Rules Are Rules: 32. The Bathroom Conference

Printer-friendly version

"Maybe your little breasts are growing."

I didn't realize she was joking, so I said, "Maybe. Maybe wearing a bra is making it happen."

"Oh, right!" she laughed. "Are you serious? If that was all it took... Oh, wait! Your breasts are growing? You're not taking hormones, are you?"


Rules Are Rules


32. The Bathroom Conference

 

One thing that Alice and I did at the mall on Saturday was to buy a dress for me. It was the first piece of girl clothes that I bought with my own money. I needed a formal dress for dinner with the Auburns.

"How dressy does it have to be?" Alice had asked.

"The invitation says black tie," I replied.

"Ooh, fancy!" she cooed.

It took a lot less time than I feared to find a dress. We visited two outlet stores, and found the dress in the second store, after only an hour and half of looking. It was a beautiful dark plum cocktail dress, and it shined in a way that gave some subtle color changes when I moved. It was sleeveless, had a v-neck, and a full skirt. I loved it the moment I saw it, and it fit like it was made for me. It was so comfortable and cool, I didn't want to take it off!

Alice gave it the thumbs up, so I bought it. She also told me she had a silk shawl I could borrow, to wear over my shoulders. As we were stowing the dress in her car, she asked me about my breast pads. "I noticed you only used them when you were trying on dresses."

"I'm giving my chest a break," I explained.

"Why?"

"The little bags were irritating my... uh, they were chafing."

"Maybe your little breasts are growing."

I didn't realize she was joking, so I said, "Maybe. Maybe wearing a bra is making it happen."

"Oh, right!" she laughed. "Are you serious? If that was all it took... Oh, wait! Your breasts are growing? You're not taking hormones, are you?"

"Hormones?" I repeated. "What are you talking about?"

"Female hormones, to make your breasts grow!"

"No!" I said. "I'm not taking anything! But... can you do that? Take hormones to make your breasts grow? Can you get them in a drugstore?"

Alice was almost speechless. "Are you really that naive, or just pretending?" she asked. "You need a prescription. A *doctor* has to give them to you!"

She huffed, frustrated as she searched for words, and finally said, "Go ask your aunt about it. I don't really feel comfortable explaining this stuff to you."

"Okay," I said. As we walked, she kept glancing at my chest, until I asked her to stop.


The Auburns picked me up at 5 PM. I felt beautiful in my new dress and heels. Aunt Jane had helped me with my hair and makeup, and lent me her pearl earrings, along with many warnings about not taking them off or playing with them.

Jerry rang the doorbell, wearing a tuxedo and looking very handsome.

My aunt had us pose at the foot of the stairs so she could snap the classic prom-type photo.

As we walked from my front door to the Auburns' car, I had a sudden thought: "Jerry, how are we all going to fit in the car, wearing these nice clothes?"

"Don't worry," he replied. "Cassie is going to meet us there. Her date is giving her a ride."

"Oh. Who's her date? Anybody I know?"

"Mahon the Man," he replied, as he opened the car door for me.


I suppose you're wondering why we were all dressed up. What was the occasion? Mr. Auburn's job — whatever it was — demanded a lot of family involvement. The company frequently hosted family events, and regarded all of them as obligatory — even for the family of the employees!

The point of this dinner was to celebrate some company milestone. I don't know (or care!) what it was, but it must have been something big, because the invitation extended even to people like me — dates of the children of employees! It seemed awfully invasive. My name was even on the guest list at the front door!

While we were waiting to have our names checked against the list, I noticed (reading the list upside-down) that Cassie and Mahon had not yet arrived.

Just as the receptionist was putting little blue checks next to our names, Cassie and Mahon walked in. They really made a beautiful couple, and Cassie attracted her share of looks from the men in the area.

Mahon was behind Cassie, and as soon as he saw me he again gave me the thumbs up, but added the motion of zipping his lips. I smiled by way of response.

Cassie noticed some of this exchange, so she turned to Mahon and asked, "How do you know Marcie?"

"How do I know Marcie? She's famous! The baby on the train, scaling the wall, not to mention the miniskirt incident..."

"Okay, okay, I get it," Cassie said, cutting him off. She must have noticed, as I did, that he left out the toilet-bomb incident, which happened only yesterday.

We were seated at a round table, alternating boy/girl, so that I was between Jerry and Mahon, and Cassie was between Mahon and some stranger, who looked to be her father's age.

The man started chatting with Cassie. He was obviously feeling quite lucky to find himself next to such a young, attractive girl, and Cassie was too polite to give him the shoulder.

While her attention was drawn that way, Mahon asked me, "Did you tell Cassie about that girl and the toilet?"

"Yes," I replied. "She knows you carried the girl upstairs, but I don't know who she is."

"Bad and good," he commented.

"Do you like that girl?" I asked him.

"That information is on a need-to-know basis," he replied, and tried to look mysterious.

I shook my head and wrinkled my brow. "Can you tell me what your first name is, then?"

"Manfred," he replied.

"Is it really?" I asked.

"It'll do for now," he said. "No more questions, little girl."

After some introductions and a short speech from some company executive, hors d'ouvres and drinks were served. Then Cassie announced, "I need to use the ladies room," and she looked pointedly at me.

"Uh, so I do," I said lamely. "'Scuse me, boys."

Cassie took my arm and marched me down the hall. The bathroom was really nice. There was a lounge with armchairs, two vanities, mirrors everywhere, and little tables and lamps. Next came a huge room full of sinks. Cassie stopped and leaned her hands on one. We were the only two people in there. She studied her face in the mirror.

"Uh, Cassie? I actually do need to pee."

"Uh, Marcie?" she said, copying my tone in a sarcastic way, "I actually do too."

"Oh," I said, a little confused. "I thought you brought me here so we could talk."

"That too!" she said. "What is with you? Were you born yesterday or something?"

"Kind of," I admitted.

She growled impatiently, and pushed past me to enter one of the stalls. I hesitated a moment, then sat in the stall next to hers.

"Listen," I said. "About that girl..."

"Keep your voice down!" she hissed. "The people in the hall don't need to know my business. Look, Marcie, I know I tease you and everything, but I don't think you have any reason to lie to me."

"I didn't lie!" I said. "I don't know her name, and I wouldn't recognize her. She was all wet and her hair was in her face when I saw her. Then I wrapped her up–"

"Spare me the adventure story!" she interrupted.

"I'm trying to tell you–" I said, but was interrupted by the sound of her flushing.

When I joined Cassie at the sinks, I said in a low voice, "Listen: I am pretty sure that the girl who was walking in front of Mahon at lunch yesterday is the one."

She looked at me with wide eyes.

"Do you know her?" I asked. She shook her head. "You're a miserable liar," in a pretty fair imitation of the way she said it. I figured I might as well try to make her laugh.

Instead, she looked at me with disdain.

"Listen to me," I told her. "I didn't say anything at lunch because I didn't want to embarrass her. You wouldn't want anyone to know if you were soaked in toilet water, would you?"

She sighed. "I guess not." She looked at the floor for a moment, and I thought I saw two tiny pearls of tears appear in the corners of her eyes, but then they were gone.

"Okay," she said. "I'm sorry." She took a big breath and let it out. "You know what really bothers me? What really makes me mad? It's that he just walked right by me with her. I was RIGHT THERE and he didn't even see me."

I thought back to that moment. "You kinda had your back to him. Plus, he probably didn't expect to see you sitting with a bunch of freshman girls."

"Maybe," she said.

A little light went on in my head. "Did he expect you to not be there?" I asked.

"I was supposed to be in a lunch meeting," she admitted. "It started late, so I ran in to t... to talk to you."

"If it will make you feel better," I said, "I'll find out who she is. Okay?"

"Never mind," she said, "I'm just going to ask him. It's nice of you to offer, but..." She seemed calmer, not angry any more.

"Are we okay?" I asked timidly.

"I guess," she said. "I want to be mad, but after talking to you..."

I smiled. She smiled back at me, opened her arms and gave me a big hug. "You really are a nice kid, you know that? I'm sorry I'm so mean to you. My brother is a lucky little dope."

She let me out of the hug, held me by the shoulders, and looked me in the face. "You know what? I promise that I will never, ever, EVER tease you again — for the rest of the night." Then she let go of me.

Cassie looked into the mirror and fussed with her hair, smiling. "I wish you could be my little sister," she told me. "We could trade Jerry for you. Maybe your family would like to have a boy in the family for a change."

"Yeah, I think they would," I replied, and we both laughed.

up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I love Marcie

This chapter is why I love this character. Just being herself, she is such the lovable trouble magnet. I almost spit up my breakfast at those last two lines! That was so funny I almost forgot to mention her reaction to hearing about Hormones. I don't think we're going to be seeing Mark around anymore, because she seemed like she really wanted breasts. Bye Mark!
hugs!
grover

Girl Role

Marice is settling into her girl role rather easily now and once she gets on hormones will really have a kick start into her new life. Her other half (Mark) is soon to be totally gone from what I can see now. Janice Lynn

Puzzled

I have to admit to being somewhat surprised that Marcie didn't break down laughing at that final remark myself.

Hugs,

Kimby

Hugs,

Kimby

Very humorous

I really enjoy your writing and characters it seems Mark will soon be a thing of the past hopefully that's not the case with short chapters.Amy

im worried

it already seems Mark is a thing of the past. But i'm really worried now. Marcie seemed very serious about hormones. That and a appointment with a specialist or will really require the parents approval for hormone treatment. With the fathers very hostile attitude i can just imagine his reaction when he realizes it is serious. that Marcie is a TS.

rules are rules #32

verry hot and good more please
whildchild

mr charlles r purcell
verry good story i wood love to see a lot more of this all i can say is wow verry good thanks for shareing

.

"Maybe your family would like to have a boy for a change."

lol!

I liked the interactions in this chapter. They felt very real.

As far as Marcie's new developments... it wouldn't be a surprise if she's intersexed. She is, after all, supposed to be so beautiful and feminine without any sort of effort - that's basically never the case with a boy unless there's something causing a lack of testosterone.

I hadn't thought...

She has an appointment with an endocrinologist in chapter 36
(one of my favorite chapters!), so see what you think after that.

It makes a lot of sense.

Huisht, Ceilidh…

…don't spoil it for us.

I adore thi story, it's absolutely my cuppa tea!

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Hum, so magic is out as an explanation?

I wondered why would the tea have any affect at all unless it was magic.

The tarot card reader apparantly has the *talent* as she saw the child's duality but is a bit inept that she didn't realize she's a boy in disguise. I though what was in the tea is a *potion* to magical kickstart a female puberty and to boast breast growth? The aternative was he/she is intersexed or even a girl who appears male outwardly and it is either coincidence her female puberty finaly is aserting it's self or the herbs are fairly estrogenic and helped trigger her delayed bloomiong into womanhood.

Whateever the reason a wold and mostly funny ride. I only hope in the end it all turns out well forhim/her whatever he/she is. I hate seeinng kids get hurt.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

What is developing here?

Gwen Every transwoman's dream; spontaneously developing female charactaristics. My body was absolutely male, right down to the admirable schlong and Hirsutism. My brain was always female. The longer I am post op, the clearer that becomes. Don't we all wish for that?
Gwen Brown