Nowhere to Run: Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version
nowheretorun.png


Chapter 6

The Isisraxtosa Virus

“My fellow Americans. Everyone knows the Isisraxtosa virus is spreading rapidly. Every major city in the United States, including Washington, D.C. itself, has known cases of this virus. If there is any way of beating this, we have not gotten word of it. We believe they started in the country of Argentina...”
Mom turned off the TV. I was glad she did. George came into the room from downstairs. He was still watching over Jack after turning into a girl.
He didn't appear cheerful. He couldn't stop pacing. He stopped talking to everyone in the room. Too much on his head. But after a few minutes of pacing, he stopped. “How could I have done this?” he said.
“What did you do?” mom asked, putting her arm around his shoulder.
“I'm just wondering what country those zombies came from?” George said after a few seconds.

“Argentina,” I cried out. “Jennifer's plane had it on board. They are coming out of the Mantri International Mall and Airport as we speak.”

“Shit!” George ran back downstairs. We could hear him talking to Alfred.

“Honey, what is wrong?” mom said. “Is there something you need to tell me?”

We marched downstairs and listened from the stairway.

George checked through lots of paperwork at his desk. “Alfred and I have been working on a formula to help with a Plague in Argentina. This Plague was making people ill and even die. So we offered to help. I believe they called the Plague, Geocera, and the formula we made, I had named it...” He stopped for a second and looked up at mom. “Isisraxtosa.”

“You created the most deadly virus in the world?” I screamed getting off the stairs.

“It wasn't a virus when we made it. We even tested it out on a few people here in the United States. You may know them lab-rats or Human Guinea Pigs.” He looked closer to me. “In fact, Natalie and Jack had some of it when they drank that bottle.”

I stepped into the room. “You mean, that drink was the Isisraxtosa Virus?”

“No, it wasn't a virus. You did drink the Isisraxtosa, but it was also a mix of my gender changing formula.
I noticed Jack was lying on the bed playing a video game. I went over to him.
"I'm confused." I looked back at George. “If Jack and I drank the formula, how come we didn't turn into zombies as well?”

“Because you didn't have the Geocera Plague,” he explained. It's a mix of those two that caused the zombie virus. I tested out on people sick, but it wasn't the Geocera. They felt better, so I figured we could send the formula to Argentina to stop the plague from spreading to everybody else.”

“Then why are people turning into zombies here in the states?” I asked.

“Haven't you seen the movies?”

“Yeah, they are all fake compared to this real virus. “I pouted.

“No, actually that wasn't all true. If a zombie bites you, you would also turn into one after a few seconds, just like the movie World War Z.”

“So, movies can help with the Apocalypse?” I cheered.

“In a way, yes. But cutting off a body part may not work. Remember blood flows through your body very fast. If you got bit, you wouldn't even have time to cut off that part.”

“So basically we are all fucked” I cried.

“Natalie!” mom scolded me. “Language!”

“Sorry,” I said quietly.

Just then I heard some beeping coming from a nearby computer. Alfred ran over to it.

“Dr. Russel,” We have a problem!”

“What is it, Alfred?” George said heading over to him.

“Your satellite shows a swarm of zombies heading this way.”

George ran over to a huge button on the wall and pressed it. We hear lots of noise. I started freaking out.

“Don't worry Natalie, that's just the sound of the force field I have going around the whole building.”

“How long will that last?” Mom asked.

“The house is set on Solar Power. We have over a hundred of them on this house. If everything goes well, we can live in this house for many years before the power goes dead. The worst that could happen is if somehow the sun goes away and there is total darkness for more than a week, than the power could turn off.”

“What about food?” Jennifer asked.

“We have the food I brought from McDonalds,” mom said with a smile.

I look at my friend. “What about Jack? He loves to eat.

“Jack will be fine here as well, I have plenty of MRE's, George said, showing us a room full of boxes.”

"What about your parents?" I ask Jack. "Won't they worry about you?"

“Nathan... Um... Natalie." Jack corrected, "My parents went on a trip for the week. Something to do with a second honeymoon. George said it was okay to stay here with you for the week.”

I looked at him, or should I tell her and start giggling. “How will they react to you being a girl?” I asked

Jack laughed. “How are they going to react with the zombies?”

up
83 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So it was

It was all his fault, the crazy professors. Lol. I just keep wondering how are they going to face those zombies threat..