The Lyssa Kordenay Missions - Book 30 - The Butterfly Bride

Printer-friendly version

 

TBB cover.PNG
Book 30 of The Lyssa Kordenay Missions!
  Lyssa has operated in every environment.
 Fought terrorists, high echelon criminals,
 Rogue agents and even serial killers .
 Is she ready to face....Marriage?

WARNING: This Lyssa Kordenay Mission may be hyper-emotional for some readers. Arm yourself with tissues!

 

 


 

The Butterfly Bride

 
 
 
CHAPTER 1

Dannigan finalized the tasking codes then hit execute. Madison stood behind him watching as the display counted down. two minutes later the screen came back up bearing the logo of the Office of Immediate Covert Action. The transfer was a success. The new array was online and operating within parameters. New array that was now housed in a reinforced bunker underground on the private island airfield in the Bahamas run by Rodrick Mason.

It was the latest super computer array built specifically for the agency designated: Onyssius. Onyssius- the ancient Greek God of Retribution. Or as the others now jokingly referred to it; Kimberly's new baby. It took only three days to set up the array and bring it online. Now they no longer needed to hack for time on the Pentagon or NSA's super arrays. They had their own, paid for with seized cartel funds. Pete supervised most of the installation until Kimberly was ready. Lyssa was back on Grand Cayman overseeing the last of the wedding details with Rodrick bouncing back and forth.

Normally this would be Pete's weekend to fly north to spend time with Madison but since it would be the wedding she and Dannigan would be flying down there. Dannigan wondered if Lyssa had any clue as to the surprise Rodrick had been working diligently on with 24 hour construction crews. It would be finished by the time they returned from their ten day honeymoon cruise.

Dannigan had to pat himself on the back for that. It'd been difficult to find a place to send them where they could relax and enjoy being newlyweds. It was either a cruise or a trip to Antarctica. Lyssa's sense of humor would only go so far so he chose a cruise for them, Mediterranean around Europe. He sent a message to Kimberly that all was working. She sent back a message confirming it.

"Ok Madison. That's it. Grab your luggage, its time to head south for the big To-Do," Dannigan said with a bit of satisfaction.

"WOOOOHOOOOO," she cheered then proceeded him out to collect their luggage and head for the airport.

Pete waited for them at the private terminal and within minutes they were in the air headed for Grand Cayman after a stop-off at Ram's Rock Island.

~o~O~o~

Lyssa laughed and clapped as Katya twirled down the aisle to the end then moved for Marissa to join them the same way. Lyssa spun on the ball of her right foot then pranced a circle around her two friends, leaped and circled around them both twirling to finish laughing as they were.

"Hello ladies, I'm thrilled to see you found a way to entertain yourselves waiting for me," Reverend Clarkson said walking up.

Katya smiled and said something in Russian then caught herself, "oops,sorry. I meant to say English, such a pretty church and so happy our Lyssa is marrying we could not help dance for her."

The Reverend chuckled," no apologies my dear. Its a joyous occasion, if I'd the talent you are gifted with, I too would dance in celebration. After all King David himself leaped and danced before the Lord with all his might, why should you not as well?"

The three women smiled then turned to the altar and curtsied gracefully then stepped back into their shoes. With Reverend Clarkson's help they quickly set out markers for the bridal and groom party positions. Katya insisted that Lyssa not walk the rehearsal as it would bring bad luck so Marissa was chosen to walk Lyssa's position for it. In the back of her mind Lyssa wondered exactly what Rodrick was up to.

She knew about the new computer array but Rodrick was being a bit smug and snarky, as if he had a surprise of some kind planned. The array was online she knew but when she talked to him on the phone it sounded like there was still some kind of construction going on. they had talked briefly about a range and kill-house since the British Operators had mentioned it while they were on station there to protect the prince while he vacationed.

That was probably it she thought. He was building a top of the line range and kill-house on the island.

Suddenly Katya started chattering in rapid fire Russian, "Lyssa! We must hurry or we'll be late for the hair and nails!"

Quickly they hurried out to the SUV to make their appointment.

~o~O~o~

LoneStar walked up to stand beside Rodrick.

"She figured out yet that you're doin' this," he asked muffled by his flight helmet.

Rodrick smiled broadly, "not a clue."

Beside them the black Belgian shepherd, Warlock, sat watching the work crew building.

"The mutt take a chunk outta any of them yet," LoneStar asked.

"Not yet but they definitely know that its not safe to wander around," Rodrick replied with a chuckle.

The day foreman had come to ask Rodrick a question and was greeted by the snarling tactical dog guarding the office. After that Rodrick gave a walkie-talkie to the day and night foremen.

Rodrick asked, "So right after the wedding you're gonna fly Paul, Madison and Kim back up to D.C.?"

"yeah, Kim's got an appointment then we'll come back the next day so Pete and Eddie won't have to handle all this themselves," LoneStar answered.

"I ever tell you 'thanks'," Rodrick asked.

LoneStar stood silently for a moment then asked, "for what?"

Rodrick shrugged," didn't have to take up with us. You did anyway. Thanks."

"I found a reason to stay. Paul said I had a very moving funeral a few days ago, even sent me pictures," LoneStar said noncommittally.

"Lyssa didn't know about hers until last year," Rodrick commented, "he keeps the flags in his office in case you wondered."

"Doesn't matter, see you later. The drones'll be ready tomorrow. You want in on the test flight," LoneStar asked.

"I'll be here in the morning but have to be back on Cayman for the afternoon. Rehearsal plus dinner, the work crew will be off tomorrow and the next day," Rodrick answered.

LoneStar nodded and turned back to the hangars. Rodrick conferred with the foreman then called for Warlock, headed for the runway and his Gulfstream to head back to Grand Cayman.


CHAPTER 2

Katya flopped onto Lyssa's bed, "Wake up! Its your day to be a princess!"

Lyssa chuckled to herself, having already been awake since dawn and walked along the beach with Warlock bounding through the surf.

"I've been awake, lay-about. You're the one who likes to sleep in,"Lyssa laughed.

"Marissa is making breakfast. Hurry before she poisons us both," Katya giggled.

Marissa Addams wasn't known for culinary skill so Lyssa did get up to go stop her. They walked in to find her dishing cut fruit into shortcake cups then topping with whipped cream and pouring mimosas for all three of them.

"HA! and you thought I couldn't make a meal," Marissa said sassily.

Lyssa took some of the cream onto her finger and licked it, "you can't. Andrea made the cream and I know the fruit came from the restaurant too."

Marissa swatted the laughing Katya,"YOU BLABBED!"

Katya squealed trying to get out of the way, "NYET!"

"Andrea adds a bit of rum to her whipped cream and I know about the fruit because I tell them to make it since I own the restaurant," Lyssa said without cracking a smile then turned to see Katya and Marissa 's shocked expressions.

Katya got over her shock at that statement fast to answer the phone, "Lyssa's phone; good morning. Yes. Right here."

Lyssa took the phone, it was the limo service confirming the time to pick them up to go to the church. Many jokes and teasing ensued as they lazily got ready. Finally with ten minutes left Lyssa gingerly put on the gown and stepped into the five inch heels.

Katya had helped her with the zipper and back lacing then stood back, "DA! Today the Ghost Legend becomes a princess for us all to envy and love."

"I still can't believe John went to this extravagance," Lyssa said looking back at the twenty foot long train.

"It's your wedding day Lyss. it SHOULD be a big deal,"Marissa commented.

Katya chimed in, "Da. You, who said to me, 'Katya I will never have marriage. I will not know love that lasts beyond a night.' It is this day that we all hoped and wished for, that you would find all things in life that have made all your hardest work worth while, Nyet?"

Lyssa looked to her two friends. She was their idol and knew it, yet here they were breaking her heart with their own happiness for her.

Katya saw this and quickly chided her,"nyet Lyssa! You must not cry and ruin the make-up! Let's go now, to the man that waits to spend the rest of your lives together."

Lyssa sputtered a laugh and hugged them both then walked out to the waiting car followed by Marissa and Katya carrying her train and were on their way.

~o~O~o~

Dannigan stood at the doors waiting nervously. the last time he'd been nervous over Lyssa was her first recital but she'd danced like she'd been doing so all her life to their great joy. Never having children of his own, Lyssa was as close as it would ever be and this was the most important day ever to be. LoneStar waited just inside the doors of the chapel itself to signal the arrival.

He couldn't believe that as well. As damaged and screwed up as Joe was, Kimberly of all people had broken through and brought him back to living. Though he hadn't seen beneath the helmet in over ten years He believed that they looked good together.

Madison and Pete were another surprise. Dannigan chuckled to himself now that he thought about it. Who'd have ever thought he'd be a match-maker. the sound of a car door caught him out of that. A moment later the doors open and Lyssa walked in flanked by Katya and Marissa and his heart practically stopped.

"What? what is it? tell me something's not wrong," Lyssa demanded in a hushed tone at the sight of his expression.

"You're the most beautiful woman on earth Lyssa," he finally said.

She froze and blinked at that.

"If I never told you before I will now; I'm so VERY proud of you," Dannigan said in a strong clear voice.

Again Lyssa felt her heart breaking with happiness. Nervously she fidgeted with the skirt of the gown as Katya and Marissa adjusted the train behind her.

Marissa announced, "Ready."

"Got the ring," Dannigan asked Katya in flawless Russian.

His presence had been explained as Lyssa's first sponsor. Sponsors were common, sometimes it was a more polite way of saying Sugar-Daddy, but most of the time is really was business. Corporate appearances and things like that were the trade for sponsorship.

"Da," the Russian Prima answered and held up her left wrist to show the ring on a thread that would easily break when pulled.

"Ok. Then we're ready. Lyssa," He said making her look up.

"You're stunning and everybody's waiting," He said smiling proudly.

Lyssa took a deep breath then nodded, "ok."

Beyond the doors the musical cue began then both doors opened and the bride's-maids began their walk down the aisle.

~o~O~o~

Rodrick asked Pete under his breath for the tenth time, "got the ring?"

"Its in my hand now will you get a grip," Pete chuckled then whispered, "Here they come now. Whoa!"

They watched as the doors opened and Madison began her walk down the aisle followed by Marissa then Katya and finally Meghan gently dropping rose petals revealing Lyssa and Dannigan standing in the doorway. Rodrick caught his breath seeing Lyssa at the distance then he almost forgot to start breathing again as she began her walk with Dannigan beside her passing through two columns of Navy SEALS in dress uniform.

As they approached Rodrick couldn't believe she could have been more beautiful than the day she walked Dior show but she was. Several 'oohs and aahs' were heard as she passed. When finally they reached him and Dannigan lifted the veil to kiss her cheek and shake Rodrick's hand he could tell she was holding back tears. Rodrick held her hand as they both stepped forward to stand before the Reverend.

With a smile Reverend Clarkson began, "We are gathered here today for the joining of Lyssa Patrice Kordenay and Rodrick Nathaniel Mason in wedlock. A union of love and happiness to last throughout their lives. Should there be any objection make it heard now."

After a very long pause Reverend Clarkson continued, "Do you; Lyssa Patrice Kordenay, take this man; Rodrick Nathaniel Mason, to be your wedded husband? To have and to hold? In sickness and health? Love, honor and cherish, for as long as you both shall live; til death do you part?"

Lyssa looked up and said with determination, "Yes, I do."

He turned to Rodrick," Do you; Rodrick Nathaniel Mason, do you take this woman; Lyssa Patrice Kordenay, to be your wedded wife? To have and to hold? In sickness and health? Love, honor and cherish, for as long as you both shall live; til death do you part?"

Rodrick looked deep into her dove grey eyes and said firmly, "Without a doubt, I do."

"May we have the rings," the Reverend asked.

Pete handed Rodrick Lyssa's ring.

"Repeat after me," Clarkson instructed, "Take this ring; as a symbol of my love and fidelity. Forsaking all others. Enduring troubling times. Rejoicing in times of ease and supporting one another for all of time."

Rodrick repeated then slid the wedding band onto her finger fitting against the engagement ring. Katya passed Rodrick's ring to Lyssa.

The Reverend instructed her, "repeat after me; take this ring as a symbol of my love and fidelity. Forsaking all others. Enduring troubling times. Rejoicing in times of ease and supporting one another for all of time."

Lyssa repeated with a couple of hesitations to keep her composure then slid the ring onto Rodrick's finger.

"You've come to each other, and before these dear people, out of love and bonded yourselves to each other here in the presence of these witnesses in holy matrimony," Reverend Clarkson said smiling, "I now pronounce you husband and wife; you may kiss the bride."

As they kissed he announced, "Family and friends, I present you Mr. and Mrs. Mason. My congratulations to you both and I wish you all the best in your future together."

Everyone stood and applauded as the music began again and Rodrick walked Lyssa back up the aisle followed by the bride's-maids and groom's-men under a canopy of swords.

At the end, the Commander of SEAL team Four said, "Congratulations Mason."

"Thank you Sir," he replied.

The SEAL Admiral quickly swatted Lyssa on the behind with the flat of his saber and called out, "GO NAVY!"

The two columns of SEALs yelled out, "HOOOOYAAAAAH!"

Rodrick and Lyssa stood at the top of the steps outside for a few photos then rode to the reception in the limo followed by the guests.


CHAPTER 3

Everyone had filed in already and were waiting as Rodrick and Lyssa were announced, "Presenting the newlyweds; Mr. Rodrick Mason and Mrs. Lyssa Kordenay-Mason."

Pictures were taken then the cutting of the cake and champagne toasts. Finally they were called to the dance area and began dancing until Rodrick's father came up and asked to cut in. None had been more surprised than Rodrick that his parents came. They hadn't spoken since his resignation from the Navy. Lyssa hadn't been surprised when her Mother-in-law to be had confessed that she had no idea why her own son was on the cover of a tabloid months ago and after finding out, found it hard to believe he would have even pursued a relationship with a woman of Lyssa's reputation. The woman was over-joyed at their match.

Lyssa danced with her father-in-law as Rodrick danced with his mother then Pete cut in to dance with Lyssa and Rodrick danced with Katya before returning to each other. After several minutes people began approaching to congratulate them. Of course the British Prince wasn't denied a few moments of a dance with the bride. Celebrities, royalty, military and countless friends shook Rodrick's hand and kissed Lyssa's.Kimberly covertly began having the gifts loaded into the waiting SUVs of Lyssa, Pete and LoneStar to be transferred to the house.

Finally the time was called for all ladies'-in-waiting to come to the dance floor and Lyssa was helped up to stand on a chair facing away from them. Twice she teased them all before throwing a bouquet over her head to the crowd behind her. The women cried out in excitement jockeying for the best spot to try catching it as it fell; to be caught by Prince Harry's girlfriend of all people. Everyone began chuckling and pointing to the Prince who had the good grace to blush.

Lyssa sat down laughing as Rodrick knelt and slowly slid her garter down her leg and took it off. Several whistles and cat-calls came from the crowd and the bachelors were then herded to occupy the dance floor where the women had stood. Rodrick jokingly began aiming at certain men in turn then turned around and tossed the circle of lace and ribbon behind him.

The reaction was comically different. Instead of vying to catch it as the women had the men were trying to avoid it pushing each other into its landing area laughing. It bounced off the head of the Prince and landed in the hands of none other than Rodrick's old friend Banker to the delight of all the SEALS who immediately began hassling him about it when Marissa Addams blew him a kiss from across the room.

Finally the reception began to close and the guests took their leave. At the end it was only Rodrick,Lyssa,Dannigan, Madison, Pete, Kimberly and LoneStar. Pete walked up and hugged Lyssa and Rodrick followed by Madison then Kimberly and LoneStar.

Kimberly said, "we'll unload the gifts then head back to the airfield and come back day after tomorrow to take care of things."

Lyssa hugged her, "Thanks Kim."

The limo dropped Lyssa and Rodrick off, the gifts were unloaded and stacked in the dining room on the table then they were alone. Rodrick carried her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed. Slowly they undressed each other as the sun set filling the room with gold light.

"I love you Mr. Mason," Lyssa whispered.

"I love you Mrs. Mason, and I'm gonna show you how much," Rodrick answered and began kissing her.

~o~O~o~

Kimberly and LoneStar waved as Dannigan drove away taking Rodrick and Lyssa to the airport to go on their honeymoon. Dannigan had made all the arrangements. They all knew about the cruise for ten days. Pete would oversee the finishing of the construction on the island while Kimberly and LoneStar would oversee the packing of the Grand Cayman house, especially all the weapons. Also they would disarm and remove the booby-traps. Lyssa and Rodrick had unwrapped the gifts and wrote thank you cards which she would send out before heading back to the island.

Already they'd snuck the change of address form past Lyssa to be signed along with several other papers. All the belongings would be loaded into conex boxes to be loaded and transported with the C-130. The house would be refurnished to be used as a safe-house but not sold. Also some things from the house in Virginia would be relocated as well. Construction would be finished in three more days then Kimberly and LoneStar would have to hurry to finish getting everything settled.

Dannigan hugged Lyssa then clasped Rodrick's hand at the jet-way. The yacht's first mate would be waiting for them in Spain. For ten days they'd leisurely sail around the European side of the Mediterranean so they could both focus on being newlyweds for a change and not when the next roll-out call would come through. Madison had enjoyed her time on Rodrick's island with Pete.

One day she'd probably ask to transfer down there permanently. He'd give the relationship time to see if it panned out the way they all hoped it did. He'd have to get a new secretary if that happened. He couldn't relocate from Washington. Kimberly was going to need a new ongoing task. Searching for a replacement for Lyssa may take years unless they got incredibly lucky. She'd have to start watching the psyche evals coming out of Special Forces.

Like everybody else, including himself, Lyssa would want to retire one day. Dannigan had a sneaking suspicion now that the day wouldn't be as far off as she originally thought. The funny thing was though, the idea of her retiring from fieldwork didn't seem bad.


CHAPTER 4

The cruise had been romantic starting in Spain and sweeping around all the European countries along the Mediterranean coast then back stopping in Dover and heading to London for a visit to Buckingham Palace to be granted an audience with the Queen for congratulations after being formally announced as Lord and Lady Mason.

It was a private audience therefore allowing their titles to be used. Titles confirmed by the Queen herself, but not recognized outside the royal court. The remainder of the royal family introduced though they all remembered Lyssa from her performances at
Royal Albert Hall.

Rodrick had enjoyed seeing themselves both in such a casual light and wondered if that was what it would be like in retirement. Jet-set and globe-trotting would have to come to an end one day he thought to himself. That was when he really started paying attention to other people not from a tactical stand-point. Especially those with children with them.

What would it really be like to be a parent? A son that was competitive like him or a daughter artistic like Lyssa? Perhaps the other way around. Female sports were even more competitive than male due to the lack of major contribution and following. Perhaps a son would be musically inclined or a dancer? He understood that dancing was very physically demanding and required the same discipline as most martial arts. Maybe their child would be more attracted to aesthetic arts such as painting, sculpting or photography?

There were also sciences. Perhaps very academic, computers like Kimberly or mechanical like Eddie. Kimberly also was very deductive, her mind could make leaps in reasoning tracking things electronically that would cross-over into real world. What if their child were more scholarly, pursuing the world of teaching or medicine as a doctor or researcher?

That really spun his mind into overdrive, not that he was a proverbial knuckle-dragger and neither was Lyssa. They both were highly intelligence and creative thinkers, which was required in the world of special operations, but what if their child turned out to be on a higher level than either of them? How would they keep up in order to assist as a parent should. after two days of seeing him being so introspective Lyssa finally had enough.

Sitting at the table she asked,"ok. You're working on something giving you fits. What is it?"

Rodrick snapped out it, "Kids."

Lyssa thought for a moment then replied, "heard about those. Fairly dangerous, require special gear don't they? Tasers, tear gas, high velocity rounds, nets, etc.?"

"Would ours be? What if they're like you and very artistic or me and athletic? Or a combination of the two of us? Or really smart like Kimberly? Not that we're dumb or anything like that, but she's really bright and her mind moves at warp speed. What about like Eddie; a mechanical type? What if they're not interested in the military like we are and want to be a doctor or researcher? Or a biologist and work in a zoo or something like that?"

Lyssa sat stunned for a moment, "wow! I didn't even know I could get pregnant."

Rodrick looked stumped, "oh. Right. Forgot about that. Adoption. Damn I didn't think about that. Should we try to get a boy or girl? Or both? Can we get siblings? what about twins? They're not always identical are they?"

"Whoa! Wait-a-minute. Slow down for christ's sake. Good god baby, where is all this coming from," Lyssa sputtered.

Rodrick looked around and nodded to passers-by most of which had children in tow.

At her look of puzzlement he said, "well...we're married now. We'll be wanting to start a family. Married people do that;have families. You know; kids."

Lyssa looked thoughtful for a moment then said, "you're right, but we shouldn't just jump in blindly. A call to the major for tasking on this, and then Kimberly for an overview and analysis. Madison will have to get the paperwork ready. Maybe LoneStar to do some recon flights. Yeah this is serious. In fact we maybe over our heads. Should we ask for Delta or DEVGRU back-up? No wait we're in Britain; call the SAS or SBS."

Rodrick gave Lyssa a look as if she blowing him off then as she slowly smiled he began to laugh then so did she. An elderly woman sitting at an adjoining table also laughed. Apparently she'd overheard enough of the conversation.

"Young man, I take it you're newlyweds," She asked.

"Yes Ma'am we are," Rodrick answered proudly.

"I was a newlywed once myself young man," she commented, "care for a bit of advice?"

"We'd love some Ma'am," Lyssa replied with a smile.

The woman took a sip of her tea then said, "no need to rush things. Enjoy marriage for a while. Children will come when they are supposed to and not one moment sooner or later. I have four of my own and twelve grandchildren, not a single one had ever been planned. Though a couple of my sons tried planning, I had to remind them. Many people plan, including Lord Cornwallis and even Napoleon had plans, but we all know what happened to them don't we?"

The elderly woman looked very much pleased with her own insight.

Rodrick looked bemused by her statement then turned to Lyssa, "Ohhhhhhh. You mean all THOSE fuckin' indians."

The woman looked shocked for a moment.

Lyssa explained, "allegedly General George Armstrong Custer's last words at the battle of Little Bighorn creek. 200 cavalry-men against 10,000 members of 3 Native America nations."

The woman thought about that then finally chuckled getting the joke.

"Interestingly put but applicable in any case. Murphy's Law I believe you Americans say," she commented.

Rodrick and Lyssa laughed together assuring her they understood exactly what she meant and how correct she was.

"I wouldn't lose sleep young man. That fact that you're concerned about it now does show that you will be a very attentive parent when children do come along. Right now I'd concern myself with the lovely wife. I must say my dear, you look familiar but for the life of me I can't remember from where," the woman admitted.

"My name's Lyssa. I'm a dancer," Lyssa introduced herself.

"Ah now, don't you be teasing the poor woman. She is no ordinary dancer M'am, Mrs. Mason is a Prima that's danced Royal Albert more than once," Major Jeremy Wells said stepping up, "sorry couldn't make the wedding. Congratulations to you both."

"Thank you," they both said.

MiLady...Lord Mason," the British officer said softly as he kissed Lyssa's hand and shook Rodrick's.

"Major, you know how shy I am. You make me blush,"Lyssa said coyly.

"In town on business Major," rodrick asked.

"Most important errand, I came to see you both," Wells replied.

"oh," Lyssa asked.

"Certainly M'am. I have gifts from us and the lads for you both," he said proudly passing over a small box to each.

They opened them to see matching rings with a coat of arms on them. A blue eagle on a green shield above a black chevron over a black crown.

"Authorized by the College of Arms; the standard of your family Lord Mason. Lady Mason," Major Wells said very pleased with himself.

They both sat stunned looking at the rings.

"A proper shield is being sent to your home as we speak," Wells added.

Lyssa tried hers on and asked, "ok. How'd you get my size Major?"

"I'm a highly trained combat specialist of the Crown M'Lady. I called and asked Kimberly," he replied smugly.

All three laughed at that.

"I didn't come to intrude on your honeymoon, just to give that and congratulations from m'self, Bill, and all the lads. The colonel sends his as well but was occupied," Wells said then stood up to leave.

"Thank you Jeremy. It was very thoughtful of you all," Lyssa stood up and gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Ah now there's an honor my Mrs. won't mind me braggin' about," Wells said with a chuckle.

Rodrick laughed easily then shook hands with the British officer again.

"We can't visit London without a quick turn through Piccadilly before heading home," Lyssa said.

Rodrick agreed and took her by the hand as they walked down the sidewalk.

~o~O~o~

LoneStar looked and all seemed to be in place, "I guess that's it Kim."

"Yeah. They can always rearrange things their way anytime," Kimberly said, " she's gonna fall completely out at this."

LoneStar chuckled, "I don't doubt it. Rod really pulled out the stops on this."

It was a rare thing for him to be without his helmet for a long time but they both were enjoying it.

"Their flight lands in four hours. Right," Kimberly asked.

LoneStar answered, "yeah, I'll fly over and pick 'em up. oh damn, what about this shield the Brits sent?"

Kimberly looked around then pointed, "why not there? I'll get the hook and some wire for it."

a couple of minutes later he stepped back, "there. Not even lopsided THIS time."

"Whaaaaaat? I just want it to be perfect when they get home," Kimberly pouted.

"It is and they be thrilled," LoneStar reassured her, "now go throw on somethin' instead of that bikini so we can head into Nassau to get the mail, groceries and newlyweds."

Kimberly laughed at that passing him the helmet and proceeded him out the door.

~o~O~o~

The flight to Nassau went quickly and LoneStar had the plane refueled while Kimberly went to the grocery store and post office. She returned just as a airport shuttle dropped Lyssa and Rodrick off.

Lyssa saw her get out of the SUV, "Kimberly? what are doing in my car and why are they both here?"

Kimberly froze with an 'oh shit I'm busted' look on her face and stammered, "um. Well I, uh. You see, its like this. Um, Rodrick will tell you all about it."

Lyssa turned around and pinned him with her steel colored eyes. Rodrick gave the same look Kimberly had then glanced between the two.

Finally he stammered out, "well. I kinda have a surprise for you."

"Oh? Really," Lyssa purred.

Rodrick leaned in close to Kimberly after Lyssa climbed into the plane, "If she hates it you die first because I can outrun you both."

Kimberly leaned back, "she's only going to shoot me. Warlock gets your number."

Rodrick looked at LoneStar.

The black clad pilot abruptly said, "hey I ain't got a pony in this race. She's YOUR wife."

"BFH! Big Fucking Help the both of you are,"Rodrick grumbled.

They set about stowing the last of the luggage and groceries in the cargo compartment then walking up the steps into the plane after LoneStar. The flight back was fast but as they approached Kimberly put a blindfold on Lyssa.

"Rodrick Nathaniel Mason! So help me if there is even ONE picture of me naked on any of the hangars you die. Slowly," Lyssa called out.

"You could be royally fucked," LoneStar commented.

"Confirmed; FUCKED inbound," Pete called out from the tower.

"Disregard tower," Rodrick replied, "wise ass."

Rodrick set the plane down smooth and taxied to the hangar. within minutes they loaded the luggage and some of the groceries into a cart and drove it away from the hangar area with Lyssa still sitting calmly but blindfolded. Finally the cart stopped and Lyssa was guided out.

"Ok. Now the surprise," Rodrick said then pulled the blindfold, "welcome to your mansion my Lady."

Lyssa stared in awe. Nestled against the hillside was a multilevel white building fronted by a wide veranda with columns, along the side of the house was a large pool. Several balconies topped various rooms it seemed and above the door was a large window etched with their personal insignia of a butterfly on an anchor.

Sensing he was safe for the moment, Rodrick led Lyssa inside. On the wall above the mantle was a painted portrait from a picture taken with him in a black tux and her in a deep green ballgown below the portrait was a small plaque.

Rodrick Nathaniel Mason and Lyssa Patrice Kordenay-Mason
'Past the gates; before the throne, and onto heaven together
.'

Underneath that was their date of marriage. Lyssa looked around taking it all in then threw herself into Rodrick's arms.

She laughed ,"ok. I love it! You can live."

From beside the couch Warlock wagged his tail and barked twice making them all laugh.

"Welcome home LORD and LADY Mason," Kimberly called out following LoneStar, Pete, Carl and Eddie out with Warlock tagging along after her as Rodrick carried Lyssa up the stairs.
 
 
 

Lyssa Kordenay Returns in Butterfly Games!!!
up
527 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

author's note

Alecia Snowfall's picture

BEFORE anybody starts foaming at the mouth; Onyssius is a piece of fiction. If you don't know where it came from, that's ok. If you do, that's cool too.

Also; Lyssa and Rodrick composed their own vows. Enjoy the story.

quidquid sum ego, et omnia mea semper; Ego me.
alecia Snowfall

Sweet

A new chapter in Lyssa and Rodrick's life has come and gone. They're married and no earth shattering things happened that needed their intervention to solve it. We get to see that they are starting to plan for a family, and to make their team better. it is nice to see the wedding, honeymoon, and the trip home happen and go smoothly. Best wishes for a long and Happy marriage!
Kudos Snowfall on another exciting chapter.

A lovely way to start a life together

GypsyWoman's picture

A very lovely and detailed way of telling of these two starting their lives together. I approve and say just lovely.

Kat H

How wonderful for the two of

How wonderful for the two of them. a truly awesome gown, a gathering of family and very special friends and guests and no interruptions by "duty calls". I wish them both a very long and loving relationship and life together.

i did

I enjoyed the vows, nicely done. great to see a story without chasing after bad guys. keep up the good work.
robert

001.JPG

once again Snowfall Delivers.

wolfjess7's picture

An other will written story by one of my favorite authors. As always Snowfall has delivered an engaging story of both love and action. I really liked the marriage vows. (Niece touch Snowfall)

May the peace and happiness of the Goddess keep and protect you
as always your humble outlaw
Jessie Wolf

Glad Dannigan is thinking ahead

The time to retire from this kind of thing imho is before you feel the need to retire. If you wait until damage is done then it may or may not too late to do so. It needs to be an intellectual decision as well as a gut one.

Wish I could've had my own children also *sigh*

Well done again

well done again.. I keep waiting for a big old fubar to happen, even as I know it wont happen,I,Iove the way you put in small hints and love the way you keep the story flowing right along. Well done again young' un talk to you later

Heartbeat

Dahlia's picture

I've waited a long time for this chapter. It may not be anywhere as glamorous as this but my wedding day is set for 30th of October and I can't wait. My Abby is the sun in my sky and means the world to me.
Reading this chapter makes my heartbeat a little faster. I love that amongst all the death associated with this storyline, there is true love and happiness as well.
Bravo and many thanks!

Dahlia

brilliant episode

enb4448's picture

Nice to see Lyssa and Roderick only having to deal with other for a change. Excellent story

greek gods

It is appropriate that the deity in charge of retribution is NEMESIS, the goodess

Wedding

I cry at weddings lol. Great to see Lyssa married with no interruptions.

A great story Snowfall. I look forward to the next chapters

Joanna

Don't know how they can hide such a thing where they are

Supercomputers ironically are not 'that' expensive to buy but they are power hungry beast that nothing short of a dedicated power feed will satisfy so it is the cost of running it that will be costly. Not to mention it will arouse interest as to why that location consumes that much energy.

The best.

This chapter makes me feel so happy. Thanks Snowfall.

A wonderful time for the two of them

gillian1968's picture

I visited the location of our wedding with our daughter just last month and this brought back many memories.

Adoption is a good option. I have three adopted children including twin boys.

It's good that Dannigan is planning ahead.

It's a tough business to retire from.

Lovely story.

Gillian Cairns

Shock!

The wedding and honeymoon went without either a hitch or an unexpected mission. I love the house project and the new motto for their life together - a complete opposite spin on their "gates of Hell" mission phrase.

Hmm... if Madison does move down to the island (perhaps taking on the role of primary liaison to the mainland), there's one possibility for the proverbial "patter of tiny feet", possibly before Lyssa retires from active duty.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!