Little Boy-Girl Part 18 and 19

Printer-friendly version

Little Boy-Girl Part 17 a Very Happy Thanksgiving

It was the next day and after school the Vaughn and Davis family went to the hospital to see Zack. He was so happy to see his sisters Katie and Taylor and cousin Zoey that he started to cry. That’s when Katie and Taylor ran to the bed to give him a hug. And before they can jump on to the bed he said no “I’ve just wet myself.” The twins just looked at him and said “we did to.” And then they “giggled.”

That’s when he saw Ms. Van Horne and asked “when can I go home.”

She said “remember what I told you last night about your mom and dad sweetie.” He just moved this head up and down.

She said “Mr. and Mrs. Davis said they would be glad to take you home with them if that’s what you want.”

He just said “mommy looking at Kylie and then daddy looking at me.”

We just said “yes baby and welcome to the family.”

Zack was glad to have a new family to go home with and enjoy being his true self.

It was the week before Thanksgiving break David called me up and said “Mario what do you have planed for the weekend before Thanksgiving. Because Heather and I are planning a little get together and talk about our plans for the summer.”

I say “nothing much just sitting around and playing with the kids why.”

David says “Heather wants to talk more about the up coming trips.”

I say “cool we’ll be there what time and what do we bring.”
I then say “we have an issue though Zack is in a wheelchair because he can’t walk because of the accident two and a half months ago.”

David says “no problem we can work things out for Zack.”
That’s when David asks “why is Zack in a wheelchair anyway.”

I then say “he was in a coma David remember when Ms. Van Horne called you to bring Zoey to see Zack.” That’s when it hit David.

Heather saw the look and said “what is it honey.”

David said “Zack I didn’t know he needed a wheelchair to get around.”

Heather was looking at David and said “let us get the table set to eat dinner.”

It was the day before the Sunday dinner at the Vaughn house. The kids were getting their Sundays best ready for the next day. I asked the kids if they were ready for tomorrow and got the answer I was hoping for and told them that we had church in the morning and the dinner at the Vaughn’s. I went to every bed in every room tucking the kids in and kissing them good night. I get to our bed room and Kylie says “I guess I need to go give kisses to.”
The next morning the kids were all running around except for Zack. He was sitting in his wheelchair waiting to be loaded up in the van for church.

Zack says “I’ll walk again one day and shock the doctors that said I’d never walk again.” “They said I’d never talk with out writing what I wanted to say so I’m half way there.

I look at Zack and say “I know someone that’s going to be walking by the first of the year” with a smile.

Zack says “give me my cane please because I want to try to walk a few steps.”

I hand him his cane and say “be careful as you stand.”

As Zack stands he takes his first steps since before the accident and his sisters are happy to see him walk to the van and climb in.

Taylor says “I’m proud of you Zack for walking to and getting into the van on your own.”

Katie whispers in his ear “I’m so proud of you Alexis for doing what you did.”

That’s when I see Zack blush and say “why the red face.”
Zack says “Katie called me a name I’ve not heard since I was five.”

I then ask “what name would that be by the way.”

Taylor says “it’s Alexis.”

Katie giggles “you should meet her daddy.”

I look in the rearview mirror and say “I better see my mysterious daughter soon.”

Then Alexis speaks for the first time and says “You will daddy but, you’ll have to wait until Christmas.”

To Be Continued in a Very Merry Christmas

Little Boy-Girl Part 18 a Very Merry Christmas

It was the following week and the kids were happy that in three week they would have two weeks off for Christmas break. David and I where laughing about what the kids did at our little get together.

Zack finally said “what’s so funny.”

Mr. Vaughn said “oh just what happened last week.”

That’s when I said “you wanted something that you couldn’t reach so you asked for help but, you couldn’t wait for someone to help and reached for it yourself. Only to have it spill all over you.”

Taylor then said “Mom and dad didn’t have extra clothes for you so they had to borrow a cute outfit from Zoey.”

Katie said “and it fit you really good too.”

Zoey then said “it looked just as good on you as it did me and pink really looks good on you too.”

Zack looked so shocked that his eyes almost popped out of his head then said shuddering “I was in a pink dress.”
Zoey, Taylor and Katie all said “yes the dress was pink and you looked so cute in it.”

That’s when I said “I got to see my mysterious daughter before Christmas.”

Zack looked at me and said “do you still love me even though I’m different from the other boys at school.”

I said “your no different from Jamie and Michelle because the they both were born as boys but, now are now girls. So I love you as much as I do them.”

Jamie finally said “daddy’s right you are no different than Michelle and I. And some what like Sara Beth.”

Zack asks “what do you mean like Sara Beth.”

Michelle said “Sara Beth is not only a boy but a girl as well.”

I then said “we’d go to a special doctor that can figure out how your brain is wired.”

Zack finally said “that’s alright but I think I’m more like Junior.”

That’s when Junior said “you like to wear girls clothing and have a girl’s name that’s so cool.”

I look at Zack and said “Junior has a girl’s name as well and it’s Kylie Junior.”

Next Chapter Zack walks more

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos