Magic Of The Kingdom - News Article

Printer-friendly version

While proofreading the MotK story, this news article came to me, I hope you enjoy.

Pixie Saves Drowning Pirate

Walt Disney World, Heather Smith, Staff Writer

Tuesday morning the Pirates of Caribbean ride hit an object on the track it follows under the water. The ride jerked after it hit the obstruction, causing an actor playing a pirate to fall in the water. Laden down with a heavy costume the pirate was unable to stay afloat, and was being quickly pulled to the bottom of the lake that the ride is in. Actresses playing Disney Pixies from the Tinkerbell franchise were on board the ride at the time. One of the actresses, playing Silvermist, quickly dived in the water to save the pirate.

Attempts to get the actresses name, and pirates name were repeatedly returned with the same answer. Disney has told us that the pirates name is Red the Pirate, and the pixie’s name is Silvermist. We were given a statement by Steve DeBell, from the Walt Disney World Public Relations Department, that the ride hit an snapping turtle which decided the track was an good place to take a nap. No serious injuries were reported, other than the now dead turtle. The pirate was checked out in the in house medical clinic and released. DeBell stressed that at no time were any park guests in any danger. The pirate fell in the water only because he was up in the rigging of the sails about 20 feet above the water. He apparently lost his hand hold when he experienced the unexpected small jerk. This was not the first time such an incident has happen on the ride. In 2009 the park experience an fatal drowning of an actor for the same circumstance.

The ride was shut down for the afternoon while divers checked the underbody of the ship, and track out. Witnesses say that all the pixies, which there was about seven of them on the ride, were missing that afternoon. That evening the normal evening fireworks and show was changed to Pixie Rocking Party in honor of Silvermist. All pirates and Pixies were observed in attendance of that show. A pirate, assumed to be Red the Pirate, personally gave Silvermist an medal of honor. The pixie stressed that she was a trained water fairy, and you shouldn’t try what she did at home.

The State Department of Workplace Safety and State Department of Amusement Parks both said that nothing was reported to them about the incident. Both also commented when we report the incident to them that it sounds like too minor of an incident for reporting. SDAP said that they require reporting of incident having serious or fatal injuries, or damages over a certain dollar amount. FWS reported that they require reporting of injuries that cause the worker to be off to recover and fatal injuries.

Attempts by this reporter to interview Silvermist yesterday at the park were not successful. The other pixies reported that she was in neverland fixing a water problem. It was assumed that the actress who plays Silvermist was not working. It is unknown if she was giving a day off in reward, or that was her normal off day.

The ride was observed to be back up and operating like normal yesterday. Since all the pirates, except for Jack Sparrow, look basically alike, it is unknown if the pirate which was saved from davey jones locker was in attendance or not.

~oOo~

Annie had just walked in a gas station down the door from her house to buy some drinks, and happen to glance at the newspapers as she went by. She did a double take after seeing her sister, or her sisters alter-ego, staring back at her. After grabbing a small stack of papers, which turned out to be three, she grabbed the drink she was going to get, and after paying, high tailed it home.

Picking up her phone she called Gretchen up, “Change of plans, Gret, I am going to be 25 to 45 minutes later than I agreed to meet up at the Kingdom, I will explain later...”

“Can you let Crystal know? …”

“See you later.”

Running in to her room at the house, she dropped one paper on her bed, and grabbed the swipe card to get in Sarah and Olivia’s apartment.

After finally getting back the bus stop, opposite the gas station she was in earlier, just in time for the bus towards Celebration.

On the ten mile ride to towards her sisters mansion, she read the article that caught her eye. She thought it was good but extremely short on details.

“Next stop 500 block of Celebration Avenue,” the loudspeaker announced.

She ran in the apartment, and set a paper right where Olivia and Sarah would see it.

As she walked to her catch the bus to the Magic Kingdom, she typed a text message to her sister.

“S, I left u a present of the paper variety @ ur house, A” She was well aware that her sister probably wouldn’t get it till at least her lunch break, maybe later in the day.

Once back at the bus stop, she noticed she had a hair more than 5 minutes to catch the correct bus to the transportation center.

~oOo~

Gretchen glanced at her phone after hearing the ding for a text message.

“@ monorail - A”

“meet @ gate, currently @ Peter Pan’s Flight - G, C”

“Crystal, Annie is at the monorail.”

“About time, I wonder what took her so long?” Crystal asked rhetorically.

~oOo~

Just outside still closed Pixie Hollow the three girls ran into Alice and Hatter.

“Hey it is those fans again, I wonder if they replaced the batteries yet, or if they need more mustard?” Hatter surmised as they walked towards the girls.

“Hi Hatter and Alice,” Gretchen said as the 3 walked past the two from wonderland in a brisk walk towards where Gretchen had last seen Peter Pan, Silvermist and Periwinkle having a snowball fight.

Getting there, the found no Silvermist, but Periwinkle and Tinkerbell were signing autographs for a couple of young twins.

Annie went up to Tinkerbell after she was done, and asked “Where is Silvermist, Tink?“

“Oh, it is my broken fan, I still have to adjust that doodab!” Tinkerbell said as she poked Annie on the forehead.

Tinkerbell noticed the picture of Silvermist staring at her in the newspaper that Annie held tightly as she giggled.

Trying hard to not grab the paper and read it, she replied she should be back in few, she flew to pixie hollow a second.

"How is a raven like a broken fan?" Hatter said to Crystal.

"I don't know?"

"They both need more ketchup," Hatter said as he handed Crystal a packet of ketchup.

"Oh Hatter," Alice sighed.

"Broken fan is right, I make more wind than they do ... Hmmp"

"Hello Vidia."

"I heard at least a dew drop was looking for me?"

"Silvermist!" the three shouted.

Walking up to her briskly, "We got you a present," Annie said...

"Does it come from Tinkerbell? She always makes the best stuff, Rosetta show the dew drops your light catcher that Tink made for you."

While Gretchen and Crystal were distracted by the light catcher, Annie gave Sil the newspaper. "I left another one at my friends Olivia's house."

Tink hearing her friend of name looked instinctively towards where Sil and Annie were talking.

"Tink look at this found thing," Sil said to Tink.

"We should go see Fairy Mary about it."

~oOo~

Sitting around the break room table Wendy said to Silvermist, "Well I do say! You're famous" as she handed the newspaper to Alice.

Trying to change the subject, "Alice what you doing after work? Tink and I are thinking about another time out with friends. Be advised though that Annie probably will be there. She needs to be spoiled with attention once in a while."

"Only Annie, not the rest of the fans? When I next run in to Peri I will check with her."

"Yep only Annie, as far as I know Gret and Crystal don't even know what department I work in, and I like to keep it that way. ... How about you Hatter, you joining us this time, or do we keep it a woman's night?"

"I have to check with the partner."

"Bring him, you won't be out number as much."

"Anyone else want to join us?"

"Me me me," Peter Pan said waving his arms around, "wait what we talking about?"

"Going out to eat as our friends, bring Ariel, I have a few things I would like to discuss with her."

"I will check with her next I see her"

"Why are all my characters on break at the same time?" came a loud voice into the room.

"Sorry Fairy Mary, I at least will get right back out there."

With that Silvermist, and quite a few others ran out towards the park.

up
330 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

nice side story, fits right

nice side story, fits right in. will we be seeing more reporting updates?

More lovely fun :)

More lovely fun :)

I have a feeling that

I have a feeling that Silvermist is going to be "hounded" until she gives an interview to this reporter. Much of the press is known for that kind of actions. Sadly, many of them are also know for creating and making up stories about individuals that they can't get an interview with. I certainly hope this does not happen to Silvermist or any of the other Pixies. Janice

One bad thing about drawing a reporter's attention

One bad thing about drawing a reporters attention is the possibility of the reporter's digging into Sarah's back ground and finding out the truth and outing her as being transgender. something like that could destroy Sarah's acting career even before is has a chance to really start in earnest. that would not be a good thing. I guess that depending on how Becky Anne decides to play out such a plot situation, or if she plans on taking the story in a different direction? I look forward to finding out in the future chapters.

Hugs,
Tamara Jeanne

ohhhh boy

Renee_Heart2's picture

Things are not looking good for silver mist but I hope things go ok though Annie is a sweet girl looking after her big sister like she does & Sarah looking after her little sister. I hope there is more to come in this story Zoe I love it so much hun :)

Love Samantha Renee Heart

great story

Love this story more please

Real World vs Story

Noow I'm going to think that Silvermist is a laddyboy at the parks!!

Fairy Mary

Didn’t they need to talk to her about the article in the paper. I wonder if Crystal and Gretchen know who Sarah is

hugs :)
Michelle SidheElf Amaianna