Caught in the Act - 11 - Crossroads

Printer-friendly version


Caught in the Act - 11
Crossroads


By Jessica C


Things started with Jeff Preston turning 13 years old, dressing in his sister’s clothes and makeup; Others didn’t know and he didn’t expect to be caught… The discovery of him cross-dressing begins the blossoming of Jessie... Jeff now accepting Jessie is really him, others have trouble accepting Jeff and Jessie co-exist… Mom and Dr. Hunt support Jessie/Jeff in discovering what is true for Je...

^..^~

After we are done shopping at the mall with Sis, neighbor Margaret and my friends Tami and April. Rachel takes Margaret home and she tells me to stay in the car. “You might have forgotten your appointment with Dr. Hunt but Mom told me not too.” She’s right I had forgotten about my appointment.

We were going to be early so Rachel decides to stop at a sporting goods store across the road and down some. It wasn’t until we were inside that Rachel says, “Mom wants you to get a softball glove and stuff. She’s asked me to practice with you for this summer, in case you’re thinking of being Jessie twenty-four seven. Mom says you’re not getting enough exercise, especially to keep your girlish figure," she giggles.

“Mom thinks, I have a girlish figure?”

Rachel says, “Probably but I added the last part. Yes, I think you have a girlish figure.” We are in the store as she says it. A salesperson hears us and she agrees, “Yes, you have a nice girlish figure. I agree you should work to keep it that way.”

She followed us over to the softball gloves and bats. Rachel tells her, “She’s been a tomboy playing regular baseball and our mother wants her to play softball.”

Lisa the saleswoman says, “Dear, now that your breasts are developing I think your mother is trying to protect you. I know a softball could still hurt, but I agree with your mother. Softball provides good exercise and this way you will be able to compete in high school. Will you be entering high school next year?”

Jessie is pleased that Lisa thinks she is a year older. Jessie turns to Rachel, “Is she right that it would hurt getting hit on the nipples?”

Rachel smiles saying, “Yes, little sis, you want to limit that possibility as much as possible.” I am looking at different gloves and deciding which one I preferred. We chose a good size glove, got two softballs and a bat and baseball cap. Rachel finally pays for things. We were to Dr. Hunt’s with minutes to spare.

The girl who bothered me two weeks ago is back and asking questions, but I am now comfortable visiting with her. She tells me as she goes in for her appointment, “My name is Nancy.”

“Thanks, Nancy, I’m Jessie. I hope to see you again.” We smile and I know I have made a new friend.

It is only a few minutes and the nurse calls out for “Jeff!” before she looked up. Seeking to save me from embarrassment she says, “Seeing Jeff is not here, Jessie would you be ready to come back and see the doctor?”

I’m brought back to visit with Dr. Beth and the nurse apologizes, “I am sorry but I thought on Tuesday appointments, it was to be Jeff who came. May I say, you are very pretty today, I am especially envious of your tropical tan?”

Dr. Beth welcomed me, “I received an email note from your mother that you did quite well as Jessie on your trip. She wondered out loud if it will put you at a crossroads of sorts this summer.” Beth has me sit down and begins by asking, “She thought you were coming today as Jeff. Does your coming as Jessie have a special significance that I should make note of?”

I giggle softly, “It means, I forgot about my appointment and was having a time out as Jessie before I change back to being Jeff. Luckily Rachel remembered and so she brought me after we went shopping. Did Mom tell you she was planning on me as Jessie, to be playing softball this summer? She hadn’t told me but we just bought me a softball glove and stuff, before we got here. The saleswoman told me a softball hitting one’s boobs hurts enough, that I wouldn’t want to be hit by a line drive with a hardball. I’ve been learning there’s a lot to learn about being a girl. I decided during the trip, I need to see myself as a younger teen and not try to grow up too fast. Unfortunately, I’m one who learns a lot by experience; es[ecially when I see it as something important to me.”

Dr. Beth encouraged me to say more, I wish she wouldn’t do that and would ask questions straight out. I tell her, “I like the attention I was getting from some guys like Tad and then some guys two to five years older took interest in me. Even Tad wanted to push things faster than I wanted. I wasn’t sure what to do or how to handle it, because I kind of liked it as well.”

“I’ve begun taking some hormones for a short time. Though the doctor said any girly sensations I experienced it would be all in my head and not really happening. She’s right about one thing, I do feel like I’m different and I feel like it’s not just in my head.”

Beth asks, “Should we check you here to make sure?”

She’s surprised when I said, “No, I’d rather you didn’t.”

“Your doctor is probably right that your body isn’t reacting yet. That usually takes months, but I thought you would want to make sure,” she says. “If your body would be changing you should know and make an earlier appointment with her. When is your next appointment with Dr. Kim?”

I say, “It would be two weeks from yesterday. Part of me hopes I’m changing but I really don’t want to know.”

Dr. Beth says, “But Jessie, you should, it could make a difference. If you don’t I should tell your mother and father.”

I say, “But I thought what I do in here things are confidential and that you wouldn’t tell them without my permission.”

She says, “But you might be hurting yourself if it is left unchecked.”

I say, “It is not likely I’m hurting myself, you agree that Dr. Kim is very likely right. It makes me wonder what is confidential and what’s not. I’m being open to you because I trust you, that is very important.”

Dr. Beth smiles though not much, “Okay, I will not tell your parents but will you agree to tell me if you know your body changing?”

“Yes, I’ll tell you when we meet.” Dr. Beth stares at me, and I say, “Okay if it’s obvious my body is changing I will let you or Dr. Kim know before than okay?”

Dr. Hunt continues to suggest, “Do you think you’re closer to the place of deciding about being Jessie when summer comes with the possibility of being Jessie full time?”

I smile at the thought, “That would be neat though I don’t want to lose the possibility of being Jeff. They’re both me. I’ve been Jeff with the ability to enjoy being Jessie. Can’t I be Jessie and enjoy being Jeff when I want too?”

“That would be possible but you’re in that time of your life when that is harder to do without affecting your body in the long-term. There are things your body is likely to start doing if your male hormones kick in full force. There are also things your body might not do in the future if you take a testosterone blocker for a longer time.”

“If you’re wanting to develop as a young woman this summer. It would be a good time to do what we can. Sex reassignment surgery, however, won’t be a possibility yet.”

I speak up, “So even if I lean or decide toward becoming Jessie, Jeff’s going to continue to be part of me. I like that.”

Dr. Beth asks, “Tell me why you would prefer to be Jessie?”

“She is more naturally me. I think the next two months it will be harder for me to be Jeff, as long as I feel like being Jessie.” I pause, close my eyes and think. “I like the fragrances of a girl’s world, its colors, and creativity. Being Jeff is kind of drab, boy’s clothes don’t have the feel and flair of being a girl. Even when I don’t use perfume, smelling fresh is still more enjoyable as well as being around other girls. Jeff doesn’t fit in with as many people. Guy friends are more boring, we tend to hang around with each other instead of being friends and talking more. I learn about other girls from what they say. Guys can be friends without knowing much about each other.”

Even as I finish speaking Dr. Beth is writing. I'm sure she is hearing what I’m saying.

“Well young lady for a person who forgot you were having an appointment, you didn’t have trouble sharing thoughts. Are you comfortable waiting two weeks and coming as Jeff?”

“Yes, it was a good visit. It would probably be good for me to be here as Jeff in two weeks. I need to get my head back into school. I want to see Tami and April relate to me as Jeff and see if she likes me as much as Jessie.”

Beth asks, “You actually question if a friend will like you just because she knows about Jessie too?”

I say, “Besides studying, we haven’t done that much together apart from me being a Ken doll waiting to be made up and transformed into Barbie. It’s kind of fun being in a girl’s hands. I’d just like to kiss her as Jeff or do something else.” I’m ready to go and I don’t want to talk more. “Bye, my sister’s waiting, I better get going.”

I get out to the lobby and Mom is waiting along with Rachel. I look back at Dr. Hunt. She knows I’ll be uncomfortable with my Mom and her visiting at this point. She says, “Hi, Mrs. Preston. I hope we’ll have time to visit after her next appointment. We had a good session today.”

^..^~

Mom smiles and says, “Rachel, we’ll meet you at the pizza place, Dad and Rob will meet us there. We’ll be right behind you.” Mom and I go to her car, Mom’s calm but I’m getting nervous. I’m afraid to go get pizza at our regular pizza place. I’m sure others will recognize me. We get in Mom’s Nissan Rogue and I’m slow in buckling up. Mom says, “Hurry up Jessie, we’re already behind Rachel in leaving.” She starts the engine and sees I’m not yet buckled in, “Do we have a problem? I thought you had a good appointment.”

I say, “Mom, I’m uneasy about going to our pizza place, I’m afraid people will recognize me.”

Mom takes her hands off the steering wheel and gives me her attention. “You decided not to dress as Jeff and went to the mall and your appointment Jessie. I thought you must have decided you were comfortable with people knowing who you are.”

“Mom, I was reasonably sure no one would recognize me. Margaret was there and Tami and April came. They already know me and nothing happened.” I’m still nervous and a bit upset as I’m sure Mom’s trying to make a point that I don’t think is really needed. I sure hope she won’t make me go eat pizza out and risk being discovered.

“I understand how you saw it and I’m glad you weren’t recognized by others. But this doesn’t just involve you. What if you were discovered and embarrassed, how do you think your sister would have felt as well as yourself and others involved. What if a problem developed and either at a hospital or with the police you needed to be identified?”

Mom continues, “Your father and I are here for you as your parents, but I don’t want something to be a surprise to either of us.” Sometimes I hate it when Mom makes sense and I feel like a klutz for being inconsiderate.

I humbly say, “Sorry Mom, I didn’t think it through. I just wanted to be Jessie back here at home.”

Mom touches me on the chin, “You’re still grounded for three weeks, and you knew you weren’t to be going any place. Even at home, you need permission to have someone over or to do anything special.”

“Mom, we just got back and I forgot.”

Mom looks at me, “Do you really expect me to believe that?”

“Mom, you should at least have reminded me, or warned me not to go out.”

She asks, “Do you want me to treat you like the little girl you’re acting like right now? Don’t answer, we need to get moving so we get home before the pizza gets cold.”

I say, “Thank goodness we’re not stopping to eat pizza out. …Mom, you had me worried, you did that on purpose!”

^..^~

After the pizza, Mom helped me to remove my faux breasts and vagina gaff. My nipples and the flesh around them are a bit red and puffy when the forms are taken off. I’m feeling some excitement, but Mom says, “Dr. Kim said that could happen. We will need to check in the morning. With you having been wearing a bra since last Thursday. It could take a day or two for your body to revert back from how it was forced to gather.”

I was glad in a way to be back as Jeff, though it will take days for my hair to be back in Jeff mode. I don’t know how long for me to feel comfortable back in boy clothes. Mom laughs at me in the morning when she finds me sleeping in my teddy bear pajamas. “You know Jeff, your father would like you to go with him in two weekends to visit his parents and he’d like you to do so as Jeff. That includes when you sleep there.”

Mom wanted me up and dressed as Jeff before she and Dad go to work. Between my male parts having been in a gaff for five days and back to wearing boy briefs, I’m very sensitive to the change. I put on a pair of my jeans which do not have the feel or look of what I now like wearing. I don’t say anything, sure that if I do my sister will be awakened early to watch over me. Twice I am asked by my Mom to promise I will continue to be dressed and act as Jeff.

It is not fun as a thirteen-year-old boy to be watched over like a little kid. “Enough Mom get going and leave me alone.” Mom is out the door after 7:30 with just enough time to safely get to work on time. Typical for this guy on a day off, I’m back to bed. That is until 8:05 when Mom calls. “Jeff, get up and stay up.”

I wait until 9:00 to call my friend Luke and he agrees to come over at ten to play some games. I messed up my hair, but it is ten minutes into Luke’s visit that he begins commenting. “Jeff, I know you like the attention you’re getting from Tami, but geez you’re beginning to look too girly for a guy.”

I protest, “I’m not. I think it must have been all the sun and water during our time in Riviera Maya.”

He says, “Unless you were showering and shampooing with your sister’s stuff that doesn’t fly.”

I fibbed a bit, “Well I took a big bottle of shampoo that got take away by airport security.” By now the game playing is started and the conversation basically ended, except for the games. Come noon Luke went home for lunch and whatever he had going in the afternoon.

The rest of today and tomorrow are boring with the exception of a phone call that Tami wants to come over on Friday. Thursday late afternoon Rachel wants my help. “Jeff, I want to use you for a new eye-shadow combination I want to try.”

“But Mom doesn’t want me to be dressing as Jessie.”

Rachel says, “You don’t need to dress as Jessie, I just want to use your face. I would ask Tiffany or Margaret or another friend if they were available.” She grabs my arm and leads me off to her room. “Sit here and just cooperate.” She has me go to the bathroom to clean my face and pat it dry. Then she brushed my hair back to a feminine style.

She begins tweezing out a few eyebrow hairs, “Enough Rachel, Mom’s going to notice.”

Rachel giggles, “It’s the boys you should be worried about or girls getting jealous that your eyes look better than theirs. Tell me you don’t want to see a glimpse of Jessie in the mirror? It might even help give you some makeup ideas.”

I don’t respond as she’s right, I’m missing my Jessie time. Rachel had held out a peach and white outfit she plans to wear to a dance tomorrow night. The eyeshadow is to be peach going to a light yellow. We both liked the finished product but it took four tries to get the right combination. After she’s sure with me, I stay around pending her repeating the look on herself. Unfortunately it’s after 6:00 that evening when she does.

^..^~

Dinner isn’t started, Mom’s coming through the door and my face is still in makeup. We aren’t sure if Mom’s really angry or just trying to act it. Luckily, Rachel spoke up for me, “Mother, it wasn’t Jeff’s fault, I made him act as my model, none of my girlfriends were around. How do you think my eyes and makeup look? I really like it.”

Mom looks and then looked at me, “It does look very pretty, just one thing though?”

Rachel and I both go quietly. “It takes away from the specialness of it if your brother is doing up his eyes like you at the same time.” Mom then puts Rachel and me to fixing dinner as she changes. It is six thirty when the doorbell rings and Mom answers it. I don’t hear what is being said, but I recognize Tami’s voice and go to see what’s up.

I’m surprised as Tami smiles and is on the edge of giggling as she sees me. Mom has a homemade pie in her hands, obviously a gift. Tami says, “Jessie’s makeup doesn’t quite work for Jeff unless it is me using you like a Barbie doll.”

“I’d actually like a chance to be just Jeff around you for a change,” I say.

“Well, actually it’s a little bit of both and I brought a peace offering for your mother. I was asking her if Darby Jacobs and I could come over and spend some time with you tomorrow. We’re going to a movie tomorrow night or Saturday with some others, boys and girls, not a date. We were hoping your Mom would let you go as Jeff, as well as let Darby and I come over during the day to do some baking. That part truthfully we are hoping could be with Jessie.”

I look to Mom to see what she’s going to say, “My Mom, Grandma Stephens, wants him over tomorrow or Saturday. I’ll need to check with her to make sure Saturday would be okay. I do have a little concern about Jeff being made up as Jessie and then trying to go out as Jeff. He’s just getting to look comfortable being Jeff again and being totally Jeff.”

Tami jokes, “If this is being totally Jeff, we could work with that.” Seriously Tami asks, “How did Jessie do on the trip? Did anyone figure out who she really was?”

Mom says, “If you can stay around until after dinner, we can talk then and show some pictures. Right now Jeff has to lose the makeup and we need to eat.”

Tami says, “I would like to, but I should really let you eat supper in peace.”

“Go, Jeff, take your face off. And Tami, I think you should stay around. There are some pictures of Jessie others won’t get to see, but I think you’d enjoy them.”

Mom and Rachel serve dinner and I’m finally ready as dinner is being served. Tami swears she can only eat a little but she is sitting at the table eating with us.

After dinner Mom has her laptop out with me sitting on one side and Tami on the other. I didn’t expect Mom to show pictures of me in my swimsuits, but Mom’s inhibitions are diminishing where she chooses. Tami asks at the end of the pictures, “Does this mean Jeff is seriously going to become Jessie sometime?”

Rachel had been looking over Mom’s shoulder and when Tami asked the last question. We could all hear the intake of Rachel’s breath. Everyone became quiet, waiting for Mom to speak. She said, “I was expecting that question. …Frankly, it’s early for any serious thought like that.”

Tami turns red and begins to apologize when Mom tells her she doesn’t have too. She does decide to leave, asking, “If Jeff could call me and tell me about tomorrow or Saturday, I’d appreciate that.”

Mom speaks up, “Plan that he has permission to do both, but no surprises or going behind my back.”

I walk Tami to the door and Mom has left the room so that we’re alone. Tami gently sweeps her fingers over my chest, touching my nipples. I flinch as she does. She says, “I thought so, what does your Mom say about those two buds on your chest?” When I remain quiet she says, “She knows doesn’t she?”

I say, “I’ve been told any reaction I feel is just in my head.”

Tami says, “You probably should ask your Mom to check again for herself. I don’t think things should be catching her by surprise.” Tami pauses until I acknowledge what she has said. “If you want me to see you like Jeff and be able to continue as your friend, you will do so.”

I am in full Jeff mode and while I hear her, I am leaning forward to give her a small kiss goodnight. Fireworks go off for me as we kiss. It isn’t much and yet it is very exciting as I open my eyes and Tami’s are still closed. “Thank you, Tami.”

She smiles, “Goodnight Jeff, remember I can’t date yet and I don’t want my Mom to know.”

^..^~

I waited till morning and I had my next pill and then ask my Mom if she would come with me to my room. “Mom, I was wondering if I should have returned to normal by today. Tami noticed I still had two bumps on my chest last night.”

Mom has me sit on the edge of my bed and unbutton my shirt. I did but I also have on an undershirt. Mom giggled, “I doubt that your nipples are budding, as a young girl doesn’t usually go out of her way to cover them up.”

I turn away from my Mom as I’m a little uncomfortable revealing myself to her. I slowly turn around and Mom is quiet as she looks at me and then reaches and touches my nipples. “They are definitely still puffy. It has been more than a few years since your sister started to bud. I believe she wasn’t quite twelve.”

“Mom that’s a little more than I wanted to know about Rachel.” Actually, it reminded me I was a late bloomer, both as a girl and as Jeff. “They’re sensitive but that can be true even of boys. Would you like me to call Dr. Kim and get you an earlier appointment?”

Mom went to work and didn’t call me about the appointment until her break at 10:00 a.m. “Jeff, Dr. Stoults says it probably isn’t anything and she doesn’t have any open appointment times until Thursday at 4:30 and I had a conflict on my work calendar. So, we’d either need to see her during the lunch hour on Wednesday or we might as well wait until your next scheduled appointment.” Mom pauses, “The more I think about it; if it would be something I’d rather we see her on Wednesday. Are you okay with that?”

The doorbell begins to ring, which means Tami and Darby are probably here. “If you think so Mom, I’m willing.” Rob answers the door and yells to me, “Jeff, your harem is here.”

Rachel and I get there at the same time as thankfully Rob leaves to go to his friends. Darby giggles, “Soon to be a harem of five and no guys.”

I say, “My Mom was hoping that you’d be happy just giving Ken a Makeover.”

Tami, “That didn’t really look that good on Jeff the other day. Did your Mom really insist you couldn’t dress up?”

Rachel spoke up before me, “No, our Mom was pretty sure you and Jessie would all want her to dress up.” I give Rachel a stare, but she’s not phased, “Well, tell the girls no to even the makeup if you don’t want too.”

Tami whispers to me, “When you have your panties and skirt on please let me know.” I did and Tami knocked and came into my room. She giggles as she sees my bra on. “I’m sorry but that needs to come off for just a moment.” Once my bra was off she spreads a small dab of ointment on each nipple saying, “This is what my mother had me use when I was budding. It protects the nipples from itching or chaffing.”

My bra is soon back on and Tami wants Darby to help me choose the blouse I’m to wear. Darby asks me, “What do you have that is cute, but can withstand getting some flour on?”

I say, “We’ll have aprons.” Darby finds my long Mexican skirt and decides she would wear it. She finds a pretty yellow blouse that buttons down the front. I say, “I don’t like buttons down the front.”

Darby giggles, “Are you afraid one of us girls will look if it gaps. We’re not like horny boys.”

Once we’re in the kitchen Darby sets Tami and April to making chocolate pudding, sets me to making the crust and she has my Grandma’s recipe for making the whip-cream topping. I thought we were also to bake cookies, but the girls decide to help give me a makeover.

I speak up, “I can do my own makeup and hair thank you.”

Tami says, “Relax and be a naïve boy and let us have our fun.”

April pulls a toy gun of her brother out of her purse, “Sit down Jeff and don’t give us any trouble.” So the pretending begins. Rachel shows up now and then, laughs a little and talks to the other girls.

Whenever I spoke, I’m told, “Be quiet and don’t do any talking until we’re done and say you can talk.”

Tami chides me, “Jeff, you let one of the holes for your earrings begin to close. You shouldn't be so sloppy.”

“I wanted to go back to a single pair of earrings, it’s better for a boy.”

April already knew what Tami intended and came with a sterile needle, peroxide, and cotton. “Ouch, that hurts,” I say with Jessie’s voice. April says, “Then be sensitive to your girly side and keep them from growing closed.” I did not notice that they put in starters to keep them open. Thankfully the earrings were small loops, a little girly if one looked close enough. Thankfully, most of my guy friends wouldn’t.

The girls are nice enough with my hair to only give me a girl style ponytail with a nice wave to it. They give a nice sweep to my bangs but Darby decides to create long curls down each side. It might have been okay, but Tami said it won’t hold and Darby redoes both curls with a setting gel. Giving the curls thirty minutes to set, drying them with a hair blower did the trick. Even I like how they turn out.

It is twelve thirty by the time they’re finished with me and the pudding is ready to go in the pie shell. The whipping cream goes on the top and the pie is in the oven.

^..^~

It is a nice spring day so we go out in the back yard for a moment to eat our sandwiches. Mrs. Doris Pori, my neighbor sees us and calls over, “Girls come over here please; I need to talk to the Preston girl.”

I whisper to Tami, “Tell her we have a pie in the oven and we need to check on it.” Tami does but Mrs. Pori is determined.

She asks, “What’s your name, Jeff?” Luckily I’m the first through the door. “Tami Johnson, isn’t it? Tell Jeff I’m coming over and I don’t want him changing clothes.”

I was standing in front of the oven door waiting with ten minutes before the pie is to come out. Tami and the others come into the kitchen and as they’re telling me what Mrs. Pori said the back doorbell rings. I ask them to let Mrs. Pori in as I call for Rachel.

Mrs. Pori comes in, smiles and says, “You’ve come and gone enough, you should have known I would have noticed. I understand, we have a relatively much older and I’m sensitive to this as it was much more difficult for her growing up and being accepted as an adult.” We sit down and talk. Darby with my help gets the pie out and safely set on the counter to cool.

Mrs. Pori says, “Even now you are lucky to have friends like these who are supportive.” She reaches in a skirt pocket and pulls out a locket and chain. "It has a cameo on it that opens for a picture to be placed inside. I would like you to take it if you’d like it. All the girls had them when I was growing up.”

Mrs. Pori asks me, “Were you the girl about three years ago who ran outside and hid when you were about eight?”

“That was six years ago and I am thirteen now? I had to hide from my brother until he went to play with friends. I heard you yell to me, but I wasn’t about to answer and say who I was.” My sister, the three girls, and Mrs. Pori were laughing until two go running to the toilet for having laughed so much.

We’re still talking when Rob returns with his friend Jacob. I was again embarrassed to be seen by a boy, though Jake had seen me before. Jake stopped to talk to us, though Rob had asked him to go upstairs with him. Rachel teases him saying, “Are too many pretty young girls distracting you, Jake?” The girls, as well as Jake, are embarrassed. I’m feeling okay until, Rachel says, “That goes for you too little sister.”

Mrs. Pori says, “Rachel, I think you like having a little sister to tease. I do ask though that you stop there.”

Jake sees the locket and says, “When you get a boyfriend or a girlfriend you can put something small of theirs and keep it close to your heart.” Darby smiles, “I like a boy who's a bit of a romantic.”

Tami teases, “Darby you might ask if he’ll go out with us tonight.” Darby goes quiet and April speaks up, “Jacob we're going to a seven-thirty movie at the theatres on the highway.”

He says, “Am I really invited? How about Rob?” Thankfully Rachel speaks up, “Jeff’s going and I don’t think Jessie would like a big brother with him.” I mouth thanks to Rachel.

It is now four when the girls leave to get ready for tonight, Mom is home and I need to transform myself back to being Jeff. My makeup comes off easy enough and I double check to make sure all of it is off. I shower and use Rob and my shampoo twice but my hair is having a problem in losing the curls on the sides and the wave in the back.

Mom is pretty smart as she sends me out to run a mile and has me rake leaves leftover from winter. I am sweaty and grimy. The next shower and time of cleaning my hair works. “Thanks, Mom!” I also thanked her for setting up my appointment with Dr. Stoults.

"I hear Jessie and the girls had a visit with Mrs. Pori as well as a short visit with Jake. Rachel says you came out smelling like a rose again. She said that Mrs. Pori even gave you a locket. You’re lucky Mrs. Pori has been nice to your sister a number of times. I think Rachel’s a little upset with the idea of sharing Mrs. Pori.”

^..^~

Having been confined to my home since Tuesday, I’m happy to be out and excited as I expect to be with Tami as Jeff. I’m leaving the house when I receive a call from Tami. April has received a call and they’re invited to a dance. It isn’t going to change their minds, but I spoke up anyway. “Tami that stinks you’re not coming, of the two things today this is what I looked forward to!” I hang up.

Rachel says, “Sorry Jeff, do you still want me to take you up to the movie?” Part of me didn’t want to, but I wasn’t staying home. Besides Darby would be there, we should have a good time. Rachel left me off at the theatres and drove away before I see Jake is already there with Darby. Luke was there but he too was matching up with his girlfriend from school. Other movies I might have gone to are already started.

I’m just about ready to walk out of the theatres and go to an ice cream joint several hundred yards down the highway. It wouldn’t be the smartest thing I ever did but I didn’t care. I was going to use a side exit when my name is called by someone entering the theatre. “Jeff don’t go, I’m here!” Tami says she had yelled three times before I heard her. It’s Tami and I couldn’t have been happier. We both ran to the other and hug as we meet. Tami says in my ear, “I’ve not been a good friend to you. I decided after you hung up I couldn’t do it to you again.”

I’m very happy to see her, but I had to ask, “Why didn’t you call me back and say you were coming?”

She says, “I had to convince Jennifer to give me a ride and then I needed to call April saying I wasn’t going with her. She didn’t take that well and by the time I finished talking to her. Well, I was here.” Luckily we quickly get our movie tickets and a diet cola to share. The theatre is dark and it’s hard to see who’s sitting where. Tami whispers, “Quit looking for the others, we’re together.”

I don’t know how many times I’ve dreamed about being alone with any girl, let alone with Tami. And now I’m freezing up, not knowing what to say or do. My mind has a slow recording playing, ‘Remember you’re not to treat this as a date.’ It was my mother’s voice, I even turned around to make sure she isn’t there.

Tami says, “What are you doing?” I giggle like Jessie but it’s my voice, “I heard my Mom’s voice reminding me, I’m not to treat this as a date. I’m so glad you’re here but it’s like I don’t know what to do.”

She giggles, “Me neither, I think we should just start by watching the movie.” We grab hands and gently squeeze.

Fifteen minutes into the movie and I would generally have finished my drink and eaten a big container of popcorn. Tonight it’s two sips of the drink and I can’t remember more than five minutes of the movie. I’m looking at Tami, letting go of her hand and taking all night to get my arm around her. I sniff her hair, and even without the lights, I’m admiring how she looks.

Tami turns to me and is probably ready to say something when I hurry and kiss her. It is a quick kiss on the lips and I’m already apologizing. “Shush Jeff, don’t apologize, I liked it.” She puts a finger over my lips. I’m not sure if it means ‘don’t talk or not to kiss her again.’

Her hand and fingers go across my chest. “Your shirt buttons wrong... I guess, it is alright. …Sorry, I’m kissing Jeff but I couldn’t help but check.”

“Jeff, I hope you’re not offended but there is something neat about you being like a girl.” With that, she leans and gives me a kiss. It is obvious we’re young teens and Tami is almost as inexperienced as me. The movie is soon over, though I thought it was hardly half over. We find Jake and Darby after we get out and the four of us go to get pizza. We looked for Luke and Monica but never found them.

I understood why but it felt strange that Darby and Tami were both looking for remnants of makeup I didn’t get off or curls in my hair they were sure would be there. I finally said, “Are you disappointed?”

Darby said, “We weren’t looking for makeup.” And Tami echoed, “Nor were we checking your hair.” Jake laughs saying, “Jeff didn’t mention either of those things.”

I grin and said, “Thanks, Jacob.”

He says, “I kind of owed you.” We couldn’t stay and enjoy ourselves as Jake promised to take Darby home. He dropped us off first and I walked home from the Johnson’s.

^..^~

The following day I go to my grandparents Stephens. I think Grandma is a little disappointed her granddaughter Jessie hadn’t come. I did take my new softball glove as I told Darby I would. Most of Saturday I visited with both grandparents more with Grandma. Grandma and I visited, even more, when Darby finally came over.

Grandma had promised to take Darby to get her a new blouse or skirt for her birthday. Which would be the coming week. I go with them and we’re going through the second women’s apparel store when a sales girl of college age spoke up. “She’s lucky to have a boyfriend who takes enough interest to shop with her. You even seem to know women’s fashions.”

Darby blushes, “He’s just a friend.”

The saleswoman asked me, “How was it you have such an eye for women’s fashions and know what would look good on your friend? You’ve helped pick out four pieces and they were all good.”

I’m now blushing and not sure what to say. I catch her looking at my hands and I suspect she notices my fingernails are shaped too well for most boys. She is nice enough not to say anything and changes the conversation.

Darby goes to try on a skirt and blouse, both should be very attractive for her to wear. Grandma whispers in my ear, “You could probably try on that light knit sweater. I don’t think you would surprise that salesperson.”

I laugh back, “If I had two buds pushing out the sweater, I think she would.” Grandma laughed out loud and we couldn’t explain when others asked, why?


Story to be continued…


Kudos, comments and feed back are appreciated.

up
232 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

No matter what anyone else wants.....

D. Eden's picture

I'm pretty sure Jessie is here to stay. It's getting harder and harder to hide her existence.

I know what that's like! There comes a point in time where not only does it become nearly impossible to cover up the physical changes, but your actions start to become female without any input or realization on your part.

That's when you start to notice the little glances and the too sharp looks, and eventually the staring.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

both sides

To be honest i think Jeff will still dress as Jessie form time to time. but might be Jessie more than Jeff.

Wolf_0.jpg

Buds

Renee_Heart2's picture

I think Jessie is starting to develop as a girl would... all the girls like Jessie & love making her up. As for Jeff & Tami she likes Jeff but I think she will like Jessie even more.

Now for the being Jeff thing I kind of think it's failing miserablely I look forward to the next chapter.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Cought in the act part 11

I do believe that he is going to be in for a surprise when his grandma buys him the sweater
She likes having another granddaughter to buy things for

Girls rule