The Golden Band - Part 1

Printer-friendly version

This is my first attempt at writing so any comment and support would be appreciated. I am also writing this on my mobile so I will have to go in steps as my battery will only hold out so long. Thank you all for taking time to read this. I hope you all enjoy.

"The Golden Band"
Part One

As I sit here writing of my present condition, I watch as the last of my former self vanishes.

You see, until just a week ago, I was a healthy well groomed man, albeit my choice of career for the past 5 years has been as a female impersonator.
My wife never really approved of the occupational choice but it did provide well for us, seeing as how it has allowed her to be a stay at home mom.

Almost 3 weeks back, my boss approached me about adding a new character to my repertoire. He suggested that "Cleopatra" would do well, what with all the news about the local museum gettin a new Egyptian display. I eagerly agreead and set out to find everything needed to complete the outfit.

Everything was easy enough to come by, save one vital piece, the golden serpentine arm band that she was known to wear. I searched high and low, both locally and online. I was about to give up all hope when, around luch one Saturday, I came upon an estate sale just outside of town. As I was looking through everything I saw what appeared to be a rather old looking jewelry box sitting on a window sill. As I picked up the box, I felt a twinge of excitement. Upon opening it, I became giddy beyond reason.

"Are you OK?" I heard a voice from behind me ask.

"Yes, yes. I am quite fine. Is this your sale?" I inquired as I turned around.

"Yes. This was all my granny's."

"I'm Paul." I said as I put my hand out.

"I'm Chris." The young man replied as he took my hand and shook it.

"How much for this old box and contents?" I asked.

"How about 5 pounds?" He said with a quizical look.

I agreed and we spoke a few more minutes before some other person required his attentions.

As I sat in my car, I opened the box again. I just couldn't believe my luck! There in the box sat a beautiful, gold serpentine arm band with emeralds set where the eyes should be. So filled with excitement I was, that I couldn't wait to try it on, so I took it from the box and slid it over my right hand. My arm instantly felt warm and the band suddenly took on a life of its own. Before I could react, the band tightened around my wrist and in a slithering fashion worked its way around and up until it sat snugly about my upper arm.

I sat in disbelief! Had I really just witnessed this? I felt no pain but yet try as I may, I could not remove the band from my arm. I decided to go back inside and ask Chris for more information about this band but when I exited my car, I saw an empty house with a for sale sign out front.

"Bloody hell!" I said out loud, as I got back into my car and pulled off.

All the way home I tried to wrap my head around what had just happened.

It was dark when I arrived home and as I walked in my wife informed me, from the other room, that supper was in the oven as I was late and had missed sitting with the family. As I reached for the plate my wife had left in the oven for me, I stopped and just stared at my hands.
I had always looked feminine, that's why I chose the profession I was in, but could it be? My hands looked that of a 20 something woman! Long slender fingers with manicured nails right in front of my eyes! I rushed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. What had been dark , shoulder length hair was now visibly lighter, almost chestnut, and undoubtedly longer, mid back at least! My skin looked almost creamy smooth and my 5o'clock shadow had all but disappeared.

Just then, my wife came in, gasped, and ran out. I caught up to her before she made it to the bedroom door and stopped her.

"Who are you?" She inquired as she defensively held up her hands.

"It's me, Paul." I said, thankfully my voice hadn't begun to change, yet.

"What have you done to yourself now?" She asked as she began to relax and explore my new features.

We sat on the bed as I explained everything that had happened that day. She listened intently and when I was finished she said;

"Well just take it off then."

"Already tried and it won't budge." I replied.

"What do we do then?" She asked.

"I don't know but its late and there's nothing we can do tonight."

After carefully examining my body for any other changes and being satisfied there were none we got ready for bed and drifted off to sleep.

up
231 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Intriguing start! Will Paul's

Intriguing start! Will Paul's changes continue, will they be permanent and will he be able to change back? Also, how well will his wife accept these changes? I look forward to reading more. Thanks

_Bev_

Hummm, a different way to

Hummm, a different way to enter the real world of femininity or so it seems. Really want to read more chapters, as so many questions arise, such as these two. Will Paul become Cleopatra or simply a look-a-like? Will s/he have all of Cleopatra's knowledge and wiles? Simple stuff like that to start off with.

Intriguing

Christina H's picture

A good start and interesting can't wait to see how he turns out.

Writing on a mobile WOW now there's a challenge

Keep up the good work

Christina

great story start

Dahlia's picture

Looking forward to the continuation of your tale.

Dahlia

Hugs and many thanks

BriannaD's picture

Thank you all for so many cudos and comments. I will post more this evening. I hope you all enjoy as the rest of the story unfolds. Hugs, Bri.

Making a big life change is pretty scary. Know what's even more scary? Regret! XOX Bri.

You opened well!

Bobbie Sue's picture

The purpose is to get attention and you certainly did that! And the story line has excellent potential.

I agree, please continue.

Welcome

Great start and you can go so many places from here please and more to this story KUDOS
Welcome to authors page

interesting start!

at least he will know something about female clothes when he changes ...

DogSig.png

Many Thanks

BriannaD's picture

I would like to extend a huge kiss and thank you to everyone that has commented, messaged me or given kudos. I was hesitant to write this but after all your support and encouragement I have decided to write many more stories. I hope you like them all. XOX Bri.

Making a big life change is pretty scary. Know what's even more scary? Regret! XOX Bri.