Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: Chapter 03

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: The Martial Artist, The Space Cop, The Superhero, The Magical Girl, The Wrestler, And The Fool for Love.

Chapter Three: “Looking for Something.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

A black haired teenage girl, in her late teens, with slightly tanned skin, yelled, in japanese, “Hatsushiba-kun! How could you? I trusted you!”

Akira plead, in japanese, “I am sorry, Yurika. I know I was late in telling you. And that I should have told you sooner. But, I promise never to do that again.”

Yurika screamed, “I don't want to hear your excuses! Get out! I never want to see you again!”

(_)

Akira awoke from his enforced sleep, only to bolt up awake, and hit his head on the low ceiling of the bunk bed he was laying in.

Akira rubbed his head, as he began to recall the situation he was in.

Akira thought, 'Damn. They must have sedated me... Anyway, why is this all happening to me? Right now. After everything I have done to be an honorable man. I admit I have done some very questionable things in my past. But, I have tried to be a better man for the last four years. Since, the break up, I have tried to treat women with respect. Even when I look at porn.'

'The only questionable pictures I look are on the web, are just naked women. And even then, the women aren't doing anything. They are just posing for the camera. To be honest, the only reason I go to imageboards is I find the comments sections, of those websites, to be hilarious, half the time.'

'I have been a good boy. And maybe all that good will help me get out of this alive. As it seems that whom ever is responsible for this upstairs is planning to put me through some much deserved hell.'

Akira got up from his bed. And he began to explore the ship, to find the bathroom, and get something to eat.

After Akira found the restroom, he smelled fresh food. He used his nose to find his way to the messhall.

When Akira reached the room, he saw everyone was in the middle of having breakfast.

Akira saw that Hanna, and himself, were the only ones standing.

The rest were sitting in chairs, around a moderately large table, with them eating various American style breakfast, and drinking from their glasses. They were drinking orange juice, milk, or just ice water.

At a nearby table, food, glasses, pitchers of various drinks, spare plate, utensils, and cloth napkins, layout on in the center of the table.

Akira also noticed that Ranma, Natsuru, and Futaba, were all men. Along, with Birdy changing back to Tsutomu, so he could have some free time, as well. Guy was obviously still a girl.

Everyone was still wearing their clothing from last night, except Hanna.

Hanna was barefoot. And she was only wearing a light brown crop top, and light brown running shorts. And from the way her clothing hugged on her body, Akira could tell that she was not wearing a bra, nor panties, underneath her clothing.

The crop top and running shorts did nothing to hide Hanan's large buxom breasts, her shapely butt, and her slender hips.

Akira turned towards a nearby ship wall, as he immediately began banging his head against said wall. As Akira did so, he mentally berated himself, 'No! I must not think impure thoughts... I must avoid her for the sake of my own sanity.'

It was then that the others noticed him, and watched as Akira banged head against the wall.

Guy commented, “I guess he wants to go back to sleep.”

Akira heard Guy. He stopped banging his head against the wall. He then turned to face her. Akira lied, in english, “No. I just remembered I am now missing my college finals.” He thought, 'Which I actually have to take in a couple of months.'

Tsutomu said, with concern in his tone of voice, “I am sorry to hear that. But, it cannot be helped. There are other, more pressing matters for some of us, that need attending too.”

Natsuru invited, “Akira. Please sit down with us.”

Hanna down, at the table. Her plate of food, glass of milk, cloth napkin, and utensils, had already been set out by her.

Akira then walked over to the food table, and served his own plate, and he filled a glass of orange juice.

Akira then sat him, and his breakfast, on the opposite end of the table from Hanna.

Right before Akira picked up his fork, to began to eat, he inquired, “Well, good morning everyone. At least I think it is morning. Anyway, I was wondering. Who was the one that sedated me?”

Natsuru answered, “Hanna did.”

Hanna did not verbally reply. She just smiled at Akira.

Akira replied, “That figures.”

Guy took a closer looked at Akira's face, as she commented, “Akira. You look a little rough. You could use a shave.”

Akira rubbed his facial hair, with his right hand, as he sarcastically replied, “I am sorry. But, I left my shaving kit at home.” He then let his right hand drop back to his side.

Hanna smiled, as she stated, “Do not worry. I have fully stocked toiletries, for all possibilities. You can use one of my razors, and shaving gel. And I have extra clothing for visitors. For all types, sizes, and genders. They are Alteran styles, but I think you won't mind.”

Akira begrudgingly said, “Thank you.” He looked around the rest of the table, as he asked, “By the way, how do you all handle your facial hair?”

Ranma was the first person to answer, “At first. After I was cursed. I still shaved. But, as time went on, I found changing back and forth caused my facial hair to stop growing. And disappear down to the follicle. My facial hair stays gone from my face when I turned back to male. I have to remain male for several days, to a week, for the hair to even grow to skin level. And I change so often that I no longer had shave my face as a man.”

Tsutomu stated, “That is true for me, as well.”

Futaba responded, “Same here for me, and my father. My father even used a fake mustache.”

Natsuru acknowledge, “Yep. I don't need to worry about shaving, anymore.”

Akira cautioned, “There are some things you need to avoid forgetting.”

Futaba looked over at Hanna, as he commented, “I have been think about you, since you first showed your face to us. And I believe recognize you. When I woke up this morning, I recalled that my sister has a photo of your younger self. She can turn into a boy, and as a he, my sister is a real sexist pig towards women. She told me to avoid you.”

Hanna responded, “If you are talking about that pig, Futana. Then yes. I met your sibling. Did she tell you why you needed to avoid me?”

Futaba answered, “Yes. She said that after she broke the heart of an artist that worked as her family restaurant. She then met you. She took your photo, and you both went to a hotel room. There you ran out of the room, and your overprotective cousin showed up a minute later.”

“He and my sister as a guy had a nasty fight, where my sister lost, and he was beaten to a pulp. Even with the photo, we were unable to identify you. And your cousin was such a nondescript person, that we could not identify him, either. On the bright side, she was a little nicer to women after that.”

Hanna commented, “That is nice to hear.”

Guy jumped in, as she asked, “So, who was the cousin?”

Akira started cracking his knuckles above the table. The others looked over at him, and they saw a his lips were curled into a feral smile on his face.

Natsuru whistled in astonishment.

Tsutomu inquired, “So, you are Hanna's cousin, whom protected her?”

Akira replied, while keeping his smile, “I got a black eye, and a cracked rib, from that fight. But, it was worth it. I have no regrets. Nobody hurts my friends.”

Futaba commented, “That explains the freakout from yesterday.”

Ranma smirked, “I guess you are not as much a coward as we thought you were.”

Akira dropped his smile, as he defended himself, “Killer robots, and gender shifting super-beings are a bit beyond my expertise. Sexist pigs on the other hand, I have plenty of experience with. They make my gender look bad, and I don't like that at all. And though I am no a saint, I cannot stand men that use women for sex, and them dump them like they are garbage.”

Natsuru commented, “I knew there was a reason I liked you.”

The rest of those at the table turned to look at Natsuru, including Akira.

Natsuru realized this, as he quickly said, “But, not that way.”

Just then Guy was salting and peppering her eggs. Some of the pepper was carried air currents, created by the ship's ventilation, towards Akira.

Akira eyes went wide, as he suddenly felt the urge to sneeze.

Hanna's face was unreadable, as she looked over as Akira, with Akira likely about to sneeze.

Fortunately, at the last moment, Akira forces himself not to sneeze.

Natsuru asked, “Why didn't you just turn away, and sneeze?”

Akira stated. “I have found that sneezing can get a person into a whole lot of trouble. That is why I don't sneeze.”

Hanna's face visibly relaxed, as she giggled, for a few seconds, at Akira's answer.

Natsuru mentioned, “Okay. Well, Akira. You weren't here when Hanna gave us some good news, last night. Due to the size of this ship, we all each get our own cabin.”

Ranma commented, “I slept well in the cabin I was assigned to last night. The bed was inside my room was very comfortable.”

Tsutomu said, “From the looks of it. We all slept well last night.”

Akira asked, “If that is the case. Then, why did I just wake up on the bottom cot of a bunk bed?”

Ranma deadpanned, “We didn't want to carry you too far.”

Akira sarcastically replied, “Your concern for me is deeply touching.”

Ranma just smirked right back at Akira.

Hanna said, “Do not worry. I will assign you a room, as well.”

Tsutomu turned to Hanna, as he inquired, “Hanna. I was wondering. What is the time dilation for this ship, between Earth and Birdy's homeworld, Oriotera? Last time, when I left with Birdy, to her homeworld, on her Federation ship, the trip was only days for me. But, I lost an entire month on Earth, from going to Oriotera and back to Earth.”

Hanna answered, “This ship is a little better in that respect. We should only lose around a week getting to Oriotera, and another week back to Earth. And for us, it will only be a few days to reach Oriotera. And after we leave. It is a few days back to Earth.”

Tsutomu replied, “Thank you. That has settled both mine and Birdy's concerns on the trip.”

Akira thought, 'Two weeks isn't too bad. If I play my cards right. I still might keep myself from getting expelled from college, due to being absent. Still, I do have to ask.' He inquired, “Will we need any special equipment to breath on Oriotera?”

Birdy answered, “No. The atmosphere, as sea level, on Oriotera was breathable for humans.”

Akira replied, “That is a relief.”

The group then went back to eating their meals. And the rest of their day was fairly uneventful.

(_)

The next day, in Akira's assigned ship cabin, Akira got shaved for the morning. Along with him being cleaned up, and dressed in the Alteran men's style clothes, that Hanna had given him.

Akira's clothing was similar to the clothing that Hanna had given the others.

Though, they had all been allow to a selection of colors and clothing styles to choose from.

The clothing Akira had on was of a darker set of colors. Which Akira preferred over the bright, pastel colors most of the clothes of both genders were.

Ranma preferred darker colors, with red overtones, that were fitted and styled for a man.

Guy chose brighter blue Alteran clothing, which was fitted for a boy.

Futaba took a style that was more of a gender neutral style, with bright green colors. The green was brighter than Futaba's green hair, when he turned into a woman.

Natsuru preferred brighter blue male style clothing, that went with his hair, no matter his current gender.

Hanna wore dark gray and black female style clothes.

And Birdy already has access to Alteran clothing, through the devices on her body.

Akira looked at himself, in the cabin mirror, as he thought, 'These clothes are not much different than modern Earth style clothing. And they fit me. I could probably get away with wearing this at a rock concert, without a problem. And I have been to a few of them. Also, I did check with Birdy that this is a men's style. I don't trust Hanna as far as I can throw her ship.'

'Now, to see what everyone else is up to. And kill some time until we get to Oriotera. Even barring the circumstances of how I got here. I am still a sci-fi. And I do look forward to the opportunity to go to an alien world. And see what alien cultures are like, in real life.'

'I think I will check the kitchen, first.'

Akira then exited his cabin and walked towards the kitchen.

When Akira reached the kitchen, he saw Natsuru, Ranma, and Futaba playing a card game, at the table everyone has been using to eat at.

All three of the adults were male at the time.

Natsuru was the dealer.

He saw each of them had some chips from a chip holder on the table.

Akira thought, with amusement, 'Bingo.'

Natsuru looked up at Akira. He said, “Hi Akira. We are just playing some poker to pass the time. It seems Hanna had some card decks and poker chips, that she was more than happy to lend to us.”

Futaba stated, “We have been playing five card poker for an hour. And we have just about taught Ranma how to have a poker face.”

Ranma rolled his eyes without responding. He then looked back at the others.

Akira asked, “So, what is everyone else up too?”

Natsuru answered, “Birdy and Tsutomu are babysitting Guy. While Guy watches some children's animated series from Earth, that Hanna has. Hanna is checking on the engines on the ship. Daily maintenance and all that. So, care to join us? It is just us guys.”

Akira flatly said, “Ha. Ha.” He then continued, in a normal tone of voice, “Though, I think I will join you.”

Akira walked up to the table, and he sat down in an empty chair, across from Natsuru. Ranma was to Akira's right side, and Futaba was to Akira's left side.

Natsuru inquired, “Are you familiar with the game?”

Akira silently reflected, in thought, 'It has been years since the last time I played poker with my friends. Back in Japan. Though, after an hour of playing, I had lost all the money I had on me. Which fortunately, wasn't much. Though, I also lost the shirt on my back. At that point, I wisely chose to leave the game, before I lost my shoes and pants, as well.'

'Still, at least I know the rules. It is not like I have anything better to do. And we are only playing for chips, with no money involved. Also, it sounds like Ranma is a worse player than me.'

Akira answered, “Sure. Deal me in.” Akira then was given some chips by Natsuru, and he was dealt into the next hand of cards.

A couple of minutes later, after Natsuru won the previous hand of cards.

Akira watched as Natsuru shuffled the deck, and dealt the next hand of cards.

Akira noted that on the third time around, with dealing the cards, Natsuru pulled a card from under the deck for him.

Akira looked up, and he noticed that neither Futaba, nor Ranma, had caught Natsuru in dealing below the deck for him.

Akira thought, 'In poker, the rule is not to watch the dealer's face, but the dealer's hands. That is an amateurish mistake on their part. And I am sure Natsuru did that as a way to help me.'

Akira then looked Natsuru in the eyes.

Natsuru looked back at Akira, as warmly smiled.

Akira returned the smile.

By then, Natsuru has finished dealing the cards, and Akira looked at his five cards. He saw that he had a good hand. He thought, 'I guess Natsuru really does want me to win this first hand.'

A few minutes later, Akira did win his first hand at the table, and collected the pot.

After the second hand was dealt, Futaba viewed his cards, and threw some chips into the pot.

Akira looked at his cards. He had an okay hand. So, he also threw in some chips into the pot.

Akira thought, 'We might as well have some small talk. And I do have some questions for these individuals.' He requested, “You guys mentioned, a couple of nights ago, that you have had some interesting relationships, in the past. I was just wondering if you would cared to elaborate.

Ranma threw in some chips as well, as he replied, “Oh boy! Where to start? I had four girls after me. Three were fiancees, and the fourth was just plain crazy.”

Natsuru threw in some chips, as he stated, “I had something similar. Three nice girls that were interested in me and one real crazy lesbian. The sad part was at the beginning, before, the craziness in my life, I was truly interested in this crazy chick. I didn't even know she was a lesbian at the time. She was the one that arrange for the blue magic bracelet to be put on my wrist, so I would turn into a girl. For her, it was all a planm she could date with me, in a gender of her choosing.”

Ranma said, in a sympathetic tone of voice, “I feel for you man.”

Natsuru responded, “The worst part was that, if she wasn't crazy, I still might have dated her.”

Ranma replied, “I can see where you are coming from.”

Akira stirred the pot, as he questioned, “And what about guys were interested in your girl forms? By that, I mean more than just a passing glance.”

Futaba exchanged two of his cards. He looked at his new cards. He said, “I fold. But, to answer your question. Not counting my own kind. There were have a few times where some of the boys were crazy about me. But, no single boy was interested in me as girl. I did have a guy that was crazy about my male form. But, that is another story.”

Natsuru stated, “Me neither. I never had any guys after my girl form, for more than a passing interest as eye candy.”

Ranma commented, “You two are lucky, then. Because, let me tell you about this rich idiot named, Kuno. Whom I mentioned a few nights ago. He was interested in my girl side, and one of my fiancees, at the same time. He would not take, no, for an answer. No matter how many times we beat him into pulp. He is even directly responsible for make that fiancee of mine hate boys in general. Before I even met her. He was also the older brother of the crazy girl that was after me.”

Akira threw out three card out, and Natsuru handed him three new cards. He looked at his new hand. He said, “I fold as well. Anyway, this Kuno reminds me of a rich friend I had. The difference was that he was a great guy. Though, he was crazy about my cousin. Still, he is very giving person. He took our friends, and I, on vacations. From his family vacation home in the mountains, to sailing the ocean in his yacht. He is a great. He even had his own fiancee problems, with another girl. And I believe that was due to an arranged marriage between their parents.”

Ranma let out a laugh at the last part of Akira's comment. He then put some more chips in the pot, as he asked, “Now, that is poetic. So, what about you, Akira? Were there any girl problems in your life?”

Akira answered, “I knew some girls. I got mixed up with two sisters working at a family owned coffee shop. And a waitress working at her family owned restaurant. It was fun while it lasted.”

Natsuru put some chips in the pot, as he commented, “You must of have eaten well during that time.”

Akira replied, “Sure did.”

Ranma stated, “Reminds me of Ucchan. Great woman. There were just to many things between us, for it to have worked out.” He then put some more chips into the pot. He looked over at Natsuru, as he commented, “I call.”

Ranma showed his cards, and Natsuru showed his cards.

Ranma had won the hand.

Ranma excitedly stated, “Yes! I finally won a hand.” He then collected his winnings, as Natsuru collected the cards, and reshuffled the deck.

Akira said, “I never realized how normal my life was until I met you all.”

Ranma cracked a grin, as he said, “You're welcome.”

In the next hand, after a few bets, and traded in cards, Akira took a look around. He thought, 'Natsuru has already folded. Futaba is looking real nervous, And Ranma really does not have a poker face. And I am guessing that he has nothing in his cards.”

After another round of bets, Ranma realized he had been caught, and he folded, as well.

This left on Akira and Futaba in the running for the pot the hand.

Suddenly, Futaba shifted into a woman.

Akira mentally realized, 'That's right. Futaba changes into a women when he gets either excited, stressed out, or really emotional, in other ways. I have this hand in the bag.'

Akira threw some chips into the pot. He said, “I call.”

Akira showed his cards, while Futaba showed her cards.

And this time, it was Futaba that had the winning hand.

Akira commented, “You used your gender bending as a way to bluff me. That is a dirty trick. But, with this group, I should have known better.”

Futaba slyly smiled, as she responded, “Can't beat a girl for trying.” She then pulled the chips she had won to her.

They handed back their cards to Natsuru, and Natsuru shuffled the deck.

Futaba asked, “So, how many of us have actually done it, yet? Even though I can only do it as a female. It was good.”

Ranma and Natsuru both slightly blushed, in response Futaba's question.

Natsuru answered, “Yea. I have done it. And it was good.”

Ranma replied, “Same here.”

Akira said, “Okay. I admit it. I am a virgin. I have been a loser for most of my life. So that is par for the course.”

Natsuru shifted into his girl form. She teased, “I could change that for you right now, if you want.”

The dumbfounded look on Akira's face was priceless, as Ranma, Futaba, and Natsuru, all laughed at Akira expense, for a few seconds.

Akira quickly recovered. As the others calmed down, Akira responded, “Not cool. Not cool. Still, besides Futaba, have you two, Natsuru and Ranma, done it as a woman?”

Both Natsuru and Ranma's faces blushed beat red.

Now, it was Akira's turn to laugh, for a few seconds.

The four of them then continued playing poker for most of the day.

To Be Continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

I threw time dilation in the space travel because I like the plot mechanic concept. It adds a new wrinkle to the plot.

In the Birdy Decode anime series, there was no real time dilation, traveling from star system to star system.

In the Futaba-Kun Change manga, there was major time dilation, when traveling from star system to star system.

So, I cut the difference. And depending on how fast the starship is, it can take a week, to a month, to travel from Earth to Oriotera, Birdy's homeworld. And vise versa.

(_)

Now, the poker scene.

The poker scene gave me an opportunity, for some the characters to have a chance to build some friendships, between them. For them to sit back, relax, and get to know each other, better. And for them to find out they have a number of things in common.

I think the poker scene came out quite well. I hope you agree.

Until next time. Have a fun day.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Better

Sadarsa's picture

This was an improvement, I only banged my head on my desk once. Still misusing comma's and in the beginning there was some unnecessary repeated usage of Akira's name.

I liked the poker scene by the way.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~