Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 5: Volume 1: Chapter 05

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse Book 5: “The Gambling Man.”

Volume 1: “De La Plata Podrido.”

Chapter 05: “Day of the Dead: Part One: Day of the Little Angels.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Around a week later, after Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru has drugged Lee, it was November first. On that day, was the Latin American holiday, Day of the Little Angels.

This was the second day, of a three day holiday. The first part was All Hallows Eve, or Halloween. The second part, which was currently happening, was Day of the Little Angels. The third part of the holiday was, the Day of the Dead, on November second.

It was the late morning, in De La Plata Podrido. It was a sunny, cool day.

Given that city of De La Plata Podrido was a tourist city, the city's citizens held a festival in the heart of the city, for the three day holiday.

There were trinket booths, game booths, and other types of booths, various types of food vendors scattered throughout the festival.

On that day, the festival was fairly crowded, with families and tourists, just wanting to having some harmless fun.

Rock and Revy were enjoying festival, together.

Both of them were wearing their usual clothing. And Revy had on her cutlasses, which were holstered under her armpits. Though, given Pedro orders for his men, the police left Revy, Rock, and their friends alone, as long as they did not cause trouble.

As Revy and Rock walked side by side, thought the festival, Revy looked around at the skulls and death motif the booths of festival had. Revy said, “So, this is the festival that Fabiola mentioned.”

Rock looked around, as she stated, “Yes. Yesterday was All Hallows Eve, or Halloween. This is the Day of the Little Angels. Tomorrow is the day of the dead.”

Revy commented, “Interesting. A day for purgatory. A day for heaven. And a day for hell. I like it.”

Rock thought, 'Not exactly. But, it is best not to ruin her mood.' She said, “Something like that.”

Revy responded, “And as small town festivals go, this is not bad.”

Revy then spotted a booth with an older mexican woman, wearing casual clothing, sitting in a comfortable chair, under a large umbrella. The upright sign by the woman, on the ground, to the woman's right side, stated something in spanish, along with listing the price in pesos. And below the spanish text, was english, stating, “Fortunetelling. Five U.S. dollars.”

Revy turned to Rock, as she commented, “Want to get our fortunes read? The sign is in english, as well. So, she likely knows english.”

Rock casually said, “If you want to. I mean looked at our lives. Someone reading the future is kind of tame by comparison.”

Revy agreed, “True. If she is legit. But, I am willing to risk five dollars to find out.”

Rock replied, “Alright. Let's do this.”

The two women then walked over to fortuneteller.

When they reached the fortuneteller, Revy stood to Rock's right side, as the seated woman looked up at the two women. She calmly said, in english, “First, five U.S. dollars, please.”

Revy pulled out some cash, from one of the pockets of her cut-off shorts, and she handed the woman the U.S. five dollars.

After the woman pocketed the money, she requested, “One of you hands, please.”

Revy inquired, “So, you're a palm reader?”

The woman flatly replied, “No. I have to have something to feel for this to work. And I don't do feet. Too smelly. Also, I don't do faces. I cannot stand bad breath.”

The woman's comment, caught Rock by surprised. She thought, 'Now, that is an odd reply. If she was a fake, she would have just said, yes.'

The woman said, “From your weapons, and the demeanor, that you, and your lover, beside you, have, I can tell you both have lead interesting lives. So, let us dispense with that old cliche and move forward. I can guess you want to know about your future?”

Rock asked, “How did you know I was her lover?”

The woman coyly answered, “I am not paid to say how I know what I know. I am paid to tell what I know.”

Revy smirked, as she said, “You got me interested, lady. Let's see what you can do.” Revy held out her right hand. Her hand was open, with her palm facing downward.

The woman used both hands to gently grip Revy's right hand.

The woman then closed her eyes, as she began to gently rub Revy's right hand.

A few seconds later, the woman calmly said, “You are foreigners. More foreign than must would perceive. And you are here for someone. You looking for that someone, because he has wronged you.”

Revy thought, 'Oh, this woman is the read deal. With her help, we might be able to find the writer today. Though, I have to keep my questions vague with her.' She asked, “What can you tell me of the one we are after?”

The fortuneteller kept her eyes closed, as she answered, in a direct tone of voice, “Who you are after, is connected to your near future, and your distant past. You are the broken sparrow that hunts the dead man, whom walks among the living. You hunt a ghost. A shadow of someone whom never was. And as a strong sparrow, you will someday realize that your broken wings will not break your spirit. And should your wings ever fully mend, you will leave the nest, and lose all you have.”

Revy thought, 'Talk about a twisted reading... Oh. Ask a vague question. Get a vague answered.' She inquired, “What does that mean?”

The woman opened her eyes, and looked into Revy's eyes. She let got of Revy's right hand, with Revy letting her right hand drop to her side.

The woman smirked, as she flatly stated, “You know as little about yourself, as you do about the one you hunt. In other words, do some soul searching. When you do, you will soon find the one you hunt.”

Revy thought, 'Now, that is a much better, and more easily understood answer.'

Revy replied, “I just might do that.” She turned to Rock, as she asked, “You want her to read you next?”

Rock thought, 'I think this woman is for real shock. Such as... On second thought, I better not have her do this.' She responded, “Nah. I don't want her to lose her mind.”

The woman said, “That is alright. I appreciated your concern. May you both have a wonderful day.”

Revy said, “You too.”

Rock replied, “Thank you.”

The two loves then walked away from the fortuneteller.

(_)

Elsewhere, at that moment, in another park of the town Plata Podrido, Lee and Sam were walking on the sidewalk, along side of the road, on the sidewalk, with the road to their left side, with Sam to Lee's left side.

The two men were heading from the Devil's Hotel, to the Rats Nest, which was due to open in a little while. They had just entered the outskirts of the town of Plata Podrido, itself. With the Rats Nest bar still a ways off by foot.

While they walked, Lee thought, 'I am glad those cuts on my right forearm have fully healed. There are not even any scabs left. I don't know where those cut came from. Maybe I scratched my arm really bad. But, since I am have no been captured by anyone, I am just chalking up to one more mystery about my life. While, I am thankful I am okay.'

'Still, it is unfortunate that some of the places I usually eat are going to be closed for the next two days, due to the local, Latin American holidays.'

'Lori told me that the Last Resort would be closed for next two days for the holiday. Also, did Eda told me the same thing. That she and Yolanda were going to take a few days off to enjoy the festival.'

'Though, they did say open for October thirty-first, All Hallows Eve. And I am sure both businesses raked in some cash, before they went on break, to enjoy the holidays themselves. So, they will be fine.'

'And I will admit that all of them could use a break. At least Eda and Yolanda will not be looking for me, if they are enjoying the festival.'

'Though, I am happy that the Rats Nest, and Devil's Hotel Restaurant will still be open for the next two days.'

'Speaking of which. The look on the Rats Nest bartender's face, when I told her I had slept with Eda was priceless. She laughed for a solid minute. She then gave Sam and I, each a cold bottle of beer on the house.'

'Also, Chief Del Soto told me last night, that I did not have to meet with him for the next two days, which was fine with, me. Fortunately, it had been a quite week.'

'Yet. I am still trying to still figure out how to approach the girls in a manner that I could steal one of their reality devices. I am continue draw a blank. Every plan I come up with ends up with me dead, or worse.'

'I might as well think about something else. Like Sam's plans for the next two days. And I would like to go to that festival. While it was Halloween yesterday, that was more of a children's holiday. And I just did my usual schedule yesterday. From what I read, today and tomorrow being more adult oriented holidays.'

'I am glad I researched these holidays on the web, after I read in the Black Lagoon mange, of Fabiola mentioned the Festival of the Dead. And I learned saw her mention the same festival in the Black Lagoon anime, at the beginning of episode twenty-nine, Codename Paradise, Status MIA.'

'And speaking of the festival. I would like to go to the one in town, today. Now, to ask if Sam wants to join me.'

The two men continued walking, side by side. Lee turned to Sam, as he casually asked, “Sam, do you feel like going to the festival, today?

Sam turned to Lee, as he answered, “Unfortunately, I cannot. And I have plans for both today, and tomorrow.”

Lee inquired, “Really?”

Sam responded, “Yea. Sorry to bring this up on you, on short notice. But today, my girlfriend came to town. And I am going to visit her for a few hours, after lunch. And tomorrow, I am spending the day with her. I will be with you for breakfast. Then, you are on you own for that day.”

Lee replied, “That is alright. I hope you have fun.”

Lee mentally reflected, 'Sam, and I have come to an understanding. I don't dig into his life. He doesn't dig into mine. And by not doing so, Sam unknowingly offers me an alibi, and cover from the women after me. And I enjoy his company. But, if he wants some private time with his girlfriend. That is find with me. I will not even ask to meet his girlfriend, because I respect his privacy. Like he does mine.'

Sam said, “Thank you. I hope you have fun today, and tomorrow, as well.”

Lee and Sam then saw two people turned the corner of a building, to their right side, and start walking down the sidewalk they were on, towards them.

At the moment, the two people were six feet away from Lee and Sam.

As the two other people got closer, Lee and Sam saw that the two people were two younger girls. One was a hispanic girl in her late teens, whom had fair skin and short blond hair. The other person was a six year old caucasian girl with short brown hair. The brown haired girl was slightly staggering, as she and the blond haired girl were walking together, side by side. The brown haired girl was to blond haired girl's left side, with the street to blond haired girl's right side.

The teenage girl was to the six year old girl's right side.

When the two girls came within thirty feet from the two men, both men overheard the conversation between the two girls, which was in english.

The blond girl said, “Listen. you're drunk. Let us go back to our hotel room, so you can work this out of your system.”

The younger girl slurred her speak, as she stated, “Nah. I am fine. Besides, what does it matter. I cannot go home like this.”

The blond tried to comfort her friend, as she commented, “Trust me. We will figure something out. But first, we need to get you sober.”

As the two groups got within got within twenty feet of each other, the young girl's eyes and Lee's eyes met. The girl immediately went berserk, as she scream, “It's you!”

Before Lee could react, the girl suddenly charged at Lee. With the girl bridging the gap between them with frightening speed. When she reached Lee, she punched him in the groin. Next, she did a spinning kick to the back of his knees, dropping him to the concrete sidewalk. Finally, she did a single stomp on his stomach before Sam could grab her from behind, around her waist, and lift her away from Lee.

Lee was in so much pain that his vision was fading in and out, but he could still hear what was going on, and he could still reason and think fine.

Lee heard Sam strongly stated, in a firm, even tone of voice, “That is enough.”

The younger girl screamed, “Let me go! Let me go!”

By then, Lee could not clearly see with his eye, his vision had returned to the point he could see, and make out shapes, and colors.

Lee saw that Sam had picked up the girl by her waist, and held her in the air.

As Lee's vision when started to fade for a few seconds, he saw, whom he guessed was the teenage blond girl, who was just a yellow blur to his eyes at the moment, approach Sam, and the younger girl. Both of whom were also blurs to him.

Lee's vision came back a little, with things being blurry, but he could make out shapes again, He saw that Sam let the girl down on the ground, as the blond girl immediately grabbed the young girl's right wrist, with her left hand and the teenager dragged the girl away from Sam, and himself.

When the blond teenage was ten feet away, with the younger girl, she stopped walking. She turned and looked down at the to the younger girl. She sternly said, like a mother speaking to her child, “Stop this right now. Given our situation, do you really want to get the police's attention?”

The younger girl immediately stopped struggling, as she weakly said, “No.”

The blond replied, “Good.”

The blond girl turned to Sam and Lee, as she apologized, “I am apologize about all this. Usually, she is very nice. But, she misread a bottle of alcohol, we bought, thinking it was fruit juice. And she drank some of it. To be fair, the drink did taste like fruit juice. And given her size, she became easily drunk.”

Sam said, “Things like this happen. Just, please get her out of here.”

The blond girl quickly lead the younger girl away from the men, by the younger girl's wrist. With the two girls soon turned back around the corner, they had came from.

By then, Lee's vision had almost fully returned, but he was still in a lot of pain.

Lee sat up, as he groaned, “Did I just get my ass kicked by a drunk, six year old girl?”

Sam held back a snicker, as he answered, “It appears so.”

Lee commented, “The hard part about this to admit that she looked so cute when she did it.”

Sam could no longer hold in his mirth any longer, as he laughed.

Lee requested, “Sam, please help me up, and me back to the hotel.”

Sam made himself stop laughing, as he replied, “Sure.”

Sam then helped Lee stand up. Then, as they stood side by side, with Lee to Sam's right side, Sam put his right arm under Lee's right armpit, as he helped him up. Next, Lee put his left arm over Sam's left shoulder to steady himself.

Lee all but begged, in a pleading tone of voice, “And Sam, please don't tell the girls about this. If they learn about this, I would never live it down.”

Sam replied, “Don't worry, buddy. I won't.”

Lee thought, with joy, 'He called me buddy. He really does consider me his friend.'

As the men began their walk to the Devil's Hotel, Lee commented, in a slight groan, due to the physical pain he was still feeling, “My instincts tell me that I probably deserved that. But, I cannot place who they are, or why they would be upset with me. It is really sad when a person has done so many horrible things that they have forgotten a number of them. Even if that person didn't realize they were horrible when he committed them.”

Sam responded, in a comforting tone of voice, “You are not a horrible person, Lee. Just a person that has clearly made a few mistakes.”

Lee replied, “Thanks for the vote of confidence.”

Sam commented, “Look on the bright side. We are still not that far from the Devil Hotel. We will be there, before you know it. Then, you can rest.”

Lee joked, “That is why I am not asking you to carry me.”

Sam chuckled a little at Lee's joke, as he continued to help his friend to the hotel they were staying at.

(_)

Ten minutes later, Sam and Lee reached the Devil's Hotel.

As they entered the hotel, from the front entrance, with Lee hobbling through the front lobby, heading for the elevators. They passed by Aeryn and Violin. With Aeryn heading for the game room of the hotel. While, Violin was heading to do their laundry.

Both women were wearing casual clothing.

As the two women stopped to look at the two men, Violin commented, “Damn, boy. What happened to you?”

Sam and Lee stopped in their tracks, as they looked at the two women.

Lee omitted the age, and the gender, of his attacker, as he honestly answered, “I got jumped by an angry drunk that likes to fight dirty. But, I will be fine.”

Sam and Lee then turned and walked toward away from Aeryn and Violin, and towards the front elevator bays, to the right side of the front lobby.

Meanwhile, Aeryn and Violin turned, and continued on their way.

The two men soon made it to the elevator bay. Three minutes afterward that, they made it to Lee's hotel suite, on the third floor.

Lee unlocked the door, and Sam helped Lee to his bed.

As Lee laid down on his bed, on his back, in the darkness, with the only lighting coming from the ambient daylight light from another the curtains of the room. Sam looked down at him.

Sam asked, “Are you going to be alright?”

Lee groaned, “Now, that I am in my room. I will be fine. I should be up, and moving around, in a few hours.”

Sam stated, “Good. I got other things I can do today. I will see you around, Lee.”

Lee said, “You to, Sam. And thanks for the help.”

Sam commented, “That is what friends are for.”

Lee stated, “Yea. And you would the first I had ever had.”

Sam was quiet for a few seconds, before he responded, “Well, I am honored to be your first then.”

Lee said, “I appreciate that. And see you.”

Sam replied, “You as well.”

Sam then turned around and left Lee's room. He shut the door behind him. With the knob lock on the door automatically locking behind Sam.

Meanwhile, Lee just laid in bed, as he rested and recovered from his attack.

(_)

An hour and a half later, in one of the ground floor hallways, in the back of the hotel, nearby the beach, on the restaurant side of the hotel, Violin was walking towards the hotel restaurant. The location was by the auxiliary elevator bay, in the left, back corner of the hotel.

Aeryn and Violin's hotel room, was on that side of the building, facing the beach, with them on the tenth floor. Though, they used the lobby elevators more often than the auxiliary elevators.

Violin had just come from that elevator bay, as she headed down the hallway, towards the hotel restaurant.

This week, it was Violin's turn to do the laundry for Aeryn, and herself. After breakfast, and a little fun, Violin headed to do the get their dirty clothes from their suite, while Aeryn entertainment herself.

Violin then took their clothes, in a small basket, to the hotel laundromat. When Violin was finished, she took back up to their suite, separated them, folded them, and put away their clothing in their suites chest of drawer.

When Violin had finished, she saw on digital clock, by their bed, that it was about time to meet Aeryn for lunch at the hotel restaurant.

Violin had decided to take the back way to the hotel restaurant, and she rode an elevator from the auxiliary elevator down to the ground floor.

Violin was wearing casual clothing, which consisted of pants, a shirt, tennis shoes, among other things.

When Violin came within sight of the door the hotel restaurant, she saw that the five Lagoon sisters, and the three trio sisters were approaching her, from the direction of the restaurant entrance.

The eight women did not have their weapons on them, and they were dressed in their casual clothing.

Violin also noted there was no one else around.

Violin grimly thought, 'This cannot be good.'

Violin and eight teenage women, came to a stop ten feet from each other.

Violin then took a good hard look at them. The Lagoon sisters were standing to her left, with the trio sisters to her right.

Violin remained silent, as she thought, 'From their body language and facial expressions, they are clearly spoiling for a fight. They might take offense at anything I say. So, I will remain silent. Yet. They know how powerful I am. I could take them all on, and likely win. Not that I want to fight them, to begin with.'

As the teenage girls look at Violin, Rebecca stated, in an immature tone of voice, “Well, what do we have here?”

Kristina said, in an insincere tone of voice, “Looks like a, little girl lost, situation, to me.”

Violin thought, 'Just as I thought. They are baiting me. Let's get this over with.' She said, in a firm tone of voice, “I am not in the mood for this, girls.”

Molly flatly stated, “Well, tough. Because we are going to have a talk with you, about a few things.”

Violin inquired, “About what?”

Mikoto answered, for their group, “Well, our main problem is that you think your old enough to sit with the adults, at the big table.”

Violin thought, 'This is not good. They are likely trying to goad me into a fight, to have Aeryn, and I thrown out of our team. But, this won't work. Still, I have to try to defuse this situation.' She commented, “Given what most of us have been through. I think age is a subjective term.”

Sarah calmly said, “No. It isn't. There is a pecking order in such matters. And you broke through the line, and cut your way to the front.”

Violin thought, 'Oh. I know, now. They're jealous of me. I don't believe this. And not just the Lagoon sisters.'

Violin turned to the trio sisters, as she stated, “I could expect from the Lagoon sisters, but Mikoto, I thought you, Nodoka, and Yurika had more self-respect than to try something like this.”

Nodoka commented, “Maybe you do not know us as well as you think.”

Violin admitted, “Probably. So, what is the problem?”

Yukio said, “The problem is the way you act?”

Violin inquired, “How so?”

Yurika stated, “You act like an adult. And they treat you like an adult.”

Violin pointed out, “That is because I am an adult. And so are you. You are all at least eighteen, and adults, as well.”

Kristina said, “That is now what we are talking about. Somehow you have gained the respect of our parents. That we find annoying.”

Violin stated, “That is because I am not their kid. I am able to prove my worth to them, And I remember the experiences of my previous life.”

Molly replied, “My sisters, and I, are also reincarnated.”

Violin flatly responded, “I have not forgotten that fact.”

Molly commented, “Even so, we also remember our previous lives... Well, except for Yukio and Rebecca, for understandable reasons.”

Violin thought, 'I am not going to touch those two previous lives with a ten foot pole. Though, the others are fair game.' She said, “Yes. I realize this, as well.”

Nodoka whisper to her two sisters, “I am so happy we don't have to remember, and deal with previous lives.”

Mikoto and Yurika nodded in agreement.

A second later, while not looking in trio sisters direction, Violin said, “We heard that.”

Molly commented, “Yes. We heard that.”

This caused Nodoka, Mikoto, and Yurika to tense up for a few seconds.

Violin thought, 'I think we made our point. And I need to keep this conversation moving.' She turned to the Lagoon sisters, as she stated, “I know about your previous lives. And if you want to play this game. Fine. I was never a lunatic killer.”

Molly retorted, “No. Instead, you threatened to destroy an entire reality, over the welfare of your wife and child, whom you loved. When it comes to crime, we are amateurs compared to you, John.”

Violin casually admitted, “You have me there. Still, it is nice that we are not held responsible for the actions of our previous lives.”

The Lagoon girls nodded in agreement.

Molly agreed, “True.”

Sarah stated, “But, you went back to your old life, Violin.”

Violin said, “Yes. I did.”

Kristina asked, “Why?”

Violin answered, “Because, I had the opportunity to continue that life, which I happened to enjoy. And I did not want to tell you guys this, but I guess I am going to have to. While it was only several months for you Lagoon girls, living in another reality...”

Violin then turned to the trio, as she continued, “And only a few months for you three, as you travel the realities with your parents. Since you all chased Stan and Lewis across the multiverse.”

Violin looked back at the Lagoon sisters, as she went onto say, “It has been a lot longer for some of me, and both my families. I only look a few years older. But in truth, it has been twenty-two years since the last time you saw me. And it is my Ixioran Altairian alien heritage that has kept me young. Aeryn does not show that much age either, because she is Sebacean, and they age very slowly, as well.”

“I was with Aeryn, as we helped raise our son, Little D, to adulthood. I also helped my mother and step-father raise my half-brother, Yuuichi, to adulthood, as well. Both my son and brother are good friends, and they have started a thriving business together. We are all very proud of both of them. So, I am adult, many years older than any of you, in anyway you can think of.”

“As such, I deserve to have a seat at the big table.”

Violin turned her voice chilly, as she warned, “And I do not think you want to become violent with me. You know how powerful my mother, Birdy is. Well, I am almost as strong, as fast, as tough, and enduring in stamina, as my mother is. And if even you beat me. You will have to face my wife. And that is not counting the rest of my family. And I can assure you, when Aeryn is on the warpath, she makes Roberta look tame in comparison.”

“So, if you don't like me. Fine. This is not a teenage drama. We can simply agree not to have anything to do with each other. Like adults should do. Now, I am going to meet my wife for lunch. Good day, ladies.”

Violin's speech stunned the teenagers.

Violin used the opportunity to walk passed them, and down the hallway.

The teenagers turn to looked at Violin. They soon as the dark blue haired woman walk into the hotel restaurant, to join her wife for something to eat.

The teenagers then looked back at each other.

Sarah asked, “So, what do we do now?”

Molly inquired, “I was wondering. Do any of you feel like baking?”

Nodoka asked, “What do you mean?”

Molly used her right hand to pull out a clear plastic bag from her right side pants pocket. The bag was full of weed. She stated, “Pot brownies. I got the weed from a quality supplier I personally know in another reality, where it is legal.”

Yukio questioned, “What is the occasion?”

Molly smirked, as she answered, “Didn't you hear? It is a holiday, today. So, you guys want to help?

The other six teenage girl nodded, or shrugged, in agreement.

Rebecca suggested, “And we can share them with the others in the hotel bar.”

Molly complimented, “Great idea.”

Kristina inquired, “But, should we tell the others what we are serving them?”

The other seven teenagers look at each other. Then, the other seven said, almost in unison, “Nah.”

Sarah asked, “Now, where do we find a place to bake this stuff?”

With her left hand, Molly pulled out her reality device from her left side pants pocket. She stated, “We will cook these things back home. We will head over there, about an hour after we first left the island, to come to this reality. It will take about an hour and a half to prepare and bake the brownies. And another hour and a half for the brownies to properly cool. But, for those here, we will only be gone for a few minutes.”

Kristina said, “Sounds. I like great idea. And we will make sure we leave everything turned off when we are done. Now, let's find a quiet place to travel back home, in private.”

Yurika suggested, “How about we head up to one of our suites, and jump there?”

Molly complimented, “Intelligent thinking, Yurika. Now, let's go have some fun.”

The eight girls smiled, as they headed for the auxiliary elevator bays, and up a few floors, to where their rooms were located beside each other.

(_)

Thirty minutes later, the eight teenager girls, walked into the Devil's Hotel restaurant. Molly and Sarah were each holding up to silver platter, with a silver, dome shaped lids on top of their platters.

The teenagers looked around, and saw that their parents, and friends, were sitting in two, six chair tables, in the back right side of the room, in front of the stage.

There were other customers near the front of the bar, and at the bar counter.

At one table sat, Rock, Revy, Akira, Natsuru, and Ranma. In the other table sat, Violin, Aeryn, Lotton, Sawyer, and Shenhua.

The two tables were beside each other, and from the direction of those in the chairs the women were sitting in, the teenagers could tell that all ten adult women were talking to each other.

And from their empty plates and nearly empty glasses, and bottles, by the women, they could women had just finished their lunches.

Molly thought, 'Perfect. They have finished lunch. And they are ready for our desert. We will even let Violin and Aeryn have some, as a peace offering. After thinking about what Violin said. She is right. This is not a teenage drama. We are all adults. And we should let bygones be bygones.'

Molly said, “Let Sarah, and I take lead.”

The other girls did as requested.

Molly and Sarah took lead, as the eight teenagers walked across the room, to meet with their friends and family.

While the teenagers were walking towards the group, the overhead Revy say, “That festival they have here was okay. With some interesting people manning the booths...”

As they reached the ten sitting women, the women stopped talking, and turned to look at the teenagers gathered in front of them, opposite to the stage, on the other side of their tables.

Rock asked, “What do you have there, girls?”

Molly said, “We thought you might care for some desert.”

Molly set her platter in the center of the table where Rock, Revy, Ranma, Akira, and Natsuru were seated at. Sarah placed her platter in the center of the table where Violin, Aeryn, Lotton, Sawyer, and Shenhua were sitting at.

Molly and Sarah both lifted the silver, dome shaped, lids from their platter to reveal that each of the platters had pre-cut, square brownies, stacked on top of each other, like a pyramid. Each brownie was square shaped, and was two inches wide and long, and an inch thick.

Molly and Sarah then set the silver lids onto a nearby, empty table.

Revy was the first to pick up one of the brownies. She took a small bite, to taste it. After she chewed, and swallowed her bite, she smiled. She looked up at Molly and the other teenagers, as she asked, “Hmm. This is good. It's Dutch's recipe. So, I take it there is weed in this?”

Molly didn't even bother denying that fact, as she answered, “Yes. After eating a few of these, you will be stoned in a little while.”

Revy continued to smile, as she said, “I could use some relaxation.” She then took another larger bite of her brownies, and swallowed it.

Over on the other table, Lotton took one of the brownies, as she said, “I actually remember eating some of these brownies at a bikini party. They were good. And the after effects were good, as well.”

Sawyer took one as well, while she agreed, “You are right about that.”

Shenhua grabbed one, as she said, “When I get stoned, I think of Leigharch.”

Lotton commented, “Yea. We never did find out what happened to him. He just disappeared, after he escaped from that insane asylum. If we had found him, he, or she, might be with us, right now.”

Shenhua replied, “True. But, at least we know he came back from Mars.” She then giggled a little.

Sawyer took her first bite, and swallowed. She then theorized, “May he hooked up with someone, and is jumping realities. And we might someday run into him.” Lotton and Shenhua looked over at her. She shrugged, as she replied, “We can always hope.”

At the other table, Ranma then picked up a brownie, as she stated, “I could use a laugh.”

Akira did so as well, while she commented, “So, could I.”

Natsuru grabbed a brownie, as she joked, “Well here is to peer pressure.”

Nearby, Violin and Aeryn did not touch the brownies, as they turned to look at the teenage girls. Violin commented, “I don't see you girls grabbing any of them.”

Molly leaned over and picked on up, at the table Rock and Revy were at. She then took a bite up it, chewed it, and swallow it. She said, “See... And sorry about earlier. Think of this as a peace offering.”

Violin cracked a grin, as she replied, “Apology accepted.”

Aeryn just shrugged.

Both women then turned their attention back to the brownies on the table.

Meanwhile, Rock thought, 'What a minute, Aeryn is an alien, and Violin is part alien.' Rock turned to the other table, as she inquired, “Aeryn, Violin, is it safe for you two to eat this food, given your... Unique physiology?”

Aeryn and Violin turned to look at Rock. Aeryn answered, “Yes. I have had these... Chemicals before. They effect me in the same way as they do you.”

Violin commented, “Same here. We will be fine.”

The spouses then turned to the brownies at their table, and they each grabbed a brownie.

As Revy reached for her second brownie, she noticed that her children, and their friends were just standing there. She turned to the teenager adults, as she said, “Well girls, get yourselves a couple of these sweets. You made them. You should have some of them.”

Rebecca said, “Thanks mom.”

Except for Molly, whom had a browning, the other seven teenagers each got a brownie. After which, they sat down in a couple of tables nearby where the other women were sitting. With them turning their chairs to face the ten other women.

After the teenagers sat down, Revy turned back to the others, as her table, as she continued what she was saying, before the girls came into the room. She stated, “Alright. At I was saying. The festival in town was not that bad. Rock and I have been to better, but it okay.”

Rock agreed, “Revy is right about that.”

Revy commented, “Now, I will tell you about this interesting, no nonsense fortuneteller, we met at the festival. And I think she was legit...”

Revy then continued her story about the prophesy that the fortuneteller gave her.

(_)

At the bar counter, one of the waitresses walked up to Melvin, whom was standing behind the counter. She was the to ask Melvin about the women by the stage.

The waitress saw that Melvin was looking at the women by the stage. She asked, “Do you want us to do something about this? They are bringing in food, and I think they are pot brownies.”

Melvin continued to look at the group of women by the stated, as he answered, in a serious tone of voice, “No. That group is just walking trouble. And it is a holiday, yesterday, today, and tomorrow, which is an excuse to make trouble. If they want to get stoned. Let them. I will keep them out of trouble, and they will likely order more food from us. And I will take the heat if there is a problem.”

The waitress said, “I will let the other waitresses know.”

Melvin turned to the waitress, as he replied, “Thank you.”

The waitress walked turned and walked away, to deal with her more same customers, whom were closer to the entrance of the hotel restaurant, and away from the women having the open pot brownie party.

Meanwhile, when back to serving his customers at the bar counter, while he kept an occasionally eye on what Revy, Rock, and their group were doing.

(_)

Ten minutes later, Lee walked into the hotel restaurant.

Lee was walking normally, as he made his way to the bar counter. He thought, 'Well, I seem to have mostly recovered from that pint-sized pounding. I am a little sore, but I will be fine in a few hours. I don't even have any bruising. I will just count myself lucky. Now, to get some lunch.'

While he continued towards the bar counter, he saw that the Revy and Rock's crew were all assembled in the back of the restaurant, having some sort of party.

Lee thought, 'It makes sense, considering it is a holiday, after all. I hope they have fun. Because, I am not in the mood to play mind games, right now.'

Lee then made it to the bar counter, near the entrance to the hotel restaurant.

As Lee sat down in a stool, Melvin walked over to him.

Lee looked up at the bartender, as he said, “Give me a few minutes to think about what I want.”

Melvin replied, “Okay.” He then went to check on his other customers.

(_)

Across the room by the stage, Violin was the first to notice that Lee, had walked into the restaurant and sat at the bar counter. She said, “Lee is back on his feet.”

Aeryn looked over at Lee, as she commented, “That was quick.”

Rock asked, “What happened?”

Aeryn stated, “He was attacked by a drunk. Sam had to help him back to the hotel.”

Revy commented, “That is always a risk when you got to a bar.”

Molly thought, 'Ever sense that night at the Rats Nest, Lee has shown to have some intelligence. And the fact that he slept with Eda shows he has a cunning side. In getting a beautiful woman like that to sleep with him. So, I want to see what he is like, when he is relaxed.'

Molly then got up from her seat.

Kristina turned to Molly, as she asked, “Where are you going?”

Molly turned to her sister, as she answered, “I am going to walk over to Lee, and invite him over. And offer him some of my brownies. Is that okay with you?”

Kristina replied, “Sure.”

Molly looked over at her parents, and their friends, as she inquired, “Are you okay with this?”

Revy shrugged, as she replied, “That is fine with me.”

Rock stated, “Lee knows his manners.”

Lotton, Shenhua, and Sawyer nodded in agreement.

Sawyer said, “The last time we got involved with him was very entertaining. So, sure. Bring him over.”

Aeryn stated, “I see no problem with that.”

Violin commented, “As long as he behaves, I could care less, either way.”

Molly noticed that Akira, Ranma, and Natsuru was suspiciously quiet, as they looked at her.

Ranma asked, “But, should we let him eat some of the brownies?”

Molly thought, 'I wonder why you are asking? Still, I have a nice reply for you.' Molly pointed out, “If we don't, he would ask questions. He would likely be offended. And he has been polite to us. Besides, he is so uptight, that he needs to relax some.”

She mentally reflected, 'Try to beat that, Ranma.'

Ranma thought, 'After Lee's psychotic break last week, I am not sure it is wise to get him stoned. Still, he has had a rough day. And he is so uptight, that mellowing him out would be a good thing. And we can restraint him, if need be.'

Ranma conceded, “True. We will just have to watch him. In case he has a bad reaction.”

Natsuru commented, “We will just have to be watchful of the situation.” She thought, 'If we have a repeat situation with Lee. We will just keep him from harming himself, or others.'

Akira said, “Yes. We will just have to be careful.” She mentally added, 'With Lee.'

Ranma stated, “And if Lee has a bad reaction, we will just restrain him. But, not harm him. And we won't hold what he does while stoned, against him.”

Molly agreed, “That is fine with me. And let's not tell Lee what is in the brownies. Is will be more fun when he finds out on his own.”

Ranma shrugged, as she replied, “Okay.” She thought, 'If he did know they are pot brownies, he will likely not eat them. And Molly is right. He does need to relax some.'

Most of the other women nodded, or shrugged, in agreement.

Molly then turned, and walked over to the bar counter.

(_)

A few seconds later, at the bar counter, Lee was about to give his Melvin his lunch order, from across the bar counter, when he heard a women's voice say, “Hello Lee.”

Melvin looked over Lee's shoulder, from where the voice came from. As Lee turned towards the female voice, as well.

Lee and Melvin saw that it was Molly.

Molly said, “We are having a party, and we would like to invite you to come over and join us.”

Lee thought, 'Oh great. I got no choice but to say, yes. Saying, no, to that many pretty women, especially dangerous, crazy women, is too risky. Tragically, this is the first time a girl has ever invited me to a party. I would have come with her, anyway. But, Melvin has been here the entire time. I want to see what he has to say before I go over there.'

Lee looked over at Melvin, while raising an eyebrow.

Melvin noticed Lee looking at him. Melvin thought, 'If I warn him about the pot brownies, it will pissed off the girls. But, as it is. He always is on his toes. So, he should be fine.”

Melvin cryptically said, “Go over there. They are not in any mood to harm anyone.”

Lee nodded. He then turned around to face Molly, as he answered, “Sure.”

Molly thought, 'Lee is more intelligent than I gave him credit for. He looked over at Melvin first, whom has been here, to gauge the situation. Then, he answered me. Very shrewd.'

Lee then got up from his seat, and walk with Molly, over towards the stage, and where the girls were sitting down.

After they approached the women, Molly sat down in her seat.

Lee noticed Akira offer a seat between her and Revy.

Lee thought, 'The pride wants to be playful. I might as well play. Upsetting them would be the last thing I want.'

Lee then sat down between Akira and Revy.

Violin turned to Lee, as she asked, “So, how are you doing?”

Lee turned to Violin and Aery, as he answered, “Better than I was earlier.”

Aeryn commented, “You were definitely not feeling well, earlier.”

Lee replied, “And I recovered.”

Revy asked, “Where is Sam?”

Lee looked over at Revy, as she stated, “He said he had errands to run. And I didn't ask any questions.”

Revy complimented, “Smart man.”

Molly suggested, “Have a brownie, Lee. They are homemade.”

Lee saw that all of the women were eating the brownies. He mentally guessed, 'Well, the girls are eating them. So, I guess they are safe.'

Lee then reached over and picked up one of the brownies in the silver platter in the middle of the table he was sitting at, and he picked up brownie in his right hand.

The women then watched take a small bite, chews and taste the brownie for a few seconds. He then swollowed a the piece of brownie in his mouth.

The woman all knew better than to react to Lee eating the brownie, and instead they acted casually.

Lee thought, 'These are pretty good. I have never had brownies that tasted like this before. I think after I finish this one, I will have more. I better compliment them.'

Lee said, “This are pretty good brownies.”

Molly happily replied, “Thank you.”

The women then continued their party, with Lee in attendance.

(_)

Across the room, Melvin watched Lee eat one of the brownies. He thought, 'Chances are Lee probably has never had pot before. And he does know how to recognize it. Well, what is done, is done. I just have to hope he doesn't get himself killed. Though, given it is a pot parties, in a little a while, none of them will be in the mood for violence. So, Lee should be fine.'

Melvin then went back to serving his customers, at the bar counter, and fixing mixed drinks, for the customers in the room.

(_)

Two hours later, Sam had finished visiting his girlfriend, and he felt he needed to go check on Lee. And he guessed that Lee was still at the hotel, recovering from his earlier attack.

Sam hadn't had lunch yet, so he felt going back to the Devil's Hotel was a good excuse to do both.

As Sam walked into the Devil's Hotel Restaurant, he saw something that he thought he would never see in his entire life.

Lee was sitting at a table, in the back of the room, facing the front wall of the restaurant, with his feet propped up on the table, giggling. He did this while sitting beside, Revy and Akira, in the middle of the other women around him. And all of them were happy for some reason.

Sam thought, with concern, 'Did hell freeze over while I was gone? Because there is something is seriously wrong with this situation.'

Sam looked over at Melvin, whom was looking at Sam.

Melvin just shrugged his shoulders.

Sam turned back to the group, as he thought, 'I see that Melvin is not going to be any help in this situation. Not that I blame him. He is sane. He knows better than to create problems with those women.'

Then, Sam heard what Lee was saying something, which was part of conversation that he had just walked into.

Lee explained, “Girls, it is like what is stated in the ancient writings found in sanskrit. The word, I, denotes just the soul. While the word, me, denotes the mind, body, and soul, as one unit. That is the difference.”

“Then, there is Plato's Parable of the Cave. Truly groundbreaking in its concept. Next, there is Zhuang's concept of the man and the butterfly. With him using dreams as a medium in the concept of transformation. It was brilliant. Finally, Archimedes stated that with a large enough fulcrum, he could move the world. And what greater fulcrum is there than one's imagination.”

Sam's jaw dropped, as he thought, 'I didn't know that Lee was a philosopher. But, the question is why is he acting this way? I need to find out. And I need to do so, now.'

Sam collective himself, as he walked over to the women.

When Sam reached Lee and the women, he was standing by the table Lee was sitting him. All four of the tables other women stopped their conversations, as they turned to look at Sam.

Lee then looked up at Sam. Lee smiled, as he casually said, “Hi Sam. I hope you had fun on your... Ah... Errands.”

Sam maintained a relaxed stance, as he looked at Lee. He said, in a calm tone of voice, “As much as could be expected. So, what is going on here?” He mentally added, 'Thank you, Lee. For still having enough sense to not mention I have a girlfriend, in front of these lunatics.'

Lee replied, while grinning ear to ear, “Just having some fun with some pretty women.”

The women all laughed at Lee's commented.

As the laughter died down, Sam saw Sarah stand up from her chair, by her sisters. She then walked over to the table that Lee was sitting at. She leaned over, and picked one of a handful of brownies still left on that platter.

Sarah then walked over to Sam with the brownies.

While smiling, Sarah said, in sickeningly sweet tone of voice, that did not fool Sam in the least, “Here. Have one.”

Sam took the brownie in his right hand. After which, Sarah walked back over to the chair she had been sitting in. She then sat back down into that chair.

Sam looked at the brownie in his right hand, for a few seconds. He then pinched off a bit of the browning with his left thumb and index finger, and put that small piece in his mouth.

Sam then tasted the brownie for a few seconds.

Sam immediately realized, as he thought, 'Weed... these are pot brownies.'

Sam spit out the piece of brownie that was in his mouth, and onto the floor, while he set the rest of the brownie on the table that Lee was at.

Sam then took a hard look at Lee, and the twenty-one women he was with.

Sam mentally realized, 'They are all stoned. I need to get Lee out of here, before he gets himself into trouble. The women are just too dangerous and unpredictable to leave Lee alone with.'

Sam turned to Lee, as he firmly ordered, “Lee, we are getting out of here.”

Revy said, “Ah, come on, Sam. Stay, and join the party.”

Sam looked over at Revy, as he said, “I have been to parties like this. They never go anywhere. Just a lot of laughter, but nothing else. It is a pure tease.”

Rock looked over at Revy, as she said, “He has got you there, Revy.”

Fortunately, Revy was not in the mood to get upset. She looked over at Rock, and she just shrugged her shoulders.

Lee looked up at Sam, while he smile. He flatly asked, “Why should I leave, when I am having so much fun?”

Sam thought, 'I need to see how much he knows about pot.' He inquired, “Lee, have you ever done weed before? Pot before?”

Lee answered, “No. Why?”

Sam responded, “Because, you just did. You are stoned, Lee. Very stoned.”

Lee replied, with denial in his tone of voice, “I am not stoned.”

The women laughed, for a few seconds. Ranma then turned to Lee, as she stated, “Yes, Lee. You are stoned. We are all stoned.”

Everyone then went quiet for a few seconds. As they waited to see how Lee would react.

Lee look then look at those around him, as he said, “I should be angry for all of you drugging me. But, I am just to damn happy to be angry. Cheech and Chong were right. I can see that being stoned truly is a way of life.”

In response to Lee's comment, the women laughed again, for a few seconds.

As everyone settled back down, Sam said, to Lee, “Come on, Lee. I will take you to your suite, and stay with you. This stuff should wear off in a few hours. Until then, we will watch some TV.”

Lee quietly said, “Okay.”

Lee set his feet off the table, and onto the floor. He then got up from the chair he was sitting in. And he walked behind Akira, and around the table, over to Sam, with Sam to Lee's right side.

Sam did not say anything to the women, as he put his left arm over Lee's right shoulder.

Sam then turned Lee around, to where Lee was facing the entrance of the room, with Lee's back to the women. While Sam was to Lee's left side. After which, Sam escorted his stoned friend out of the hotel restaurant, and to Lee's suite.

(_)

Around four hours later, in Lee's suite, the bedroom lamp on the nightstand by the bed, and TV, were on, with the curtains closed, as Sam sat with Lee, while the pot slowly worked out of Lee's system.

Lee has been sitting on his bed, as Sam had quietly sat in a chair at the table in Lee's room, as they watched TV.

While Lee was not completely sober, yet. He was sober enough to be lucid and realize what had happened.

And Lee was pissed off.

Lee sat on the bed, looking at the TV, which he really wasn't paying any attention to, as he thought, in anger more at himself, than the women whom tricked him, 'Damn it! I missed such a wonderful opportunity. If I had known they were pot brownies, I would have eaten very little. Also, I might have gotten one of them alone, and stolen their reality device. And I would be gone by now.”

“And the worst thing is I cannot do a damn thing about this situation of them tricking me. I don't dare think of getting back at them. Because all those women are badasses. Even though I am bigger and taller than them, I am sure any one of them could break me as easy as they could look at me. I am literally going to have to let this go.'

'Instead, I need to focus on my goals, and look at the bigger picture of not getting caught. And to happy that I was not caught in a such compromising position, while I figure out how to get one of their reality devices.'

Sam looked over at Lee, as he sat on his bed. Sam could tell from Lee's facial expressions, that he was not happy. Sam asked, with concern in his tone of voice, “Are you going to be okay, Lee?”

Lee looked over at Sam. Sam's concern caused Lee to immediately calm down. Lee thought, 'At least, I remember what happened. And Sam saved me. I owe him big for this. He is my one and only true friend. And I will some day make this up to him. It just won't be today. Though, I can still thank him.'

Lee answered, in a calm, though tired tone of voice, “Yea, Sam. I should be fine. And thanks for saving me.”

Sam smiled, as he replied, “This is what friends do.”

Lee commented, “I know. And I appreciate that. Still, the worst part of this whole situation, is that I never got any lunch. And I am starving.”

“I would like to get something to eat. But, I am still too stoned to leave the hotel. And I don't dare show my face today in the hotel restaurant. I don't even want to leave this room for the rest of the day, because I am so embarrassed with myself.”

Sam said, in a comforting tone of voice, “There is nothing to be embarrassed about, Lee. You did not do anything wrong. You just got played. It happens. Now, you just have to swallow your pride and move on.”

Lee admitted, “You're right. That is what I am trying to do, right now.”

Sam suggested, “Good. Sill, we can dine in and order room service to bring up something up to eat from the hotel restaurant, to this suite. I will even eat with you. Hell, I will pay for our meals.”

Lee smiled at Sam, as he complimented, “Thanks, Sam. I would like that. You are a true friend.”

While still slightly grinning, Sam calmly responded, “That is what I try to be.”

Sam and Lee then ordered some meals, and cold bottled sodas, from the hotel restaurant. Half an hour later, they were delivered to Lee's room.

After Lee and Sam finished eating. They played cards for a while, as they sat in chairs, across the table from each other, in Lee's suite. Only this time, they did not bet any money. They were just playing for fun.

Sam considered it wrong to bet money with Lee, given Lee was still slightly stoned. And Lee appreciated his friend's concern for his welfare.

A few hours later, Sam left for the night. And even though it was early in the evening, Lee decided it was time to get some rest, and sleep off the rest of the effects of the pot. Lee got ready for bed. After which, Lee turned off the TV, lamp light, and he went to bed early, to get some sleep.

To be continued.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So much going on

A drunk six-year old attacking Lee, green brownies, and a faceoff of the reincarnated. You give us more of Lee's hidden background, some very interesting glimpses of future events, maybe even some time travel. So much to take into account. Then throw into it all with a legitimate fortune teller. So much is going on! Now I have to really read the rest to find out where all these hints are leading.
Another great but very different chapter. Thanks again.