Notta Summer Musical -2 Prelude to Summer

Printer-friendly version


Notta Summer Musical -2
Prelude to Summer




By Jessica C

Imal and Jay got a sweet taste of things to come this summer with their visit to “Teri and the ‘Good Girls Salon and Spa’. It so happens even short hair can have a feminine look. No one would mistake Imal for a woman yet, though his hairdo now causes one to wonder. Jay got his first girl’s outfit. Amber and Toni helped him pick out a long skirt and top. A long skirt was not the first choice of the sorority girls with them, but as they said, “Jalynn does not have the legs for shorter skirts at this time.”

Six members of the Sorority, Imal, Jay and Greg, along with Stan Miller, Nick Schmidt, Joel Porter and Brad Stillwell, also from Beta Chi Nu House (BCN House), are at Judge Crothers chambers Tuesday at four to sign the agreement. Judge Crothers’ daughter and her secretary would act as witnesses. Brad is named in the agreement as he was found smiling when the police opened the door to find him sorting the sorority belongings. He acknowledges Robby had requested the jewelry be set aside for him alone.

Judge Crothers is upset that the independent study has not been registered for with the University. Amber and Coleen, Jay and Imal are to meet the next morning to formalize the study and get it approved by the academic dean. That is if the Dean would appoint Dr. Judy Hanes, PhD, Associate Professor in Sociology and Dr. Audetta Stein, PhD, Professor of Feminist Studies as faculty advisors. Audetta is none too pleased and insists she meet with the four to add detail to the Study: The Diversity of Lifestyles in the 21st Century.

Greg says he’s thankful that he does not have to be partner to either meeting. “I will need to sign it and live under the agreement.” He says, “I’ve already had a class on contract law. It might be necessary, but it’s boring.”

He is not outwardly happy at the Good Girls Salon and Spa, Wednesday morning. If he thought beforehand he might have buzzed-cut his hair. He thought his longer hair and boyish ponytail would be enough, maybe altered a little. Jaci has gone along and made sure some larger curls are permed into his new do.

When he says ‘no’ to using a women’s one piece swimsuit for modest, he had not thought through the alternative of a skimpier two piece. Going nude is not an alternative nor is wearing half of the two piece. Greg insists he is 5’ 9”. Jaci says, “Maybe with your new hairdo.” She asks, “Did you ever want to be six foot tall?”

Sarcastically he responds, “Dah!”

“Well smarty you will get your chance with heels.” With fragrances subtly filling the spa area and later the smell of the salon engulfing her. Greg’s senses are inundated with fragrance, color and even the music, magazines, and conversation are all geared for women. What worries Greg most he is just beginning to enter a prolonged experience of these sensations. ‘Smart indeed’ he thought.

His eyebrows did not have a few hairs pulled out, instead, they too are waxed and shaped. It is not extreme but more than the other two guys. “Don’t worry Greg; Whoever amongst Brad, Nick, Joel and Stan have good singing voices will also get the works to a greater degree like you. Oh, have you selected your girl name yet?”

“No and I don’t want one. I do not plan to get use to this stuff. I will do what I need to fulfill my part of the agreement and study. My character in the musical might have a name but it won’t be mine!”

Jaci says, “You and I can figure out your girl name. I promise you, there will be times you’ll want that name. I like when you cooperate. I’m sensitive that you are not comfortable with some of this but you need to drop the attitude. You guys victimized me, us, once too often. I for one don’t plan for you to do it again nor to deal with your insolence.”

Greg is sitting in the whirlpool and Jaci is sitting across from him. His face softens as he hears what she has said. “Okay, once again what names would you consider? It would be good if it’s not the same as anyone in our house.”

Jaci begins is saying names as she thinks of them and Greg is to pick at least three: Greg, “Shelby, Paige, Marissa, Grace, which of those do you want me to use?”

Jaci laughs back, “I like the names you’ve chosen. I guess I’d lean toward Paige or Grace; Shelby would be cute for you. You need to choose.”

“Paige will be it then.”

Jaci asks, “What’s your mother’s name?”

“Anne but I don’t want to use her name for my name.”

Jaci chirps up, “Her name would be good for your middle name. So it will be Paige Anne Robbins then.”

“Wait, why Robbins, Colleen feels like she already has her hooks into me?”

“They’re not hooks; we thought you could be her relative taking a summer class when being at the House.”

The massage is great though embarrassing. They used a special cream as they massage the dry areas and knead away the knots and tense muscles Paige has. As Greg changes and readies leave, Teri personally handed Greg a complimentary bag of goodies. It even includes a two piece bathing suit. It will be humbling to go to his cost accounting class with his new hair style. Unfortunately he didn’t have time to do anything about it. Jaci convinces him it would be worse if he messed with how he looks. “Plus, you’re seeing Coleen at 4:00.”

Several in the class had heard on campus bits and pieces about the humiliation Greg and some others are being subject too. Surprising to him, he is asked more questions or given friendly advice, instead of the razing and harassment he expected. But as his friend Phil says, “Don’t worry you are going to get hassled mercilessly before this is all over. Many weren’t ready today to give the grief that will come.”


=^..^=

Greg is not in a good mood 3:50 that afternoon when he appears over to the sorority. Tami Sue greets him at the door, “I’ll take you up to Coleen’s room even though you already know the way. Please do not be looking into the other rooms as we make our way there. …Man coming up! …Paige is on the floor!”

Greg says, “Do you have to use that name?”

“Isn’t that is who’s going shopping for an outfit this afternoon? Others in the house are interested in whether you are going to cooperate or not today.”

“As I said before I’ll be doing enough to do what I agreed too.”

Tami says, “I thought Jaci or Coleen already told you to lose the attitude.” Greg remembers at this point he was going to have Deb from his house come along. He’s ready to turn around until he hears Deb’s voice coming from Coleen’s room.

Greg spoke as he enters the room and sees Deb, “I thought you were going to be with me on my side.”

Deb smiled, “Basically I am, and right now I’m probably the only friend you have in this house. If you would think twice and speak up half as much you might come out of this with some good friends and learn something to boot.”

“What can I learn by wearing a dress and acting like a girl?”

Coleen is going to speak, but Deb spoke first. “Being a coed is not about wearing a dress. You will be wearing them, because that will remind Paige she’s a girl. Most of us women on campus don’t usually wear skirts, but we’ll do that more to show some solidarity with you and the others.”

Coleen says, “I’m not going to stop for explanations most of the time or to massage your hurt feelings. Instead of acting like a spoiled little boy, you should learn to focus on being the young woman, Paige. When you do you’ll find things go easier.”

Coleen shakes her head, “Sorry my intentions today are to be supportive. We are going shopping and my suggestion is that you allow us to make you presentable as Paige. You will be able to shop with less grief from others, if you do so.”

Greg says, “And you’re thinking you can make me into a passable girl already? I doubt it very much, I think we might as well shop and just get it over with.”

Jaci says, “I’m pretty good with makeup and hair as a theater major. You already have the makings of a good looking woman. Your bark and tough persona disguises the fluffy kitten you are.”

Greg barks, “Take your best short, apart from covering me with one of those masks there is no cute kitten here.”

Jaci says, “Everyone out except for Deb. Coleen can come back in in about fifteen, twenty minutes… Please use the closet door as a screen to change out of your clothes and put on this bra and panty set if you aren’t already wearing something already.” Only the bra disappears as Greg already has on a panty and pair of pantyhose in anticipation of going shopping. He has even shaved his legs again today.

Jaci and Deb are both amused. Greg says, “I don’t want to hear it, let’s just get on with it.” The bra opened from the front which is helpful as Jaci wants to attach two breast forms. He moans, “Is this really necessary?”

Jaci laughs, “Human kitties have two; it helps them to be soft and cuddly.” Greg grumbles under his breath. Then Jaci says, “That is the last of Greg, I want to hear until you are back from shopping. Deb can work with you to find a nice feminine voice that works for you, while I work on the outward transformations.”

Deb says, “I want you to say, ‘I’m Paige Robbins and I will be taking a summer class at the university this summer.’”

Greg begins, “I’m Paige Robbins…” Deb interrupts, “Don’t force yourself to go too high. I think I heard Paige but she has a softer voice.”

“I’m Paige Robbins and I will be taking a …a summer class …at the university this …this summer.”

Greg starts to say something. Deb interrupts again. “Unless Paige is practicing saying this you can tell us later.”

Paige is trying to speak, “Did you know Dr. Judy Hanes the Associate Professor in Sociology wants me to take one of her classes this summer?”

Deb says, “Better, but you might want to practice saying the same sentence.”

Greg/Paige isn’t ready to give Deb full cooperation, but he does try to speak as Paige. “What good is it going to be for me to take a sociology class along with doing the independent study?”

“Better, stay in character with Paige. Try to speak a bit softer but maintain a good speaking voice. Wait, we have some songs by Taylor Swift for you to sing to. Use Paige’s voice, don’t try to copy Taylor’s. The Song is Bad Blood”.

“Cause baby now we got bad blood
You know it used to be mad love
So take a look at what you've done
'Cause baby now we got bad blood”
“Stop! Not bad, are you able to hear yourself singing along. Continue.
[echo Hey!] Now we got problems
And I don't think we can solve them
You made a really deep cut
And baby now we got bad blood…*
(*Check out MetroLyrics, Taylor Swift, Bad Blood)
Deb says, “Stop, let’s go through all you’ve sung again and again.”
We went through it three more times. Each time Paige is improving. All the while Jaci continues to work on Paige. “Ouch! They already shaped my eyebrows enough today.”

Jaci says, “I disagree, you could have been any woman these will be better for Paige. It goes better with the shape of your face.” She continues to taper the front of each brow which had been kind of square and hard.

Paige doesn’t know much about girls and their eyes any more than what Greg likes. She is not ready to say so, but yes Jaci has them looking better for Paige.

Deb starts the song over, taking Greg’s attention from what Jaci is doing. This time Greg hears another woman in the room and looks around for her. Deb lightly laughs, “The person you’re looking for is in the mirror. Greg looks only to see himself, yet it isn’t quite him. His image is softening, becoming more of a woman. Jaci hands him a printed skirt, a cami to go over the bra and a blouse to go over the cami. The transformation is taking serious shape as Coleen comes back into her room.

“Wow is Greg impressed with how Paige is looking yet?” Coleen gets in front of Paige waiting for an answer. Greg forgets himself and speaks in Paige’s voice, “It isn’t that dramatic.”

Coleen laughs upon hearing the nice change in voice and says, “I guess you haven’t looked in the mirror yet.”

Jaci answers, “Not since she put on her skirt, top and blouse. She doesn’t know yet.” Since Greg/Paige had sat back down in her skirt and tops; Jaci had smoothed out a foundation and was applying some makeup. “Please let me get the face done before we have her looking in any mirrors.”

Deb and Coleen are in agreement and Greg is noticeably worried now. Coleen has taken to doing Greg’s nails. Jaci has placed out a nail polish that will go well with the lipstick to be use. She did not do a major shaping of the nails but the nail polish noticeably transforming the appearance of Greg’s hands. He knew if the rest of the changes are this good, Jaci is living up to her boast in making Greg look like Paige.

Jaci had worked on Paige’s eyes before and now she’s back with the mascara wand doing the eyelashes. She steps back. “I think we are ready, let me brush out her hair and let her see the results.”


=^..^=

Quickly it’s back to Greg speaking, “Yuck! You have me looking like a woman.”

Deb insists, “You’re dressed as Paige, we want to hear her voice.”

Greg says, “No way, I can’t go like this.”

Deb insists again as Coleen and Jaci move to block the door, “Paige’s voice, we’re not speaking to you until you settle down and speaking as Paige.”

Greg swears, “No way, I’ll wait until hell freezes.”

Deb, “That would be a long wait and it will be dressed as Paige.” Deb’s hand catches Greg’s hands ready to undo a button. “You know better than to slap or move my hand away. You asked me to be here.”

“But you’re supposed to be my friend?” Greg dared to look Deb in the eye and that was his undoing.

She says, “You know I’m your friend that’s the only reason I’m here. I don’t want you throwing away your education. You know that wouldn’t be good. You came to college to grow up and be your own person.”

Greg laughs, “I can’t afford to lose college, but growing as my own person didn’t mean as Paige.”

Deb takes her hand away from Greg’s, “Paige’s voice please, it doesn’t mean you’re becoming her. You already said you’d do what you need to keep your word.”

Greg’s eyes tear as Paige’s voice returns, “Please don’t make me go out there dressed as a woman.”

“No one will force you, it will need to be your choice. We need you to pick up that purse; it’s yours for now. It will only be harder later, so please Paige let’s get going.”

Greg/Paige is not beautiful in any great measure, but she will be a young woman and not a guy in a skirt looking for new clothes. They do show a little mercy in allowing Paige to go shopping in a pair of flats.

“Walk back and forth, we need to help Paige get her own stride and walking pattern,” said Coleen. Greg closes his eyes a moment to help him as Paige to respond to Coleen’s request. Paige straightens up, shakes her arms gently as to relax. It takes a while for Paige’s steps to become shorter, narrower and softer. The room door finally opens as Coleen calls out “Paige is on the floor.” Well over a dozen of the sorority members take notice of Paige walking from the room to the waiting vehicle. There she is instructed how to enter and exit the vehicle in a ladylike fashion.


=^..^=

They drive to a nearby mall, where surprisingly to Greg, no one gawks or remarks about the guy in drag. They do remind Paige to shorten her steps, to walk slower and try not to take broad steps. Paige cringes as she walks into Forever 21. He did recognize Abby as the salesperson walking up to them. Abby is a sorority member and evening sales manager at this store.

“Welcome Paige, we’re here to discretely serve you. Do you have anything in mind about what you’re looking for?” Abby as a tall, trim woman looking professional in her demeanor that fosters respect.

Paige spoke, “I’m not sure whether it should be a skirt and top or a dress. Though I don’t want to get either one. I should probably get two so I don’t have to come back.”

Abby said, “That makes sense to me, though I suspect you are going to need at least three or four before the time summer ends. Why don’t we start with a skirt? And though you say you don’t want even one, let me suggest you find something sharp and nice, appropriate for Paige. You’ll do better if you don’t make it a long summer for yourself.”

Let me show you three skirts: this one we call a full skirt as it flares out, this one is a pencil skirt with a straight line from hips to hem, and this one here is a knit skirt it will kind of hug and move with you. I would not be surprised by the end of the summer that each is part of your wardrobe.”

Greg is a little offended but looking at Abby he realizes it was not said that way. “I think I would like to look around at the fuller skirts.” Looking Paige is realizing more of the skirts tend to be shorter for the summer.

Aby asks, “Would you mind if I took some measurements to determine the sizes you should be looking at?” She took the measurements, “You should be comfortable in a size ten skirt and medium to large blouse. I would suggest you get size 6 panties and a thirty-four bra and at this point you can determine the cup size.”

Deb steps up and whispers, “I am willing to help you with the bra and panties. It would be good that you take the initiative to select those without creating a fuss.” Paige whispers back, “I’m willing but do you think you and I can have a half hour without Coleen and Jaci?”

Paige begins looking at skirts as Coleen and Jaci walk off with Abby. Paige has pulled out and set aside two skirts. She is holding another a red faded skirt and is going through where it had been hanging. “Deb, I wouldn’t mind a skirt like this but I can’t find it in blue or green.”

Deb looks, they’re in white, red, yellow, black and tan, but no tan skirts in size 10. “It is a nice skirt and I’d suggest either the red or yellow.”

Paige asks, “So what should I do just buy one, what if it doesn’t fit?”

Deb smiles, “You are just another woman here; you can take up to three in the changing room. I suggest you come out and let me see any skirt on you that you’re serious about buying.” Deb is holding a panty and matching bra for Paige to take with her. “If these fit keep them on and bring out the price tags.”

Paige asks, “What does it mean a bralette?” Greg shyly makes his way to a changing room, sure that someone is going to stop him. Fortunately or unfortunately, however you look at it, Paige is in changing out of what she wore. She puts on what is called varsity boyshorts, and then the red skirt. Nothing will look good to Greg, but it is nice how it fits at the waist, hugs lightly around her bottom and widens out to a full skirt. Without thought he walks out to see Deb. Coleen is standing some ten feet away.

Deb says, “I was guessing you would try that one first. It looks very nice on you, even if you don’t want to hear that. Can I suggest you try this yellow button down blouse or this print top?” She steps closer, “Will the boyshorts work for you?”
Paige reaches for the two blouses. Deb looks to Abby to see if it will be alright to have the extra pieces of clothing into the changing room. She lets her go in as Abby indicates it is acceptable. The abstract print is the first top for Paige to try. It fits nicely, but Paige asks to look for another print. The yellow blouse fits nicely but it opens to the front and Paige is conscious of someone seeing in the gaps. She goes out and finds a print blouse more to her liking. It too will go with the red skirt. One outfit selected. Paige indicates to Deb that she will try on the skirt with the floral print. Soon Deb hands her a blue peasant blouse over the door.

Paige soon has on the skirt which is pretty and calls out to Deb, “How do I know which is the front of this blouse?”

Deb replied, “The white lace bow goes to the front. I want to see you in both the blouse and the skirt.”

Paige tempers her voice but firmly says, “I’m not wearing a lace ribbon and bow.” When Deb did not respond, Paige is sure she should wear the blouse to at least show the skirt.

Paige walks out and models the skirt, even turning around as requested. “So Paige are you going to tell me that outfit is not attractive? I am willing to get you a nice white satin blouse for dress up, but this is a very nice combination.”

“It isn’t the combination, the blouse and skirt work well together. It’s just I am not wanting to wear lace. It is…”

Deb butts in, “Settled then, you’re not wanting to wear a skirt but you’re doing that too. Put back on the first outfit, hand me the price tags and let’s get going.”

That outfit is best to Paige’s liking so she changes back into it. Greg, however is fit to be tied and wants to holler at someone but alas that would out him as a guy wearing a skirt. He suffers in silence. They pay their bill. He did not try on but purchased a second bra and panty set and two pairs of stockings, not pantyhose.

They are soon at Baker’s Shoes, where Paige tires and agrees to purchase a strapped wedge sandal. Its sole is more than an inch thick and the heel adds another two inches. Paige finds walking in it causes her to take the smaller steps that the three women have been insisting on. Jaci stays after Paige until she buys her own pair of flats and a three inch pair of heels for dress up. The day is nice so when Deb encourages Paige to wear a pair home. She goes with the strap sandal.

Greg having been shorter than most guys all his life may have picked the sandals with that in his thoughts. Near the check-out is a woman’s wallet and purse on sale that catches Paige’s attention. She asks Deb, “Is that a good sale price?”

It is a decent price but with three pairs of shoes being purchased, Deb steps forward asking the manager. “This tomboy is new to shopping, what will you do for her, if she purchases the purse, wallet and three pairs of shoes?”

The manager acts a little smug, “She has already selected the shoes and the purse and wallet are on sale.”

Deb smiles, “Paige stop your purchase until they decide to treat you better.” Deb turns to the manager, “Sir, if I came to this store to buy a pair of shoes and decided I might buy three pairs of shoes, even before the purse and wallet, I’d be asking what you can do for me. Now, I’ll ask once more what are you willing to do, so that she purchases all this here? Hopefully your saleswoman April can vouch I’ve bought shoes here as well as the women at their sorority have bought many nice shoes here.

Paige looks to the others who are smiling. She waits and the manager says, “I would offer you a ten percent discount, but I’m not sure that will satisfy you and we might end up dickering. Instead I’ll offer once take it or leave it a twelve percent discount on all those items. If any of you women would be interested in purchasing any shoes right now I’d include them as well.”

Jaci quickly turns to April, points to a fancy wedged sandal and asks “Do you have this shoe in a size six?” Deb resists at first, but buys a regular pair of sandals already on sale.

The activity of women purchasing shoes does not go unnoticed as more shoppers are coming into the store.

Coleen steps up to Paige, “You are now getting your purchase at a very nice price.” Coleen sees that Paige had used most of her cash at the other store. “If it would be more comfortable for you not to use Greg’s plastic, I would be willing to pay for your purchase if you will pay me back within a day.”

Paige had reached for her credit card not thinking of that. “I would appreciate that very much, thank you.” Even with the discount the cost is sizeable.

Coleen’s vehicle with four women and their purchases is quite full. Paige relaxes as she gets in. “I hope we are finished shopping and can go back to the Row.”


=^..^=

Jaci comments, “We are finished shopping but what you have done is worth celebrating. I am sure everyone is hungry and the houses have quit serving supper.” Coleen’s vehicle turns in a direction away from our houses.

When we pull up to a place called the Garden Pub and Tea Room, Paige giggles, “A pub and tea room together what a crazy idea. Why haven’t I ever heard of it?”

“Because it wasn’t seeking to draw the likes of Greg. If you look next door there is a woman’s fitness center. There’s a women and children’s wellness clinic nearby.” We go in and there is the capability to order a full meal, tables near a bar, mounted TV’s but the venue is different from most places. Off to the far end Jaci points out the tea room. We find a cozy table off from others, but we’re seen by our waitress. Luckily Jaci sat first reminding Paige how to sit properly.

Once the waitress leaves with the orders, Coleen asks, “So Greg how do you like your life as Paige?”

“You know very well how I feel about it,” Greg’s voice bellows from Paige’s mouth. People look around for who is speaking. Greg is embarrassed and doesn’t dare to say more. Out of nervousness Paige takes a big gulp of water and gets back into her personality. The remainder of their small supper and longer visit culminates with Paige needing to use a restroom.

Deb figures it out and announces, “Paige and I need to use the ladies’ room to freshen up before we return to Beta Chi Nu House. Three steps from the table Paige is embarrassed to see Coleen and Jaci getting up to come with them.

Paige isn’t sure the correct procedure but once in the toilet stall she turns, lifts up her skirt and then seeks to bring down her panty and pantyhose. She struggles to sit down while making sure her skirt is not in the way. The reverse is even harder as she needs to make sure she is tucked away properly. Paige as Greg always thought women took too long but two women have come and gone using the stall next to her. By the times she is certain the back of her skirt is free and she is together, she finally leaves her stall to the applause of Jaci, Deb and Coleen.

They delight in watching Paige clean up and freshen her makeup with them pointing out each blemish, hair out of place and the lipstick that needs touching up. She does appreciate their praise when she is done.

She is again frustrated when Coleen ignores her plea to be let out at the BCN House. Coleen asks, “Do you really want to go there without Greg’s change of clothes and carrying all your new clothes?”

“They are going to see me sooner or later anyhow.” But alas they are at the sorority house and everything is unloaded at the front door. Several sorority sisters help to carry it into the front room. By the time Coleen has parked the car and is back in, some twenty sisters have gathered. Paige is unaware of the women’s tradition of showing off their new clothes. This would usually be up in the room of whoever did the most shopping, but Paige doesn’t have a room there. She will not get away until she shows her other outfit and her shoes.

While the many women fuss over this and that, Paige is fading away from two glasses of wine and the long day she has put in. It is barely 11:00 when they bring her feet up on the sofa and place a blanket over her to keep her warm. The House Mother tells Coleen, “She can stay here until 1:00 a.m. and then she should be rested enough to be escorted back to her house. …And I don’t want her losing her virginity here.”

To be continued…

up
64 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments