Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: Chapter 01

Printer-friendly version

Badasses Of the Multiverse: Book 1: The Martial Artist, The Space Cop, The Superhero, The Magical Girl, The Wrestler, And The Fool for Love.

Chapter One: “Off The Rails.”

By Paul Cousins.

Copyright Disclaimer: All copyrighted places, characters, items, and events, within the story, are held by their current owners. No profit is being made on this work of fiction.

(_)

Author's forward: I would like to officially submit my resume to the laughing academy, in multiple parts.

Also, the mystery is to figure out the mysteries.

And there is a logic to my madness. So, please just go with it.

Enjoy.

(_)

There was once a black haired, teenage boy from Tokyo, Japan, whom was named, Hatsushiba Akira. Hatsushiba Akira and his friends had many lighthearted adventures. Usually, within the city they lived in.

Eventually, they all graduated high school, and Hatsushiba decided he needed a quieter change of pace. That he needed to focus on his future. For the past was too painful for him to look back on.

So, he wanted to study electronics, abroad, in America.

While, he and his family lacked the funds to send him to M.I.T. They were able to help him afford to go to another university system that challenged M.I.T., in the fields of technology. That university was Georgia Tech, mainly based in the state capital of Georgia, Atlanta.

Atlanta was a large, sprawling metro-city. Where Tokyo was compacted, and densely populated. Atlanta was spread out, with the greater part of Atlanta stretching out to other population centers of the state of Georgia, in a continuous manner, to make up much norther part of Georgia.

Fortunately, due to Hatsushiba having foreign friends, he had already become fluent in not only english, but french, as well. He could speak, read, and write, englih french, and his native language of japanese, without any problems.

After getting his passport, and student visa, he traveled to Atlanta, by passenger jet. And he landed, and passed through customers, in one of the worlds busiest airports, Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport, located in Atlanta Georgia.

Soon, Hatsushiba had moved into his college dorm room, and he began his studies in Georgia Tech college system.

A few weeks later, after Hatsushiba arrived in Atlanta, he started going by, Akira. For he found a few of his fellow students, and even a few of his teachers, had some trouble pronouncing, Hatsushiba.

Hatsushiba Akira did not mind. He had used both names, at various times of his life.

And Akira even soon took a job at a local coffee house, to help him pay his way through college. He already had previous had experience with such a job, so it was not a problem for him.

He found the local people were nice, and the food was good.

He found he was able to handle the class work load well. And he had a friend relationship with both the other students, the teachers, and others.

And while it raised a few eyebrows, from others, when they found out that Akira also knew french. It did not help him get any girlfriends. Though, Akira was not looking for a long term relationship at the moment. And barring a few casual, platonic hobbies, with others, he preferred to focus on his school work, and his job.

Akira even found interest in taking up a very American hobby.

(_)

In a field, Akira held a rifle to his right shoulder, with both hands. He said, in english, “Pull!”

On the skeet range, a clay disc popped out of the trap machine beside him, heading away from him.

He aimed and fire, hitting the disc dead on, causing it to explode.

The owners of the skeet field and rented weapons allowed him to vary his shooting style.

While holding a revolver pistol in each hand, Akira said. “Pull!”

Two clay discs shot out of the trap machine. With a shot from each pistol, he was able to destroy both discs.

Akira thought, 'Not many people could make those shoots. Too bad they do not allow foreigners to own pistols... Though, with my green card, I can get a long rifle. It is just rifles do not see fit my personality. Though, I did learn how to use them. But, I am not going to purchase one... Oh well. This is still fun.'

(_)

And as time passed, while Akira did not make any close friends, he did have a great time, during his stay in the American southern United States. Or, as the locals simply called it, The South.

For Akira, the next three and a half years passed peacefully, as he did his best to stay out of trouble.

(_)

It was early Friday morning in Atlanta, Georgia.

Sunlight shown in Akira's dorm room, from a curtained window, as the clock alarm by his bed, on a nightstand, when off.

The radio blared, in english, “All aboard.”

Soon after, Akira awoke and shut off the radio.

As Akira got out of bed, his foot hit an empty beer can on the floor.

He smiled, as he happily thought. 'It is so nice being over twenty-one years of age, in this country.'

Akira then got cleaned cleaned up, combed his short black hair, and got dressed.

A few minutes later, Akira now ready to face the day. As he was about to leave, he turned toward the anime wallscroll on one of the walls of his dorm room.

The wallscroll hung right over his small desk, housing his computer setup.

The wallscroll showed Revy, from the series Black Lagoon.

In the cloth poster, Revy was standing, showing her front and right sides of her body. Revy was a young, slender, asian-american woman, with tanned skin, with yellow irises, and of average height, for her mixed race. Though, she was slightly on the short side of more average american women.

Revy wore her usual black crop top shirt. Blue denim cut-offs shorts. Green, Vietnam era, U.S. army belt, with a metal hook and eye fastener. The belt was looped through the waist of her cut-offs. While the belt was hooked together, to hold up her shorts, but the zipper and button on her shorts were left own to reveal her black silk panties underneath.

Revy had green army boots. Black fingerless gloves over her hands. And two empty, brown leather, shoulder holsters, which were attached at the back, by a flat, square piece of brown leather, which stretched across her shoulder blades, and upper back.

Revy used a red hairband to tie her long red hair into a ponytail, that went down, below her shoulder blades. Though, she allowed her hair bangs to hang on the sides of her face.

Also, in the picture, in each of Revy's hands, Revy was holding her two, inoxidizable stainless steel, Beretta ninety-two FS Inox, semi-automatic pistols, which fired nine by nineteen millimeter parabellum rounds. Each weapon used a fifteen round ammo magazine. And the F series Beretta pistols used a double-action trigger system. Which meant that the trigger could be used to pull back and fire the pistol. With the subsequent rounds being single action trigger pulls, given the slides had already cocked the hammers, where ready to be fire again.

To add to these functions, on the back left side of the slide of each pistol was the safety lever, that also doubled as a decocking lever. When setting the lever to safety allowed the hammer could then be released, without setting off a bullet in the chamber, if one was located in there.

Both pistols had been combat modified to have extended barrels, beyond the slides of the pistols. This was to allow sound suppressors to be attached to the end of the barrels. And both pistols had the silver, with black outlines, of Calico Jack, skull and crossbones, pirate symbol, inlaid in the middle of the white, pearl grips, of the pistols.

Along with this, the pistols had the wording, '9mm Sword Cutlass', engraved on the left side of each of the slides of the pistols. On the right side of each pistol was the engraved, on the left side of the slide, the model of the pistol, 'Mod 92F'. Mod, as in modification. Then, to the right of the model number, was engraved a smaller Calico Jack, skull and crossbones symbol, than was on the grips of the handles. And finally, on the right end of the left side of the barrel was a Thai inscription. The Thai inscription was the name manufacturer of the weapons.

Akira continued to look at the wallscroll, he thought, with amusement, 'The Black Lagoon anime and manga series was a wonderful dark blend of action and T&A. I can really feel for the character, Rock. Though, he was kidnapped by that beautiful babe, he was so unlucky, in many other ways. And I admire Rock's ability to remain calm under pressure.'

Suddenly, he felt it coming...

The urge to let go, was great...

He took a few deep breaths, as he forcibly relaxed the muscle in his face, and in doing so stopped himself from sneezing.

He thought, 'Over two years, and counting, since I last sneezed... Now, what do I got to do today?... Ah, yes. I have classes this morning, then rest of today, and the weekend, I get to go to a sci-fi and fantasy convention in town. That should be fun.'

'And even better, I should be graduating in a few months. I guess I should start looking on the internet, for jobs back in Japan. That should not be to hard. Still, I am going to miss this place. The people here treated me well.'

Akira then turned, and left the room, with him locking his door to the hallway, behind him.

(_)

The Friday morning, was uneventful, for Akira. And that afternoon, he entered the hotel that was hosting the sci-fi/fantasy convention, through the double-door entrance. He had a small bag with a couple of changes of clothing.

After, he registered at the hotel front desk and headed from his room, he walked across the lobby to get to the elevators, that were also by a hallway, that went further into the hotel.

As Akira continued walked, he looked around, and he noticed several people from all walks of life.

Among the examples, some of the people stuck out to Akira's sight.

An average looking, dark blue haired, japanese man, about his age, talking on a blue cell phone.

The man said into his cellphone, in japanese, “Birdy is not happy with this job. Me and her don't have time for this. We have to go see that doctor.”

Akira then looked over to one of the walls and saw a poster that stated that japanese singer Shion Arita was going to be performing at the convention.

He thought, 'I have to admit. She is hot.'

There was also an another poster stated that someone name Shezow would appear.

It was then that he eye turned towards to caucasian twelve year old children. A girl and a boy, that look to be likely fraternal twins. The two siblings were arguing about something.

Akira silently reflected, 'Ah, the joys of having siblings. Been there. Done that.'

Nearby, at the check in desk, was a green haired girl, slightly younger than him, whom looked to be drenched with sweat, from being in a hurry.

Then, Akira said a girl, sitting at a couch, in the lobby. She was wearing a sci-fi costume of bluesteel combat armor, with a bluesteel, chinless visor helmet that covered most of her head and face. He could not even tell what hair color the woman was.

Also, the couch the armored woman was sitting in was near the large large aquarium full of fish, between the indoor entrance to the hotel restaurant, and the check in desk.

The costumed woman looked back at him, and she smiled.

Akira returned the smile, as he thought, “I guess some people are getting into cosplay a little early this time.”

Soon after, Akira passed by a bright blue haired japanese man, whom was a couple of years young than him. The man's hair was cut short, and he had a slender build. The man also wore a blue bracelet on his wrist.

Then Akira saw someone across the room that he recognized. The black haired japanese man had his hair cut to his neck line. The man was in muscular, but not buff. And he was a few years older than Akira. He was wearing a red Chinese shirt, black pants, black shoes, and he had a golden bracer on each of his forearms.

Akira mental realized, 'That is Ranma Saotome. He is already publicly regarded as a martial artist master. His tournaments with his sparring partner Ryoga Hibiki in two against two matches with billionaire Ken Masters and the wanderer Ryu were the stuff of legends. Split second movements that could not be caught on camera. Powerful blows that shattered the granite floors of the fighting square, like glass. Mysterious explosions. And Tornadoes. Of the four matches, the pairs have fought, both pairs have won two matches and lost two matches.”

“Both pairs of men are so good at the fighting arts that even Vegas odds makers admitted that there is a fifty-fifty chance of either pair winning in another fight against each other. Because their fights cannot be fully caught on film, after the first fight, tickets for the fight run in the millions of yen. It is considered an experience just to see the fights in person.'

'I do not care why he is here. I think it is best if I just avoid him.'

Akira then quickly headed for the elevators, and to his room to drop his stuff off his bag before getting some dinner.

(_)

After putting his bags in his hotel room, he came back down to the lobby to get some supper, at the restaurant inside the hotel.

As he entered the door to the restaurant, he noticed a large aquarium between the restaurant and the lobby check in office. The aquarium was full of fish.

After he got a table, he gave the waitress his order.

The waitress brought him is beverage, as he waited.

He sipped at the sweet, iced tea he had order. As a japanese he had grown up with hot tea all his life. But sweet, iced tea was a completely different flavor and was a region beverage for southeast part of the United States.

He had got hooked on the drink while working at a local coffee shop. It was good, especially if it was properly brew and mixed at the right time with sugar.

Within ten minutes, he received his meal.

He quietly ate as he watched from the window facing the hotel lobby, as more sci-fi and fantasy fans came in an orderly manner.

He saw a couple of hot women walk thought the lobby, whom were already where some sexy fantasy costumes.

He cracked a grin, as he mused, in thought, 'My horoscope for this week warned me to avoid strange women. It never said anything about looking at them.'

Soon after, he finished his dinner.

Akira then gave the money, for the meal, to the waitress. As he waited for his change and the receipt, a male voice asked him, from behind, in japanese, “Is this seat taken?”

Akira turned around and saw the blue haired japanese man he had seen earlier. As he got a closer look he could tell the man was likely either eighteen or nineteen.

Akira rhetorically thought, 'Why not? At least I can ask him about his bracelet.' He said, in japanese, “Have a seat.”

The man sat down across the Akira, at his table. The man then introduced himself, “My name is, Senou Natsuru.”

Akira responded, “I am, Hatsushiba Akira. Akira is fine.”

Natsuru said, “I noticed you are japanese. I was wondering, do you live here?”

Akira inquired, “I go to college here. But, I am from Japan. Are you Japan, as well?”

Natsuru stated, “Yes. And you the type of person I was looking for, while I was here. I came to this convention as an excuse to look into going to one of colleges in the U.S. And I could use some advise on the matter.”

Akira commented, “Well, it depends on what you are looking to study. Are you looking into studying computers, software, or other technologies? There is also a nice medical university, in the nearby town of Athens, Georgia.”

Natsuru said, “I was looking into software.”

Akira responded. “Then, Georgia Tech, here in Atlanta, is a good choice. It is cheaper than M.I.T. But, it has good teachers and resources. Also, the locals have been mostly polite to me. And the food here is good. Though, they like to fry just about any type of food imaginable. Including, ice cream. And they are armed with guns. Also, the heat and humidity can be a pain, in the summer. But, if you can get passed those problems, this is not a bad place to be.”

Natsuru replied, “That is nice to know.”

Akira asked, with curiosity in his tone of voice, “Anyway, what brings you to America? There are plenty of computer schools, back home.”

Natsuru took a deep breath, and he then slowly let it out. He said, with emotional tiredness evident in his voice, “I have to get away all the insanity. There are three beautiful girls that are interested in me. One has a hair trigger temper. And I do mean hair trigger. Another has the heart of an exhibitionist. And the third is a control freak. They are still my friends. And I do care about them. But, I still need to get away from all their craziness.” He then quietly whispered, “And the animal dolls.”

Akira theorize, “So, you decided that going to the other side of the world would be best?”

Natsuru replied, “Exactly.”

Akira said, with a weak smile on his lips, “I can sympathize. Sometimes relationships can end painfully. And all you can do is move on.”

Akira then took the last sip of his sweet iced tea from his glass. As he set down his glass, he asked, while looking at Natsuru's right wrist. “So, what is with that blue bracelet?”

Natsuru coyly stated. “It is a long story.”

Akira decide, in thought, 'I think it is best not to continue that line of inquiry. Still, before we continue this conversation. There is one things I need to do first.' He responded. “Okay. Anyway, I got to go take a leak. I will be right back.”

Akira then got up from the table, and he went into the restaurant’s men's restroom.

A minute later, he came out, and saw that there was no one left in the restaurant.

When he looked out the windows into the hotel lobby, he could see why.

Chaos surrounded him as he saw a helpful of people fighting what looked at like some people dressed in killer robot costumes, with large knives attached to their wrists.

Akira saw Ranma near the restaurant fighting off two of these crazed people, with ease.

There was also a sexy blue haired in a woman in a short seifuku, with long hair going down to her shoulder blades, that was his age, whom was throwing fireballs at the attackers, while wearing a similar bracelet as Natsuru's on her right wrist. There was a wrist band on the left wrist.

The seifuku itself was white and black, with short sleeved white blouse, with black trimming. A black short shirt, thigh high dark blue stockings, and black flat soled slippers.

Akira quietly wondered, 'That must be some type of illusionary trick with the fire.'

The woman was standing back to back with a much younger, black haired girl in a red dress and heals, firing a ray gun at the attacks.

Akira looked further into the lobby and saw the green haired girl he noticed earlier was literally wrestling the cosplayers.

And near the doors, to the outside, there was a girl with white hair with orange highlights, whom was also dealing with the attackers, while she was barehanded. The women was wearing what looking like a blue one piece swimsuit. With white dress gloves, that when up to her upper arms. And she also had on a pair of over-knee boots, that went nearly up to her crouch, and where white below the knee, and blue above the knee.

And a few feet away from the orange and white haired woman, was the women in the bluesteel combat armor costume. She was using a pair of strange ray guns on the attackers.

A few seconds later, Akira thought, 'It was bound to happen eventually, that someone would take this cosplaying too far.'

Akira then noticed he didn't see any blood or gore anywhere in the hotel. He mentally added, 'I guys almost everyone had sense enough to run when these crazies showed up. That is except for the few idiots fighting them. I am glad that Natsuru ran, as well. We certainly hit it off well. Nice guy. Now, what should I do? I doubt hiding is the best idea. So, I have to figure a way out of this mess for myself.'

Unfortunately, Akira soon found that the restaurant did not have a backdoor exit to the outside.

And the closest doors to the outside were a hundred feet away across the battlefield, that was once the hotel lobby.

As Akira made his way to the restaurant exit, which lead to the hotel lobby, he thought, 'If I do this slowly, and crawl part of the way, I should make it through the confusion, and to the outside of the hotel.'

Akira then slowly walked out of the restaurant.

It was then that Ranma noticed him, just as Akira passed by less than ten feet from the martial artist.

As Ranma knocked the two attacked down, he turned to Akira, while saying, in japanese, “Don't worry. I will get you out of here.”

Suddenly, one of the others fighters had thrown a bladed attacker over Ranma, and into the large aquarium right behind him.

The water then hit Ranma, changing him into a woman that Akira immediately recognized, 'She looks exactly like Ranko from the band Koco. How did Ranma change into Ranko?!'

He took a quick second to take a closer look at the floor around him, as he saw limbs of armor and circuitry. No blood, nor muscle tissue.

Other realizations began to hit him.

Akira thought, with worry, 'This is real. THIS IS ALL REAL! Those are not cosplayers. They are real killer robots! The woman in blue armor is actually wearing sci-fi combat armor. That blue haired girl. She is actually throwing real fireballs. And she had a bracelet like Natsuru. She probably is Natsuru!... There are others... Oh lord, I am stuck in a superpower battle, as a bystander. Which is cannon fodder in this situation. I have got to get out of here!'

Just as Ranma was about to speak, some more robots attacked her. Akira quickly took the opportunity to get to outside, through the lobby doors, as quickly as possible.

As the robots started being pitched over his head, he quickly moved to just crawling on the floor.

Less than a minute later, Akira was almost to the hotel double-doors, to the outside. Though, as he passed between the woman with white and orange hair, and the woman in steel-blue combat armor.

A woman in heavy armor shot and destroyed a pair of robots coming at her.

She then turned to the other woman, as she said, in japanese, “Officer.”

The orange and white haired woman crushed the robot in her hands. She then turned to faced the blue armored woman.

The armored woman then pointed at Akira, as she said, “Officer Birdy Cephon. You better watch that boy. He might know something we don't.”

Suddenly, Akira watched as the blue armored woman disappear in a simmering light. Like a transporter beam up from Star Trek.

Before Akira could react, Birdy hauled him up by his shoulders, as she demanded, in japanese, “What did she mean by you knowing something?”

As Akira looked Birdy in the face as he through, 'I don't have any answer for her. But, I doubt she is going to settle for a, I don't know. Now, that I looked more closely at her face, the girl looks a lot like Shion Arita, only with different color hair. Hell! She probably is her. I have got to figure a way out of here... That is so cliché it might work.'

Akira quickly pointed with his finger behind Birdy, as he yelled, “Oh my god! What is that?!”

Birdy instantly let go of Akira and looked behind her.

When she turned back, Akira was gone, as the doors to the lobby were still swinging closed.

Birdy said, in an annoyed tone of voice, “I know. I know. I cannot believe I fell for it, either.”

(_)

Outside, Akira was running away from the hotel, as fast as his legs could take him.

About half a block from the hotel, Akira heard gunfire in the distance.

When he looked down the street, he saw some of the locals, with their guns, destroying the robots, whom were only armed with large knifes.

Akira thought, 'I guess whomever sent these things should have known better than to bring a knife to a gunfight.'

When he turn around, and Birdy was literally right behind him.

There was less than three feet between them.

Birdy cracked her knuckles, as she asked, “Going somewhere?”

Akira quickly answered, “Just away from the insanity.”

Akira saw a dangerous look in Birdy's eyes, as she ordered, “You are going to come back with me. And if you do so, willingly, I likely won't hurt you.”

Akira simply replied, “Works for me.”

(_)

Five minutes later, Birdy walked Akira back into the hotel.

Akira saw that the robots had been completely defeated and the group that did were all looking at him.

Before anyone could say anything, they all started to hear sirens in the distance that were getting louder.

Ranma, while still a girl, suggested, “I think it is best we leave before the police show up.”

The blue haired girl pointed at Akira, while she asked, “What about him?

Birdy suggested, “Let's leave him for the police. Let's see if they can sort out this mess, first.”

The rest of the group nodded, and they then left though the back of the hotel.

After they left, and the danger had passed, the extreme stress of what happened caused Akira's knees to collapse from under him, sending him to the floor.

As the cops busted in front lobby doors, they found Akira sitting on the floor, silently rocking back and forth from his ordeal.

(_)

At the police station, after the police were able to get Akira talking again, the began questioning him for a few hours. Akira was told he not under arrest, just yet.

While sitting in front of the table, in the interrogation room, Akira looked at the police officer whom was standing in front of him.

Akira said, in english, “As I said before. Everything was fine. I went to take a leak, and when I got out, it was chaos. This cosplayers just took it way too far. And I was caught in the middle of it. Most of them were dressed as robots, while others were dressed like sci-fi superheroes. And they fought each other in a knock down, drag out fight.”

Akira thought, “I have to stick to the cosplayers storyline. It is the only chance I have of getting out of here, and not be sent to prison, or an insane asylum.'

The officer responded, in english, “I'll be right back.”

The officer left the room and met with another officer.

The first officer stated, “That boy has not changed his story, even once in the last hour and half. Did you get any information on him?”

The second officer said, in english, “I ran a background check on this Hatsushiba Akira. No criminal priors. Neither here, nor in Japan. Everything seems to appear legit. He is just a college student from Japan, studying abroad. And his grades seem to be average.”

The first officer asked, “So, what bring a person from Japan all the way over here?”

The second officer said, “Well, my sources in Tokyo did say that his name did ring a few bells. He vaguely remembered hearing a rumor of a guy, with the same name having a horrible break up with his supposed girlfriend, and he left town afterward.”

The first officer quipped, “Yep. That would send a person halfway around the world. What else you did you get?”

The second officer answered, “Not much. The recordings from the hotel cameras are missing. And all we can find are lots of robotic parts, littering the hotel and the street outside.”

The first officer replied, “That is likely animatronics. You know how crazy those sci-fi fans can get. Anyone harmed?”

The second officer stated, “Nope. Not a single person. No blood. Nothing. Just a lot of damage.”

The first officer surmised, “With no one hurt, we will likely treat it as horse play that got out of hand. Insurance will take care of the hotel, and the incident will like be swept under the rug. And with no real evidence, there is nothing concrete we can tie him too.”

Just then, a third officer walked by, and looked through the door window at Akira. He said, in english, “Hey, I know that guy.”

The second officer asked, “You do?”

The third officer answered, “Yea. My daughter goes to the same college as him. He works part-time at a coffee shop. She says he is a quiet, shy type of man. But, he is very nice and polite to her, when she orders coffee from him.”

Second officer stated, “I honestly believe that he is just a witness that was at the wrong place, at the wrong time.”

The first officer grumbled, as he ordered, “Cut him loose.”

(_)

Half an hour later, Akira finally made it back to his dorm room. He had to take a taxi from the police station, but he made it to his bedroom.

As Akira entered to his dorm room, from the hallway.

Akira was both physically, and emotionally, exhausted.

Akira shut, and locked, the door behind him.

While he slipped off his shoes, he thought. 'Well the convention was a bust. I don't even care about the clothes I left there. I just want to go to bed, and get some sleep, for the rest of the weekend.'

Akira was even too tired to even take off his clothes, as he just walked through his dark bedroom, and he crashed on his bed, falling fast asleep.

Hours later, someone quietly unlocked, and opened his bedroom door, from the hallway.

To Be Continued.

(_)

Author's Notes:

I sincerely hoped you enjoyed reading this chapter of this story.

For those I am sure that with all, while I consider the word, 'badass', 'badasses' plural, to be one word, instead of two words.

My justification is that the word, 'badass', is just too badass to be two words.

This story has seven distinct characters.

Seven different walks of life.

Seven varied roles.

For years, I have been trying to figure out how to do a crossover like this.

But, every way before this quickly became disjointed, unbalanced, and unfocused.

A six way crossover is very hard to do, and keep balanced, if you want to do character development on all the main characters.

Such as why is character A and B here, while character C is doing this. Those are the problems I had.

Then, I realized that for the story to work, it has to be told from the point of view of Hatsushiba Akira.

That is the only way this story works.

When I did that, the who, how, and why of the story all fell into place like clockwork.

This plotline worked so well that that within just the first nine days of writing this story, I had typed 102 pages. That is not counting the rest I wrote on this story. And it all flowed beautifully. I mean all of it. I have been typing around four times the amount of work in a day than I used to do on a good day.

I am not doing any drugs, but I am in some sort of manic state while typing this story. I am starting to worry that creating this story is chipping away at my sanity. Still, I am having too much fun to stop.

Now, please keep in mind, this is a more mature Hatsushiba Akira.

Quite honesty, I feel that Hatsushiba Akira as a teenager was a really good person at heart. This included that he was willing to defend the honor of his friends. More than once, he was willing to go through hell for his friends. It is just that he was extremely immature as a teenager.

I have hinted in this chapter that he has had some hard life lessons between the last you saw him, and the beginning of this story.

That is one of the reasons he is on the other side of the planet, than last time you read about him.

And there are things that I can put Hatsushiba Akira through that you would not object too, that you would complain about if I did it to one of the other characters through.

Think of it as karma. And why I am finished with him, he is going to be paying for his previous actions as a teenage, at a vastly accelerated rate.

The reason I did not post this story on fanfiction net is that some of the dialog is borderline for their rating system. And the later scenes in my story are questionable.

Though, please do not misunderstand. I find Big Closet to be a very classy website. Sure, there is some porn, but is it mostly clean stories, with good plots. You all try very hard to keep your website and stories both constructive and tasteful.

And the dialogue I am talking about is bodily functions, in a non-humorous way.

I won't spoiler it, but there is one such dialogue piece in chapter four that will make the reader rethink how to use multiple genderbending characters at once in a story.

Also, I strive to make sure this story will not contain any sexually material that is too explicit.

I am a fan of the classic style a couple goes into the bed, the door closes, and the scene cuts to the next morning.

Unfortunately, given the nature of gender bending, and characters whose minds share the same body, the story does require some minor details be given, during those scenes.

These details being that in any love scene will only contain which characters, which genders, and what points of view.

This chapter is just the setup. I do not really hit the gas peddle on this story until chapter two.

Now, I know some of you have seen these series. I kindly ask you not to post spoilers about those series in your reviews.

There are some people who read this story, whom are new to these series, and they probably do not want to be spoiled, unless they spoil themselves by learning more about the series. For these reading, there be nice little surprises throughout this story.

This story has already been plotted out to the end. I don't post the first chapter of a story, unless I know how is begins, where it is going, and how it ends.

There is a reason for every detail in this series. A number of details will come out later as important plot points to the story. A detail that you might think is minor now, may become a major detail, later.

That is what I mean by the mystery is to figure out the mysteries.

And most of your major character questions will be answered by the end of chapter two, and the very beginning of chapter three.

Besides which, over a decade and a half ago, fanfiction was my “gateway drug” to legitimate collection of anime and manga material. Over the years, I have sunk quite a bit of money into my collection.

Now, if you really want to be spoiled about the storyline of this series, than just private message me, and I will answer your questions to the best of my ability. Within reason. I am not going to spoil everything. Nor, am I going to give away to much of the plot.

There is no fun in that.

Though, in such cases, all I ask is you don't share these spoilers until after I post the chapters the spoilers are about.

Finally, I am trying a different writing style from anything I have done before. I am attempting a form of storytelling known as 'recursive storytelling'. When I use earlier plot spoiler, flashbacks, cameos, and plot twists to tempted to the readers to go back and re-read the story over and over again to earlier parts. Starting over from those points, when the reader reaches the other plot points mentioned in the story, as they continue reading the story as a whole.

Don't worry, what I am doing will eventually make sense.

Until next time. Have fun.

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Interesting so far

Sadarsa's picture

Not a bad start... A whole ton of misused punctuation though. Grammar aside it was pretty neat, and i recognize all the characters except the girl in the armored power suit. I'm sure if i catch her name though I'll probably remember.

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

Hmm

Tas's picture

Other than a lot of odd comma placements and some sentences starting with 'and', pretty good. To be honest, I don't recognize most of the characters, and having fan fiction mentioned makes me think I'd probably need to to enjoy the story to it's fullest.

Anyway, I enjoyed it enough to look forward to the next part, good job :)

-Tas

Exposition.

There is a lot of incredibly unneeded exposition.