Nautilus

Printer-friendly version

John lay on his bed wishing it would go away. Not the bed. That thing at his crotch. It was bad enough just having it there. But it had started growing a bit. That was a bad sign, he really wasn't looking forward to puberty. But at least he hadn't started getting hairy yet. Except for small patch just above it.

It was probably wishful thinking, but he thought he was growing a little bit up top. From what he'd read on the web, it was probably just gynecomastia, but he'd take what he could get.

If only his... his penis wasn't growing. And his testicles were getting bigger too. To add insult to injury, he kept getting erections. And the urge to rub it. Sometimes, rubbing against his underwear would drive him half crazy,

Occasionally, it'd get so bad he had to stroke it. Yeah, it felt great but when he finished he just wanted to wash his hands again and again.

It was ever so much nicer playing with his nipples now that they'd started getting bigger. Of course now that they were so much more sensitive he had to be careful of them. He'd gotten pushed into a wall by a jerk and he thought his chest was going to explode it hurt so much.

Even so, the occasional pain was worth it for the extra sensitivity. He'd been gently rubbing and tweaking his nipples and had reached new heights, waves of sensation flooded through his body, cresting again and again.

But then as he basked in the afterglow that thing started throbbing again. Demanding attention, when he just wanted to enjoy the peaceful glow he'd been feeling.

Overcome by frustration, he reached down and grabbed his erection and yanked wishing he could pull it off.

There was a flash of pain and he found himself holding his penis and testicles in his hand. There was blood and some stringy things hanging from it writhing in the air. A glance down at his crotch showed more blood.

John screamed and passed out.

At the scream, his brother came running in. Harry took one look at John and yelled "Mom! Help! Johnny's ripped his dick off!"

That brought Patricia Thomas running. "Harry Thomas, you know better than to say something like..."

She'd been ready to give Harry both barrels when she came into the room and saw that it hadn't been yet another tasteless "joke". Instead she started giving orders.

"Patrick, get the car ready. We need to get John to the hospital. Harry, get me some clean towels from the cupboard. Sally, get me a gallon freezer bag from the kitchen."

As everyone scrambled to their tasks she looked over her son. While there was blood he didn't seem to be bleeding much. She checked his wrist and found a pulse. And she could see that he was breathing.

Harry was back with the towels. She packed one against the wound at John's crotch. then she used the other to pick up his genitals. She almost dropped them when they squirmed. Something didn't look right, but she didn't want to examine them carefully.

She had them wrapped up in the second towel as her daughter brought in the plastic bag. She put the wrapped genitals in the bag. She thought about ice, but they were only a few blocks from the hospital. And she wasn't sure if ice was a good idea or not.

She wrapped the already stained sheet around John and with help from Harry got him out to the car.

"Harry, you and Sally lock up the place and meet us at the hospital."

With that last command she just looked at her husband and he started the car moving. They pulled in to the ER entrance and someone ran up.

"You can't park here!"

Patrick yelled "My son is hurt. Please get a doctor."

After a quick exchange of info they had a gurney out and loaded John onto it Patricia followed them in as Patrick went to park the car.

While his parents filled out paperwork, a doctor was examining John.

"Wait. This isn't right. There's some blood, but not nearly enough. And some of it looks wrong. Get swabs of both up to the lab. Stat."

Examining the patient's injury a bit more, the doctor muttered to the nurse. "Look, there's some torn skin, but not a lot of bleeding..."

He carefully wiped away the blood and gently pushed aside some of the torn skin.

"Nurse! Where are the detached parts?"

One of the nurse's waved him over to the tray where she was rinsing the patient's detached genitals with saline.

After a close look at the structures where the organs had ripped free he stalked out of the exam room to confront the parents.

"Just what the hell is going on here? Why are you trying to get us to attach that thing to your daughter?"

The next few minutes were not pretty.

Eventually everyone quit yelling and calmed down somewhat, the doctor understood that yes, that really was the couple's son, and as far as they knew those were his genitals. And they were trying to grasp that their son apparently had a vagina that'd been exposed when his(?) genitals were ripped off. And that there was something odd about those genitals.

"OK, I'm going to call in a specialist. I think we have time because your child's detached 'parts' seem to be capable of surviving on their own for a while. At least they are still warm, and responding to stimulus."

They'd gotten lucky. The MRI was free, so they scanned the kid and the "parts" before the specialist arrived. Wonder of wonders, the rush on the lab results had gotten the blood tests back too.

"OK, so the patient was admitted as a boy with traumatically detached genitals. Upon examination, patient appeared to be a female very early in puberty with a few anomalies in the pubic region." stated the specialist.

"Yes, the vulva was partially obscured by some loose, torn skin. There was a lot less bleeding than the reported injury would have had and something looked odd about the blood." said the doctor.

"OK, you have preliminary test results?"

"Yes, Blood around the torn skin was normal blood. The blood from farther inside is menstrual flow."

That got a raised eyebrow from the specialist.

"Yes, the MRI confirms that the patient is female, not male, The detached genitals appear to be fairly normal male except near where they were attached to the patient. There are a lot of structures there we can't identify."

"What's the patient's status?"

"Patient was unconscious when admitted. Vitals suggest it was shock from the event that detached the genitals. We administered sedation preparatory for surgery before we realized things weren't what we thought. If we don't do anything, patient should awaken in about an hour."

"In that case, I think we need to get parental permission for some tissue samples before the patient wakes up."

A short while later a nurse had just finished getting a DNA swab from John, as well as a couple of biopsies.

Now he turned to the male genitals sitting covered in the tray. It was weird handling them. Like an overly realistic, but soft dildo. A warm dildo.

Wiping the glans with a prep pad produced some squirming. He asked the tech who was labeling the samples to glove up and help him hold it.

So neither of them noticed the body on the bed flinch when the biopsy needle went into the glans.

They did notice a change in the heart monitor, but when it settled down quickly they turned back to the task at hand.

"Hey, look. The puncture is almost gone."

"Oh great. Make a note for the lab about possible regen hazard. I hate dealing with this shit."

Then the nurse went to take the last sample. A biopsy of one of the organs that appeared to be testicles. The needle went in and the tech and the nurse almost had heart failure as the body in the bed convulsed and let out a scream.

Much later after things had calmed down and tests were being run...

"Mr. and Mrs. Thomas? Your child seems to be OK. The excitement earlier was because apparently, even though your child's male genitals are not attached, he can still feel them. If we need to do anything to them in the future, we'll be more careful and try a local anesthetic."

The specialist went on. "We are still awaiting more test results. But we can state that your child is at least a low level regenerator. And while more extensive results will take a while the preliminary results say that your child is XX female. But the detached male parts are XY male. There seems to be a fairly sharp boundary between the two tissue types near the point the skin tore when things separated."

"So you are saying John is a girl?"

"Well, we aren't sure. But it looks that way. Except for the detached parts. And we are still trying to figure out if they should be reattached. We did learn that there's a rather marked reaction if we try to take them too far from her."

That was an understatement. When they'd tried the base had sprouted a mass of tentacles which thrashed around rather impressively. They decided that it was best not try again.

The next day after some very uncomfortable conversations with her parents and with a staff shrink, John's parents were trying to get used to the idea that their child wanted to be a girl.

Joan still wished that her male parts would go away, but given that she could still feel them, she was afraid of what might happen if she tried anything.

The doctors noticed that his parts were trying to move closer to him. And they weren't really sure how they were surviving without being attached anyway.

Joan let the doctors talk her into an experiment. She lay on the bed with her crotch exposed and they brought the plastic tub with her guy parts over and set it between her legs.

It sat there for a few minutes and then some tentacles appeared around the base and it slowly and awkwardly pulled itself out of the tub.

Joan felt kinda grossed out. But she could also feel the effort it was costing it to move. At the same time she realized that there was a sort of ache she'd been feeling distantly. It was getting stronger but there was also a sense of impending relief.

It stopped when it was a couple of inches from Joan's vagina. She tried to ignore the doctor with the camera. She knew she should have been far more freaked out than she was.

"Oh! I feel something inside me. It feels weird."

They'd set a monitor so she could see. She'd insisted on it.

So she had an excellent view as a sort of tentacle emerged from inside her. It touched one of the ones from "it" and after a moment of stillness a tentacle extended from inside "it". The two tentacles joined at the ends.

Instead of feeling weird, it felt sort of nice. Sort of right. The joined tentacles swelled up a bit and it looked like pulses of something were traveling from her to "it". And it started swelling a bit.

She could feel the ache fading. And as it did she realized it'd been a little like hunger pains. Or maybe being really thirsty.

She relaxed into the almost blissful lack of an ache.

Nothing happened for a few minutes, then "it" started moving a little closer to her.

"I'm feeling weird inside again."

The feeling was quickly explained as a swarm of smaller tentacles extended from inside her and intertwined with the ones "it" had been using to move. And they helped pull it towards her.

"Eww! Is it going to hook up to me again!"

"Easy," said the doctor. "I don't think it's going to grow back on or anything."

Joan shuddered a little but let it continue. In a minute or so, her crotch looked normal for a boy.

She was about to ask if they could try to take it off again when a familiar feeling swept over her.

"I need to use the bathroom. Right now!"

They wouldn't let her get up but someone passed her a bed pan. It was embarrassing but no worse than the rest of this. There wasn't a lot of pee but it was weird because she'd gone just before they started.

They rushed it off to a lab, and then used a portable ultrasound on her. The stuff they saw got them all excited. Didn't mean much to her.

She'd only thought that lying there waiting for it to reattach was the most embarrassing moment in her life. No, the most embarrassing was when they wanted her to "check the functionality" of "it".

Having it poked and probed was bad, but when it got hard. Eww.

Finally they were ready to let her try to see if it'd come off again. She wasn't sore anymore but she was careful as she tugged gently on it. Nothing much happened. She tried tugging a little harder. Still nothing.

She let go and muttered "Great. Now you won't come off. I don't want you, why can't you just go away..."

She felt it just as one of the doctors said something. As she turned to look at the screen again, she saw the gap appear between those ugly guy parts and her. Looked like worms squirming behind it.

In less than a minute, "it" was laying on the sheet between her legs again. And her vagina looked normal.

The doctors wanted to try attaching and releasing it again. She wanted it out of the room. They compromised. They put it back in the plastic tub, and said they wanted to leave it in bed with her. In case it needed to reattach or something. She insisted that they at least try to take it out of the room first.

It didn't react as badly as before, but it was clear that it wasn't happy when they tried to go out the door with it. So she reluctantly agreed to having the tub in bed with her.

Later that day...

"She ... I mean he... has a twin sister? We need to run tests on her. It's very important!"

Sally fumed. "John, I know you didn't do this on purpose but I am so going to get even with you for these tests... " Inside she was praying she wasn't a mutant.

Harry on the other hand... "Man, I wish I could be a mutant with powers and everything!"

Sally just threw dark looks at her younger brother.

up
176 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well this seems like a fine

Well this seems like a fine "how do you do". Would be nice for people who do try to pull them off that they would disconnect and never come back again. eh?

Oh, it comes back. Is *very*

Brooke Erickson's picture

Oh, it comes back. Is *very* annoying. :-)

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Detachable parts

How weird. A she with he bits that come off and can reattach. Definitely Eewww!

Joanna

Well, it all started while

Brooke Erickson's picture

Well, it all started while chatting with an online friend a few years back. Somehow the song "Detachable Penis" came up. And we'd been discussing some of the odder characters in the Whateley stories.

Haven't written much of the next part, but I have lots of notes about things that are likely to happen.

Let's just say this is going to get played for weirdness as much as anything else.

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

I'm hooked!

Great idea! Can't wait for more.

nomad

Coming off

Podracer's picture

Certainly a new view askance at the term. You've caught the weirdness right, Brooke. And a big dose of squirmy awkwardness too.

"Reach for the sun."

It's going to be far more

Brooke Erickson's picture

It's going to be far more awkward. <eg>

Brooke brooke at shadowgard dot com
http://brooke.shadowgard.com/
Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls
It's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world
"Lola", the Kinks

Wetting whistle

Jamie Lee's picture

A nice beginning to what could be an interesting story.

Others have feelings too.