Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: Chapter 02

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: The Martial Artist, The Space Cop, The Superhero, The Magical Girl, The Wrestler, And The Fool for Love.

Chapter Two: “Falling Down”

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

By Paul Cousins.

(_)

Inside Akira's dorm room, Akira was laying on his back, as he slept above his covers.

Suddenly, his alarm radio blared the words, “destination unknown.”

His hand immediately slapped the clock off, as his eyes opened wide.

Given the events of the previous evening, his nerves were so shot that he was instantly awake.

As he looked around, he noticed that it was still dark outside his window.

He looked over at his clock and saw that it was the middle of the night.

Suddenly, the lights switched on in his bedroom, and he saw that he was not alone.

There were other five people in his room, with him.

Akira immediately recognized Natsuru as a man, Ranma as a man, and Officer Cephon, whom was now wearing a red shirt, blue pants, and blue shoes. Though, Officer Cephon's was still a combination of orange and white.

There was also another black haired japanese man around his age. And the last one was a caucasian boy that could be no older than twelve, whom he vaguely remembered seeing at the hotel.

And none of them looked happy to see him.

Just as Akira was about scream for help, the black haired man swiftly pulled him from his bed. When Akira was on his feet, the man then used his left hand to lock Akira's left arm against his back, and he covered Akira's mouth with his right hand.

Akira's eyes were wide with fear, as the man pulled him around to face the rest of the group.

Officer Cephon walked up to him, with a wicked on her lips. She said, in english, “Hello Akira. We are going to take a walk outside. You are going answer all our questions. Depending on how you answer, you may be back here by morning. If you scream, you are going to regret it. Do you understand?”

Akira nodded twice. He then mentally berated himself. 'I should have never told Natsuru my full name, and what college I was going to. Never. Never give out personal information unless you have too.'

The black hair man let go of him.

Birdy added, “Good. Now, get your shoes on. And please, we are speaking english. So, our young friend here can understand us.”

(_)

Twenty minutes later, the group was were outside, and far from Akira's dorm building. They walked down a dimly lit sidewalk, of Atlanta, in the middle of the night.

While they walked, Akira mentally regretted, 'I should have listened to my horoscope.'

Akira became to plead, in english, “Please, listen. I do not know anything. I don't know about the robots, that blue armor girl, or even any of you. Please, let me go. I am just some loser from Tokyo, Japan, whom came to America to get a college degree.”

Natsuru said, in english, “You are from Tokyo? I am too.”

The black haired man commented, in a masculine voice, in english, “So am I.”

Ranma stated, in english, “I have lived there, for a few years.”

The boy said, in english, “Never been there.”

Birdy coyly responded, “I am familiar with the place. Hmm... Akira, you are getting more interesting by the minute.”

Akira thought, 'Damn! I gave even more information about myself. Again!' He commented, “I am surprised, given how interesting you people are, that I do not remember seeing any of you, before tonight.”

Birdy slyly said, “That is because most of us know when not to be seen. Which you seemed to try, back at that hotel lobby.”

Natsuru turned to Birdy, as he requested, “Birdy. Please, stop giving Akira the third degree. He is our only lead to finding out who sent those robots. And I am starting to think that he really doesn't know anything.”

Birdy conceded, “Alright. But, he is still staying with us.”

Natsuru turned to Akira. He stated, “I sincerely apology for giving your personal information to them. But, we really need to find out who sent those robots.”

Akira heard all this, as his mental state wavered between shock and disbelief at the situation he found himself in. He replied, “Okay.”

As they continued, walking down the street, at night, Akira noticed they were the only people on the sidewalks, with most of the businesses being closed for the night.

Akira thought, 'To bad they took away my cellphone. And they can easily out run me. So, there is absolutely no way I can escape, nor get help. Also, given the apparent level craziness this group clearly has, and that they just kidnapped me from my bedroom. I am guessing that my lifespan is probably going to be cut extremely short. Yet, there are still a few questions I want answered.'

Out of morbid curiosity, Akira asked Ranma, “Mister Saotome. How did you end up as Ranko, in the band Koco?”

The suddenly group stopped walking, as all of them turned to face Akira.

Birdy questioned, “Ranma, it would not be wise to answer his questions.”

Ranma shrugged, as he casually responded, “Why not? No one is going to believe him. I am sure all of our lives are just too crazy to be believed. And we do owe him some explanations for breaking into his bedroom, pulling him out of bed in the middle of the night, and dragging him with us. Besides, we never formerly introduced ourselves to each other. And I would like to know who I am working with. Since it my suggestion. I guess I better go first. Just give me a minute to figure out where to start.”

Ranma turned to Akira. Everyone remained silent, as he spent a minute collecting his thoughts. He then explained. “Now, that I think about it, I better start at the beginning. If you asked me when I was first cursed to turn into a girl, that I was lucky. I would have rather died than admit it. But, now looking back, I realize that I was the lucky one.”

“That curse being a gender curse I got from falling into one, of the many hundreds of pools, in a remote area of China called, Jusenkyo. The curse works in that if I am hit by cold water, the curse triggers, and I become a girl. Hot water reverses the effect.”

“Most of the curses there are animal curses. A few are of mystic origin. And there are even personality curses. Such as this one big macho guy I know that turns into a skinny monk with cold water. As you can guess, the other curses are far more horrible than being a girl. Some of the people I know, that were also cursed, turned into a piglet, a duck, and a c... cat. Sorry, I have a fear of cats. I have gotten better, but it is a long story, and I don't want to get into it. And yes, a few people did try to eat them. Which I found horrific.”

“Along with this, even my father turns into a panda.”

“Still, while I eventually realized I was lucky in curses. When my father and I returned to a family friend's home, in Tokyo, I found I was not so lucky in love. Not from lack of attention, but to much attention.”

Natsuru snorted, “Join the club.”

Ranma responded, “It sounds like I am not alone in that department. Anyway, I found myself in a number of arranged engagements. For every reason imaginable. From combat to food.”

“But, over time, I was able to settle most of those engagements. And I found that a girl, I know, was right. Money can solve a number of your problems. Money that I got from being Ranko, in the band, Koco. And the occasional martial arts contest.”

“Though, back to the band, Koco. The first time the five of us performed was at a Christmas party. There was the three Tendo sisters, the Chinese Amazon Shampoo, and myself, as Ranko. We found that we were actually pretty good. A few days later, we talk about doing again, but the discussion never really went anywhere.”

“Then, several months later, after a trip back to China. Where we fought some bird people, and when I defeated the phoenix king. After which, we had returned to Tokyo, and there was attempted wedding that went horribly wrong. Though, no one was hurt.”

“It was then that we found out that we were all broke, and we needed money. So, we reformed the band, and we came up with the named for it. Koco. Our manager was the Nabiki Tendo, the middle sister in the band.”

“We published several albums, made several music videos, and made a lot of money. Even my mom let up on the man among men thing when she saw how much money we were making. And when the band broke up, we all used that money wisely.”

“All the three of the Tendo sisters used the money they earned to go to college, for various careers. The eldest sister, Kasumi, went to college to become a doctor. Once she became a doctor, she tracked down a doctor she was romantically interested in. She eloped with him. They now have a thriving practice, with two wonderful children.”

“Nabiki studied business and economic courses. After she earned her degree, she soon took control of the conglomerate, Kuno Industries. Within a year, since taking control, she doubled their earnings.”

“It was real coup. Literally. Of the Kuno family. Nabiki had the father, Mister Kuno, and sister, Kodachi Kuno, committed to an insane asylum. And she forced the brother, Tatewaki Kuno to make a choice of either willingly getting mental therapy, and handing control of his family company over to Nabiki, or being committed to an insane asylum, as well. And, for helping Nabiki, their poor servant, Sasuke, became her well paid servant.”

“Akane, the youngest sister, studied physical education and martial arts. And she got the certification to teach both. She did this to thumb her nose at her dad for neglecting her martial arts training. And she is now being paid very well to teach martial arts at a private high school.”

“Shampoo returned to China as a wealthy woman. Sharing her wealth with her village helped smooth things over with her tribe for not bringing me back with her. While she was still cursed as a c... cat, she did very well for herself. Even her great-grandmother was proud of her.”

“Mousse, a Chinese boy that was raised near the Amazon village, where Shampoo was from, and he loved, returned to China. He was the one that turned into a duck.”

“Soon after returning to China, Mousse go involved with the Chinese military. They were very interested in his hidden weapons techniques. Mousse only had two conditions for him training their military, in his school of martial arts. One was a well paid, on going job, as a consultant to them. The other was they would cure both him and Shampoo of their curses.”

“The Chinese military were more than willing to do both. And with their resources, they were able to deliver on their part of the deal within a matter of weeks. Shampoo and Mousse were then cured of their curses.”

“They never got together as a couple, but Mousse getting Shampoo cured did help smooth over their friendship.”

“As the years passed, Ryoga, a friendly rival of mine, whom was a natural wanderer. He got lost, a lot. And he cursed to turn into a piglet. Had an adventure with some gods, I am not sure which ones. Or, what happened. But, for Ryoga's help, they cured him of his piglet curse.”

“Ryoga even had other interesting adventures. He ran into another wanderer, Ryu. It was a good time for them to meet. As Ryu's friend, Ken, had to return home to run his friendly business, and help his wife take care of their young son.”

“Ryoga and Ryu became the best of friends. They like to spar against each other, and travel together. They loved it when the convinced Ken and I go join in on some organized fights. We all made a lot of money from those fights.”

“And me. I came to realize that I was truly a wild horse, never to be tamed. And the universe tried its best to do just that, and it failed. It is a task that is beyond the impossible to accomplish. Since school was never for me. And I never really clicked with anyone at a romantic level. I just moved on from my friends. But, we do keep in touch.”

“Though, before I started my own journey, I invested my money into a business owned by a childhood friend. And her business took off in some many wonderful ways.”

He then point over, across the street, as the local Ucchan's Okonomiyaki Restaurant. The restaurant was still open, at night. And the restaurant being part of a world wide restaurant chain.

Ranma turned back to the others, as he cracked a grin. He continued, “Let's just say that Ucchan, I mean Ukyou and I will never have to work a day for the rest of our lives.”

“Anyway, Ukyou eventually got married to Konatsu, whom loved her deeply. And Ukyou cared for him. Though, speaking of Ukyou's husband. Or, should I say, wife? Konatsu was raise a girl. And he dressed and acted more feminine than most women I know of. I guess Konatsu was really a girl, mentally. Cause he got himself intentionally cursed to turn into a girl. And she was happy about it. She stays a girl most of the time.”

“Though, Konatsu did dicuss getting cursed, with Ukyou, beforehand. And Ukyou did give Konatsu her blessing in doing so. With Konatsu getting cursed not harming their relationship. Actually, it helped their relationship.”

“I had already learned that Ukyou was bi. And I just wasn't ready to do some of the things she wanted to do. While, Konatsu was more than willing to go places I would not. And the last time I spoke to them, they have been talking about having a child. I am sure they will make good, loving parents.”

“Still, given what I learned from Herb, another person cursed to turn into a girl, that for human men, turned into girls, by that curse, have their forms locked female when they get pregnant, until soon after they have their child. And I know Ukyou has some packets of spring of drown man. With those packets being one time doses of male curse, that can temporally turn a woman into a man, until it the curse is permanently reversed with hot water.”

“As such, I don't which one is having the baby, and I don't want to know.”

“Anyway, except for Konatsu, and Herb, my friends eventually got cured. In time, I may find a cure, as well. And if not, I have matured to the point that I admit that there are some perks to being a woman. Well, that is my life. Whose next?”

Guy smugly spoke up, “My name is, Guy. I am not giving any of you my last name. And I am not telling you where I am from. Unlike the rest here, I do not actually turn into a girl.”

Guy held up his right hand, to show the ring on his left index finger. He then lowered his left hand. He continued, “I found this ring, and put it on. I later learned that this ring has been used by both women and men, in my family, since caveman times. I cannot get the ring off my finger. And it turns my cloths into a pink dress, with black hair, in a feminine hair style, on my head. Though, I am still a guy underneath. The ring actually disappeared until I am in costume.”

“As you can probably guess, I am the superhero, Shezow.”

“Still, even though I am forced to I play superhero in a girly dress, feminine hair style, and heels. When I am in costume, I do get superpowers from this ring. Including, super-strength and super-speed. Along with a utility belt, filled with cool gadgets. So, the ring gives me a good tradeoff. I even got a transformable car out of the deal.”

“Transformable car?” Natsuru asked.

Guy answered, “Think like a James Bond car, only cooler. I can not only drive it, but it can go underwater, and it can fly.”

Natsuru commented, “Cool.”

Guy agreed, “Yea. But, it's back home.”

Natsuru cursed, “Damn.”

Guy stated, “Well, that is all for me. I guess someone else needs to speak now.”

The black haired man was next. He said, “My name is, Futaba Shimeru. I was born in Tokyo. My people are from a small, floating island, in the Pacific ocean.”

Ranma chucked. He then commented, “Been there. Done that.”

Futaba ignored Ranma, as he continued, “I thought I was a normal person, until I reached puberty found that my people changed sex when either aroused, or severely stressed.”

Futaba then shifted into slightly smaller, green haired woman. She continued, in a much more feminine voice, “We later learn to control the change. I also found out that those that are born male and turn into women are the one's that give birth to our children. Such as my father. Also, I am a trained wrestler, model, and actress. I was here to do a modeling shoot, as a girl. But, I wanted to also have some fun at the convention. As a woman, my father is the supermodel, Kahoru Iroka”

Birdy spoke up, “Really? I thought you looked familiar. As Shion Arita, I remember doing a photo shoot at the beach, with Kahoru and her daughter. I guess that was you.”

Futaba stated, “Yes. That was me. I remember you, with the brown hair. We went to lunch, together. And you were very nice me.”

Birdy politely replied, “Thank you. I guess it is my turn. I am actually two people.”

Birdy then turned into a man with dark blue hair. Her clothing changed with her, into pants, shirt, and shoes, for a man.

Akira immediately recognized from the convention. He thought, 'That is the guy on the cellphone. This is getting stranger by the minute.'

The man said, in english, “Hello, my name is, Tsutomu Senkawa. When Birdy first came to Earth, she accidentally killed me. But, she and her allies were able to use their technology to put my consciousness into Birdy's body. And we have change genders from what I look like, to her, when we swap control of this body.”

Tsutomu then turned back into Birdy, completely with him changing clothing to look like the clothes she had on, before changing into a man.

Birdy explained, “As you can already guess, I am an alien. I am Federation Officer Birdy Cephon Altera. And no. We are not the Star Trek Federation. We are not that nice. My species are known as, Alteran. I am part of a subgroup called, Ixioran Altairian. What you would call bio-engineered supersoldiers.”

“I come from the planet, Oriotera. The Federation capital world. I was born a girl. Tsutomu was born a boy. I came to Earth to chase down Federation criminals that have fled to this planet. Some of these criminals have even made deals with some of the governments of this world, to conduct horrible experiments on the population of this planet. For the most part I have been able to stop things before the got out of hand.”

Birdy continued, as he tone of voice turned sober and sad, “But, I once I failed to stop an experiment in time... I will let Tsutomu explain. He is better at explaining things like this.”

Birdy changed into Tsutomu. Including, their clothing changing, again.

Tsutomu said, “Soon after, my body got repaired, and my mind was returned to it. There was an experiment that got out of hand, that my girlfriend, at the time was in the middle of. It caused the destruction of a large section of Tokyo. The weapon literally scarred the city itself. The tens of thousands of victims that disappeared that night were literally crystallized and broke down into mere atoms in a matter of seconds. Those from Tokyo now the horrific event I am talking about.”

Natsuru, Futaba, Ranma, and Akira looked sad for a few seconds.

Akira soberly thought, 'So, it was aliens that caused all that destruction, and those thousands of disappearances... Or, I guess now deaths.'

Tsutomu went onto say, “We were able to save my girlfriend, at the cost of my body being permanently destroyed. My mind was put back into Birdy's body. But, my girlfriend lost her memory of those previous few months. And with the loss of her family. Our relationship fell apart. And she moved away.”

Akira spoke up, “Sorry to hear about that. Still, I have a question. I noticed when you two change back and forth, your clothing changes, as well. I have seen some of the recordings from Shion Arita, I mean Birdy performing. And in them, she is constantly swapping her clothing, like a magic trick. Is that the same ability, as what you use when you change between each other?”

Tsutomu answered, “Yes. It is. It is part of the federation technology she has on her body.”

Ranma said, “That is a nice trick. I wish I could have had that years ago. It would have saved me from some very embarrassing situations.”

Natsuru commented, “As long as it is not the same dress.”

Tsutomu smiled, as he replied, “I completely agree.”

He then changed back to Birdy, along with their clothes going back to Birdy's clothing.

Birdy said, “To get back on track. In the last few months, I have changed my tactics from direct capture, to negotiation and diplomacy, in trying to get your governments to turn over one of the worst criminals I know of. Her name is Christella Revi. Her subordinate, a human liaison between her and your governments, has been helpful. I have even met his family, and he helped out a friend of ours.”

Birdy thought, 'I think I will not mention Gomez by name.'

Birdy continued, “I always learned that the only reason he is a part of all this is that all the experiments are to develop weapons against invades or destruction of the Earth. And he does have a legitimate concern for Earth's wellbeing, in the greater galactic stage.”

“Earth is geographically located in the middle of a cold war, between the Federation, and our enemies the Union. So, your governments worries are justified, if not their means. The governments are looking for assurance from the Federation that we will not invade them, and we will protect them from the Union.”

“And we do have reasons to protect this planet. For centuries. Many non-criminal Alterans, have come to live on Earth. Some humans are even partly descended from Alterans. Another of my friends recently found out his grandmother is an Alteran.”

Futaba interrupted, “Really. Some normal humans are descended from the Shimeru clan. Such as one of my spouses?”

Ranma turned to Futaba, as he asked, “Spouses? How many do you have?”

Futaba answered, “Two girls. Well, girls like my sister. One was an arrange marriage, whose name is, Kurin. The other was my girlfriend, Misaki. My family really doesn't care. Misaki's family was okay with the marriage, due to her marrying into a wealthier family. Kurin's family was supported the arrangement, once they found out that Misaki was the only person on earth whom could cook a single meal that would sate Kurin's appetite. Kurin has a big appetite. Though, I cannot even touch Misaki's food. Way, way too many calories and sugar. But, Kurin is a good cook, and I am fair in the kitchen. So, it is okay.”

“Though, early in our relationship, Misaki got hurt and had to have a blood transfusion, and I was the only compatible donor. Because of this, she began to change genders for a few months afterward. We later learned this was because she has some minor Shimeru ancestry. My blood triggered her Shimeru genes to activate, turning her into a guy when excited. This was temporary. She later had gene therapy, by my people, to make it permanent.”

“Let us just say, Misaki loves me. She went through a lot to be with me. And I love her back, just as much. If the actions of my sister, Futana, as a guy, are any indication of the actions my previous Shimeru ancestors. It is not be surprising to find out that my people has many normal human descendants.”

Natsuru surmised, “What happens if a human is descended from both Alteran and Shimeru bloodlines?”

Birdy stated, “Nothing. The genes are likely dormant. And will not affect that human. Unless triggered.”

Natsuru stated, “It is still interesting. I guess I am up. My name is Natsuru Senou. How I got turned into a girl, was me and friends got drafted in a sick game of death, as kampfers.”

Natsuru help up his right arm, showing his blue bracelet. He then turned into a girl, but she remained in her casual male clothing.

Natsuru dropped her right arm back to her side. She explained, in her female voice, “This bracelet turned me into a magical girl. And I can fire balls, and also create streams of fire, like a flamethrower. I can change genders, back and forth, at will.”

“The bracelet seems to be indestructible, and it cannot be removed. As a girl, my physical limits, speed, strength, durability, have also been slightly increased. The bracelet can also temporally turn my clothes into a white and black seifuku.”

“As to who picked up out, as kampfers. The moderators pick the kampfers. The moderator I dealt with was a real sicko that wanted me as a girl, while getting my friends killed. See, blue kampfers and red kampfers are suppose to fight each other to the death. And if a girl that is picked is not aggressive enough, they are given a split personality that is violent when she changes into her kampfer form. Some of us are given magical powers. Some are given melee weapons. Others are given guns. Like one my friends with a split personality.”

Akira thought, 'So that is what you meant by hair trigger temper.'

Natsuru continued, “Anyway, one of my childhood friends was a red kampfer, which the moderator in question tried to get killed in the hopes of clearing the path for dating me as a girl. Fortunately, my friends and I figured out this game, and we stopped fighting each other. We even beat the people sent after us. This allowed us a measure of peace.”

“We also found out that the people behind this, that control the moderators, are reportedly aliens. I was hoping that since Birdy here is a space cop. That she can find out who is really behind this.”

Birdy stated. “I would be more than happy to looked into it. But, if someone had not destroyed my spaceship, while I was distracted during that battle at the hotel, it would be a lot easier. And I cannot contact the Federation government without my ship. It is going to take a few weeks, to a month, for them to figure out what happened, and send a ship after us.”

Natsuru said, “Then, we will just have to wait.”

Akira shook his head a couple of times, as he muttered, “I never though I would personally see the three laws in practice.”

Futaba overheard Akira, as she asked him, “What three laws?”

Akira used his right hand to slap himself in the forehead, as he mentally wallowed in his stupidity, 'I cannot believe I said that out loud. Well, I might as well tell them. Unfortunately, they rules were originally written mostly for those that are turned from male to female. And not female to male. Like Birdy, and the female members of Futaba's family.'

'Still, I won't bring that up, unless Birdy, or someone else asks about that. Considering, there is still some debate on these rules, in relation to those that were originally female.'

Akira lowered his hand, as looked over the others. He said, “The three laws I am talking about, are called, Mandy's three laws of gender bending. I believe the laws are named after the person, whom first posted them, on the internet, several years ago. They are just theoretical... Well, until I met you all. And they deal with well... you.”

Ranma commented, “This I have got to hear.”

Akira stated, “The first law is, once a boy has been turned into girl, circumstances will conspire to keep her female. That means that once you are turned into a female, being cured completely back to a male is next to impossible. While those turned female are eventually able to find a way back to turn male. Most of the time, they are only temporally male, and they eventually becoming a female again.”

“Meaning, you will never be fully rid of turning into a female, on occasion. But, you are able to change back and forth. With this allowing some control over your situations.”

Ranma replied, “I wish someone would have told me about this law earlier. It would have saved me a whole lot of time and trouble.”

Akira went onto say, “Ranma, I don't doubt that one bit. The second law is, any character, after being gender bent, will come to enjoy their new gender more than their old gender. Meaning those that are changed will find is easy to do things in society than the gender they previously were.”

“Such as the males turned female, will receive help and aid as females, that they would never receive as males. They will also find daily social interactions, such as people being friendly, and other activities, more pleasant and enjoyable, than as males.”

Ranma responded, “This only applied to me when I was being sneaky. When I was younger. In either getting ice cream, or disguising myself, while a girl, to get something from someone.”

Futaba stated, “Actually, I have found that being a girl is more troublesome than being a guy.”

Natsuru commented, “While being a girl can be fun, I would not say being a girl is easier. Still, I admit that I have received slightly better social relations with people in general, as a girl, than as a boy. But, not by much. Except at my old highschool. Though, I think that was more due to most of the students being horny, due to the genders at the school being segregated. Where neither the boys, nor the girls were allowed to know each other, and form romantic relationships.”

“When I started changing, one of my friends pulled some strings to sent me to the girls side of the school, as a girl. Though, I was unhappy about it. And after talking about it, I ended up on the girl's side, half the time after that.”

“I guess the girls could sense that some part of my personality was male, and they craved being around a male. Any male. Even half a male. And the boys wanted to look at any pretty girl they could, and I sometimes accidentally changed into a girl, on the boys side of the school.”

“Fortunately, those times, right before I have been forced involuntary to shift to girl, this bracelet starts blinking. This gives me a few seconds to find some place private. Still, except for those who knew about me, none of the other students ever realized that it was me. Even though both my boy and girl side went by the same name.”

Futaba said, “That is not so surprising. My sister, and later myself, used that same trick at our old school. We used our real names as both boy and girl while at school. Almost no one among the people there were the wiser about it.”

Ranma commented, “Damn. I can see how that, in some ways, you two had it worse than me at school. Still, being a girl does have its uses. And I guess only a total loser, as a boy, would find such social benefits from being turned into a girl, to their liking.”

Akira ignored Ranma's comment, as he stated, “Natsuru, that last part of your statement is a good example of the second part of the third law of gender bending. You see, the last law is in two parts.”

“The full third law of gender bending is that any gender bent character will either embrace, or be subject to all of the stereotypes associated with their new gender. The scary part of the first part of the third law is the possibility of a person having a loss of their identity.”

“Quite literally, those that were originally male, the feminine side of their personality become dominant over the masculine side of their personality.”

“Still, some of those that are gender bent, from male to female, may just choose this as a choice. With them genuinely starting to like being a girl. This is very possible, because we do not know how much of the brain chemistry and neurological systems of your brains are changed during a gender shift.”

Ranma responded, “You might have a point there. I was one time hit in the head, one too many times, and I started thinking like a girl for a day or so. During that time. Which I mostly remember. I was literally living that part of the gender law. It took a few more blows to my head to get me back to thinking the way I usually do.”

Both Futaba and Natsuru looked over at Ranma.

Natsuru asked, “Ranma, how many times have you been hit in the head?”

Ranma answered, “Several times. When I was younger.”

Futaba pointed out, “That explains a lot. And while I do admit that I do enjoy being a girl sometimes. I would not go as far as to say I fully embrace being a girl.”

Akira spoke up, “Futaba, your comment deals the second part of the third law. That being the person will be pushed into the role of being their new gender. In other words, you will either embrace being a girl, or you will be put in really embarrassing situations where you will be forced to act as a girl, until you embrace being a girl. Nearly full time.”

Ranma said, “That explains a lot of the insanity of my life. After I was cursed.”

Natsuru responded, “That explains why people pushed me into being a waitress, in a short skirt. And the pictures.”

Futaba commented, “At least you didn't have a father, whom in his female identity, pushed you into professional modeling, and acting, as a girl.”

Natsuru said, “I feel for you, Futaba.”

Birdy broke into the conversation, as she asked, “Akira, what about females that are turned into males? It is clear those rules were mostly written from the point of view of a male being turned into a female.”

Akira complimented, “That is very insightful of you, Birdy, and Tsutomu.”

Birdy replied, “Thank you, from both of us.”

Akira said, “There is some debate on that. One theory, is that most times, those that are original female would be cured very quickly. But, after hearing some of the things from you guys tonight, I am starting to think that is not the case. For example, you, and the originally female members of the Shimeru clan seem to be just as stuck at changing back and forth as the males whom have had their gender bent.”

“Also, you have to take into account that Tsutomu is also effected by the three laws. With him coming from the other side of the fence.”

Birdy grumbled, “Well, that figures.”

Akira look of at Guy, and he could see anxiety behind Guy's eyes. He thought, 'Poor kid. I guess he thinks that these rules apply to him. I need to set him right.'

Akira commented, “Relax Guy. From what I understand, you are a crossdresser. These rules do not apply to you. Except maybe the part about not finding a cure. You did say that ring does not want to come off of your finger.”

Akira could see that his words had gotten through to Guy, as the boy began to calm down.

Guy turned to Akira, as he said, “Thanks.”

Birdy requested, “Akira, Tsutomu would like to know if there is anything further you want to add on this subject.”

Akira answered, “Yes, there is. I had some long discussions with people over on internet forums about the three laws. We... Theorized that there was a loophole, as it were, to sidestep the second and third laws. While dealing with the first law.”

“That being doing something similar, as taking the Bruce Banner approach, from Marvel Comics. When Bruce Banner got angry, he turned into the very strong, and very green giant, known as the Hulk.”

“For years, Bruce Banner tried to find a cure to stop turning into the Hulk. Eventually, when he realized that he would never be cured, and he accepted that turning into the Hulk was a chronic condition, he life improved greatly. With him taking precautions on becoming the Hulk. And him releasing the Hulk in controlled environments.”

“For example, one webcomic author on the internet came up with a brilliant idea for one of his characters that was gender bent. That person would sleep as the opposite gender he, or she preferred. This allowed that person to spend their waking hours as the gender they wanted too, without fate bothering him, or her.”

Natsuru spoke up, “That is not a bad idea.”

Akira said, “I know. With that logic. If a victim does not treat the change as a case of pearls cast before swine, but instead that person accepts it to a degree for its virtues, this allows the victim to have enough breathing room to live as the gender of their choice. For the most part. Still, you have to be careful not to change at the most inopportune situations.”

Ranma was intrigued by what Akira was saying. He inquired, “Akira, what else have you read off the internet that might be useful?”

Akira answered, “Well, over the internet, I read the evil overlord list and the evil overlord cellblock attachments. Machiavelli's The Prince and Discourses on Livy. Along with a whole lot of other stuff. Millions of people categorize this stuff on several very large websites. I spent years reading, and I only scratched the surface of what the internet has to offer on these topics.”

Natsuru teased, “Such as porn.”

Akira shamelessly admitted, “Of course. I'm a guy. Still, given your... Conditions. I highly suggest you stay away from the imageboards. Those websites will warp your mind.”

Akira mentally reflected, 'And there is so much online porn about Shion Arita, Ranko, and even Ranma's male half, that if they ever found about it, they would likely try to destroy the planet, to get rid of it. I may have just saved the world, and no one will ever know about it.'

Birdy accused, “Akira, you are more like a pervert to me.”

Ranma warned, “Hey! Don't go throwing that word around. Especially, given what we are.”

Akira turned to Ranma, “Thank you.” He then turned to Birdy, as he responded. “Well, to be honest. I prefer to be considered a fool for love.”

Guy turned to Akira, as he spoke up, “Nice come back, Akira.” He then looked around the rest of the group, as he grinned. He continued, “And to the rest of you. All I have to say is that you all are really something else. Before I met you tonight, I thought I had it bad. At least it's just a dress with me. While you four actually turn into girls. But, thanks to you, I am going to spend the rest of my life with a smile on my face. All the while knowing that it could be far worse for me. If I actually turned into a girl, I would go crazy. And I could see how it would bother all of you.”

Ranma walked up to Guy.

He pulled out a bottle of water and uncapped it. He then poured it over his head, turning him into a girl.

She leaned over to look Guy in the face. She was smiling, as she stated, “I can understand where you are coming from. And as you can see. Changing into a women no longer bothers me.”

Then, Ramna gently placed her hand on Guys shoulder.

Futaba noticed something start to happen, as she commented, “What is going with Guy?”

Ranma quickly removed her hand, as they all saw Guy was starting to lightly glow a reddish-pink color.

The glow was getting bright.

Akira eyes widen, as he yelled, “Duck and cover!”

Akira then ran to, and jumped over a small concrete wall, about ten feet front them. With the wall be set against the outer side of the side walk.

Birdy, Ranma, Natsuru, and Futaba joined Akira. Just before the light exploded outward from Guy.

A few seconds later, Akira carefully stuck his head over the concrete wall. As he looked over at Guy, he quietly said to himself, “Now that I think about it. I would like to amend that there is a possible fourth law of gender bending. That when the situation is primed for someone to get their gender bent, especially from male to female, the change will likely happen to that person.”

By now, the rest of the group had gotten up and looked over at Guy.

Natsuru softly muttered, “Oh lord, no...”

While in mild shock, Ranma muttered, “What have I done?...”

The rest were silent, while being deeply concerned for Guy's wellbeing.

(_)

Guy had gained a few inches in height, and it was apparent from the now much tighter clothing of her body, that she had small breasts, and was a girl.

Guy asked, “Guys. What are you all looking at?”

She looked down and saw what had happen.

She checked herself, realizing she had been turned into a girl.

Then, she saw her reflection in a nearby store window and realizes she looked similar to her twin sister, but not exactly.

Guy started getting upset, and as her eyes began tearing up.

(_)

Ranma was the first to jump over the short concrete wall. She was soon followed by the others.

Ranma was horrified at what she had done, as she rushed over to Guy. When she reached her, she hastily stated, “I am so sorry, Guy. My curse must have reacted to the powers your ring. Let see if this works.” She then pulled out a thermos, uncapped it, and poured the hot water within it over Guy's head.

Nothing happened.

Ranma hastily said, “It was worth a try.” She mentally reflected, 'And that was my last bottle of hot water, to boot.'

Now wet, and a girl, Guy began to cry, Futaba quickly kneed down and clasped her right hand on Guy's left shoulder. Futaba said, in a reassuringly tone of voice. “Listen to me, Guy. I promise, we will find a way to change you back, as soon as possible. And I know that freaking out right now, after the first change, is perfectly natural for the situation. We have all done it. Just work it through your system. Okay.”

Futaba then hugged Guy, as Guy cried for the next few minutes.

Futaba silently prayed, 'Please be as much a late bloomer as a girl, as you were as a boy. I don't want you to have to go through that, just after changing. Like I did.'

As Guy did so, Natsuru and Birdy both leaned over to talked to her, in the hopes of further calming her down.

Natsuru calmly said, “Listen, at your age, for the moment, there is not much difference between being a boy and a girl. You are just going to have to go sitting down, and your chest is going to be a little tender. Actually, I don't even think you are big enough yet to need a bra. So, no worries there. You still can eat, sleep, talk, and do the other things, you usually do.”

Birdy joined in, as she commented, a pleasant tone of voice, “You will have my word that I will use the federation records, as quickly as possible, to find out what I can to help change you back.”

Akira silently stood back and watch the tragedy unfold. He sadly knew there was nothing he could do to help Guy cope with what happened to her.

Guy soon stopped crying.

Futaba let go of Guy, as she asked, “Feel better now?”

Guy said, in a weak tone of voice, “Yes.”

Birdy and Natsuru quietly backed away from the two of them.

Futaba suggested, “Now, lets dry you off.” She then pulled a cloth out of her pants pocket and started gently wiping down Guy's face and hair.

Guy started to say, with worry in her tone of voice, “What about those three gender laws now?...”

Futaba used the right index finger to Guy's mouth, to hush Guy. She stated, in a kind tone of voice, “Do not worry. Remember that loophole Akira mentioned. We will just use that.”

Akira inwardly smiled upon hearing Futaba's comment.

Suddenly, they heard a rumbling coming from all directions.

Futaba stood up, as everyone starting looking around for the origin of the noise.

Akira asked, “What is that?”

Birdy stated, “Oh no. I know what it is. Everyone, do not make take provocative action. Do not attack. Do not even take any defensive stances.”

Ranma asked, “Against who?”

A few seconds later, a dozen tank rolled towards them, six tanks from both ends of the street. With the twelve tanks stopping in a semicircle around them, with their gun turrets pointed at the group.

At the same time, several military assault helicopters buzzed around them, overhead.

Birdy reminded those around her, “Remember. Do not do anything.”

(_)

For the next few minutes, nothing happened, as the group just stood there, while the helicopters just circled, and the tanks remain stationary.

Suddenly, Akira notices that the group girls, and him, were being beamed up, somewhere.

Just as Akira disappeared, he asked, in annoyed tone of voice, “Oh hell. Now, what?”

(_)

As the soldiers in the vehicles watched this, they heard over their radio repeating orders from their command and control to stand down and not fire under any circumstances.

(_)

Elsewhere, at the military command center, a tall, physically strong, blond man in a green suit, known as Gomez, was standing by several military officers. All of them had just watched the monitors in front of them, on what had just happened to Akira's group.

Gomez turned to the officer next took him. He politely said, “General. Thank you for listening to me. I can assure you that Officer Cephon is many things, but a hostile terrorist is not one of those things. What happened was that you received bad intel.”

The General turned to Gomez, as he responded, “No problem. When I was younger, I watched the series Babylon Five. I am still a fan of the sci-fi series. And I have no interest in starting an intergalactic war against an alien nation, that could threaten humanity, by accidentally shooting an alien government official.”

Gomez replied, “I am comforted that you understand the situation.”

Gomez turned and watched the monitors. He thought, 'What the hell is going on? Birdy was not suppose to be there. We were informed through proper channels, an hour ago that a hostile alien terror cell had landed on Earth, here. But, none of those kids are terrorists. And we were clearly being played for fools.'

'Birdy, good luck finding out who is behind this. Because, there is no way I can help you.'

(_)

The next thing Akira knew, he, and the other five people he was with, were standing in the middle of a large cargo bay, inside some sort of ship.

After a minute of everyone stood around, looking at their surroundings, Birdy spoke up, “I know where we are. We are on a space freighter. I recognize the design of this cargo hold. This is a non-organic ship, with artificial gravity. Either we are still on Earth. Or, the gravity is set to Oriotera standard. Which is close to Earth's level of gravity.”

Ranma asked, “Anything special about this ship that we need to know about?”

Birdy said, “Well it is one of the faster space freighters. It is actually faster than my ship was. Also, it is a pretty big ship. About the size of one of your ocean going oil tankers. Though, I know where the cockpit is. So, follow me. And let us go greet the pilot, and find out what is going on.”

Birdy stated walking towards a nearby open doorway.

The rest of the group followed behind Birdy, while Ranma walked beside her, to Birdy's right side.

Ranma whispered to Birdy, “Something isn't right here. Someone sent the military after us. And those robots were honestly pushovers. But, how and why are just not adding up. And now we were basically brought to this ship right when the tanks and helicopters were all around us. It is too much to be coincidence.”

Birdy quietly replied, “I agree. But, we need to be quiet, until we learn more.”

Ranma nodded once, in agreement. She then allow herself to slow down, to where she was behind Birdy, with the rest of the group, as the followed the Federation Officer to the cockpit of the ship.

(_)

A few minutes later, they reached the cockpit.

When they reached the cockpit of, the pilot got up from her seat, and turned towards the group.

They saw that it was the helmeted woman in steel-blue armor, from the hotel.

The armored woman said, in english, “Hello. I was just about to leave the planet when my sensors registered a strange energy release. I looked more closely, and I saw that the military were closing in on you guys. I figured you guys could use some help. And given what just happen, I think it might be best if you are all off planet for a while. I am heading for the Oriotera. The Federation capitol planet. Want to come? It will take a few days before we get there. I know my ship is not much to look out, but she's got it where it counts.”

Birdy thought, with a bit of skepticism, 'How convenient. Still, this works for me, not against me. Without my ship, this is the quickest way back to headquarters.'

Birdy did her best to not sound sarcastic, as she replied, “Sure. I do need to go there for some personal business. Including, getting a new ship.”

Natsuru said, “I would like to look into information on the moderators, while there.”

Ranma commented, “I would love to learn about the history of the fighting arts of alien cultures.”

Futaba pointed out, “And while we are there, we can find a way to change Guy back into a boy.”

Futaba then smiled at Guy, whom returned her smile.

Akira begged, “I just want to go home. Can you please, first, take me back home, to my dorm room?”

The woman smiled at Akira, as she stated, “Sorry, buddy. Not happening.”

Akira whined, “Why not?”

The woman coyly answered, “Because, you are part of this.”

Birdy asked, “Who are you?”

The woman then removed her visor helmet. Her long blond hair fell out of the helmet, and down to her down her back, to below her shoulder blades.

When Akira saw the face of a beautiful, fair skinned woman, in her late twenties to early thirties, he screamed at the top of his lungs, for a few seconds.

As Akira freaked out, he jumped back against a ship wall. After he stopped screaming, he remained silent, through his was breathed heavily.

Akira's face showed a combination of shock and fear.

Natsuru quickly walked over to Akira. She reassuringly put her hand on Akira's shoulder, as she said. “Hey man. Calm down. You do not want to give yourself a heartattack.”

Akira turned to Natsuru, as he began to relax, as he caught his breath.

When Natsuru noticed this, she let go up him,

While Akira calmed down, he turned back to the blond woman. He stated, “I know her.”

Akira pulled out his wallet from his pants. And he handed them a picture that was within his wallet.

The group passed the photo around, as they looked the picture. The photo showed the blond woman, as a young teenage girl. She was with some slightly older teenage boys, and some very sexy, slightly older teenage girls. Akira was not in the photo.

Ranma said, “This is a clear case of information overload. I have seen it before. And after what we dragged him threw, in the last twelve hours, it was bound to happen. He will be fine.”

Akira commented, “You are right, Ranma. And I was the one who took the photograph with our camera. And she has clearly... Bloomed since then.”

The blond women giggled a little, for a few seconds.

By then, Futaba had the photo. She looked at it. And since she was the last one to look at it, she then handed the photo back to Akira. Akira put the picture back into his wallet. And he put his wallet back into the pocket he had it in.

Akira thought, 'Except for the kid. I am surrounded by beautiful women. And all of them are so crazy, I would not touch any of them with a ten feet long pole. I am in hell. That is the explanation. I have died and gone hell for my sins. Someone please just show me the exit.'

Akira, then noticed from the corner of his left eye, a small map on the wall he was leaning against. He looked at it, as he inwardly smiled. He then quickly looked back at the group of women. He saw that their attention was elsewhere, towards each other.

Akira thought, 'Now, is my chance.'

Nearby, Fubata looked up at the blond woman, as she compliment, “You were cute when you were younger.”

The woman kindly responded. “Yes, I was. And thank you.” She then turned to Birdy, as she continued, “And to answer you question, Officer Cephon. I am Federation Officer Hanna Solas. Temporal Division.”

Guy asked, with interest in her tone of voice. “Temporal? As in time travel?”

Hanna replied, “Yes. I am from the future.”

Birdy thought, 'It is very hard to verify what she is saying. Being from the future makes background checks very difficult, at best. That is why the Federation uses codes to verify a federation officer from the future. If she has those codes, that bypasses all the security checks, and she can move freely within the Federation. Still, if she is up to something, why would she be heading straight for headquarters. I am going to have to take her at her word, until I learn otherwise.'

Birdy asked, “So, what brings you to the past?”

Hanna calmly answered, “I apologize, Officer Cephon. But, that is classified.”

Ranma then noticed Akira was nowhere in sight. She asked, “Hey, where did that coward run off too?”

Everyone looked around, and they realized that Akira was gone.

Guy noticed a small map on the wall. She pointed at the map, with her right hand, as she inquired, “Hey. Akira was standing by this map. What does it lead too?”

Hanna answered, “That is the emergency map to the lifepods.”

They looked at each other for a moment.

A second later, they all quickly ran out of the cockpit, towards the on board lifepods.

As they ran, Natsuru requested, “Please. Let's not hurt, Akira. He is just freaking out, and wants to go home. So, if we have to take him down, let's do it as gently as possible. Remember, he is not as tough as we are.”

Futaba replied, “Fine by me.”

Birdy, Ranma, and Guy simply each nodded once in acknowledgment.

Hanna stated, “Don't worry. My suit has something for just this occasion.”

(_)

A couple of minutes later, they found Akira by one of the lifepods.

Akira was trying to manually open a hatch to the lifepod he was standing beside, with his bare hands.

Hanna ordered, “Get away from there!”

Akira did not even both to turn towards Hanna, as he continue work at the hatch. Instead, he just yelled back, “Hell no!”

The group then dog piled him

They tried restrained Akira, without seriously harming him. But, Akira continued struggling, as he was loudly babbled, “I am like Rock! Only in an infinitely more insane situation! But, unlike Rock, I know I am not good enough to talk my way out of being killed by psychos and sociopaths! I have been an epic loser for most of my life! I know where my fate is heading! I am the fool that is killed to make you guys... err gals, look good! As such, I am getting off this crazy ride, while I still can!”

Suddenly, Akira felt a sharp pain in his right butt cheek, right before he passed out.

To Be Continued...

(_)

Author's Notes:

It was just to tempting not to do so. As such, I had the characters talking Mandy's three laws of gender bending.

I have never read a scene like that, and it was just so juicy to write.

The possible forth law is just logical. It just covers the set up of a gender bending origin of a character being changed.

And the loophole makes sense if you think about it. In fiction, the only person obsessed with getting cure of their shape changing condition than Ranma would be Marvel Comics' Bruce Banner. When Bruce admitted he could not be permanently cured, and the Hulk he accepted the Hulk as a chronic condition, his life improved dramatically. So, I decided to apply this to gender bending, as well.

(_)

On the Futaba-Kun Change manga series, I had to split the difference on the last part of Futaba-Kun Change canon. No class trip. No airplane crach. No spaceship. No eight year jump into the future. No big reveal of their people to the outside world.

Yes. To the two spouses. Aand Misaki's gene therapy. Let us be honest, the fact that Misaki could temporally change gender with a blood transfusion from Futaba's blood was Misaki's trump card against Kurin. It would have eventually come out.

For the record, I loath not using canon. But, parts of that last volume was hamfisted and rushed. And this is the only part this six way crossover, I am using, that would not fit.

(_)

Now, about adding Guy to the cast, and why I wrote what I wrote.

I did not originally consider using Guy. I had this idea for a crossover like this for years. Long before the Shezow series even existed. I just could not figure out how to make it work until very recently.

Originally, this was just going to be a five way crossover.

But, there is one scene in gender bending that I have yet to read, or view. A scene that is as rare as can be.

I have never seen this scene before. In my two decades of reading, and watching the gender bending genre, in nearly every format possible, I have never seen this scene actually created. As insane as it sounds, I honestly don't think that scene had even been created because the backstories required are to difficult to write, and bring together.

Until now. I decided to create that scene myself. And I used this story as an opportunity to create it.

That scene being an initial gender bend that is random, with a group people that can emotionally relate, that were gender bent themselves years earlier, and have worked through the mental issues and know how to help the person that was just changed deal with the change.

Most cases, when a character is gender bend, that character is alone, and has to mentally work through it themselves.

There is is person, or people there, they are either, unable to relate and help.

They are indifferent

Or, the scene played for laughs. For example, at the beginning of the Futaba-Kun Change manga. When Futaba confronts his family about their hereditary gender bending.

Such raw dramatic potential wasted for a cheap laugh.

This scene I created had many subtle moving parts.

The other characters had to know what was happening, have something previous happen to them, and be about to help the person that was just changed.

Those helping the suddenly changed person promising to do everything in their power to help cure that person, and meaning it.

All the while, the dialog and description wording of the scene had to be both dramatic and mildly uplifting.

I think I nailed creating the scene.

(_)

Now, why did I choose Guy?

To do this scene right, I needed two criteria for a proper character for this to happen too.

The first being that the character is a borderline case that could easily be gender bent with the slightest of pushes towards that direction.

The second being the character that would have a reason to be there, at the beginning of the story.

Guy fit both requirements perfectly. To the point I found it to be genuinely scary.

First, even though Guy's Shezow ring and powers does not physically change his gender, and mostly just crossdresses him in a superheroine costume, with superpowers, the ring's power has on occasion effected his mind and body.

So far, really powerful empathy for the mind, and temporary body part enlargements, such as his head.

That is canon for that series.

It is also canon that Shezow's power has infused Guy's body with massive amounts of feminine energy.

He is practically radioactive with feminine energy, even though he is still physically male.

He has so much power feminine energy in his body, that there is enough power in just one of his hangnails was able to create life, in the form of a clone that was nearly as powerful as Guy himself.

A hangnail!

Even one of his teeth was used as a powerful energy weapon.

And I don't even want to think about what would happen if another character received a blood transfusion from Guy.

The difference in the power of such blood would be in comparison to Futaba's blood would that Futaba's blood is slight above the level of a normal person's blood, while Guy's blood would be like getting a blood transfusion from the Hulk. Read about Marvel Comic's Jennifer Walters, AKA the She-Hulk.

I believe without a doubt that if Guy ever had even the slightly contact with gender bending magic, such as Ranma's curse, it would be enough for the power of his ring to turn Guy into a girl.

(_)

Second, Guy is a superhero that likes being famous and getting attention. While Guy has no problems also fight badguys.

Those are enough reasons for Guy to be both be at the convention at this story, being around for the fight against those robots at the beginning, and sticking around with the group, until he could find out who was behind the robots attacking.

(_)

An other matter of the scene of Guy changing genders. I very, very carefully worded that scene so as to not cross any serious lines.

The only reason Guy is in this story is for me to create that scene. That is it.

Do not worry, as a character in this story, I am treating Guy very gently.

Nothing else is going to happen to Guy in this story. Nothing bad at all.

Guy is just along for the ride, because I wanted to do that one scene.

I even have the scene where Guy is cured, and turned back into a male, already written out.

Still, about the welfare of the other characters... Well... In most cases it depends on your point of view.

Until next time. Have a great day.

up
73 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

umm...humm..

Sadarsa's picture

Ok, I'm not even going to touch on the grammar... it was bad and that's enough said about it.

I think maybe there was a tad bit too much information flowing in this chapter, i mean who tells their life's story to a total stranger? Rather than detailed explanations, I think Ranma would have just summed it up in a sentence or two rather than babbling for a good 1/3 the story. Dont get me wrong i thought what you said was pretty interesting. It was neat to see how the lives of the Tendo sisters turned out, but I dont think Ranma would have even mentioned their names in this situation let alone talk about all he did.

As far as Akira's panic attack at the end, am I to assume that she's the girl he ran from Tokyo to Alanta to get away from?

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~