Drew & the Half Term Break Chapter 42a

Printer-friendly version


Drew & the Half Term Break
by Sharphawlad
A Gabyverse fanfiction

Chapter 42a Faith Hope & Charity

Hope came into the room in her wheel chair, “Gaby have you been told I am to go also to America?” “Gaby you have a few extra races to do with me as apparently we have been entered for some races together.”

Gaby pushed the wheel chair to the front. “As you all know recently I have done rather well in the events I have entered. What some of you may not know is that I also entered in a disabled tandem race with Hope here. While in America Hope & I will be racing in the disabled tandem races. I also will with the rest of the team goddess be racing in those races for us normal people. Hope here lost the use of her legs some time ago following an accident. Recently she has had some feeling return but it will be a long time before she can throw her sticks away. I hope all your goodwill extends to Hope.”

One of the boys came up and said, “Gaby I have seen the two of you race twice once in Greece & recently in Scarborough. Please may I have the autographs of the winning team? I was there because my sister also entered the games in the volleyball team. We also went to Scarborough but stayed at a different hotel to my sister. Apparently she had a great time with two girls called Julie & Agatha. Julie took my sister on a tandem & she rode with the champions.”

Hope, “Is Linda your sister?”

“Yes that is my sister. Like you Hope, since that holiday my sister has been getting mobility back in her joints and this has been confounding the doctors. I hope you do not mind but I brought her here tonight to meet you all.”

Gaby, “Mrs Khan would it be possible for this young man’s sister to join us on the tour? Also could she be partnered with my sister so that I have some decent competition to race with.”

Gilda, “Young man apparently Gaby the team Captain has decided that your sister has to be taken on as part of the disabled goddess team.”

Hope, “Great I thought I was going to be the only one.”

Somebody pushed a wheel chair containing a girl wearing a red & black cape. “I only wanted to meet you so I persuaded my brother to bring me tonight. I have been out of sight watching you all. I watched your mum race & thought she was fantastic. I never expected to be in the team. Your older sister Agatha gave me this cloak & told me to keep hold of it as it would bring me good luck.”

Gilda recognised the cloak. The cloak had a golden GB sewn on it. Gilda held her hands out. “Please walk to me.”

Linda picked up her sticks, “Until going on that holiday to Scarborough I could not do this.” She walked the short distance & fell into Gilda's Arms.

Gilda picked her up, “Hope this is the second member of your team.”

Linda noticed Hope also was wearing a cloak. “Oh you got one of these also. Mine keeps me nice and warm.”

Hope, “Do you know who else got a cloak?”

Linda, “Sorry I did not know the other recipients as Agatha and the other girl handed them out to several of us. I think we all were in wheel chairs though. Most of the others were Downs’s disabled children & the rest of us were injuries cases.”

Gilda signalled the boy across, “If I asked you to support your sister & the tandem team would you become a cheerleader & shout for them?”

“I would but to be honest mum will have difficulty in finding any more money to subsidise us. It was hard enough scraping the money for me to go on the trip.”

Gilda, “So if a way is found for your sister to come you will have no objection.”

“If she can come I will do as you wish and become a cheer leader.”

Gilda looked at the woman pushing the child. Gilda, “Apparently my niece has selected your daughter to ride for the Disabled Goddess team. As a rider all her expenses will be fully met and that includes having her carer go along with her. In addition all our other riders have cheer leaders to greet them so you will be allowed one cheer leader.”

Kat School Trip

The mother, “All this is very well but I cannot just pack up my job to go with the children.”

Gilda came across, “I see you have been told he news.”

“I must decline as recently I changed jobs and I doubt very much that my new bosses will understand me taking 3 months off.”

Gilda, “If I was to guarantee there would be a similar job for you on your return would you then?”

“Of course I would. Nobody can guarantee that though.” Gaby came across.

Gilda, “This Lady is the mother of Maddy's racing partner in the disabled games.”

Gaby looked at her laptop, “Candice Wolfe age 32, Job Lawyer. Yes I see your employers are happy with you and they have no problem with you having the time off. In fact they insist you go as legal representative to team Goddess.”

Candice noticed Gilda was smiling. Candice thought for a moment & then said, “Excuse me but where did you get all that information from on me?”

Gaby, “I always have everyone checked out before they are asked to join the team. I believe you already know Ally. I think you already know her as your boss and she was only too happy to oblige me. As my Aunt said, previously your job is guaranteed. Although I think you will be spending more time with the teams in future. I have another child who is disabled although at first glance nobody will notice.”

Gaby, “Clarence I presume your mother is referring to you. As I previously said, we always do a thorough check on all employees.”

Clarence, “I have been brought up as a boy but in actual fact I am more girl than boy as my body is already telling me. I will have no problem with the cheerleading & in fact I appear to be shrinking in one area while in two others I am quite well endowed.”

Gaby, “Well Charity Fern Wolfe will you and your sister join our teams?

Hope, “Go on Charity all we need to do is find Faith & we have the three of us Faith, Hope & Charity.”

Captain John Brigstock

Gaby, “Funny that you should mention this Charity as I have another hopeful waiting with her family called Faith Lynn Brigstock.”

Another disabled girl was pushed into the room. “Hi I am Faith & this is my only family my sister Isolde & our mother. We are the last descendants of Captain John Brigstock to bear the name after us it dies out.”

Ariel was listening, “Captain John Brigstock of the Brig Westmoreland.”

“Yes that was our 3x great grandfather he sailed the seas & had many voyages. We understand he took prisoners to Australia & Mormons to America. He wrote a log which we have with us. Look at this today I found the love of my life by the sea shore injured. I took her to my home and my sisters all nursed her back to health. For months she was unconscious. I went back to the same shore and found another maid just like the first one. She was very distraught. I am looking for my sister & I cannot find her.”

Just then an old man with a long beard appeared and said, “Have you found her yet.”

“I held my hand out and said Captain John Brigstock of the Westmoreland. I think I can help you both. At my home my mother and sister are looking after a maid I found injured on the shore but she has been in a coma for some time.”

The old man smiled, “I see you are a man of honour.” He blew a whistle and several more maids appeared.

“Father has our sister been found?”

“This young man may have found her and if he has we are eternally in his debt.” John looked round to see there were a considerable number of girls.

John, “You had all better come home with me and see if this is your missing sister I have at home.” John’s mother spotted him with the old man & a gaggle of girls. “Mother we have guests.”

The lady, “You will all stay for tea I presume. As today is Friday we all will be eating fish. As stated in the religious laws.”

Neptune, “There are rather a lot of us.”

John’s mother handed his sister some money and said, “Go to the docks & buy extra fish for our guests.”

Neptune handed his daughter Lorelei some more money, “That is for any extra you may need.”

Lorelei, “Apparently we both have to go together to get some fish.”

“Hi I am Elizabeth Brigstock. I see you like my brother. It is no use chasing after him though. Our John has devoted his life to the sea and the sea is his mistress. The only woman who could possibly catch our John is a mermaid. John tells us stories about seeing a beautiful woman on a rock in Germany. She appeared to be singing but at the time John had trouble with his ears and sailed on by. John was to see her many times.” An old fisherman warned him do not listen to the song it will bring about his death. When he is home he always goes walking on the shore. “The number of times he has brought an injured seal home I have lost count of. We always return the seals to the sea. John said they could be mermaids disguised as seals.”

Lorelei, “So John believes they exist?”

John has us all walk the shore for injured animals & whilst he is away we all walk the same route. I used to think his talk of mermaids was silly until one day when we were returning a seal to the water. Mother and I watched the seal with some binoculars John had given to us. The seal appeared to swim to two girls who was a long way out. It played with them like a puppy playing with children. This giant whale appeared and the girls vanished.” Very soon the two girls were at the docks.

Elizabeth, “We have come to see what fish you have.” Plenty of Lobster, Prawn, Shrimps. Not much left in fish unless you like this.”

Lorelei, “We will take it if it is all you have left.”

The fisherman, “I do know what it is called but it is a very ugly fish & nobody wants it.” They took their purchase back to Elizabeth’s home.

Lorelei, “I need to find dad to find out how to cook this fish.”

Neptune, “Lorelei it is your sister this young man found. We may have to stay around here until she recovers.”

“Dad we bought some lobster, shrimp & prawns & a very strange fish even the fisherman did not know what it was.”

Neptune looked at the fish & smiled. He turned to John's mother, “Do you mind if I prepare this as it is a long time since I last had any of it.” Neptune went to the kitchen with the mother, “Will you act as my maid and pass me what ingredients I ask for?”

“Ok but men do not normally work in my kitchen.”

Neptune looked at the vegetables available & called for one of his daughter & said, “Can you go and collect these ingredients for me please.”

Lorelei set off with a couple of her sisters and very soon they had all collected the ingredients required by Neptune and so they returned to the Brigstock home. “Father we got all you required.”

Neptune, “Bring them in here and then go back to the others.” Lorelei went to the other room.
John, “Your daughter she was like this when I found her.”

Lorelei, “John has father given you a bracelet to give to your daughters when they grow up?”

John, “All I want is for your sister to get better. I am not bothered about rewards but if your father ever wishes to give my children or Grand children a bracelet I will not object although I do not currently have any. As for me I am married to the sea. She alone is my wife will provide my love. Eventually we shall be as one when we are finally united under Heaven.”

Lorelei, “John let’s get this straight you have no interest in mortal women and only a Princess from the sea will do for you.”
John, “The Empress of the Seas alone knows my thoughts and deeds. If she though fit to provide me with a wife then I would accept her will.”

Lorelei, “John let us pray together & perhaps she will here you.”
“No my prayers will be for your sister to ask the Queen of Heaven to restore your sister to her family.”

John knelt down . “Mother Mary Queen of Heaven I ask not for me but for the girl who lies in the other room. Please send your angels to protect her & restore her life. The Sea has been my way and life. Soon I have to set sail again. The sea has given me this maid If it is your will let it be.”

John, “Mr Vater you and your daughters are welcome to move in with my mother and sisters. Sir it is not safe for you to move your daughter home yet. I have to take the Westmoreland to Van Daimens Land. I will be away for some time. Please treat this as home. Tomorrow I have to set sail from Liverpool.”

Neptune looked at John, “John I will stay as long as I need to be here.”

“Sir when I return if she still lives then I will make her my wife if that is agreeable with you.”

Neptune, “John before you go share your life with my daughter kiss her & ask her to be yours.”

John, “Sir I am not it the habit of kissing girls but I will. John kissed Ariel, “Empress of the seas I trust in your judgement. In front of our families I plight my troth to this fair maid of the sea. I John take Ariel to be my lawful wife for as long as you deem right.” He then kisses Ariel again and slips on his Ring. “My sister Elizabeth I must also give you a last kiss as I do not know when I will return.”

Neptune, “John may the seas protect and guard you from harm.” Shortly after John set sail he got a message that Ariel was dead. Elizabeth had written to say Ariel had never recovered and her family had disposed of her. Elizabeth wrote it seems quiet about the house as they have all gone. Mother enjoyed the company of Mr Vater. I certainly enjoyed the company of his daughters. Before the left they fastened silver bangles on our wrists & we do not know how to release them your sister

Elizabeth.”When John returned home he asked where Ariel grave was so he could go and pay his respects.

Elizabeth, “She came from the sea so she was returned to the sea.”

John smiled, “Ariel my wife where ever I am I know you will be there also.”

Elizabeth slipped a bangle on John, “John Mr Vater said, His son in law should also wear a bangle so all will know he has my protection.” The bangle seemed to grip John tightly and he could not find the release catch.

John had many safe trips then he noticed certain changes occurring to his body. He spoke to his sister she also had noticed changes and so had their mother.

The mother, “John we need to sell up and move away from here and start again.” The three of them where to move many times until finally they moved to Hellifield in Yorkshire.

Gaby, “The mother kept her name but each time John & Elizabeth moved they changed their names. Elizabeth became Faith Lynn and John Isolde; Yes I did my homework on you three.”

John, “It is a long time since I was John, I shared my all with a maid of the sea and I became her. She did not die but lives on in me.”

Gaby, “John long ago you said some prayers can you remember them?”

John, “I said The Empress of the Seas alone knows my thoughts and deeds. If she though fit to provide me with a wife then I would accept her will. Mother Mary Queen of Heaven I ask not for me but for the girl who lies sleeping in the other room. Please send your angels to protect her & restore her life. The Sea has been my way and life. Soon I have to set sail again. The sea has given me this maid If it is your will let it be. Empress of the seas I trust in your judgement. In front of our families I plight my troth to this fair maid of the sea. I John take Ariel to be my lawful wife for as long as you deem right.”

Gaby looked at Isolde, “You asked for help from the Heavenly Queen and the Empress of the seas.”

“I did and I lost and found my Ariel. Look at me now nobody would ever think I once was a Sea Captain. I slipped up in my prayers I should have also asked for Elizabeth also. Recently though with the advent of computers it has got harder for us to start a new. We had thought of moving again but to be honest we do not want to move again as where we are feels like home.”

Gaby, “Faith Lynn have your legs improved slightly? My friend Hope found water was the best to make her limbs stronger, she can walk short distanced unaided. I have arranged for you both to have intensive therapy.”

Isolde looked shocked, “Sorry that is not possible my sister is allergic to water.”
Faith Lynn, “Isolde it is time we both admitted the truth. I had polio which paralysed the lower half of my body. When I go into water I can swim like a fish and so can mother & Isolde. On dry land I have to drag myself along.”

Gaby, “Are you trying to tell me all three of you are maids of the sea.”

Isolde, “Ok I admit all three of us have changed over the centuries. I once was a man & now I appear a woman but I am more than that as are all three of us.”

Hope was smiling away.”So Charity are you also a mermaid like us?”

Isolde spluttered and Hope said, “You honestly did not believe that you were the only ones.”

“Amazon, Amazonia, Atlanta, Fleta, Lindi, Pegi, Josie, Linda, Serena, Simone, Chrissie and the others can you also bring Mr Nemo & Robyn & all the others I have not named.”

As Neptune appeared Isolde spluttered “Mr Vater.”

“Hello John in front of me you took a Princess of the Sea as your wife. She now is with the Empress of the Heavens as her companion as you will be shortly.”
Isolde, “Thank you for telling me my life is over Mr Vater or should I say King Neptune.”

Neptune, “John When I first met you I could see the compassion in you. For years you and your family have hospitalised my sick children and returned them to me. Do not think it goes unnoticed. A test was set for you and you passed with flying colours. The reward was for all three of you as a companion of the Empress of Heaven.”

Isolde smiled, “At last I get to kiss my beloved again. If the Empress wants me as a companion then I Isolde formerly known as Captain John Brigstock give her my life my soul my all.”

Gaby, “River do you think that King Neptune’s request that these three be granted companion status should be granted?”

River, “The final decision on mermaids lies with Mermaid No 1.”

For a second there was a blinding flash & John, Elizabeth & their mother found themselves in a court. A voice said, “I have three mermaids here who seek permission to become companions of the Empress.”

Gaby, “John what magic breaks all bonds and is the strongest of all.”

John, “I have never dabbled in magic. I pray but that is all & the reason I am here is because I still want to be united with Ariel.”

Ariel, “Gaby he is still as much in love with me now as ever was.”

Gaby, “John this is the last time you will be called John from now we will all refer to you as Isolde Ariel. All my companions agree all three of you should be admitted. Isolde Ariel I want you to go through that door on my right and there you will find what you seek.”

Faith Lynn pinched herself, “That was some performance you put on for my sister.”

Gaby, “Elizabeth you kept your first name but changed your surname, Brigstock, Franey, Harrison, Bradley it make interesting reading only two of your children have appeared to have survived. When one died you always returned it to the sea likewise all your partners.”

Elizabeth thought for a moment, “Actually you missed one I changed my name once to Sarah Anne Wolfe & I had a couple of daughters I lost track of & so they never where buried at sea.”

Gaby, “Ah that explains Charity & Linda's heritage I presume I will trace her back to you also.”

Faith looked at Elizabeth, “Are you my Granny as mummy never tells us much about Granny?”

Elizabeth said, “It is possible you are my grand child or great grandchild until I meet your mother I will not know which it is.”

Just then Candice Wolfe appeared,” Can I help you”?

Elizabeth looked her over and said, “Which was your mother Ellen or Lisa?”

“I was the only one Mum & Aunt Lisa & my dad all drowned in an accident off the Great Barrier Reef. I was brought up in a children’s home. I recently got a job with GB law services but I have been ordered to accompany the children on a tour of America.”

“Have you also signed a contract?”

“Until today I did not realise my bosses were the ones sponsoring the children’s visit to America.”

Elizabeth, “As you have admitted knowing both my missing daughters I can safely say you are my granddaughter although I knew nothing about you and the other two are your aunts.”

Linda, “Cool Charity & I get a proper Granny.”

Faith, “Linda I would give you a hug but while I can swim I have lost the use of my legs.”

Elizabeth, “Do you know exactly where the ship went down.”

Candice, “I was left in England with friends and they sent me post cards of where they went. The last postcard I got was of a ship they were hoping to go sailing on before returning to home.”

Maddy returned with Andi who have done a search for ships that have gone down near the Great Barrier Reef. These are the likely ones the one we think is the best chance is the Cruise ship the Pacifica. Initially it was reported everyone was off safely & then after a roll call three people were found to be missing.”

Candice, “Wait a minute I have a picture of the Cruise ship & you can see if it is the same.”

Gaby looked at the picture, “I presume you already have a location for this ship? “It looks as if GB salvage will be paying a visit to Australia.”

Nessie, “You do realise this area attracts lots of fish & therefore attracts lots of sharks.”

Gaby smiled, “Aunt there will not be a problem if I take all the sea Dragons with me.”

Cleo spoke up. “The smell alone of so many sea dragons would drive the sharks away.”

Gaby, “Although we have a position where the Pacifica was reported sinking it could actually be some distance away. Candice I want you to continue with the others to America and we will let you know the outcome. I will join you there.”

The following morning Candice and the group left Lady Anne Airport for John F Kennedy Airport. The flight would take about 8 hours. Mean while Gaby had assembled her team. Nessie appeared with Elizabeth and the remainder of Neptune’s partners. I hope you where not going without me as we all want to tag along.”

“Elizabeth am I to take it that you have decided to team up with aunt Nessie?”

Lindi, “Gaby Elizabeth already wears the band of a wife so other than being officially presented to you she is already a wife of Neptune. It also means that Neptune will also be giving away some more daughters.”

Gaby changed the settings on the sceptre and the entire group found themselves on the seafront in a dessert like area. Gaby spun round when she heard a voice say. “Ah my daughter brings her queen & friends to visit.”

Gaby, “Chief we have come looking for a wreck that happened some time ago round here.”

One of the natives brought some stuff out of the hut. “We found all this & put it here but we never saw the ship go down.”

River saw a porpoise playing in the lagoon. She dived in and went to play with it. A short while later River returned.

“Gaby the porpoise can show us where the ship is. She is here at the moment because there is a great concentration of Great whites on the other side of the reef.”

Nessie, “Daughters it is time we all went for a swim.” As they got into the water the girls did not have to change as the Pheromones started to do their work.

River spoke to the porpoise, “They are friends. We come looking for three people who may have survived the accident. The porpoise went swimming up to Gaby & Robyn and started to nuzzle them.

“My Queens you may not recognise me but I have previously drunk both your milk.”

Gaby, “You are the baby we rescued and fed before you where released again.”
The porpoise swam up to Nessie.

“Sea dragon I wish to thank you for previously helping my friends save my life. With the Queens will you swim alongside us?”

As the scent of the Sea dragons drifted in the water the great Whites in all took off. They soon found the wreck. Gaby called in the lifting team and soon the wreck was on a barge. Searching the area they found a series of caves.

Gaby & Maddy where the ones to find them. All three were asleep in a bed of kelp. Gaby tapped them and all three awoke.

“Hello how did you get in here as the sharks prevented us from getting out. We have plenty of food.”

Gaby, “I presume I have Ellen & Lisa.”

The third spoke up, “I was Ellen’s Husband but something happened to me and so the girls now call me Sian.”

Gaby, “I take it you wish to escape from the caves.” They followed Gaby and the other out of the cave system and back to the lagoon.

Gaby looked at the Porpoise, “Where is your mother?”

“We got separated some time ago I think she is still in the pod with Willie.”

Gaby, “Maddy you & I are taking baby here back to Willie.” The next instant the porpoise found she was again swimming with her mum & Willie.

Gaby, “Willie this little one has just taken on thousands of Great Whites. They fled from her when they saw she was in the company of sea dragons.” The calf got in the pod behind Willie.

Gaby & Maddy returned to Australia. The Dream peoples had all started to arrive. When Gaby got back she noticed a massive tent had been erected.

The chief explained it was to keep Gaby & friends out of the sun. He also explained that while only a small proportion of the Dream people could make it to England there was no excuse for them not to come here.

The Chief, “I have summands all to attend. Most should be with us in a couple of days.”

Lola, “Father we will be glad to receive our people and while we are here we will take the opportunity to explore the seas around here.”

Sian, “After I changed we found many wrecks. Some new & some old we can show you them if you wish.”

Gaby, “Who is for a working break until all the dream people arrive and then we can have a party after that I have to go and join the others in America.”

Elizabeth was hugging her daughters, “Sian I suppose you also are my daughter now.”

Robyn, “Elizabeth father has already met your other daughters but he has still to meet these.” As Robyn spoke the sea boiled and there stood Neptune in all his glory. The dream people lay prostrate on the ground and covered their eyes.
Neptune walked across to Elizabeth, “So I have three more daughters. My niece it would appear that you have gained three more mermaids to add to your collection.”

Elizabeth, “Neptune this is Sian & this Ellen Candice's parents & Aunt Lisa.”
Neptune placed a band on Sian “Now you are the same as the others. When we get home I must present you all although it will have to wait until the others return from America. In the mean time you can get used to your new skills and also get to know your sisters.”

Gaby noticed one group of dream People who appeared to be abusing a teenage child. “Stop that at once.”

The chief, “The father tells me that they are doing this to ward off evil. The child came home one day and said he had seen three girls with tails swimming.”
“According to our legends when the bay is full of maids with tails then the dream people shall be no more.”

Gaby, “Chief and parents come with me. You saw my friends all go into the lagoon. See they are waving to you. Ariel can you and all the others do a handstand and wave your legs at us.”

The chief and the parents knelt down, “You took my daughter as a partner. I did not realise you also ruled the seas and skies.”

Gaby, “Chief your prophecy in a way was correct. Although it had already come to fruition when I took Princess Lola as a partner. Lola demonstrate for your father please.”

Lola stretched out her arms and went on to her toes. Her wings appeared and Lola flew up into the air. Then she went down to the Lagoon and raised her legs. “Yes father I can also swim like the fishes.”

Gaby turned to the parents of the child. “Give her to me?”

The chief, “He is terrified he may have incurred your wrath.”

The child came over to Gaby, “My father cannot obey that command as I am neither male nor female but both.”

Gaby touched the child and the bruising vanished. “I will reword the command
present me with your only child.”

The mother turned to the husband, “Do you intend to further incur the wrath of the gods can you not see our child is already under their protection.”

The mother took hold of the child, “If our Chief can present you with his daughter then so can I.”

Lola took hold of the child, “Now we see if you have been accepted.” The two of them flew into the air together.

The father crossed himself. “Holy Mother protect my child. I did not wish her harm.”
Gaby looked at the man, “Your child is one with me she will come to no harm. I know your mind and realised that you only did what you thought was for the best. I am sorry to tell you though your fate and all the tribe was sealed when I took Princess Lola as my bride. As from today you will no longer be called the Dream People instead you will be call Heavens Children. The chief will continue as my representative & occasionally I will drop in from time to time unexpected to check up on you all. Once a year you will all be summoned to a grand gathering here. I may or may not decide to take additional partners from Heavens people.”

“For now though my partners and I are on vacation and we are searching for wrecks to dive on.”

The same man spoke, “Mistress we know where there are many wrecks but the tide was too strong for us to salvage any of them. He walked them round the bay.

Ariel dived in. “Gaby the tide is strong but we have dived in worse conditions.” When she came up she said, “Gaby if Heavens children are willing to help by preparing meals and sorting the artefacts out we could have a good time here.”

The chief spoke to his people and soon they had established a camp for them all.” The Wrecks proved easy to bring up. After a while there was quite a collection of artefacts on the seashore.

Atlanta, “We have found some black marble statues have we to bring them up?” The statues where all brought up and they had a strange effect on the tribe. Even the chief was shaking. Gaby looked at the 10 statues the largest looked like her.

The chief was saying. “When the bay is full of maids with tails then once again will the black gods rise from the sea. They shall once again walk the earth as they did in the past & their children shall fall down before them.”

Gaby,”So chief you are terrified of a few statues but not of me.” Gaby signalled to the nine to stand by their statue. “Chief tell me what you now see?” He looked at the statues and then at each girl.

“Mistress like you they already walk the earth.”

Gaby waved her hand and the statues where removed back home. Another of the Dream people came, “Goddess if you please I know where there is another statue of you although it is partially covered in sand.”

Gaby, “I will come and see for myself. Yes I think you are correct bur we had best get back as a storm is brewing. Winds, North, East, South & West do your work and uncover the dust of time so all may see the wonders below.”

Kat in America.

In America the Americans had met the group. Mfawney Morgan was wondering where her other friends had go too. Maddy discovered she was staying with Miss Bell, as there was not room at her friend’s home. The two groups met up at the High School. Miss Bell welcomed them to America. “Whilst in America I understand the Sherwood Foresters will be entered into various competitions and also they will be supporting team Goddess as they try to win the American junior title.”

The first day was taken up with settling in their new surroundings. That night the girls hardly got much sleep as they chatted. Brittany, “Kat I hope you brought all your things.”

Jules. “Oh these days it is all Kat's things. Cool because we all have a practise session in the gym at 10.00 AM.” Even Jules groaned. The following morning there was a race for the bathroom as all four girls got themselves ready.

In the school hall they found that there was no uniform unlike their school. The principal looked at the English children and said, “The school governors have decided that we also will look as smart as our English cousins and so with this in mind I am organising a competition for the uniform.”

“Whilst they are staying with us some of our English Friends are entered in various competitions here. I hope you all give them as much support as the remainder of the school teams. Whilst they are with us I want you all to treat them as you would any other pupil. Some of their lessons they will be having with us and others they will be having with their own teachers & Miss Bell.”

Gaby smiled as she spotted Bluebell Fluttering about. Maddy, “I wonder how many other guardians we have that we were not told about.”

The Principal spotted Gaby talking. “You girl what where you saying?” Gaby went to the front and held her hand out. “Gaby Bond sir. I was just saying how excited we all were to be here finally & Brittany was wishing me and the team luck in the competition.”

Miss Bell whispered to the Principal that this was the British & European junior cycling champion & her mother was the world champion.

“So young lady you decided to try for the American title while you are staying here?”

Gaby, “Actually sir I already hold the American Junior title. This time though I have brought all the junior team here. We are all going to try for every major title while we are here. In addition some of us are also entered with a disabled person for the tandem rides.”

One of the American boys shouted out. “Go Gaby go.”

The principal called him up, “I will not tolerate ruddiness or you telling this young lady to go home.”

Gaby laughed, “Actually it is a complement he must have seen my cheerleaders cheering me on television.”

Miss Bell, “Ever since our previous visit to England Gaby here also has her personal cheerleading team and as far as I understand it comprises of British & Americans.”

Miss Bell, “Will Gaby’s cheerleaders come to the front and demonstrate please.”
Only three of the English girls were not in the team. They though decided to join their friends as they went into the routine joined by Brittany & friends.

The principal, “I notice some of these are my pupils but they perform better for you. I think seeing the following you appear to have that on the days you are racing that the entire school goes to those races. Please note though this will not be a holiday I expect everyone to write a full report of the day’s events.”

One by one the adults who had come over with the children were introduced to the principal.

up
53 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos