Caught in the Act – 13 Out

Printer-friendly version


Caught in the Act – 13
Out


By Jessica C


Things started with Jeff turning 13 years old, dressing in his sister’s clothes and makeup; he didn’t expect to be caught… The discovery of him cross-dressing begins the blossoming of Jessie... Jeff accepts Jessie is really him, others have trouble accepting Jeff and Jessie co-exist… Mom, Dad and Dr. Hunt support Jeff in coming out as Jessie...

^..^~

Tuesday night I talked to Mom and Dad, saying, “I want to talk with Dr. Hunt tomorrow about telling people at school about me being Jessie. I want to do it before the school year ends/”

Dad sought to correct me, “You’re wanting to tell people about you possibly acting like and may be becoming Jessie?”

I said, “That’s not quite it Dad. I’m already Jessie and I am not acting like a girl. I’m trying to be the girl I am.”

Dad says, “I’m sorry, you’ve only seen yourself as Jessie for three months. It is too early to decide something like that. Your sister Rachel is a girl and you’re far from being your sister…”

“Enough Dad, I’ve been wrestling with this for years. Yes, it has been just recently I’ve admitted to myself I’m a girl. And you’re right, I’m not use to being a girl like Rach. I’m glad I have my sister and a neat Mom, and I’m usually glad you’re my Dad. I want you to accept that while you see me becoming a girl, I already am a girl! I don’t want to go away from school as a boy and come back as Jessie a girl.”

Mom says, “Roger, let her talk, this isn’t easy for her and she’s seeking to be open with us.”

I say, “Dad, I know this isn’t easy on you or our family either, but I can’t change who I am. Even if I could, I no longer would want to. I want to be able to tell people on my terms and not have them finding out another way. I especially do not want people hearing it from those who won’t accept it.”

Dad is the one with tears in his eyes; I think he’s partly a man who is hurt and angry. But I also know there’s the neat Dad who tries to be supportive. I know he still loves me. ‘Please God, I want him to be on my side.’

“Mom, I would like it if you’d be in with me during my visit with Dr. Hunt.” Mom smiles as I ask, “Mom can I go as Jessie?”

Dad speaks up, “Would it be okay with you if I would be there as well?”

I pause to think, ‘It’s not that Dad isn’t invited he just has never been there. “Yes and no Dad, I’d like for you to be there, especially if it’s to help me through. But no, I don’t want you there causing me trouble.”

Dad Says, “I can’t say, I’ll say yes to everything the way you want, but I will be supportive.” Dad looks to Mom with a warm smile on his face. The fact that it isn’t a forced smile is encouraging.

We talked about another hour and before we stopped Dad tearfully said, “I’m sorry, I don’t know why this is so hard for me. I still have Rob as a son and I know inside you’ve become Jessie. …But you said you’re Jeff and Jessie… I guess I’ve been rooting for Jeff to remain visible.” By now Mom was on one side of Dad and I was on the other and we were consoling him. Soon Dad is back to his joking self.

Dad leave before Mom and Mom consoles me, telling me, “Your father already knows Jessie is the stronger part of you. I am sure he will be supportive. If he wouldn’t be, he won’t be there.”

^..^~

Luke is cordially saying hi to me, but he doesn’t come close enough to really talk. I sit away from others at lunch. Like I hoped Andy Niles comes over asking, “Do you want to be alone or could I sit and eat lunch with you?” He sat down and spoke again, “I hope you are not staying away from your friend Tami to get back in good graces with Luke.”

I hadn’t thought of it being perceived like that. “No,” I say, “I plan to be studying with Tami after school.”

Andy asks, “She knows about you as Jessie, doesn’t she?” I looked at Andy not sure what to say, other than confirming his thoughts.

“Can I trust you,” I ask? Andy nods his head yes. “Why are you choosing now to become a better friend? I’m sorry that sounded bad. I’m glad you’re a friend but I do wonder?”

Andy says, “You don’t remember what you did for me two years ago, do you? I had an accident in getting to the bathroom and then the next day I was stuttering again when some guys were making fun of me. I was worried I might wet my pants again as they blocked me. You helped me, when it wasn’t very popular to do so. Neither Dan Roberts or Ian were there like that though we’ve remained close.”

Andy continues, “I understand a little bit from what I read that most guys like you at our age are either in denial or are so afraid they keep things a secret. If that’s true you have more courage than the average person our age, including me.”

“Aren’t you afraid to be around me,” I ask, “if it becomes known I see myself as a girl?”

He says, “I talked to Tami; I guess if she or your neighbor Margaret aren’t afraid. I’ll try to be a friend too.” Andy starts to laugh, “Tami said, I might want to date you once I see how pretty you are as Jessie. I don’t plan to go that far.”

I was walking with Tami to her house after school, when she asks, “So what’s changed, you didn’t eat with us at lunch and your attitude is different somehow? …I wonder if anyone other than April and I realized you’re wearing panties today.” I hadn’t thought they would be noticeable. When we reached her house, she again asks, “So what gives?”

I ask, “How did you know I’m wearing panties?” She traces the line of the panty at the top of my legs. “That could be underpants.”

She says, “There’s a difference.”

Today she pulls me upstairs t her bedroom, “Sit there and I’ll change in the bathroom. Now talk and quit being so quiet and guarded.”

I say, “Andrew knows about me and says he’s talked to you. He’s wanting to be one of my close friends. …I didn’t tell him I’m getting more certain about being Jessie and coming out. He seems to think he could handle the heat of being my friend if you and April can.”

Tami says, “It sounds like he thinks he owes you. He said he wouldn’t say anything when I asked.” Tami put on a snug pair of jeans and was buttoning her blouse as she came back out. She lightly freshened her lipstick from school and then lightly did my lips before we went downstairs to study.

“I want to study for our math test tomorrow, but we can take time to talk,” she says. “There must be something big that you plan to talk to your counselor about tonight.” She pauses, “You don’t have to share if you don’t trust me.”

“It’s not that I don’t trust you,” inadvertently I begin to open up, “I plan to talk to my doctor about telling people before the school year ends that I’m Jessie. That I plan to be Jessie this summer and plan to come back to school next year as Jessie.” I watch for Tami’s reaction and while being quiet for her is different, I’m not sure what she’s thinking.

I ask, “What do you think people will say if I do that?”

Tami is still quiet, he sister coming home from high school, breaks the quiet. Jennifer notices the silence and asks, “What were you two doing that you became quiet as I came in?”

Tami says, “People think Jeff’s becoming more like a girl.”

Jennifer giggles, “I can’t believe that surprises you. You’ve gone out of your way to get him comfortable being girly.” Tami blurts back in protest, “I do not; we always do that discretely when we’re alone.” Jennifer taunts back, “In your dreams.”

Jessie, “Yes, she’s helped me but I’m not innocently following her. Without her and my sister, I’d probably still be a girl wannabe.”

Jennifer says, “You mean, you’ve been doing this more intentionally than I thought?”

I say, “I haven’t been all the time, but as time passed, yes. I now see myself more and more as Jessie and you have helped me too. Please don’t say anything to others for now.”

“I need to be home by five; if you don’t mind we need to study” Jennifer was silent but she continued to watch Jessie for a while and even ran her fingers through Jeff’s hair once.

“It definitely feels like a girl’s head of hair.”

Home before five Jeff quickly showered and quickly Jessie was emerging. Jessie had by now become more proficient in drying and brushing out her hair into a number of styles. Her hair has become shoulder length. If Jessie wasn't to become visible, the hair would need to be cut back noticeably. Even now her Mom planned to trim it back tonight.

Jessie had picked out a nice skirt that flare out after snuggling the top of her hips. The ruffled blouse was casual and gave her a nice very feminine look. Her makeup is light giving her the cheerful look of a young teen. Mom was home to take her to the appointment with Dr. Hunt. Dad is to meet them there and was in fact waiting to go in with them when they arrived. Dad seemed in a good mood as his hand lightly embrace Jessie once they were in the reception area of the office.

^..^~

Instead of the nurse calling Jessie back; Dr. Hunt came out and asked, “Jessie, would you like your parents to come back with you?”

Jessie said, “I hope I will have some time with you but yes, I want us to visit with you about me.”

Dr. Hunt was especially pleased to see my Dad there. Even more so when I brought up the desire to make it known I planned to be Jessie during the summer. With the intent to go back to school transitioning as Jessie as a student at school.

Dr. Hunt quickly agreed she would call the school to arrange a meeting of us with the school principal, school counselor and my home room teacher.

We would be meeting again in a week, to formalize our visit with the school representatives. When Dr. Hunt and I met alone she was encouraging, but straight forward that it would not all be easy. “I would not be having you do this, this early except I agree that Jessie is emerging strongly and quickly. Others coming to know about you is quite likely. I agree it will be better with you being open about it.”

“It might play havoc with how you perform academically as you end the school year. The distractions caused by you coming out could make it hard to concentrate on studying and final tests. “

II agree it would be good for you to be in one of our groups as you move forward. Doing so could be harder than you expect. Many people in the group will have empathy for what you’ll experience.”

I asked, “Do you think I am mature enough to handle it well?”

She said, “Yes, I do and I’m pretty sure you will come through this fine in the long run. Through this experience you will come to know yourself and get in touch with your feelings more fully. I believe being Jessie will involve more than you can imagine at this moment.”

I ask, “I’ll continue to be able to hold onto being Jeff as well won’t I?”

Dr. Beth says, “That is a good question. It will be your decision how he will still be part of you in the future. He has done a good job in getting you to this point in your life.”


^..^~

Mom had left for home before I was done visiting with Dr. Hunt. Dad said, “Your mother thought it would be good for us to have a father-daughter time before we get home. We can either do so as we ride home or we could stop somewhere and get a bite to eat, it’s up to you?”

I said, “Dad if you’re comfortable it might be nice to eat dinner together someplace.” Dad stopped at a nice out of the way place, saying he had come here now and then with clients. It is a nice restaurant and I soon realized Mrs. Freed, one of the co-owners, knew my Dad well.

“Roger, it is nice to see you tonight. This young lady seems a little young to be one of your clients. She looks enough like your wife Terri that I am assuming she is somehow related?”

Dad tells her, “This is my youngest daughter Jessica?” Mrs. Freed tries to hide her surprise, but seeming Dad has told her about his family and remembers.

I try to cover for him, saying, “I’m a foster child.” But Dad stops me, “Mrs. Freed, if you’d seat us I’ll explain; she is my daughter.” Dad hugged me as he said it and I felt all warm inside that Dad was not embarrassed of me.

“Mrs. Freed, you have heard me talk of Jeff, but what we hadn’t known until recently is that Jeff is really our daughter. If you are alright with that you’ll be seeing more of us. If not we’d just like a quiet meal tonight or we could be on our way.”

Mrs. Freed shakes her head, “I can’t see much of your son there, how long have she been transitioning?”

I speak up, “I won’t technically begin transitioning until this summer, but thank you for the compliment and treating me so nicely.”

She says, “Would one of our nice tables around the fountain be okay or would you like to be off to the side?” Dad looks to me for which one I would want. A table around the fountain would be special and the muffled sound of the fountain would even be ideal for visiting.

Mrs. Freed is smiling but she is also a bit hesitant, like she wants to say more. I smile at her and she seems to relax. “Jessica is there a special occasion for you to be out with your father tonight?”

I am sure I am glowing at this point; “My Mom thought it would be a good time for us to have a nice father-daughter time. My Father knew this would be a nice place to bring me. I just hope I don’t look a fright as I wasn’t planning on a nice night out for dinner.”

Mrs. Freed says, “You look very nice, but follow me as I know every woman would like the opportunity to freshen herself after a long day.” I followed her to the women’s room which is very nicely kept. It was helpful for a number of reasons.

The waitress waited until I was back at the table to come back to our table. She took my order for a raspberry tea and had already brought a water with lemon. She was a college student from the nearby university. I was pleased when she gave me a compliment on my outfit and appearance.

“Jessica, I was impressed with how you spoke up and articulated what you wanted to say to Dr. Hunt. Do you agree that you seemed to be more focused? As Jeff, you were already a good capable student but not always on the honor roll. Your Mom says most of your exam grades and special reports are now consistently A work.”

I say, “Yes Dad, but Dr. Hunt is saying things could be different if I get distracted from those things as I announce who I am.”

Dad puts his hand over mine in a reassuring way, “I am not worried so much about your grades right now. If this is healthier for you in the long run and you are a happier person that would be what is important.” Dad’s expression changes, “I can’t promise I’ll always be understanding, I find some of this hard on me. If I ever lose control and become angry with things for a moment, please be patient with me. I’ve liked having a son and well this is not easy… I don’t think I have trouble embracing you, but I… I’m going to miss Jeff if he’s not around and visible.” Dad’s eyes tear, but he isn’t crying.

Dad soon regained his composure and began joking, changing the conversation to lighter topics.

When we were leaving, Mrs. Freed came and gave me a picture she had taken of me and my father. She also gave me a rose, she said it was from their flower garden. I thanked her for being very nice to me. She gave me a hug saying, “I hope you have a lot of joy growing into the woman you’re becoming. Come often and always ask for me: I want to see how you are doing.”

^..^~

Dad compliments me, “You do very well in meeting people and I am taken with the manners that you have as Jessie.” I too had noticed that as Jessie, I was much more aware of the people around me and visiting with them.

When we got home Mom had a long visit with us as she was happy that we took our time and had a good father/daughter visit. Mom told me, “You should feel honored as Mrs. Freed is a nice woman but does not always warm up to people. I think she sees your father as another son and sees me as the daughter-in-law not good enough for her golden boy.” We all laughed. Dad said it was probably because he had gone there for work well over a year before he had taken mom.

Mom later told me she wasn’t surprised like I was about Dad. She knew Dad wanted a time to be with me and to show that he cared for me as Jessie.” Mom told me even she wasn’t sure of my coming out before school ends for the summer. “I can tell by your emotions and feelings for others have matured that this is the right thing to be doing.”

^..^~

The school insisted if I am to make it public that I am transgendered with their help it needed to be at least a week before exams. That meant I needed to do it soon. It was three days later that my parents got a phone call and then a personal visit from Caroline Coulter, Max’s Mom and a Board and Staff member of the county’s LGBT Commission.

Caroline was welcomed into the house and I was asked to meet with her along with my parents. Caroline began by saying, “Jessie you should first of all know how proud and happy I am for you. I do however feel a need to warn you that the coming days might be more difficult than expected. Some in the LGBT community are experiencing a degree of acceptance. An there is now a division: some say you should just come out as a gay person and not make it a bigger issue and while there are those of us who will be supportive there are still others who say it is the transgendered community that needs to step forward and take the lead in being supportive for you. They shouldn’t have to risk the acceptance they’ve won.”

She said, “Some from the straight community, who say they’re friends of yours and the family, have called me. They’re afraid of backlash against their own sons and daughters if they are seen as being close friends of Jessie’s.” It was difficult time and filled with emotions, especially for Jessie.

Mom Preston and Rachel lost most of their appetite tonight and Jessie went and stayed in her room refusing to eat at all. Jessie had called and text Tami, and then April, Margaret. The only response she got was a short text from Tami late. Her mother told her to wait and see how others react.

Jessie text a message back to her, “I will be at school tomorrow in my designer jeans, blouse and boots. They can decide if they want to call me Jeff or Jessie. I won’t ask for special consideration, but I am not stepping back!” Your friend, Jessie Preston

Jessie also sent the text to her sister and waited. Rachel was soon upstairs knocking at her door. “Jessie, I don’t know if you should be doing this.” Rachel was soon in the room hugging Jessie. “You know it’s arranged for Monday of next week. Others might not like you changing plans at this point. I don’t know if Mom and Dad will allow you to do it.”

Jeff had been in boy mode, but is now totally Jessie. Jessie points to the clothes out for tomorrow. “I don’t plan to go behind Mom and Dad’s back. I am not planning on announcing anything, I’m just going to school. People can decide to be my friends or not. I won’t ask anything of them. I very well know how hard it will be for me. I won’t be judging those who don’t want to get caught up in this... I am tired of hiding. It seems to create problems if we make it special. I think I should just be me.” Jessie says, “All I hope is they will let me finish my exams and finish seventh grade.”

Rachel asked permission to tell Mom and Dad what was being planned. Mom was soon up to visit. She had already spoken to Dr. Hunt. There were tears in Mom’s eyes as she came into the room and hugged Jessie, “I love you very much young lady. I think I know how you feel, I’m hurting for you too as is your Father. We both want to be here for you. I don’t want to talk you out of it, but I thought maybe you and I should talk first.”

“Mom, if you don’t mind; this is what I plan to wear tomorrow. I’m afraid by waiting people will feel pressed to act like someone else wants. The idea of announcing it sounded like a good idea. Now I don’t think so, Mom. Unless you forbid me, I want to go to school dressed in this pair of designer jeans, a blouse shirt, boots and mine, Jessie’s under garments. People can call me Jeff or Jessie and I plan to take it one day at a time.”

Jessie was surprised as she expected her Mom to say, ‘No!’ or to forcefully try to get her to change her mind. Instead she said, “Honey, I think we’ll respect your wishes if you still want to do that in the morning. I ask you to sleep on your decision and your Dad and I will also decide as your parents in the morning.”

^..^~

Mom awoke early and was in Jessie’s room shortly after she was out of bed. “Jessie hear me out. We’re going to ask that you wait one day to go to school as Jessie. I would like you to take my note to the Principal that you’ll be coming to school tomorrow as Jessie. Whether they agree or not, you’ll have our permission and blessing. The idea of wearing designer jeans and a blouse you call a shirt would be good. Even if they object at first you will be seen as being in compliance with school regulations. I don’t think they’ll be able to stop you even if they would want to.”

Jess looks up to her Mom, “Thanks Mom, I don’t look forward to waiting another day. I’m so anxious, but it’s a good idea. I want to do it but with your support and I’d rather I succeed at it.”

Jess changed her plans and went to school as Jeff with a few modifications: one pair of earrings would be girly, he’s wear some mascara and have his toenails painted up. He text Tami letting her know he was delaying one day to go to school as Jessie.

^..^~

Tami asked to know when he was going to school. He thought Tami would still be told to stay away from him, so he was surprised on his way to school that Tami and April were waiting to walk with him. April looked at Jeff’s feet as he’s wearing sandals. “I thought you were waiting until tomorrow to come out?”

His reply was as his reply would be all day to others, “It’s me.” When people asked more he said, “It’s me, you’ll see.”

Like he expected Luke was watching Jeff from a distance before coming up to say hello. Andy too came over with Dan Roberts and Ian Davis following him. Miles Schmidt also came over to complete their pack of six. It was often Jeff who was without a girl with him, but today he and Tami were holding hands.

Miles asked as he looked to Tami, “So you like his girl look?”

Tami said, “Something like that.” He then turned to Jeff, “Is the rumor true that Monday there’s going to be a special announcement or assembly that you or someone is coming out?”

Jeff said, “Don’t announce it, but that’s off. I will just be coming as Jessie.”

Miles smiled, “That’s cute and you who didn’t like his sister calling him Jeffie will be Jessie.” Miles paused before speaking again, “This must have been coming on before you matched up with Tami. I can’t see your parents going along with this unless it was already you. I can’t say I’m comfortable with one of the Pack of Six being a girl. I guess that will be my adjustment if you still hang out with us.”

Dan spoke up, “I hope you have the ability to pass well as a girl.” Tami quickly said, “He does.” April nodded quickly confirmed it. Dan replies, “So you’ve seen Jeff out as a girl?”

April spoke up, “You’ll see Jessie is a girl in her own right. But remember you can’t date her until she’s fifteen.”

Dan says and others echo behind him, “Don’t worry there is no danger of that.”

Tami says, “You haven’t see her yet you might be surprised.” Jeff was not embarrassed at what she said just a bit uncomfortable being the focus of the talk. He excused himself and took his note to Principal Lawrence.

Principal Lawrence took the note and balled it up after he read it, “Well then our reply to you and your parents is, No! You will have to wait until the new school year.”

“Respectfully sir that isn’t going to happen.” Jeff calmly turned to leave the room, but Mr. Lawrence told him to stop.

“You know you will be in trouble coming dressed as a girl without just cause. Your Dr. Hunt didn’t formally present a document to identify you as being a transsexual or transgender. I will want an official paper that I can take to the school board. I’m sure they will take their time in giving their approval.”

Jeff was growing angrier by the minute, but after last night he was ready to hold his temper. He again began to turn as he left, “I would ask you to take my balled up note and put it into whatever file or folder you have on me. My parents made a copy.” The later was not true, but Principal Lawrence didn’t know that.

Jeff had previously decided, whether Jeff or Jessie today he’d be strong, no tears. It wasn’t until third class that some people noticed his toes. It wasn’t until after lunch that Greg, one of his eighth grade adversaries came up to give him trouble. “You know pretty boy, I have a notion to yank one of those pretty earrings out of your ear?”

Jeff spoke up, “You know if you want to wear one of my earrings all you need do is to ask.” Several people around them heard Jeff’s reply, they stopped and were watching to see what would happen. Frustrated Greg threw a punch that Jeff was able to avoid the brunt force of. When Jeff raised his hands to indicate he wasn’t hitting back; he also raised a knee into Greg.

Greg was soon bending over as Jeff walked onto his next class. Miles and Andy were with him by then as was Tami. Tami and Andy were in that class with him.

Come the end of the school day Miles was with Tami, April and Jeff as they walked home. Miles said he and the others would be available if needed. All four went to Tami’s house to talk more. Tami and April were willing to transform Jeff into Jessie for Miles to see, but Jeff said no. He did share that it would be tomorrow, Friday, that he’d be coming to school as Jessie dressed as Jessie.

Miles said, “You should have told us at school. Andy was considering cross dressing when you do that. I can call him if you want.” Tami spoke up, “I’ll wear a pair of boy’s jeans and a boy’s shirt, but I’m going to be wearing a bra.”

Jeff smiled, “I’ll be wearing one too, I don’t think the school code says anything about underwear.” April and Miles were surprised that Tami and Jeff really did study as they said they did.

Jeff’s Mom and Dad were upset hearing about Principal Lawrence. “We will support you tomorrow going as Jessie. You will also have a couple of notes from us. He better not do anything stupid or try to hurt you.” Mom said, “I’m taking tomorrow off from work. I will be here if you need me or anyone gives you trouble.”

Not that Jess wasn’t a bit anxious, but apart from studying she was preparing to put her best face forward. Her makeup would be appropriate for school and both her toes and fingernails received attention and a pretty coat of rose pink polish. Though Jessie is more comfortable in a skirt or dress; she would stick to her original plan. She tried on several pairs of designer jeans before she and Rachel agreed on the one she would wear.

Her Mom had purchased before she got home a nice shirt blouse; it looked like a boy’s light yellow dress shirt with subtle differences giving it a feminine touch. Jessie and Rachel both agreed it was the most appropriate and nice looking blouse for tomorrow.

^..^~

Come morning Jessie enjoyed step by step getting ready for school. She felt like a girl in the shower as the water cascaded over her. She enjoyed shampooing her hair and rinsing out the conditioner and feeling a lush head of hair that would let her look her beautiful girl self. It would be a simple ponytail but with the front swept down and across the front. The ponytail bouncy and an extra curl made her extremely happy. Putting on a new pair of bikini briefs was new and she liked the feel of that and her jeans snuggly coming up my legs and over my hips and buns. The pastel yellow bra went well with the yellow blouse.

She did have a little trouble with makeup as she was too excited, making her hands unsteady at first. Rachel came up, “Remember it needs to be subtle for school. You’re a girl Jessie but some might call you Jeff. Teachers might be under orders to refer to you as Jeff. You can ask them to call you Jessie. Try not to win a battle at the cost of losing a teacher’s ultimate respect.”

Jessie tells her, “I wish the high school weren’t half way across town. I feel so much better when you’re around.” Rachel gave a hug, whispering, “I’m here for you and today you have Mom at home to be of help if needed. Remember, I’m one of many who love you.” Rachel steps back and looks at Jessie and then smiles even more, “Even in jeans you make an awesome girl.”

Jessie looks in the mirror and says, “I just look like the average girl.”

Rachel asks, “Will you acknowledge you are a pretty girl?” She nods in acceptance. Rachel says, “And you don’t think that is awesome for Jeff the first day he’s going to school as Jessie?”

Jessie slips into a pair of ankle boots with two inch heels. She turns and admires the look in the mirror. Rachel whispers, “You like what you see, don’t you?”

Jessie loads up a small purse with a shoulder strap and goes downstairs to eat with Rachel and Rob. Mom hands her a plate with a pancake and bacon. Jessie looks at Rob’s plate and then at Rachel’s. She would like three pancakes like Rob has, but Rachel has one like her. Rachel asks Mom, “Would it be okay if Jessie and I split another pancake between us?”

Mom lightly laughs, “If you will remind your little sister not to drown her plate in syrup.”

Jessie walked to school though Mom and Rach had both offered rides. Tami was to meet her at the corner to walk to school. There was another girl waiting along with April. The closer she got she recognized it wasn’t a girl but some guy dressed as one. Tami was dressed as a boy like she said she would but no boy looked that good. Finally she recognized Andy as Andy said, “I have a new found respect for the other half of the world.”

Jessie asked, “Are you liking the change or finding it a hassle?” She could tell by his look Andy wasn’t ready for the question; he seemed puzzled in thought. He had chosen to wear a skirt, blouse and even a bra and pantyhose. It was apparent he had nicked his legs a couple of times shaving.

She complimented him, “You look nice as a girl. Are you sure you haven’t done this before? And by the way, what’s your name?”

Andy says, “You couldn’t tell by my legs I’m not use to this?” There was a pause for him to tell his girl name. Tami made an S type hissing sound. Finally Andy said, “Sandy.”

Tami said, “It fits him and his look.” We walked to school and Tami quietly asked me, “Do you think it would be alright if we help him with his makeup?”

“I think he is the kind of boy who could enjoy your attention.” April took Andy into the school and one of the girl’s restrooms as soon as they got there. They came out laughing when she was done correcting his makeup. Miles had arrived in between and did not recognize Andy when she first came back out. Miles shook his head looking around at Tami and April dressed as boys. And Andy dressed as a girl and to him coming to school the first time as Jessie.

Tami nudged me and encouraged me to look around. There were quickly three other girls she saw dressed as boys and at least that many boys dressed as girls. Tom Smith, one of them spoke up, “My sister along with some others in sixth grade are also dressed up. It’s not like I understand, but I know you’re a good guy and I don’t think you should be hassled… Well guy is not… probably… well you know what I mean.”

I smile and say, “Thanks,” then holding back a giggle, “You’re a good girl… well you know what I mean.”

Tami said, “Wow, Tom you also make an attractive girl.”

Tom remarked, “I’d rather find a girl attracted to me as Tom.”

“I know a girl in sixth grade you should talk to,” said Tami.

Tom asked, “What does she look like or shouldn’t I ask?

Tami says, “It shouldn’t have been your first question.” She paused, “Pretty, maybe prettier than you deserve.”

The first bell rang and we’re free to go inside. I walk passed Mr. Lawrence and I’m sure he didn’t recognize me. I went to the nurse’s office and asked, “Can I use the toilet area to freshen up?”

The Nurse began to ask why I wasn’t using the girls’ restroom, when she recognized me.

She said, “After you do, please go to the Principal’s office, he’s looking for you.”


To be continued…

up
215 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The principal is being a true

The principal is being a true butt head in all this. I do believe he feels Jeff is just going to look like a boy in drag and not as Jessie really is. Boy or should I say Girl, is he going to be surprised. I also do not like his stall tactics, as he is simply showing his true colors of being a tad bit on the anti-TG/TS side of things.
Hopefully he will wake up and come to the party so to speak regarding Jessie and I also believe that all the other kids who are supporting Jessie by their dressing in opposite gender clothing will do wonders to change a lot of minds. If only it were so easy Yes?

If only it were so easy...

...Very true, but it isn't. I think that is why other people being supportive is crucial. It is not just in the LGBT community, how many people would be better served by support instead of critics?

Even when a handful step up here and there there are so many more who don't. Read on...

Hugs, Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Tg Comunity

Renee_Heart2's picture

Unfortunately the Tg Comunity doesn't support others like it should I've seen it first hand... most are just involved in their own little wored no one else matters... However in Jessie's case I think she has one school board member on her side (I may be mistaken Max's mom I know she's the LGBT Comunity leader in Jessie's town) the principal MAY be looking for another job BEFORE the end of the school year.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Glad that few or many are

Glad that few or many are doing the opposite dressing to support Jessie. I hope this will buffer any reaction from the principal if he even know how to react fairly with all those support.

Now it starts heading for the fan

Renee_Heart2's picture

I'm sure the principal will NOT be happy & a phone call to Dr. Hunt, lawyers & a few other people may be in order & I'm sure mom is already on the phone to Dr. Hunt. Besides if he punishes Jessie he will have to punish half the school & if I read him right he will THINK she orcstraded the cross dressing of students when she didn't others may have but Jessie had no part in it. Personally I applaud her for doing what she thought was right for her to do but even with a letter from Dr. Hunt I'm sure the principal would just ball it up & throw it away like he did with the note from Jessie's parents.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Thanks for both comments...

...Our community is human too. The temptation of taking care of oneself; playing it safe and hoping someone else will step up is problematic. Sometimes when I have stepped forward, I was in and involved before I realize it. Ha me a social activist. It was the right thing to do, but I can't say my eyes were wide open.

A bunch of hugs to you Renee from Jessie

Jessica E. Connors

Jessica Connors

Cought in the act part 13

It is going to get Instrasting from here on out

Girls rule

Cought in the act part 13

There are a lot of people in Jessie's corner