Quoth the Raven Chapter 11 Moving out into the World

Printer-friendly version
Chapter 11: Moving out into the World

jenken

With Jenken’s success as a day trader many money management corporations as well as many domestic and foreign government agencies began investigating how a three year old could be doing what she was doing. Just the fact she’d achieved a consistent 50% profit each week baffled all the experts. The SEC launched an investigation of Jenken’s astounding day trading success. In addition the DHS, FBI and CIA began investigating and developing dossiers on the precocious youngster. Dozens of foreign government agencies and businesses also began investigations. Everywhere the corporations and government agencies looked they found total transparency. Jenken made no attempt to hide her activities or finances. The money management giants and government agencies were easily able to follow the massive electronic trail of her successful trades but could not find even the barest hint of insider trading. It seemed she was able to somehow deduce and act on trends quite precisely before they occurred. No business, much less any individual, had ever matched her phenomenal winning streak much less across such a wide spectrum of stocks and markets. Other brokers and dealers who tried to jump onboard her trades could not begin to keep up with the speed or volume of her transactions. No one was able to figure out why she was so successful much less how she was able to conduct thousands of worldwide purchases and sales in a massively diverse and constantly changing portfolio, hour after hour, for twenty four hours every business day in the top twenty worldwide exchanges. At times the volume and variety of her trades threatened to overwhelm the computerization of the exchanges. Companies with offices full of people couldn’t come near Jenken’s round the clock multiple trade volume.

Jenken felt the heat and didn’t like it. Thanks to her multitudinous tags she quickly learned which agencies, companies, and individuals who had targeted her.

The plucky child decided the release of some of the unsavory secrets she’d uncovered in her many off the grid searches and probes needed to discretely become public. Since her presence behind supposedly secure firewalls was undetectable, she copied damning information and inserted it into Associated Press and United Press International wire releases while they were in transit. The resulting scandals revealed bribery, kick-back schemes, and outright dishonesty in all branches of every government and business that was investigating her. Wikileaks was suspected but in reality was jealous of the damning juicy revelations. Governments around the world were thrown into chaos as public outrage soared forcing resignations of many top leaders.

Voter fraud and outright ballot fixing by organizations across the world was revealed. Eighteen percent of the those in the US Congress were revealed to be on the take. (There were many more but Jenken decided to hold off on those.) Clandestine sales of military weapons to sanctioned nations by the CIA were revealed. Covert ATF cooperation with drug cartels was not really a surprise but the evidence revealed lead to the very top of the political food chain. The release of irrefutable evidence of bribes and insider trading tips to the staff of the SEC kept the agency ducking it’s head. The extent of FBI and DHS intrusion into the lives of US citizens dwarfed the revelations of Eric Snowden. The money trails of illicit weapons sales, fat cat contracts signed, and the sale of top secret information as well as laundered drug money and secret bank accounts were laid bare.

The governments, agencies and their staffs, at least those who survived the releases, had their hands full with damage control. All attempts to trace the source of the leaks failed. No one had any idea how the damning data was inserted into AP and UPI dispatches as there was no I.T. address outside of the original sender. The AP and UPI bulletins and stories were sent out clean but were received with the damning information embedded with no discernible delays to account for the unauthorized additions. Obviously the bulletins and stories had been added in transit but how such vast amounts of evidence could be inserted without delaying the messages was an utter mystery. Evidence of tampering with the hardware and/or software of the systems involved in sending and retrieving the data was not found. What was most disturbing was that the released evidence was utterly accurate and included emails and other correspondence as well as photos and financial trails. Once revealed, the damage done was irretractable.

Needless to say, the multitude of investigations and witch-hunts against Jenken collapsed since those who were gungho on ‘nailing the brat’ were also those most effected by the revelations of misconduct.

Jenken felt guilty for the chaos her revelations created. At the same time she felt justified that the pompous self-righteous hypocritical individuals who felt they could run roughshod over the common people and do as they pleased had been brought low. Jenken almost felt like a secret superhero who had vanquished the bad guys. With that in mind she began exploring what she could do to bring more evil doers to justice without creating so much chaos.

{:-)

The Ravens were pleasantly surprised when Adelle and Sean contacted the family asking to be allowed to join them to celebrate Christmas. Of course they were welcomed.

When Adelle and Sean arrived they thanked the Raven family for removing the blinders from their selfish eyes. They announced that they had sold their businesses and condo apartments, successfully cutting themselves off from the cut-throat business world that had corrupted them. They had rented an apartment in nearby Kutztown. Humbly they asked if they could become unpaid apprentices for June and James so they could learn what was required to run a small people oriented business. Of course they were welcomed with open arms but James and June insisted if they worked for them they would get paid. After a bit of argument, Jenken cut to the chase and brokered a settlement so the reformed couple would earn minimum wage. While they learned the ex-yuppie couple would look for a small local business they could buy and operate.

New Years day Jenken sat down with her family to let them know her plans which naturally included them. “As you know Neknej will be up and running tomorrow. I’m moving my day trading office to my office in the Mansion. I’ll also be transferring funds from the daytrading accounts into the Neknej coffers to finance several projects. Naturally Neknej will be LGBT friendly in everything it does. Once the basic staff is up and running, in February I want to form two divisions. One will be security and the other a contracting group to handle all future construction.”

“I’ve been doing a lot of thinking about these things. We all realize that with the popularity of The Ravens and my day trading expertise that our need for security has and will continue to increase, thus the need for a security group. One of the first jobs for the contracting division will be to build us a new home. I know we haven’t talked about a new home but we already know we don’t all fit into our home and when I have cousins it’ll grow worse.”

JJ and Judy hugged and kissed. They all knew they planned to start a family once they graduated in the spring.

“The property our current home is built on is too small to adequately enlarge the house,” Jenken continued. “On top of that it’s too close to the road to set up an effective security. Through Neknej I’ve already purchased most of Moselem Hill behind us. I’ve had the Mansion remodeled as headquarters for Neknej. I’d like to build a zero energy efficient secure home on the slope about even with the Mansion but 800' southwest to take advantage of a more southern exposure. We’d still be close to the Raven’s Perch and security would be easier. In fact, I think once we move into our new home we then remodel our present home to become the Neknej security headquarters. I think we could build a home with privacy for the adults and closeness for the family. We just need to put our ideas together to come up with a functional design. I’d also like to build well lit underground connector tunnels for all the buildings so we can move back and forth without worrying about the weather. We’d also use the tunnels for utilities. Don’t worry about the cost, I just transferred $10 million from my day trading account into the Neknej operations fund.”

The family really couldn’t refute Jenken’s reasoning. They were well aware that Jenken had more than enough funds to carry out her ideas. They didn’t really like having JJ and Judy in the apartment and being in one home would be nicer. The idea of planning a new home got everyone excited.

{:-)

During their first month with Neknej the staff learned Jenken was the most remarkable and knowledgeable person they’d ever met. Although they had met her at Thanksgiving they never expected her to be so on top of things. She knew what they were doing before they even reported it. At first they had bristled that all final decisions had to have her approval but they learned to trust her decisions as she trusted them to present the best plans. The Neknej team was delighted with her decision to sponsor LGBT groups.

With all the time Jenken spent reading her many tags her eyes were opened to a major difference in attitudes about the LGBT community between Europe and the USA. There were those who were still bigoted but as a whole Europe was more accepting and supportive of the LGBT.

At their end of month meeting Jenken delighted the Staff. “You know I’m an intersexed XX, XY and XXY triple chimera. Neknej Enterprises is and will be LGBT friendly. Each of us has connections in the LGBT community and as a private corporation all future employees will sign a pledge as part of their employment package to support LGBT. Neknej Enterprises has as one of it’s charter goals to donate 1% of all profit to charity. I’d like to set up as a charity umbrella group to coordinate and support LGBT organizations across the country and world. This charity will be a clearing house for materials and provide a way to share successful ideas. It will also provide financial aid for legal actions. I’d like you to contact every LGBT support group to determine if they’d be interested in joining a funded umbrella LGBT support charity. They will at no time be asked to financially support the umbrella group although we’d like their feedback. I want a website set up with a presence on all social media. Each month we’ll feature a prominent LGBT group, spotlight an LGBT supporter, and feature an LGBT person of the month. I’m volunteering to be the initial person of the month. I intend to set myself up as a prime example of a successful LGBT person and NEKNEJ Enterprises as an open and affirming LGBT business.”

“I have a lot of plans,” Jenken continued. “I want every subcomponent of Neknej to be manned and if possible run by LGBT individuals or friends. We’ll need an armed security presence led by someone who is ex-military. Neknej Security will not only provide security for Neknej Enterprises facilities and staff, it will do so for myself and family. Eventually they should be able to provide armed security for hire. I also want to form a contracting/construction arm, Neknej Construction. They will be in charge of all new construction, remodeling, and facility maintenance. I’d like both to be up and running in a month. I have found several individuals who I think would be appropriate to lead these new operations. I’d like you to contact them and see if they’re interested. If they are, bring them in for a face to face with me similar to how I did for you. It’s in our best interest they don’t find out I’m only three until that point.”

The staff chuckled and agreed.

Jenken’s first choice to head Neknej Contracting leapt at the chance. Kirk Manning had been in construction work for 20 years. No one ever had a complaint with his work or his work ethic. However, when his employers discovered he was gay, the news spread to his co-workers and the harassment began. To his credit he never allowed himself to be lured into fighting. But any chance for advancement was eliminated. After the initial interviews with the Neknej staff, he was called back for an interview with the owner.

Upon arrival at the Mansion, Kirk waited in the lobby for his interview. The fact the company was openly LGBT and had sought him out because he was gay was a refreshing change. A bit nervous and hopeful that his life was finally looking up, he smiled when the cute little girl wondered into the room. She was wearing a pink coverall, pink sneakers, a pink plastic hard hat with twin pigtails and tool belt full of plastic toy tools. He smiled as he watched her check the hinges of the door she’d entered and ‘tighten’ the screws. Then she walked to the wall and began tapping on it with her hammer while listening closely to the sound. She moved back and forth tapping with each rotation shorter than the last. With his practiced ear he could tell she was locating the stud. When she took a piece of chalk and marked the spot he pursed his lips and nodded his head approvingly. “I’m impressed. You found the stud,” he smiled when she turned and looked at him.

“Thank you,” Jenken smiled and did a mock curtsey. “We need ‘lectric here. Are you a ‘lectrican?”

“I’ve done my share of wiring,” he replied.

“Good. There is a circuit we can tap downstairs,” Jenken replied. “Can you cut a hole here so we can fish a wire up?”

“Well, you really do seem to know what you’re doing,” Kirk smiled. “But I’m afraid I can’t help you right now. I’m waiting to be interviewed by the owner. If I get hired and he wants to put an outlet there I’ll be glad to help you.”

“Hmmf,” Jenken sneered a bit. “What makes you think the owner is a man?”

The cute girl’s curt response caught him off guard. “I apologize for being presumptuous,” Kirk backpedalled thinking the little girl might be the daughter of the owner. “I just assumed the owner would be a man. If anyone should be aware of inequality it should be me.”

“I guess you should,” Jenken replied with a mischievous twinkle in her eye. “As a gay man you’ve experienced your share of misconceptions.”

“Whoa,” Kirk gasped clearly taken aback by the little girl’s remark. “I guess you know who I am.”

“Of course, Mr Manning,” Jenken smiled. “If your interview goes well you’ll be head of Neknej Contracting and build our new home. By the way, I’m Jenken. Now, please come with me so we can get the new outlet installed.”

“Ahh, what about my interview,” Kirk asked totally baffled by the little girl.

“Showing me how to put in the outlet is the interview,” Jenken replied with a cute smile. “We have tools in the basement. Come on.” With that she turned and headed out the door.

Kirk was bewildered. The interview was showing the kid how to put in an outlet? After a brief hesitation he stood and followed the girl out to where the receptionist sat. “Ahh,” Kirk said as he pointed at the girl as she descended the steps to the lower level. “The little girl wants me to put in an electrical outlet?”

“If that’s what she wants, you’d better do it,” she smiled. “Jenken can be quite a handful but don’t underestimate her and don’t be bashful.”

“But the interview,” Kirk asked with clear confusion.

“Will be completed AFTER you show Jenken what she wants,” the receptionist smiled.

“O-kay,” Kirk said as he turned to follow Jenken. In the basement utility room was a tool box, a coil of 14-2 gauge non metallic wiring, a voltage meter, a rotary plunge saw, a tape measure, a utility knife, a needle nose pliers with a wire cutter, a PVC outlet box, a capped junction box with a single cable to a circuit breaker panel and a wire coat hanger. The little girl stood by the tool box smiling. Everything he needed to install the new outlet was there. This had to be the craziest interview ever!

“Please tell me what you’re doing and why so I can learn,” Jenken declared.

“Only if you promise never to do anything like this on your own,” Kirk replied as he looked into the girl’s sparkling eyes.

“Of course,” Jenken replied. “I’m curious, not stupid.”

Her reply made Kirk chuckle. First he opened the breaker box to check the wire to the junction box was properly installed to the circuit breaker. Once sure he turned off the breaker and opened the junction box to find the wire properly clamped in with the ends ready to be connected to another wire. Step by step Kirk set about installing the new electrical outlet explaining each step to Jenken. After the outlet was installed Jenken picked up a box from the receptionists desk as they walked back into the waiting room, then waited while Kirk checked the outlet.

“There it is Jenken, everything is working,” Kirk smiled at the perky girl. “Now, can you tell your mother I’m ready for the interview?”

“I could but she’s waiting tables down at the Raven’s Perch,” Jenken replied with a giggle.

“Okay,” Kirk sighed. “Then can you tell whoever is going to interview me?”

“Of course,” Jenken smiled perkily as she placed the box on the floor and stepped up to the outlet to plug in the cord.

Kirk frowned as he looked at the box as lettering appeared: “You’re hired!”

“I apologize for putting you through this,” Jenken smiled. “Neknej is my name spelled backwards. I’m the owner.”

Kirk was thoroughly confused. Was he being punked?

Jenken giggled as he walked over to the door marked ‘president’. “Please, come into my office.”

Kirk followed with a bit of trepidation. Inside was a kid friendly desk facing ten computer screens on racks and a conference table.

“Please, have a seat,” Jenken smiled as Kirk sat at the conference table. Picking up the phone she hit a speed dial button. “Pete, please bring in the contract.”

A moment later Pete Williams, the Neknej manager came in with a folder. From it he took a contract and laid it on the table before Kirk. “Welcome to Neknej Enterprises.”

Kirk’s eyes grew wide as he looked at the simple contract with generous terms. Then he looked at Pete with a totally perplexed expression upon his face. “Is this for real? I feel like I’m being punked. I don’t want to sound ungrateful and I mean no disrespect Jenken, but you’re a bit young to be the owner.”

“I’m the owner, founder and boss,” Jenken chuckled. “I started a day trading fund with $100,000 at the beginning of September. My worth is growing by 50% every week. On January 1 I pulled $10 million from my day trading fund to finance Neknej to hire you and others. On March 1 I’ll pull $1 billion dollars from the fund for Neknej. By the 2nd week of May the day trading fund will top off at $100 billion. At that point I’ll be able to draw an average of $50 billion a week.”

“That’s impossible,” Kirk declared. “Now I know I’m being punked!”

“Mr. Manning, Kirk,” Pete chuckled. “You are NOT being punked. Jenken is the most unique individual I’ve ever met.”

“Then she can’t be three years old like I thought,” Kirk stated. “What is she, a midget?”

“I turned 3 on Thanksgiving,” Jenken smiled.

“Kirk, you’ve been listening to Jenken speak since you entered this office,” Pete informed him. “But you failed to notice she’s never moved her lips. She’s been talking to us telepathically.”

“Now that’s impossible,” Kirk frowned sure he was being punked.

“No it’s not, Kirk, you’re not being punked,” Jenken was audibly giggling as she mentally spoke to Kirk. “I’m quite real. One of a kind, but totally real.”

Kirk’s eyes grew as wide as saucers as he realized Jenken was indeed speaking telepathically. His mind nearly boggled as she explained the circumstances of her birth, triple being, and chimerism. Totally blown away, he signed the contract.

Construction on the new Raven home began in mid February. By then Jenken pulled a similar interview with Kirsten Bell, who signed on as the head of Neknej Security. She had a great deal of input into making sure the new home featured up to date security. Kirsten was a MTF transgender retired Navy Seal. She was still in transition but eagerly took the job. Neknej Security started in the headquarters mansion and Kirsten worked out of an office while living in one of the apartments above the Raven’s Perch. She promptly began hiring a core of ex-military to form the back bone of the security service.

{:-)

Jenken’s earlier searches of databases revealed thousands of secret bank accounts in Swiss Banks as well as several other nations that provided discreet banking services. In most cases she’d been unable to determine who controlled access to the accounts. With her increased abilities thanks to the vast power from the vortex she was now able to access, Jenken plumbed the world’s computerized energy emanations for the owners. If the owner wasn’t already tagged, she tapped others who were tagged to locate them so she could tag them. Once contact was made, she was able to determine if the funds were legitimately earned or if they were obtained illegally. There were thousands of secret bank accounts that held billions of dollars that had been illegally obtained. Since the money was tainted, Jenken decided to take some of it with the aim that it benefit humanity by establishing a charity to spend the reclaimed tainted money for good purposes. What she needed was a brave principled Swiss citizen to set up numbered accounts and transfer ill-gotten funds sitting in secret accounts to new accounts. Once the owners of the illicit accounts realized they’d been emptied they’d most likely come looking for revenge. Of course, Jenken would not allow the person to suffer. If nothing else, Jenken could cause the selected person to have a fatal stroke.

The week after officially opening Neknej, Jenken reviewed her Swiss tags, deciding on a dying cancer ravaged elderly devout Jewish man with no surviving family. Born in 1931, Kurt Goldstein had used the strength of his faith to endure the Nazi Concentration Camps as a child and teen. After the war, Mr. Goldstein became a hard working man earning a very good living but had never been wealthy simply because he always gave freely of what he had to help those in need even if it left him with nothing. For him the deprivation he’d endured in the concentration camps made living on a shoestring budget while free acceptable as long as he was doing good for mankind. With scraggly long white hair and full beard and wearing tattered clothes befitting a homeless person, Mr Goldstein was a deeply pious man who disdained organized religion because any faith that becomes religion loses it’s spontaneity as it becomes bogged down in the rules and laws. He firmly believed he’d survived the Nazis concentration camps because God had a plan for his life. While interred, he heard the voice of an angel in his head that told him what to do. Time and again obeying the voice had saved his life. Now that he was near death, doubts that God had some big plan for him were becoming frequent. Knowing this, Jenken contacted Kurt Goldstein telepathically speaking to him as she did with her family. Kurt quickly overcame his initial fear that the strange child-like angelic voice in his head was a sign of his mind failing. With tremendous elation he accepted the angelic communications as a sign God was once more talking to him.

Because of his unflinching faith, even in the agony of his last days, Kurt assumed he was being contacted by an angel who would finally reveal God’s plan for him. Jenken neither confirmed or disavowed the dying man’s assumption. When the angel explained the plan to set up a world wide charity partially funded by the illegal money hidden in secret accounts, Kurt eagerly agreed. It would be a final act of revenge against the criminal current equivalent of the Nazis, people who illegally prospered at the expense of innocent victims. The next day the failing feeble old man went to the main office of the USB (Union Bank of Switzerland) in Zurich. Jenken supplied the information needed to access several multi-million dollar numbered secret accounts that funded Al-Qaeda as well as accounts held by drug lords and harsh dictators. Kurt calmly withdrew 99% of the funds from dozens of illicit accounts and redeposited it into three new numbered accounts he established. The next day he did the same at the Credit Suisse bank. The six accounts were given the same name, Hope (English), Esperar (Spanish), Hoffen (German), Hoppas (Swedish), Harap (Maylay) and Umut (Turkish).

As Jenken fed Kurt the information he needed to access the illegal accounts and to set up the six new numbered accounts Jenken delved deeply into Kurt’s psyche and body. Lymphatic cancer was destroying Kurt. The man would be lucky to survive another week. The fact the man was at peace with God and ready to die impressed Jenken.

Jenken decided to try to see if she could help Kurt survive. She’d been toying with telekinesis in conjunction with remote viewing and had used her reiki abilities to cure Grandpa James’s aneurysm and enhanced his immune system as well as that of her family. None of them had even the slightest sniffle of a cold or even a bit of watery eyes from spring time allergies since. She’d also used the remote viewing and reiki to enhance her and her family’s bodies to become better musicians. But when she’d done those enhancements she’d been physically close to the person. Kurt was nearly half a world away.

Jenken waited until Kurt went to bed. Monitoring him via the tag she’d placed she waited for him to fall asleep. It didn’t take long for her to realize the pain wracked old man couldn’t get comfortable enough to doze off. Jenken used a mental tendril to shut down the pain receptors in Kurt’s brain allowing him to fall asleep. Increasing the power of the mental probe he split the initial tag into multiple tendrils which entered Kurt’s bloodstream. The man’s withered body was inundated with hundreds of nodular growths and tumors throughout his lymphatic system as well as his spleen, kidneys, liver and bone marrow. It was an advanced case of follicular lymphoma. Keeping Kurt asleep Jenken located the nearest electrical outlet in the small bedroom. Plunging a mental tendril into the outlet, Jenken used telekinesis to withdraw and channel the electricity, controlling the amperage to focus the power into what can best be described as a miniature high power pinpoint laser beam. Carefully she focused the laser to cauterize the tiny blood vessels that supplied the cancerous nodules with nourishment while keeping the veins intact. It took half an hour to figure out the best way to cauterize the blood supply to a few nodules, but once she found the best way, her mental tendrils scurried throughout Kurt’s body until every cancerous nodule was sealed off from Kurt’s cardiovascular system. Within minutes of being sealed off the tumors, deprived of nutrients and oxygen, began to die.

With the constant drain of nutrition thus ended, Kurt woke up after the best sleep he’d had in months feeling better than he had in quite a while. Of course he had no idea the lymphomas that had been starving the rest of his body had ceased their fatal cannibalism. For the first time in weeks he ate a hearty breakfast. Still weak but feeling stronger, he assumed it was his last rally before a total physical crash. When he heard his ‘angel’ suggest he go for a walk and enjoy the beautiful winter day, he did so eagerly.

Jenken kept her tendrils inside Kurt monitoring his condition. When she was sure a tumor had died, she attempted to obliterate the tissue with minute but precise high frequency vibrations. After a bit of experimentation she hit the right frequency and the dead cellular tissue lost cohesion and began to liquify. Slowly the veins drained the murky liquid from the tumor. Once successful, she began doing the same to other dead tumors. At the same time she tuned-up and energized his kidneys to filter the debris from his blood and flush it from his body. Jenken’s telekinetic abilities were growing.

By the end of the day Kurt was tired but still upright and had eaten a good lunch and dinner. The only downer was that he was constantly thirsty and relieving his bladder more than he had ever done. Not only that but his urine was darkly cloudy. He assumed it was his body shedding his dying flesh. That assumption was correct, but not for the reasons he thought.

It took Kurt three days before he realized he was growing stronger. The large tumors were noticeably smaller and still shrinking. Hope soared in his heart. With true faith he called on his ‘angel’ to ask if he had received divine intervention. Jenken sent a mental smile to the old man again neither confirming nor denying the intervention. Kurt chose to thank God. Jenken had no problem pretending to be an angel sent by God for this good man, after all, God, in his/her many forms, did use humans to perform good deeds and miracles so in that sense Jenken was merely God’s tool.

A week later Kurt went to his physician who was totally amazed by the unheard of remission at such a late stage. Most nodules were gone and the few that remained were greatly reduced. Kurt refused to become a guinea pig although he did allow tests and blood samples to be taken as the doctors sought to understand what had occurred. Kurt simply explained that God had given him a mission and a reprieve.

While that was happening Jenken used some of his mental probes to create untraceable computer transfers to remove funds from hundreds of secret numbered accounts that held illegally obtained funds. The withdrawal orders simply appeared out of nowhere and the cyber trails of the electronically removed money became so entwined and convoluted they became untraceable. At the same time, equally untraceable deposits appeared in the six HOPE accounts Kurt had established. While the amounts deposited always equaled the amounts withdrawn, since the deposits were randomly split the funds between the six accounts, none of the withdrawals from any account matched the deposits in any of the six.

With Jenken guiding him Kurt trimmed his long hair and trimmed his beard, and purchased decent clothing which totally changed his appearance to that of a well but inexpensively dressed almost dapper old gentleman. By the beginning of March Kurt began establishing a charity to help people in need help themselves. The method was to bypass corrupt governments and officials to get aid to those who needed it most. The goal was to give financial grants to small villages in third world nations to establish wells, sewer systems, roads and other infrastructure as well as interest free loans to entrepreneurs to start small businesses. Kurt set things up and incorporated, including setting up checking and saving accounts for the charity. Jenken made traceable $1,000,000 transfers from each of the six HOPE accounts into the charity’s accounts to serve as the initial cash flow. What was not revealed was where the funds in the six HOPE accounts came from. The charity was named TAMTF, which stood for TEACH A MAN TO FISH from the proverb “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” Kurt was listed as founder and president and it’s charter called for absolute and total financial openness. Every penney taken in and spent by the checking and savings accounts would be publically accounted yielding total transparency.

Healed of the cancer and absolutely convinced God had at long last given him the mission promised when he survived the Nazi concentration camps, Kurt was a man driven by faith tested zeal to do what God had set forth. Using funds from the account, Kurt began hiring a basic staff for TAMTF (pronounced tam tough). Using her tags, Jenken guided him to honest people who sincerely wanted to help humanity and had the skills TAMTF needed. All wages/salaries were in the middle class range which meant having a reasonable amount of discretionary income so that they did not live from hand to mouth as the poor do. This meant their earnings allowed them roughly a third of their income left for discretionary spending after paying for basic food, shelter and taxes. As head of the charity, Kurt set his own salary a good deal lower than those he hired to set an example for the staff and as evidence the charity was sincere in it’s intentions. All employees knew their earnings would be publically listed on the TAMTF website. The same held true for all expenses including the promise to see that 99% of every dollar collected would be used to assist those who needed help. All donations would be equally listed, including all donations from the six HOPE accounts. What would not be disclosed is where the HOPE accounts received their anonymous funding.

The six HOPE accounts had been set up by an old frail gaunt wild haired dying man who bore virtually no resemblance to the vibrant man Kurt had become. Furthermore there was no traceable evidence linking the HOPE accounts to Kurt or TAMTF since all surveillance video of those who visited the banks the day the accounts were established was mysteriously corrupted and unrecoverable. Jenken could easily transfer funds from illicit accounts to the HOPE accounts without any evidence of collusion.

One of the first things done by the TAMTF staff was to establish a website to communicate with the world. The charity asked for poor towns and villages and oppressed people around the world to send requests for help to TAMTF. All TAMTF staff meetings were recorded and posted on line. TAMTF would send field inspection teams to evaluate requested needs and report back. Each team would do double duty as investigative and communications/camera crew with live internet, cell phone or satellite hookup to record all they did as well as whoever and whatever they encountered. Everything they did and everyone they encountered was broadcast live and posted on the website. In that way they would expose corruption in the governments and officials who were accustomed to being bribed and otherwise siphoning funds from charities thus limiting the amount that reached those in need. To increase TAMTF funds, agreements with commercial TV producers were made to utilize the recordings to create a reality show. An online account was set up to accept online donations.

{;-)
up
186 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Jenken's powers

The security system around Jenken can be secure, impenetrable, and totally non-hackable, all she needs to do is connect into her animal friends and every mouse, squirrel, and bird can establish a web of eyes, ears, and noses that nobody can discover, bribe, or defeat.

Jeri

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.