The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 5 New Beginnings Ch. 29

Printer-friendly version
New Beginnings Chapter 29
Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman
Shaolin-students.jpg
extreme-car-wash.jpg
owls.jpg

We enjoyed the weekend very much. It is still winter with the cold air here. The high is about 58 degrees F now. The lows are about 32 degrees F again this week. It is still the first week of February 3, 2113. It is a Thursday. We are still hoping the warm air will arrive in the middle of February.

Thursday is a repeat of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. When we arrive at the Jacksonville Shaolin Dojo I see Robert with a big smile on his face when he sees me. I smile at him with my big smile.

~~~000~~~
~~~000~~~

Meanwhile, on the Cars planet, George W. is being checked out by the other Techs at a car shop in Charleston, SC.

“Obviously we need to change the front glass window. That way you can see where you are going. Once that is done, you will need to have an Extreme Car Wash. Also you will need a new paint job.”

“Yes, yes, please make it happen, Techs.”

They put a front glass window he can now see out through his eyes on the front glass. They take him over to the Extreme Car Wash area in a stall. Once he is hooked up. George W. gets a lot of shaking in all directions. The Extreme Car Wash gets him totally clean with liquid soap and water. Once he is unhooked he backs out and drives forward.

“Hmmm. . . well you are a lot better now. I still detect a smell of love bugs underneath the chassis. Well, let’s get your new paint job now.” He comes out from the paint room. He looks at himself in the mirror. He has a new green paint job. He smiles when he sees the reflection in the mirror.

“Well let’s try some deodorants to hide the love bug scent.” They try several different scents. The best one they found is the evergreen forest type scent. The love bug scent is a lot less potent now. They still detect love bug scent underneath the chassis.

“Come back again in three weeks this month we will try another scent.”

“Yes, I’ll be back at this time in three weeks.” George W. takes off down the road in Charleston, SC. He orders another office that is another building. He knows his first office is still stinking with love bugs.

The Office Techs remove the drywalls from the all of the rooms. They still smell the stench of love bugs in carpet. They also rip up carpet as well. The still smell the love bugs in the old office. They determine it is coming from the frame supports for the walls.

~~~000~~~
~~~000~~~

We have Brianna review the holds, arm sweeps and leg and blocks movement again in front of Sifu Chou. She is very fluid with the movements now.

“That’s very good, Brianna. First up you are going to use two wooden batons first. Then it is the wooden sword. The last will be Staff fight on the beam and the ground attack.”

Brianna goes over to the wall and picks up two wooden batons. I walk over the wall again and retrieve the two wooden batons. She walks up to Sifu Chou and myself.

“The first position is walking around correctly with the lead foot. Watch Richard as he is doing it.”

With each step with my lead foot, I switch positions with the hands. When right foot is leading, my right hand is forward as well and a little lower. While that is happening, my left hand is held up high behind me.

She practices for the next fifteen minutes. “That’s good, Brianna. Richard is going over to the wooden wall and retrieve the staff.” I walk over and put the two wooden batons. I place them on the metal wires. I retrieve one of the staffs. I walk over to stand with Sifu Chou and Brianna. “The first position is creating a ‘X’ type trap with Richard’s staff. Then you swing it down to the left or right hand side. Then you come up with your left arm or right arm and hit his wrists or forearms. You will do it slow for the three times until you are comfortable with it. Then will do it at normal speed the next time.”

I come in slow to my right side with the staff. She creates the ‘X’ trap and swings to her left side. She slowly comes up and hits my both of my wrists with her right arm with the wooden baton.

The next time, I come in my right side with the staff. She creates the ‘X’ trap and swings to her right side. She comes up and hits my both of my forearms slowly.

The next time, I come in from my left side. Brianna creates the ‘X’ trap and swings it to her right side. She hits my left wrist and my right forearm.

“That’s very good, Brianna. Now we will do it normal speed.”

I come in right side with the staff. She creates the ‘X’ trap and swings it to her right side and down. She comes up and hits my right wrist and left forearm. “Oww!! Oww!!”

“That’s good Brianna. You and Richard take a fifteen minute water break and eat an apple Now we’ll focus the advance forms for the crane for Qiang and Richard after the break.”

Sifu Quon comes up to Xiang and me. “The advance forms for the crane is swinging your hips to the left or right to avoid being hit there. You can take a step to keep your balance as well.” Sifu Quon demonstrates the moves for us. We copy the moves very easily that we are shown.

“Now you will do the sparrow and crow boxing formats. You will also demonstrate the dagger throwing as well and do the advance crane forms to avoid being hit.” We accomplish it all very fast. Qiang and I are awarded the sixth black sash with six double white strings on the black sash.

“The next three birds to learn are the owl, eagle and the hawk. We have here six mandolins to create the Eagle Claw with the hands. There is peacock feathers with the knives, butterfly knives and fans with knives. For the owl you will learn the fans with knives and butterfly knives. The owl special feature you will need to learn how to use your ears and eyes to see at night. You will need to learn the use moon light and no moon at night as well. The hawk is the last lesson to learn. It is a unique boxing style that is different from the sparrow and crow boxing styles. Also you will use peacock feathers with knives as well. So for tomorrow night we will be outside and try to learn use your ears and eyes to see at night.”

We all pack up and go back to our apartments and homes. Brianna and take another quick shower to cleaned up. We make sure we in our warm night clothes and get under the covers for another great night sleep. I set the alarm for 6:30 AM in the morning.

We all get another great night of sleep during the night. Once the alarm sounds out loud at 6:30 AM, I turn it off.

We get ourselves ready. The fairies take their morning shower in the girls bathroom. I make two more turkey sandwiches with lettuce and tomatoes. I put two cups of blueberry yogurt into the cooler. For the hard fruits it is three red delicious apples. I will be drinking cold water for lunch and dinner, I put in two tall bicycle water containers in there as well. I put in three blue ice packs in the cooler from the freezer.

Then Brianna and I make our breakfast as well in the kitchen. We serve up rice cereal with powdered milk. We each take an orange for ourselves. Robert has his usual for breakfast. That is warm oatmeal with no powdered milk and seedless grapes each one is cut in half. The fairies take their own showers in the girls bathroom. Soon, they are smelling like flowers. They fly down to the dining room area. They make their own honey-water cups, they take out the nuts and fruits for their breakfast from the satchel.

We get cleaned up again. Brianna wipes the dribble from eating the grapes from Robert’s mouth. Soon, he is smiling again.

Brianna gets her car packed up needed for the day in Jacksonville Rescue Mission. She puts a nectar lading plant on the rear floor of the car for the fairies, that is Lavan, White Rose, Bianca and White Acacia. She makes sure Robert’s basinet and carriage into the rear seat. She buckles the basinet onto the rear seat on the left hand side. Once she is loaded up, she uses the garage door open to roll the garage door upward. She exits the garage, she drives off to the Jacksonville Rescue Center. I get the car loaded up as well. I put into two nectar lading plants on the rear floor on the right side. The rest of my fairies flutter into the plants and hang on with their hands. I exit the driveway and drive to Secure-Sys in Jacksonville. I push the button to lower the garage door downward. I discovered the temperature is now 60 degrees F in the Jacksonville area. It is now Friday.

I arrive at the gate, 7:45 AM. Once my transponder is accepted at the gate, I drive to an empty parking lot with some shade for the afternoon. I lower the rear window down about two inches. I put up the screens for the windows. I lock the doors of the car. “Beep! Beep!” I plug in the portable heater in the cigarette lighter and turn it on.

The fairies fly out in butterfly mode to check the area out. They see it is still Winter here. There no flowers blooming yet. They do see the flowers are just starting to bud. Hopefully, in a week, the flowers will come forth in the middle of February. They have their exercise for 10 minutes. They get under the blanket for the 15 minutes to get themselves warmed up. They open their satchel to retrieve the nuts and fruits they like. Then make their own cups of warm honey-water. They sip on it to keep themselves warm through out the day. They will do another flight during lunch and dinner like before.

I enter the front office and walk to my office on the second floor using the stairs. I check the programs that are left in my in-box. I check with Darrell to see how is he doing. We collaborate together and divide the stack of programs into two piles. Darrell and I get them done by 11 AM. We circle in pencil what is needed to get them corrected for the programmers. Most of the time it is making sure the values are corrected for the time going through the four gates. There were a few syntax errors at this time.

The remaining programs showed up by 11 AM. We got those done by 12:15 PM. I walk into the break room to have my lunch. I eat the turkey sandwich, the cup of blueberry yogurt, and the red delicious apple. I drink the water from my cooler, it is nice and cold now. I get done with my lunch by 1:00 PM. I wash my hands in the men’s restroom and return back to my office on the second floor. For the afternoon, I continue to add more stories to the hard drives in areas of fiction and non-fiction. I check my in-box from time to time. This time I see two programs left to do. I corrected them on time. I get done with the day 5 PM this time.

I have my dinner again in the break room. I go back to my desk and create 11 more copies of the new 3D Server. I put them in plastic cases. These eleven copies are going to the eleven Outside Helpers in our Local Group. I make another copy for Twainor for the Space Dragon Star Ships. I keep the group together in another folder. I write on the folder, “For the Local Group.” I put it on the bottom where the other folders are kept in the bottom drawer.

Once that is done, I go out to my hybrid car. I arrive at the Jacksonville Dojo by 6:30 PM. I lower the rear window about two inches. I set up the screens for the windows of the car. I plug in the portable heater in the cigarette lighter and turn it on. They flutter about for 15 minutes and fly back in. The get under the blanket to get themselves warmed up. They each take 3 nuts and 3 fruit pieces to get their energy back up. They make their own cups of warm honey-water. They sip on the warm honey-water cups to keep themselves warmed up.

I enter the dojo. I see Robert with a big smile on his face. I give my own big smile as well. I enter in the locker room area and change into my gi clothes. I create the combination and put my duffle bag in the locker. I wrap the 6th degree black sash and tie it up front. I put my tennis shoes on with no socks on.

Qiang and I sit outside. We listen very carefully with our ears. We use our eyes to see at night. Our eyes are very open to see at night.

“What do you hear Qiang?”

“I feel two birds are singing their songs. It is over to right of us and up trees in that direction.”

“I sense it too, Qiang. I also hear a frog croaking to my left on the ground as well.” I point in that direction.

“That’s good, Qiang and Richard. You have a good set of ears. Come let’s come inside, we’ll focus on the butterfly knives first. Then it will be the fans with knives on Monday night.”

We get up from ground we brush the dry dirt off our pants. We enter back into the dojo.

We copy the moves as shown by Sifu Quon. We start using the butterfly knives and quickly learn how to open and close them very fast.

We all get back to apartments and homes and have a restful weekend the next two days.

~~~000~~~

After breakfast Saturday morning, Brent realizes he will get some peace and quiet for once.

But when he gets done with his lunch. He takes the trash and put in large trash can that has a big 55 gallon bag in it. He takes the trays and the plastic utensils and drops them off. He mumbles to himself, “I’m still the best programmer.”

He turns around faces a felon that is four feet high. “Yeah, what do you want say to me?”

“If you’re the best programmer. How come some one stopped the Euro Scam? Heh, heh, heh, . . .”

“What?!?!”

Soon everyone is snickering and laughing at the same time in the dining hall. “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!” “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!”

“I’m still the best programmer!! Richard got lucky!!”

“Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!” “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!”

“AARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH!!!” He storms out of dining hall mad again!!!

“I love it!”

Soon everyone is snickering again and laughing again. “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!” “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!”

“Let’s do it again on Friday after his dinner a month later!!!”

“I love it!”

Even the four guards are snickering and laughing with the felons. “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!” “Heh, heh, heh!!” “Hah, hah, hah!!”

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ambiguity

On Cars World, George W. is being checked out by the other Techs at a car shop in Charleston, SC.

This needs to be re-worded. I read this (and the following paragraph) 5-7 times before I finally figured out that you were not talking about a TV show Richard watching.

"Meanwhile on the Cars planet" might be a better alternative.

Glad to see another chapter

Glad to see another chapter of this story. With Richard and Brianna doing all their training, will they be teaching any of this to others on the other planets?