Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 42d

Printer-friendly version


Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 42d Katrinia speaks up for Odin.
Galadriel spoke, “Katrina I take it that it is of your own free will you ask to sleep with my Great Granddaughter & your cousin Gaby.”

Grandma Galadriel had I been still a boy I would have been proposing to Gaby and asking if she would be my partner.” Gaby smiled.

Galadriel said, “Exactly what would you have said and done young lady?”

Katrina went down on her knee and she took off a ring she was wearing and said, “Cousin Gaby Lynn will you become my bed mate, Partner, Friend & Companion for the remainder of our lives.”

Gaby accepted the ring and said, “Cousin Katrina you do not realise what you have just done but regardless I have to accept you.” “Aunt Serfina as Galadriel’s daughter you should know the rules.”

Finnola said, “Mother what rules is Cousin Gaby talking about.”

“Titania spoke,” “My niece normal rules do not apply here.” “Your daughter has just proposed in front of all the senior queens and Empresses and Empress Gaby has to accept Katrina for all eternity as one of her companions.”

Finnola said,” It is a shame I am not young as my daughter or I would have also been saying the same as I can see the dancers in those eyes.

Galadriel said, “So be it and Finnola felt a tingle & she looked like Katrina’s twin.”

Finnola said, “Gaby can I also be united with you for all eternity?”

Gaby said, “Yes know that only leaves you Serfina & your place was long ago decreed.” “You are Galadriel’s daughter & while I can have you as a companion.” My grandmothers all want the baby to themselves for a while yet although eventually they will let you come to me if you want.” “Regardless you will still be family and be held in the respect accorded to all the daughters & Granddaughters of Helen.

Gaby said, “Grandmas will you take the baby now.” “Katrina & Finnola, Serfina will be returned to you soon.” “They are only playing with their baby sister & their mother will take them in hand.”

Finnola said, “The prophecy mother had was almost correct but it meant me and Katrina.”

Gaby said, “Actually you mother is and always has been a companion of the Empress.” “She is the Daughter of the Empress Galadriel & so automatically gets that title as do all my daughters.”

“So if I had gone down on my knee and said will you marry me Gaby Lynn?” Finnola felt a tingle flow through her body.” “Opps I have said what I was thinking.”

Gaby said, “Finnola you have much to learn but yes as Finnola the adult & Finnola the child I accept both your proposals.”

Katrina said, “Err Cousin Gaby can I speak without being zapped?”

Gaby said, “What do you want to know?” “Also I do not zap people just for asking questions.”

“Well initially I was told that I would be in the team Goddess is that still applicable now I am on your team so to speak.”

Helen spoke, “Katrina there only is one team here & that is Gaby’s and even Kat is on it.”

Gaby said, “I am Captain and I am responsible for the junior riders. I asked for permission to give you those parts for your bike because I realised you were a good rider.”

Turning to Venus Kat said, “Grandma referred to you as Venus would that is the same as an ancient Goddess? Also if you are then are there other Goddesses here?”

“Yes Katrina that is me that the ancient Romans & Greeks worshiped. Also many other goddesses reside with us.”

Cousin Gaby, “I study ancient mythology as part of my exams.” All the stories tell that while the gods ruled the mortals they in turn were ruled by a supreme king or Queen.” “Are you the Queen of Queens & supreme ruler of the Gods?”

For a moment there was silence and then Gaby said, “Katrina if you studied mythology then what was the title you refer to?” Gaby Jupiter & Juno many thought as Supreme ruler. But others tell that the supreme ruler also ruled Jupiter & Juno. If they are correct then the supreme ruler has many titles which include Empress of Heaven, Queen of all, and Golden Queen. Recently I was looking at ancient Chinese stories and they tell of a golden Queen who could become a dragon & drive her enemies away.”

“South American stories all tell of the Queen of Heaven who ruled them all. They all tell she had to go away for a while but she would return to save her people. Likewise if you read ancient German text they all have a similar theme.” “Odin had female warriors who escorted brave heroes to Valhalla.” “I sometimes wished that I could have ridden with the Valkaries.” “I could just imagine Odin with Long blond hair & blue eyes with his sword & his hammer.” “He must have been a sight to see.” Likewise I would have liked to have met Pan & I would have asked his help with my music.”

Gaby twiddled her fingers. Katrina looked around and said, “Grandmas house appears to have got larger.” Katrina noticed all the seats appeared to be taken & she wandered around & ended up back at Valhalla.

Finnola said, “Katrina behave yourself.”

“Mum we are no longer in Grandmas house.” The legends say that where once Odin’s heroes stood there shall the wailing of babies be heard.”

Gaby stood up and so did all the others. Gaby said, Come here and share with me Katrina. Katrina noticed a small procession coming towards them Gaby said, “Ah the Babies presentation.”

Katrina looked at the young girl & said Granny? Galadriel spoke Empress Gaby I present my youngest daughter to you as your eternal companion in addition I have two more presentations to make.” Gaby noticed the smiling from Constance & Zelda.

Gaby said, “Grandma you have fulfilled your promise.” “Serfina your grandma knew all along you were destined to be with me.” “Katrina not long ago you wished you could have ridden with Odin’s Valkaries.” “Will my Valkaries do instead?”

Empress Gaby it would be an honour to ride with your Valkaries.” “Does Odin still ride with his?”

Odin spoke, “Young lady you have much to learn & seeing as you are interested in me I shall accompany you on your first ride.”

“Lord Odin if it is possible I would like to transcribe all the stories you can remember.”

Odin laughed and said, ““It looks like you will be transcribing for a long time then.”

Gaby said. “Beatrice sees that Katrina gets to go with the hounds & it looks like Odin will be riding with my cousin.” “Michael you are in charge of the choir & are music tutor is Pan giving lessons.”

Michael said, “He is now apparently we over looked the flute & Pan is the best we have.”

Odin said, “So you are the latest addition to our team.” “Well I have agreed to ride with Gaby and the others.”

Odin “Cycle team & Valkaries you are not going to have much time to record my life story.”

Mehitable said, “Odin in that case you had better go to the same classes as Katrina and then in her spare moments she can transcribe all you tell her.”

Katrina turned to Mehitabel and said,” “The Lord Odin is not some wimp to be ordered about.” “I am sorry I do not know your name but if the Lord Odin wishes to accompany me I would be honoured.”

Gaby and the others all started to laugh. “Empress Gaby may I ask what is so funny.”

Gaby said, “Before we tell you I presume you rate Odin very highly.”

Empress Gaby, “I loved the old stories and while I have heard of the Empress of the Heavens who was Empress of all only slightly below I rate Grandma Galadriel, Lord Odin, Lady Gilda, & King Neptune along with the Goddess Venus.” Mehitabel spluttered at her mother being called Lady Gilda.

Another voice spoke up. "Galadriel this child seems to know rather a lot about some of us."

Serfina said, “I am afraid that was me who got her interested I told her stories & she then read up on all the ancient Gods and heroes. Since then she has always been interested.”

Gilda said, “Katrina who is your god parents?”

Finnola said, “Actually that is something that I have been rather remiss & I never found sponsors for Katrina as I never held a naming service.”

Gaby said, “In that case we better rectify that in our ancient parish church and it is compulsory for all family to attend.” “Katrina would you object if those you have just named and myself are your sponsors?”

Katrina said, “Would it be possible to have one more as I also admire the lady Dianna of the hunt although I realise she is not as powerful as some of the others but I still like her?”

Dianna said, “Well I do not know about the others but I for one will be pleased.” “It is not often that I get asked for by a candidate.”

Katrina curtsied and said, “Are you the lady Dianna?”

“Dianna will do as that is what all the others call me.”

Katrina said, “I am not a Goddess like you & Venus so I must show you the respect you are due.” Now please will somebody explain why you all were laughing earlier?”

Dianna said, “You Katrina are the grand-daughter of a god so please allow me to show you why they all laughed, This is your aunt Gilda companion to the Empress & Sister of Galadriel.”

Katrina said. “Aunt Gilda will you agree to be one of my sponsors with Venus & Dianna & your sister Galadriel?”

Gilda said, “Katrina I agree to your request.” “Now I must introduce you to your cousin Mehitabel my eldest daughter.” Whom I believe you have already met.” Mehitabel also is a companion of the Empress.”

Katrina said, “Aunt Gilda with utmost respect for you I still do not understand why my cousin was bossy to a god who deserves the utmost respect from all.”

Gaby said, “Mehitabel is the daughter of my companion & also one of my companion in addition she currently is one of Odin’s companions.”

Katrina said, “Cousin you may be one of Odin’s companions but I suggest you are not as bossy with him or you will have me to deal with.”

Odin said, “Katrina I will not have either of you falling out over me.”

Mehitabel curtsied and said,” “My lord and master your wish is my command.” All the others burst out laughing

Katrina said, “Cousin you are teasing me.” “Truce.”

Gaby said, “Well Odin will you and your brothers be her sponsors.

“Gaby I will if my Brothers Neptune & Oberon agree.”

Odin, “Also as we have a new Valkarie among us she should receive a mount off me.”

Gaby said, “Cousin you have shown by your stand against Mehitabel that you are not scared of a fight.” “Neither are you scared to protect those who have been insulted.” “A great honour has been bestowed on you.” “You shall be one of my dragon maids or as Odin says a Valkarie.” “You have much to learn.” “In addition you have your commitments to Kat and the junior team.”

“Ah Pan you have finally decided to put in an appearance.” “This young lady is my cousin and should be treated as such.” “She wishes to have the very best flute teacher.” Pan gave a great grin across his face.

“So you are the reason Peter told me I was to teach at the academy.”

Gaby said, “Pan there will also be others in your class.” “Now I also need your talents for another occasion.”

“Katrina here has never been formally named and so we are going to hold a naming ceremony.”

Pan said, “In that case we need music & Wine, Beer & Food for a party.” “I do not suppose there is any chance of Baccus & I being asked to be sponsors?”

Katrina said, “I am not sure how many I can have but if you both want to then you can join the others.” Pan looked across at Gaby & Helen.

Gaby said, “Pan are you and your family finally deciding to return to us?”

“Mistress if it pleases you we would like to live in the forests that surround your home along with Herne’s family.”

Katrina went across and kissed Pan and said, “Pan I am not scared of you will you dance with me for our Empress.” Katrina & the satar danced. Pans family came in and started playing their flutes. Katrina kissed him again.

Pan handed Katrina a flute and said, “Let us hear how good you actually are before I decide if I can teach you.”

Katrina put the flute to her lips and started to play. Everyone listened in amusement as Katrina played. Eventually she stopped & the room went quiet.

Odin said, “That was magnificent but I have another instrument for you to play.”

Helen said Odin no she is too young for that.” Odin took no notice.

Odin produced a harp and said, “Besides me there are very few who can play this.” “I think you can though.”

Katrina said, “I may need Michael as a tutor for this.” That brought forth laughter from the group. Katrina sat down and started to play the harp. As she played she noticed she was being accompanied by others.

Odin said, “So Katrina you have also the skill of music and dance like your cousin.” Katrina then noticed it was Gaby who was accompanying her. Katrina looked at the harp and read the symbols on it.”

Katrina said, “Odin this is the property of number one musical Valkarie & should be returned to her family.”

Odin said, “It just has been it is yours as the harp has bonded with you or you would never have played it.”

“Serfina said, “It should have gone to me but I could never play it so now you get it.”

Katrina said.” “I am getting rather tired and would like to retire for the night so will somebody please show me to my room.” At this Gaby waved her hand and the entire group dispersed. Katrina awoke next morning to find she was in a bed with many girls.

Maddy said, “Katrina I was wondering if we should wake you with a bucket of iced water.

Katrina said, “Sorry I am not at my best in a morning I was having the strangest dream about ancient gods.” Maddy realised that Katrina thought last night was a dream. “Are you looking forward to your first ride?”

“Yes I cannot wait to get riding with Gaby and the team although I was told I have to have a medical first.”

Maddy said, “How would you like a ride with Gaby & myself?”

“Great although I am not sure where my bike is.”

Maddy said, “I am sure we can find something for you to ride. First we have to get togged up as it gets rather cold were we going. Just copy me and put on exactly the same item as me.”

Katrina said, “Thermals for a ride? Won't we get rather hot with them on?”

Maddy said. “Believe me Katrina you need them. I once tried to do with out and ended up in hospital for two days with Hypothermia.”

Katrina put on the clothing and then was all agog as Maddy put on armour. “This ride it is not on a bike is it I have just realised what you are dressed as. Oh my dream was not a dream it was real & you are a real live Valkarie.”

Maddy said, “Gaby actually asked Beatrice to take you but I was having so much fun that I decided to prepare you myself.”

“Is Gaby the Valkarie chief then? I just do not know what to think. Oh I have thought of something else I told off Mehitabel in my sleep. Did I do that for real also?”

Maddy said, “You sure did & that earned you the title first Dragon Maid.”

“Oh what will Mehitabel think of me that is not a good impression on my cousin?” They entered a room and Gaby was waiting with several others.

“Good I see you are ready for your first ride.” Gaby closed her visor and as soon as Maddy & Katrina were mounted on their steeds they set off into the sky.

“I now realise why we need the thermals.” “You must have been mighty cold that time.” As they galloped across the sky Katrina spotted an object in the sea. “What is that can we investigate?” The group dived down to look closer.

Gaby said, “Play on the flute Katrina,” & as soon as she did a chariot appears being towed by sea dragons. Neptune scooped the bundle up and laid it in his chariot.

Gaby said, “We can go back on our tour of duty now.” As they flew across the skies they saw many strange things.”

“I thought I saw an eagle as big as a man & I could have sworn I saw a dragon just in front of us.”

Gaby said, “You properly did as they often fly with us.”

Katrina said, “Not long ago I thought I was a boy & then I became a girl & mum managed to get my documents changed.”

Gaby said, “I was meaning to talk to you about that.” “I have had all your documentation altered so your male self never existed.”

“You must have had quite a bit of experience doing that.” “For a while I was depressed & mum said, “Think of it as a new beginning.” “I did not realise granny was a fairy queens daughter.” “Will I grow wings like Galadriel?”

Gaby said, “Like the rest of us you will have to pass your practical magic & Spell craft.” “As for your music exam you passed that with flying colours last night.”

“I thought that was just a dream.” “Tell me did I kiss Pan.”

Gaby said, “Pan is normally shy but he is smitten with you after you kissed him twice & danced him off his feet.” “You had Pan & Odin fighting over you.”

Katrina said, “If they start fighting I will just have to put them over my knee and give them a good spanking & then put the two of them in skirts.” “That is sure to calm them down.”

As they landed they were greeted by a handsome young man. “Ah the Pipe player.” “I have a conch shell for you in future if you need my help.” Katrina put it to her lips and blew.”

Gaby said. “No like this.” and blew into it and out came a remarkable sound.”

Neptune said, “Now you try Katrina.”

Back in America Kat was talking to Jules and said, “Do you think your mum has let on to Gaby about her problem?”

“I am not sure I was cross with her for making us think she had a boyfriend when she had cancer.”

Kat said, “If Gaby knew she could zap it just like that.” “I wonder if we can do it. Kat and Jules had recently held a healing ceremony to help Jenny. They did not realise that their mother was ok.

Jules said, “Dad would have called us back if mum was very bad.” “Perhaps our prayers helped the other night.”

Kat said, “Ever since that night I can produce Pink Balls.”

Jules said, “So can I and the others.” “I think we had better ask our teacher about them.”

Jules said, “Do you feel different in other ways,”

Kat thought for a moment and said,” I feel although I know our parents are in England and that they are with us all the time.”

“Jules can you materialise your twin please?” “Ah that is better.” “I have come to realise that it is not just my sister who has inherited powers off you as I seem to be able to do most of the things she can.”

Agatha said, “Kat you called on a power far greater than mine ever was.” “Can you not feel it surging through your veins like I can?” “It was the power of love that brought this change in you far quicker than I expected.”

“Yes your mother is fine although very weak.” “All you need to do is kiss the pink balls and throw them in the air.” “Your mother will get stronger as the balls hit her. Kat materialised a pink ball and said, “I have to kiss it like this. Mean while Katrina was just finishing her ride. As they arrived back she noticed a handsome man waiting. Gaby said, “Hello uncle I see you got here before us.” “This is Katrina.” Katrina said, “I presume you are Uncle Neptune.”

Neptune looked at her and said, “So I have another of Galadriel’s family to look after.”

“Uncle I can quite adequate look after myself.”

“Yes I was hearing you have set your sights on my brother Odin.”

“I brought your bundle for you and came to see this new warier maiden.” “Few of your contemporaries would have stood up to Mehitabel.” “I also came to see who I was sponsoring.” “It appears you have several more sponsors than normal & several others have requested to Gaby that they also be allowed to sponsor you.”
“It is not normal for a teenage immortal to be named as that is normally done to you as a child.”

Katrina thought for a moment & said it will be like having lots of Mums and dads telling me what to do but providing Gaby & Mum agree I have no objection to any who want to be my sponsors.

Neptune said, “This is yours I believe.” Katrina opened the basket and found two babies wrapped up inside.

Neptune said, “You are now a mother yourself.” “You will have to look after these children of the sea.

Katrina looked at Gaby and said, “Cousin where do you think they came from?”

Gaby said, “I presume their parents are dead killed by the great tidal wave that hit a vast area of the Indian Ocean.” “You spotted them so they are yours now.”

Katrina cuddled the babies and said, “Babies I have only small breast and cannot suckle you but I can be mum to you.” “I will find some formula for you to have some food.”

Neptune said, “There is no need for that Katrina” & tapped both babies. “Katrina meet another two of your cousins & also companion to the Empress.”

Katrina laughed and said, “So we have more practical jokers no wonder you referred to them as children of the sea.” “I was all set to try and suckle these two.”

Neptune said, “This one only likes certain milk.”

Robyn held out her hand and said, “This is Ariel my sister.”

Katrina said, “Do I have to curtsey or something Princess Ariel?”

Neptune said, “I used to be a stickler for protocol but Gaby stopped all that except in Valhalla where I believe you have been recently.

Robyn said, “I just get Robyn or you can call me Cousin Robyn.

Katrina said Robyn it is then.” “Can we hug each other?” “I did not realise granny had so many relatives.” “It is nice to have friends your own age.”

Ariel giggled and said, “None of us will age past eighteen & we will forever look eternally young.”

Katrina looked at them and said, “The story of the little mermaid & those of the Lorelie was that you two.

Robyn said, “One was but the other story referred to our sister.”

Katrina said, “If there is truth in them then is there truth in some of the others like the Great Roc or Eagle that rescued a king’s daughter.

Neptune said, “The stories may have been embellished over time but there is some truth in them.”

Katrina noticed the ring on Robyn’s hand. “Ah the key to Atlantis.”

Neptune said, “You appear to know far more than someone should for your age.”

“I read all the ancient mythological stories and stored it in my brain. I only need to see something once & it is there forever.”

“Robyn you are like me that ring tells me so.” “According to legend it was given by Poseidon to his first born son and it can never be removed.”

Neptune said, “Yes you are correct although I am surprised you recognised it.”

Neptune vanished and returned with several items and said, “Do you know what these are?”

“Yes that is a Lyre or small Harp.” Katrina looked it over and said, “This was made by Madame Butterfly for a hero. Armageddon caused me to be made.” Katrina played it.

Neptune looked at Robyn and said. “That was nice music.”

Katrina passed it to Gaby and said, “Your turn cousin.” Gaby took the seat and played the harp.

Neptune said, “Katrina as your uncle I think after we have named you I should arrange your marriage immediately.”

Uncle I know you have my interests at heart but I promised Gaby when the time was right I would be her companion.”

Neptune said, “As I was not present can I hear what you said and did?”

Katrina went down on her knee and said, “Cousin Gaby, had I still been a boy I
would have asked you to marry me once we were old enough.” “Instead I ask to
become one of your companions.”

Neptune said, “In that case I will arrange for you to be made Gaby’s companion as it is your wish. Now I think we have a new title for you and that is number one Archivist it will be your job to transcribe all data relating to the gods. Now I must return I promised Old Salt a game of bowls.”

“Neptune Would that be Old Salt as in a fisherman at Scarborough as I met him once? Old Salt he treated me to an ice cream & drink.”

Neptune said, “That sounds like him he always did have a soft spot for children & animals.” Please tell him your niece sends her greetings & hopes she can treat him to an ice-cream sometime soon.”

Neptune departed and Brittany said, “I have to get you prepared to join the rest of the team in America. Case packed and goodbye said, “They departed from Robin Hood International. The flight took eight hours and the two of them had plenty of time to chat to each other and watch the video screen. Eventually they got to their hotel. “We have a practise tomorrow so tonight is an early night for us all.”
Katrina soon drifted off to sleep. She had many strange dreams during the night.

She awoke to find Gaby sitting on her bed. “Time to get up sleepy eyes.”
“Sorry I am not at my best in the morning Brittany.” Katrina rubbed her eyes and said, “Good Lord it is you Gaby.”

Gaby said, “Breakfast is ready once you have showered and got ready.”

Katrina entered the breakfast room to see the others all playing with and then throwing away a pink ball. She watched and said, May I also join your game?” She watched what the others all did and followed suit. They each produced a ball and kissed it and passed it to each other until it finally reached Gaby & Jules who took it in turns to throw the balls. Finally it was Katrina’s turn. She said, “How do I produce a ball like that?” Katrina clenched both her fists and then opened them. She kissed both of them and passed one to Jules and one to Gaby they both passed the balls round.

After they had been round the entire group the balls ended back with Gaby & Jules. As they threw the balls they merged into one. They watched in amazement as it streaked across the sky. Five minutes later there was a phone call to say that amazingly Jenny was fully recovered and there was no trace of the cancer.

Agatha looked at Katrina and said, “That was a heck of a lot of energy in those two for someone who is just a learner.”

Katrina said, “I know this is silly but the voices told me what to do.”
It was almost like I was being tutored in my sleep & while I am awake.” “I can think for myself but others talk to me also. The voices told me to propose to Gaby and they told me to look for the bundle in the sea. “They told me to clench both my fists until I could no longer hold them closed & that is what I did.”

Agatha said, “Close your eyes Katrina Just do as I tell you.” Go on to tiptoe and stretch your arms out like this now slowly lower them until they are level with your shoulders. The others watched as Katrina floated up to the ceiling. “Katrina open your eyes.”

Katrina said, “Help get me down from here.”

Agatha said, “Ok Katrina listen to me.” Bring your arms slowly to your sides and you will be back with us.”

Gaby said, “You did that well for your first time.”

They all ate their breakfast Zelda said, I want you to sit in this chair and think of your new home. Katrina did as she was told. Katrina herself could not see what was happening but all the others could as the Cat Vision brought their home into view. Lily sensed they were being probed and linked in to Cat. “Hello can I help you.”

Cat said, “Hello there I am sat in a chair with Zelda doing tests to me and she told me to think of my new home.” Lily decided to broadcast the conversation.

“I am Little Lily I do not think we have met.”

“I am Katrina Gaby’s cousin.” “I joined the cycle team & we are going soon for our practise.”

Zelda said, “She needed to perform some tests for me first before we all go out.”

“Hello are you still there. Are you the one who has being talking to me?”

Little Lily said, “Sorry not guilty this time.”

Zelda said, “I think I know where all your knowledge and skills are coming from Katrina.

Katarina said, “I am now getting a message saying I will soon be united with Lucy.”

Zelda smiled and said, “Just say you are looking forward to that day.”

“A Mary is coming through now and says my big day is being planned as we speak & she will watch over me.”

Zelda said, “Apparently you can communicate with at least three of our number. Think of your grandma & tell me what she is doing.”

“The twins have her again and are dressing her up in a white dress. They are pretending she is a bride. They are in Valhalla with Grandma. Grandma is curtsying in front of Gaby. She has kissed Gaby. Gaby is slipping a ring on Grandma & she is also so receiving a necklace from Maddy & earrings from somebody else. Grandma has kissed Gaby again. The twins have left her with Gaby. Sorry the picture is fading.” Katrina then thought of her mother and saw she was clapping as were many others.

Gaby said, “Finally Serfina you have received your long promised position.”

Serfina said, “I am sorry my granddaughter and the other young ones could not be with us this night.”

Gaby said, “Serfina I know for a fact they all have watched us and will shortly have their own party to celebrate your ascension.”

Katrina spoke, “Zelda are Lucy & Mary also companions.” Zelda said, “Yes they are angel companions.” “How come I can link into companions when I am not yet one myself?”

Zelda said, “For some reason you have a direct link to your cousin & distance apparently is no barrier.”

“Zelda I keep getting a call for help from somebody called Snowflake.”

Zelda said, “Can you concentrate & determing where it is coming from. Girls we need a rescue team to go up those hills as fast as we can.”

Katrina said, “Wait for me & I will try and pinpoint the area.”
They all pedalled up the mountain on dangerous tracks. Eventually they found a very exhausted Snowflake.”

Snowflake said “Along with my sister I was supposed to keep an eye on you all instead I need help as my leg is trapped.” They all managed to shift a few boulders but Snowflake was still trapped.

Zelda said, “Katrina remembers the pink ball you made. Can you do the same. But this time put your hands into the cave and release the ball. Also it may be better if the rest of us shelter round the corner.”

It took Katrina three attempts before there was a massive blast that blew all the debris away and Snowflake was free. Zelda laid her hands on Snowflakes leg & it healed up instantly. Inside the cave they found Snowdrop with a child who was shaking.

Snowflake said, “I realised I had to catch a ball and aim it at the big rock. Who made those energy balls as I have never seen any so big before?”

Zelda said, “This is Katrina latest recruit to team goddess and cousin of our Empress.”

“Pardon me for saying so but the way you produced them balls you must have a direct link to the Empress herself.” A voice came from Katrina’s mouth without it moving.”

“I do not know which are more accident prone my faithful leprechauns or my eager eagles.”

“Empress we found a lost child in the cave and Snowflake was just leaving the cave when part of the ceiling collapsed trapping me inside & Snowflake outside.”

“Katrina although you have not yet being formally bound with me.” “Because we share the same blood you will find you have the same abilities as those who are close to me.” “Girls did you enjoy the Katrina Vision of Serfinas elevation?”

Zelda as the days go by Katrina will come to full strength see that she gets a good grounding in all subjects.”

Snowflake said, “What of us mistress?”

“You two still have a task to do but it would be better if you did it from closer by.”

Katrina said, “Gaby I take it that these two are two of your companions & that they are here for my benefit.” “If that is so would it not be better if they shared my apartment with me.”

As she spoke Ator landed on the mountain top. Once again the Empresses blood saves those of Ators blood.” “Daughters’ I command you to look after this one as if she was the Empress herself.”

“Father we already have that instruction off the Empress herself.”

Ator said, “Then Daughters carry out the Empress wishes.”

“For ye are the fourth of our house to be saved.” “The Empress commands you guard her then do it.” “Never leave her side unless it is on the strict authority of the Empress.”

Snowflake turned to Katrina. “Apparently we are instructed to sleep with you one on either side. At least it will make up for not sleeping with the Empress.”

As they spoke the telephone rang it was Julie’s Aunt Carol. “Hello darlings I though I had better let you know.” “You mum took a turn for the worse and we thought we were going to lose her but then she rallied and now she appears to be considerably fitter in fact she appears to be bursting with energy.

As all in the room could here Maddy said, “Mum we all prayed for Aunt Jenny & we all knew she would be ok.”

Carol said, “I understand you have a new team mate what is she like?”

“Maddy said, “Mum you remember the Empress and sisters well Katrina looks like the Empress.” “She apparently is her cousin.”

Carol said, “So you will all be fawning over her.”

“Not exactly mum. Like most of us she is still learning her powers.” “She though has learned enough to rescue two of our number who found themselves in trouble.”

Carol went to talk to Dr Jones. “I suspect that Katrina is not the daughter of Finnola.”

Dr Jones said well I have not yet done a full test on Katrina but that combined with a full examination of Finnola will tell us.”

Gaby called her mother, “Mother Long ago you gave Renate to be brought up by Uncle & Maddy to be brought up by Aunt.” “Now I am reunited with them.” “Was there anymore you have not told us about?”

Gaby’s mother said, “As you now realise I was a prolific breeder and most of those I had went to other family members.” “Many did not survive even the birth although you have since recovered all of those.” “I am thinking hard Gaby.” “I cannot remember anymore live babies being given away. Mercury took away a sister of yours who was dead.”

Gaby said, “Mercury what did you do with the body.”

I was taking the child to Heaven when she gave a cry & I realised she was not dead.” “I saw Serfina & Finnola. “I gave them the baby and Finnola said she would tell people she was raped.” “I placed protective strips on all three.”

Finnola said, “As time went by we both forgot that Mercury gave us the baby & I thought of her as my own.”

Gaby said, “Finnola do not be scared you only did what was asked of you.”

“So there now is no doubt that apparently another of my cousins is actually my sister.” “No wonder she can link into me like Maddy & Renate.” Gaby said, “I think I should send some Leprechauns to look after her.”

Daisy said, “Please not me.”

Bridget said, “I would be willing if the schedule allowed.”

Gaby looked around and said,” “No I have the perfect pair.” Two leprechauns where holding hands and not taking much notice of what was being said.”

Oberon said, “Gaby may I make a suggestion.” “Shamus would be ideal.” The fairy

Queen spoke Mother & Father the Empress wishes you to go to America and protect her sister and companions.”

Gaby spoke, “Shamus you have done wonders in the royal nursery and I have decided to give you a holiday.” “You and your wife will go and stay with the group.”
“Your actual task will be light although you never know when a leprechaun will be needed.” Gaby said, Lord Crimson will you arrange transport for these two.” Gaby gave Shamus a kiss and said you will all too soon be back with us and then you can resume your royal duties in the nursery.”

Crimson spoke. “Shamus I better give you the lift myself rather than delegate & besides I wish to see the one you have to guard.”

Crimson flew faster than Concorde soon he was touching down and he appeared to human eyes to be a quite attractive man with red Hair. Shamus and partner took hold of Crimsons hand and said,” Daddy is this where we are staying?”

Crimson chuckled and said, “It appears that I am on vacation with my twin daughters.” “Well we had better find our apartment.”

In the apartment Shamus said, “Lord Crimson there is no need to stay with us.”

Crimson said, “I am on vacation with my daughters.” “This is a job I take very seriously.”

“We go where the team goes but we remain separate but ready to step in if required.” “Now how are you two actually doing?”

“Shamus said, “Actually I like looking after the children.”

Crimson said, “Well I hope you two are good actors because for the next couple of months you will be my daughters.”

Shamus looked at his wife and said, “Daddy if we are good will you take us to Disneyland.”

Crimson looked at the schedule he had been given and said, “If you two are good then I will see what we can do.”

Kalley,Halley & Randell
The following day the three of them went to watch the team race in their first American match. Gaby came in first with Maddy & Cat joint second and Jules coming in third place. There was quite a cheer as the team went to collect the winner’s prize. They received their prizes of the president of the American federation.” He said, “Congratulations on winning the race.” “Ladies and gentlemen if you did not already know our first and third place winners are the daughters of the international word champion Jenny Bond.” “Our first place winner had already taken the junior British & European titles and is now trying to match her mother by taking the American title.” “Today’s win puts her in contention to be the junior world champion. I believe she has also brought her own cheerleading team & she has agreed to perform with the Sherwood foresters for us.”

Gaby said, “Actually the Sherwood Foresters are going to be joined by American friends the Virgins of Virginia and we have worked a display for you.” A few minutes later all of them were performing for the audience. A great cheer went up as they all performed.

Two lads who happened to have been competitors were seething that they had lost to girls. One said, “I am going to show those bitchs who is who.”

The second one said, “I do not like losing either but you must admit they are very good.”

“I am not going to be shown up by some bitch from abroad.”

Katrina herself managed to link in with hatred and loathing coming from one of the boys.

Katrina decided to try and diffuse the situation she could see brewing. Katrina found the second boy and talked to him. “Hi I am Katrina we had a close fought race.”
“We sure did and it is the first time we have been beaten by a bunch of girls.”

Katrina said if it is any consolation the winner is the British & European Champion.”

“My friend and I normally have the field to ourselves and he is taking it hard been beaten by girls.”

“For myself though I realise from our timings we are only seconds behind the best.”
The boy said, “Are you entered for many more races over here?”

Katrina said, “We are in races every week while we are over here for the next three months.”

“Oh my Randell is going to be going crackers if he finds out.” “His father will be forcing him to compete against you & he will be in for a belting tonight because he did not win.”

Katrina said, “I am truly sorry for your friend but we cannot just throw a match because another competitor will get beaten up by his father.” “I can say though if your friend is truly in danger then we would be willing to help him.” Randall’s father would punish him even if he even came second which I doubt either of us ever will.” “We both were going full pelt against you all. “There was never any chance that we could have beaten you.” “But poor Randell will get hell though because he did not win.”

Zelda said, “Katrina would you like to introduce your friend.”

“Oh Aunt this is Callum he was one of the first two boys in the race. He was telling me his friend will get beaten by his father because he lost and it will be worse because he lost to females.”

Zelda said, “Callum would you like to tell me what has been happening.”

“Well everything is ok so long as Randall is winning. I can easy beat him but to save his hide I let him win. I though still push him to the limit.” Poor Randall even though I was letting him win me I was getting the maximum out of him.”
“Even at school he has to be the best coming second is not in his father’s nature.” “His father will sure as eggs are eggs give him a thrashing because he got beat by girls.” “It will not make any difference that your friend is the British & European Junior champion.”

Zelda said, “I can give you a phone number to call if he comes to you after he is beaten up.” “Alternatively come here & we will give you help. Sorry we cannot do anything before Randell is hurt.”

Callum brought a pendant out and said, “Zelda will you promise on this that should I require help it will be given.”

Zelda smiled and said, “Callum I should have spotted you long ago.” “How is your mother Halley?”

“Mum goes by the name of Linda these days & nobody knows that name.”

“Well I think it is about time I did.” “I will come home with you as I need to speak with your mother.”

Zelda drove Callum back to his home. As he opened the door a voice said, “Callum how did the race go?”

“We lost to some girls mum.”

“Oh dear I better be prepared for Randell running round here.”

“Mum I have brought somebody with me.” “I made her promise on your pendant that she would help us.”

“Callum I have told you not to use that to make promises like that.”

“Young lady I am sorry for my son’s behaviour. Sometimes I wish I was with my sisters. Callum can be a handful but he has a good heart.” “Sorry I was thinking of home.”

“So Halley you are thinking of home & your family.”

“I wish I had never fallen out with my mother and sisters.” “I left that night I took mothers pendant that Callum had you swear on.”

Zelda said, “Well Callum as you chose to wear it then it is yours now.”

“Halley as it is late can you put me up tonight?” It then registered in her brain that she had been called Halley.

Halley looked at Zelda and then at Callum. “Callum where did you find this girl?”

“Mum is something wrong your face has gone white like you have seen a ghost?” “My friend here is with the winning team & it was her friends that came first in the race.”

Halley said, “I think before the night is out I will need your expertise.” “So you are with the winning team are you?” “Can we join the team?”

Zelda said, “You never left the team Halley.”

“Mum you are talking in riddles and so is my friend Zelda.”

Callum can you go and get washed and changed and I will make tea.” “Oh & put on your best outfit.”

“Mum?” “Please do as I say?”

“Yes mum.”

“So that is my grandchild Halley?”

“Yes mum that is Callum & you will shortly meet Calley.”

“I am sorry for all that I said and did Mum.”

Zelda said, “I was equally to blame for the argument.” “Now when is the other problem likely to occur?”

“He has some time yet as his father will not get home to around midnight.”

“Tell me what you have been doing?”

“Well I did have a job I liked but we have been taken over by a multinational & we are due to get a new management team shortly.” “Everybody is scared for their jobs.” “Oh what is the company name? “Well at the moment we are called Goddess international & we manufacture make up for many well known brands.”
“I worked my way up to the position I hold without any magic.” “I fear though that I will also be down the road.” “Mind you I can always sell up and return home now that we are reunited.”

Zelda said, “I am here for three months then I have to return home with the team.”

“Mum it is a bit of a come down for you to be nurse maid to a cycle team.”

Zelda said, “They are not exactly just a cycle team.”

“Mum I will go for your pendant and give you it back.”

“No it is Callums now let it protect him.”

Calley came down stairs. “Mum you said my best dress so I put it on.”

Zelda smiled and said, “Calley you will make a beautiful bride one day.”

“Mum you told Zelda my name.”

Zelda said, “Calley come here please.” “Your mother and I have being talking she thinks she is going to lose her job.” “I happen o know where there is a similar one going although it is back in England.”

“Mum if you went back there you could find Grandma & my aunts and be a family again.”

“Would you like me to do that Calley”?

“Yes mum I would but I am also scared what will happen to Randall once we move.” “I wish he lived with us.”

They continued to talk when there was a knock at the door. Calley went to answer it. There weeping with blood pouring out of her was Randall. Calley called 911 and an ambulance arrived. Randall was taken to St Angela's hospital. The medical staff took photos of Randall before he was treated.

Calley went with the ambulance while Halley & Zelda followed in a car.”

Halley said, “I am his god mother I should have stepped in before now.”

The Doctor asked Randall who had done this to him. Randall looked at Calley who was still in her dress and replied.

“Doctor Can you call the police officer in here please I will make a statement when mother arrives.”

Halley arrived with Zelda the officer looked at Zelda and said your other daughter is in here Madame. “

Randall said, “Mum the officer wants me to give a statement to them.”

Halley said, “Ok tell them who it was. That your father is responsible and why.”

The officers took notes and said, “You are sure on this.”

Randall said, “This was because I tried my best and lost to several girls who were better than me in a cycle race.”

The officer called for a team to go and arrest the father. They got to the house to find he was waving a gun about and shouting. “I am going to kill you little sissy. Hell you could not even beat a girl.”

When the officers asked him to put the gun down he answered by taking pot-shots at then. The officers had to reply and shot the father dead.

A little while later a female officer came to say could she speak? “Madame your husband has been shot and killed when he started to shoot at officers and they had to reply.”

Randall burst into tears and said, “What am I going to do now dad is dead.” Halley explained to the officer that Randall had lived with his father.”

Calley said, “Silly you still have us. You do not think mum is going to throw you on the street do you.”

“Mum Can I come home with you?”

The doctor came in and said, “Are you Randall’s mother?”

Zelda said, “Yes this is Randall’s mother.”

“Madame I need to talk to you about your child.” “The assault his father carried out was very serious.” “Beside the cuts and bruising and several ribs damaged along with other damage your child is going to require a considerable amount of time in hospital. We can treat the child here or we can transfer the child to a hospital of your choice.”

Halley said, “Can you give me 24 hours as I need to contact my firm to see if Randall is covered with my insurance.”

Zelda went outside with Halley. Halley said, “Mum if I say we will transfer Randall to a hospital of our choice can some of your friends treat him?”

Zelda said, “Halley actually a team will be arriving to do our assessment on Randall.”

Halley went back in the hospital and said, “Doctor I have had a word with my employers & they are sending a medical team to check over my child prior to been transferred.” As she was speaking an ambulance arrived along with driver & medical team. In addition a car also pulled up and the occupants got out.

The doctor looked at the documents and then said, “I cannot fault these documents.”
He vanished and returned later looking visibly shocked. With him was the Hospital Administrator.

“Madame the Doctor has just informed me of this case. Normally I do not get involved with cases but in this case I have had to intervene. I have ordered our best consultants to give the child a check over. While they are doing that would you all like to come to the conference room? I have arranged a meal for you all.”

“I understand you also have the child’s father in the morgue.” “My doctors want to carry the autopsy out on the Father.”

“I can see no problem with that in fact if your staff do it then it will help me as I was going to have to call somebody in to do it.”

“As you are doctors I will tell you what my team were going to recommend to the mother that the child is operated on. The father has irreparably damaged the genital area and we recommend total removal.” “This on its own is going to cause problems for the mother & for the child.”

Calley went back to Randall and said, “They are discussing you apparently the doctors here want to make you a girl because your dad had damaged your genitals. Mum wants her doctors to check you over before any decision that affects you is made. She says thankyou for calling her mum.”

“Calley does your mum mind you dressing like you are.”

“Apart from going to school or racing I am usually dressed similar to how I am now. In fact there has been several times you nearly caught me dressed as Calley.”

“I wondered who the girl was I kept seeing at the house but I never realised it was you.”

“Randall mum is making arrangements to be your mum regardless of what else happens. Mum has the offer of a new job back in England.”

Randall said, “If she takes it I presume I will come as well.” “Do you think mum would mind if the doctors are correct.”

“Well let’s put it like this I do not mind having a sister if you do not mind a part time sister.”

Several new doctors came in & asked Calley to leave. Randall said, “No my sister stays while you examine me.” They first checked the face over and then the body.

“Have you been taking any drugs Randall?” One doctor asked.

Randall said, “No but I know what you are getting at.” “It started about a year ago & I told dad but he said it was nothing & that sometimes it happened. Recently I have been dodging sports & gym & father found out the day I lost the race.” “So this was an extra punishment.” “Can I see dad I know he is dead but I would like to say goodbye.”

The doctor said, “Randall we just need to do a blood test on you and take a mouth swab.” “While the test is being done I will take you in a wheelchair to the morgue.”

“Dr can I ask you a question or two while you push me.” “If your examination of me comes to the same conclusions as the hospitals doctors I presume then you will go ahead with my transformation.”

The doctor said, “Before we did anything to you I would want to talk to you.”

“Well doctor you are talking now so ask me what do you want to know.”

“Well Randall nobody has asked you what you think.”

Randall said, “Actually Calley did ask me and I said would she accept me as her sister so providing it is ok with Calley & mum. Then the rest do not matter."

up
67 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos