Beyond the Tales Chapter 17

Printer-friendly version


Beyond the Tales

Book 2

Chapter 17

Wedding?


jzgtj9.jpg

After changing, playing with and feeding the twins all those gloomy thoughts were put on the back burner. The sorority was going to be a hit and the Princess Betterment Group was working out. My fall employment is set. The Dragons don't seem to be the trouble I thought they would be. So things at the moment were good.

It is Friday evening, lets see if Sam will take the chance. I decided to sit in the living room and wait to see. May came in and we nodded at each other. The others had stared to arrive. Everyone seemed to want to hang out in the living room. I watched the ebb and flow of the room. I was amazed at how such different people can stay in the same house with out war breaking out. Ben and Sam came in together. Sam went to clean up while Ben sat down with me, I leaned into my love. I had a feeling that tonight was just a time to watch. So when Ben started to chat, I just smiled and put a finger to his lips. He got the message and we watched the room. Sam came in wearing his formal armor and walked up to May. He went down on one knee and said in a clear voice "May, I have loved this last month with you. Now I would like to make it a more permanent arrangement. Will You do me the Honor of becoming my wife?" He took out a beautiful ring and offered it to her. A hopeful look on his face. The whole room was holding their breath for the answer.

She held out her hand for him to slip the ring on her finger. He did and she looked at it. She said "I love you, my Prince. Yes, I will marry you." She leaned down and kissed him.

The room exploded with happy sounds. May helped Sam up and arm and arm they moved in front of Ben and I. The room quieted again to see what would happen. May said "Well looks like I am getting married."

I said "Yes I believe you are. I will keep my word." I handed her some crystal keys "The cottage is yours. May the Goddess Bless your union. Well, Big Brother looks like you are living up to your title as a true Prince." I stood up, stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. "Have a good life. I'll be here if you need me." I sat back down and the chatter started back up. They turned away to get Grandmothers blessing. I leaned into Ben again.

Ben said "I take it that was what we were waiting for." I nodded. "How long have you known that was coming?"

I shrugged "A week. Well a little more." I snuck a kiss while no one was watching. "I could see it when she stayed to take care of him, that is love pure and simple."

He said "So what was this about a cottage?" He cuddled into me.

I smiled "I was just giving them a little push. You know me." I watched as Grandmother was talking to them with a smile on her face. Tonight was nice.

Saturday started really bad. I fell out of bed. Things were not looking up after feeding the kids. I went down to breakfast. I was wondering what I was going to do today? I decided to see what Ben was doing after his work out. May and Sam were moving out today. So they were busy. I was not in the mood to confront Cryss about how much she has been pushing it lately. I should spend some time with the Dragons and decided to put them through a practice. So I went looking for the Dragons.

The practice went fine we were getting to know each other enough to work as a team. Silvia being Ice based and Cinder being Fire based were opposite ends of the lineup so neither were hurt. The rest shuffled around in the middle till they found the right place for themselves. That took the most time of everything we did. I was feeling a little better about the day as I told them they could have a hour just to relax in their Dragon forms. I shifted back to human and started writing out my notes about each Dragon. Once I had done that I pulled out the incomplete Dragon spell book and the spell book that Cryss had made and tried to match spells. Windwalker flew over and asked what I was doing. I could understand her even when she spoke in her own language. I explained I was trying to restore a spell book that was Damaged. It was Dragon Magic that I was trying to restore. She shifted back and said "This interests me I will help you." Soon the others drifted over and asked what we were doing and offered to help. So we ended the practice sitting in a circle trying to reconstruct the spells. By lunch time we had filled in 6 spells. We were talking about #7 as we walked back to the house. For their help I went to my study and got 6 blank spell books and copied the unfinished spell book. and brought them out and handed them to the Dragons. Even during lunch the talk went on. I included a automatic update spell on the books so as soon as a spell is filled in all the books would be updated.

After lunch I went up to feed the babies. After that I played with them. My mood started looking up. I went down stairs to see what everyone was up to. The dragons were in a corner working on the spell book. The Princesses were in one of the classrooms talking over Princess things. The class was over at the Alpha House getting their rooms ready to move in. Cryss and Alexis were just hanging out talking. Ben and Grandmother were talking. That left me all alone so I went into my study. I went over the two Dragon spell books to see if I can find and fill in any spells. This took a lot of time so when I looked up it was dinner time.

After dinner I decided to teach the class I was going to but got sidetracked. It was how to make Weave teddy bears. Everyone wanted to try this one. It was a long class but every one walked out with a stuffed animal. The dragons took to the Weave real well but did not know what a bear was so made stuffed Dragons. The princesses struggled at first but then got it. The class made different types of animals as to their preference. Cryss of course went real fancy and made a real fun cat. Alexis followed my lead and made the classic bear. I made two one for each of my twins. Grand mother also made two for the twins. The class room was really full. I used half a bag of crystal in this class.

The girls asked "What is the best thing you ever made with the weave?"

I said "I guess the most special to me was my wedding gown."

Grandmother said "Why don't you show them why." I smiled and switched to my Princess mode. I showed off for awhile as the girls asked about this part or that.

Then when I got tired of that I said "Of course Cryss's gown and crown came out real well as well." Cryss came up and switched to her pure white gown and crown. They did quite a long time on that. "Then there is Alexis. " She came up and they discussed her gown and crown with the three of us up there it was nice. That is how we ended things.

I put Cryss to bed and was surprised when Momma cat came in with her kittens and put the kittens on the bed before jumping up herself. Pushed the blankets around to make a nest, then put the kittens in her nest and laid down. She gave me a look like, Yeah so? Cryss said "Please let them stay Mommy."

I said "As long as she does not bother you I have no problem with it." I left smiling. I went down stairs an decided it was cuddle time. I found Ben and we went to our spot on the deep couch and cuddled and talked till I felt it was time for bed. Then we went up hand in hand.

Sunday was a bit sad. The class was moving over to the Alpha house. It will be a bit different if I want to teach an extra class, I will need to go over there. I could reduce the current number of rooms by 5 and still have plenty. The incoming class will probably be living in the sorority house so that's fine. They will be studying for their other classes in the evenings so that leaves me more time to take care of the babies.

I was looking my full length mirror when a Portal formed in it. I stepped back my staff appearing in my hand. I waiting to see what was going to come through. The form that came through was one I wanted to see since she left. Darla smiled at me as two children peeked from behind her. She turned and sent a shatter spell back through the portal then closed it. I looked her over, she obviously having come from a serious fight. I lowered my staff "Where the heck have you been Darla? You left us in Quite the lurch you know. Who are the kids?"

Darla sat down and sighed "Sorry about that but things were getting out of hand and I had to move fast. The twins were in danger I had to pull them out. I and the others have been protecting these two since they were rescued from a dying line. This is Rose and Amy. They are like you, they have a task to do but are being prevented by the Tangents. They were rescued by a watcher just before they were to be killed. The Tangents don't know they are still alive I want to keep it that way, so I am asking you to look after them. I am going to muddy the waters some, so they should be safe for awhile." She turned to the kids "You be good for Ember. I have to go. You will have fun with Ember she is nice." She turned back to me "I will be awhile please be good to them and teach them like I taught you. They are the last of their line so be careful." She turned to the kids and urged them to go to me. Then she opened a portal and stepped trough. She was gone again.

I looked at the kids they were twins and looked to be about 9 or 10 years old. I said "Are you hungry?" They nodded "Lets go see what we can find. I am sure there is plenty in the kitchen." We went downstairs and into the kitchen "Sue, I got a couple of hungry kids here think you can fix them up a plate of good food?" I turned to Dori "Find Grandmother and tell her I need to see her now!" She rushed off. I smiled at the kids as they watched the food being dished up. It was very apparent that they were very hungry. They sat at the table, well Amy did Rose looked at the chair then at Amy. I could see what was needed. I moved the chair over beside the one Amy was sitting in. Rose gave me a little smile then sat down. It was easy to see they did not want to be separated. Sue smiled and put the food in front of them and large glasses of milk.

When Grandmother came in she could see the twins. She looked at me for answers. I quietly told her what happened. She asked "What are you going to do?"

I looked at her "What do you think. I can feel the magic in them from here. They need to be trained to use it correctly or a lot of people can get hurt. You know what happens with wild magic. Darla left them in my care, so it is up to me to see that they are trained right. I owe it to Darla."

She looked at me "You are such a Mom. First thing you do is feed them. What's next a bath and clean clothes?"

I said "Well they could use it don't you think? Something pretty I think. I should have plenty of crystal. Rose color for Rose and pink for Amy."

She said "I can't deal with you when you are like this. Go ahead Mother them but remember who you are." She walked out in a huff. I don't know why but I felt a connection with these kids. It was like I knew them. I would have to think on this.

The kids finished their food and milk. They turned and looked at me not saying anything. I said "How about a bath, we have a big tub upstairs that would fit both of you. Then maybe some new clothes? Dresses for both of you? Yes, I think you would look nice in dresses." I was being extra Mom like at the moment. I took them upstairs to my bath room where I had a extra large bath tub so I could relax. After their bath I piled a bunch of crystals in front of each. Rose crystals for rose and Pink crystals for Amy. I slowly raised my hands and the crystals flowed into a weave then into Pretty dresses and all that went with them from shoes to hair ribbons. Included was the lingerie. I felt real proud of the job I did. They looked at each other and smiled, they liked it. There came a tap at the door "Yes."

Dori said "Her Majesty is here and asking to see you."

I said "Tell her I will be right down." The kids looked scared. I smiled "Don't worry it is just my sister. Come on I will introduce you." They didn't look sure but they followed me. Angel was in the living room with her twins and her maids. I smiled at her expression. "Hello Angel what brings you here on a Sunday?" She looked up.

She said "A cryptic message from Darla instructing me to come here. She said there is something here I need to see. Any Idea what she was talking about?"

I smiled "I think she would be referring to my new house guests. Angel I would like to present Rose and Amy." The twins stepped from behind me and curtsied. They did it very well. I smiled and said "Darla stopped by earlier and asked me to look after them."

Angel said "Of course she did, you are the Mom around here. Where is she, did she take off again?"

I said "She is making sure that they can't be traced here or as she put it muddy things a bit. You know how she is."

She smiled "Let me Guess the first thing you did was feed them, then give them a bath and give them new clothes. Am I right? You are such a Mom. I am not saying that is a bad thing. It is a very good thing for whoever you are looking after. Let me guess those are weave dresses?" I nodded. "You know you never did make those nightgowns for me."

I smiled "I kind of forgot. I kind of had a baby or two since you asked. I will do it soon. As long as your here do you want to check out the Sorority? The girls just moved over today."

She smiled "Mind if I put my girls down with yours?"

I shrugged "No problem, Tasha is up there as always. Take them up we will be here when you are ready." I waved the twins to the couch. I got my work bag and started to make a nightgown for Angel. I had 4 done by the time she came down. She smiled when she seen them. "That should hold you for a little while. I will make the others when I can." She nodded. I noticed something the twins were moving their hands the way I was when I was weaving the crystal. I took out some crystal for them and said "Try it, Weave a nightgown for yourselves." They looked at each other, then they tried it. It was hard on them at first. Then they figured it out, it flowed. Soon they both had nice short nightgowns ready to use tonight and panties to go with them. I smiled "You did very well I will show you many things, remember always watch and remember." They both nodded. I wondered if they would ever speak?

We got ready and we headed over to alpha house. The walk was not far. I was starting to get in a pretty good mood. Of course that was when the attack came. I could sees it coming so I had time to put up a shield around everyone as 5 bandits all came at me. The lightning burst I used sent them sprawling. I waited and they tried again after the second burst 3 of them did not get up. the 2 that did tried to run only to run right into the royal guards hands. They were not having a good day. A guardsman came up and asked "Is everyone alright?"

I said "Yes, Reed is it not?" He nodded pleased I remembered him. "Have the area patrolled more often. It seem some are trying some unsavory things. I want the ladies of the Sorority safe at all times understood?"

Reed said "Yes, your highness, it will be done. I will see to it personally. Your Majesty are you sure you are all right?"

Angel smiled at him "How can I be anything else when I am with the strongest mage of Sanctuary. Those fools did not stand a chance."

He said "Well then I will see to those orders and these cretins." He saluted and left. I smiled.

Angel said "I know that smile, you are thinking of playing match maker. Leave the boy alone. He will find his own dates."

I sighed "It was just a thought. Lets get inside." We went inside.

The maid Mary looked out "Well it seem our founder has decided to pay us another visit."

I said "Hello Mary, You remember my sister the Queen of Sanctuary."

She curtsied and said "I will get the House Mother." She rushed off.

Angel said "Sis Do you know everyone or are we just being lucky today?"

I quipped "I know everyone that work on my projects. I just worked with Reed before. I do have a good memory for people." Angel was looking around and spotted the founders portrait.

She smiled "So you are the founder of the Sorority. Nice job sis I am sponsoring the project and I don't get a footnote. So your titles got bigger again."

May stuck her head out "Hi Ember the House Mother will be out in a sec."

I said "Thanks May. I don't know if you met my sister Angelica. Angel this is May Sam's intended. Have you two set the date yet?"

May came out "Nice to meet you Angelica. Yes the first of December, My Birthday. Hopefully he won't forget the date to often." She suddenly recognized the Queen. "Oh my you are the Queen." She curtsied.

Angel said "Well yes and since you are my future sister in law we don't have to do that. Just treat me as you treat Ember and call me Angel. If you are Marrying Sam we will be Family."

May smiled "My mother is going to faint when I tell her. What a family to marry into."
We all laughed at that. Then The House Mother came out and gave Angel the tour. The girls greeted her as she did and asked about her babies. The House Mother was shocked at such actions. Till Angel told her that They were practically family from living in my house for so long. When I am with my sister we are not as formal as other times.

Lanora said "Sister?" I raised my hand. "Well that clears up that."

Angel said "I do have a question? If the Crown is sponsoring this Sorority Why is it not listed with the others?"

From behind us I heard Charlotte say "I told you we were forgetting someone. Get down there fix it."

Ronda said "All right don't get pushy!" I smiled at the exchange. Charlotte was elected the first Sorority President and was using that power it seems. We finished the tour in the kitchens. Angel was impressed. By the time we were getting ready to go, Ronda had fixed the list. I smiled at that. We headed out to walk back to the house this time with out the futile attack. I went up stairs right when we got back and fed the babies. After I was done Angel fed her two. Once they were down we all headed downstairs for some getting to know you time.

I started by asking Rose "Are you two just shy or is it you can not talk?

They looked at each other and Rose sighed "We can talk we just don't like to. Every time we talk people use what we say to laugh at us."

I said "That wont happen here. What you say will stay between the 4 of us. Now have you had magic training? If so what kind? I need to know this if I am going to teach you. You both have a large amount of magic. You need to know how to use it. Like what you did making the nightgowns."

She said "We both had a little training in the basics. less than a year before we needed to start running. I took to Earth magic and Amy to Air magic. But like I said only the basics. I liked making the nightgown that is a useful skill." She looked at Amy who was fidgeting. "Amy would have liked them longer but I like them short."

Angel said "Now that you know how to make them you can make them any way you want. I am sure Ember will give you enough crystals to try it several ways. You can try different ways to make Dresses as well. Ember makes all her own clothes. She is quite good at it."

I said "Putting that aside and getting back to the point." I asked them about the training itself for over a hour. I got answers but not good ones. I will have to start from the beginning. The projects would have to be simple and useful. Just like Darla started with me. I had stopped talking and started thinking. I said "I need to think this over so why don't you try to make another nightgown." I gave them a bag of holding each filled with crystal. Soon they were sitting together making nightgowns of different types. I paced a little and thought. I remembered all the little things she had me make at first. Most are not relevant so can be skipped. The weave will help a lot. Their minds are good and they can figure things out fast.

Cryss came in and said "Mommy, I need your help. The dress I am making is just not coming out right and I don't know why."

I said "Ok Dear I will take a look. Do you mind If Amy and Rose come along? They are living here now.

Cryss said "Sure this one is no big deal." She went over to them "Hi I am Cryss. Are you learning the weave? Fun isn't. You can make almost anything. come on I will show you where I make my dresses." She held out her hands to them. Then they were walking towards Cryss's workshop. When we got to the gate she opened it. She smiled that Angel had followed. We went in and she locked it again. In the main room there were many dresses part way completed. The one in the center of the room was the one that was vexing Cryss. She showed the twins and Angel around as I looked over the dress and spotted the error that was making it hang wrong. When Cryss was done with the tour I pointed out what was wrong and how to fix it. It was a quick fix so it was soon done. Cryss was so bubbly and open that she was able to draw the twins out. Soon they were talking about dresses and what they liked and didn't like. Then Cryss was showing them how to make different fabrics and styles. I smiled I was sure they would both have a new dress by dinner time. Then I got it. What Darla meant when she said Teach them the way I taught you. I smiled I knew what to do now. Darla did not teach me herself she tossed me into the pits. Well we don't have the Pits here but I will have them go to the different mages for jobs and learn that way. It worked for me I hope it works for them. I could ask the Six and those in the house and the Sorority girls. There is team Element too.

I was standing near the link mirror when it jingled so I answered it. It was Sue saying it was dinner time. After that we all headed back in the house. Dinner was good and I could see the twins were tired. It had been a long day for them. I asked Ben to put one of the beds into the room I plan to give the twins so that they could stay together.

Dinner was fine, a little fewer people in the room but then that is how it goes. We ate with the twins back in silent mode. I was distracted so there was not that much chatting going on. Now that Sam and May were living in the cottage and both were working I wonder how they were getting along. That was 8 people moving out in one weekend and two moving in. This place really was like a Hotel. What was going to happen next.

After a quiet dinner the twins were drooping so I put them to bed. They were glad when they found two beds in one room. They slipped into their new nightgowns and into bed and I said goodnight and left them to sleep. I went to check on my girls and they were sleeping, so I went back downstairs. It was a lazy Sunday evening so Ben and I went out to talk and cuddle in our spot.

The attack came just as we were sitting down. My instincts told me to put up my shield just before the blast hit. I was still thrown back from the force of the blast. I got my hand on the wall and activated Safe House. Then I stood to face this threat. Ben was behind me when I was blasted back. He struggled out of the couch and went Dragon. There was four of them, they seemed to be human mages. As the second one sent a blast I countered with two of my own. One took out her blast the other took her out. She went down hard, she was not using shield. The other three sent blast our way. I blocked two and Ben's Dragon fire took care of the other. It was a pitched battle for awhile. I built up to casting six blasts at a time. That got them. I walked down and checked all were alive if barely. I bound their magic. I released safe house mode. I let Angel know what was happening. She told me to strip them of their magic, then turn them over to the guards. I did that and was just finishing when 8 guards Ben called showed up. I turned the ex-mages over then headed into the house.

I was angry that was two attacks in one day. I was buzzing from all the magic and it was getting on my nerves. There would be no sleep tonight. I sat down and started making nightgowns for angel. After the 4th one I decided this was working. I got up and packaged the nightgowns for her to take home. I wandered around the house thinking dark thoughts. I told Ben I was going to the Magic Circle for a practice session. I grabbed one of my bags of crystal and my work bag. I had a idea of what I was going to do. I had a princess mode but now that I am a Queen I need something more.

Once in the practice room I looked over the Crystals I had as I planned. I took the design of my wedding dress an used all I knew about the Weave to make it as fine as lace. I worked in gemstones and silver for ascents. Everything was finer and more lace like. It was made of 3 layers instead of 1, it looked Beautiful. I smiled now for the hard part. I began to layer protection enchantments from all 4 elements into the dress. I pushed everything I knew into these castings. I used most of my books finding every way to protect the person who would wear this dress. I had just finished the Dragon protection enchantments on the dress when Grandmother knocked on the door. I opened the door. She looked at me and said "What have you been doing all night it is time for breakfast?"

I said "Well come in and look, I just finished." Grandmother came in and gasped.

She said "It is truly Beautiful! Even better than your wedding dress. I have never seen anything like it. There is so much Magic coming of it I am almost giddy. What are the enchantments for? There are so many I can only feel that they are powerful."

I said "Protection, every kind I could find. The person wearing this dress will be as safe as I can make her. Since I will be the one wearing it I know I will be very safe. I have been using my wedding dress for my formal dress. Now this will be my formal Dress. As soon as I finish the crown and shoes it will be ready." I walked over and put the dress in my outfit bracelet and started picking up all my books.

Grandmother was thinking. She said "I think it is time we had a party. To celebrate the founding of the Sorority and the Princess Betterment Group and Sam's engagement. A true Blow out of a party! Don't show anyone else that dress. It will be revealed at the party for the first time! Yes this will get everyone in a good mood. We need that the End of summer is coming up so Everyone's edgy about restarting school. A good party would put everyone in the right place for the start of school. When do you think you will be done with the crown and shoes?"

I said "I will come here this afternoon and have them done by dinner. I know what they will look like just needs to be done. A party seems problematic to me with all the attacks lately. I am sure you will find a way to have it safely. Let's go to breakfast."

When we got to the house the twins were sitting waiting. I said "Start without me I have to feed the Babies." A half our later I came back down for a quick breakfast. I told the twins that I had to teach a class so they will sit in on it and be invisible. The Sorority girls came over ready for class. We went back and I went into protection spells, different spell types and the uses for each. It was a good class. The twins sat to the side in the back. For some reason I don't think Amy missed a word, Rose not so much.

I dismissed the class for lunch and walked over to the twins. "Well lets have lunch, Then I will explain my idea to get you trained right." I walked out and all the sorority girls had went back to Alpha house for lunch. Seem they like the cooking there. I looked at grandmother and asked "How is the basics class going for the Princesses and Dragons?"

Grandmother said "Why don't you sit in and see? We would love to have you."

I stated "I will tomorrow. Today I have to set things up for the twins. I finally figured out what Darla meant. So I will be setting that up today. After I have fed my babies. Oh and today is Grand Mage Office day I almost forgot. That means I'll have to put off setting things up till this evening. Looks like all other projects are put off till tomorrow. Dang it my week is filling up already and it is only Monday.

Grandmother said "What are you going to do with the twins while you are working this afternoon? How about I take them in with the others? I am sure they would get something out of it if only a refresher."

I quipped "Sounds fine with me. That way I won't be worrying as much. I might get some work done that way. I am sure there is a lot being brought here today. It has been weeks since I did a full days paperwork. All in all I am quite behind in my paperwork." We finished lunch and I told Sue to let me know when Vickie got here. Then I went up to feed the kids. I did not take too long and went downstairs to get some work done. Vickie was not here yet and I was starting to get worried. I went to the mirror and link called the Mage Hall.

Heather answered "Mage Hall how may I help you? Oh hi Boss, What can I do for you?"

I smiled "Is Vickie still there? I need to talk to her."

Heather said "She left almost a hour ago to see you. If she is not there it is not good!"

I said "Alert the guard I am going to look for her. If she comes back hang on to her and call me. I will be in touch." I cut the link. I was worried Vickie was very reliable. I went out the door and went Dragon I flew up and slowly worked my way to the Mage Hall. About half way there I spotted something and spiraled down. It was Vickie behind a rock fall. I shifted back. I checked and she was still alive but she wont be for much longer she was loosing blood slowly but surely. I tried to heal her but it was too much for me. I bound her wounds the best I could and picked her up an flew as fast as I could praying Janis was home!

I got there and kicked the door my hands full. Dixie answered the door and I said "Get Janis this is going to take everything the two of you got!"

Janis came out and pointed to a exam table, I placed Vickie on it and backed off. I knew when to let specialists do their thing. They worked fast but not getting each others way. After an hours work Janis said to me "Is any of that blood yours?" I shook my head. "She will live but it was bad. I can't rule out head injury. All we can do now is wait and see if she wakes up. Go home, I will let you know when we know anything more.

I went outside and called the Mage Hall on my link compact. Heather answered "Oh boss did you find her, everyone here is worried?"

I sighed "I did, she was a victim of a rock fall. I got her to Janis. She will live but they don't know anything else at this time. Call off the Guard and pray she wakes up."

She gasped "We will take care of everything here. Do you want us to decide who will act as your aid till Vickie is back on her feet."

I said "Your the new aid. Find out what she was bringing to me and make copies I'll be in tomorrow to get them. Try to keep people working. They can't do anything so try to not worry them too much. I talk to you tomorrow."

I headed to the spot I found Vickie and looked for signs it was a natural thing. Just bad luck I hoped. What I could see was inconclusive. I headed home. Something more to worry about.

To be Continued
As always All Life Giving Comments are Welcome and Loved.
up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oh dear!

Alecia Snowfall's picture

new attacks are coming too frequently. I worry that there may be traitors in Sanctuary. And what of these mystery twins? oh Gypsy you give us so much to think about while driving us crazy waiting for the next chapter!*hugs*

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Huh?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't they live in a cavern accessible only by mirror? How are bandits getting in? As always spectacular chapter, can't wait for more.

nomad

cavern accessible only by mirror...

Sammi's picture

... this may be so, but there is a major point that you may have missed the influx of people due to relocation from Crystalis and due to emergency, this all with no background checks.
Undesirables could get in, and also these could help others with entry.
I had reservations when the Queen of Crystalis would send people just because she could.


"REMEMBER, No matter where you go, There you are."

Sammi xxx

it seems too coincidental

it seems too coincidental that Vickie would be caught in a rock slide after the attacks that have happened.
she seems to be on the ball enough that she would have been able to protect herself if it was a natural occurence.

it would also seem that someone in sanctuary is betraying them and letting in the attackers

Coincidenral

GypsyWoman's picture

Thanks for the comment. Ember looked at the spot where she found Vickie but could not tell one way or the other. so was waiting and worrying till Vickie wakes up.

We will see if some one or ones are behind this or not.

Have fun and read.

Kat H

oops sorry

Internet glitch duplication

so sorry

Please blame my internet.. Tee hee hee :)

It's a busy life

With all the spells and powerful magic, I would expect Ember to have a less busy life but it is not. Lol. She should be delegating more works around her circle of people.
With all the attacks pointing to her and Angel, the security will logically be tighten. But it would mean less resting for the guard and war mages. Maybe they should set up a lot of 'watch dog' perhap magical one that stay alert 24/7 to watch out the perimeter. Just my opinion though.

Tangent's Back?

So Tangent is trying to kill Rose and Amy. Does that imply that they've been living on Earth? This is the first mention of those folks since Ember and company destroyed them late last spring.

Last of their line, with "a task to do", made me wonder if they came from the old seventh line of dragons that Ember's Crystals are replacing, but I'd guess that if the girls had a latent dragon form, Ember would have sensed it.

Vickie is a "mage clerk" that Darla hired from another state's Mage Hall who took the courier spot when Ember moved her base of operations from the Sanctuary Mage Hall to her home. I'm not clear as to what if anything that means about her magical abilities and whether they could have saved her from (or for that matter, caused) a landslide.

Eric