Runway | Chapter 32:

Printer-friendly version

Runway
Chapter 32: Ouch it Hurts -

by Arecee

The following week, Brenda needed more cocaine from Melissa. She wanted to have it tested to see if a new batch had come in. Brenda was tiring of this whole investigation and wanted nothing more than to have it end.

“Melissa, remember when you said that if I ever need some more of, you know, that stuff just to ask?”

“Of course, sweetheart. Come into my office and I’ll get you some,” Melissa answered.

Brenda entered Melissa’s office and closed the door. Melissa walked to the painting hanging on the wall behind her desk and pulled the frame loose from the magnetic catch and swung it aside to reveal a wall safe. Melissa turned the combination dial and opened the safe revealing several packages of drugs. They appeared to be different from each other, so Brenda assumed one was cocaine and the other must be meth.

“Do you have something to put this in?” Melissa asked.

“No, I forgot to bring my compact,” Brenda answered.

“Your compact isn’t big enough for this. You need something larger. The compact is for your personal use when you want something to get you through the day. I’ll put it in this plastic bag. Make sure you hide it in an envelope or somewhere people can’t see it. I’d hate it if my receptionist was busted for carrying drugs,” Melissa laughed nervously.

Melissa measured some of the powder into the bag and sealed it.

“Here you are, this should last until next week. Has Tiffany tried this yet?” Melissa asked.

“Not yet, I used all of it myself.”

“My, my, aren’t we the adventurous one,” Melissa laughed.

“It’s not that Melissa, it just makes me feel so good,” Brenda said, hoping that she was cementing her relationship with Melissa.

“I’m sure Tiffany would love it too, but don’t share it with her just yet. I don’t want her doing things she shouldn’t do,” Melissa said.

“I won’t Melissa, and thank you. How much do I owe you for this?” Brenda asked.

“You don’t have to pay me sweetheart, I just want you to be happy. I might have to ask you to do a favor for me later, but not right now, run along.”

Brenda left Melissa’s office and closed the door. Melissa could hardly contain her joy with the rapid drug use Brenda portrayed. She wanted Tiffany to start using too, but not until she had worn herself out on modeling assignments. She was worth too much money to her right now and it would be a shame to throw all that down a hole just to make Tiffany prostitute herself. Maybe it will be best if Brenda uses it all herself, she thought. That girl will be a real money maker for me.

Brenda went to her desk and called Bill Cline.

“Bill Cline.”

“Hi Bill, I’d like to get together later if that works for you?” Brenda asked.

“See you at six at the same place?”

“Okay, see you then.”

Brenda arrived at the restaurant a few minutes early and Bill hadn’t arrived yet. Brenda had come to grips with what she and Danny had done, thanks to Annie explaining that what she had done was just a normal way of pleasing a man.

“Hi Danny,” Brenda said as she seated herself at the bar.

“Brenda, I was afraid you weren’t coming back, how are you?” he asked.

“I’m fine Danny, I’m sorry I over reacted to what we did. How have you been?”

“Just fine, you know me working all the time.”

“Don’t you mean most of the time,” Brenda said with a wink.

“Meeting your friend again?”

“Yes, more business to attend to.”

Bill entered the restaurant and sat next to Brenda. She removed a manila envelope from her purse, which she had folded in half and handed it to Bill.

“Here’s the paperwork you wanted Bill,” Brenda said. She didn’t want Danny to think she had drugs with her again.

“Thanks Brenda, have you eaten yet?”

“No.”

“Neither have I and I’m starving, lets get a table.”

Brenda and Bill stayed for dinner and left after they were finished. Danny watched and wondered if he would be able to see Brenda again, he really did like the girl.

Bill called the next day and informed Brenda that the cocaine was the same batch as the last one she provided, and that she would have to wait longer until she got more from Melissa.

Several weeks past, which gave Brenda time to watch Melissa’s visitors. When she first started working at Universal, people would come and go and she didn’t think much about it, but now a pattern had developed. The same girls would come by once or twice a month, have a conference with Melissa and then leave. Connie was one of the girls in that group of maybe fifteen different women. They were all good looking, and most looked like former models. Brenda was starting to put the whole thing together. They were the escorts working for Melissa and they were coming by for their drugs and the money split from their dates with the men who were paying for their services. Brenda needed to know more about the action and decided she would to talk to Connie the next time she came by.

Brenda figured Melissa would have replaced her supply by now, with all the travel from her office and asked for some more drug.

“Melissa, I was wondering if I might get some more of that special treat you have for me?” Brenda asked.

“Of course dear, come into my office.”

Melissa liked that Brenda was asking for more cocaine in a shorter amount of time. This meant that she was using more and needed it more often, a sure sign that she was becoming hooked. It was time to start her on the road to prostitution, her first encounters would be innocent at first, no sex, but as her needs grew so would her responsibilities toward her clients.

Melissa measured another batch of coke for Brenda and sealed the plastic bag.

“Here you are Brenda, I’m glad you like what I’ve been giving you,” Melissa said.

“I enjoy it very much Melissa, I don’t know how to thank you for being so nice,” Brenda said, as the words almost stuck in her throat.

“There is a way Brenda. Do you remember me telling you that I might need a favor from you someday in exchange for what I’ve done for you?”

“Yes.”

“Well I have a client coming from the west coast and he needs someone to be with him when he goes to a dinner function tonight. I described you to him and he would like you to go with him. You don’t have to worry, there will be no sex involved. You just have to look appealing if you know what I mean?”

“Can’t one of the other girls go with him?”

“Brenda, it’s time to repay your debt to me. This will be fun for you. All you have to do is look sexy. What happens after that is your business,” Melissa said.

“I don’t have anything to wear,” Brenda said, hoping that she could get out of this thing.

“Don’t worry, I’ll provide something for you. You’re a size six, aren’t you?”

“Yes.”

“What shoe size do you wear, dear?”

“I wear a size eight.”

“Good, it’s done. I’ll have everything delivered here this afternoon.”

Brenda took the cocaine from Melissa and put it in her purse. She called Bill and made arrangements to see him that noon, she wanted to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Brenda and Bill met at a small park to exchange the drug.

“Bill, this thing is starting to get messy, Melissa wants me to escort one of her clients to dinner tonight and I don’t even want to think of where this is going,” Brenda said.

“She doesn’t want you to have sex, does she?”

“She said it doesn’t involve sex, but what if the guy expects it? They did say we might have to do things we wouldn’t want to do when we took this assignment. It’s important to gain the trust of Melissa, but I didn’t think it would involve sex.”

“Tell him no, tough shit if Melissa loses a client.”

“He might try to force himself on me. What should I do then?”

“Brenda, you’re trained in martial arts, so you should know what you should do. You haven’t forgotten already, have you?”

“I suppose not, it’s just that things are so different when you’re a girl. I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“I’m sure you will be, you’re a fine agent. I have to get back and have this tested. You be careful tonight,” Bill said with concern.

“I will be,” Brenda said.

Brenda walked back to the office and wondered if she was pushing the investigation too fast. She certainly hadn’t planned on dating some guy from out of town and to be his escort, as Melissa had called it. Brenda knew what she really was, a prostitute. How was she going to avoid having sex with the man, she wondered. Bill had mentioned that she knew how to take care of herself, but what he didn’t know was that her strength had diminished as the hormones had sculpted her body. She might know the moves, but was she fast enough to take a man by surprise? And what if he gained the upper hand, then what? Would she be able to kick or fight with heels on, she hadn’t trained for that. Brenda was becoming concerned that she was stepping way over a line that could mean her death.

Should I gain Melissa’s trust or should I just forget about this whole thing, she wondered. Then the thought of the time and money already involved in this operation came to mind as did her new self, the woman she had become. No, she thought, I’ll do it. I’ll just have to take extra care so as not to get hurt.

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hmmm

No sign of Brenda's boyfriend... You'd think he'd make an appearance. :-)

Oh my

Brenda definately is getting in it, and seems she has no control. that is a deadly situation. I do hope there is a calvary in the wings to help Brenda when she realizes she is in major trouble.

I do so hope she will be safe. I hope Tiffany is going to be safe too. I really enjoy the story, and it is starting to get heavy into the plot.

Good job Arcee.

Hugs
Joni w

a double helping of arcee

Show me the money what a great story but so sad the last couple chapters hopefully the mom gets better.I've lost a few to cancer in my family and have a brother who is a breast cancer survivor so it hits close to home.Runway another great chapter will Brenda find herself in a position of being revealed as TS or will it just be a dinner date/I'm sure you'll let us know next chapter or does that one belong to Tiffany? Thanks Samantha for editing and posting and thank you arecee for Double the reading pleasure.Amy