The Other Side Of The Door

Printer-friendly version

"Get out now!"The house is on fire! I screamed.

"My brother Dan was on the other side of the locked bathroom door.

That was the last thing I said to him before the world went black.

I woke up three days later in the hospital.

"Mom? Where am I? I asked. Where is Dan?

"I am sorry honey", but he didn't make it. Mom said through her tears.

I wanted to die as the guilt washed over me.

"It's my fault!" I sobbed.

Mom said "Hush child" There was nothing anyone could do.

Ten years later.......

" Mommy" "Mommy!" "It's okay sweety" "Mommy's here!

"Another bad dream?" I asked.

"Yes" I was trapped and I couldn't get out" Danielle said

"Couldn't get out of where? I asked.

" A fire?"

" Yes Mommy","It was horrible" She said.

" I will stay here with you, Okay honey?

"I love you Mommy" She said

"I love you too sweetheart" " I said .

This dream had been happening with increasing frequency at night whenever Danielle went to sleep.

My husband and I were at a loss to find a way to comfort her.

We consulted Child Psychologists and specialists from all over including online.

She slept in the bed with us and even that didn't seem to help.

A week later, I took her to my mother's house so I could go out and shop for her 7th birthday party.

Danielle loved to go visit her grandma and they were as close as ever.

When the door flew open, Danielle was on her way to the outstretched arms of my mother. She smothered her in hugs

and kisses.

"Mom" " I should only be gone a couple of hours" I said.

"Don't worry Kim" I have a few things in mind to keep her busy"

" Okay Mom", I will see you two later" I told them.

" Take your time honey" Mom shouted to me as I left.

I got into my car and started for the Mall and parked there fifteen minutes later.

I went to "The Children's World Boutique and bought the new dress that Danielle had been begging me for.

Then, I went to "The Disney Store" and bought her a princess costume with all the accessories.

It was expensive, but she had been such a good girl that I splurged a little more.

I walked over a nearby sandwich shop for lunch and then picked up a cake at the bakery.

It was two o'clock by the time I got back to my mother's house.

My mother greeted me at the door looking like she had seen a ghost.

"What happened Mom?" I asked.

" Where is she?"

" Down for a nap" Mom said.

She said " Come to the kitchen and sit down, because you will not believe this"

I said "What?"

She began to explain what she and Danielle had been up to while I was gone.

"First of all, "She wanted to look at picture albumns so I said Okay!

"We opened up the first book and she saw a picture of Dan in there"

"She starts to tell me where and when it was taken and my jaw dropped, because she knew things that I never

mentioned before".

"On the next page, "She saw a picture of your Uncle Joe and then told me how he died in Vietnam."

"Those details are things that only our immediate family knew about" Mom said.

"I know Mom" I remember the day you sat down with me and Dan and told us".

"Mom continued to explain the other strange things about the day.

" I took her into my bedroom and showed her things in my jewelry box that had been put away in the fireproof

safe during the fire"

"She talked about the heart pendant that Dan got me for Mother's Day when he was ten".

" It was spooky" Mom said.

" I want to check something" I said.

"Do you remember what Dan was wearing when they found his body? I reminded.

Mom said "Yes" " He was wearing your Denim Mini skirt, Pink blouse and black pumps "

" I will schedule a session with a Hypnotherapist I know from work"

"If there is the possibility, I will ask her to mention it while Danielle is under"

" It seems far fetched, but there are just too many things that are too close to the truth" I said.

We put the issue on the back burner and set about getting things ready for the party. Mom decorated while

I went to give Danielle a bath and wash her hair.

We came out and Mom had everything ready for the invasion of twenty screaming kids at four o'clock.

The kids arrived on time and soon they were laughing and giggling all through the house.

It was mayhem until we called everyone in for cake and gift opening.

Danielle's eyes lit up with excitement as she saw the dress and the costume we got her.

She jumped up and ran over and smothered me with hugs and kisses.

"Thank you Mommy! " I love you so much!"

" I wish Daddy was here" She pouted.

" I know sweetheart" but his plane was delayed" I told her.

" He told me he would take you somewhere special when he got back" I said

"Goody" I would love that" said Danielle.

"Let's open up everything else so you can say thank you to your friends" I reminded her.

"Okay Mommy" She giggled .

The party broke up around six, so we cleaned up and put everything away.

Danielle went off to play with her dolls while Mom and I continued to talk about the earlier

conversation.

"If it is really true" How should we handle it?" I asked.

" How would you feel about opening old wounds?" Mom asked me.

" It would be hard, but then again, I would feel at peace knowing that Dan is still with us in a

way" I told her.

"If we do find out", "Do you want me to have Samantha release her from those memories? I asked.

"I think it would be best" Danielle is a little girl and if she was Dan, then I think he got what

he wished for in this life"

" I know Dear" "After he died", "I found his journal in the safe that was under his bed".

"He was a tortured soul who just wanted to be happy" Mom said.

"He was too ashamed and too scared to talk to us about it" " I never told your father about the

journal not even before he died"

"You know how he felt about things that didn't fit his view of the world" Mom continued.

" I remember what he said about Tom Carter when he came out to his parents". I reminded.

" Dan mentioned, in the entry for that day, that he knew then that he could never risk losing

his father's love and respect. Mom said.

" It is so sad to know that he died never knowing acceptance" I said.

" I loved him more than anything and I like to think I would have understood him and helped

her find herself" I said.

" I think so too" " I would have loved my child no matter what" Mom said.

"That is what mother's are supposed to do" I added.

" I think it is time to get Danielle home and ready for bed" I said

" I guess you're right" Mom told me

" I pray that she has a good night" I added

I went to get Danielle ready to go and we came out for one last kiss and hug from Mom.

"Goodnight sweetheart!" Mom said.

"Goodnight Grandma!" I love you!"Danielle said.

"Goodnight Angel!" I love you too!" said Mom

We arrived home and I got her ready for bed and kissed her goodnight.

I went downstairs and called Samantha and related the events of the day to her.

She agreed to set up a session for the next afternoon at 2.

I sat there in the quiet listening to hear her call out in her sleep.

Bill called and said that they had finally given up flying out until the next day.

I told him that the party went well and that his little girl missed him.

He said he felt terrible about missing it, but the weather could not be controlled.

I mentioned a little about what happened early in the day and we both agreed to wait

until the session with Samantha was over, before we made up our minds about it.

Chapter 2

"The Session"

We arrived at Samantha Brown's office the next day wondering what was going to

happen.

I had to admit that I was torn in two directions, but curious to know one way or

another.

Samantha used a relaxed environment much like a living room of a home.

She talked to Danielle about normal things to gauge her ability to be put under.

She got her to relax and then began to talk in a soothing calm voice as she gradually

brought her deeper into trance.

She counted down and then began to ask her questions about her memories.

Samantha: "What is your name?

Danielle: Daniel Joseph Roberts

Samantha: "Where are you?

Danielle: "I am at home hiding from my sister"

Samantha: " Where are you hiding?"

Danielle: "In the bathroom"

Samantha: "Why?"

Danielle: " I am ashamed and scared"

Samantha: " How come?"

Danielle: " I am wearing my sister's clothes and I know she will be mad"

Samantha: "What are you wearing?"

Danielle: " Her Denim Mini, Pink blouse and black heels"

Samantha: " What do you see on the sink?"

Danielle: " Kim's birth control pills"

Samantha: " Who is Kim?"

Danielle: " My sister"

Samantha: " Where is Kim now?"

Danielle: " Outside the door screaming about the house on fire"

Samantha: " Why won't you leave?"

Danielle: " Mom and Dad will kill me for being like this"

Samantha: " Why would they kill you?"

Danielle: " Dad hates people like me"

Samantha: " Why would he hate you?"

Danielle: " Because I am his daughter instead of the son he wants" ((Crying))

Samantha: " What is the name of his daughter?"

Danielle: " Which one? "Kim or me?"

Samantha: " You"

Danielle: " Danielle Elizabeth Roberts"

Samantha: " What is happening now?"

Danielle: " Can't breathe" " Getting sleepy"

Samantha: " What do you see now?"

Danielle: " Firemen picking up my sister"

Samantha: " Are they helping you?"

Danielle: " I am floating above watching my body, but no good!

Samantha: " Where do you go?"

Danielle:" Toward a really bright light"

Samantha:" Who do you see there?"

Danielle: " God!"

Samantha: " What is he saying?"

Danielle: " He says I will get to return to my family, but not now!"

Samantha: " When?"

Danielle; " Three years, when Kim has a baby

Samantha: " Why does he say this?"

Danielle: " He says that I deserve a chance to be happy as a girl"

Samantha: " Anything else?"

Danielle:" No.

Samantha tells Danielle to release the memories of her old life and just concentrate on now.

She counts her back in and Danielle opens her eyes.

Samantha hands me the tape and we head over to Mom's house.

We get to her house and she opens the door to see tears falling down my cheeks.

We embrace and step inside the door!

" It is true Mom" , "but I want you to hear the tape" I say to her.

We go inside and listen to it over coffee.

When it is finished, the floodgates open and tears of joy and sorrow flow from both our eyes.

Daniel has come back to us as the little girl he always was!

up
43 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Awwwww

This is such a beautiful tale! It's so cute and it started off sad but then it's so good and wonderful. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW it's so adorable!

 

    I just got to be me :D

 

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Happy Tears

'Nuf Said

Her Wish Was Granted

But how cruel that it such a tragedy to let her be the girl she wanted to be. A bitter sweet tale of magic and wonder. I believe that GOD loves everybody and wants for us to be happy.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Hypnotherapy Session Was Based on Experience

jengrl's picture

The session with the Hypnotherapist was loosely based on my own Past Life Regression experience. The process described is what I experienced as I was put under. I might talk about my true session in future writings.

Hugs,

Jenn

PICT0013_1_0.jpg

Very Nice

joannebarbarella's picture

I loved it. Very sweet. Nuff said.

One Can Only Hope

One can only hope that another chance of happiness in future lives could happen......

A real 'Heavenly' story,

Debra Sue

Nice Story

I read this story purely by chance and i wished i had read it earlier. Oh Well only 18 months late.

I enjoyed it very much

ELIZA


ELIZA

I don't know how close to

I don't know how close to buddism it is (I don't think it really is) but some koreans religion is based upon the past lives of their ancestors and in this particular religion their loved ones are treated as if they are alive (maybe two years) after their death.

My brother passed away about 14 months ago (he was 47: two years younger than me) and I can almost swear that part of his spirit was absorbed into me. Every now and again after his passing I do certain things or say certain things that seem distinctly (from) my brother. I still feel my brothers hug from the 8 months before his death when we were returning from collecting the things my father left us from his own passing. My brother was probably the best friend I have ever had. I treasure the fact that the last words I said to both my father and my brother was that I loved them. Unfortunately I know my dad must have thought of me as a freak and was disappointed in me because... even in the later years before his death I would kiss his cheek and tell him that I loved him. None of that is really related to this story but you might see how it comes to my mind when I read this story.