Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 1: Chapter 10

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 1: “De La Plata Podrido.”

Chapter 10: “The Trucker And The Blade.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

A few days later, after the day that Lee met three Revys at once, it was late morning as Lee was walking back to the Devil's Hotel. Lee had decided he needed some exercise, and so he walked to the Rats Nest, that day. With him planning to walk back to the Devil's Hotel, later that afternoon.

Earlier that morning, Lee had missed Sam at the hotel lobby that morning, and he thought that Sam had gone ahead of him, to the Rats Nest. But, when Lee got to the bar, he found out, from the bartender, that Sam had left a message.

The message being that something had come up, and he would be busy for that day. So, as hot as the Rats Nest bartender was, there was real no point in staying at the Rats Nest. And Lee started walking back to the Rats Nest, so he could get to his car, and look for something else to do for that day.

As Lee walked down the sidewalk, with the two lane road to his right side, he grimly thought, 'This is becoming a bad habit with, Sam. And Sam never struck me as the type of guy that would let a woman pussy-whip him. I guess I was wrong... I may have to adjust my plans for a possible situation of Sam no longer providing me cover... Though, I have to admit the, those two guys, shtick is starting to wear thin on everyone, including myself.'

While Lee continued walking, a large semi-tractor trailer truck, carrying a cargo trailer behind it, pulled up beside him, against the curb, with the left driver's side of the truck by Lee.

Lee stopped walking at he turned to the truck. He thought, 'This truck parked on the wrong side of the road, by me. The driver must want something from me. And I am just bored enough to find out what that is.'

Lee then heard a woman's voice say from above him, and to his right side, in english, “Hey you! I am looking for directions!”

Lee looked up, and he saw that it was middle-aged, fair skinned woman, with short blond hair. He inquired, “Okay. Where do you need to go?”

The woman answered, “The Devil's Hotel and Resort.”

Lee thought, 'I believe I have had enough exercise for today. I did not plan on walking so much, this morning. But instead, walk them morning and then later this afternoon. Maybe, I can get her to give me a lift, in exchange for direction.'

Lee offered, “I am heading there myself. Give me a lift, and I will show you where to go.”

The woman replied, “Sure.”

After Lee walked around to the passenger side. He opened the passenger side door, and climb into the passenger side. He then sat down in the seat, and closed the door. After which, Lee turned to his left to what woman trucker looked like.

Lee saw that the woman was a strong woman, in her mid-thirties. Though, strong in the muscular, heavy set way. Lee did not see any fat on her, at all.

The woman wore a red jacket over a green bodice. Under the bodice was black shirt, blue pants, and brown boots. Over the bodice, but under the jacket, she wore a black belt around her waist, and a black coat with red trimmings.

The woman also wore a black newsboy cap on the top of her head, and a necklace, with a small purple pendent around her throat.

Lee thought, 'She looks familiar, but I cannot place her.'

Lee introduced himself, “Hello. I am J.D. Lee.”

The woman replied, “Name's V.T.”

Though he did not show any reaction outward, as he screamed in his mind, 'V.T. As in Victoria Terpsichore. As in Cowboy Bebop V.T.?! How?! Oh yea. Reality Express at the beginning of book three of my stories.'

Lee forced himself to calm down, as he mentally reflected, 'If I remember correctly, I left it to where she would join that organization of reality traveling freight service, that was started by Little Dargo Crichton and Yuuichi Shinmyou, after the two of them reached adulthood.'

'At least V.T. is sane. And I have a woman to talk to that will not bite my head off, unless I deserve it. Also, she does not look that much older. She likely only has been working at her new job for a few years after what I wrote of her, in book three of my stories. Unlike most of those that are after me, whom don't look it. And in many cases don't act like it. But, whom are decades older than V.T.'

'Though, if I was counting time loop, I am kind of getting up there in years myself. And I don't exactly act, or look like a many in my fifties.'

Lee then realized something, as he continued his thoughts, 'Wait a minute, how and why is the hotel getting reality delivery service? Maybe the hotel really is the Devil's Hotel. And that manager might be...'

Lee then realized what he was thinking, as he caught himself in thought, 'Best not to think in that direction, especially since the manager can read thoughts and emotions. And he has at least some control of time, space, and reality.'

'And speaking of directions. I need to give V.T. some.'

Lee turned in front of him. He quickly got his bearings, as he stated, “To get to the hotel, you need to take this road for another block, then take a left. Then, there are a few more turns, then, you meet one of the main north-south roads of the island. All in all, it is a few miles from here. We should be there in a few minutes.”

V.T. replied, “Thanks.” She then started up her rig, and drove down the street, with her immediately directing her truck back onto the right side of the road.

Meanwhile, Lee took another look at V.T. as he thought, 'To be honest, V.T. is gruff around the edges, but she is nice, as long as one is nice to her. So, it could not hurt to ask.'

Lee offered, “Say, V.T. Have you been to the island before?”

V.T. kept her eyes on the road, as she answered, “No.”

Lee stated, “Well, the restaurant in the hotel we are heading to makes a good lunch. And I was would you like some lunch. My treat.”

At the moment, they came to a stop sign, as V.T. brought her truck to a halt, she looked over at Lee, and sized him up.

As she looked back at the road in front of her, and started her truck back up into gear. She cracked a smile, as she said, “Sure. I could use some lunch. After I get my cargo unloaded.”

Lee looked at the road in front of them, as he replied, “I can wait.”

V.T. happily complimented, “I admire a patient men, J.D.”

Lee kindly said, “Thank you, V.T. And I prefer to go by Lee.”

V.T. responded, “Well, you're welcome, Lee.”

They then continued down the road.

(_)

Forty minutes later, it was not yet noon, as V.T. finished delivering her cargo. Lee even had the opportunity to see the back rooms of the hotel, as V.T. did so. Though, these were parts of the hotel that Lee did explored during the time loop, because he could access them easily, without any lock picking. But, it was still an interesting experience, as he watched a professional trucker driver deliver her cargo, and learned how she did so.

When they were finished, V.T and Lee got back into V.T.'s truck, and she drove them to another area of the outer parking lot.

After parking, V.T. left the truck to idle, and Lee lead them into the front door to the lobby.

As they passed through the lobby, Lee noted that Revy, Rock, and the others were nowhere in sight.

Lee thought, 'Good. They are not here. Maybe they are watching a movie. Or, even screwing each other. I don't care at the moment. Also, it is to early for them to be going to lunch. So, I should not have much to worry about them showing up.'

Lee turned to V.T., as he stated, “This way to the restaurant hotel.”

Less than a minute later, Lee lead V.T. into the hotel restaurant. Given it was not yet lunch rush, Lee saw that, along with V.T. and himself, the only people in the room were Melvin, two waitresses, and a few other customers.

Lee then lead V.T. table, in the center of the room, to a small, round, four chair table, which was away from the rest of the customers.

A few seconds, after they sat down in chairs, across from each other, at the small table, Melvin personal came to take their orders.

The two sitting adults looked up at Melvin. V.T. faced the entrance doors, with Melvin to her right side. While Lee's back was to the entrance doors, with Melvin to his left side.

Lee said, “Hi Melvin.

Melvin replied, “Hi Lee.”

Lee stated, “This lady beside me is, V.T.”

Melvin turned to V.T., as he said, “Nice to meet you, V.T.”

V.T. replied, “Likewise, Melvin.”

Melvin then handed them their menus. Lee and V.T. took their menus.

Melvin then inquired, “So, what can I get you two to eat for lunch?”

Lee stayed quiet, as he held his menu closed. He was silent for several seconds, as V.T. opened her menu and looked threw it.

V.T. then looked up at Melvin, as she ordered, “I will take a glass of lemonade, and a club sandwich, with chips.”

Lee stated, “I will take a cold bottle of beer, and a house salad, with ranch dressing.”

Melvin wrote down their orders, on a pad of paper and pen, in his hands. The two sitting adults then handed Melvin back the two menus, and Melvin then turned and walked away, towards the kitchen, to deliver their orders.

As Melvin walked away, V.T. and Lee turned to each other.

V.T. commented, “So Melvin, knows your name.”

Lee stated, “I believe in complimenting the help, when they deserve it. And the service at this hotel has been top notch. In exchange, they are nice to me.”

V.T. commented, “That good to know. So many people forget to treat the help with respect.”

Lee agreed, “It is sad that many people are not taught basics of manners, and civility.”

V.T. replied, “I hear that. You strike me was a man who has lived in this town for a while.”

Lee thought, 'Counting the time loop, that is an understatement.' He admitted, “Yes. I have been here a while. And you strike me as a woman that can take care of herself. And you have obviously done well for yourself.”

V.T. grinned, as she responded, “Thank you. And you are correct. Also, while you obviously know that this is not going anywhere, you are still polite and cordial.”

Lee calmly said, “Yes. I understand that. Though, I am spending lunch with a beautiful lady. And that brightens my day.”

V.T. retorted, “I am not that pretty.”

Lee stated, “I completely disagree. I admit that neither of us are spring chickens. But, beauty can also age gracefully. And you have done so, V.T.”

“Beauty comes in many forms. It is how one carries oneself. How one presents one's own positive traits. Just because you are not young and skinny, doesn't mean you are not beautiful, V.T. Personally, I like a woman with a little meat on her bones.”

“Though, what most people of my generation, and young generations, were not taught, but I learned on my own, was that the final determining factor is personality.”

“You have to be able to live with, and get along with the person you are with. And there are some women in this very hotel, that I am on a first name basis, that are hot, young women. But, I would not date them, even if you put a gun to my head. Because, they are insane and violent.”

“While you, V.T., carry yourself as a lady. Not just a woman. But, a lady whom has far greater inner strength than your outer strength. And you look very physically strong.”

V.T. smile widened, as she responded, with happiness in her tone of voice, “That is the nicest compliment I have heard about my looks, and my strength, all year.”

Lee returned V.T. smile, as he responded, “You're welcome, V.T.”

V.T. commented, “Well Lee, I think when you find that special woman, she is going to want to keep you.”

Lee joked, “I got to find her first.”

V.T. chuckled, for a few seconds.

As V.T. calmed down, Melvin returned to their drinks.

A glass of lemonade for V.T. and a cold bottle of beer for Lee.

V.T. took a sip of her drink, as Lee opened the cap from his bottle of beer, and took a sip of his own drink, as well.

A second later, both adults set their drinks down on the table.

Lee then noticed V.T.'s expression change to to slight sadness, as she let out a sigh, while she looked down at her drink, on the table.

Lee asked, with concern in his tone of voice, “What is the matter, V.T.?”

V.T. looked up at Lee. She answered, “It is my workload. It is due to both my bosses going into trouble with their families. And I am doing backlog. But, if gives double pay. In gold and riches. So, I don't really mind. Anyway, long story short, it involves something they did in their youth, involving bikini beach parties.”

Lee thought, 'She must be talking about Little D and Yuuichi. What a minute. Oh my, she is talking about when they were teenagers and snuck into the bikini beach parties. I only mentioned that at the beginning of book three...'

'Of course. The girls would learn this if they read my story. Also, it sounds like this happened recently. It is possible, she is from the past, when compared to Revy and her group, whom are here, on the island. Still, I need to know what happened to them.'

Lee calmly inquired, “Dare I ask what happened to them?”

V.T. stated, “I didn't get the full story. But, my bosses caught wind that their family and friends had learned what they did. So first, their family and friends had to catch them. Which was no easy feat.”

“And when they did finally catch them, their punishment was something about packets of something girl, and bikinis. And they were told that if they did, whatever they did, again, the family and friends said they would use the real stuff on them. Whatever that is. I have have feeling that I don't want to know.”

Lee remained calm on the outside, as he mentally translated, as he inwardly winched, 'No. You don't want to know. They used instant packets of spring of drowned girl to temporally turn the two men into women, and they then them made dress up in bikinis. Finally, they warned them if they ever did something like that again, they would use the real water from the spring of drowned girl to permanently curse them to turn into girls with cold water.'

'And if this is what they do to their own family, and friends, as revenge, I don't even want to think about what they have planned for me.'

Lee agreed, “I think you are right. I don't want to know, either.”

Just then, Melvin delivered their meals. Melvin also set down some metal utensils, wrapped in paper napkins, on the table, for them.

Lee looked up at Melvin, as he said, “Thanks, Melvin.”

Melvin replied, “No problem, Lee.” He then turned, and walked away, to attend to his other customers.

Lee looked over at V.T., as he thought, 'I have a question, on what her opinion is, on a matter dealing with her current job.' He asked, “So, why did you take this job?”

V.T. wall looking at her club sandwich and chips. Which she liked. Though, she heard what Lee had asked her. V.T. turned to Lee, as she answered, “The pay and benefits are good. The scenery changes. And my employers respect my tastes in music.”

Lee chuckled, as he nodded. He then replied, “Those are some good reasons to stay on.”

V.T. smiled, as she replied, “You got that right.”

Lee inquired, “By the way, what were you delivering?”

V.T. flatly answered, “Food.” She then picked up her club sandwich, and she took a bite of it.

Lee silently looked down at his food, as he thought, 'I am dying of cancer, anyway. There is no point in worrying.'

Lee pulled unrolled his paper napkin, to separate his metal utensils. He then picked up his fork from the top of the table, and he began eating his salad.

The two adults them continued their conversation, as they ate, and drank their drinks.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, as Lee and V.T. were finishing their lunches, Rock walked into the restaurant, as she thought, 'I might as well make sure our tables are clear, before the rest of the crew gets here in about five to ten minutes.'

Rock took came to a stop, near he front of the room, as she then saw Lee eating lunch with V.T. She could not believe her eyes, as she thought, 'That is V.T. Why the hell is she here?... Oh yea. She works for Reality Express. But, then who is she here for?... Of course, this hotel. And I have a feeling I do not want to know, why or how this hotel is ordering goods from across the multiverse.'

'Still, why is Lee with her?... Well, he is polite. Though, I will question him on the matter, in a minute, after V.T. leaves. Also, I have not met V.T. in person. So, I have no idea if she has heard of me. It is best to play it safe, and wait till she has left, before confronting Lee.'

Rock then turned to her left, and walked over to the hallway, that lead to the restaurant restrooms, where she hid, with her back to the hallway opposite to the outer all. She then focus on Lee's voice, as she used her enhanced hearing to recognize V.T. voice, while she listen in on their discussion.

(_)

At that moment, in the middle of the restaurant, at the table, where V.T. and Lee were sitting, both adults had finished their meals.

They looked up at each other, as V.T. stated, “Well, it looks like we are done.”

Lee agreed, “Yes. It does. It was nice meeting you, V.T. I hope you have a pleasant day.”

V.T. smiled, as she said, “You too, Lee. I wish all my meetings with men were as pleasant as this. If I come back here, I might look you up.”

Lee stated, “Well, if I am still around, I would be more than happy to have another meal with you, again.”

Lee saw V.T.'s smile widen a little bit, as she got up from their table. She then walked passed Lee, to his left side, as she calming walked towards the exit of the restaurant.

Lee turned his head and body, in his chair, as he silently watched V.T. leave the restaurant.

Lee thought, 'That was probably most pleasant, mature, adult meeting I have had with a woman... Ever... Now, I guess it is time to pay the bill.'

Lee got up, and walked over the bar counter.

Melvin saw him coming, as waited for him, from behind the bar counter.

When Lee got to the bar counter, across from Melvin, he pulled out a U.S. twenty dollar bill. He handed the money to Melvin, as he stated, “I think this should cover the lunch, plus the tip.”

Melvin took the money and looked at the twenty dollar bill in his right hand. He then looked up at Lee, as he said, “Yes. This should cover everything.” Melvin then walked over to the cash register, to ring up the sale.

As Lee turned to his left, to walk out of the restaurant himself, he saw Rock approaching him from the front of the room.

Lee thought, with annoyance, 'What does she want? Still, if she is here, Revy, and the others are not far behind. I think I will go to my suite, and watch some TV.'

When Rock reached Lee, both of them came to a stop, four feet from each other. Given their height difference, Rock looked up at Lee's face, while Lee looked down at Rock's face.

Rock could see that Lee's face was unreadable, as he remained silent.

Rock demanded, in a stern tone of voice, “What were you doing with woman just now?”

Lee did not show his anger on the outside, but he was furious on the inside, as he thought, 'I am not going to let anyone question my character of a such pleasant experience, as I just had. Now, even Rock, Revy, or anyone else.'

Rock noticed that Lee's body language has suddenly changed. Instead of Lee being relaxed, his body became imposing, as he looked down at her.

Lee spoke in, a polite tone of voice, which had a subtle hint of malice in his tone of voice, that Rock picked up on, “Rock, if you are wondering, I find strong, independent, sane, heterosexual women to be attractive. And V.T. is even in my age bracket. Nothing happened. I just met her coming back here to hotel. And she gave me a ride back to the hotel, in exchange for directions here. During our brief trip here, we introduced ourselves to each other, and I was able to convince her to have a nice lunch with me.”

Lee continued, with more anger evident in his tone of voice, “Is there a problem with that?”

Rock thought, 'I must have hit a nerve. And he clearly knows nothing.'

Rock stated, “No. I actually respect your tastes in women.”

Lee visibly relaxed, as Rock saw the man force himself to calm down.

Lee then replied, in a more relaxed tone of voice, “Good.”

Lee then walked passed Rock, to Rock's right side, with Lee soon exiting out of the hotel restaurant. He then headed for the front elevators bays. A few seconds later, the elevator opened.

Just as his elevator closed on the ground floor, across from the elevator he was in, two other elevators opened on the ground floor, to reveal Revy and the rest of her group exiting the elevators, as they walked toward the restaurant, to get some lunch.

Meanwhile, Lee soon made it to his suite, and watched TV for the rest of the day, as he tried to continue to come up with a plan to steal one of the small reality traveling devices from some of the more badass women in the multiverse, without getting caught.

At dinner, Lee found Sam was no where at sight, in the hotel restaurant. So, Lee ate alone, at the front right corner table of the restaurant. Soon after, it was time to meet Pedro at the Last Resort Diner.

Lee paid the bill, left a tip and headed outside to his pink car, to drive to the diner.

When Lee reached the diner and he met with Pedro, Lee did not tell Pedro anything about his meeting with V.T.

Given neither man has much to talk to about anything that happened that day. Their meeting was brief and they soon parted ways for the evening.

Lee then returned to the Devil's Hotel, headed to his suite, and turned in early, to get some good sleep.

(_)

The next morning, Lee was having breakfast alone in the hotel restaurant, at the bar counter, when he and Sam sometimes ate their meals.

While Lee now preferred to sit at the front, right corner table, he sometimes still went back to the bar counter, to set in the stool, where he sometimes sat at, as a way to break the monotony of his situation.

Unfortunately, Sam had not showed up that morning. And Sam has not given him any messages at the front desk.

Lee held his glass of orange juice in his right hand, as he took a swallow of orange juice, to wash down the food he ate from the restaurant, breakfast buffet.

Lee thought, with concern, and a bit of sadness, 'I am beginning to think that I may have to write Sam off. To think, at one point, I considered Sam a friend. A friend leaves a message. A friend gives an explanation before leaving. I should stop being so foolish. I long since learned that God made sure I would never have any friends...'

Lee then gently set his glass down on the counter, in front of him, to the right side of his plate, as he continued his thoughts, with more calmness than before, 'Still, I will do the one thing for Sam, that those in my homeland never did for me. I will give him the benefit of the doubt.'

As Lee got finished with his breakfast, from the corner of his eye, he saw Ranma, Rock, and Revy, walk by him. While they did passed by him, he overheard the part of their conversation, as Revy stated, “Take Lee for example. He is a schmuck.”

With his back turned to them, Lee lost control of his poker face, as he scowled for a full second, before he regained control of his emotions, and his face turned to a more relaxed expression.

Still, Lee's thoughts were full of anger, as he thought, 'That tears it. I know Revy is stating that insult out of ignorance. And it would be worth being shoot by her, to inform her over the truth.'

Fortunately, Lee had already paid for his buffet, and since it was self-serve, there was no point in leaving a tip for the meal.

Lee then stood up, as he turned around to face them.

Lee was less than six feet away from the badass women. And Lee could see that Revy had her cutlasses in their shoulder holsters.

The three women noticed this action by Lee, as they stopped walking. They went silent, as they turned to face Lee.

Lee inquired, in a calm, though firm tone of voice, “Revy. Do you know the real meaning to the word, schmuck?”

Revy replied, “It means, idiot. Which is what you are, sometimes.”

Lee shook his head one, as he responded, “No. The origins of the word, schmuck, is yiddish. Meaning jewish. A schmuck is the discarded penile foreskin that is removed during male jewish circumcision. To call a man, a schmuck, is a major insult to that man.”

“That insult is considered to mean, to be regarded as so vulgar as to be taboo. That is why a few, certainly not most, jewish men call non-jewish men schmucks. As a way to insult them in a major way, without the non-jewish men realizing it, since most non-jews don't know what the insult means.”

“The closest female comparison I can think of for the insult, schmuck, is the insult is the male equivalent to the female insult, cunt.”

Revy replied, with interest in her voice, “Really?”

Lee said, “Yes.”

Revy smiled, as she stated, “That is nice to nice to know. Now, I can really use that insult the way it is intended. Thanks.”

Lee replied, “You're welcome.”

As Rock and Ranma heard Revy and Lee's conversation, Rock thought, 'I wonder.' She inquired, “Lee, how did you find that out? I am fairly sure you are not jewish.”

Lee responded, “No. I am not jewish. But, I am a fan of jewish comedians. I am a Mel Brooks fan. And I still am. Anyway, he used that insult in some of his movies, and I wanted to know what the insult meant. I looked it up, and I surprised that Mister Books has such a filthy mouth. The man is the master, comedic, bullshit artist of his generation.”

Rock agreed, “Very true.”

Revy inquired, “Well, Lee. Since you are so knowledgeable about insults. I was wondering. What is the male equivalent to, bitch?”

Lee thought, with amusement, and a bit of arrogance, 'Oh well. I might as well play this game.' He casually answered, “The accepted male insult is, bastard.”

Revy, “What about, cougar?”

Lee, “That would be, sugar-daddy.”

Revy, “Babe.”

Lee, “That's an easy one. Dude.”

Revy, “Gold-digger?”

Lee, “Gigolo.”

Revy, “Slut?”

Lee, “Dickhead.”

Revy, “Dyke?”

Lee, “Fairy.”

Revy, “Motherfucker?”

Lee responded, “That insult is unisex. Think about it.”

Revy let out a laugh. She then agreed, “You're right. How do you know all this?”

Lee answered, “Among the lessons I was taught by my mother and father, to become a southern gentleman, I was taught to know insults. So, I knew when I was insulted. Though, I prefer not to use insults. Except for occasionally calling yankees, damn yankees. But, that is a culture thing. And yankees sometimes call southerners, hicks. So, it is a give and take situation.”

Lee thought, 'And that cover story, and the face did not use insults in my stories, should keep them from suspecting I am the writer. Even after this conversation.'

Revy replied, “Yep. You are right about that. Thanks again for the information. It is always fun learn how to insult people in new, and interesting, ways.”

Lee thought, 'Now, that I think about it. I better excuse myself, before I get myself into some trouble.' He calmly said, “Again, you are welcome. See you later, ladies.”

Lee then turned around, to face the front of the room. He then walked away from them, and towards the exit of the restaurant.

As the three women watched Lee walk though the exit, Ranma thought, 'That man just got into a conversation with Revy, on insults, and he walked away unharmed. He is no idiot. Though, this might mean.'

Ranma turned to Revy and Rock, as she questioned, “Given we just learned Lee's knowledge of insults, does this mean he might be the writer?”

Revy and Rock thought over Ranma's question for a few seconds.

Revy was the first to answer, as she stated, “No. Lee is not the writer. I know insults. And of the literal thousands of pages that the writer wrote about us, the writer only use insults a handful of times in his stories. Also, Lee gave a good reason why he knows the insults.”

Revy thought, 'I would have known something was up, when during that time, I didn't insult people that much with curse word. But, oh well. Cleaning my vocabulary, was probably one of the nicer things he did for me.'

Rock heard what Revy had said. She thought, with pride and love, towards her lover, 'That is one of the many reasons I love you, Revy. When you actually stop and think for a moment, you show how intelligent you really are. And I agree with you assessment of the situation.'

Rock stated, “I agree with Revy on this.'

Ranma thought about what Revy and Rock said, 'They are likely right. I have seen Lee curse in real life before, a few times. Including, right now. And even when we gave him that Mickey Finn. And all three of us regret doing that to him.'

'Still, the writer would likely not have such a dirty mouth, as Lee's in real life. Though, speaking of which. We really need do to start looking more intensely for the writer. I am sure the writer is still around. With him likely being somewhere in the hotel. We just need to find him. I will talk to Natsuru and Akira, about this, later, in private.'

Ranma replied, “Okay”

Revy looked over at Rock and Ranma, as she asked, “So, what are you guys planning to do today?”

Rock stated, “I was going to go meet with Eda and Yolanda, to see if they have gotten any leads on the writer.”

Revy looked over at Rock, as she complimented, “Good idea. I think I will join you.” She turned to Ranma, as she asked, “What about you, Ranma?”

Ranma stated, “This afternoon, I am planning to go with my lovers, and our daughters, to do some window shop around the better parts of this town.”

Revy said, “Have fun.”

Ranma replied, “Thank you.”

The three women then turned and headed for the breakfast buffet, to get something to eat and drink. Given, they had already paid for their meals, before the met Lee that morning.

(_)

At the moment, on the roof of the Devil's Hotel, Melvin was in his sweatsuit, and white tennis shoes, as he exercised, using combat techniques he had learned decades beforehand, with his combat knife firmly gripped in his right hand.

Melvin was enjoying the cool sea breeze, and the partly cloudy sky, as he exercised.

While Melvin did so, he thought back on his past. About how he wound up here, in this reality, as a bartender.

And Melvin's real adventure started, on a very interesting night, decades ago, in another reality, on a long forgotten battlefield.

(_)

In the Black Lagoon reality, during early nineteen eighties, in a mountainous region in Afghanistan, during the Soviet-Afghanistan war.

At the time, Melvin. Or more aptly, Yurick. With Yurick being his real family name. Was a Russian paratrooper, and a member of the special forces of the vozdushno-desantnye voyska.

At age twenty-two, private Yurick was one of the younger members of his military company, but he had earn his position in the special forces.

Even though Yurick had been drafted into the Soviet military, at age eighteen, he soon displayed in his natural skills and potential, in his basic training. Skills and potential, that his military superiors took notice of.

Yurick's skills were impressive. In basic training, he showed he had a natural gift for firearms, both pistol and long guns. He potential in hand to hand combat, and combat with a knife was nothing short, but incredible.

And his instructors realized that he had no fear of heights, after his first time learning how to repelled down with a rope.

During his first tour in war as a grunt, in Afghanistan, he had achieved over forty-two confirmed kills of enemy combatants. While he show unquestionable duty to his squad, and his superior officers.

Yet. Yurick showed no bloodthirsty traits. To him, it was a job, and only a job. He was just really good at killing.

The one draw back was that he was clearly a follower, in most cases. He would take orders, but he was not a natural leader.

Still, he superiors felt that he would be wasted as just grunt. And given he had no fear of heights, he was transferred from infantry to airborne.

Such transfers were rare, but not unheard of.

And after he finished his advanced training, he was reassigned to the vozdushno-desantnye voyska company, under the command of the captain, whom her men had nickname, Balalaika, for her skills as a sharpshooter, with the Dragunov snipe rifle.

As the Dragunov sniper rifle was sometimes being called, Balalaika.

Currently, it was a clear night, during a hunter moons. And almost everything that could go wrong, for their company, did go wrong that night.

First, they were ordered to parachute in during a clear night when it was a full moon. Next, they were all suppose to land in an elevated rise, near the bottom of the valley. But, the constantly shifting winds of the mountains and valleys behind them, caused their company to be scattered, and land across the mountains and valley near their landing location.

Also, the intelligence they were given was bad. They parachuted around a large group of Afgan rebels, whom were on the move, using the night as cover for themselves.

And, worst of all, given the hunters moon, for the most part, allowed everyone to see each other, with the Afgan rebels having the high ground, part way up a large hill, behind some large rocks.

The Afgan rebels had pinned down most of the Russian paratrooper, whom were trapped on the valley floor, with no way to getting at the rebels.

Given the Russians had yet to get a good look at the terrain, they could not simply use mortars to get at the rebels, because there was a very real chance of an explosion creating a rock slide that would bury them in dirt and rubble.

And their Captain, whom was on the valley floor, with most of her men, preferred dealing with incoming gunfire, than having her men, and herself, buried alive.

Meanwhile, Yurick was on of the few fortunate paratroopers to get blow up the mountain the rebels were on, with him being higher than than the rebels.

After removing his parachute, Yurick was quietly making his way down the mountain, when he saw most of his company had landed, when he saw the muzzle flashes, and heard the gunfire erupting from both the side of the mountain and the valley.

From his hand held radio, strapped to his belt, he heard what was going on, and he realized that he was right above, and behind the main rebel position.

Yurick knew it was up to him to save his comrades. He turned off his radio, and quietly made his way down the mountain to where he was behind the rebels.

As Yurick crept along the mountain, towards the rebels, he saw that he standing beside outcropping of the mountain, that offered cover from above, for the Afgan rebels. While there were rocks, and a natural, small dirt berm overlooking the valley, right below the edge of the outcropping above the berm. This offered the rebels a natural pill box to shoot down at his comrades on the valley floor.

But, Yurick was standing in the back entrance of the outcropping, on the right side of the rebels. And the rebels had not seen him, as they were clearly all focused on firing at the valley below, while no guarding their flanks.

Yurick counted sixteen rebels. And he was ten feet from the closest rebels. With the rebels tightly closed together.

Yurick given the closeness of the situations, he would need to move in quick, and skillfully.

Still, as much as he wanted to, he could not just toss in a few grenades, and then move in for the kill. Much like his captain realized, he knew he could not risk using grenades, because the explosions could cause a landslide, that could bury his comrades.

He set the selector switch to his AK seventy-four to full automatic.

He also made sure this his sheathed combat knife and, holstered TT thirty-three Tokarev semi-automatic pistol, were ready for when he needed them.

Yurick the took a deep breath and let it out. Right after which, he rushed in, he was about to killed eight of the rebels, with his spray bullets from his AK seventy-four automatic rifle.

Fortunately for Yurick, the gunfire created by the rebels masked the sounds of his own gunfire, with many of the surviving rebels not realizing they were under attack, nor so close to their attacker. This allowed Yurick a few precious seconds to press his attack.

As Yurick rushed at them, he dropped his rifle, and he swiftly pulled out his pistol, in his right hand, and combat knife in his left hand.

By then, some of the rebels saw him. But, as they turned to fire one him, it was too late, as he was within melee range, as he used a combination of small arms fire, and hand to hand combat knife techniques to swiftly kill six of the eight men.

When he ran out of bullets for his pistol, he discards it. He then swapped hands with his combat knife, with his knife in his right hand, as he made short work of the last two men.

Less than a minute later, after Yurick made sure that all the rebels were dead, and there was no one else hiding. He sheathed his knife, and unhooked his radio. He then turned on his hand held radio.

Yurick stated, into his radio, in russian, “Captain Balalaika. This private Yurick. The main group of hostiles pinning you down has been dealt with.”

The Captain radioed back, “Good work, private. Hold your position. We will meet up with you after we had dealt with the rest of them.”

Yurick replied, “Yes, sir.”

Yurick them clipped his radio back to his belt. After which, he collected his pistol and rifle. Which he found were in good condition. He reloaded both weapons, holstered his pistol, and held his rifle at the ready.

An hour later, after the rest of rebels had been dealt with, Captain Balalaika, her second in command, a lieutenant, and a handful of company members escorting the both of them, entered the pill box, and the saw what private Yurick had done.

As Yurick saw his blond captain approach him, to survey the carnage, he clicked on the safety of his weapon, and held the barrel pointed upwards, in his left hand, as he stood at attention, while he saluted her with his right hand.

Balalaika came to a stop ten feet from Yurick. She smirked at the scene before her. Of a lone private, standing at attention, while be surrounded by the corpses he had just killed.

Balalaika stated, “At ease private.”

Yurick relaxed.

Balalaika calmly asked, “Private Yurick, did you did all this?”

Yurick answered, “Yes, captain.”

Balalaika complimented, “Well, it looks like we have a real blade on our hands. Good work.”

In response, Yurick just smiled.

Later, after a head count, they found that they lost three men of their company that night. But, it could have been far worse, if not for Yurick's heroic actions. And from then on, his comrades sometimes referred to private Yurick as, Yurick the Blade.

(_)

In the present, in Lee's reality, on the roof of the Devil's Hotel, Melvin stopped practicing his exercises, and he sheathed his blade, in the scabbard he kept unhidden in the back of his pants, under his shirt. He then walked back inside, to get to his suite, clean up, and professionally dress for his current, more peaceful profession. So, he could continue his bartender job later that morning.

(_)

Five minutes later, outside the entrance to the lobby of the Devil's Hotel, three fair skinned, beautiful, young women, in their mid-twenties, walked under the awning, and stood there. They looked at each other, as they talked.

All three women were slender in build, and average height for women of their ethnicity. Two of then had black hair, the other had brown hair.

One of the black haired woman wore a women's gray pantsuit, with black dress shoes. The other black haired woman wore white t-shirt, blue jeans, black leather belt, and white tennis shoes.

The brown haired woman wore a tanned colored, short sleeved blouse, with a long brown skirt, and black flat soled slippers.

The woman in the long skirt had long hair to her shoulders, while the other two women had short, feminine style hair cuts.

The woman in the blue jeans turned to the woman in the pantsuit, as she asked, in russian, “Grisha, I still don't see why I am here?”

Grisha turned to the woman in the blue jeans, as she responded, in russian, “Because, Timur, you were the one that shot the reality device in Yurick's hands, causing him to disappear into the multiverse. And the way he did so prevented us from tracking him. We are just fortunate that it took us only a year to narrow the search down to this reality, location, and time. The captain does not like it when her men... Err, soldiers go awol.”

The woman in the long skirt commented, “I don't understand is why he didn't join us. I mean we got a lot out of this.”

Grisha turned the brown haired woman, as she stated, “The reason is simple, Desya. Outside of taking orders, Yurick has always been stubborn. I guess when it came down to himself, or orders, he chose himself. Still, I don't know why you are wearing that.” She then used her right hand to put at Desya's clothing for a few seconds. She then dropped her right hand back to her side.

Desya shrugged, as she responded, “Hey, I am just enjoying the opportunity to wear a skirt. You should give it a try. It is quite comfortable to wear. My legs don't feel so constrained and overheated like one sometimes feels when wearing pants.”

Grisha replied, “I will take your word for that.”

Timur mentioned, “I heard from Lotton that she, along with Revy, Rock, Shenhua, Sawyer, and a number of the others in their group, are staying in this hotel.”

Desya said, “I am surprised you are still talking to Lotton, after the events of the tower.”

Timur turned to Desya, as she explained, “Well, back at the tower, Lotton hosted some of the best party nights I know of. Full of games, music, and fun. Lotton was always been respectful towards us. And given her gender change, and the fact she was forced to play maid, for years, towards that knife nut and the cleaner, I am going to cut her some slack.”

Grisha lightly chuckled, for a few seconds. She then agreed, “True. So, why are they here?”

Timur stated, “Lotton said they were after someone. I am sure it is not, Yurick. But, someone else. Though, she did not say, who, or why. Though, she did say this town was entertaining for those that enjoyed living Roanapur. That this town was like Roanapur, only if Roanapur had cleaned up years ago. And the badasses that live here, prefer to live quiet lives.”

Grisha responded, “Good job, Timur. That means we won't start any trouble, and we won't have to worry about those lunatics, either.”

Desya inquired, “Should we ask Two-hands, Rock, or Lotton, for help?”

Grisha stated, “No. While the captain and sergeant trust them. I do not trust those lunatics. And I will be honest. Before we all had our young restored, at the price of being turned into women, I use to think, baring a few exceptions, like the captain, that almost all women were born insane. Since being becoming a woman, I have come to realize that is not the case. And their insanity is a learned trait on their part.”

Timur and Desya chuckled at Grisha's comment.

Grisha continued, “Also, if we introduce ourselves to them, it will raise questions. I do not think the captain informed them of what is going on, concerning the changes to us. And it could cause trouble for the captain and the sergeant. By the way, does Lotton know about our gender changes?”

Timur answered, “No. We just electronically text messages to each other, using dummy accounts, in our home reality. We both check it within days of each other, local time. And they do not know about Yurick.”

Timur went onto state, in annoyed tone of voice, “Still, I don't like the fact that we are going to just have to walk around, asking people, if they have seen a man named Yurick. While showing them the only photo have of him. The only photo of Yurick we could find. And an old photo at that.”

Grisha responded, in a sympathetic tone of voice, “I know it is tedious, but there is no other alternative. We are just going to have to do this the hard way. Still, them not knowing will make things easier for us. Just a case of two ships sailing pass each other, at night. We mind our business, and they mind theirs.”

Timur said, “My thoughts, as well.” Timur grumbled, “Though, I wish we could have at least brought out guns with us.”

Grisha pointed out, “If we had taken our firearms with us, it would have likely caused questions to be ask. We are not in Roanapur. The cops are not bought off. Anyway, we can still handle ourselves in a fight, more than ever. And we each have a reality device, in case we need to make a quick escape.”

Desya stated, “Grisha is right. This is covert. We go in guns blazing, we will not find Yurick. We have to do this subtly. And he might not recognize us.”

Timur commented, “Oh. Yurick will still recognize us. He has always been sharp like that. And we look like our own younger sisters.”

Desya conceded, “I guess you might be right about that.”

Grisha stated, “Alright. Let us play this cool. We have all seen the Black Lagoon series. The captain, and the sergeant showed us the series soon after we got out of those vats. And we all found the situation quite funny. We already were traveling for years, across fictional realities. So, it only made sense that our reality was a work of fiction, as well.”

“Anyway, we are going to use that information to our advantage and prevent this from becoming a tragedy. Yurick already has a scary nickname, the Blade. And Yurick ran for us for logical reasons. And this entire situation is running way is too close in parallel with origins of the Bloodhound for me to be conformable with.”

“We do not want to create another Bloodhound. So, should we confront Yurick. We need to explain to Yurick, that yes we are capturing him. Yes. We are going to turn him a woman. But, we are not going to torture him, nor make him a slave, nor kill him. And in the end, after all is said and done, she will likely thank us for all we did for her.”

Desya said, “They say hindsight is twenty-twenty. And, if things to go to hell, at least we tried to prevent the worst case scenario.”

Grisha replied, “Exactly.”

Timur stated, “And that is why the captain put you in charge of this operation, Grisha. She understood that you are levelheaded, and you have the savviness to handle situation, while preventing things from getting worse.”

Grisha smiled, as she replied, “I know. And then there is the fact we are all VDV members, and with the super-soldier serum, we can take Yurick in a fight, without seriously harming ourselves, nor him. Now, let us go do our job. And remember, we have to speak english. Most people here do not speak russian. We do not speak spanish, which is the primary language here. And Lotton mentioned most of the people here also speak english, So, english seems it should work in this situation.”

Timur and Desya nodded in acknowledgment. Then, all three women entered the entryway into the lobby.

(_)

Meanwhile, at the moment, inside the lobby, Lee was sitting down in a couch, behind himself. The couch was against the right wall of the lobby, by the entrance to the elevator bay. This allowed him to see those coming into the hotel from the outside, and those coming into the lobby from the hotel restaurant.

Lee leaned his back again the cushions, as he thought, 'What should I do for today? With Sam nowhere to be seen, my schedule is pretty much open. If this was the time loop, I might be tempted to mindscrew Revy and the girls. But, given there are no more resets, that is not an option.'

Lee then noticed three young, beautiful, slender, fair skinned women walk into the lobby, from the entrance.

Suddenly, the music in the lobby changed. And after a few notes, Lee immediately recognized the music, as he thought, 'That is, the Hymn To Red October. From the movie, The Hunt for Red October. A very cold war movie. And a good movie. Though, I found the book to be too detailed for my reading tastes. And from the timing, the song change is dealing with those three women. Still, why would that song be playing? The song is pretty much the theme for the Soviets in that movie...'

Lee then realized, as he continued his thought, 'No. It could not be. I need to be sure that they are not whom I think that they are.'

Lee then quietly watched at the three women walked up to the front desk. The one in the pantsuit pulled out a small photo. They presented the photo to the two clerks at the desk.

Though, Lee's hearing was not that great, he could read lips, a skill he learned in the time loop. Though, he could only read lips well, when those in question were speaking english. Which, Lee found was fortunately the case.

The black hair woman in the pantsuit was speaking english. And she was asking if they had seen an older man named, Yurick.

Lee thought, with mild amusement, 'Yep. Those women are from Hotel Moscow. They are after Melvin, whose real name is Yurick. And I have to give this hotel lobby credit. It has taste in playing the right music, for the right situation.'

Lee then saw the clerks answer, no, in english. As they shook their heads. The women then turned to their left, walk away from the check in desk, and towards the left side of the room.

As Lee continued watching the three russian women, he noticed that the women intentionally walked around Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton, whom were sitting beside each other, on a couch, on the other side of the room.

Though, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton paid them no mind, as the three russian women then asked a few people sitting in a nearby couch, while showing them the photo.

Lee thought, 'Okay. There is some good news. The members of Hotel Moscow know about Shenhua, Sawyer, and likely Lotton. But, Shenhua, Sawyer, and Lotton do not know those three are members of Hotel Moscow. Balalaika and B likely never told Revy, Rock, and the others, that they gave their soldiers the gender bending, super-soldier, vat treatment.'

'Though, I can understand Balalaika's logic. She has a badass commander, whose loyal subordinates were growing old. She wanted to keep her army together. So, she took drastic action. Still, as juicy as this information is, I would never, ever consider using that as blackmail material, against anyone involved in this mess. They are all far to dangerous to do so.'

'But, I can use this information in other ways. First, these Hotel Moscow members are being low key. They are taking a simple, and effective approach. I admire that. And they do not want Rock and the others to learn it is them. Nor, do they want to learn whom they are after. Because, doing so would raise questions that would let the cat about of the back, about Hotel Moscow change of gender ratio, concerning their membership.'

'Also, the russians did not check into the Devil's Hotel. That means, they will likely ask a lot of people, and if they do not find Melvin, they will simply leave, by the end of the day'

'If they do find Melvin... Well, I don't want to be there, if it happens. As much as I respect Melvin. I will take a page from Pedro, and not get involed. I do not want to get caught in a two, or three way battle, between Melvin, Hotel Moscow, and maybe Revy's crew. Melvin will just have to worry about this, on his own.'

'So now, what should I do? I have enough problems, as is. I do not want to get this tragedy waiting to happen. So, I should be trying to avoid the entire situation, and not get caught up in it. In which case, my hotel suite would be the safest place to be. I will just go up there, lock the deadbolt behind me, watch TV, and dine in for today. This should blow over, one way, or another, by tomorrow morning.'

A second later, Lee quietly got up from his seat, walked a few feet to his right, into the elevator bay, and he swiftly got into an elevator, as he head for the third floor, and his suite.

A few minutes later, Lee locked himself into the safety of his bedroom suite. And he soon sat on his bed, as he used his remote to watch some TV, while he patiently waited for this current storm to pass.

(_)

Half an hour later, on the second floor, Melvin walked out of his hotel suite. His the door automatically locked behind him. And he used his key to lock the deadbolt about above the knob.

Melvin was dressed in his usual clothing, newsboy cap, and black dress shoes. He combat knife was in its sheath, and it was hidden under the back of his green sweater, by his Tokarev pistol.

While Melvin walked down the hallway, he walked by one of the chambermaids he knew, pushing her cleaning cart.

The chambermaid stopped walking, as she turned to Melvin. She said, in spanish, “Good morning, Melvin.”

Melvin stopped. He then turned around to face the woman, as he replied, in spanish, “Good morning, Melissa.”

Melissa inquired, “Did you here about those women this morning?”

Melvin asked, “Which women?” He mentally added, 'I hope Revy, nor the others in her group, have trashed the restaurant before I even start work today. If so, I am getting help to clean it up. And they will be barred from the restaurant, until they pay for the clean up and any damages.'

Melissa said, “Three russian women. You can tell from their accents. Though, they spoke good english.”

Melissa's comment caught Melvin completely off guard. Melvin asked, “What do they want?”

Melissa answered, “They are looking for someone named, Yurick.”

Melvin responded, “Thank you, Melissa.”

Melvin then continued passed Melissa, as he walked towards the elevator bay.

While Melvin walked, he thought, with worry, 'They have finally found me... Well, not found me, found me. But, they know I am in the hotel. What do I do? I cannot run. That will tip them off as to who I am. I could play it cool. But, I need help. I need advice, and there is only one person I know that seems to have a handle on such situations.'

'I am so happy I looked up which floor, and room number, he is staying in.'

'And while he may not know what is going on. He has enough sense, that if he realizes there is danger. And if he is as good as I suspect. Which given his experience with Revy and the others, is very likely. When he learned of these new mysterious women showing up, he will have already headed back in his hotel suite, to wait out the situation.'

Melvin soon reach the elevators, and he swiftly made his way to the third floor.

(_)

A few minutes later, Lee was inside the bedroom of his suite, watching TV, while sitting on his bed.

There was a knock on Lee's door. Lee used the TV remote to turn off the TV. He then stood up on the floor, and tossed the remote onto his bed, as he made his way to the door.

Lee walked over to the door, and looked through the peephole.

He saw Melvin standing outside his door.

Lee sarcastically thought, 'I honestly forgot the call knows where I live.' He mentally added, while in a more serious mood, 'If do not answer the door, and he walks away, I will be pretty much burning my bridges with him. Which is something I do not want to do. So, I might as well face the music, play dumb, and help him where I can.'

Lee unlocked the deadbolt. He then twisted the knob to opened the door.

As the door opened, Melvin made his way into the room, forcing the door to move, and Lee to step to the side.

As soon as Melvin was all the way inside, Lee shut the door, as he sarcastically stated, “Make yourself at home, Melvin.”

Melvin turned to Lee, as he apologized, in a sincere tone of voice, in english, “I am sorry, Lee, for literally barging in here. But, this is too important to discuss in the hallway.”

Lee asked, “Okay, what is it?” He mentally added, 'And I can already guess what it is.'

Melvin stated, “They are after me.”

Lee thought, 'The problem with both of us in hiding, is I cannot reveal to Melvin, what I know, without revealing myself to him. And he cannot tell me the truth about himself, without revealing himself to me. Though, I already know who his is. So, I have to play this carefully.'

Lee calmly inquired, “Okay. Who is after you?”

Melvin thought, 'Let us keep this simple. I can state the truth, without revealing too much of the truth.' He stated, “From what I understand, three women from the organization that I escaped from, have tracked me to this hotel.”

Lee thought, 'Even though I already knew that. Now, that you told me, maybe we can do something about covering your ass, without exposing mine. Because if these Hotel Moscow members learn about me, and my stories, then the entire Hotel Moscow organization would likely set up shop in this hotel by nightfall.'

'And given how Revy, Rock, and their crew seem to love mess with me, if I suddenly leave, right after Hotel Moscow shows up, I will give myself away as the writer. That is, if I had a place to run too. Which I don't.'

'Though, if I stay, with that many more people looking for me, in such a confined place as this hotel, they will find me, soon enough.'

'In such a case, I might as well surrender. Though, I might convince Pedro to deliver a message that I am willing to surrender... Who am I kidding. Barring the maids, if Hotel Moscow showed up, Pedro would likely flee the island, within the hour of those badass russians arriving here.'

'The irony is, except for B, I had nothing to do with their gender change. That was their choice. Still, they would be after my head. Also, unlike Revy, Rock, and the others of their crew, those of Hotel Moscow are professionals. And I do not think I could fool Balalaika, B, nor their subordinates, for long.'

'As such, I have to get them out of here as quickly as possible. And I have an idea on how to do so. But, that will have to wait for a few more questions and answers, before I tell Melvin my plan of action.'

Lee questioned, “Who are these women? What do they look like?”

Melvin answered, “They are russian. I honestly don't know what they look like, considering I have been avoiding them.”

Lee thought, 'That is the truth. They were changed into women after you left. Now, they next question.' He inquired, 'Do they know it is you they are are after? Do they know what you look like, right now? Or, the name you use? If you are on the run, you are likely using an alias.” Lee mentally added, 'Like me.'

Melvin stated, “I agree. And no, on both counts. They clearly don't know what I look like. Nor, my name. They just know that I am in the hotel.”

Lee thought, 'Now, to allay his fears.'

Lee grinned, as he pointed out, “Good. That works for us. Keep in mind, you don't really have an accent. Meaning, if you remain calm, you will likely be fine. Still, how are they searching the building for you?”

Melvin said, “From what I understand, they are asking people about me.”

Lee grin widened a bit, as he thought, 'And here is my solution.' He stated, “That is even better. Eventually, they will run out of people to ask. Or, if they approach you, after we convince them that you are no the one they are after. As one of the hotel employees, you can tell them to stop harassing the hotel patrons. Or, you will call the police on them. That will likely get them to leave.”

Melvin complimented, “That is brilliant. I am glad I came to you for help.”

Lee replied, “Thank you.”

Melvin commented, “It is very clear you are hiding from someone, or something. But, the way you handle Revy and the others is nothing short of genius. You are skilled at manipulating people. But, you do so in very subtle ways.”

“Though, you only do so to deflect attention from you. You don't take advantage of people, just to sleep with them. You only do so out of survival. I admire that about you. And I know enough about Eda to state that she was likely was the aggressor in your little one night stand.”

Lee stated, “Actually, Eda was quite pleasant in bed.”

Melvin snorted, “Really? I, and the others, always thought she was more of a hellcat in bed.”

Lee replied, “No. She was not rough. But, she preferred to be on top. Not that I was going to argue with her.”

Melvin smirked, “Wise decision... Hey, wait a minute, why are you not surprised that I know Eda?”

Lee thought, 'Now, to play one of my cards.' He casually answered, “You stated that you know Revy. Eda told me that she and Revy know each other. I had a front row seat of a meeting between the two of them. They clearly have known each other for a while. It is an academic guess that you knew Eda, in some way. Though, I am not asking for details.”

Melvin nodded once, as he stated, “And this is why I like having someone like you on my side. You know exactly how to push the situation to your advantage.”

Lee thought, 'Oh boy. He can tell that about me. Not surprising, considering he is a professional. But, if the girls figure this out, that will blow my cover right there.'

Lee requested, “Okay. But, please keep that to yourself”

Melvin stated, “I will.”

Lee commented, “Now, we need to make things appear as normal as possible. Are you considered late for work, yet?”

Melvin answered, “No. I usually come into work around ten minutes early.”

Lee explained, “Good. Now, here is what we are going to do. You will go down to the restaurant, right now. I will join you in a few minutes. If we walk together, doing so will draw suspicion. And I will stick around the bar counter. All day, if need be. If they approached us, I will help give you cover. Just follow my lead.”

Melvin replied, “Okay. I will. Also, good plan. And thank you.”

Lee pointed out, “Do not thank me just yet. If this goes south. I will be the first one out the door, saving my own ass.”

Melvin agreed, “Given whom we are facing. If things start to go back. I recommend you do just that.”

Lee responded, “I appreciate that. On another note, if they approached you at the bar counter. Do not. I repeat, do not place one of you hands under the bar, in preparation to draw your pistol. And your long knife. Yes. I know about that pistol. That will tip them off immediately that it is you.”

Melvin realized, as he thought, 'He is right. And if he has the eye for detail, that I guess he has. I am not surprised he knows I am armed.'

Melvin said, “Thanks for the warning. See you downstairs in a few minutes.” He then turned around, opened the door. And after he exited the room, into the hallway, he gently closed the door behind him.

After the door completely shut, Lee calmly walked to his bed, and he sat down, at the foot of the bed, with him letting his feet touch the floor.

Lee then let out a deep sigh, as he thought, 'How do I get myself into these situations?'

Lee then spent the next few minutes, in his room, enjoying the silent peace that he had come to enjoy from his room. He then got up from his bed, turned off the lamp light, walked to his door, open it, walked into the hallway, locked the knob, gently shut the door, and he made his way to the elevator bay, to head to the ground floor.

(_)

Meanwhile, Melvin reached the hotel restaurant. As he walked behind the bar counter. And as he saw not one was looking at him, he pulled out his got to the bar counter, he placed his Tokarev, hidden under the back of his sweater, and he placed it in the hostler under the bar counter.

(_)

A few minutes later, after Lee left his hotel room, Lee made it to the ground floor, elevator bay. As he walked into front hotel lobby, he saw Revy approaching him. And she was armed with her semi-automatic pistols in her holsters.

Lee took a quick look around the lobby, as Revy got closer.

Lee thought, 'I don't see any other members of her crew in the lobby. Nor, do I see those three russian woman. Still, I might as well be polite to her.'

When Revy came to a stop, a few feet from Lee, Lee politely greeted her, “Hello Revy. How are you?”

Revy grinned, as she said, “I am fine. Anyway, I enjoyed our conversation this morning. And as a reward, I am going to give you a close up looked at my cutlasses.”

Lee thought, 'Nice.'

Revy pulled out her custom semi-automatic pistols, from her shoulder holsters. She held them, in an open palm manner, before Lee. In a manner in which the barrels were pointed to the sides, away from Lee, Revy, and anyone else that was present.

Lee looked down at the pistols for a few seconds, as he though, 'Now, this is a reward. And it is a rarity for a fan to see such famous weapons personally, in such a direct, yet nonthreatening manner. Also, even thought, I have personally fired her pistols in the time loop, it is always nice to look at such fine, and dangerous works of art.'

Lee then looked back at Revy's face.

Revy continued grinning, as she questioned, “Have you ever seen such nice firearms in you life? Let alone held, and fired something as powerful as these beauties?”

Lee thought about his past, as a child. One of his better childhood memories.

(_)

Decade ago, somewhere in the southeastern United States, it was a sunny day, on an outdoor shooting range, an eight year old Lee was being instructed on firearms, under his father's parental supervision

Lee held in his hands, and fired his father's fully legal, fully automatic, with suppressor attachment, with the collapsible stock extended, forty-five caliber, Mac ten, with a thirty-round ammo clip attached to the weapon.

Lee was aiming at the human paper target, set in front of a large, high, dirt berm, which was thirty feet away.

Lee had his right hand on the weapon's grip, and his left hand on the soft foam suppressor barrel. At the same time, he had the stock placed against the front of his right shoulder, as he used the Mac ten iron sights to fire at the target.

Lee was practicing accurate firing with the Mac ten in single shot mode, full auto, and how to tap the trigger in full auto, to fire a few rounds each time. And in all three ways, he kept hitting the paper target dead center in the chest more often than not.

Even though the weapon had a kick, Lee enjoyed how quiet the weapon was.

Along with this, his father taught him proper firearm safety.

That day Lee learned something, and no one was hurt.

All in all, it was pleasant day for Lee. A rarity in Lee's life. And a day that Lee smiled, when he recalled the memory of that event.

(_)

Back in the present, Lee grinned, as he lied, “No. I have not. And they are very nice pistols. And thank you for showing them to me.”

Revy said, “No problem.” She then holstered her pistols, and walked away.

Meanwhile, Lee headed to the hotel restaurant, in the hopes of helping Melvin out of his own mess.

(_)

A minute later, Lee walked into the hotel restaurant. As he walked towards the bar counter, to his usual seat, he looked around the room. He saw a Melvin behind the bar counter, and Melvin was looking back at him, with a smile on his face.

Lee also saw that besides Melvin, there was no one else at the bar counter.

Lee thought, 'I am glad he is happy.' He then look around some more, he saw a few customers, and a waitress. But, considering it was not yet noon, there was not many people yet there for lunch.

But, Lee did see Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, were having an early lunch, at one of the tables, in the back of the room, by the stage. Though, Lee did not see their daughters, nor did he see any of the others among Revy's group.

And Lee did not see any of the russian women, he saw earlier that day, in the hotel lobby.

Lee turned back to the bar counter, as he thought about Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru, 'Those three probably are planning to do something later, and they are getting something to eat while they can.'

Lee then made it to the bar, and he sat down on his usual cushioned stool, as he faced the bar counter, and the left wall of the room.

As he did so, Melvin walked up to him.

Lee looked around the bar counter, to the russian, as he inquired, “Have they shown up, yet?”

Melvin said, “No.”

Lee commented, “Well, give Murphy's Law, they will. And likely soon. Just stay calm, act like you usually do, and this will all soon be over, with you not being caught.”

Melvin nodded, as he replied, “Okay. Here. This for you advice.” He pulled out a cold beer, and set it in front of Lee.

Lee said, “Thanks.” He then opened the beer, and sipped it.

Melvin then walked around to exit the bar counter, as he when check on his other customer, whom were located through out the room.

(_)

A minute later, Lee saw from the corner of his left eye, as the three russian women walked into the room.

Lee thought, 'Sometimes, I hate being right.'

Lee then noticed the three women had stopped near the entrance to the restaurant, as they began talking to one another.

Lee thought, 'They are speaking russian, so I cannot read their lips. But, I always wondered, in those bar scenes, in movies, and such, when the main characters walked just inside the bar and talked. I wondered if others noticed their odd behavior? I guess now that the is clearly a, yes, to that question. Others did notice them.'

Lee then saw that Melvin had returned to behind the bar counter, and he was standing near him.

Lee thought, 'I guess, from a few days ago, with Sawyer, I believe Melvin put together that the super-soldier serum gives them enhanced hearing. So, we both know we cannot talk to each other, without them risking overhearing us. We just go to hope we know each other enough, to play off of each other by ear. Fortunately, I think we do know each other about each other to pull it off.'

Melvin and Lee then quietly waited for the three russian women to enviably come to them.

(_)

At that moment, across the room, near the entrance to the room, the three russian women had just walked into the restaurant.

They turned to look at one another, as Desya asked, in russian, “I wonder what was with that music in the hotel lobby?”

Timur stated, in russian, “Lotton stated, from what she learned, by talking to some of the hotel employees, there was something magical about this hotel. And inside the front lobby, of this hotel, the music changes themes based on those whom just entered the hotel for the first time. Or, the person enters with a group for the first time. And the music that starts playing given clues to what one's fate will be while on the island.”

Grisha commended, in russian, “Interesting. Still, it is best not to ask questions towards answers you don't want to know.”

Desya replied, “I agree. Though, I am worried that the lobby music, which was clearly meant for us, may have tipped off Yurick to our presence.”

Grisha stated, “I doubt it. He clearly wasn't in the lobby when it first played. So, that that is a small risk... Now, who should we talk to first?”

Desya looked around the room, and she saw Akira sitting at a table, in the back of the room, by a stage. She was sitting with a redhead and a blue haired women. All three of them were having their lunch.

Desya asked, “Is that Akira?”

The other two women looked in the direction that Desya was looking. And they saw Akira, as well. With Akira being with two other women.

Timur answered, “Likely so. Now, that I think about it, Lotton mentioned that Akira has two lovers, a redheaded woman and a blue haired woman, whom could change their genders, as well. Like Akira can. Those two women are probably them.”

Deysa suggested, “I know you don't want us anywhere near Rock and Revy. And their family. But, Akira was always a straight shooter in a number of ways. Including, her being very sharp about her surroundings. And she won't recognize us. So, why not ask her, and her two friends.”

Grisha asked, “Timur. Before I answer that question. I have to ask. Is there anyone else here that could be with Revy's group?”

Timur looked around. She then answered, “No. I don't see anyone. And it is nice to not have to use glasses anymore, due to us getting older. With us now being younger.”

Grisha stated, “I agree, Timur. And I think it is worth the risk to ask Akira. For us to input from their group, from a source we know, but we are sure won't recognized us.” She mentally added, 'Given Akira's personality, mentioning, Yurick's nickname might help her memory.'

The other two women nodded in agreement.

Then, the three women turned towards the back of the room, as they began walking over to the back of the room, where Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma were sitting.

(_)

Meanwhile, about a minute before the russians came into the restaurant, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma were sitting in chairs, at their table, as they ate lunch. They faced each other, around their table.

Akira complimented, in japanese, “Thank you, Ranma for suggesting we get lunch early. Considering we might have a busy day today, with our children.”

Ranma replied, in japanese, “No problem. I figured we might want to get something to eat before we met with our kids. With us all going shopping around town.”

Natsuru commented, in japanese, “Yes. And it is good we did so. Still, speaking of our daughters, I am kind of worried about the influence those Lagoon sisters have on our daughters.”

Ranma stated, “You are not the only one.”

Akira said, “We all agree with you, Natsuru. Sadly, those Lagoon sisters are one of the few people they can relate to.”

Natsuru pointed out, “What about the Lowe siblings? They have always been nice enough.”

Akira stated, “Well, all things considered, they are on good terms with each other. But, they different interests are just too great.”

Ranma said, “You got that right. Still, it is not so much influence that worries me, as much as how... Loose the Lagoon sisters are.”

Akira countered, “But, what can we do? If we try to get involved, it will likely backfire. We of all people know how badly relationships can go.”

Akira saw Natsuru nodding, while Ranma shrugged, in agreement.

Natsuru commented, “Well, the important part is we need to make sure they don't get pregnant, nor get someone pregnant, before everyone involved is ready for such responsibilities.”

Akira replied, “Agreed.”

Ranma responded, “Yea. That is something we need to help them avoid, until they are ready.”

Akira mentioned, “I am glad we waited.”

Natsuru agreed, “Yes.”

Ranma said, “Same here.”

There was an awkward silence for a few seconds.

Akira then asked, “So, any leads on the writer?”

Ranma answered, “None.”

Natsuru commented, “I might have one.”

Ranma and Akira turned their attention towards Natsuru.

Natsuru noticed this, as she explained, “I haven't said anything, because I want to first make sure. You know how Revy and the others can be. The slightest hint of something, and they will jump first without looking. And if I am wrong, then an innocent man could get hurt, or killed.”

Akira said, “I understand. So, who do you think the writer is?”

Natsuru answered, “Melvin.”

Ranma responded, “Melvin. I highly doubt that. He is a retired soldier. Also, he was crazy enough to snatch Revy's pistols from her hands. He is not the writer.”

Natsuru explained, “I to thought that, at first. Then, I got to thinking about him, and what we know about him. Something about him rubs me the wrong way. And that story he gave us does not add up. Don't get me wrong. He is a badass. And if I say something to the others, it is likely someone would be killed in the ensuing fight. Including, our friends, and maybe even our children.”

Ranma agreed, “Yes. We need to be careful whom we talk to about him. We don't want anyone hurt, whom does not deserve it.”

Akira pointed out, “I agree. Though, I asked around. The man has been here for years.”

Natsuru stated, “Yes. But, he could have wrote the story while here. Also, this is the perfect cover. Being a bartender gives him an open ear on the situation. And with us here much of the time, he can keep an eye on us. If he suspects we know, he can bolt before we can act.”

Akira conceded, “I have to admit that your logic does have so merit.”

Natsuru smiled, as she said, “That is one of the perks to all that police training I did.”

Ranma pointed out, “True. And to be honest. I am not that upset with the writer. That is one of the things he gave us. And we owe him a lot.”

Akira shrugged, “There are a couple of things I want to have a word with him about. But, all in all, yes. I can agree with you, Ranma.”

Natsuru agreed, “Yes. Because of him, we all met each other. And my life wasn't that pleasant before I met you two. And my life has been great since being with the two you, and the others.”

Ranma responded, “Same here. And he was not the person that made us gender benders, in the first place. He just pointed out that we are not alone.”

Natsuru replied, “Exactly. And I am thankful for him doing so.”

Akira said, “I guess I make three on this matter.”

Natsuru commented, “And I don't mind living as a woman most of the time. Before I even met you, I was already doing that.”

Ranma said, “And I have had points in my life, in my original series, where I lived as a girl for extended amounts of time. And it was not much different than living as a guy, in most respects.”

Akira stated, “I also reached a point a few times in my double-life, as a teenage gender bender, where I was no longer sure if I was still a boy that could change into a girl. Or, a girl that could change into a boy.”

Natsuru said, “We have all been there.”

Ranma stated, “You're right about that.”

Akira commented, “Also, I can overlook the pain of childbirth. To be honest, our three pregnancies, at the same time, was an interesting shared experience for the three of us. And our children turned out great. And we love them. And they love us.”

Natsuru said, “Yes.”

Ranma asked, “Absolutely. And since this is the case, we have no real ill will towards the writer. So, what are we going to do, when we find the writer?”

Natsuru admitted, “Good question. We, and our daughters, just came along for the ride, to make sure Revy and the others do not go on a rampage.”

Akira suggested, “Exactly. I say when we catch the writer, we let the others have their revenge, but we prevent them from going too far. Perhaps, have the writer suffer some. But, with him not being killed, nor severely crippled. And he will just be able to recover from his wounds.”

Ranma replied, “Agreed.”

Natsuru said, “I can live with that.”

Ranma suggested, “Also, we can learn the truth one way, or another, later this evening. After we getting finish with are day trip with our girls, we will come, have a quick dinner. Then, while everyone else is still at supper, we will break into his room, and search it.”

Natsuru said, “Fine. I even know where his room is. It is on the second floor.”

Akira commented, “Good. But, we need to do it subtly. We search it, but we don't tear the place apart. And we then put everything back the way it was when we are finished. So, that he never knows that we were there.”

Natsuru said, “That would be for the best.”

Ranma replied, “Exactly.”

Just then, the three lovers noticed three young, fair skinned women, walking up to their table.

As the three women came to a stop in front of the table with the three lovers, the three women sitting the table, turned to look at the three women standing before them.

The three lovers say that one of the black haired woman was wearing a gray pantsuit. The other black haired woman was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. The third woman had brown hair, and she was wearing a blouse and long skirt.

The two groups of three women looked at each other for a few seconds.

Then, the woman in the pantsuit asked, in english, with a russian accent, “Hello. I was wondering if you might give us a moment of your time?”

Natsuru replied, in english, “Sure.”

The woman in the pantsuit pulled out a small picture from one of her pants pocket and she handed the photo to Natsuru.

After Natsuru took the photo, she looked at it.

Natsuru then passed the picture around to Akira, and Akira to Ranma.

While the three lovers passed the photo around, the woman in the gray pantsuit said, “We are looking for this man. His name is, Yurick. He is nicknamed, The Blade. Have you seen this man?”

Ranma handed Natsuru back the picture. Natsuru then turned to the woman in the gray pantsuit, as she gave the picture back to the black haired woman in question.

Natsuru answered, “Nope. I have never seen him.”

Akira responded, in english, “He looks vaguely familiar. Like I met him once, a long time ago. But, I cannot place him.”

Ranma replied, in english, “Sorry. Never met the dude.”

The woman in the gray pantsuits pocket the picture, as she said, “Thank you for your time.”

The three women then turned to their left side, and left the table where Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma, were sitting.

Natsuru asked, in japanese, “I wonder what is up with them?”

Ranma stated, in japapese, “I do not know. Still, it doesn't matter. We have other matters to take care of today.”

Akira agreed, in japanese, “Yes. We do.”

Just then, their waitress came by, to give them the check for their lunch. They then gave the waitress her the money for the bill, and her tip. And they waited for their receipt, so they could leave.

(_)

Meanwhile, as the three russian woman walked away from the three japanese lovers, Desya said, in russian, “I think Akira remembers Yurick, from a long time ago.”

Timur replied, in russian, “Even so, that doesn't help us now. But, it is clear she didn't recognize us. So, no harm, no fowl.”

Desya pointed out, “Still, we are running out of people to ask in this hotel.”

Grisha looked to her right side, and she sat a black haired, fair skin man sitting at the bar counter, with the older, blond, male fair skin bartender standing right beside him, from across the bar.

Grisha suggested, in russian, “True. Now, let us talk to the bartender, and the man beside him, before we leave this room.”

The other two russians just followed their leader, as they turned, and headed for the bar counter.

(_)

As the three russian woman approached the bar counter, Lee turned around in his stool, as he and Melvin watched the three russian women approach them.

Lee continued to look at the women, as he thought, 'I hope Melvin can keep it together.'

Melvin looked at the women, as he thought, while maintaining a mask of calmness, 'Grisha, Timur, and Desya. And they look like their own younger sisters. Balalaika must really want my head to send three of my former friends after me.'

As the women came to a stop in front, three from Lee, and six feet from Melvin, Grisha said, in english, “Hello. I was wondering if you two could help us.”

Grisha pulled out a picture, and she handed it to Lee, as she asked, “We are looking for a man named, Yurick. Have you seen him?”

It took almost all of Melvin's willpower not to respond to his real name, but he was able to will himself not to react.

Lee looked at the picture. It was a picture of a young Melvin, in his mid-thirties, with short brown hair. And he looked nothing like he did presently.

While not showing his reaction on the outside, Lee was impressed, as he thought, 'Damn. This is an old picture. And Melvin really knows how to put on a disguise. I knew he bleached his hair blond. I could take notes from this man. Still, I need to get Melvin out of this mess. And I know just the right words to do so.'

Lee handed the picture to Melvin.

Melvin looked at the photo for a few seconds. He did not show any reaction on the outside, as he thought, 'This is the only picture they could find of me? Somehow, I find that insulting. I know I took my personal collection of pictures with me. But, I would think they one of them would have another picture besides this. Or, I still had some friends in the organization, that still believe I should have a choice. And they did not give Balalaika some of my more recent pictures. Which I know were taken from.'

'I hope I still do have friends there. It will offer me other options, in case I am discovered. But, that is a worst case scenario. I need to focus on the matter at hand, to prevent that from happening. And I hope Lee's plan works. I think I will let him speak first, and follow his lead.'

Melvin then handed the picture back to Lee, whom handed the picture to Grisha.

After Lee watched Grisha pocket the picture, he casually stated, “I think I met this Yurick before. I saw him here a month ago. But, he soon disappeared. I haven't see him since then.” He mentally added, 'Sam did something similar for me. I see no reason why this type of alibi will not work for Melvin.'

Then, Lee saw Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru walked by, and behind the russian women. They saw nothing, as they continued towards the exit. Though, he kept his focus on the three russians.

Lee did not show any reaction on the outside, as he thought, with relief, 'That was close.'

Grisha thought, 'This could be a lead. But, something does not feel right about these two. Something tells me to dig a bit deeper with these two.'

The russians and Lee continued their discussion, as Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru exited the room.

(_)

When the lovers reached the hallway, outside the restaurant, Akira inquired, “Did you two hear what Lee just said?”

Ranma said, “Yea. I don't remember seeing Lee talking to any russians in the hotel. Let alone someone that looks like this Yurick.”

Natsuru asked, “True. We have not seen anyone that looks like that Yurick, in the photo, at the hotel. Let alone someone that Lee has associated with. So, why would Lee lie liked that? ”

Akira stated, “Good question.”

Ranma commented, “Who knows. I am sure Lee has his reasons for doing so.”

Akira said, “Well, either way, we have other things to focus on. Like meeting our daughters, and then later, finding out more about Melvin, this evening.”

The three lovers then heads to their suite, to get ready for the afternoon shopping, with their adult daughters.

(_)

A few seconds ago, back at the bar counter, Grisha thought, 'This could be a lead. But, something does not feel right about these two. Something tells me to dig a bit deeper with these two.'

Grisha asked, “By the way, what are your names?”

Lee thought, 'If we don't answer her question, it will raise their suspicions.' He answered, “Lee.”

Melvin replied, “Melvin.”

Grisha inquired, “So, you are Melvin?”

Melvin thought, 'Where did she learn my alias from?' He calmly said, “Yes. Have you heard of me?”

Grisha commented, “Those women at the table, near the stage, were just talking about you.” She mentally added, 'Though, we only heard your name. Considering, we don't know japanese... Oh well.'

Lee jumped into the conversation, “What customer does not talk about their bartender?”

Grisha looked over at Lee, and grimaced. Lee notice her reaction, they he did not even flinch.

Grisha thought, 'This guy is either a fool, or he is covering for Melvin. I am not sure which. But, frowning will not help matters.' She then relaxed her facial expression.

Lee inquired, “Anyway, is there something else we can do for you ladies?”

Grisha stated, “Not really.”

Melvin thought, 'Now, to put Lee's plan into action.'

Melvin gave the three women a stern look on his face, as he firmly stated, “Then, perhaps it is time for you to leave. I have been talking to the staff. You have been harassing them, and the tenants, of this hotel. If you do not leave the hotel, I will call the police, and I have you escorted off the premise.”

Melvin maintained his stern expression, as he mentally lamented, 'Too bad I cannot tell them that I personally know Pedro. But, I don't want Lee to know that. Given his manipulative nature, I want to have at least one card to play against him, if I need too.'

Grisha looked at the stern look on Melvin's face. She realized, as she thought, 'He is not bluffing. And it not worth getting into a fight over this. It is clear we are not going to fight with them. Especially, with Revy's group being here. We do not need their attention directed towards us.'

Grisha calmly stated, “You are correct. We have overstayed our welcome. We will leave. Good day.”

The three russians then turned to their left, and walked out of the restaurant for the hallway.

Melvin, nor Lee, took their eyes off the women, until they had left the room, and were in the hallway.

(_)

In the hallway, outside the restaurant, as the three russian women walked towards the front doors to the lobby, so they could leave.

While they walked, Timur said, in russian, “I guess this is a bust.”

Desya agreed, in russian, “Yes. Talk about a waste time.”

Grisha stated, in russian, “Not really. We can confirm that Yurick was here. But, he is gone.”

Timur suggested, “Do you want go to back in time and get him, then?”

Grisha firmly answered, “No. I don't want to play time games. That can lead to paradoxes. Which none of us want. We need to continue moving forward. I am sure we will eventually catch up with Yurick. And at least we have good news to report to the captain, and the sergeant.”

The women the soon made it out of the lobby, and to the outside. They then found a small corner of the building, where Grisha used her reality device to return to the proper reality, place, and time, that the current headquarters of Hotel Moscow were located, in the multiverse. Where they soon reported back to Balalaika, and B, on what they had found out.

(_)

Meanwhile, back in the Devil's Hotel restaurant, Melvin and Lee looked at each, in silence.

They had remain silent for a full minute, before Melvin was finally sure his former comrades were gone.

Still, so as to not take any chance, Melvin leaned over the counter, and whispered into Lee's ear, “Thank you, Lee. I think we pulled it off, with your help.”

As Melvin leaned back up straight, Lee replied, “You're welcome. I am glad to be of help.”

Melvin stated, “You got that right. And to show my appreciation, lunch is on me.”

Lee smiled, as he responded, “Thank you, Melvin. And I accept your offer. Though, I promise not to order anything expensive.”

Melvin returned the smile, as he replied, “I know you won't, Lee. You clearly know better than to abuse such privileges.”

Lee commented, “And I already know what I want for lunch.”

Melvin replied, “Good.”

Melvin then took Lee's lunch order. And it was not an expensive order.

A few minutes later, Lee had lunch, and drink, on the house.

(_)

Later that afternoon, Ranma, Natsuru, and Akira, joined their daughters, Nodoka, Mikoto, and Yurika. Where they took two cars, to do for some window shopping, in the various shopping outlets in the city.

The six women had a great time together. They returned to the hotel later that evening, to have some dinner.

The three lovers finished their meals early, and level the hotel restaurant, while everyone else was at dinner. They then headed the second floor of the Devil's Hotel, where they learned Melvin's suite was.

Akira and Natsuru stood behind Ranma, as Ranma used her lock picking tools to break into Melvin's suite. With Akira and Natsuru also providing look out for their redheaded lover.

Fortunately, given it was dinner time, no one had come back, to catch them at what they were doing.

Presently, Ranma had already picked the knob, only to find the deadbolt, above the knob was locked. So, she had to unlock the deadbolt, as well.

The three lovers guess that given Melvin was a member of the staff, that lived in the hotel, the hotel staff provided him with keys to both his knob lock and his deadlock.

Ranma was standing, as she worked on the deadbolt lock.

Suddenly, Ranma felt the release of the deadbolt lock. She then turned the knob, and gently pushed open the door.

Ranma then pocketed her lock pick tools, and walked into the suite, with Natsuru, and then Akira following behind.

As soon as all three of them were in side, Ranma, locked and shut the door. She then turned on the ceiling light, from the switch, on the wall, by the door.

After the ceiling light came on, the three women saw that the bedroom was very neatly kept. There was no dust on anything. And the bed sheets even made, military style.

Natsuru commented, in japanese, “For a bachelor, Melvin sure like to keep things clean.”

Akira admitted, in japanese, “Honestly. I am envious of his tidiness.”

Ranma walked further into the suite, as she said, in japanese, “So do I. Now, come on ladies. Let's find what we are looking for.”

As the three lovers walked further into the room, Akira used her right hand to point at the table, on the other side of the room, by the closed sliding glass door, that lead to the balcony. With the curtains on the sliding glass door being closed.

Akira stated, “At least he has access to the internet, and word processor programs.” She then dropped her right hand back to her side.

Ranma and Natsuru looked at the table and they saw a close laptop computer, with a computer mouse attached to the computer.

Natsuru commented, “That means nothing. Many people have computers in this technological era. Though, let us see what else we can find about, Melvin.”

At they looked around, Ranma turned to her left side, and she noticed that Melvin's room had a armoire set against the wall, on the bedroom side, beside the bed, of the wall bordering the bedroom with the bathroom.

Ranma looked into it, as Natsuru searched the chest of drawers. Meanwhile, Akira just looked around the room, for anything that was in plain sight.

As Ranma searched the armoire, he found a hung up pair of combat fatigues, some nice suits, and then, in a back corner, she found something that surprised her.

Ranma quietly said, “What the hell?”

Ranma carefully pulled out the item, by the middle of its barrel, with her right hand.

Ranma held the firearm, with the end of the barrel pointed upwards, as she stated, “Hey, guys. Take a look at this.”

Natsuru turned, around, while having a piece of paper in her right hand, that she found in the chest of drawers.

As Akira turned around, she immediately recognized firearm. She stated, “That is an AK seventy-four. It is soviet military rifle.”

Ranma continued to hold the weapon in place, as she stated, “I think it is safe to say that Melvin is not just a bartender. And how the hell did he get this weapon?”

Meanwhile, Natsuru was taking a clear look at the picture had found, which was currently in her right hand. She said, “You two think that is something, you need to check this out.”

Akira walked over to Natsuru.

Ranma set the automatic rifle back into armoire, where she had found. And in the way she had found it. Next, she gently shut the doors to the armoire. After which, she walked over to join her two lovers.

The three women stood side by side, with Ranma to Natsuru's right side, and Akira to Natsuru's left side.

The three women look at the picture in Natsuru's right hand. The photo was old, faded, and it had crease lines from being folded, but they still could see what was on the photo.

It was a picture of a large group of soldiers, in their combat uniforms, grouped together for the picture. Some where standing, some were kneeling in front of those whom were standing.

But, in the center of the picture, standing, with no one in front of the person, was a very familiar, female face, surrounded by men. A face that was very heard to forget. Though, she lacked any scars, and her blond hair was cut short.

Akira stated, “That is Balalaika, when she was younger. Before she left her hair grow out. And from the lack of scars, this photograph was probably taken either before, or during the Soviet-Afghanistan war.”

Ranma asked, “What is Melvin doing with a picture of Balalaika, and members of Hotel Moscow?”

Natsuru thought, 'Oh crap.' She stated, “Guys. We got it all wrong. Melvin isn't the writer. He is a member of Hotel Moscow.”

The three women kept looking at the picture, as Ranma inquired, “If so, then how did he end up here. And years before we came here? He might have come here years before the stories were even created here.”

Natsuru agreed, “That is a good point, Ranma. Still, I do not recognize Melvin from any of the faces here.”

Akira noticed to other people in the picture, standing near each other. She stated, “Melvin is Yurick, the Blade. See the man that is by Boris, on the left side of the picture. That looks like Yurick.”

“So, those women were working for Hotel Moscow, to find Yurick. Whom they tracked to this hotel. And since I do not see anyone that looks like Melvin. And with this equipment here, Melvin is clearly a member, or former member of Hotel Moscow. It makes since that Melvin is Yurick.”

Natsuru said, “Akira, you may have a point there. Also, looking at this picture, I sometimes forget how much of a hunk Boris is as a guy.”

Ranma commented, “Natsuru, try to keep you head in the game. Still, Melvin's story now makes sense. He is an Afghanistan veteran. Just a Russian one, instead of an American one. He hid the lie within the truth. And we all saw a taste of why he is called, the Blade, when he confronted Revy, during the first night we came here. Damn. This city is just full of secrets.”

Natsuru questioned, “Yes. But, who were those women after them? As Akira here pointed out. If they were after him, they must be connected to Hotel Moscow in some way. And they working for Hotel Moscow.”

Ranma realized something else, as she stated, “Also, Lee lied to those women for Melvin. How is he connected to this mystery?”

Akira said, “Well, we know someone who has many of the answers we are looking for. Let us go talk to Melvin.”

Ranma stated, “Good idea. But, let's do it at closing. When we can confront him alone. That way, if things go bad, we will not have to worry about others getting hurt.”

Natsuru agreed, “I agree.”

Akira stated, “So do I. We will have a word with Melvin, later tonight. Now, let's put everything back the way we found it, and leave. We should go downstairs to rejoin our daughters, and the rest of the gang.”

Ranma replied, “That sounds like a great idea.”

Natsuru said, “I agree. Also, karaoke is always fun both to perform and to watch.”

Ranma commented, “Also, since we are confronting Melvin, there is no point in locking the top lock.”

Ranma thought, 'I would either have to pick it from the outside. If, I locked it on the inside, and jumped from the balcony. Given the way the lock on the sliding glass door is made, I cannot close the lock to sliding glass door from the outside. And someone outside my see me jump down to the ground. And they would raise to many questions for all of us.'

Akira said, “Okay”

Natsuru commented, “That will be fine.”

Natsuru then put the picture back where she had found it in the chest of drawers, before closing the drawers.

Meanwhile, Ranma went back to the armoire, and she made sure that the AK-74 was back the way she had found it, with the hung suits were also back the way they originally were.

At the same time, Akira took a look around, to make sure nothing was amiss.

A few minutes later, all three women each confirmed that the room was back to the way they had found it.

As they walked out into the hallways, Akira was the last one out. She turned off the ceiling light, and she gently shut the door, to the hallway, behind her. The knob automatically locked behind her.

Then, the three lovers headed down stairs to spend some time with their family, and friends. As they patiently waited for the proper time to confront Melvin about the questions they had for him.

(_)

Later that night, at midnight, from behind the bar counter, Melvin watched as one of his customers left for the night.

As he looked around, all he saw was Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru, sitting at their usual table by the stage.

A few seconds later, Melvin noticed the three women get up, and walked towards him.

Melvin mentally wondered, with concern, 'Why do I have a bad feeling about this?'

When the three women stopped in front of the bar counter, across from Melvin, he asked, “Is there something I can do for you ladies? I hope the drinks, food, and service, has been good for you, tonight.”

Akira stated, “It has all been fine. Actually, we wanted to talk to you, personally, Melvin. And we waited until the room cleared, before we had this private conversation.”

Melvin thought, 'Like Lee told me. I just have to play it cool, and I should be fine. Just like this morning.'

Melvin casually responded, “Okay. I appreciate that. So, what do you want to talk to me about?”

Ranma stated, “It is about your past, Melvin. Or, should we say, Yurick, the Blade?”

The trio then watch as Melvin did the last thing they expected. He sighed.

Melvin look at the three women, as he asked, “So, how did you find out? I have gone to a lot of trouble in hiding out here.” He mentally added, 'The only good news is that Akira and Balalaika were never on social terms. So, I might be able to salvage this situation.'

Ranma casually admitted, “We searched your room. And we found that picture of your group, with Balalaika. That, the fact we saw, from that picture those women had, of Yurick, was in the picture. But, you were not the photo. Along with the AK seventy-four rifle in your closet. It was not hard to piece together that you are Yurick.”

Melvin responded, with slight hardness his tone of voice, “I see you have no respect for privacy.”

Melvin thought, 'I underestimated these women, and it cost me. I am starting to understand why Lee is so secretly manipulative towards these women. He clearly understands what these women are capable of. I heard about the Rats Nest massacre. With him and Sam being present for that bloodbath. Because of this, Lee wisely plays it close to his chest with these women.'

Natsuru commented, “It depends on the situation. We thought you were someone else we are after. We were wrong. Though, we left you room the way we found it. And I wish our room was that neat.”

Melvin accepted Natsuru's compliment. He calmed down, as he replied, “Thank you.”

Akira requested, “Still, we would like an explanation of why a member of Hotel Moscow is hiding out in another reality, as a bartender, for an island resort hotel.”

Melvin said, “Where to begin? Well Akira. And yes. I remember seeing you around town, back then, in Roanapur. Though, at the time, we of Hotel Moscow just thought the gender bending abilities you had were rumors. We don't realize the truth until a few days before the Tower fell. When we found out what Chang was doing.”

Akira thought, 'So, just like in book two, they really didn't know what Chang was doing. And when they did, they turned on Chang.'

Akira asked, “That answers a few questions, for us. So, what are you doing here?”

Melvin smiled, as he casually replied, “Enjoying life.”

Natsuru inquired, “What she means is, why are you not still with Hotel Moscow?”

Melvin said, “I got old. And let us just say the captain's personal tastes finally got the better of her.”

Melvin saw confused looked on the three women's faces.

Melvin rolled his eyes, as he sighed, for a few seconds. He then looked back at the women. He said, “For people with your abilities, you can be slow on the uptake. Do you remember the three women that came in this morning, and talked to you three?”

The three replied, in unison, “Uh huh.”

Natsuru was the first to understand, as she stated, “Oh my. They were russian...”

Akira picked up on where Natsuru was going with her logic, as she began to inquire, “Are you saying?...”

Melvin dropped his smile, as he stated, “Yes. Balalaika turned them all into women. Except for me. And I owe Lee big for helping me today.”

Ranma asked, “Does he know who you are?”

Melvin answered, “No. He is just a great guy who clearly saw I was in trouble, and he helped me out, due the kindness of his heart.” He thought, 'That is close enough to the truth, for these women. Lee covered for me. So, I am going to cover for him.'

Ranma asked, “So, why did the men of Hotel Moscow decide to become women? That is not exactly a choice most men would make.”

Melvin responded, “The answer is simple. We got older. The rest of my comrades wanted more life, and Balalaika made us all an offer. An offer that I soon realized was more like an order. So, I escaped, because I preferred to age gracefully, and remain a man. I was more than willing to give my life as a soldier. But, my manhood is a completely other matter.”

In response to Melvin's comment, Ranma remembered something in her distant past. Soon after she was first cursed to turn into female version of herself. She then started laughing, for a few seconds.

The others adults around Ranma remained silent, as she laughed.

As Ranma calmed down, she said, “I completely understand.”

Melvin smiled, as he said, “I am glad to hear you say that.” He thought, 'It looks like I might be able to salvage this situation.'

Akira thought, 'As crazy as it sounds, I am not surprised that Balalaika pulled that stunt. But, I need to know what we are facing.' She asked, “What exactly was the offer?”

Melvin answered, “It was for that vat process, complete with the gender change, youth restoration, and the super-soldier serum. So, Balalaika now, not only has a badass army. She as a super-soldier badass army.”

Melvin watched as the trio's eyes go wide.

Melvin thought, 'At least they understand the seriousness of the situation.'

While the women forced themselves to calm down, Ranma thought, 'So, Hotel Moscow is now full of super-soldiers. With their skills, equipment, experience, and enhanced physical abilities, they would be a handful for even us.'

'I should know. I sparred with Balalaika a few times, during those bikini parties at Lagoon island. She can hold her own against me, due to her training and the super-soldier serum. Which, is honestly, scary, given the kind of woman she is, and how dangerous she is, before she got the super-soldier serum.'

Ranma said, “So, you have been in hiding from them since you escaped, because you do not want to be killed? Nor, captured, and turned into a woman?”

Melvin answered, “Yes. And I know that all three of you have gender changing abilities. We learned some things about you three, soon after the fall of the Tower. And given the fact that you three can change genders, I still hope you can understand why I wish to remain a man.”

Natsuru stated, “We respect your choice. We do not believe that someone should be forced to live as one gender, nor the other.”

Melvin thought, 'I have a feeling that they are not so much against me being changed into a woman, as they are against someone being forced to be one gender, or the other. But, I will take what I can get. Now, to ask them for this silence.'

Melvin calmly requested, “If you do not mind, I would prefer you to keep these secret from your, friends. Especially Balalaika and Hotel Moscow. I am sure that two-hands and Balalaika still talk with each.”

Akira confirmed, as she stated, “Oh they do regularly talk to each other. So, your concerns are warranted.”

Melvin stated, “As I thought. So, please keep in mind that if word got out among to the rest of your friends of who really am, word will get back to Balalaika, and my former military company members. They will come back for me. And as you already guessed, this will either end with me dead, or captured, brainwashed, to make sure I stay with them. Along with them turning me into a woman.”

Melvin could see that the three women had a sympathetic look towards him.

Akira thought, 'While he likely doesn't know that Yurika, Nodoka, and Mikoto are our daughters. I will speak to Ranma and Natsuru, in our suite, in a little while. And ask them to keep this from our daughters, as well. I believe that will not be an unreasonable request. And they should go for it.'

'Still, we need to smooth things over with Melvin, before we leave here, tonight.'

Akira said, “It would be tempting to give the excuse that being a woman is not that bad. Which it isn't. But, relax Melvin, we will keep your secret.”

Ranma agreed, “Yes. We will.”

Natsuru stated, “You're secret is safe with us.”

The could see Melvin's body language relax a little, as Akira complimented, “Besides, you are a good bartender. And I admire you, in that you don't take crap from anyone. Not even from Revy. Much like Bao use to be.”

Melvin smiled, as he said, “Thank you.” He raised an eyebrow, as he asked, “By the way, whatever happened to Bao?”

Akira answered, “None of us have a clue.”

Melvin stated, “Well, I am starting to understand why Bao was the way he was. How he stayed sane with Revy as a regular customer, I do not know.”

The women giggled, for a few seconds, in response to Melvin's comment.

As the women stopped giggling, Ranma asked, “Anyway, how did you get the nickname, the Blade? I mean you did show some skill against Revy, on our first night here. But, I was wondering about the back story of your abilities.”

Melvin answered, “When I was much younger, and more idiotic, I was with with the Captain... I mean Balalaika, during the Russian-Afghanistan war. And I had to kill sixteen rebels on my own. I killed eight of them with my pistol and combat knife.”

Ranma commented, “Not bad.”

Akira inquired, “As Ranma pointed out. We already saw a sample of why are you called, the Blade. When you dealt with Revy. But, how good are you with a knife? Are we talking Shenhua level good?”

Melvin stated, “Yes. In my prime, which left me long ago. Have you ever seen the Vin Diesal, Riddick movies?”

The three women said, in unison, “Yes.”

Melvin smile turned into a smirk, as he stated, “I was that good in my prime. Now, about you women. I got to ask. Why did you bring this smile army here with you? This clearly isn't a vacation for any of you. Though, this island is a nice place for a vacation. But, you are definitely after someone. Someone you mistook me for. And whomever it is must have done something really bad to tick you women off.”

Akira though, 'We might as well tell him the truth.' She said, “We are after the writer. Someone whom literally wrote some stories about us. We plan to catch him, and have our revenge on him.”

Melvin was confused, as he questioned, “So, he wrote some stories about you. What of it?”

Natsuru explained, “When we said he wrote some stories. We mean that literally. In the sense that the stories he wrote really happened to us. Including you. And a lot of it was not pleasant. Though, us three are not that really that angry. He was nice towards us. But, he did pulled some serious stuff with those from Black Lagoon reality. Do you know what the Black Lagoon series?”

Melvin commented, “Yes. I have seen my home reality's series.”

Melvin thought, 'I will leave out that it was my friend, the police chief of this island, Pedro Del Soto, whom showed me that series. Also, by now, I am sure he knows these women are here at the hotel. And I am sure he has a plan, in case he needs to handle them. Though, I am also sure he does not want these women to know that he knows he they are.'

Natsuru responded, “Okay. That makes our explanation much simpler. Anyway those effected by the writer, from the Black Lagoon reality, are furious with him.”

“Still, it would be easier, if tonight, after you get off, for you to go to your room, and log onto the internet with the laptop we saw in your room. Look up the stories titled, Badasses Of the Multiverse, and start reading. You will soon understand why we are after him.”

Natsuru's voice gained a more serious tone, as she continued, “Be warned. It is a long read. So, it will likely take you a few days to read it. But afterward, I highly suggest that you keep what you learned to yourself. Though, I am sure you are going to chuckle and smile when you see the girls, after reading those stories. But, if you value your life, you will not let them catch you doing so.”

Melvin thought, 'Now, that is a wild concept. I will have to check out that story in a little while. Still, their discretion needs to be rewarded.' He replied, “I will keep that mind. And here.”

Melvin pulled out three bottles of decent, cold beer, and set them on the bar counter, in front of the women.

Each woman took a cold bottle of a good tasting brand of beer.

After all three women had a beer in one of their hands, Ranma looked at Melvin, as she happily stated, “Thanks.”

Melvin turned to Ranma, as he said, “No problem. Now, I am going to close up. So, take the bottles with you. And have good night.”

Natsuru said, “Good night to you to, Melvin.”

Ranma commented, “See you tomorrow.”

Akira said, “Have a pleasant night.”

Melvin then watched the three women turned, and leave the restaurant.

As soon as they were gone from his sight, Melvin then let out a deep breath.

Melvin thought, in relief, 'Now, that is how to dodge a bullet. They know, but they will keep it quiet about my secret. So, I am fine for right now. As Lee stated, I need to play it cool. Though, now I am starting to wonder what is cooking under that mask of coolness that Lee puts on. Also, I need to check out those stories, as soon as possible.'

Melvin then began closing up the restaurant.

(_)

A few minutes later, after Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru, made it to their suites. Akira closed the hallway door, and turned on the lights.

The three women had the bottles of beers in their hands, as Akira looked at Ranma and Natsuru.

Akira said, in japapnese, “Guys. I have a request for you.”

Natsuru and Ranma turned to face Akira.

Natsuru inquired, “Sure. What is it?

Akira stated, “I don't like asking this. But, given how close our daughters our with the Lagoon sisters. We need to keep Melvin's identity a secret from our daughters.”

Natsuru said, in japanese, “I agree. I don't like it. But, experience has taught me that teenage girls are gossips. And while I am sure that our children would not intentionally tell the Lagoon sisters. But, they might. Then, Melvin will be had.”

Ranma commented, in japanese, “I don't like it as well. But, we made a promise. And I see the logic in what you are saying. So, I will keep quiet, as well.”

Akira smiled at her two lovers, as she responded, “Thank you. Now, since it is to late to have some fun tonight. Let's get ready for bed, and get some sleep.” Her smile turned mischievous, as she continued, “Though, we can have fun tomorrow morning.”

Ranma stated, “That sounds like a good idea.”

Natsuru replied, “I like it. We will do something tomorrow morning.”

Akira said, “Good. We then have much to look forward too, when we wake up.”

The three lovers then put there unopened bottles of beer in the fridge, in their suite. They then got ready for bed. After which, they went to sleep on the large bed the three of them shared.

(_)

Twenty minutes later, in the hotel restaurant, Melvin had finished closing up for the night. He then pulled out his pistol from under the bar counter, and tucked it in the back of his pants, under his sweater, by his sheathed combat knife.

He then turned off the lights to the restaurant.

After Melvin walked into the hallway, he turned and used his keys to lock the main hallway doors to the restaurant, behind him. Next, he head to the elevator bay across the lobby.

While Melvin made his way to the elevator bay, he thought, 'Now, to find out what this story is about. With a title of, Badasses Of the Multiverse, this better be interesting.'

(_)

A few minutes later, Melvin made it to his hotel suite.

After entered his bedroom, he turned on a lamp light. He then did a quick check to find that nothing in his room was missing. And that the three women had left his room the way they had found it.

Melvin then sat down in a chair by the table, near the closed curtains, as he opened up his laptop computer, and booted it up.

After Melvin had logged onto his computer account, and typed in his password, he then quickly accessed the hotel wireless internet system.

Next, Melvin used his computer mouse to select his internet browser of choice, to access a search engine. Next, he did search for the story, with him using the laptop's keyboard to type in the phrased, “badasses of the multiverse”.

Melvin soon found the stories. And he began reading the first chapter of book one.

As Melvin did so, he thought, 'So, this story is about Akira. And Akira was inspired to learn to dual wield pistols from watching Revy in the Black Lagoon anime. That makes so much since that is it funny.'

'Also, from what Natsuru said, this actually happened to them. Honestly, this is just one more level of strangeness, to an already crazy life. It is like that old Ricky Martin song, Livin the Crazy Life. Still, this story is kind of funny. Actually, it seems to be very funny.'

Melvin began chuckling, that soon became full laughter, as he nearly laughed his ass off, as he continued reading the stories for the next few hours. Any questions for series that he did not know about, were quickly answered by quick internet searches, and reading the fan sites for those series.

Though, Melvin soon had to go to bed, so he could get up, and resume his daily schedule, and bartending job.

Because of Melvin’s job, it took him five day to finish reading the stories. Off an on, when he was not at work. During his breaks, and when he closed up at night. Though, given those nights were not busy. So, he closed up early those nights. Giving him a few extra hours to read the stories.

But, Melvin only read the stories in the privacy of his own suite. And he logged out of those stories, and shut down his computer, when he left his suite. In case one of the other women of Revy's crew broken in. He did not want them to find out that he knew about the stories.

And while Melvin was still about to make himself keep calm, as Melvin read more and more of the stories, he found it more difficult keeping a straight face in the presence of Revy's crew. Until finally, when he had finished reading all four books, he had to force himself not to laugh out loud, nor smile like a madman, when he saw one, or more of the members of Revy's crew.

But, the stories put Melvin in a good mood. Especially, when he found out that B was Boris.

Presently, it was during the second morning, after Melvin finished reading the Badasses Of the Multiverse stories, it was a sunny morning, as Melvin got finished with his exercises, and he left the roof, to head to his suite.

While Melvin walked down the stairs, in the stairwell, to the top interior floor entrance, he thought, 'After reading those book. I guess it is true. Nobody truly leaves. It is like the song Hotel California. You can check out any time you like. But, you cannot never leave. Though, I guess you can run, like I did. Bwahahahaha!...'

'Still, Boris really does make a hot chick. I never put two and two together, with the Black Lagoon omakes that Pedro showed me. And damn they were all funny. But, it makes so much sense that B and Boris are the same personal. Also, that other omakes, The Melancholy, and Ghost Story, really had me laughing whenever I see them. Watching Balalaika like that is just so funny.'

'No wonder Balalaika ordered us not to watch the Black Lagoon series and omakes. Or, anything related to Black Lagoon. We would have found out that she dating our former sergeant. I may have not put two and two together, but one of us would have.'

'It would have embarrassed her. But, I guess, with the rest of them now women, Balalaika and B already told them who B was. They had probably even seen the series now. Though, I doubt they had seen the omakes.'

'Still, there were other things from the Black Lagoon series that I did not know when they actually happened to us.'

Melvin then made his way out of the stairwell, and through an entrance to hallway of the top floor. He had to use a key to enter the hallway. But, he had one.

As Melvin headed for nearest the elevator bay, he continued his thoughts, 'And at the time, we all thought Balalaika got a temp to do the editing for the porn Hotel Moscow produced. Not that we would have really cared one way, or the other, on the matter. Balalaika is a badass, and a good leader to us. As such, we all respected her. Even if she is a lesbian.'

'Still, it would have been nice to know that B was Boris at the time, so we could have talked to her about past missions and adventures. And about what the hell she was up to while she was gone. Even these stories gloss over a lot of her life, while she was gone.'

'Also, except for Boris, the writer made no indication of taking the manhoods of Hotel Moscow. That is clearly Balalaika's responsibility.'

'And the most important part that everyone seems to be missing is the path we were all on before the stories of these four books started.'

'I will admit, the path we were on in Roanapur would have likely ended badly for most, if not all of us. No matter what. At least this way, my friends and I are still alive.'

'And I have to thank the writer for that.'

'Though, the women, and men to turned women, really don't get it. Sure, the writer put them through hell, but he also gave them a lot back in return for their troubles.'

'And because of all this, I wonder who the writer is? I wonder if I know him? Maybe someday I will find out.'

Melvin then made it to the elevators bay on the top floor, and he hit the down arrow, to take an elevator to the second floor, and his suite, so he could get cleaned up, and dressed, to face the day.

To be continued.

up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

When it Rains, it Pours

Well, so long without any significant multiverse intrusions, and then comes a wave. Granted only two, but they might be harbingers for increased multiverse participation. We find out some secrets, what next, are we going to find out that the bartender at the Rat's Nest is really Bao, and Sam's girl friend is another badass from the multiverse. Very interesting and very fun. Keep up the good work.

I wonder how long it will

I wonder how long it will take before Melvin figures out that Lee is the writer