Abnormalies Part 2

Printer-friendly version

Abnormalies

Part 2

Back at the base.

“This is a base message for all residents with children between the age of 12 and half and 13. There will be a general meeting in the main conference room in 30 minutes.”

“Oh well, love. Guess this means us and Twitch. They did mention that when she got old enough we would be invited to a meeting with the guardians.”

“I guess we will find out about or baby then. God, I hope they have some good news.”

“So do I love, so do I.”

30 minutes later.

“Good afternoon all. You will all have met with me when you were brought here, granted you did not know where you were going, that was to keep our base location confidential. You may have wondered how we knew how to contact you, well when you were born it immediately registered on our scanning system to let us know where you were. Every time a new one of us gets born, it registers by picking up your DNA on our main monitor that you see before you.”

“Excuse me, but how does it know where we are?”

“Good question, if you remember all seeing the old style B movies where alien’s abducted back on your televisions. Well we use a slightly more advanced software, so therefore we know where you are all of the time.”

“Thanks for clarifying that. We wondered how you found us.”

“Anyway back to where we were at previously. In all told, we have 10 bases like this one located all around the world. Due to stringent security, we do not know where the others are located. This is to make sure that if one base is compromised, the others can track you and hopefully get to you before the government does. What I called you here for is for the next phase in what you need to be told. It may come as a surprise to some of you, but as some of you are scientists, you may already know what is happening here on Earth.”

There was a few grumbled nods and quiet whispers from the adults as most of them were aware from working in their different departments they knew what was happening, but did not know the full extent, that information was being kept from them by the people higher up.

“If you do not want your children here to hear what is to be discussed then please take them back to your rooms and you can explain to them later. We do not want to cause hysteria here.”

With that, none of the parents moved to take their children away as they figured the kids could handle some of what was being discussed. They had received a private communication from the base leader earlier outlining the meeting.

“Ok then, as none of you have left I am assuming what I sent around earlier is acceptable to all. There is no way to sugar coat this, but as I explained earlier, the Earth has no more than 30 years left, before the planet is doomed due to the overuse of fossil fuels burned in the last century and half. By our reckoning, by then, the ozone will have completed depleted and the harmful rays from your sun will scorch this planet. What you have been brought here for is twofold. It is to make sure that your species continues to exist, and to also help repopulate a planet in the next galaxy.”

There were a few gasps as some of this was not communicated in the private message.

“I can see from some of your faces you did not expect this. I may look human but in fact I am a Genan. I actually come from an area in space not that far from here in our race’s technology. But by your races technology it is too far for your current mode of space travel. Our area of space where I am from, we have suffered for over 200 of your Earth years of population problems. No, we have not got an over populations, we have in fact the opposite. Our race can no longer reproduce. The asteroid that hit your moon over 80 years ago was in fact sent by my race. It contained the building blocks of our DNA to help you here on Earth. The main reason for that is our race is both male and female, you can exist as both or just one sex. In fact, you can change your sex as much as you want. That is not so for the parents gathered here. This is only for those children that suffer from what you call Transgendered. The power to choose your gender comes into force on your 13th birthday, as we have a few here approaching that milestone, we thought it best to let you know now so you can choose one of the 2 options I will put forward to you.”

The base commander looked across the gathered families to see the reaction. Not seeing any major shock they decided to continue.

“Option 1, is on the child’s 13th birthday, they can literally choose which sex they want to carry on as, they can be male, female or in fact both. Their modified DNA allows for living as both which is not current viable by normal human beings, those poor souls have either had that option taken away from them at birth, or once they got close to puberty the choice had to be made one way or another. If they had had a grandparent who worked at the facility when the explosion happened then they too would have had this choice I am given you now.”

“You said there were 2 options?”

“Yes I did, first let me finish with the first option. Also when the child reaches their 13th birthday part of their power kicks in, it gives them the added ability to space warp, meaning that not only can they currently use their own Cromag to traverse the Earth without the starters and inhibitors, they can use this same built in ability to traverse space. This is of course if you take up our offer. We are giving the families of those children the option to travel to Genesis, the area we are from. There you have the option of living lives as normal, or what we hope is to help our race to try and find out why my race has lost the functionality to reproduce. This of course would help us as well as keeping you far away from your current government who I am afraid to say, currently do not treat anyone with the enhanced DNA with form of dignity, from what we have heard their life span is seriously reduced.”

“Option 2, we have the technology from studying human DNA to introduce an RNA that will technically rewrite your current DNA back to fully human. This means you will no longer have the ability to use the Cromag part of their DNA, you will technically be back to fully Human form. Of course, this may affect your decision because of your children’s status in the world. They will have to go through the normal human way of dealing with being transgendered. If you choose this option, you will be given new names and moved to a different country you were born in with a full background in place, so if the government scan you, it will not show up and you can live for the next 30 years on Earth. You will no longer have the option to travel with our group. If you choose option 1. When your child reaches the age of transition, they will be given a week’s training on how to be able to use their new ability and on how to be able to change their current form to that which they choose.”

“What about the Cromag’s that do not have kids? Do they get the option?”

“We contact them separately and given them the option, as these children are indeed part of our race in some way. We offer all of our citizens the option to stay here or travel to one of the planets. These children of Genesis have to travel a different way, usually they are brought here to travel with a family that has granted them passage with them. Tell me, why do you ask?”

“Well, my cousin works for a current government department of which he will not tell me the name of. He is of course one of use as he is my mother’s sisters son. He and his wife cannot actually have kids, believe me they have tried.”

“Ah, I am assuming your cousin’s family name is Jennings?”

“How do you know that?”

“He also works for us, letting us know what the government is currently doing and gives us a heads up, so to speak. We are also aware they cannot have kids, some of the DNA from our race did make it through, which unfortunately included the unfortunate side effect of not being able to reproduce. That is also one of the reasons we try and get all Cromag’s to choose option 1, to help the others being able to have children. Well I have given you all a lot of information here. I will give you 2 days to talk this over with your families and if you can let me know your decision in the next few hours so we can let Genesis know how many will be due to travel. Thank you all.”

The families all went back to their rooms to discuss what had been said, Twitch’s parents and Twitch herself could not believe what she had been told, to be able to genetically change to being fully female was a dream come true, her very large eyes were bating themselves to her parents hoping by all hope they would choose option 1. This information was sent to Rich and Lou to pass onto royalty.

A few hours later, all but one family had chosen to go off world so to speak. Twitch’s family was one of those to choose to go off world, they also had the option of taking their own parents with them, granted they were old now, but they were some of the original scientists that studies the asteroid that hit the moon. This meant that Twitch could still talk to her Grandmother. She had originally lost her husband a year or so earlier, and Twitch’s family was all the family she had left, she had not heard from them in 6 months since the told her they had to leave quickly for the sake of Twitch. She understood but since then had got lonely, she had friends, but family was family.

The one family that decided not to go, even given the fact that child had repeatedly asked to be able to go, so he could go through the change, was Jon’s family. How on earth could Jon tell Twitch his family had chosen option 2? The two had grown very close in the 6 months they had been at the base and Jon had grown very fond of Twitch, even as far as saying he loved her, but being only 12 nearly 13, he was hard pressed to know exactly what the feeling was.

Genesis

“Greetan is here to see you your highness.”

“Send them in please.”

“Ah Greetan, I take it you have the latest figures and details of the soon to be new Genan population?”

“Yes your highness, here is the list including full names, DNA, and specific knowledge the latest members of our race will arrive with. There is roughly 50 families that have signed up to come here from all of the bases, unfortunately out of the 10 bases, 5 families have chosen not to accept our offer. Once you have looked over the list I will then sort out who will work in which department we have to try and figure out why we cannot reproduce.”

“Thank you Greetan, if you stay here it will not take long to go over the list.”

“Yes, your highness.” Any minute now he thought.

“What in blazes is this? Is this correct what I am reading here Greetan? It cannot be possibly, we cannot reproduce so your figures cannot be right. I want this child’s DNA rechecked immediately.”

“I am sorry your highness, but the information you have in front of you is correct. We somehow managed to create a link between one specific DNA of a human and managed to cross that with your families DNA, specifically your daughters, may she rest in peace.”

“If I am reading this correctly then I want that child’s family up here as soon as possible. I do not want her to wait until she is 13 to get the ability to come here. Which base is she on? I have a good mind to take the Royal Command ship to get her myself.”

“You cannot do that your highness, they will spot your ship with the current sensors that are in orbit around the Earth, and she is currently located in Base 10.”

“In that case, get the base commander to immediately…”

With that she was cut off by a blaring high pitched warning tone, letting them know one of their bases on Earth was under attack. A message was immediately shown on the vid screen.

“Oh my god your highness, Base 10 has apparently come under attack. That is their individual tone for needing immediate extraction. It seems this attack was very sudden, even the operative we had in their government did not know it was going to happen.”

“Greetan, I want the imperial Battlegroup deployed to Earth now. If in fact that is my Granddaughter, I want her here immediately.”

Rich and Lou just stared at the monitor that showed Base 10 was under attack. They had overheard what Greetan had mentioned earlier about the Royal granddaughter being at that base.

“Oh shit Lou, things are going to get a little bit nasty around here.”

With that they both heard the tones for the Imperial Battlegroup sounding, this group was always on call and ready for action after the last time Genesis was under attack, it was always kept fully manned. Within a few minutes the captain registered ready for deployment.

“This is the captain of the Imperial Battlecruiser your highness, which race are we defending against?”

“You are not defending Captain, it is indeed the rescue of my granddaughter on Earth at Base 10. Make sure she gets back to me. Take no prisoners, defend her at all costs.”

“Yes Ma’am, deploying for Earth”

End of part 2

Again many thanks to Karen Page of the SPA Universe for editing and proofing.

The next part may be a few days, I have already started it, but I am back at work tomorrow so will not have chance to write any more until the night time.

Thank you to those that commented and liked part 1, there is a lot more to follow.

Samantha

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Aargh this chapter, Abnormalies

don't worry, I have already written a bit more of part 3. I can either keep them short and post every few days or make them longer and post every 7 to 10 days, problem is with an editor and proof reader it takes longer to proof longer chapters

WOW

This could become a great story if done right now, first release the next chapters because if you don't people will eventually give up on your site and as you know how many sites never ever finish their damn story. Second : Give your characters good solid parts of your story. Yes Shock and Awe will work Romance is always a pleasure. So yeah you should be proud of your story So Far.....Love you all! Bye