Beyond the Tales Chapter 19

Printer-friendly version


Beyond the Tales

Book 2

Chapter 19

The Party! Part B


jzgtj9.jpg

I had just finished when Ben called they had the source of the Dark Water cornered and needed mage back up. I said I would be right there. It took me only a few moments to get there I came in full mage mode. Ben said "The front door is magically bared can you do some thing about that." I nodded and stepped up raised my staff and ripped the front of the building off. Yeah, I know; REAL subtle. I pointed at the three mages lifted them off their feet and dropped them at my feet.

I heard one of the troops say "Those mages are toast! Ember's angry!" I took out a spell book and bound their powers and erased their knowledge of how to make the drugs. I called Angel and told her what happened and she said to strip them of their magic. so I did. Then I turned them over to the guards. I looked at the row upon row of drugs and my anger flared.

I looked at Ben and said "These will not exist soon pull your men back the whole house is forfeit!" Ben gave the orders and I shifted into a 40 foot Dragon looking down on the house of drugs. I took a breath and Destroyed the drugs, house and all! I razzed it clear to the ground leaving nothing to be found. All that was left was scorched earth. I roared then I shifted back. The troops were all eyes wide. Dragon fire the one thing that could Destroy magical items. I said "Cordon off the area it will be hot for some time." Ben gave the orders.

I heard the one that spoke earlier say "I was wrong she was not Angry she was down right Pissed Off! That is one Lady I certainly don't want mad at me!" I was happy that he called me a lady after seeing me in my Dragon form. I walked over to Ben and Byron.

I said "I have something for you two." I pulled out the first shield and handed it to Byron.

He said "Thank you Your Majesty it is very nice. The Crest is different than I know?"

I said "Yours is the Royal house of Sanctuary. To be exact Angel's house."

I pulled out the second and handed to Ben and said "This is The crest of the Crystal Dragons of Sanctuary. Also a Royal house. My crest. Since we are both of Sanctuary we needed to alter the standard one to show the Difference. These are to be used with your formal armor."

Ben asked "Angel agreed to this?" I nodded, He smiled. "I will be proud to carry your crest Your Majesty.

I said "I need to go home now. lots to do. The Party is coming up. I have a lot of Princesses to get ready for the Ball. That reminds me I have to ask Angel if she came up with a better name for the Ball."

Byron asked "What is it being called now?

I looked at him and answered. "The Royal Grand Ball. It is missing something. I am not sure what yet. I doubt it will change at this late of date. Saturday is the day. Well I must be off. Good day to you gentlemen." They said good day as I grew my wings and flew home.

I got home just in time to feed the kids. When I came down from that The twins were watching the Princesses primp in their gowns. They both had a sad look in their eyes. I knew that look. I asked Grandmother "The Twins got on the list didn't they? I have seen that look before."

Grandmother said "Yes but they don't have gowns someone was sulking instead of taking care of them." That hurt because it was true. I walked over to the twins.

I said "Time to be fitted for your gowns. Come with me." I looked at Grandmother "The kids have been fed so have Sue hold some Dinner for us. We will be at the Nest.

Two hours later the twins walked back in beautiful matching gowns. With all the accessories I was carrying a bag with their regular clothes. Of course the Princesses pulled them into the primping session. I could see this made the twins happy.

Sue stepped "Do you wish your dinner now?"

I smiled "Give them a few more moments to play then change, so half hour. Thank you Sue.

She smiled "No problem Miss. They look happy Miss."

I quipped "Oh yes and I am going to try to keep them that way." I smiled looking at the twins among the Princesses. Tiaras that is what they needed. That was the missing piece to make them fit in well. I walked over "You need to change back and have dinner. You can practice your look tomorrow. I am sure the Princesses will help you. Now is the time to change though." I handed them their bags. As they went off I looked at the Princesses and said "I would appreciate if you helped the Twins become more Noble in their presentation. They have a task to do this might help. I will be working on getting them ready for their task. All I ask is you help them be more Noble in the way they show themselves. It might hide them from those looking for them."

Killasandra said "Hide them in plain sight. So they don't stick out. Very nice."

I said "You got it but they are Noble they were just never let be. What do you think of Tiaras with those gowns. Here they come just think about it and let me know.

Lilia Said "Sapphire for Amy and Ruby for Rose." I smiled that was perfect. I nodded. I took the girls in for their dinner. After dinner it was late so I put them to bed.

After I came back down I was thinking. The twins needed last names and some type of title. I will have to think on this.

Telsha came over "Mother called and she is coming to the Royal Grand Ball. She is making it a State Visit to talk to you." I rolled my eyes. " I think she is going to make some kind of presentation. For saving her on the night of her crowning. So it would be nice if your 4 daughters were there as well." I held up a finger for her to wait.

I flipped open the link compact and called Angel. She answered "Yes Ember you want to yell at me some more?"

I asked "I just called to ask if Sie and Mie are going to be at the Ball?"

She said "Why would a Dragon want to go to a Human event?"

I shrugged "Then you don't know. All the Brood have Human forms. They are quite pretty young ladies. They have had the ability for almost a 3 1/2 weeks. I found out when I last visited the Dragon Scar Castle."

Angel did not say anything for a few moments. Then she said "I am sending Sie to stay with you for the weekend. Jenny will probly do the same with Mie. Is there anything else?" Her voice was frosty.

Mothers voice came on the line "Ember, Do you have room for me at your place?"

I said "Of course. I have plenty of room."

She smiled "I'll be there in a half hour with the Dragons. Thank you Dear." And she broke the link.

I sighed "Mother is coming to stay the night and Angel is mad at Sie. This is going to be a long weekend. But to answer you question Yes all 4 of the ones that were there will attend. Skya and Misty flew over and shifted into their human form and curtsied." I felt it then and raced upstairs an opened the door to the twins room. I stepped to where Rose was holding Amy who was shaking like crazy. I felt her pain coming off her like a sun. I looked at the others that followed us "Get Grandmother now! I looked at rose who slowly held her out to me. I laid her down and laid down next to her. Grandmother was there. "I have to Dream walk, Don't let Rose interfere." I began the twinning slowing my breath to match hers then I slipped into her Dream. There was Bodies every where. and there was Amy in a corner holding the head of a woman as Rose held a knife looking outward. The woman was dying. The woman was their mother. Amy could not stop crying. Rose was angry at not being able to do anything. I strode through the room to the pair. I touched their shoulders and they were their older selves looking down on the woman they thought was their mother as she told them their real names and what they must do. I took the hands of the kids and took them from that house and closed the horror of that night away. I opened my eyes and looked at the kids. I knew who they were now. I knew what their task was and I knew why it failed. Amy was quiet now I nodded and Grandmother let go of Rose who rushed to her sisters side. I got up and almost fell the Dream walk had taken a lot out of me. Amy woke and looked at me. I said "Hello Amy Kelly Thorn." I turned to Rose "Hello Rose May Thorn. I know you now and you are safe here. I will protect you. You are my Foster Daughters. From now on you will be Amy and Rose Silver Skyflower-Starstone. I am your Mother now. They both started crying and hugged me with all their might.

From the door way Ben said "And our crazy family gets Bigger."

I said "They need this Ben. It is the only way to heal them."

Ben smiled "I know dear and I am fine with this. Well girls I guess I am your Father." Rose hesitated then took Bens hand then pulled him into the 4 way hug.

Cryss wandered in "What is all the noise down here? I am trying to sleep."

I said "Say hello to your new sisters Cryss."

She leaned over and gave the twins a peck on the cheek each. "Now can you keep it down I am trying to sleep."

Amy said "This does not surprise you?"

Cryss said "In this house nothing surprises me anymore. Can I go back to bed?" she yawned. Just then the mirror in the corner had a portal open in it. Out steps Darla looking like she had a fight with the terminator and walked away, barely. Darla sent the shatter spell and closed the portal.

She smiled "I'm back." Then she fainted. Talk about your entrances. I pointed and Ben picked up Darla and carried her to a empty room. By that time Mother was there and was being filled in. I wish things could happen during the day around here.

Cryss said "Tell me about it in the morning I am going back to bed."

I called Janis and got the grumps but she was coming. We got everyone set bed wise and everyone but Grandmother and I went to bed.

After Janis looked Darla over twice she sat back on her heels and said "Exhaustion and being beaten half to death many times without a healer around. There is going to be some damage I wont be able to heal. Too old and layered on top of each other. She will be in pain most of her life. I can relieve it some but still there is only so much I can do.

I sighed "Thank you, do what you can." Of all the times to come back she had to pick now. I sighed again and wondered if she will stay this time. She is my oldest friend and it hurt me when she left so suddenly. What a time she must have had jumping from portal to portal watching the different lines. Making sure the kids that will change the different worlds live to do just that. Rose and Amy came from a line that was wiped out. The Tangents took complete control of that world. I just hope they don't find the secret to the special portals.

I need some sleep, the feed alarm went off. Just what I need. I went down and took care of that then crawled into bed for a short night.

In the morning after feeding the kids I went downstairs. Mother was talking to two pretty young women that I knew to be Sie and Mie. I wandered over to see what they were talking about. They were talking about the Ball of course. Mother was teaching them how to behave at a large social gathering. My asked me "Have you been to such a event before, Mother?"

I said "The Biggest event I went to was my wedding. The Ball is going to be 2 to 3 times as big. I have been to School dances but they are small in caparison This Ball will be a first for all of us." Just then Tina, Tara and Jessie was led in. Along with the rest of the Brood. Lin, Rin, and Tie shifted as soon as they seen that Mie and Sie were. Of course Misty and Skya had to join the fun. So instead of 2 pretty girls there was 7 now wanting to learn. I said why don't you use one of the class rooms? The Brood and the Dragons went into the class room to hear the talk on how to behave at such an event. Alexis, Cryss and the twins were getting help from the Princesses. I decided to cancel classes for the day to get ready for tomorrow. No one would be able to concentrate on anything else right now. The sorority girls came over and the talk really got going. There was a quick breakfast and everyone started working on their look. It did not take me long to make the Tiaras. When mother came out I showed them to her and asked her to set them on their heads. Mother was touched. We walked over and finished their looks.

Things were rocking when Angel arrived. She seemed in a better mood. soon she was flitting from one girl to another working on their looks. The harsh hooker look was gone and she was in pure classic mode. Mother and Grandmother were taking care of all the little emergencies that pop up. I watched the ebb and flow to be in the spot most needed at the time.

Lunch was a small due to everyone feeling fat. I went up and fed the babies then headed back down into the craziness. After lunch everyone was in their Gowns to be sure of their handling of them. I was not in my gown because I wanted to keep secret what it looked like. I was happy everything was going well for once. I gave the twins a outfit bracelet each and showed them how to use them. When some of the girls seen that I ended up teaching a class on how to make one. So after Dinner everyone that did not have one, crowded in the class room and made one as I taught them. This is a helpful item to have so I did not mind.

A while later after the kids had been put to bed I was having a nice relaxing time cuddling when Darla came looking for me. I sighed, I hate it when my cuddle time is interrupted. Darla looked at me "You know about the lines and the different worlds?" I nodded. "Well I went back to the world the twins come from and checked. The Tangents are the government there now. The radical faction that wiped out so many was condemned and exterminated. No one will come looking for the twins. In fact they seemed to have forgotten them. Another watcher has taken my place so I am back for good. I have retired. I hope my house is still open, I will have to see. Is my job been filled? I nodded.

I said "I am sure we can find you some other work here. I have taken the twins as my foster Daughters. They are beginning to heal."

She smiled "That's good. Has one or both had a nightmare yet?"

I answered "Yes, Amy did I dream walked and helped them get though that memory. Very harsh thing for someone so young to go through. That's when the healing started."

She observed "I see you've had your baby what did you name it? Was it an easy birth?"

I smiled "Babies twins, Girl and a boy, Belle and John. Yes it was the most intense 3 hours of my life. I would not have missed it for anything." I ended giving her a brief on what had happened since she left. She sat back and took it all in. I suggested she talk to Grandmother so she got up and went inside. I got back to my cuddling.

The next morning after feeding my babies I went downstairs to find the place a mad house with every one going trough the last moment preparations. I smiled as I would be leaving this all to Grandmother as I was heading to the Hall early. I found Grandmother "I am heading out now bring everyone about 11 am." She nodded.

Angel who had stayed the night asked "Where you going?"

I said "I will be in the Hall already when they open the doors. I plan a dramatic entrance from the Nest by the disc."

She said "Maybe we should do that at the same time? I think it would be cool."

I said "All right. Lets go then. We have to be in place soon. I'll leave the rest to you grandmother." She nodded again. So we left go to the back entrance to the hall. We passed into the main room. We split at that point as I went to my Throne and she hers. I stepped on the disc and said "Nest" And up I went. I glanced over and Angel was doing the same thing. We got to the Nest and relaxed for a bit, I made some tea. She asked "How can you be so calm this is a big deal?"

I smiled "Simple I have covered all my bases and there is nothing left to do. So I might as well relax for whatever happens from here is out of my hands. Besides I always find this to be a calm spot in this crazy world. I drank my tea and then puttered around doing little things till it was time.

I smiled as I watched the place fill up. This was going to be some party! I waited till the last moment to put on my gown and crown. I straitened up and held myself more regally.

Angel said "Damn that is you best work ever. Ready let's go." We each stepped on our discs and arranged our skirts. We touched hands for luck and said "Throne" We could hear the MC giving us a good intro. I composed my face and we were spotted. The roar of applause was deafening. We landed and took our thrones. Once we sat the MC got the show started. Everything went well till about half way through when I could see the MC and Queen Mirkie talking about something.

During the next rest between dances the MC said "Ladies and Gentlemen There has been a request for Queen Ember and her daughters Skya, Misty, Sie and Mie to please make their way to the stage for a special presentation. This presentation will be made by Queen Mirkie of the Dragon Scar Castle." I used the disc to get to the stage. my girls were close to the stage so we made it there about the same time. We lined up and Queen Mirkie Started with a telling what happened on the night of her crowning. Then she went on to tell of the time at the mirror. Finally she said "In recognition of all the good work you have done for my people we have decided to award Queen Ember the Rank of Duchess of the castle and her daughters the rank of Countesses. She held out scrolls to each of us. Along with these titles go the thanks of a people and their Queen." The roar was even louder this time. I smiled as required but I was thinking another Title, Doh! After the required handshakes and hugs I went back to my Throne.

A little while later a group of three people started towards the twins. I was watching and did not like what I was seeing. The three started to grow and change into hulking things. My staff was in my hand before I knew it. I was drawing on my magic to strike when the Twins with hands together pointed at the first of the things. The blast was tremendous and a mini black hole opened and swallowed the other two things. The guests were moving away from the things or they would have been sucked in too. I cast a spell to take care of the hole. It was a close thing but I did it. The twins were slumped together and I ran down there and picked both of them up and went to the disc I said "Nest." Up we went till we were there. A moment later Grandmother and Angel was there. Grandmother asked "How are they?"

I said "Wild magic backlash! Their in a bad way."

She said "These potions should help." I gave one to Amy while she gave one to Rose. A moment later they relaxed a little and their breathing was better.

I said "Damn I was almost not able to deal with that hole. Their potential is off the charts. That is when they are apart, together they are a total game changer! We really got to teach these kids some control. Wild magic is too dangerous! I am going to increase their training. I guess, Darla was wrong there are still people after them. Grandmother stay with them we need to get back down there and restore order."

Angel surprised me when she said "I'll do that your place is here with them." she headed out the door.

Grandmother said "I wish there was some way we could see what's going on down there."

I pulled the mirror over and passed my hand across it. It showed a room full of confused people. Angel took control and got the dancing started again. Soon the interruption was forgotten. At least on the surface. Angel was in her element dealing with people. The twins were sleeping now so would be ok. This was Not a good thing to happen.

Grandmother said "You need to put in an appearance before the Ball is over." I nodded and headed for the disc. Down I went and everyone took it well and everything went well to the end of the Ball. The second the doors were closed I was heading for the throne Ben was right with me. Up we went. I knew we would be late so I had asked Tasha to feed the babies their dinner for me before we left for the Ball. So I did not have to worry about that. I was worried about the twins. Ben looked around on the way to the Bed room. Grandmother was still in the bed room watching them sleep and picking up my drawings that were everywhere.

I asked quietly "How are they?"

She said "The potion worked they are asleep and will remain so till morning. I don't think there will be any permanent damage. We will have to wait and see. You should get cleaned up and changed. It is going to be a long night.

It was a long night but thankfully an uneventful one. Ben flew down to take care of those at the house. Grandmother stayed with me till I urged her to go get some sleep.

I was wondering around to keep awake and my thoughts were just as lost. Then the ringing went off. I looked at the mirror and focused it on the lone figure with two bundles. I focused in more and it was Tasha and the two bundles were the babies. I went to the disc and down I went.

I walked over to where she was standing and she handed me the babies and their diaper bag. She said "I'm sorry I have to go, my mother is sick and I have to go home to help her out. Sasha went last time I'm sorry I know this puts you in a pinch. It's family you know."

I said "I know nothing is more important than family. Do what you can then get back to us. I can't say your job will be waiting but I will wait as long as I can. good bye for now Tasha." She turned and left. I was sad to see her go but family must come first. I got on the disc and up I went with the babies. I placed them in the nursery and wondered what I was going to do now. Where's Mary Poppins when you need her. I'll start looking as soon as I can. The summer is almost over and I need someone in place before the school starts again.

In the morning Ben called me on my link compact and opened with "Tasha and the babies are nowhere to be found."

I said tiredly "The babies are here with me. Tasha was called home to deal with her Mother. She has left Sanctuary for a bit. Did you ask Sasha? Or look on the changing table for a note?"

He said "I could not find Sasha this morning it is her day off. There is a note it fell behind some stuff on the table." He took time to read the note. "I see. So we need to get another wet nurse for now. Your on top of that I'm sure. When will you be back?"

I yawned "As soon as the twins can travel. I will bring them all back. The twins should be coming around any time soon." After we said good bye I cut the link and called Janis.

She said "Who's hurt this time?" I smiled at her direct approach.

I smiled "No one right now, I called for your advice. Tasha had to leave Sanctuary last night so I need a new wet nurse/nanny for the babies. Can you think of anyone?"

She smiled "If you don't mind young Helen Rogers is who you want. Smart as a whip. Took to healer training right off. She has been working with Trixie as well. She owes you so you could get her to put a semester of school off to do this. It would be great training."

I said "Helen Rogers were do I know that name. She owes me? Hmm Oh now I remember the former kitten girl. She's been working for you since the potions incident. Send her over to the Dance Hall and I will talk to her. Thanks for the advice."

She said "The Dance Hall not the house? Ok she will be on her way momentarily. By the way Quite a party yesterday at the Dance Hall. I was there for a bit of it. Ok she just left be about half hour till she gets there. Have a good day." She broke the link. I smiled Helen went through a lot during that time but it seems she bounced back stronger than ever. I checked on the twins and they were still out. I went in the kitchen and made breakfast for three. Hoping the smells would help them find their way back. Just as I was finishing off the cooking the ringing started. I passed my hand over the mirror to make sure it was her. It was I decided to go get her so I checked the twins then went to the disc and down I went. I was in my working clothes not the gown I was in last night. I smiled at her as I glided down. As I stepped off the disc. She stood down on the floor below the stage that my Throne sat on.

I said "Come on up, we have a lot to talk about." She slowly came up the steps. I could not help but smile. "Come on I have to get back up there." She was taking it all in. She moved a little faster. When close enough I took her hand and led her to the disc. When we both were in place I said "Nest" and up we went. I felt her stiffen at first then relax. Once we were up I led her inside and through the bedroom to the nursery. I turned and picked up Belle. Time for the baby test I turned back and held Belle out to Helen. Belle looked up at Helen and did not fuss at all just smiled and went back to sleep. "Well you passed the most important test. You do know what I am looking for don't you?"

She smiled not taking her eyes off Belle "Yes your looking for a wet nurse and nanny for your babies. I have trained with Trixie on how to take care of babies as well as assisting a midwife. I have Trained as a healer. I am willing to do what is necessary to do the job well. Yes I am aware that I will need to Breastfeed when needed. I take this as all part of the job. I have decided to take a year off of school to work in my chosen field before returning to school."

I smiled "I think this will work out just fine. We will work out the pay and the like as we go. Just so you know, This is Belle and That is John. Put Belle down and we will talk more as I check on the twins."

She frowned "I was here yesterday when that happened. How are they? Is there anything I can do?"

I shrugged "I am just waiting for them to wake up. Wild Magic has bad backlash." I held my hand over her chest and checked her magic levels. They were at the mid-high level. "You know your magic levels are good. you could be a mage if you wanted to go that rout. Or if you want to stick to healer there are several ways to use magic to enhance that. I happen to know several of these techniques. I could teach you if you want." I walked in and Rose was waking and Amy was not far behind. I smiled they will soon be up and around.

Rose said "Momma where am I? What happened?"

I sat on the edge of the bed and pushed some hair out of her face "You are in the Nest Dear one. I brought you and Amy here after you passed out at the Ball. Do you remember the fight? Using that much magic almost killed you both. Let me take care of things like that till you are properly trained understand?" She nodded. "Good now how about some breakfast Dear one."

Rose said "I would like that Momma. I love you Momma."

Amy said "Me to Momma I love you."

I leaned over and said in a quiet voice "And I love you both very much so don't scare me like that ok?"

They both hugged me and said Yes Momma!"

So as thing come to a close on this the second book. We bit Ember and her family a fond farewell for now. But Join us for the Third and Final Book Chasing Tales. Till then Have fun and read! Kat H. The GypsyWoman
up
227 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Great chapter!

Can't wait to see what you do next.

nomad

*cries*

Alecia Snowfall's picture

the closing was beautiful Gypsy! the sequel was absolutely wonderful! Your writing has improved with each chapter. I look forward to when you allow us all to visit this wonderful and exciting world of Ember, her family and friends and especially THE Dragons! well done!

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Thank you

This has been a great chapter as all the previous. Great story. Love it. :)

continues to be a very

continues to be a very enjoyable story

Continues

GypsyWoman's picture

Thanks for the comment. I am glad you find it enjoyable. I hope to get to the third book after a short break. Have fun and read.

Kat H

Can't wait

Dahlia's picture

Thanks again for a great addition to a great story. As so many of the other comments have stated, I can't wait for the next book to come out.

Dahlia

GypsyWoman,

GypsyWoman,
A wonderful ending to this part of the saga. Will be looking forward to more interesting journeys in life with Ember, Ben, Angel, Grandmother and ALL of Ember's daughters and granddaughters along with the peoples of Sanctuary and the Crystal Palace. Seems to me that Ember now needs to create a new "nest for herself as her "getaway for peace and quiet", since it seems everyone and their 'pet dog' now know about the current nest. .
PEACE and Hugs.

More Than Two Worlds?

So if I'm reading this right, Earth and the Other Side are just two of multiple worlds/worldlines, and the twins belonged to a third such place, where they were growing into analogous positions to the ones Angel and Ember are in, as the pair who were expected eventually to change the world. (But Angel and Ember have been told they'll be responsible for changing both the Other Side and Earth. Do Amy and Rose have a similar destiny?)

Anyway, their mother's killers, from a radical offshoot of the Tangents, have been "exterminated", and the conventional Tangents are running things. On Earth, IIRC, their agenda was to eliminate crossovers to and from the Other Side and limit magic to the limited amount native to Earth. Assuming there's no "Other Side" where Amy and Rose come from, I'm not sure what the Tangent cause is in that world or worldline; crossovers don't seem common other than Darla and whoever she was working for, and Ember's pretty sure the Tangents there don't even know how to cross over or have equipment that can do so.

Anyway, whoever (or whatever) threatened Amy and Rose at the dance seem more likely to come from the Shadow enemy than from their native world. That suggests that the Shadow still considers them a viable threat as world-changers even though they have no remaining connection or constituency there. It would appear that they certainly have enough magical capability to dominate wherever they end up if they make it through training without causing themselves physical harm.

(So Dragon fire can trump magic. A clue, I guess, to why the gamechangers are counting on Dragons to lead the changes on Earth and the Other Side. We don't know whether Amy and Rose fit into that mold, or what dragon race they'd become.)

Eric

chasing tales

Hey just wondering when you are going to release chapter one of chaseing tales? I loved the first two books in the trillagie,and i want more please.

Great story waiting for more

Great story waiting for more,i hope to see chapter one of chasing tales soon. Just want to say loved both book one and book two, keep up the Great work!!!