golden Empress. I understand this is not the first time you have been here. The last time Rombald brought you here. He thought you where in great distress. Had he not found you then you certainly would have been dead. You caused a major problem for my family when Rombald brought you here for most of our people are not allowed to touch mortals.

We needed a human versed in our ways to see to you through the illness that was brought on by you falling into the bog. Well eventually somebody was found in Rwanda and she was brought to care for you. You may well remember her.

Eventually you recovered and both of you returned to your own lives. A while later you visited war torn Rwanda visiting both major tribes the Whotoos and the Tootsies. While there you visited a refugee camp, you failed to recognise the wise woman as the same person who previously had looked after you during your stay with Rombald. You though listen to what she told you. She told you that you would do the lords work and where headed for great things. You promised her help and you raised and sent a considerable amount of money to that refugee camp.

Then later you visited Egypt and while there visited many of the ancient temples and tombs. You visited the ancient temple of Isis and while there you talked to an old crone. She looked to be down on her luck and you decided to share what little you had with her. She realized you had no inkling of whom she was, But then you would not have believed her had she told you who she was. Isis though read your heart and mind. Isis knew you where intended for great things and decided that day she would always help you if she could. It seams you have come across Isis as well as Rombald. Isis also knew your visit was a turning point. Shortly after your visit she had another visitor who instructed her she had to return home. Over the centuries the powers of Isis had weakened until she was no more powerful than a conjurer on stage.”

“One of the first things Isis did after her return home was to ask a favour. She never forgot you and your kindness when you thought she was an old woman. She also told me of your prayer in her temple. You prayed to the living lord and then you went and kissed the statue of Isis. Believe it or not that was the first prayer said in the temple for a long time by a man. Your prayer was heard by Isis who decided to test you out to see if you where worthy of her attention. What a surprise she had. As soon as she saw you she realised you had been marked by Rombald and not only that you where in love with the High priestess of Isis. From that day Isis has taken a personal interest in you Archbishop. Once she returned here she utilised the services of some of our smallest people like Petal here, Petal or her sisters have been watching your back and making sure nothing happens to you.”

Isis came out and spoke, “Archbishop John we the ancient ones have been known by many names. The ancient Celts knew of us and prayed to us. Likewise the Romans when they visited this land did the same. York Minster stands on the site of an ancient temple. Soon Miracles will start happening there as they used to do once before. As I speak to you more of our people are returning to the haunted isles. They like me know they all must return to their ancestral lands. As they arrive so the power of Golden Empress increases. You may ask why do we let wars go on? We could have long ago stopped wars. Man though needs to grow and learn like a child. Sometimes we do help like with the floods in America and Nepal. Just because we normally do not interfere does not mean we will not. The governments of Britain, China & India all long ago decided to accept we where there, but gave up looking for us. America on the other hand had to learn it was futile to search for us and that it might anger others if they did so. After many futile attempts at searching for us even George had to eventually admitted defeat. Others have not fared as well when they tried to harm one of us.”

Cleo. “In Africa some naughty men set traps to hurt me and my sisters. They should have known better than to harm daughters of Isolde the Cat Queen. Then they tried to kill our aunts. They may still be alive but their village is now destroyed. Same in China certain local warlords decided to harm people they suspected of being our people. The most where not related, But at least two where our people. That area of China got a sudden baby boom as their punishment. Mother would not permit them to be executed although they killed and injured many people. In the big church you lifted Astrid up into the pulpit. You joked about the girls to the congregation well the same girls will line up and show you our wings.”

The Archbishop watched as all the little girls grew wings. Sidonie spoke, “Oh we have also grown them as well as Astrid and the others. I thought we only swim.”

The Archbishop did not appear to be shaken by the appearance of the wings. “Astrid no wonder you told me I had a direct link with heaven. I though have some questions for Isolde and hopefully we might prevent something disastrous happening. Isolde by any chance did you live in the desert in an abandoned French fort? Also did a local chief bring some badly injured people to you after they had all been attacked and left for dead? If the answer is yes then one of those attacked and left for dead was my nephew. His father Chief Pluto of the Zulu nation is my brother. My nephew turned up at my house to tell me his father has declared war on those who had attacked his son. They took my son from me and that requires retribution.”

Isolde looked at her daughters and waved her hands. With that all the young girls vanished. “Archbishop your nephew was he as Black as coal and would he have been brought to me by his fathers cousin who is also a chief?

“If your nephew is the one who I think he is then other than emergency treatment there was little I could do but arrange emergency evacuation of those injured.”

“Golden Empress what the Archbishop is not saying is that those who attacked his nephew and left him for dead took a trophy. The Archbishops nephew is more likely to be his niece now. The murder of a chief or son of the Zulu requires blood retribution.”

Astrid and the girls returned with a tall Zulu lady who was as black as coal. “Uncle John the girls they came and brought me here. I have told them what my father is going to do. They also say that they might be able to help me with my problem.”

Golden Empress spoke, “Those responsible have already been dealt with. Brunhilda will you and your sister’s ride again to prevent the Chief making a major mistake. In fact take Isolde with you. Do not harm the Zulu but send them home. The Chiefs cousin can assure the Chief Pluto that he already has removed the lives of those responsible for this crime and others. Now Princess I take it that you where the only son and as such your Uncle John is now chief in waiting? Am I also correct in thinking as a daughter you are now only considered as a possible means of your family allying themselves to another tribe?”

“It would normally be the case, but because of modern technology all other tribes know what happened to me. I am now a nothing as I cannot give my father a son and as a daughter I still cannot give him a child. No chief will take me as a wife. Not even as a second or third wife. Uncle John has been kind and he says the Lord has something in mind for you. I though do not worship his god. Like most in my tribe we worship the mother goddess. I might have to go and see if I will be accepted at her temple.”

The Archbishop spoke, “I have no doubt that you would be accepted as a disciple of the mother goddess. However what would you say if I could arrange a spouse for you who would not mind you once where male?”

“Uncle, father would be pleased if you could find somebody. I will not deceive anybody. I would have to tell the person concerned I was once male.”

Golden Empress smiled and then spoke, “Actually I know your uncle is friends with a priestess of Isis. How would you feel if you had to live in a harem with other females and was instructed never to kiss or have sex with anybody outside the compound?”

“Madame I do not know you, but you appear to be a friend of uncle John. It is not possible for me to have sex with anybody. As for living with females for the rest of my life if you know a place like that I would jump at the chance.”

Rombald grinned and then said, “Princess your uncle owes me a life. I can find a home for you with a relation of mine. I doubt that what has happened to you will bother them much. I am sure your uncle will agree to your placement. Now Princess I see you like my nieces all are looking very tired I suggest you go with them to lay down while we negotiate your dowry.

The archbishop cracked out laughing, “Rombald you old fraud telling the child we would negotiate a dowry.”

Brunhilda returned with Zulu chief.

“Have I missed much? Isolde thought we had better bring the two chiefs along.” One chief looked around and smiled. The other was trembling away.

Golden Empress spoke, “Your brother has been attempting to find a suitable partner for your child Chief. We where just about to discuss the dowry that is required.”

“Brother you obviously do not know with whom you are dealing. These ladies who brought us here are not mortal like us. You do not seem afraid of them and neither is our cousin, but I am as I remember reading the ancient Germanic saga. Those who came to stop us can only be the ancient warrior queens. My child is of no use to them as he was born male.”

Golden Empress spoke, “Chief you are quite correct these are the Hell Maidens of old. They where led by Isolde the Cat queen who previously arranged transport for your child. Your child needs somebody nearer her own age. What is she 19-20?
“21”

“Good then we had better continue with the arrangements.”

The Archbishop looked at Rombald and said, “Ok now to settle the amounts of Goats, Cattle, Silk act.”
Rombald came out with some ridicules figures. The Archbishop saw his brother look glum. “No Rombald that is far too high.”

Brunhilda handed the chiefs a stein of beer. As it got empty it was refilled.

Golden Empress then spoke to Rombald. “Your guests have fallen asleep so can you accommodate them and we will discuss terms in the morning.

The following morning Gwen awoke to find lots of little arms around her. She got out of bed and kissed each child. Gwen soon found the bathroom and took a shower. She was surprised when she found new clothing laid out for her and then she spotted Petal. “Stop there, thank you for the clean clothes.”

Petal spoke, “You have already made your decision I saw you kiss the children. By now the mistress will also know. I promise you have made the correct decision. Your family fell asleep trying to sort your dowry out. Personally I think it should be set at a kiss each off your new family.”

Gwen giggled. “And a feast for all our tribes.”

“In that case can Petal claim her kiss now. Petal not likes to do it in front of others like Uncle Rombald. You become companion of Petals big sister. Petal also companion of sister.”

“I thought Uncle John was arranging for me to be companion to Rombald.”

“Silly Rombald knows you can only go to one place. You already gone to bed with little princesses. Lucky you not man. Queen would be cross if man sleeping with little princesses.”

As Gwen kissed Petal Gwen was gripped with a very bad tummy ache. Gwen shot back to the toilet.

Petal entered with a drink and said, “Take this it will help.” Petal recognises signs of red face and tummy ache. As Gwen wiped herself dry she freaked out when she noticed the blood.

Eventually Gwen calmed down. “Is today Princess Gwen first time? You like Golden Empress start at new moon.”

“Yes Petal today is Princess Gwen first time. For a day or two I have being feeling strange. I was not expecting what happened and I thought I must have damaged something.”

There was a knock on door and Sidonie entered the chamber. We have all been informed you have decided to stay with us and the dowry was a kiss for each of us. So we decided to be among the first.”

Petal. “Hi Sidonie I see you have brought your crew.”

Gwen giggles. “Petal you make it sounds as if Sidonie is a captain.

“We wondered if you might like to come for a swim with us in our pool?”

“Err I would like to swim with you all, But at the moment it might not be a good idea.”

Constance. “Is today your first bleeding time? I remember my first time and it came as a shock to me. I thought I had damaged something and was going to die. I found going in the pool helped me relax better.”
Gwen cuddled Constance. “How did you all know have I a neon light saying it was my first time?”

Sidonie replied, “Not quite, But your face is flushed and you had very bad tummy ache. We are not kidding when we say a good soak will help you. Also we have heightened smell receptors and we all know who is on and who is not.”

At the pool Gwen realised the other females where swimming with nothing on. “Oh, Oh I was not expecting that.”

Lady Helen approached the group. “Sidonie I see you have brought a new friend who is she?

“Lady Helen this is Gwen she has just had a shock and we thought a long relaxing soak here with us all would do wonders for her confidence.”

“Hi Gwen I am the resident doctor who looks after all this lot. So you decided to join us permanently. I will have to give you a full medical, but that can wait a day or two. Oh dear the red light has come on and so we will all have to get out of the pool.” Quickly all the females scrambled out and got dried.”

Astrid appeared at the side of Gwen. “Neptune quite forgets himself once he is in water. Look at them all wrestling. We will watch them for a while.”

“You are one of the little ones that I found cuddling up to me when I awoke.”

“You kissed us while we slept so we demand another one. Now we will just watch the boys for a minute or two and then we will have to go and put a stop to their fighting. They have even got your father and uncle involved in the fighting.”

Cleo appeared, “Weapons already prepared and armed Astrid.”

Gwen looked shocked. You do not intend to harm them do you”?

Helen handed Gwen two water cannons. “These are yours as you have to go with the little ones on the attack.”

Gwen noticed some tall girls in the group. “Do you mind if I join this section. You all appear to be my height. I am Gwen a Zulu Princess our tribe tends to grow tall.”

Isolde and Iolanthe giggled. “Yes so does our tribe so you are welcome to join us these are our sisters.”

“Do they always act silly like this or is it for my benefit?”

Iolanthe said, “Actually we have not been long here ourselves. We came on a trip and found we have moved permanently here. Our mum is still adjusting to our new surroundings. Astrid here is the better one to ask about procedures here. Oh Justine is also arming the reserve team.

Justine came across and said, “This is two good a chance not to bag them all at once. Of course once we get in the water they all will have committed a serious breach of etiquette.”

Astrid giggled, “Just wait for Andorra and the matrons to arrive. Justine this is Gwen she is joining our team.

“Err I hope to but it depends on what sort of dowry is required for me. Dad may be a chief, but he does not have a lot of actual money, he has used what he had for the benefit of the tribe.”

Justine. “Oh the Zulu operate a big man policy. Your father has given to the tribe now they will give it all back. So do not worry over the dowry that is just a formality. It is far to late now as you have slept with the little ones and so will have to join us.”

“Ha Justine mum has arrived along with the matrons.” Astrid nodded her head and wave after wave of little girls attacked the men. Then Justine went in with the adults.

Astrid approached her Grandmother and said, “Look the boys are fighting again and they are all wet.”

A bright flare shot into the sky and exploded. Andorra spoke. “Boys fighting again in front of queens. Not only that but you are all wet & you know what that means. Rombald I am shocked at you. Normally you are such a gentleman. Regardless the girls have caught you all fighting.”

Rombald. “But Andorra they all attacked us. So we should not be punished. Prior to that we where only practising our wrestling moves.”

Andorra. “Your guests will not be punished but you boys should know better. The children have already decided your punishment.”

The chief’s cousin spoke. Madame we could not agree on the dowry and so as our tradition dictates we must wrestle to decide what the dowry should be. Normally we would do it in the river or the sea, but here it has to be in the pool.”

Oberon. “Golden Empress we where only helping your guests with their tradition. Perhaps we should have gone down to the lake. Knowing how your information gets around though we would have still been attacked there. Until we got attacked by Astrid’s hordes we had a stalemate and neither side was winning. I instructed my brothers to make the fight fair we could only use our strength and not magical powers.”

Golden Empress tried to look stern. “So Neptune you decided to upset our tradition to help the chief with his problem. Oberon at least you had sense enough to ensure your brothers fought fairly. Chief you need to choose a champion from your team. As the dispute was not settled one of those who fought with you will represent you. I will then choose the opponent. If your representative fails to fight then Rombald side wins the argument on the dowry.”

The chief chose Draco. “I know this gentleman is one of yours but he did join my side to even the odds.”

Golden Empress spoke “Draco you are the chiefs champion. Astrid suggests I should select Justine.”

“But Golden Empress you know I am forbidden from fighting Justine.”

“Draco tough, if you do not fight you loose. If you do fight and win then Andorra will not punish you. On the other hand if you loose then you have to spend a month with Andorra doing her bidding. Now as this is my instruction nobody can object to that”

Brunhilda and Freya taunted Draco saying, “We never thought we would see the day the great Draco was afraid to take on Justine. If Golden Empress had not chosen Justine I would have volunteered to take you on. It is time one of us took you in hand.”

Never one to miss an opportunity Draco said, “What has got into you Brunhilda. I know Justine and I have fought often. But you always considered it an unfair fight and so never challenged me. Tell you what I will fight you for the feast. If you win I provide it and if I win you provide the feast for the celebration.”

Draco and Justine went at it hammer and tongs both of them quite forgot they had an audience. The Archbishop shouted “stop this at once.” As he shouted Draco managed to get Justine on her back. Brunhilda did not give Draco time to recover. This time Brunhilda got Draco on his back.

“You forget Draco I know all your weaknesses like I know Justine’s weaknesses.”

Andorra spoke, “Draco Golden Empress did not authorise the second fight and so you have just earned a month in my school.”

Draco laughed, “It will be worth it. At least I can now admit Brunhilda has fought me. Even if it was after I had just fought Justine. If Brunhilda wants to I will fight her when I am fresh rather than tired. Astrid and Cleo launched themselves at Draco and he ended up on his back again. The girls tickled Draco. “Ok I submit.”

Andorra shook her head. “Perhaps I should make that two month Draco.”

The Archbishop looked at Draco and then spoke. “I am a little perplexed you where known as Thor among other names. You where famed for your fighting skills. Yet you appeared scared stiff when Andorra pronounced judgment on you for fighting.”

Astrid. “Archbishop, Grandpa Draco does have a wild streak in fact some here call him the one who is wrong in the head. He needs to learn that he did not need to accept the challenge. Andorra may have given the impression she is the big boss, But that job lies elsewhere. Grandpa Draco does not mind looking after all the little ones. That is why we decided to fight him. He is a real softy as far as we are concerned. You came here to celebrate Rombald birthday. Somehow we have got distracted with one thing and another. Archbishop your former nephew will stay with us. Now to both chiefs. Chief Pluto your cousin helped carry the sentence out on your son’s murders so your blood vendetta should be appeased. Your cousin is already in the employment of Queen Isolde. From this day Princess Gwen of the Zulu will become one of my companions. Unlike leaders of other tribes I am not bothered if Gwen was once male. Your tradition allows for females to fight in battle alongside males. Your people are among the tallest of the African people. I noticed Gwen quickly allied herself with the daughters of Rombald. So I have decided Gwen shall stay with the daughters of Rombald.”

“Astrid I did not mind you and the little ones snuggling up to me.”

The chief looked at Astrid and then at the child he was holding the hand of. “Err is there more than one Astrid. How else can you be here and over there.”

As he watched the child started to grow taller. “As I said previously Gwen has been accepted by me. She also made personal prayers to the mother goddess to help her. Well those prayers have been answered. I will return to your country in nine days time to formally accept Gwen as a companion. You are very lucky Rombald and Isis has touched your brother. Now chief I apologise for my little joke. There are times that I find looking like Astrid has benefits.”

Draconaris held his hand out, “Chief Pluto you are now my friend. Like your brother and cousin you have now been touched. Isolde told me your son went down fighting and took many of his attackers out. Isolde has brought a witness to the attack to tell you what happened?

A terrified Negro girl was brought into the centre of the room. She looked around and was clearly scared.

“Girl I Chief Pluto of the Zulu I am told you saw what happened to my son tell me now.”

“Jamil the mini coach driver pretended to breakdown near the village. The villagers attacked the group thinking they would be easy pickings. Your son was a real hero taking at least nine out and seriously damaging many others. He got knocked out with a war club. The villagers thought he was dead and so took his manhood as a trophy. They did so because they had great respect for him as a hero. Your cousin was with a hunting party and found the dead and injured after hearing the sound of battle.”
“Chief Pluto I have much to tell you. I am Princess Mara of the Lion People and we are closely related to the Masi. I recognised the markings on your son the first day I met him. I telephoned my father and told him I was on holiday with a Zulu prince. Father was pleased and stated perhaps this time I would get what I most desired. I though did something I am not proud of I deliberately seduced and enticed the prince to my bed with the intention of getting pregnant.. The morning of the attack on us, I told your son I was with child by him. Much to my shock he was happy and said father will be pleased I have finally started a family. When the attack happened I took out two of three of the Enemy, but eventually like your son I was knocked out. Those bandits with their throat slit I am responsible for. It was the first time I have ever taken any life. I spent a long time with the cat people recovering for they are similar to me. Had not your cousin appeared on the scene then I have no doubt the villagers would have finished us all off.”

Chief Pluto looked the young woman up and down and then he smiled. “You young lady like a true lioness defended your chosen mate and your unborn cubs. My son may no longer be with us but through you his bloodline continues on. You shall come live with me as my daughter if you so desire. Your children shall be chief after me. From now you are Princess Mara of the Zulu. My son made a good choice in you as you stood by him. Unlike your tribe once a Zulu beds a woman they are bonded for life.”

Isolde came across, “the entire dead and injured where brought to me. Mara was the only one who was conscious. She showed me the two lion’s fangs she carries as a chief’s daughter. With those as her only weapons she sent many warriors on their way that day. Mara stayed with me learning the ways of the cat people and helped when the same tribe attacked my sisters. In retaliation their village was raised to the ground and those who survived taken as slaves. Mara told me she had taken this trip to decide if she should break with tradition and become a priestess for the earth goddess.

Chief Pluto looked at the young woman. “Our priestess is elderly and will not last many more moons. As priestess you would have to inhibit your carnal desires, as no man would be allowed to touch you. I take it you are willing to train for that position? As my son is no longer here I take full responsibility for my grand children. I will write to your father and say how brave you where. The Zulu and Lion people are now one.”

Mara burst into tears. “I thought you would be cross about the way I got you son to come to bed with me.”

Pluto shook his head, “Child many moons ago I did the same thing and ended up with a lovely wife. She will help you through the coming months. What you have showed me is you have determination and courage to do what needs doing. My cousin told me how many bodies had had their life force ripped out of them. Your heart though is neither with my cousin nor me that I realise. I presume you know my son is now my daughter Gwen. She is to become a companion of a great Queen. Perhaps she might also consider Princess Mara of the Zulu as a companion. Then your children would have both parents to look after them. Regardless of what you decide there is a home for you with the Zulu.

Rombald spoke, “While you consider the options perhaps you should stay with my daughters. They will help you make your mind up.”
The trip to the Ice Rink.

Several days later after the party Saphira came and found Sidonie they went looking for Gaby to inform her about the trip to the ice rink. “We are all going on a trip to the ice rink at Bradford. Linzi has just told me.”

Cindy and her sisters entered the room. “We have come to put something warm on as it will be cold where we are going.” They noticed others where also getting prepared.

Constance spoke, “Hi this will be my first time will some of you go round with me?

Miss Friberg spoke, “I am sure Kirsty will be your partner Constance.” Soon they all boarded the coach and noticed Lindi was the driver.

“We thought Linzi was our driver.”

“Girls she has gone with the other coach as we have extra passengers today. Your school friends are bringing their hosts with them.”

Constance noticed Gaby Bond and her friends had also boarded the coach.

Gaby spoke, “We thought as there was spare seats we might as well join you. It is quit a while since any of us went ice skating.”

Soon they saw the other coach had pulled in and children & adults where boarding it. Once everybody was on board the two coaches set off down the Aire Valley Motorway for the Ice rink.

Soon they where at Saltaire and the coaches negotiated the roundabout and went straightforward on the A650. They passed Bradford City football ground. There must have been a match on because the police where out in force. Sidonie spoke, “Look at those police horses they have visors on their heads.”

Gaby. “Bradford City are playing Leeds United today it is a local derby football match. The visors are to protect the horses if there is trouble. We turned right just past the traffic lights and then follow the road round and turn in to Little Horton Road.”

The coaches pulled up outside the Ice rink. There appeared to be some empty or derelict shops close by. They went up four steps and through some rubberised doors. They found the lift was not working so they all had to climb the 48 steps to the Ice rink. Linzi went ahead and got the tickets for the children and then she and Lindi handed them out. They soon found the changing area which was round to the left. There they handed their tickets over, and in exchange were given a pair of Ice Skates. They then went and put their ice skates on. Some of them had the snap fastening type while others had the lace up type. Sidonie noticed Gaby had brought her own boots.

Sidonie. “Wow Gaby you look like a professional dancer in that outfit.”

Gaby giggled. “I take lessons down here. So far I have only got to grade seven. Look I will show you my certificates.” Gaby pulls a folder out of her bag.

“Wow, will we be allowed to come for lessons. I would like to learn properly.”

Constance found it strange walking on a thin piece of metal. Linzi took her hand and they went on the ice together. Linzi showed Constance what to do. How to fall, How to do Lemon drops and bunny hops. Then she had Constance doing the moves backwards crossovers. The ice rink its self was in need of a coat of paint. However the children where enjoying themselves. Constance noticed Astrid was also there. Astrid skated across.

“Hi Constance when we heard you had gone here we persuaded Grandpa Snow to bring us here. We came via the portal. Grandpa is enjoying himself here he says it reminds him of his mountain top home in the land of the skirted men. Linzi do you mind if I take Constance to meet Grandpa Snow?”

“No Astrid that is ok. I am going to the café and getting a hot chocolate. I will be sat in there if you want me.”

Linzi joined Lindi in the café and they both watched through the windows. Some of their group where showing off. Others it was obvious it was their first time on the ice. One by one the children all came back to Linzi. Kirsty spoke, “Have you seen Constance skate? She told me she had never been on the ice before.”

Linzi said, “That is quite true. I just showed her a few things to do.”

“Err Linzi do you mind showing me how to do them?

Lindi. “She has only just come off the ice and got a drink. I will show you and then you can rejoin your friends.

A white haired gentleman skated up to Lindi and Said, “Na then Lindi, Woo ist kinder?”

“Sir I am Kirsty Friberg von Oberon and I do speak English. Your German was bad. Who might you be?

Lindi giggled, “Astrid and the others call him Grandpa Snow. We all give him the same title. As for the words he speaks he is used to speaking in Yorkshire dialect and that sometimes comes out as bad German.”

“Mein namen ist Kirsty Friberg von Oberon. Ich sprech Deutch und English.”

“Well young lady your name tells me which of my sons is your Grandpa. You may refer to me as Grandpa Snow. I am supposed to be looking after a horde of little dragons. They appear to be enjoying themselves. I think I will come here again as it is nice and cool here.”

Kirsty thinks then says, “Oberon is my Grandpa, Neptune has given me a bracelet and I have to call him the old man. In Roman & Greek Mythology you would be called Zeus or Jupiter. Chromos was a titan and the father of Zeus”

Snow clapped his hands. “Well done now do you know the names of the Fay queens young lady?

“I am not sure of the order but there is Little Astrid, Golden Empress which can be several people including Gaby &Alexis, Galadrial, Titania and Tatiania. Then there is big Astrid who goes by another name. I did not know there was a snow dragon. Mother taught me Draconaris led the red dragons or wyverns. There are many different colours. And most colours are associated with an element. Blue for Air, Green for sea, Brown and green for Earth. Red and Yellows for fire. All ruled by the Golden dragon. Or in other words Golden Empress and her siblings.”

“Mum had me study all religions and their beliefs. They all have one thing in common. That is a belief in either a supreme god or gods. Some religions have kindly gods while others had very scary ones. After seeing Brunhilda in a strop there is no wonder some prayed for salvation from bad tempered gods.”

Snow laughed, “Lindi you can leave this one with me. She is a free spirit and speaks her mind. I like that in my grand children.”

“Grandpa when mum and I boarded the coach I was not expecting to be staying in England. I like it though and I like to play with Astrid she is fun to be with. I had more family on the coach than I first realised. I teased the daughters of the Rhine maidens. They are now my friends. The Golden Empress and Astrid are easy to recognise in all their forms from the aura they exude. Even when they are in human form they can be scary, but yet I like them. They are human enough to play practical jokes, but serious enough if an emergency arose. Astrid and Cleo managed to persuade Lord Tigger to come into the centre of the village. I was a little scared, but mom was close and she would not let any harm come to me. It was funny though when Astrid, Cleo and the kittens all launched themselves at Tiger.”

What appeared to be two teenage girls skated across to Snow and spoke, “Hi Snow have you been adding another to your nest?”

Snow looked at them and replied, “I will have you know I am spending time with my grand daughters.”

“Sorry we where only teasing. Hope we are not embarrassing you but you appear to be leaking. How old is your baby?”

“I do not have any baby. This started a few days ago and I was too embarrassed to mention it. I am only 15 years old and have never been with a man.”

The women smiled and said Snow she had better come with us and we will sort her out” In the changing room one of the women brought some breast pads out of her bag and handed them to Kirsty. These will keep you dry in future.

“Thanks very much. I appear to be ok until just after lunch time and my breasts fairly expand. The funny thing is they are back to normal in the morning.”

The two women looked at each other, “Kirsty are you Fay, Dragon or Eagle? Have you had any strange sleeping companions?”

“I suppose I am Fay, mum is and I was her son Kurt, I started to change back at home and now I appear to be Kirsty all the time. I woke up a few days ago sneezing I was covered in chicks. Each night since then they have slept with me. Mum spotted them one night and said I looked like a great eagle. She went away laughing. I doubt that I could get to sleep without the chicks now.”

“Kirsty I could not understand how they could be so full of energy. Now I understand fully. Kirsty we both had problems feeding the chicks and it appears they think you are their feeding station.”

One of the women snapped her finger and a cue of little girls appeared. “Girls this is Kirsty she is Fay and has a leakage problem.”

“Sorry Kirsty we thought we could get a drink at night with out you realising what we where doing when our mums had a problem. None of us chicks realised it would cause you problems during the day.”

Kirsty smiled, “I actually like you all snuggling up to me and with your mothers’ permission hope you will continue. I though am still left with the milk problem.”

At this point Karen appeared and said, “Milk problem Kirsty?”

“Mum it is nothing the chicks discovered I am producing a little amount of milk and helped themselves to it while I slept. Apparently it is the nearest to their mums milk that they like.”

Karen smiled and said, “Kirsty I will be back in a minute or two do not agree to anything till I get back. There is some thing I want to check out.”

Karen returned a short time later with Helen. “Kirsty I have assured your mother that there is no health issues concerning you and it will be ok for you to feed the chicks. In fact I would recommend Karen that you give serious consideration to feeding some of the chicks. Breast feeding will certainly inhibit you from getting pregnant.”

“Actually Helen that is a good reason to start, But I can not just tell my body to start lactating like that.”

“No mum but you can make yourself look like me and the chicks will be all over you. Regardless I have decided I do not like being wet and so will borrow two to dry me out. I will take them out in a pram so that they are with me when I feel the need to feed them. If their mums agree then the chicks can rotate so each of them gets a day with me. At night they all can still do their thing as I could not get to sleep without them.”

Karen turned too the chicks and spoke, “Well would you like me to look like Kirsty? Do you also want me to become a surrogate mum like Kirsty apparently become?”

One of the chicks spoke, “There is a shortage of Eagle partners we could go to. We tried the Mermaids and while they are willing to feed us the milk did not taste right. We discovered Fay milk is similar to our mums. But all the older Fay already are caring for somebody. We got excited when we discovered a young Fay. Sorry Kirsty we should have asked, instead we helped ourselves.” As they where talking Opal and Crystal appeared.

Opal launched herself at Karen. “I thought I was alone with our cousin Crystal. We got adopted by three Rhine maidens. Now I am happy I have a sister again or should it be two? I left home long ago looking for you Karen. Dad was in a right strop when you left. I though nearly wet myself when you called him an over grown pumpkin.”

“Oh Opal I have already discovered father has already married me off in my absence. Kirsty here is my daughter and we have just decided to help these chicks out who are the children of our Eagle cousins. The chicks need surrogate mums to help them out and apparently Fay are the best to help them.”

“Well count me in and Crystal here will also help. I do not relish going home just yet. Just imagine what dad would say if we each turned up with a couple of babies, Especially feathered ones” This brought about giggling from the girls.

One of the chicks threw herself at Crystal who caught her. “I like you. Your feet are like grandmas. Are you going to help look after us. Our mums have got something called broodyitis. So they can no longer feed us like they used to. We had to look elsewhere for a good feed.”

Karen started to chuckle. “Broodyitis I have heard of that disorder. As it is obvious you all need help, I think we can help you out with. At least I am a mum.”

Crystal spoke, “Yes I have also heard of brooditis, but I thought it was a disease hens caught.”

Opal spoke, “It is but other foul also can catch it. Chicks I will help you if you want. Hopefully your mums will find the cure although there only is one sure cure to my knowledge. Until then I will also help you. Karen If our father turns up perhaps we could tease him by pretending theses are ours.”

The chick spoke, “We did not think to look at the Hobbits. But seeing as she is your Sister we will share her with you. We should have enough with the four of you looking after us. We still want to sleep in Kristy’s nest though.”

Crystal spoke, “Karen the other hobbits informed me our father has arranged the marriage of all his daughters be they Hobbit or Fay. I for one do not want to be married off to somebody just as a political alliance.”

One of the Chicks spoke, “Is that Oberon you are talking about? One of your sisters avoided his ruling by becoming a companion of Golden Empress like our mums. She could not help us as she all ready has a new flight of her own.”

Karen’s ears picked out the words a new flight. “So at least one of our sisters has more than one child.”

“The hobbits all come under the control of our sister Astrid. So we did not even consider they could help us. Dragon milk gives us a little to much Zip but we will have it if there is no other choice. Astrid and the other sisters are busy skating.”

Golden Empress came skating up. “We decided to bring the family. I see the chicks have found you all. Have you accepted their proposal?”

Karen looked at Golden Empress, “Is it true some of my sisters are already your companions? As for the chicks I think their proposal could have mutual benefits. It appears the chicks are able to bring whom they desire into milk. Father knows full well normally only married Fay can do that. So we should have no difficulty-convincing father we all have children. Especially if he happens to catch us suckling them.”

Opal started to giggle again, “Sorry Karen we should be asking Golden Empress if she minds us as companions. It would be nice for our sister if we where there for her if she has a new flight. Also we all have promised these chicks we would help look after them. I still can not get the image of Father as an overgrown pumpkin out of my head.”

“I had a argument with Oberon a long time ago. I called him a pompous over inflated pumpkin. I left home that night. Eventually I found myself with the Rhine maidens. We all knew what each other were. I got a job teaching. To this day I am not sure how Kirsty came about. I was careful with whom I associated.”

“Mum you always told me my dad might have been a boy that saved you at the Rhone Glacier.”

“Kirsty I know I told you that, But for him to have been your father would have required him to have been Fay. I do know I slipped and fell into the Rhone. He dragged me out and gave me artificial respiration.”

“Mum you told me it was like a long wondrous kiss you did not want to stop.” The chicks where all giggling. “Mum you told me you would have married him like a shot, but you also where concerned what Grandpa would say if you married a mortal.”

Constance came skating across. “Did I just here you correctly? You also fell into the Rhone. Sephrena dragged me out or I would have been dead. You where lucky Karen, that the boy who dragged you out of the Rhone must have been very hot to stand the intense cold of that river. The cold of the water in the Rhone can kill within a very short time.”

Karen thought. “Now I think about it I was freezing but he soon warmed me up. I did not even consider the intense cold could have killed me. Nine months later to the day I gave birth to Kirsty. It was like he breathed fire into me. I never did get his address. I do know he was a student from England.”

Oberon appeared. Karen’s face was a picture. “Hi Golden Empress, I heard these had turned up. Now let me look at my grand daughter.” Oberon hugs Kirsty and looks at her wrists. Karen you must be the densest of my daughters. Your daughter’s wrists tell me who sired her. I must say though I am surprised you caught that one. Well as you bear his child you will now have to formally accept him as your partner. Now what about you others?”

Opal looked Oberon in the eye. “Father we now have these babies to care for. So we can not be used as a political bartering item.”

Oberon grinned, “So Opal these are yours?”

“Father I would not be able to feed them if they where not. See this one is hungry.” Opal puts one of the chicks to her breast. Eventually the chick came off with her mouth covered in milk.”

Crystal. “We all fell for the same parent.”

Oberon picked one of the chicks up. “Have you ever suckled on any of these ladies?”

“Yes I have I will not lie to you. Are you my grumpy grandpa? Snowdrop says her babies also have a grumpy one, but she is looking after her babies.”

Oberon let out a low growl and walked away.

Karen picked the chick up and kissed her and then noticed the marking on the chick. “Kirsty come over her and let me compare you marks? No wonder father was laughing. You chicks have the same dad as Kirsty.”

Two girls with snow-white hair appeared again and the chicks ran to them.

Karen. “Greetings cousins or should it be sisters? It appears we have the same taste in men and yet none of us wishes to be with one. The chicks have explained you both have gone down with a bad case of broodyitis. It appears the chicks have already been sleeping with their half sister Kirsty.”

“ Yes cousin we have just been informed uncle Oberon has gone off in a huff. Girls it is not nice to say we have gone down with broodyitis.”

“Mum you told us yourself your nipples where sore and you thought you where going down with broodyitis. We where worried about you. Somebody told us there was only one known cure.”

Karen looked at the two females, “We four have agreed to look after the chicks while you both recover. I believe the recovery period is around nine months for such as you. Now perhaps you can help me I need to find the father of the chicks. I have to tell him he has a daughter by me.”

The chicks where giggling away. One of the chicks spoke, “We do not get to see daddy, and we only have lots of mummies. If you skate across to Golden Empress put your arms round her neck and kiss her. She might tell you where he is or even show you.”

One of the mothers said, “No do not do that.” But it was too late Karen had already done it.” Girls it looks like Karen also has gone down with broodyitis.”

Karen surfaced from kissing Golden Empress. “Dragon breath that is what the boy revived me with Dragon breath.” With that Karen went in for a second helping. Karen surfaced. “Golden Empress I think I must be addicted to Dragon breath. I could do this forever. The last time a dragon did that to me was 16 years ago. I ended up having Kirsty to a dragon lord. He must be a son of Draconaris. I should ask Draconaris if he has or had a son.”

“Karen Lord Draconaris has already recognises Kirsty as his grandchild. You do realise you have just embraced me twice on the ice in full view of all family members. You do realise like Snowdrop before you that you have just bonded with me.”

Karen grinned and spoke, “Golden Empress actually I am already bond with your brother for he breathed dragon breath into me. It is my duty to find him ant inform him I had his child. I believe the boy did not know he was Draco’s son and how he gave me a child. You as his sister I promise to be a companion of until the end of our days or if your brother returns.”

“Karen my brother will never return as he is unable to. You though have kissed me twice. You also have verbally bound yourself to me. All my brother’s partners and children have now become mine. Now would you like to make it third time lucky and give me another kiss?”

Kirsty skated across. “Mum your cousins say you also have gone down with broodyitis like the chicks mums.”

Golden Empress started to chuckle. “Kirsty neither the chicks mums nor yours have a disorder called broodyitis. They all though have a similar condition in that they are all feeling the urge to nest. Karen I must apologise to you on behalf of my brother. I can honestly say he had no idea he was what he was. Had he known about you then you Karen would have been his first wife instead of Chris. My brother had no idea that giving you the kiss of life also would give you a new life in another way.”

Kirsty looked at them both, “My mum until recently herself had no idea how I came about. Mum has always been puzzled as she maintained she never ever slept with any man. It is only since being here we have both learned that a kiss in water was all it took with a boy dragon.”

Karen looked at Golden Empress and spoke, “Your brother I would have liked to know him. I have to believe you when you say he is not around. If I become your partner will you accept Kirsty as your daughter?” Karen noticed the sparkling in Alexi’s eyes. Karen embraced Golden Empress for the third time. “Golden Empress that naughty brother of yours came to me in my sleep. He told me to kiss you thrice on the ice. I did his bidding and I enjoyed the kissing. My father used to call me the ice maiden for I rejected all the suitors he proposed for me. I realise there are only Snow and Draco who are male dragons. Can female dragons create new life like the boy Alex did?”

“Karen some can, but not all female dragons can do that. I like some of my sisters have that ability.

Kirsty is already sleeping with her younger sisters. Thrice you kissed me as Golden Empress. No longer are you the Ice maiden but now number one Fay companion.”

Snowdrop and the Fay sisters of Karen appeared, “Karen Golden Empress has made you number one Fay companion because your child is the oldest child of her Fay companions. We your blood sisters accept you to our fellowship. Your bad case of Alexitis should only last around nine months as you have embraced Golden Empress on water.”

“Now then sisters you are wrong. I have never embraced Golden Empress while I was in on water.”

Kirsty giggled, “Mum my sisters tell me their father embraced you while you where soaked through and that is how I came about. Also you cannot deny you have just embraced Golden Empress, as we all saw you. Well you have embraced her on ice and ice as we all know is frozen water. It looks like there will be plenty of children for me to play within the future.”

Sidonie and sisters skated across with Lindi and some other females. Karen recognised Andorra and curtsied. “No need of that Karen. Did the first kiss warm you through? The second one would make you quiver from head to toe. The third seals your fate for all eternity. You are now truly bonded with Golden Empress and all her sisters. As I speak you should be hearing voices. Those voices are the children practising their skills on you. I can see by the smile on your face I am correct. Other sisters will eventually join you.”
Sidonie spoke, “We are in for a baby boom Karen as our mums have also bound themselves in water. The old Valkerie also have done likewise. Except two could not wait & gave birth immediately. There are others who have yet to take the final step.” A lady came up to the group and spoke with Sidonie.

“I was wondering if you would help me with the tiny ones Sidonie.”

“Sorry I do not think we have met. I am Gwen of the Zulu. I have been helping with the little ones at the swimming pool.”

Karen holds her hand out and feels an electric shock. “We both should be having our babies around the same time Karen.”

“Actually I was there when your marriage was arranged. Although there was that many of us there you might not remember me. I noticed you have made friends with the daughters of Rombald. Are you looking forward to your formal marriage back in Zululand?”

“To be honest I am rather nervous. The wedding of a Zulu princess is totally different to that of a prince. Father has already sent invites out to honoured guests. These include the Lion people of Princess Mara. I am nervous about Mara’s father. He must have heard what happened to me. I am also worried over Mara. She after all is carrying my children.”

Karen took Gwen by the hand. “Come we will go to the bar and have word with the boys. They appear to be quaffing back copious amounts of Old Peculiar.” (Old Peculiar is a strong beer produced by Theakstons in Masham.) Karen and Gwen went to the bar. “Father and Uncles Gwen here is nervous about her wedding and also needs some sound advice.”

Neptune handed them each a half pint of the same brew. “I do not consider it seemly for female to be drinking pints, but you might find you like a half each.”

Gwen took a sip. “I have had this previously, some student friends bought me some one time when we where walking the hills and dales of Yorkshire. We tried to see who could drink the most. I dropped out at 13 or 14 pints of the stuff. The lad who won managed 21 pints. The following morning he had one heck of a hangover. Sorry you do not need to know that.”

Rombald pointed to a chair. “As a normal human you did well to drink so much. Even I would be wary of drinking that amount. Now Karen says you are nervous. I suppose it is to be expected it is your big day.”

“No it is not the wedding it is my concerns over Mara that trouble me. I was a Zulu prince when I got her pregnant. I know father has made her Princess Mara of the Zulu. I am still worried over her welfare and what will happen to her. She is after all a princess of the Lion people in her own right. I think I must have been hallucinating because I was sure Mara turned into a great she cat and tore the throats out of those who tried to do me further harm.”

Draconaris called Cleo across and said, “Gwen this is my Grand daughter Cleo she is the youngest daughter of Isolde the Cat Queen. Cleo can you show Gwen some of your others forms?”

“Grandpa this is the latest I learned from Lord Tigger. I can do my lion form better and Astrid showed me how to become a little dragon. Are you worried about Mara, Gwen? You know she still loves you although you are now in a female form.”

Oberon. “No I think Gwen is worried that if Mara can transform to defend her then perhaps so can others of the lion people. Gwen is worried what might happen if Mara’s father got upset.”

Mara skated across. “I myself did not know I had inherited that ability. I was wondering what I could use as a weapon to defend myself. I remembered my grand mother present I wore around my neck. She said, no man can harm you while you carry this amulet. I felt the anger rise as my future partner went down under a hail of clubs. The next second I was ripping the throats out of the attackers. One fled in terror shouting something about a great she cat had returned to seek retribution. Grand mother told me as a child sometimes the great lion queen decides it is time she walked the earth again. I learned many things while staying with Isolde. Unlike Isolde I also have discovered I am unable to transform at will. Father sent grandma to be with me. Grandma told me I would only change when I was in great danger. She was not surprised at my transformation. As far as we know only she and I have that ability. Grandma greeted Queen Isolde like a long lost friend. Isolde promised to keep watch over me. Eventually Grandma had to return to the tribe. So Gwen has no need o worry that father might turn into a lion and eat the Zulu. I have informed father I was bonded with a Zulu prince and now am a Princess of the Zulu. I informed him my Prince was dead and that I was having his child. I also informed father that a great queen wished to take me on as her companion. I thought father would hit the roof, but it was Grandma that replied. Your father will be there at the formal binding of Princess Gwen. Should you wish to avail yourself of your father’s services on that day then he will formally hand you over to the aforesaid Queen.”

Karen spoke, “I presume they think it is Queen Isolde you are to be bonded with?

“Well I just said a great queen. I suppose they could think it is Isolde.”

Gaby came across to talk. Gwen looked at her and then at Alexis. “There is more than one of you. Alexis snapped her fingers and several more joined them.

Andorra came across. “They will be calling the others off the ice for a short while. It is Goldens and partners only. Gwen you can accompany me. Eventually everybody was ready for the return Journey. They boarded the coaches and were taken a short distance up Great Horton Road and then the coach turned to the right and pulled in at a place called Mother Hubbard’s. At Mother Hubbard’s they went to the takeaway section and ordered fish & chips for everybody. They were in quite a good mood and sung songs in various languages before returning home.
Several days later in Zululand.

The incessant sound of drums beating could be heard for miles. The drums had been beating now for days. As the great day approached more drums took up the challenge. Day and night it continued like a throbbing of a giant heart. Great processions made their way to the Zulu camp. They in turn replied with their drums. To everybody in South Africa it was evident something of great importance was happening. Flights from other parts of Africa into Durban & Johannesburg increased dramatically over the last few days. Regardless of where they came from the visitors brought their own drums. One flight was different those that landed had horns that they blew. On hearing the eerie sound from the horns the lions all around took up the call with a great roar.

Chief Pluto spoke, “It appears the Lion people and the Masi have arrived for even the lions greet them.” The Masi warriors where all very tall and wore their ceremonial robes. They each carried a very long spear. The Lion people all where from head to toe in the skin of a lion. As both groups got nearer the camp they started chanting. They let it be known to all and sundry why they where there. The women of the two tribes followed carrying presents upon their heads.

The paramount chief of the Masi turned round and held his hands up to stop the precession. Then he approached Chief Pluto. Pluto stood up and hugged him. “Today Chief Pluto our tribes become one. Your son took our Princess Mara as his wife. We did not get time to present her dowry so here it is. Now we your brothers and sisters offer our sympathy for the death of your son. Had not the perpetrators already been punished we would have been honour bound to help you punish them. I present you with a broken spear to represent the son you have lost.” (At this point a great wailing went up from the women.) “I was informed your son went down fighting like a true warrior. My mother informed me Mara also slew many of their enemy’s. Now we understand Mara has been blessed with your son’s child. We though where a little surprised when we discovered Princess Mara was to become companion of the Great Lion Queen. This is an honour we did not expect so we bring a second dowry greater than the first because Mara will now be the first Queen of the Lion, Masi & Zulu nations.”

As he spoke a strange procession of cats of different types led by a lion cub and having a great Tiger at the rear approached the chiefs. Chief Pluto smiled. The lion cub launched herself into the arm of the paramount chief.

The cub liked the chief and then Cleo spoke, “Greetings chiefs I am Cleo and these little ones are my sisters as you can see we also brought Shear Khan with us. We have a present for you and your peoples. We thought you might be thirsty so we arranged for several tanker loads of this to be brought here. The chief was offered a stein of ale. The paramount chief took a sip of the offered liquid. A smile came across his face.

“It is many years since I last sampled this nectar in Northern England. I then was in my youth and rather foolish. Many are the time I remembered those days and wished to go back, and sample this nectar again. Alas back home I never found anything so tasty.” Following their chiefs’ example all the warriors took a sip and then knocked the whole lot down in one go. The ladies and children though preferred a quenching orange drink. As they where all drinking. Many tatty dust encrusted coaches arrive and disgorged their loads of passengers. What got out appeared to be children. They where certainly excitable like children. Chief Pluto looked at the scaled down weapons they all carried and he grinned.

“Greetings and welcome to my camp. The Zulu welcomes all who come to the marriages of Princess Gwen and Princess Mara to the great queen.”

“Chief Berto of the Congo Pygmies pays his respects. The drums reached us in our forest habitat.” Pluto offers the chief some ale.

“No that makes Pygmies wrong in head. We much prefer juice if possible.”

“It tends to do that to me after I have drunk a lot of it. I am surprised you left your homeland to come here.”

“Pygmies not normally leave forest, but Berto tell them to. We come to see sorry not know words we say white mummy.”

At the sight of Cleo, Berto got excited. He jumped up and down in his excitement and the other pygmies followed his example. He then hugged Cleo. He had tears in his eyes. “Must see mummy I have much to tell her.”

Sidonie brought him a Juice and then spoke, “Mummy has ordered all her children are made presentable before the wedding. You and your people have to go with Shear Khan and your big sisters to be made presentable.” Cleo took his hand and led the pygmies away. “Gentlemen while we wait their return your glasses will be refilled. Make no mistake Chief Berto is every bit the warrior you all are even if he has the body of a child. Queen Isolde found Chief Berto and some of his people one time caught in animal traps. She released him and nursed his wounds. He even played with the princesses before returning to the forest. Make no mistake Chief Berto and his people are as dear to Queen Isolde as her own children.

Cleo noticed Berto was crying. “Sorry big sister Cleo. Berto and people need mummy’s help.” Cleo called for Astrid so she could also hear what was said.

“Berto and people happy in forest. It provides food and shelter. Then no Congo. Animals all go away. Berto’s people get sick and go to Ursula. Giants come with arm that go buzz, buzz, buzz. Forest all go away animals, trees and people. Then water comes back but lots more water.” Berto started to cry again. Berto tell people mummy makes forest better and people better. Ursula use last of her magic to send Berto here. Drums tell us the way. Berto safe now with big sister Cleo.”

The Golden Empress spoke and it made Berto jump. “I think I might be able to help you a little bit Berto?”

Berto jumped up into Gaby’s arms and kissed her. “Berto know you. Ursula has to speak to you and ask for help. Berto take you to Ursula. Berto miss big sister Cleo.

Isolde entered and saw Berto in Gaby’s arms. “So Berto you could not wait for me and found another lady?”

Berto started crying and shaking. “Big sister Cleo promise mummy helps Berto. Mummy drives water away and makes trees grow and animals come home, Berto then go home.”

Isolde held her arms out, “Berto I may not be able to do all those things. How would you feel about working for us? We will provide homes for your people. They would though be expected to play with many children as part of their work.

“Berto not in arms of another lady Berto in arms of mummy goddess. She looks after all her children like Berto. Berto did what Ursula told him not to. Now Berto have mummy Goddess and mummy Isolde.”

Gaby the Golden Empress put Berto down and he rushed across to Isolde, jumped up and kissed her. Cleo giggled, “Mum we have to keep him this time. Perhaps the hobbits can help accommodate them until we get homes built for them.”

Saskia entered. “We have them all dressed although they are asking for their friends and Ursula so Justine and the old Valkerie have gone to find out what is happening.” Berto rushed over to Saskia threw his arm around her and cuddled her. Then he started kissing her. Cleo and the others where amused.

“Woo, steady on we have not been introduced.”

Cleo giggled, “He is introducing himself. He likes you because you are small like he is.”

Alexi’s The Golden Empress put baby down and tapped her so she returned to her normal size. “Hello I am Baby and a companion of mummy goddess. Do I get a kiss and cuddle? Berto ran across and picked Baby up and cuddled her

Berto grinned and said, “Berto happy found pygmy smaller than Berto.” He pulled out a pouch and started to count cowrie’s shells out. Then he started to cry again. “Berto not enough for bride price. Berto must have lost some. Berto not afford bride now.”

Baby. “Isolde I take it kissing him has no effect? As for bride price I think 12 cowries’ shells are enough and if not then mummy Isolde will cover the rest. First though you must know I cannot ever leave Queen Golden Empress. I have important duties to perform. You must come and live with Baby in her home. Mummy Isolde already has important duty for you to perform. Chief Berto must bring all his people. Baby has lots of sisters who need warriors.”

Berto approached Golden Empress and laid his cowries shells out. He counted 12 out and then thought. “Berto give you others to help pay bride price for other warriors.”

Golden Empress held her arms out. “You will have to share duties with Baby. Now give me another kiss to seal the deal.” Golden Empress whispered something to him and he smiled and obliged Golden Empress. When he surfaced his mouth was covered in milk.

Golden Empress wiped his face clean. “I accept the shells off you for I know how hard you worked for them. Some of your warriors have had similar ideas. You though are Isolde’s baby. You can guess what job you will have to perform.”

Berto looked at Cleo and said, “Is Berto allowed to play with big sister Cleo?”

Baby spoke “Playing with children is part of your duties. Cleo needs Baby and friends to look after her.”

Meanwhile Justine had gone with her sisters through a portal to where Berto had told them Ursula was. Friga was the one to find her. The Valkerie picked up and fed the sick and injured pygmies. One spoke, “Ursula tried to feed us all. She also needs help.

Astral had accompanied the group and she went across to Ursula. “Well I can not feed you like the Valkerie can. There is something I can do that will help you.” Astrol clamped her hand over Ursula’s nose and then placed her mouth over Ursula’s. Several breaths of my Dragon breath should be enough to make you alert again. On the third breath Ursula’s eyes opened. She looked around for the pygmies.

“My babies where are my babies?”

Astral spoke, “Your sisters have taken them to be fed. I am here with Justine now would you care to tell us what is happening here?”

“That is easy. The government decided to build a massive dam. First they had to catch and move the animals. Then the trees where to be felled and finally the valley would be flooded. Nobody thought of the effect on my children. I was too tired to go and search for others. They are but children and do not understand the water will not go away. There still could be some children left down there. They will all be close to the water, and they will only come to me.”

Astral. “Justine excuse me a minute while I go out side.” Astral transformed herself into a snow white Eagle and scanned the shoreline. There was only one small group left she could spot and dived down and then landed near the group. She then approached the pygmies who where shaking and crying.

Astral. “I need help of pygmies. Ursula is very sick after helping many pygmies. You all help Ursula get better she is calling for her babies.

The pygmies looked at their merger supplies. One blew a whistle and many more appeared. “Ursula feed us when there was no food. Now Ursula needs help. We all must help her. The mountain is too high for us to climb can Eagle girl fly us there?

Astral opened a portal and said, “This way is far easier. Bring everyone and every thing you need for you will not be coming back down here again.” Several rushed off into to rushes and returned carrying babies. As the last one went through Astral once again became an eagle. She could not see any more sign of life. She returned to the cave and Ursula was still there.

“There is one child still missing, can you take me down by a portal?” Astral opened a portal and they walked through together. “As a child you command more power than I have ever used. At first I thought you where a daughter of Lord Aaron, but he does not command the power you do. Then I thought of Draconaris, but you are Eagle.”

Astral giggled, “Almost correct Draconaris is a grandpa of mine. I can do several other shapes like Dragon and cat but Eagle was more suitable for this task. You should be feeling better after you got my dragon breath.” After passing through the portal they soon found the child crying.

“Mummy, mummy I want my mummy. I promise never to play with the imps again.” Astral picked up the word imps and blew a flute. Soon many very small-winged Fay appeared.

Ursula looked at the Fay and spoke, “A great queen has sent her daughter to collect all her children. Even I Ursula must go at her command. Let no Fay or Pygmy be left here for all must return with us.” At this Astral started to play other tunes. Astral appeared to play many different ones. At the last tune played the Fay gasped.

“No, No, No Eagle girl not do that. Serena awake with sore head.” Astral finished off with a very high-pitched blast.

“That should get some attention.” The crashing about could be heard for miles around.

“Eagle girl in trouble now Serena tell Fay not to wake her. You in big trouble now.”

“In that case I better start playing again so nobody else gets blamed.”

“Hey you girl playing flute. I told those little cretins not to awake me. What are you? Some sort of leprechaun. Just wait until I get to you nobody disturbs the sleep of Serena.”

“If you think being a bad tempered giant scares me think again. I have a good mind to give you a good smacking.”

Another voice spoke, “Serena she is not leprechaun like us. Look at what she wears.”

“Leprechaun what are you blathering on about?”

“Oh, Oh I see what you mean.” As the Leprechaun spoke Astrol the twin appeared.

“Sister it appears that we each have three leprechauns each if they would be so good as to introduce themselves.”

Ursula was holding on to the shaking child. “Neither of them is scared by Serena. Look she is bending down. Do they scare her?

Ursula felt a hand on her shoulder. The pygmy child found it was being lifted on to the shoulders of a very tall man. “Those two are more deadly than the tallest giant or the fiercest dragon. Serena will kneel before them and apologise for her behaviour. Now watch the water.” Both girls pointed their hands at the water and it rolled back.

Astral picked up her flute again and played it. What appeared to be people started to glide across the track created. “They are calling the forest spirits.” Said Serena as her brother came across and embraced her. “Brother I am pleased to see you. By any chance are you protection for those two?”

Ursula. “Do they look as if they need protection?”

By this time the six leprechauns where leaping up and down doing a jig. As the last of the forest spirits approached the twins they relaxed their hands and the waters again covered the track way.

One of the leprechauns approached the twins and said, “Would the likes of you young Queens be needing any leprechauns?”

Astral. “Well I suppose we could manage three each. That is if you have no objection.” At this the leprechauns got further excited.

“You want all of us? Just wait till our Fadius finds out all of us have an important job. He will be green with envy.”

Astral looked at Astrol, “Would that be a leprechaun formally known as Fadius Fartus, and now known as Fadius Kissus?

“Oh you have met him then. How is our Fadius these days?”

“Well seeing as you are related to Fadius. I suppose mother will not object if we have three more Royal Leprechauns 1st class. Then at least you have almost the same position as your brother. He though has accepted additional duties for his favoured queen on a permanent basis.”

Astral & Astrol each hand the leprechauns a gold coin. The leprechauns looked puzzled. Astral spoke, “We are twins and share everything so there is a coin from each of us. You will also get one more from our sisters, but remember we Astral and Astrol have first claim on you. Our sister Astrid would tell you all leprechauns are hers unless specially requested by others. Well when you meet her you can say you have been placed with the twins. Regardless of that she will still expect you to perform other duties.”

Serena spoke, “The way you two talk anybody listening would think there was hundreds of leprechauns running around. I know how hard they are to catch. I have seen these six often, but they would not let me catch them. There should be one more though a very tiny one.”

“No sister of mine all of them are present and accounted for. The tiny one I fed and now she refuses to leave me. Although she did get quite excited, and then got upset when the name Baby was mentioned. She informed me once she had a sister by that name. Alas on her travels she learned from other Fay her sister was snatched by an eagle and taken back to the eerie. By now the sister of Babe will have been food for that eagles chicks.”

Baby spoke, “Ursula have you given Babe a gold coin yet?”

At the sound of the voice Babe’s head appeared. “It is you. I thought you where dead. I got told you had been eaten by eagles.”

Baby giggled. “Well what you heard is partially true. They needed a messenger to go to the High Queen for help. I now bear the title Baby loyal Dragon & Eagle friend, Companion of the High queen & Princesses.”

Babe scrambled down and ran across to Baby. “It is, it is you Baby. I thought I was dreaming. I got told you had been snatched by an eagle.”

“Well Babe I did, but as you can see they did not eat me. In fact two of them are companions of the high queen as I am. I though am on permanent duty with the high Queen. Just as you are with Ursula. Has she given you a gold coin yet?

Ursula looked puzzled and said, “I used what I had so that the pygmies could get to safety.”

Baby smiled. “In that case I will loan you a coin. Now you can give it to Babe. Ursula looked puzzled but did as told.

Babe gave a “YIPPY. Now I can never leave you for this binds me to you for ever.”

Serena was laughing away. “I wish I knew that previously. There I was trying to catch them and a gold coin would have done the job. The trouble is I am a little too tall to catch them. When I bend down they move away again.”

Babe was hugging and kissing Baby. “Come sister take us to this mistress of yours. What is she like? Astral & Astrol giggled.

“Well she looks a lot like the twins. In fact they could be thought of as sisters. That reminds me we should all be going back. I better open a portal this time. Rombald hold your sister’s hand while I make her more normal size.”

Rombald did as asked and the two of them started to shrink to a more normal size. Ursula chuckled, “I presume like the child you also have great magic. No Leprechaun or Dragon child could shrink those two. I believe sister we have just had the pleasure of meeting the High Queen of Heaven and Earth. She though is somewhat in disguise.

Babe curtsies to Golden Empress. “I presume Queen Ursula is correct because Baby and I certainly can never do that. For you to assume my sister Baby’s shape she must be one of your companions. So I know she is safe. Queen Ursula you gave me the gold coin, but the High Queen loaned it to her. Because of that I am tied to you both.”

“Hi Babe are you coming to join me up here for a while.” Golden Empress and the others have some grownup things to sort out.” Babe latched on to Golden Empress other nipple. As she did so she found that she could converse with Baby telepathically.

Ursula was opening and shutting her mouth finally she managed to speak. “I thought you were supposed to be Draco’s child. You now look more like Galadrial when she was a younger Queen. In fact I can also see the twins in you as well.” By now most of the Fay had vanished through the portal.

Babe said, “Ursula my sister tells me Golden Empress was created Queen of the Heavens by Rombald. Golden Empress got this title by right of birth from two of her great grand mothers Titania and Tatiana. So there is no wonder you can see the twins in her.”

Serena spoke, “Queen of the Heavens that would mean Golden Empress was Fay Queen. Yet Golden Empress wears the Star of Newswanstein and the shield of Thor. Babe you referred to Golden Empress as High Queen. It appears all my brothers’ agree with you as Golden Empress also wears the bracelet of Queen of the seas and waters. I would be interested to know how come you are able to wear all of them?” As she was speaking Astral & Astrol moved in front of Golden Empress. The Golden Empress placed her hands on them, and as they did so the three started to glow.

All three gave off a radiant golden glow. “No wonder they all bow or curtsy to you. You are a golden queen with a golden brood. I still would be interested as to how Little Draco can produce offspring such as you.”

Gaby giggled. “You should know Draconaris got badly injured in a fight and a pixie repaired the damage using pixie dust and thread. His blood also altered the pixie and family so they became my smallest sisters. As for me there are many Golden ones like me. Basically it does not matter which one you meet as we all know. Take me I love to cycle & do so with my friends. Alexis who is another form of me some of the time lives in Middleham. That is also home for Rombald and his family.”

Serena. “So these two are they the children of Alexis?”

Astral. “We are the children of Alexis. We are also her sisters as we are Gaby’s. Regardless of which form we take we are all Golden Queens.

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments