Michelle's Story - Part 6

Printer-friendly version

Michelle's Story - Part 6

Michael's path to becoming Michelle is not going to be easy, but plans to get the journey started are now being put in place. Seeing a specialist is one step. Making friends with Emma's classmates is another. But school still provides problems: a headteacher that needs convincing, and a bully who doesn't like the taste of defeat.

Michelle's Story – Part 6

John was keen to hear from Sally about local gender specialists. While he waited for a response, he decided to do some searching himself. It wasn't easy as he found that the ones in London and Manchester were the most prominent, and that any others were obscure in comparison.

Sally was still his best bet, as her contacts through her employers were more knowledgeable.

He admitted to himself that Mr Connor had his points. If Michael was outed at school, he daren't think of what the local press would say. His niece Jessica had been fortunate in having an understanding headmistress at her school, plus friends who had stood by her and helped conceal the truth about her.

He decided to check his email and found a response to his own reply from Anne.

“Birthday party in March. Princess dress required for girls.” he said to himself. “Emma would certainly enjoy that, as would Michelle, no doubt.”

But with Liz due to give birth sometime in May, the chances of his two daughters going were slim. For now, he decided not to tell the children, in case they couldn't go.

For now, Michael was ok with the “boy at school/girl at home” routine. The only thing that bothered him was Billy. Billy was a stereotypical sore loser: he would never accept defeat, fighting till he won or was killed, or more likely, expelled.

For now, Billy had resorted to his other victims. The teachers' plan had a flaw in that they were merely ensuring he never went near Michael. In sticking to that, they missed his crimes against other pupils. But still, he wanted to get back at Michael for putting the teachers on his case.

But thanks to the teachers, Michael and Robert were free to wander the playground during both morning and dinner breaks. They just ensured they stayed away from the “blind spots” that could give Billy his chance. And with Michael now showing no sign of “madness”, his friendship with Robert was soon mended.

If any one had problems though, it was Emma. She continued to hang out with her friends, all of whom were in her class, except one. There was Jenny, with curly auburn hair, Lucy with red hair and Maddy who was strawberry blonde. They were added to by Amy, Jenny's younger sister. She happened to be in Michael's class. She was almost like a twin to her sister, with similar hair, though she was a year younger.

Emma's problem was explaining her brother. She had really fallen for his female alter-ego and really wanted to show her friends how much fun her sister was. They had already discussed further visits to each others houses and Emma realised that on those occasions, Michelle would have to miss out.

At home one afternoon, Emma made the point about her friends making their usual visits.

“I feel so guilty because I have so much fun with Michelle now and when my friends come round to play, she will have to miss out.”

“I understand how you feel, sweetheart, but no one must know about Michelle. Not yet anyway.” said Liz.

Meanwhile, John had received a phone call from Sally.

“Hi bro. I've managed to locate a specialist near you. It's just on the outskirts, near Wallsend.” said Sally. “I'll send you the address by email.”

“Oh thanks. I need to get Michael seen to soon.” said John.

“Why, something up?” she asked.

“The other day, I saw his headmaster concerning the bullying.” said John. “But he started asking questions, as to why Michael was bullied in the way he was.”

“You told him about Michael being transgendered, didn't you?” asked Sally matter of factly.

“Yes, and it's not good. He seems to be more concerned about how it will affect his school if a TG pupil is discovered to be studying there.” said John.

“No surprises really. It's the same with gays. You announce that a person from the LGBT community is in a notable position in society and you'll soon get all the homophobes and transphobes gathering round, calling for blood.” said Sally.

“It might have to be a case of moving my kids to another school.” said John.

“Possible, but don't act yet. Technically, they can't refuse Michael from going in girl's attire. Not if he is certified transgendered.” said Sally. “Get a specialist to see him first.”

“Ok. Also heard off Anne about a birthday party in March. Princesses by the sounds of it.” said John.

“Oh yeah. Jessica and Sandra's party. Anne wasn't sure if any of you could make it, considering the distance and Liz's pregnancy. I know, I've got to get a dress.”

“You, dressed as a princess? I'll want a photo of you for sure!” chuckled John.

“Well, they think I'm just a big girl. Maybe I am.” said Sally. “Any way, plenty of time to go.

“Well, take care.” said John. “Bye.”

“Ok. I'll get that address emailed to you shortly. Bye for now.” said Sally.

As John entered the living room, Emma was going up to him, Michael close behind her.

“Can I please tell my friends about Michelle?” she said. “PLEASE?!!”

“I'm sorry, but no.” said John. He looked at them both and sighed. “Liz. Sally has found a specialist for Michael.”

“Oh that's great.” said Liz. “Did you tell her about the school?”

“She told me to hang on till Michael has seen the specialist.” said John. “She's emailing me the address.”

“Can I use the computer dad? I've got some school work to do.” asked James.

“Sure. Just let me use it first. I'll only be a few minutes.”

* * *

Emma and Michael were still trying to think up a case for why Emma's friends should know. Suddenly, Emma remembered something.

“Didn't Jessica mention she has friends at school?” she asked Liz.

“I don't know.” said Liz. “Why?”

“I'm sure she said her friends know about her. Can you ask her for me?” asked Emma.

Liz looked at Emma and noticed that she was being serious.

“You want me to ask Auntie Anne for you?” asked John. “Ok, I'll phone her up.”

He had just written down the address and telephone number for the specialist and was just logging off so that James could do his work. He went over to the telephone and called Anne.

“Hi Anne. Just a quickie. Emma is keen to tell her friends about Michelle and she believes Jessica may have the answer she needs.” said John.

“What do you mean?” asked Anne.

“She believes Jessica has friends who know her, as in knowing the truth.” said John.

“Oh, that. Yes, she has friends. They got them to swear on pinkies.” replied Anne.

“Pinkies?” said John.

“Your little fingers.” said Anne. “Surely you remember that?”

“Oh! Those pinkies!” said John. “Do children still make oaths that way?”

“Seems so.” said Anne. “Is that all?”

“Yes thanks.” said John. “Oh, about the party. Unless someone has a brilliant idea, we may have to pass on it.”

“No worries. I've explained to the girls and they seem content.” replied Anne.

“Ok then. Bye.”

“Bye.” said Anne.

John put down the phone and went back to the living room. Emma was awaiting the answer.

“Jessica does have friends in the know, and they were made to pinky swear.” said John.

“Great! I'll make my friends promise never to tell anyone.” said Emma.

“Calm down.” said Liz. “Wait for a time to do it.”

“Listen sis, you're going to have some more friends!” said Emma.

“Now first things first.” said John. “We have found a doctor who can help you.”

“Help me become a girl?” asked Michael excitedly.

“Yes.” smiled John.

John decided to wait until the weekend to phone up the clinic and book an appointment for Michael. In the time until then, Michael continued to cope with his current double life.

Emma was keen to tell her friends about how her brother wanted to be her sister, but she soon discovered that one place not to do it was at school.

They were walking up the path to the entrance when James called Emma over.

“Remember to make them swear first.” he told her. “Otherwise they could back out.”

“I know the rules for pinky swears.” she replied.

But that wasn't the reason that made her realise that school wasn't the place to do it. She saw through the corner of her eye, Billy. She couldn't let him see Michael standing with her and her friends. It left only one option: the days that her friends visited.

So, for now, the status quo was maintained. Michael continued his friendship with Robert, once more discussing the cartoons on television.

Billy was still finding his chances at revenge at zero. Michael was leaving school each day with Robert and James at his side. With James being older too, Billy didn't like his chances.

As soon as they got home, Michael was heading upstairs to Emma's room. There she helped him become Michelle with the aid of some pretty clothes and a hair brush.

Despite his continued interest in Ben 10, it was clear that Michael had taken a keen interest in all things girly too. It now led to an interesting problem: where should Michael sleep?

The one possible solution was to get another bunk bed and place it in Emma's room, replacing her current bed. The bunk bed that James and Michael currently slept in would be kept, all in the hope that the baby that Liz was carrying, was a boy.

It was a gamble in a way. Michael clearly wanted to sleep in Emma's room now and was now going as far as borrowing spare pyjamas from Emma. This brought mixed emotions for James, who now saw a clear line between Michael and Michelle.

“Can't you be my brother tonight?” he would ask.

Michael would look up at him and look disappointed. Seeing that look made James take back his words and allow Michelle to sleep in the lower bunk instead.

“Goodnight Michelle.” he said.

“Goodnight bro.” replied Michael.

* * *

Saturday came and that morning, John phoned the clinic up and booked an appointment for Michael. As with weekday afternoons, weekends meant Michelle time for Michael, so after getting up, he went to Emma's room to get dressed. Michelle's clothes were being kept in Emma's room for the time being.

“Ok, next Saturday, you're seeing a doctor.” said John to Michael.

“This a doctor who can make me a real girl?” asked Michael.

“Yes, but as with Jessica, you will have to wait a long time to become a complete girl.” added John.

“How long?” asked Michael, now sounding desperate.

“When you are grown up.” said John, hating himself for saying this. “But you'll be able to live as a girl all the time much sooner.”

As this weekend meant James and John going to the football, Liz was left with just Emma and Michael. Liz had decided to stop at home, seeing that the burden of pregnancy was increasing.

For the morning, she decided to keep the girls entertained by showing Michael what he could do with his hair. Emma was a willing volunteer and let Liz do numerous things with her hair, including ponytails, pigtails and even having it plaited.

After seeing Emma having her hair done, Michael was keen to try the styles too. Ponytails and pigtails were easy enough but plaiting wasn't. By the time his hair had been plaited, there was little length left at the end.

“You need longer hair.” sighed Liz.

“She will have longer hair.” said Emma. “She wants longer hair.”

“Ok, but we'll undo the plaits now.” said Liz.

Once Michael's hair had been relieved of the plaits, he chose to have it put in pigtails again. Emma had stayed with her hair plaited for now.

“So girls, what shall we do next?” asked Liz.

“Put on a DVD.” said Emma.

“Ben 10!” said Michael.

“We're all girls here.” said Liz. “Choose something that isn't boyish.”

Michael was disappointed, which hinted to Liz and Emma that Michelle liked Ben 10 too.

They ended up having Cinderella on instead. It was as they reached the part where the Fairy Godmother prepared Cinderella for the ball that Emma remembered something.

“Our cousins are having a princess birthday party. I'd love to go!” she told Liz.

“We thought you would.” said Liz. “But we're not sure yet.”

“Can I go too?” asked Michael. “I'd like to wear a pretty dress too.”

“No doubt there is a girl in you.” smiled Liz. “You really do enjoy being Michelle.”

“Yes I do.” smiled Michael.

“Ready for tomorrow?” asked Liz.

Michael looked anxious. The reason being that Emma's friends were visiting tomorrow and she intended to introduce them to Michelle.

“We'll be here for you.” said Liz. “Now, Emma. When you make them swear to tell no one, I mean no one. Even their parents.”

“Ok, but why not their parents?” asked Emma.

“For Michael's sake. In case any of them show objection to him dressing like this.” explained Liz. “Your Uncle Adam would never agree to Jessica living as a girl. You see Emma, some people just don't think it possible for boys to be girls on the inside.”

“How come?” asked Emma.

“There are loads of reasons, but for most, they just won't believe it for anything.” said Liz.

For Michael, he had considered telling Robert, but his friendship could end as a result of doing so, so John had explained. Robert was his only friend and he couldn't afford to lose him.

Before the day was out though, Michael was asked to take a bath. It was John who helped him out with his back and hair.

“What's up with mommy?” he asked John.

“Your mom has to take things easy, remember? Your new baby brother or sister is getting heavy and she gets tired carrying him or her around.” said John. “She needs us all to help her in some way.”

“Like how?” asked Michael.

“By being a good boy, or good girl.” said John.

“Do girls have these?” he replied, pointing to something between his legs. “I've been told they don't.”

“No, they don't.” said John.

“Then I don't want it. I don't want boy bits.” said Michael. “I only want what girls have. Cut it off!”

“I'm not going to do that.” said John. “I don't want you doing it either. You will say goodbye to it one day, but not yet.”

“I want to get rid of it now.” sighed Michael.

“Just be patient like Jessica. Jessica has got to wait a long time too.” said John. “She wants to get rid of hers too.”

After drying off, Michael put on his girl clothes and went back downstairs.

* * *

The next day saw Michael kept away from Emma. It was only a temporary measure as Emma needed her friends to swear on oath before meeting him as Michelle. Michael was nervous, as was Emma. She had grown to love him as a sister and was hoping that her friends would welcome him into their group.

As Emma's friends started arriving, Emma asked them to sit in the living room until all were present. Only then would they head for her room. Michael, wearing boys clothes for now, looked on anxiously. When they looked over at him, he smiled weakly.

“What's wrong with your brother?” asked Maddy.

“Got something important to do later and he's worried that he might get it wrong.” replied Emma, offering Michael a sympathetic smile.

As she led her friends to her room, Michael was led upstairs by Liz. They watched as the door to Emma's room shut before heading to the master bedroom where Michael would be changing his clothes.

“I hope they don't laugh at me.” he told Liz as she helped him off with his clothes and into his favourite dress.

“Emma is making them vow not to say anything bad about you.” she replied. “I hope they do keep the promise they are about to make though.”

Meanwhile, in Emma's room, Emma herself was showing nerves, and her friends were not blind to it.

“What's up Em?” asked Lucy. “Why do you look nervous?”

“Yes, what's up?” added Amy.

“I want to let you in on a secret, but I won't say anything till you swear not to tell anyone about it.” said Emma. “And I mean anyone.”

“Is it an important secret?” asked Jenny.

“Very, very important.” said Emma. “You must swear on pinkies first!”

“It is important then.” said Lucy. “What is it?”

“Swear first.” said Emma.

“Ok, we swear.” said Lucy.

They stood in a circle and held out their hands, letting their little fingers touch.

“Ok, repeat after me.” said Emma. “I swear....never to tell a single person....about what I'm about to see and hear.....for fear of having wee in my hair and poo in my mouth!”

“You wouldn't put poo in our mouths?!” exclaimed Maddy.

“I will if you don't keep this secret.” said Emma. “Now swear! No hiding your other arms either!”

They all obeyed to the letter and then awaited Emma's secret.

“Wait here.” said Emma, now leaving the room.

She went to her parent's room and peeped round the door. “You ready yet?”

“Nearly.” said Liz. “Just putting her shoes on.”

Michael was soon ready and about to make his entrance – as Michelle.

Emma made him wait a moment outside while she gave further instructions.

“Now, you'll see who the secret is. Just be nice to her.” said Emma. “You can come in now.”

Emma's friends were now watching the secret person enter. They didn't laugh, but remained silent, purely with surprise.

“I want you to meet my sister Michelle.” said Emma.

“Hang on, it's your brother!” said Lucy.

Michael's nerves reappeared and he started to back away.

“Why is he dressed like that?” asked Maddy.

“Because he wants to.” said Emma. “He wants to be a girl.”

“I do want to be a girl.” he said in a low voice.

“Does he dress like this all the time?” asked Jenny.

“Since Christmas, every day. He only dresses as a boy for school.” said Emma.

“So, he dresses like a girl, but does he act like one?” asked Amy.

“He does.” smiled Emma. “I want him to be part of our group.”

“Even at school?” asked Maddy.

“No.” said Emma. “For purposes of secrecy, this room is to be the only time Michael will be with us. I don't want Billy seeing him with us. Billy still holds a grudge and is waiting for his chance.”

“So, what games are we going to be playing?” asked Michael.

“Nothing you haven't done.” said Emma kindly. “No objections?”

The girls just stood in wonder and didn't answer.

“Ok, well that's that. Michelle is part of the group.” smiled Emma.

With that, she led Michael into the room and sat him down on her bed. She sat beside him.

“Just another thing. At school, we mustn't be overly friendly to him.” said Emma.

Michael looked at her with concern.

“Don't worry. It will just be pretend.” said Emma. “And within this room, he will be Michelle and is to be treated like any other girl.”

Emma then got their latest get together underway.

* * *

John, Liz and James were in the living room. They had been listening out for any noteworthy noises from upstairs concerning Michael. They heard none.

“It seems that all is well.” said Liz. “If that is the case, this is a wonderful day for Michelle.”

“I hope so.” said John. “Shall I start dinner?”

“I'll do it.” said Liz.

“Don't strain yourself.” said John. “You need to rest.”

“I've still got 4 months yet.” said Liz.

“But I haven't got a weight on my belly and a strain on my back.” said John. “I have seen you like this 3 times already so I know the routine.”

“Ok, you win.” said Liz. “But you can't keep me seated all the time.”

In Emma's room, her friends were getting one huge lesson in seeing how much of a girl Michelle was. Emma was still in charge of all things concerning her brother, but it was just making sure that no questions were asked. When the time came for them to leave, Maddy spoke to Emma.

“My daddy says that people like your brother are silly. After seeing your brother, I disagree.” she told Emma. “I think he is a girl at heart.”

“So, you'll keep it secret?” asked Emma.

“Yes indeed.” said Maddy. “Will he be coming to school as a girl?”

“Maybe later, but not now.” said Emma. “Mommy and daddy are helping him become a girl.”

As a definite pledge of allegiance, the girls all gave Michael a hug before leaving.

“Does that mean they like me, the real me?” he asked Emma.

“It does!” she smiled. She took him in a hug. “You've won them over!”

When they settled down after saying goodbye to the other girls, John and Liz looked at them with admiration.

“From now on, Michelle really is one of the girls.” said Liz.

“Good job we've got that appointment next weekend.” said John.

At school the next day, Emma met with her friends in the playground as usual. The talk was about Michael as expected. At times she believed her friends thought of Michael as a boy who liked playing as a girl. She didn't want them to see Michael in that way, for she knew that Michael was a girl in mind and wanted his body to match. Even so, they were willing to keep the secret safe.

At times Emma would look out for Billy. She would just note his position and turn away. Looking at him for too long was not good, just in case he noticed her. Most of the time, she noticed that his two friends were with him. When, on the rare occasion that they weren't with him, she told her friends to keep an eye out for them.

“They can't be up to any good.” said Emma to her friends. “The teachers are keeping an eye on Billy but not them.”

“Are they still after Michael?” asked Maddy.

“Billy won't give up.” sighed Emma. “I wish he would leave the school. It's not just Michael who would benefit, but everyone he bullies.”

She looked around for her brother and noticed him in a corner with Robert. They seemed out of danger for now.

The only problem was that she couldn't inform Michael of potential trouble if she spotted it. She didn't want Billy knowing that she and her friends had become close to Michael.

“You seem to be getting on well with your sister.” asked Robert. “She always smiles at you.”

“We do get along.” said Michael. “What about your sister?”

“My sister. She's in the second year juniors and treats me like a baby.” said Robert.

“Mine doesn't.” said Michael. “But she is only 13 months older than me.”

Emma wasn't the only one giving Michael an occasional smile. Amy, who was in his class of course, did so too. She never said a word though, but Michael understood. He had enjoyed being with them.

As the weekend approached, Michael was looking forward to this trip to the doctor, the doctor who could make him into a girl. It was on Saturday, so John was going to take him.

But until then, it was normal procedure with him swapping his school uniform for something from Michelle's wardrobe, having his hair styled more femininely and enjoying more time with his sister.

“I really hope we can go to Jessica and Sandra's party. It would be so fun to dress as princesses.” said Emma.

“Me too.” said Michael. “But how?”

“I don't know.” said Emma. “How about we read our dolls another story?”

“Lets.” smiled Michael.

* * *

By the time Saturday came, Michael was asked to wash and put on his boys clothes. John wasn't sure whether the specialist would want to see him in boy mode or girl mode first.

To solve the problem, he took some of Michelle's clothes with him so Michael could change into them if need be.

A phone call to Anne the previous night had helped a lot. She basically explained how Jessica had got on during her first visit to her doctor. It was merely an assessment of whether the child was transgendered or not.

Michael had secretly hoped that he would be going in the building as a boy and coming out as a girl. He had been told that this wouldn't be the case, but he still held hope that his dad was wrong.

John on the other hand, wanted to see where Michael stood concerning school. He didn't want to move his 3 children all because of one not being permitted to wear girls clothing.

“Ok, I'll see you later.” he told Liz. “Don't do anything silly.”

“Like I will.” said Liz.

“Ready to go?” he asked Michael.

“Sure.”

The drive to the clinic was not far, but it took a while to find the road it was in. After parking the car in the small carpark by it, John led Michael inside. One person was already there, waiting their turn. John offered them a smile as he headed to the reception.

“Hi, my name is John Brook. I have an appointment for my son.”

“What is the boy's name?” asked the receptionist.

“Michael Brook.” said John.

“Ok, you've got another 20 minutes yet. Please take a seat.”

John found a seat and Michael sat beside him.

“Well son. Your life begins again here.” said John, putting his arm around Michael.

As they waited, the other person entered the doctor's office.

“Hoping to become a girl?” said the transwoman as she passed.

“My son is, hopefully.” said John. “You too?”

“1 year in. Been on the hormones for 4 months.” she replied. “Good luck to you.”

“Thanks.” said John.

“Who was that dad?” asked Michael as the transwoman disappeared behind the doctor's door.

“She is like you. Born a boy but wants to be a girl.” said John.

They continued to wait and soon the transwoman was on her way out. She smiled at Michael as she left.

“Michael Brook.” came a man's voice.

“Come on, your turn.” said John.

* * *

They entered the doctor's office where a middle aged man with greying hair greeted them.

“Sit down please. My name is Adam Young, and this is Michael?”

“It is. I'm John, his father.” said John.

“So, from what I hear, young Michael wishes to be a girl?” asked Dr. Young.

“Indeed. That's why he's here.” said John.

“Ok, so how long has he felt like this?”

“We're not sure exactly, as he only came out at Christmas last year.” said John.

“Can you tell me Michael?” asked Dr. Young.

“A long time.” replied Michael.

“So, I see you've grown your hair.” said Dr. Young. “How long as this been the case?”

“He got the idea, or so we thought, after seeing boys in US television shows with long hair.” said John. “But we now know it's down to his desire to be a girl. He has had it plaited recently.”

“Is this all, the hair styling I mean? Or has he dressed as a girl too?”

“Ever since coming out, he has spent almost every hour outside of school in girls clothing, playing with his sister.” said John.

“You have no problem with this?” asked Dr. Young.

“No, not at all. If I did, why have I brought him here?” said John. “I just wasn't sure if you wanted to see him dressed as a girl.”

“Why, do you have some girls clothes with you?”

“Yes. Do you want him to change into them?” asked John.

“If you like. Can he put on any of the garments himself?”

“As far as I know, he can.” said John. “My wife usually helps him.”

There was a bed at the back of the room and Michael was helped onto it. He then started undressing while John took the girls clothes from the bag he had brought along. Soon, with Dr. Young watching, Michael put the clothes on.

“So, what girl name do you go by?”

“Michelle.” said Michael, as though the clothes had released his inner girl. He made to get off the bed but Dr. Young told him not to.

“No need. I can speak to you just fine here.” he said. “So, I imagine you like these clothes better?”

“Yes.” smiled Michael.

“So Michelle. What games do you like to play when you're with your sister?”

“Playing with dolls, reading them stories, dressing them up.” replied Michael.

“Do you have a doll of your own?”

“No. But my sister has a few and she shares them with me.” said Michael.

“Would you like a doll of your own?” asked Dr. Young.

“Yes, I would.” smiled Michael.

“Mr Brook, has Michelle ever shown any feminine traits before coming out?” said Dr. Young turning back to John.

“Not really, unless you count being shy and insecure as such. Before Michael started school last September, he was very shy. He has never liked sports and his older brother tried to make him more boyish.”

“When you say that his brother tried to make him more boyish, how do you mean?”

“His older brother was concerned about him being a target for bullies, because he was insecure.” said John. “Michael still takes a bear to bed with him.”

“Reading here, you say he's 6?” said Dr. Young. “I don't think that is too old for a bear. How old is this older brother?”

“James will be 10 in April.” said John.

“Ok, so he's been at school for just the one term so far. Has he had any problems?”

“Yes, he has. He got the wrong side of the school bully because of his hair. We thought if he had his hair cut, the bullying might stop, but Michael refuses to have his hair shorter than it is now.” said John.

“Bullying isn't about a person's appearance. It's all about the bully's intent to tell everyone else that they are bigger and stronger than them. They pick on those they deem weaker to emphasise their point. Michelle's hair is just an easy excuse. He could have been picked on had he not had long hair.” said Dr. Young.

“But this bully inadvertantly led to Michael coming out.” said John.

“How so?”

“He planted a false idea in Michael's head that being seen in, or desiring to wear girls attire would result in absolute humiliation. He also told him that girls feminise boys who they catch.” said John.

“But that would surely make him closet his feelings deeper?” said Dr. Young.

“It did. We couldn't work out what was wrong with him. From what his sister was saying, he ran away from every girl at school.” said John. “In fact, it was the thing he now feared that helped him.”

John went on to explain how Michael had been found dressed up in his cousins' room on Christmas Day.

“So, you have a cousin who is in the same boat?” said Dr. Young. “Very interesting, but back to you. If you were told you could never be a girl, would you be happy to be a boy?”

Michael looked at the doctor with horror in his face.

“I am a girl. I don't want my stupid willy!” he replied.

“You sure?” asked Dr. Young.

“Yes.” said Michael.

“Well, that settles it. You'll have to live as a girl then.” said Dr. Young.

“Straight away?” asked John. “But school?”

“Not straight away.” said Dr. Young. “The transition must be smooth. Has Michelle ever been seen in public?”

“Occasionally. My wife has taken him out as Michelle. Nothing as been said, though a store assistant found out. Didn't object though and she is planning on getting him more clothes from there.”

“Ok. When you do decide to let her go full time, it will require her to change her name.” said Dr. Young.

“I have another thing to ask, about Michael's school.” said John. “I recently spoke with the headmaster about the bullying and it led to me explaining about Michelle. Now, concerning Michael attending school as a girl, we have hit a snag. The headmaster is not keen on the idea, fears a public backlash.”

“Did you tell him that her identity could be made hidden?” asked Dr. Young.

“I did. This is the case with my niece. She is attending school as a girl and only her teacher, her headmistress and close friends know. Those who don't never will.” said John.

“I can't see why that can't be the case with Michelle here.” said Dr. Young. “Providing no one recognises her.”

“But it's convincing the headmaster.” said John. “If only he would see sense.”

“I can always send him a letter, explaining the situation. The fact remains, Michelle must go full time if she is to receive treatment, and that includes going to school.”

“Well, it may have to wait till September, but I do want to help her.” said John.

“If September is the best time, then so be it.” said Dr. Young. “It is best if you don't rush into things.”

“So, do you wish to see her again?” asked John.

“Say around July.” said Dr. Young. “If you need any help, don't hesitate to phone me.”

“Thank you, and goodbye.” said John. “Ok, Michelle. Let's go. Say thank you to the doctor.”

“Thank you.” smiled Michael.

“You're welcome.” said Dr. Young.

Outside the clinic, Michael spoke.

“Do I have to wait till September?” he asked.

“You may have to.” said John. “But he at least agrees that you are a girl.”

“But what is full time?” asked Michael.

“It means living every day as Michelle. You'll be a girl all day, everyday.

Michael's eyes shone at that. “Can I be full time now?”

“Not yet, but hopefully soon.” said John.

“How soon?”

“Not sure.” said John.

* * *

Back home, John gave Liz the lowdown.

“So, he wants Michael to go full time?” she asked.

“Appears so. But a few things at school need to be cleared up first.” said John. “I think I'll give someone a call.”

Michael had discovered that Emma was in her room and quickly headed up to join her.

John went and gave Sally a call but found she wasn't in.

“Must be at work. I'll try again later.” he told Liz upon returning to the living room.

James was once again on the computer, but instead of working, he was playing solitaire instead.

“So, what things need clearing up then?” asked Liz, as she prepared sandwiches on a fold out table in front of her.

“We need to sort things out with the headmaster first, try to make him understand. Secondly, that bully must not interfere. If he found out, he wouldn't hesitate in letting everyone in the school know.” said John.

“That Billy is in the the 3rd year.” said James. “He'll be in juniors next year.”

“Ok, so that would mean Michael would be safe next year. September would be the best time for Michelle to attend school.” said John.

“Unless Billy gets expelled.” said Liz. “Some bullies seem to be blessed with the ability to escape justice.”

“I remember my dad telling me about corporal punishment.” said John. “He got the strap once.”

“Is that where they used things like the cane, dad?” asked James.

“It is.” said John. “It was used as a deterrent. If you didn't want to face such punishment, you stayed out of trouble.”

“With the way discipline is nowadays, they should bring it back. A simple telling off doesn't work now.” said Liz.

Emma and Michael soon came down for lunch and the talk of school punishments stopped. Michael had come down with one of Emma's dolls and was feeding it with a bottle.

“If anything tells me that we're doing the right thing, that is it.” said John to Liz, noting Michael with the doll.

John tried Sally again in the evening and succeeded.

“Hi sis. At work, weren't you?”

“Yes, why? Tried me earlier?” replied Sally.

“Yes. Just wanted to tell you how Michael got on.” said John. “He would like to see Michael go full time.”

“No surprises.” said Sally. “It's just to see how serious they are about transitioning.”

“I don't think there is any doubt there.” said John. “Just been discussing when he should begin. September does seem the best time.”

“New school year. Makes it easier for one to disappear and one to appear. That is why Jessica did it.” said Sally.

“Not the only reason though, there is a bully on Michael's back. He'll be entering juniors next year so any move to full time before September risks him finding out.”

“Good reason.” said Sally. “Oh and by the way. I might have a solution for our would be princesses.”

“Oh, you mean the party?” said John. “Ok, lets hear it.”

“If Anne and I come up on the train and pick up your girls, we can bring them here by train and return them too.” said Sally.

“Sounds good. But I don't want them coming back at around two in the morning.” said John.

“We might be able to put them up for the night.” said Sally. “But it will save me travelling by car.”

“Ok, I'll tell Liz.” said John. “But I thought I'd let you know about the gender clinic.”

“That's alright. I was just wondering if Michael would like a gaff, like the one Jessica has?”

“What would that be?” asked John.

“Jessica has a pair of special underpants. They are skin coloured and conceal her willy. They also have a fake vagina on the front to give the illusion that she is a girl.”

“That might be a good idea. Michael is keen to get rid of his.” said John.

“Ok, I'll see what I can do.” said Sally. “Bye then.”

“Bye.” said John.

He went into the living room and discussed Sally's plan for getting two would be princesses to a party.

“That's an idea.” said Liz. “At least they'll get some time to sleep too.”

He then went upstairs and knocked on Emma's door.

“Girls, I've got some good news for you.” he said.

“What is it daddy?” asked Emma, opening the door.

“Your Aunt Sally has agreed to take you to a birthday party. You don't mind going by train, do you?”

“We can go?!” exclaimed Emma. “YES!!!”

“It will also mean spending the night with your cousins too.”

“Super!!” she added. “You'll have to get me a pretty dress, one for Michelle too.”

“We will.” said John. “I knew you'd be happy.”

After John left them and went back downstairs, Emma and Michael hugged.

“We're going to be princesses!” they said together.

For Michael, the party also meant seeing Jessica again. The cousin with whom he had a mutual bond: they were boys who were becoming girls.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So far it seems like a good

So far it seems like a good plan to have Michael wait until Sept to come out full time as Michelle. Now if only the bully Billy can get promoted to the upper class or get himself expelled from school. I do hope that the school system he is in doesn't just do "social promotion", rather that the child earns the grade promotion.
I remember being introduced to the British system of school punishment of either the cane or strap when I entered school there in 1953. Thankfully, I never had the "honor" of being subjected to either; however my second brother did get "training" of how the cane was used on your hands. Seems he kind of "pissed off" a couple of Nuns during his singing class by getting on a table and performing a hit rock and roll song of that era "Little White Cloud that Cried" by Johnny Ray. Seems it wasn't so much the song as when he started doing a strip as Johnny Ray did during his performances. He received what was called "6 for the best". Six strokes of the cane on his hands. So maybe, John is right about that sort of punishment being a good thing for Billy. Janice Lynn

No promotion/demotion.

The system in the UK, is that children spend 6 years at Primary school - 3 years in Infants, and then 3 years in Juniors. Its not like the US system, where children can be held back, or pushed forward. There is no promotion/demotion. So, as things are, Billy is set to join the Junior half of the school in September (no sooner), but he'll be one of the youngsters. He won't be able to push the older junior students about so easily. But then, there is still the chance of him being expelled - he is on his final warning.
As for corporal punishment, its unlikely to return. A firm telling off isn't always effective now - it goes in one ear and out of the other. So how does one punish major troublemakers without being able to scare the crap out of them?

No promotion/demotion replay.

there's a program known as the scared strait program. but it's doesn't work 100% of the time.

Wolf_0.jpg

Punishments in schools

I remember back in grade school students getting paddled for acting bad. Then in middle school it all stopped. And this is back in the 80s.

Wolf_0.jpg

finaly

Now the road to girl town for Michael/Michelle has started.

Wolf_0.jpg