The Decaying World: Proof of Concept

Printer-friendly version

This world reeks. I’ve been here for three months and in that time I noticed that everyone here is pretty much a zombie. Not the average everyday eat your face zombie, more like they just shuffle about and don’t really pay attention to their surroundings or each other. Turns out they’re being controlled on top of that, I just don’t know how yet.

I came here from another world, another dimension if you would, called Sarlian. Where we all have free will and were prospering from it. We were studying other ways of travel and teleportation. I volunteered for an experiment and that’s how I ended up here. In this forsaken world called Irias. The technology is the same but they aren’t doing any experiments here. They aren’t even growing. It’s as if the entire world stopped moving. Even the kids aren’t playing. I have to find the root of this disaster….somehow…. I’ve been looking through libraries and different books in the old ruins around the city. They all point to an experiment being done several years ago. The last one attempted. But they don’t say what it was supposed to do or where it was held, Or even if it was related, but I need to find out.

I really want to go home to Sarlian, back where everyone is. But that isn’t an option, not while this world is decaying as it is. There’s a tower in the middle of the city that everyone seems to avoid. I’m going to check there next. I’ll report my findings here when I do. If for some reason I don’t make it back, I hope someone finds this diary and picks up where I left off. Save your world, do something different. Open your mind and think, start growing, start experimenting, start living! If you can do that, then already you are different than the others.
Kiranim Silvanae

I sighed and closed my diary and placed it in my bag, placing it on my shoulder. While I did write that note, I didn’t intend for anyone to find it yet. I had to have my diary with me just in case. Walking over to the window and pulling up my hood I stared out over the city of decay towards the tower. The tower was impressive standing over 200 stories tall, the top of it loomed high in the sky glowing green as a symbol. A symbol that stated you are owned. The answers I’m looking for have to be in that tower….. they have to be.
I made sure all my stuff was packed into my pack and securely fastened on my shoulder. Leaving the room as I found it, I made my way towards the roof. After selecting my path I started jumping from building to building across the city towards the tower.

***Note from Author****
This is just a proof of concept right now. I don't know if it's something I will continue with yet or not. If it's good enough I'll see about forming it into a full fledged story. After so long of staying in stalemate I wanted to do something. So I did this. If you want me to continue it let me know. I'm planning some TG stages later in the plot line, but I don't want to plan too much with out an idea if I'm going to continue this or not.

Kitten.

up
68 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You could do a lot with it in

You could do a lot with it in so many different ways and all that before you even got to the TG element. It could be anything from a mystery story to a typical "fish out of water" story to a suspense story. I suggest thinking about how you want it to unfold first, you left us with so many options that you could not go wrong with any of them.

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

I certainly have an idea of

I certainly have an idea of where I want it to go. And I do appreciate the comment. Problem with me is my idea is just too broad. lol so I'll spend some time looking it over and see how I can get it there.

Never be afraid to push yourself to new limits. While you might not see the path, you will be amazed at what you can achieve.