A Dogs Life

Printer-friendly version
Chapter 1: Like My Dog

This is not ordinary day. You know the feeling. I woke up with as usual with my normal sigh. I really didn’t want to go to school. It’s so typical, no fourteen-year-old wanted to go to school. Well, any child these days.

I lay on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I stayed up all night thinking of what to get my friend Ralph for his birthday present today. I look over at my cellphone sitting on the table next to me. I couldn’t look fort a gift for him there. It wouldn’t get to me on time.

I sit up. Stretching and yawning and notice my dog Zelda looking at me. She must have came in to my room and laid down on my bed. Zelda was named after my favorite video game. You know what I am talking about and if you don’t ‘what world do you live on’ Even Robin Williams knows the game. He did name his daughter after the game.

My favorite game of the Zelda series is "A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time. I haven’t figured out which one is my all time favorite.

I get up off my bed and start dressing for school. I sigh again. “This sucks.” I hate looking for clothes. It’s so boring and I can’t match, because I am color blind.

After I dressed, I walked over to the bed and started petting Zelda. “You are so lucky. You don’t have to go to school.” I pet her for a few minutes and get up off the bed. “If only I were a dog, just like you.”

I knew this wouldn’t ever happen and started laughing. Walking down stairs, I almost trips on a Barbie doll. “Karly!” I yell upstairs to my little sister. “Why do you have to keep your toys on the staircase?” Karly runs over to the stairs.
“Don’t move any of them. I’m not finished playing yet.”
I was going to yell some more, but stopped. I knew this would not get anywhere. One of these days, I am going to throw those toys away, or something.

For breakfast today, we had pancakes and bacon. I love bacon, I hate the smell of it. I wish it had a better smell. School started in an hour, so I had plenty of time. Every school morning I would eat fast and then head over to my friend’s house.
“Don’t forget, This afternoon we are going to the doctors office for a checkup, so hand this letter in to the office before school.” Mom says handing me an envelope. I finish breakfast, rinse my plate and started heading over to my friend Ralph’s house.

I start walking down the road. I had to get Ralph a birthday gift before school started because today is his birthday. But I didn’t even know what to buy. I stop in front of a storefront. Mr. Wing’s collectibles and stuff. The store said “stuff.” I laughed, thinking of an old Beavis and Butt-head episode. I wasn’t allowed to watch that show, but my mom never knew I did. I look at the storefront a little bit. It didn’t look like a store I ever saw before. I walked inside. The room was filled with lots of dragons, unicorns, and lots of mythical creatures. There were lots of other items as well. Accent swords you may have seen in King Arthur movies was one that caught my eyes the most.

I stumbled over a small stone on a shelf. I grabbed it to look at it better. It had really cool markings on it. I had to get this too. Just then an old man appeared out of nowhere.
“May I help you, young man?” he said. I was startled and almost dropped the stone. I looked at the old man. He must have been Mr. Wing. He had a long white beard and was smoking a very long pipe. He looked Asian.
“Uh, hi. I am looking for a gift for my friend. His birthday is today.”
The old man walked around the counter. “I see you like that stone in your hand.” I said pointing to the stone. “Is that what you want to get?”
“No sir, but I do want this stone as well. I am interested in the sword behind you on the wall for my friend.”
The old man looks behind him. “That is a replica of King Arthur’s sword. Would you like it?”
“How much would it be”
“The sword is two hundred and fifty and the stone, is one hundred, which brings it all up to three-hundred and fifty dollars.”

Wow that’s kind of spendy. I take my money out of my pocket. I saved it up for months. I started counting the dollar bills and found out I didn’t have enough to pay for the stone.

I looked at the sword and the stone in my hand, which I really wanted as well. “I won’t be able to buy this stone.” I put it back on the shelf.
The man smiled. “You seem to be a good lad, I can sell you the sword and give you the stone as a gift from me.”
“Are you sure about that? What’s the catch?”
“No catch. I am just a nice guy. You just remind me of my grandson. Just let me tell you a little secret about that stone.” I picked up the stone again and looked at it. “That stone, is a magical stone. It only gives out one wish. Not any wish. No, You can’t wish for money. You can’t make anyone fall in love with you. You can’t kill people, You can’t wish for invincibility and you can’t wish for more wishes. But whatever you wish, will come true. After that, it just becomes a paperweight.” He chuckles a bit.

I couldn’t believe my ears. I never believed wishes were real. I had to get it. I quickly paid for my items, thanked him and left the store. When I got outside, I ran over to Ralph’s house and rang the doorbell. As usual, Ralph’s mother answered the door.
“Hi Andrew, Ralphie is still eating breakfast, come on in.”
I walk inside and heads right to the kitchen where Ralph is eating French toast and eggs as well as bacon.
I hand Ralph the bag I bought, minus the stone. “Sorry, I didn’t gift wrap it. I just got it at a cool store down the road.”
“That’s aright, I don’t always like unwrapping gifts.” He takes the bag and opens it. He started taking out the sword. “Wow!” He cried. “Is this what I think it is?”
“It’s King Arthur’s Sword.” I said. “But I was told it was a replica. Who knows how much the original one would cost today.” They both laughed.
“That sword would really do well with your collection of King Arthur dolls.” Ralph’s mother said.
“For the last time mom, they are not dolls, they are action figures.”
“Sorry, I forget sometimes.” She said, grabbing Ralph’s empty plate and taking it over to the sink to wash it.

We ran up to Ralph’s Room and put the sword on the bed.
“When I get home from school, I am going to mount it to the wall.”
He noticed that I was holding a stone. “What’s with the rock?”
“Oh this isn’t a rock, I said. “It’s a wishing stone.”
“Cool what wish are you going to make?”
“I haven’t thought of it yet.”
“Wish for a billion dollars,” Ralph said excitedly.
“I can’t. It’s on the list of wishes I can’t make.”
“Well what can you make from it?”
“hmm…” I thought. “Well, this morning, I thought of being a dog until the end of the school year or until school starts next fall.”
“A dog?”
“Yes, They don’t have to go to school, they don’t have to do chores. There are lots of things I can do as a dog.”
“Why until the end of the school year? That’s three months from now. And why the summer? Why not be a dog for the rest of your life?”
“Yeah right a dog’s life is only a few years compared to human years.”
“You can always say a dog that lives forever?”
“I think that counts as invincibility or something. That's one of the wishes I can’t wish for.” I pointed out.
“Well before you do make a wish, make sure I don’t forget who you are.”
“I’m smarter than that.” I laugh.

I take the stone and make my wish.
“I wish, I were a beagle, just like my dog at home… but only until school starts next year.” I thought of enjoying being a dog for the summer. “My family thinks I am the other family pet. Everyone else thinks I am on vacation except for my friend Ralph. We can still communicate by telepathy.”

Just then with in a few seconds of the wish, I could feel my body changing. First my skin started itching. I saw fur start growing all over everywhere. I couldn’t stand on two feet anymore. I shrunk to the size of a full-grown beagle. My face started growing a snout my teeth started growing until I got canine teeth. Everything started growing so fast. I started whimpering, because I was still in human clothes and my tail just grew out of my body. It was hurting me. Ralph helped me out of my old clothes. He could see my private parts, but it didn’t bother Ralph one bit. All dogs are naked. Ralph laughed.

“What’s so funny?” I spoke through my mind.
“your penis hasn’t changed it still looks human like. It looks funny being on a dog. Especially a small dog. Ralph snickered.
“Ha, ha. Very funny.” I barked.
“Now that you are a dog, what are you going to do next?”
“We will have to see.” This is a new experience for me.”


Be Sure You Taste Your Words, Before You Spit Them Out - Unknown
up
104 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Telekinesis?

How do you communicate by telekinesis? By throwing things? By writing? Well that certainly would be more entertaining than by telepathy. Or not?