Mercy Chapter 7

Printer-friendly version

Mercy Chapter 7

As soon as Faith left the building, she launched herself into the air, trying to get as much height as she could as fast as she could.

Once she was high enough to see the town, she raced toward it, using gravity to help her go faster.

It didn’t take her long to spot the theater. It was the place where people were running away from screaming ...

Then one of the walls exploded, and out of the wreckage came a three-headed dog.

The creature was the size of a small car, and clearly very strong as it tossed bits of the broken wall away, sending them flying.

Faith circled above the monster, trying to find Talia. Then the creature attacked someone in a storm trooper outfit, knocking off the helmet, revealing Talia underneath.

Faith divebombed the creature, managing to distract it away from Talia. The creature turned and faced her, and suddenly Faith remembered her staff, summoning it from the tatoo on her arm.

And she had been just in time, using the staff to block a bite from one of the heads of the creature.

Faith thought her ability to fly would give her an edge, but she soon found out otherwise, as the creature could leap into the air to meet her.

Within minutes of the fight starting, Faith realized she was going to lose. Even though the creature had not scored a direct hit yet, she was starting to get scratches and bruises everywhere, while she had done no damage to her opponent at all.

Then Faith had an idea. She landed, spread her wings, and challenged the beast to “come get some”. When it leaped, however, Faith dropped to the floor, and swung her staff with all her might at the belly of the creature as it went over her head.

The resulting “crack” was so loud at first Faith assumed she had broken the staff ...

The creature crashed into a car, and for a moment, all was still.

Faith shakingly got to her feet, and went over to the creature. It whined, tried to rise, and collapsed.

“I could kill it. Now, before it can recover.” Faith thought.

“I was gonna ask if anybody got the number of the bus that ran over me, but I see it wasnt a bus, but a dog.”

Faith turned, and saw Talia limping towards her.

“You okay?” Faith asked.

“I’ll live. Stormtrooper armor is tougher than you’d think.”

“Good. I’m thinking of finishing this ... thing now. I dont want to have to be scared of leaving the campus, scared for any of my friends who want to leave the campus.”

“But?” Talia asked.

“But I keep thinking of what Arwen said to me when she told me you were in danger. She said I needed to remember my codename. - Mercy.”

“What do you think she meant?”

“I ... I think ...”

Faith looked into the mind of the creature. And was surprised by what she saw. She saw not a monster, but a feircely loyal protector, who had been ripped from its home, and enslaved to be used as a weapon.

Faith broke the chains around the creature’s will.

“You’re free.” She whispered to it.

“I guess if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.” A voice said.

Faith looked up, and saw a man with wings hovering over her. His bare chest was covered in strange markings that seemed to glow with menace, and in one hand he had a wicked looking sword.

“Oh boy.” Talia said ....

To be continued ...

up
245 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm, suddenly I feel like Sam!

Y'all remember "Quantum Leap" ? Giggles! Well at least I wasn't still wearing that infamous "Slave Costume"! Nice one Dottie! Loving Hugs Talia

Dorothy,

Dorothy,
Please keep this story going, it is truly interesting.
Janice

I am liking this.

No... I am loving it. Somehow I am still surprise that the cerberus manipulator decided to come out so early. I just hope that Faith is good enough to face him.
Please allow me to speculate this.. "there will be a lot of pain coming":|

I got here late,

because I wanted to savor it.

I suspect she now has a protector in the form of the dog. No coercion needed.

Cerberus.

I just hope that the Ceberus will choose his/her master well. Kudoss.. :)

thanks, Elizah

more story coming !

DogSig.png

Hmm..One step forward..one

Hmm..One step forward..one back..good does prevail
somehow.

alissa

Mercy breeds gratitude

Jamie Lee's picture

Nothing like "in the nick of time." Faith got to see strength in action as the three headed dog became a demolition creature, and showed a quick way to close a business.

Who would have thought the under belly would be the "soft spot" to take down the dog? Faith acted on a hunch and was able to stop the dog. Her first thought about the injured dog was natural, kill it so no one can be attacked again. But she remembered Arwen's last words and looked into the dogs' minds only to discover it had been enslaved and not acting on its own.

Faith did something which would have lasting affects by breaking the chains holding the dog as a slave. She created gratitude by that one act. Gratitude from the dog and from those who the dog protected. And that winged man is about to find out how much Faith's action was appreciated.

Others have feelings too.

Freeing Fido

definitely gonna pay off for Mercy.

DogSig.png