Bimbo Kisses, Lollipop Dreams: A Platinum Chef/ Delacroix side story Part IV

Printer-friendly version

Chapter 81

Ever since Bobbie’s revelation about Faye, Nick had felt bad, he even didn’t think about their coupling on that crazy night.

We couldn’t just dump her on you.

Nick felt his eyes moisten. She’s my friend… he’s my…..

“Goddammit.” Nick whispered.

Nick just wanted his friend back. His original friend. Yeah, Faye made him say goodbye. But there was still so much Kane in there.

And now?

Faye was completely different to how she was before. Giggling, dressing hypergirly. This new Faye was just another fact of life.

But he didn’t have to remain silent about it. Didn’t have to let it stand.

Bobbie roused when she heard the coffee dripping into the pot.

“Hey.” Nick whispered.

“’Morning.” Bobbie said.

“Been thinking. You and Tim head to the bakery today. I’ve got Faye.”

“Nick, you don’t have to…”

“Yes, I do.” Nick said with finality. “She’s my best friend, anything I can do to help.”

“Anything.” Nick repeated, enunciating the word carefully.

Bobbie smiled. “Well, I was going to take her to Bella’s today. We’re having a sort of pool party. The band picked up a gig at the grad party, so they need to make up a setlist and stuff.”

“Okay. But, I’ll keep an eye on her until then.” Nick smiled.

“Looks like it’s my turn again.” Nick poured some coffee, offered it to Bobbie, grabbed another mug that displayed some futuristic text. Overcharge Delirium XT around the rim that was quickly shortened to Overc…..XT.

“It’s casual.” Nick sipped. “Did this long before you showed up.”

“You guys have the bakery. I’ll make sure she’s ready when you get here. Just one thing.”

Bobbie smiled, “Sure.”

“Could you bring home some of that triple berry coffee cake?”

 ***

Kim was getting ready to head out for the day. Packing her backpack with the extra items she suddenly decided that she needed.

Swimsuit, purse, change of clothes, pad, pen... When did I start carrying so much stuff? Kim hadn’t noticed, but the number of items she had started carrying had been growing.

There had been a moment when she was smoking in the bathroom, waiting for Timmi. God, that was still kind of funny, although frightening.

She couldn’t imagine suddenly having a hard time thinking about anything but…

No, not that swimsuit.. the yellow one piece…

And that top? No… I…

Oh, my God.

Kim woke from her induced coma different, there was no question about that. Giving up to Lust was something she wouldn’t have done again. But she had had a hard time thinking, her constant activities being the only thing that kept those crazy urges at bay. The lockpick set she had recently acquired sat next to the three padlocks that were locked together. I’m going to have a very specific set of skills when I’m done, aren’t I?

But thinking about her appearance had become a little more involved. Like when she saw that blood spattered meat cleaver clutch. She knew she had to have it.  Now that her tops were tighter and her jeans fit differently, it emphasized the new figure more than she had ever intended to.

Gotta say though, Lust. I like the new lip ring. It was true, it fit the slightly shifted features better than the labret. Kim looked into the mirror; she turned her head one way, then the other. The chestnut hair brushed over her slender shoulders.

And we all seem to do this? Kim was wondering about Thralls.

God, I need to talk to Faye about this.

What kind of girl do you wanna be?

She figured that she’d see Bobbie at Bella’s. Maybe I should tell her to bring him.

Kim had the phone in her hand before the thought completed.

 ***

Heather was refreshing the dye in the scarlet streak that morning. She was still dismayed by Faye. What happened, why would she just flip like that?

Heather remembered the whole Playboy thing. She smiled knowing she made it with a Playboy Bunny, but that was a different Faye. This one was somehow totally different. It sort of upended everything she thought about her. Heather hoped that it was all a put on, because there was no way that she would do something like this without a reason.

Bzzt Bzzt!

The text came in and Heather thumbed it up to the screen.

Hey, babe, coming by. Wanna talk about something.

Heather checked the timer and shut it off when she realized that it was about to ding.

She grabbed the old towel that was full of the crimson stains and headed for the shower.

“Heather?”

“Yeah mom?”

“I’m going out today,” Betty laughed. “I swear that Myka is one tough lady. We’re going shopping today. Just wondered if you had any plans?”

“Yeah. Once I’m done here. I’m heading over to Bella’s today. Kind of a pool party thing, we have another gig for the grad party.” Heather shrugged. “New setlist.”

“That’s jake.” Betty said. “Haven’t told you this. But, I love the hair color. Cut, too. Cute, modern.”

Heather smiled. “Thanks, Mom.”

“I know I haven’t said this much. But, I’m really proud of you. The band, making really good clothes, and finishing school this year.”

“Watch out, world.” Betty proudly proclaimed.

“Heather Sweet is coming.”

Heather hugged her mom before saying goodbye. Jeez, Tim’s mom is so in for it…

 ***

Roxx was smiling. The first shipment had come in, and sold out almost immediately. The money came to her, went to Nikki.

Straight into the cistern.

The actual earnings outstripped what she was expected to pay. Leaving her with five hundred dollars in her purse, and another shipment of coke just in from Prague.

And that was just last night, tonight would be even better. Sure, her runners were unhappy about having their supply already broken up into single sale pouches. But when they saw how fast it went? Those baseless worries disappeared.

Now, what should I do about my presence?

Roxx knew that she had to take her place in the booth with Nikki, she wanted to send a message.

Beautiful, cold… not someone to mess with.

But not so distant that no one would talk to her.

She looked into the mirror and saw the promiscuous girl she had been. That girl had to go.

Mistress Krasny. The new name left little doubt as to who she was.

Roxx felt the beginnings of a plan, she smiled as she began compiling the list of items she would need. It was good to feel vital again, She remembered seeing Kim that first day at school

Looks like some shopping is in order. Okay, Delacroix.

Prepare for Mistress Krasny.

They will fear you, almost as much as they want you.

 ***

Kim was at Heather’s soon, with some extras in her backpack. There was some excitement in her. Heather’s reaction was the only sticking point. The look on her face is gonna be fucking priceless.

Fucking.

Priceless.

Heather opened the door with a red splotched towel in her hand, her hair still wet from the final wash.

“Hey, c’mon in. I’ll be done in a minute or two.”

“No need we have….” Kim stopped and looked closer.

“You dyed your hair black?” The color around the scarlet peek a boo appeared darker.

Looking at Kim strangely. “Yeah. My hair’s just a really dark brown, doesn’t set the red off right. I swear I’m just gonna go to Frankie next time.”

“Speaking of Frankie….”

Heather smiled. “Couldn’t take the tickle on the shoulders, huh?”

Kim shook her head. “No.”

“I kind of wanted to redo my…um…”

“Ensem….”

“Yeah.”

“Well,” Heather began, eyeing Kim. “Puberty tree wacked you a good one, didn’t it?” Since her coma, Heather noticed that Kim was…

Way cuter.

“We could go for a…”

“I kind of know what I wanna do.”

“You?” Heather looked surprised, the wet hair clung to  ne side of her face.

Kim rolled her eyes, giggling. “I’m gonna regret this, I know it.”

Now Heather was intrigued.

Kim pulled out a rolled up picture from her backpack. “I know you can help me with this, hell you have almost everything here already.” She sighed.

            “And you have to show me how to use it. Think I can pick it up pretty fast, but I’m gonna need your help.”

            Heather quirked an eyebrow. She started to unroll the picture.

“I… are you sure about this?”

Kim smiled. “What kind of girl do you wanna be, right?”

“Now, think Frankie can pencil me in?”

 ***

The bakery was awash with an awkward quiet. Faye and Bobbie stood there, there was little product left, the 9am rush over and the noon rush yet to come. She expected to sell out by then.

“So, we’re headed to Bella’s today..”

“That’s fuckin’ awesome.” Faye said, working on his second piece of cake. Once the chocolate cake piece was gone, he was working on one of the Slacker’s Cove pieces. “Man, that lime just…”

Bobbie smiled warmly. “It does, don’t think I would have thought of that. That’s you.” Faye smiled back.

Faye inflated his chest for a second.

“Male.” Bobbie accused.

“You should talk.” Faye snickered. “Now, what about Bella’s?”

Bobbie continued. “Kim wants to talk to you, figured that’s as good a place as any. We can cart Timmi along. Can’t leave him there with Nick for too long.” Bobbie remembered how much that had devastated him when she did it. Damn, understanding really is a three edged sword.

“There’s this dog, this goat, and this bag of oats.” Bobbie said quietly. Faye burst into deep laughter.

“What?” Bobbie asked, exasperated.

“Nothing.”

Faye looked at his watch. “What do you guys do when it’s dead like this?”

Bobbie shrugged. “Wait, read… whatever. It’s usually just Tim and I. Go ahead and take off.  Someone needs to save Nick.”

Faye looked serious. “Nah, he’ll be fine.”

 ***

Timmi was doing something Nick called ‘button mashing’.  She couldn’t understand why her character was on the ground so much. Why would someone beat up someone so pretty?

“Damn, Faye. Just gonna do the dishes for a month?”

Timmi giggled. It was hard sometimes, remembering to answer when someone called Faye’s name. But it was easy with Nick. He wasn’t as cute as Faye, but it was okay.

He was still cute, in an awkward kind of way.

“I can’t do it anymore, Faye.” Nick dropped the control stick and turned to face his friend. “You have gotten your ass kicked enough for one day.”

“Awww. You could do other things…..”

Nick ran her words over, not wanting a repeat of last time. “Just don’t want you stuck with dishes all the time. I eat that stuff, too.” Even though Nick wasn’t going to have to do the dishes for a while, it disturbed him how easy she was to beat, it was almost like she had taken a dive.

Or forgotten how to play.

Christ, Faye. Snap out of it.

 ***

Bobbie and Faye left the bakery just after the noon crowd came in. The inventory ran out quickly, leaving them to just do the cleanup.

“We need to head home first. I’m just gonna run upstairs, get my swim trunks.”

Faye was back down almost as quickly as she went up. “Alright, ready.” Faye put on the cheap plastic sunglasses she found in Tim’s room.

“Really?” Bobbie asked.

“Hey, the future’s so bright…”

“C’mon, let’s go.”

The EVO got back to the house to find Nick doing dishes.

Faye couldn’t believe it. “She beat you?”

“No.” Nick said, face invaded by seriousness. “I’ve gotta do something. I can’t stand to see her like this.”

Faye wanted to hug Nick, but decided against it. Clapping a hand on his shoulder instead, Faye looked solemnly at his friend.

“She’s gonna be okay, Nick.” Faye smiled weakly.

“Bobbie’s on the case.”

Nick returned his own weak smile.

“I hope your right.”

 ***

When Bobbie came home, Timmi was excited to see her. Even more excited that she was going to a pool party. Rational thought flew out the window as she started thinking about what she would wear. Ooh, I can work on my tan.

“Timmi, when you were here with Nick today, you didn’t…” Bobbie was getting some of the leftover cake out to leave for Nick, next to his requested coffee cake.

Timmi looked blankly at Bobbie. “Didn’t…?”

“You know.” Blue met blue for a moment. Bobbie swore for a moment that she saw more than Timmi’s face… But, damned if I know what.

Timmi giggled. “No, we just played some of those boring games. They’re fun and all, but I lose all the time. Even when my guy is prettier.” She pouted.

Bobbie had her swimsuit packed and looked around for anything that could fit Timmi.

“Oh.” Timmi said. “I know where there’s one of those.” She disappeared into Faye’s closet and returned with what looked like a ball of purple dental floss.

Bobbie recognized it as a bikini, a very skimpy one. She remained quiet as she put the garment into her bag.

“This is gonna be fun.”

The two girls came back out into the living room to see Faye knocking Nick around on the screen.

“God, it feels good to lose again.” Nick said.

“You can do all the dishes you want, Nick.” Faye said. Nick looked at him oddly.

“You guys have fun today. I have homework.” Nick picked up the Anthropology text again. “Thanks for the coffee cake, Bobbie.”

Faye looked strangely at Nick before saying his goodbye and leaving with the two blondes in tow.

 ***

Kim could still smell the dye and herbal conditioner in her hair. It had dried, and Heather seemed happy with the coverage. Kim looked in the mirror at her new raven black hair, she liked how it contrasted so well with her skin.

“Okay, sit.” Heather commanded. Kim followed the order and watched Heather pull out some tools.

“First, eyebrows. This is gonna hurt a little, sorry.”

Kim didn’t notice any pain, she was lost in thought. We all make ourselves over, but Timmi just took the cake, hell the whole bakery. The big, blonde hair, the makeup. I bet she has some makeup tricks that would leave Heather speechless.

“Done.” Heather said. Kim was stunned. How long was she doing that?

Heather launched into a speech about how to use each of the makeup items. Foundation, eyeliner, mascara, on and on she spoke. Kim absorbing some, mostly glossing over the general. I’ll pick it up as I go.

“So,” Heather asked while studying Kim’s face, she brandished her eyebrow pencil. “What brought this on? I mean, you always seemed…”

“A little butch? You should talk.” Kim grinned.

Heather ran a hand through the short fuzz on the side of her head. “I guess we all need a change sometimes.”

Kim left the heavy pause hang in the room. “And since Delacroix High’s reigning pinup queen has abdicated her throne… All hail Queen Kim The Terrible.”

“The queen is dead. Long live the queen.” Heather curtsied. She then started in with the pencil and filled in the thin, elegantly arched brows. It didn’t take her long at all.

She did do this every day for years.

“Alright. Let me grab your skirt and…”

“Huh?”

“I have the perfect skirt for this.”

“You always say that.”

“And don’t I?” Heather asked, looking over imaginary sunglasses.

Kim inhaled and raised a finger.

“You have a point there.”

 ***

There were some chips out on the table, Bobbie was crunching away, Faye had his shirt off and was lounging on one of the pool chairs  next to Timmi with those stupid sunglasses on. Amber was talking about Kurt, Bobbie had to admit that she didn’t see that coming. Ripples, Bobbie, ripples.

She had to wonder how much good she had done. Looking back at what she thought were failures, in the end they would be okay. Kim’s still alive, and she seems to be keeping herself out of trouble.

Kurt was still Kurt, but he mostly just made calls for people now. Amber had done something, They had a date for Prom night, and she had been chatting about it.

“… thinking that we might just build a fire and look at the city.” Amber finished, pushing up her glasses.

“That sounds fuckin’ cool.” Bella said, carefully selecting a chip.

“It is really nice up there, you can see everything.” Bobbie said. The amazing view of Delacroix from far away…

“I wanna fuckin’ get in on that fuckin’ cake.” Bella said, grabbing for one of the boxes that came from Cheepskates

“Hey, guys. Sorry we’re late, but…” Kim said coming around the gate.

“Holy fucking shit.”

Bella turned her head slowly towards Bobbie, who was pointing.

“Well, that’s rude. I know Mom taught you not to point.” Kim was so nonchalant about it, that Bobbie continued to stammer.

“I…I…”

The other girls turned to look at Kim, then they looked at Heather.

“Sonofabitch.” Bella said. “They fuckin’ switched places.”

Kim stood in a yellow dress that hugged her hips and narrowed slightly just above her knees. The top pushed her chest out, with the scoop neck showing the straight line of her cleavage. Her face was perfectly painted, a porcelain doll with ebony black hair that ended it short bangs that stopped just above her eyebrows.

Beth, too was surprised. “Kim?” She remembered that picture that Bobbie had shown her last Thanksgiving.

“Guys. Just a different look. Let’s not get all… Oh, Bobbie.”

“Hmmm?”

“Frankie says you’re overdue, with prom coming up.”

Bobbie felt at her bangs, they had grown a little long lately, come to think of it, the blue streak needs to be redone…

“Kim…” Bobbie started.  Kim raised the hand carrying her purse, Bobbie had a chuckle at its blood splattered cleaver appearance.

“Save it. Delacroix High has a new pinup queen now.” Kim held the cleaver aloft. “Queen Kim the Terrible has spoken.”

Heather laughed. “Just don’t keep referring to yourself in the third person.”

“Your majesty.” She snickered.

Kim wiggled her way to a chair and selected a small handful of chips. “So. We gonna knock out this setlist or we gonna talk about what I’m wearing.”

Bella laughed loudly, rousing Scooby. The brown Great Dane padded over to Bella and laid back down after circling  a few times.

Bobbie had to smile. Kim’s gonna be just fine, she’s handling this better than any of us did. She looked over at Timmi and for the first time felt confident that this problem was anything but.

 ***

“Faye.” Timmi whispered.

Faye lazily turned his head.

“Can you rub this lotion on my back. I can’t reach.” Timmi’s cute pout made Faye decide to do as she asked.

“I need to untie…”

“Go ahead, silly boy.” Timmi said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

Faye tugged at the string. Careful, this is how all this crap started.

The knot came loose and spilled its ends to the ground. Faye had the thick lotion between his hands for a second before bringing down his hands on Timmi’s smooth, unblemished back.

“Mmmm.” Timmi said dreamily. “That feels so good.”

Faye passed a hand over the Mark. Timmi giggled in response. “Timmi. Does that hurt… or anything?”

“No, silly.” Timmi giggled. “Why would it hurt? Feels good, though. Keep going.”

“Don’t forget the shoulders.” She teased, looking over the cheap pink plastic sunglasses.

 ***

Kim liked that everyone was staring. She remembered staring after she let Roxx do her thing. It was a different staring, one that said WOW! Unlike the ones she used to get that said UGH!

Those days of being fucked up all the time make time… just slip away. Bobbie’s words about the last days of Robb’s life reverberated in her skull.

Amber touched at her hair. “The black really stands out against your skin. The new lip piercing is cute. Think I should get one?” She touched at the spot where it would go.

“I bet Kurt would like it.”

“Get it for you.” Kim said sagely. “Not him… or anyone.”

Amber smiled. “Y’know what? I’m gonna do it.”

Bella was next to speak. “What a fuckin change. I swear, I fuckin never would have thought…”

“I’m a teenager. Isn’t this what we’re supposed to do? I mean, how can you find out who you are if you don’t look?” Kim slowly sipped at her can of Coke. The need for nicotine was getting to her. If I need to talk to Faye, now’s the time.

Kim turned to the pool. “F…Tim.”

Both Faye and Timmi looked up. Timmi’s breasts came into full view as the tiny bikini top left its thin straps and tiny micro triangles of purple Dacron and Neoprene remained on the seat. Timmi’s blonde hair flying in a whipping motion.

“WOAH!” Bella, Amber, and Beth all exclaimed, shielding her eyes. Kim, Bobbie and Heather seemed nonplussed, while Faye seemed bummed that he missed something. Timmi looked down and covered herself with her hands.

“Sorry.” Timmi smiled, moving back down towards the bikini top.

Faye started rubbing his hands together as he made his way towards the table.

“What’s up… dollface?” Faye snickered.

“Vitamin N. Wanna take a walk?” Kim grabbed the handle of her purse and stood, smoothing her skirt as she did so.

“Sure.” Faye reached for his shirt. Kim laughed when she saw the Pink Floyd logo on the front.

“We’ll be back.” Kim said. “Then we can start on the setlist.”

 ***

Kim pulled out a long slender black tube from her purse and pushed her cigarette into one end. She lit the one end and placed the other end into her mouth.

“Taking this a little far aren’t you?”

Kim shrugged, drawing on the cigarette holder. “This way I won’t smell like an ashtray.”

“Anyway. I..” Kim narrowed her eyes. “You fucked him?”

Faye deflated. “God, never gonna get used to that.”

“Well, you better. For now at least. I think I figured something out, but I need to ask you….”

Kim dragged on the cigarette again, trying to phrase this correctly.

“When you…first met Lust. What were you like?”

Faye blanched, Kim saw yellows fly around for a second like angered lightning bugs.

“You saw me before. I was the cover girl for babydyke monthly. Then?” She waved a hand over herself.

“What did you do? I mean, did your tits get bigger?”

Faye laughed. “You have no idea.”

“That’s not an answer. Bobbie told me that you don’t talk about that much. Why don’t…” Kim put a hand to her mouth.“God, I’m fucking stupid. How could I not….”

Faye’s yellow became almost palpable, Kim resisted an urge to touch it.

“You were a guy.” Kim said, surprised. “Makes kind of sense, I guess. I mean it happened to Bobbie. How did you deal with that?”

“Badly.”

“Rad,” Kim rested the cigarette holder in her mouth. “We all got prettier, right? There’s got to be some kind of limit on that, doesn’t there?”

Faye looked confused. Ah, now I get silly boy.

Kim gestured towards her breasts. “How big can they get? How small can your waist get before you start looking like some cartoon?”

“Still not sure what you’re getting at.”

“When you did… whatever it was you did. It swapped you two. Then, when you came to me… Bobbie stopped me, she saw something. I must have messed with the limit. I bet that’s what she saw.”

“Yeah.” Faye said. His eyes became distant, seeing it finally. “Absorbed the hair extensions, got blonder…. Okay. So now we have something to go on. What do we do about it?”

“You’re gonna fuckin’ hate this.” Kim said, followed by a long drag.

“I think we need Roxx.”

“Roxx? Why?”

“This reaction is why I haven’t told Bobbie yet. You can’t see the ribbons. I can, but I’m not too good at it, obviously.” Kim opened her hand towards Faye.

“She’s been seeing this longer than we have. Now if we can find her, and convince her to help. I’m pretty sure we can fix.” She waved her arm around.

“…this.”

“Now, I need to tell Bobbie this. Not totally looking forward to it, but it can wait a couple of hours.” She stared at Faye. “And it looks like we need to find her quickly.”

The thread was shorter still.

“Not too sure how much time you have left.”

 ***

Bobbie noticed Faye and Kim return as she was coming out in her swimsuit. It was a tight blue one piece that hugged appealingly in all the right places. Her hair shimmered like silver in the light of the afternoon. She looked at Timmi. Bobbie remembered seeing that bikini and thinking that she couldn’t ever wear something like that.

But you did.

And it wasn’t bad. A little small perhaps.

“Timmi.” Bobbie whispered, her hair slid accordingly.

“Hi. This is cool. I didn’t even know Bella had a pool.”

She giggled. “That rhymes.”

Bobbie chuckled. “How are you doing? I mean really?”

Timmi shrugged. “Okay. I mean, being a girl is kind of fun. I mean I can’t always say what I want, the way I tingle all the time.”

“Makes it hard to think.”

Bobbie’s eyes narrowed.

“You look high.”

The weird burst of lucidity made Bobbie realize that Tim wasn’t gone, just different.

“I know Kim can figure it out, It was an accident. I’m not mad.”

“I’m just having some fun, you got to do fun things.” The pout came out. “I don’t see what the big deal is. I’m not doing anything you didn’t do… with me.”

Bobbie’s face crumpled slightly. “I love you, Tim.”

Timmi smiled. “I love you too, Bobbie. Everything’s gonna be okay.” She gave a thumbs up.

Bobbie jumped into the water, figuring that the chlorine in the water would explain her red eyes sufficiently.

 ***

Bobbie was swimming back and forth. She had never liked the water before, but found it freeing now. The fact that it’s a pool and it’s sunny are huge plusses. How many things are different now? Timmi, Faye…

Me…

She remembered the dream when she buried Robb. So long ago that his words about moving on and just letting life happen not only had sunk in, but became part of the new normal. Breaking the surface, there was a calm spreading through her.

Timmi was lounging on the chair, straps still untied. He’s right, Kim’ll figure it out. Now that she’s gotten her head back…

God, I wish I could read her.

A splash sent a wave towards her as Scooby jumped into the water. Timmi laughed as the dog paddled his way out of the pool, only to shake himself off while standing close to Timmi, who squealed when the spray of cold water touched her back. The sound was more of surprise, but enough to make her get up quickly. Scooby saw something that he liked apparently as he grabbed one of the purple straps and ran off across the yard.

“FUCKIN’ SCOOBY!!” Bella yelled.

 ***

Timmi saw the dog running away with her top. When she stood and Bella yelled, everyone laughed a little. For a moment, she felt proud for a moment as she detected some envy from Amber. The green really goes with her hair.

Bobbie was spitting water  as she made her way up the steps. Kim strode back into the pool area gracefully.

When Faye came around the gate, it was to a scene of minor chaos. Timmi stood there, breasts bared for all to see, Scooby was running away from Bella with the tiny bikini top, and Bobbie stood by the pool, soaking wet and smiling.

The stirring in his pants was starting to become all too commonplace. It was the first time he had seen Timmi’s luscious breasts in daylight, the nipples standing out like Beefeaters. Rigid, and unable to do anything but stand at attention.

Scooby disappeared into the house and Bella laughed while Timmi slowly began the process or putting her top back on.

“I’m sorry, Faye. My fuckin’ dog. He’s usually so good.”

“Oh, no big deal.” Timmi giggled. She strode confidently to where she had placed her things. Heather kept her eyes on Timmi the whole time.

"Faye...aren't you going to put on something?" Heather asked nervously, fighting her eyes, sudden need to drag her gaze down to Timmi's breasts.

             "Why? I can work on my tan better now anyway." Timmi was looking at Heather curiously, wondering why the girl seemed so attracted to her. Wait...how did she know that? Sometimes she could see pretty colors that told her things about people. Colors are awesome.

             "Yeah, but the others might not appreciate that."

             Timmi looked at her innocently "We're all girls, right?"
 
             "What about Tim?"

             Timmi giggled. "Oh, he saw plenty of them when we had sex in his car last night."

             Heather made a note to close her mouth before she had to apply for a zoning permit.

Kim laughed. “She’s fucking with you, Heather.” A quick stare thrown at Timmi made the blonde girl shrug.

Timmi swung her vision around, searching for the bag she brought with her. Are they all just jealous or what? I would be too, I guess if my titties weren’t the best here. Timmi looked down and hoped beyond hope that she could get an even tan. Maybe if I could find a place where Faye can rub more lotion on my…

Yeah, his lotion. Timmi grinned with the dirty thoughts as she wondered how hard it would be to wrangle another date. Maybe rollerskating? Mini golf? She made a show of swivelling her waist like the turret of a tank. The Tits of Destruction scanned separately, desperately seeking a target. Dumb dog wanted to see too. Timmi wanted Faye to take her picture.

Maybe next time we go out. Timmi knew she had to get another date with Faye. The top Timmi brought  with her had been cut off, leaving ragged pink shreds that hung tantalizingly across her midsection. The deep black, fuzzy letters proudly proclaimed ‘FAKE’, the top tented so much that the letters distorted and her tiny waist only seemed more sensual.

Bella went inside to try to get Scooby to come back outside, or at least give up his new chew tow. Faye and Heather kept the stares on Timmi as she made her way to the table.

“Oh, wow.” Timmi said. “These are from the school cake?” Timmi bent over towards Faye, allowing him full view of the cleavage. Timmi selected a piece of Slacker’s Cove and sat between Faye and Heather.”

“This one is so pretty, I like the green.” Timmi said, the cake leaving white streaks near her lips.

“So, Faye? What’s up with the makeover this week?”

Timmi just waved her hand, scooping another piece of cake into her mouth. “I’m a model. I change all the time…”

“Right? …Tim?” Timmi said, snapping her head the other way.

“Yeah.” Faye said distantly. “Hey Kim?”

“What? We have a setlist to…” Kim had two of the padlocks unlocked and was working on the third. It too gave way before she set the security devices that were suddenly incapable of securing anything from Kim.

“Go stand by the pool.” Faye pulled out his phone and hit the camera.

Faye got up and away from Timmi.

“What gives?”

“I’m gonna take some pictures. Allegra dropped me over this Playboy nonsense your sister started. You, my dear might just be the next big thing.” Faye giggled. “You pull off the Bettie well.”

Kim blushed. “Thanks, I just thought. Hey, I’ve never tried this yet. Besides, Delcroix is gonna need at least one more badass chick, right? Figure I’m elected.”

Faye had the phone up in front of her face.

“Sit on the edge of the chair and look up, fingers on your neck.” Faye said. “God, I kind of wish you had a floppy hat.”

Kim laughed. Faye took the opportunity to snap six shots in rapid succession.

“That’s good. Let’s go check on the rest of the…” Faye laughed as she thought about the dog.

“Scooby gang.”

 ***

Faye’s letting all this go to her head. I swear she’s the last person I’d expect.

Although the money…

Heather watched Faye ditz her way through everything. Tim was snapping off pictures of Kim.

I guess he can’t believe it either.

The party’s only boy walked back with Kim, showing the pictures. When they sat, Heather asked to see the screen. Kim acquiesced and almost immediately Heather’s eyes widened.

“Oh my wow.” Heather exclaimed. “These pictures are amazing, you took those with that phone?”

“Look out Instagram.”  Faye said, pocketing the phone.

“Tim.”

“Yes, Heather.” Faye said.

“You’ve gotta lose that bracelet. And I thought you burned that shirt?”

“Easy Heather. It’s just laundry day. Right…”

“Tim?” Bobbie finished with special emphasis on the proper name.

Kim had locked and unlocked all three padlocks  while the other girls approved of the cake and the songs they wanted to play.

Bobbie dried in the sun and let the ultraviolet light bake the baker just a little.

Even though her boyfriend was a girl and her best friend was suddenly a guy and everything seemed odd. It seemed like Delacroix was her place, and these things were going to happen. The light and heat of the sun caressed Bobbie as she let the cares and thoughts drift away.

Even Advocates need a day off.

 Chapter 82

Kim went with Bobbie and Faye to the bakery that night, offering to help mix the batters and frostings that would be needed the next day since Faye would be running the bakery solo for the first time.

And it gave Kim a chance to tell Bobbie about the tiny part of a plan she had figured out.

The mixer was running as Kim explained the sudden shift into full Barbie mode.

“See, that’s gotta be it, I can’t think of another explanation. I mean fantasy novels are all I have to work with, but that stuff had to come from reality a little. So. I’ll be able to undo whatever it was that Faye did. I’m gonna need you to be there, like you were last time. But…”

Bobbie shut the mixers down as Faye stopped rolling the chocolate ribbons.

“Man.” Faye said, using the back of his braceleted wrist to wipe sweat away. “I wish Beth was here for this.”

“She had a date. Girl deserves it. You saw the figures, right?”

“No, she did ‘em all?” Faye looked incredulous.

“Not yet, but the ones she has look amazing.”

“Guys.” Kim called.

“I was saying that we need to go see Roxx.”

“Roxx?” Bobbie groaned. “Why her?”

Kim pointed. “Roxx can see the ribbons, she’s seen them longer than I have. I want her to watch me, you two don’t see the same thing.”

“Fuck.” Bobbie said. The uncharacteristic expletive made Kim laugh. “We don’t even know where she is. For all I know she took off.”

Faye opened his mouth. “I’ll put the feelers out. Never know. Town this small? Should be easy to find. Not too many hot redheads in Delacroix. Amber’s cute and all, but Roxx?”

“Yeah yeah.” Bobbie said, “Thrall body. I get it.” She ran a hand through her hair.

“I think I can find her.” Kim said. “It’s just gonna take me a little while. I just hope I can do it in time.”

“What do you mean?” Bobbie asked.

“You didn’t tell her about the thread?” Kim asked Faye. The light reflecting from the ebony bangs seemed harsh in the way it sat above her expression.

“What about the thread?”

  ***

Roxx sat at the booth, a lit Sobraniy in one hand and a glass of Glenlivet 25 in the other. She looked over the dark club with steely eyes. Attendance was up, everyone was making more money. And she had convinced Bogdan and Yevgeniy to change the name of the club. Not a bad first couple of days.

Within two months Vesuvius would be gone and Krakatoa would rise from the ashes of the seedy club that was. She envisioned a high end gentleman’s club that could cater to anyone’s whims and desires. Roxx had to look up other famous volcanoes to come up with a name.

Fine, Robb. Studying comes in handy sometimes.

The way the runners came back with hands full of money instead of the drugs they left with, one would think that Roxx was the second coming of Pablo Escobar. Everybody was surprised with how smooth everything seemed to go with Roxx at the helm.

Screw Bobbie, I got mine. A strip club and the local drug trade is a decent consolation prize.

 ***

Timmi was finishing up with her morning routine. She knew that Bobbie would be up soon, so she got up early, knowing that looking pretty took longer than the old getting ready used to.

Oh, so cool. Timmi thought as she got the black top over her breasts. Joe Strummer’s guitar nearly disappeared into the cleavage. The heavier eyeliner made the blue stand out like a tiny ring of cobalt. Timmi put the can down as the aroma of the hairspray filled the room.

She pulled a bandanna from the bundle of clothes she had brought in with her. The black cloth square had tiny skulls on it. Timmi giggled as she rolled it up and carefully tied it around her head just behind the ears.

Bobbie was wearing a sleepy look when Timmi came out.

“Timmi?” Bobbie said.

“Hi, Bobbie.” Timmi said with an excited wave.

“What…”

“Thought I’d wear black today. I never noticed how well it goes with my hair.”

Bobbie looked at the teased mass atop her head.

“I’ll just make…”

“I already made coffee.” Timmi hefted her mug. “You just get ready.”

Bobbie smiled.  “Alright, jumping in the shower then.”

“Okay.”

Nick came out of his room as soon as Bobbie left.

“Morning, Faye.” Nick said.

“Hi, Nick.” Timmi’s excited wave was infectious as Nick mirrored it.

“Nice skirt.”

“Thank you.” Timmi bounded into Nick’s arms. “You’re so sweet.”

Nick poured his own coffee. “So, how’s school?”

“Oh, it’s so cool.” Timmi said, sipping her coffee. “Everyone’s been super nice.” An evil giggle escaped. “Especially the boys.”

“So is that how you plan to stay at the top of the leaderboards?” Nick smiled. “Make ‘em stare at you?”

Timmi giggled loudly. “Didn’t work on you.”

“Because I’m a professional.” Nick said.

When Bobbie came back out Nick and Timmi were laughing like old times. Bobbie smiled, hoping that everyone was nearly out of the woods.

But Kim’s bombshell last night… We need Roxx

That was the one thing that she didn’t want to hear. I finally get her to back off and I need to go back to her with my tail between my legs?

Fuck.

“Oh, good.” Timmi clapped. “You didn’t do your makeup yet.”

“Huh?”

“It was so fun Saturday… Wanna do it again?”

Bobbie smiled. “Sure.”

We still hang out in the mornings. Miss the Vespa, though.

Nick rose. “Well, I’m gonna hit the shower. More research today… Can’t wait till this class is over.” He downed the rest of his coffee and was gone.

            Timmi followed Nick down the hallway and went into Faye’s room. Returning with her makeup bag, Timmi sat down next to Bobbie and started to work.

             ***

            “Son of a bitch.” Kim said. Getting the bobby pins into her victory rolls was not as easy as it looked on the tutorial video. Between the backcombing and the hairspray, Kim took about an hour and a half to get ready.

Mom is gonna trip right the hell out. She had been gone when Kim came home last night. It had bummed her out a little that she didn’t get to see Kim then.

But, she said studying herself. I think that’s good enough for a first try. The tiny bit of pomade between her fingers smoothed out the errant hairs.

Kim was downstairs in her tight jeans and her yellow polka dot top sipping coffee when Sylvia came down.

“Morning…” Sylvia yawned.

“Kim?” Sylvia said, now fully awake. “What…”

“Heather, right?”

“Actually.” Kim sipped the coffee and set the mug down. “My idea.”

Sylvia chuckled as she entered the kitchen. “You always liked that poster of his.”

Kim laughed. “Because I thought she was really hot.”

Sylvia poured coffee. “You two…”

“Robb said that to me when he bought it.”

“Well, Heather approved and check this out.” Kim got up and showed her mom the pictures that Faye took by the pool.

“Wow. This is you?”

“Yeah. Who saw that coming?”

Sylvia laughed. The morning had the two women speaking like equals. Both Sylvia and Kim liked their newly evolving relationship. Sylvia still felt badly about throwing Bobbie out, it wasn’t her fault.

Sylvia was still clinging to the hope that one day soon, Bobbie would be back. It was moments like these that made her miss Robb more than ever. He would have made fun of her, then told her she looked good.

Sylvia smiled distantly at the thought.

“I just wish Robb and your dad were here to see this.”

“Me, too mom.” Kim said, smiling with her ruby red lips.

“Me, too.”

 ***

Faye had the items set out in their cases when Hudson and Hobson came in. They had the coffee cup out towards the person they believed to be Tim.

“Here you go.” Hobson said. “So, what’s good today?”

“Still got the triple berry cake?”

“Sounds good.”

Tim retrieved the cake from the case and put it into the green boxes that were becoming commonplace across Delacroix.

“And Faye wants you two to know that she finally fixed that brake light.”

Hobson laughed. “We know. Saw it last night on the way in. Hey, maybe we can ask you.”

Faye flushed. Aw Christ, what did they do now?

“You guys are here early and sometimes late.”

“Actually, I live here, Detective.” Faye pointed up. Hobson laughed, Hudson failed the detective’s exam last time.

“Vesuvius keeping you guys up?”

“No.” Faye said, shaking his head. “Why?”

“Nothing serious. Just seems like they’ve gotten really busy lately. We’ve been here a long time. When that place pops off.”

“It’s trouble.” Hobson finished. “You remember that meth lab blowout couple of years ago, right?”

“Yeah. Big Bazza finally got put away. Or did they deport him?” Hudson paid for the coffee cake.

            Hobson shrugged as he hefted the cake. “Glad you’re feeling better. See you tomorrow, Tim.”

 ***

Bobbie was kind of regretting letting Timmi dress her.

They were both clad in black, hair teased up. Sunglasses that matched. Black heels, with Timmi’s being taller.

“See? Your first big slow motion entrance. I can almost hear Back in Black.”

“Can’t you?” Timmi giggled

“More like Highway to Hell.” Bobbie muttered. The large earrings threatened to hit her in the face when they moved. Her hair did no such thing, it was completely immobile.

Timmi strutted down the hallway next to Bobbie. There were stares, there was chatter. Bobbie had dealt with it before and still wasn’t completely comfortable with it. Her time in Faye’s body had driven off some of the modesty, but not all of it. Being dressed in the little more than a half shirt bearing the album cover of The Great Rock N Roll Swindle with the collar ripped out artfully and the tight low rise jeans that hugged her legs magnificently. The studded black low heels made Timmi seem almost as tall as Bobbie.

Timmi; however, had gotten into the puffy skirts again. Somehow turning them into a glam metal like accessory. The spider weblike fishnets and the tall heels just made the ruby red lips and the bright blue eyes that much more tantalizing. When the sunglasses came off and nestled in the bountiful cleavage, the room seemed to brighten.

“I’ll see you at break, okay?” Bobbie said.

“K.” Timmi said, disappearing with a wave.

“What in the actual fuck?” Came a voice from Bobbie’s locker.

“Hi, Zoe.”

“Did a Metallica video explode at your house?” Zoe laughed.

Bobbie laughed. “Last time I let Faye dress me. All I’m sayin.”

“Dude, Faye decked Stacy. Her cheek is all swollen. She is pissed.” The music from the one disconnected from her ear played its tinny beat.

“They didn’t tell me…”

“Yeah. I guess she was out with Tim? What’s up with that?”

“Faye… well, you know. Faye hasn’t been well lately.”

“She’s okay, right?” Zoe’s usual cavalier air evaporated into one of concern.

“Sort of. Maybe, I don’t know.” Bobbie looked down. “It’s just that she’s going to act weird for a little bit.”

“Like how?”

Bobbie pointed down the hall. “Did you not see her?”

“Yeah.” Zoe shrugged. “Playboy and all, didn’t really think it was all that strange.”

The bell rang.

“Shit.” Bobbie said. “I’ll see you later.” She ran off to class.

Something’s wrong? Zoe figured that she’d just have to get the straight story from Faye.

Besides, talking to a real Playmate is always cool.

Even if she is a fuckwich.

Even if she used to be a guy.

 ***

James Agee was sitting at his desk, still mad about the Indian food that had ruined his weekend. Last time I eat Vindaloo. He was fine now, but the John Wayne Marathon seemed tainted by constant trips to the bathroom.

Although, it was going to be ham sandwiches for lunch for a while.

Fourth period was starting when she walked in, he thought she was in the wrong class, but that figure was unmistakable.

Valentine. He grinned as he started to sweat. She was blonde now, looking like the metal goddesses he praised in the early days of MTV. The curve and swell of her spectacular breasts and tight ass caused him to forget which lecture he was doing that day.

Looking through his notes, he considered just making today a free study day. Hell, this close to the end of the year…

Does it matter?

Announcing free study showed a palpable relief among the students. Agee made a show of grading papers already marked up with red ink.

But what he was really looking at was Faye Valentine.

 ***

Bobbie was in the bathroom, fixing the makeup that Timmi  had put on her. God, Tim, you got way too good at this way too fast.

 SMACK!

Zoe entered the bathroom the black of her Ramones shirt combined with Bobbies all black ensemble seemed to suck all the light out of the room.

“Bobbie?”

Zoe chuckled. “What is it with you two today? First, I see Kim traipsing through the halls looking like she’s about to drop the hankie in a drag race. Then you and Faye… Both of you, look like you’re taking off to tour with Slayer.”

“It’s… complicated.”

“It’s Faye, everything’s complicated. She’ll be okay. Building… slow motion. Be interesting to see how Agee treats her now.”

Bobbie knitted her eyebrows. “Agee?”

“Yeah, he’s back. Goddamn perv.”

“Shit. I’ve gotta go.”

 ***

The ringing bell drew so many sighs of relief, Agee was sure he would pass out from the sudden exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide. Most of the students rushed out, while Valentine kept tapping away at her phone.

Most of the crowd was gone, everyone’s favorite class was next… lunch.

Well, maybe not everyone’s. Agee looked at the ham sandwich he brought from home. He looked at Valentine.

The rousing he felt suddenly became those of a different kind of pork.

 ***

Timmi was cropping selfies, removing unwanted background elements and generally admiring the way the light caught the ‘Faye’ nameplate. In her mind, she replaced it with ‘Timmi’. She was tired about thinking about boring old math. Numbers and graphs… the only thing that Timmi cared about that was remotely mathematical was curves.

Going out with Faye is so fun. We should go to prom. There was a moment of wistful thought. Sharing prom night with Bobbie was gonna be really cool, but something bothered her for a moment.

Shouldn’t Bobbie and I be doing something else?

The bell cut through the thoughts that were like pink cotton candy; Soft, fuzzy, sweet.

Faye makes me feel so…

“Miss Valentine. Can I see you please?

“Okay.” Timmi said cutely as she sauntered her way to his desk.

Agee rose to his full height to be sure that the other student had gone off to lunch. “Missed you last week. Been some changes I see.”

Timmi looked puzzled in a cute way that didn’t help Agee’s raging hormones.

“You’re blonde?”

“Oh, that.” Timmi said, grabbing one of the long ends and brushing at her face with it. “I am blonde, silly man.”

Agee took that the wrong way, in the way of tacit approval. Timmi’s vacant smile showed that she was reading the situation differently.

Very differently. Agee had his arms on her shoulders. Timmi kind of liked it at first. Agee was bigger, and it made her feel more protected and safe.

For about three seconds. When his hand rested on the back end of the puffy skirt, Timmi yelped quietly.

He’s a teacher. I know I’m pretty, but…

When the whiskers and hot breath touched her ear, Timmi could tell that things were about to get a little more serious than she ever thought they would.

“Wanna Rock the Casbah?” Agee said, he’d always liked that song. Beats having Concrete Blonde in your head.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded…

FUCK.

Timmi felt Agee kiss at the tender skin of her exposed shoulder. It was wrong and she knew it.

Mmmm, but it feels sooo good.

Agee backed up and his hands went for his belt, unfastening the leather strap with a single flick of his fingers. He brought his left arm out even as he undid his pants, allowing them to fall to the floor.

The cheap elastic waistband of his boxers gave at the same time, leaving Agee naked from the waist down.

Timmi looked down…

…and burst into laughter.

“That’s it?” The laughter renewed, Timmi felt a small flush of relief as Agee’s hand dropped. Faye’s is bigger, and…

Less wrinkly.

“Didn’t have a problem last week.” Agee said, his face becoming stern.

Timmi’s laugh stopped suddenly, she took a half step back. Ewww, his balls are all pruny. Like the striking of a grandfather clock in her mind, Timmi realized where she was and what was really happening.

Last week? Why was that important? She watched his cock shrivel as his body reabsorbed the blood. It looked funny to her, like Gamera was pulling his head back into his massive shell.

Gamera? That’s a funny name for a turtle.

The laughter returned anew as she pictured it retreating all the way inside.

You’d be an ugly girl, Mr. Agee.

The laughter continued as Timmi backed away.

She didn’t see his face get as red as the red velvet cake Cheepskates was so famous for. Neither did she see him awkwardly pull his pants up while Timmi let the door swing way too far.

Two or three students caught a show that they didn’t want to see. Agee hung his head and slunk back to his desk.

And his ham sandwich.

Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed.

“Fuck.” Agee growled as he brought his fist down onto his desk with his eyes closed.

Right on top of his sandwich.

 ***

Bobbie was running towards Agee’s class. Dammit, wish I knew he was back today. Bobbie was amazed that her Timmi-inspired ensemble let her move as much as it did. The flood of students out of Agee’s class was thinning to a trickle. No Timmi.

Bobbie started to slow down, worried about what she might find. Then, a flash of blonde and black backed out of the classroom, nearly doubled over. Now she was worried, the run came back. But when Bobbie got there…

She’s laughing?

The laughter got louder, looking up into the classroom she saw Agee fumbling with his pants.

“What’s so funny?” Bobbie said gingerly.

“He wanted to….” The laughter became a shriek. Timmi’s howling made it difficult to understand her.

Bobbie started to look alarmed, but the infectious smile and laughter calmed her almost immediately. “Wanted to what.” Bobbie said as a smile started to creep across her face like last week’s cottage cheese.

“But he’s so…” Timmi held a thumb and forefinger apart by scant millimeters.

Bobbie burst into laughter.

“Said I didn’t mind last week… was that…” Timmi’s mouth formed an ‘O’ in surprise as she figured something out.

“You?”

Bobbie reddened, then looked down.

Timmi’s laugh faded as they walked away.

“You did, huh? Eww.”

“Not my finest hour.” Bobbie said dryly. “I’m sorry you had to deal with…”

“It’s okay.” Timmi laughed.“I thought it was gonna be like with Faye…”

“But he smells like the forties.” The nonchalance with which Timmi dropped the obscure reference only made Bobbie wish this whole situation would just end.

And get back to our little happily ever after… whatever that means.

Bobbie and Timmi made their way to the cafeteria where the rest of the band was sitting in their usual spot. The picture looked different, now with Heather pulling off the sexy butch thing and Kim now sporting clothes and accessories that were a few decades out of date.

Still the same army. Bobbie smiled as she and Timmi wound through the mass of people, drawing some appreciative looks and some catcalls.

Timmi giggled at these. “Silly boys, they don’t even know that we’re in charge.”

Bobbie looked with slight alarm.

“Well?” Timmi said with mock superiority. “Aren’t we? You made me act all silly.”

Bobbie nodded agreement. She couldn’t argue with Timmi on that one.

 ***

“Not too bad, Kim.” Heather said, sliding into the booth next to Delacroix’s newest time traveler. “Rolls could have been tighter, but you look good.” An arm went around Kim’s shoulders as Heather planted a peck on her cheek.

Kim produced a pair of black cateye sunglasses with corners of crystal pinpoints.

“I know.” Kim looked up.

“Easy there Audrey.” Heather laughed.

“I think I remember that film. I guess I recall we both kind of liked it.”

Heather smiled. “There’s no way that’s going into the setlist.”

Kim smirked. “That reminds me. Got an idea for what I should wear that night.”

“Look at you.”  A white dress with red polka dots came to the table.  “Hi, Beth.”

Beth waved at Heather as she set down her lunch. “Wow, Kim. I didn’t know you could be so…” Beth stopped as she sat.

Kim looked to Beth. “Go on, you can say it.”

“Pretty top.” Timmi said as she and Bobbie approached the table.

“Hey guys.” Beth said.

“Hi.” Bobbie said, sitting down and unpacking her own lunch.

Lunch continued with Bella and Amber taking their rightful place at the table. It was about as uneventful as lunch could be. When the bell rang they all went their separate ways. Bobbie nervously watching Timmi as she walked away, turning heads with every step.

 ***

Zoe wanted to talk to Faye. Ever since Spring Break, Zoe wondered what was happening with her friend. She also wanted to make one last splash before graduation. The tag in the bathroom was only a test. The final product had yet to be painted. Zoe thought of Faye.

Haven’t ditched in a while, two birds… right?

When she saw Timmi in the hallway, she made up her mind.

“Faye.” She called.

“Hmmm.” Timmi turned and said vacantly.

“Come on. We’re ditching.” Zoe said with finality.

“Ditching? Ooh, sounds fun.” Timmi shoved her books into Faye’s locker and shouldered her purse and followed Zoe Keebler, the coolest girl at Delacroix High as she left the educational edifice.

After a couple of stops to make sure the coast was clear, Zoe waved Timmi over to her SUV. The girls got inside and slowly drove away from the parking lot. Turning out onto Cherry Avenue, Zoe hit the switch on her stereo and allowed the deep, throbbing bass and drum loops.

Timmi fell instantly in love with the sound. Why didn’t I ever listen to this stuff before? It wasn’t long that she was shaking and bouncing to the electronic beat.

“Where are we going?” Timmi yelled over the beeping and booping.

“Dark Star.” Zoe yelled back. “I’m finally gonna do it. The tag of a lifetime.”

“Cool.” She bellowed. Dark Star… isn’t that a spaceship?

 ***

When the messenger arrived, Nick was asleep with the book on his chest. He lost his place when he jolted awake to the alien sound of the doorbell.

“Package for Faye Valentine?”

“Yeah, she lives here.” Nick was still wiping sleep out of his eyes and brushing his hair out of the way.

Nick used the attached stylus to sign his name and accept the tiny, rectangular box and envelope.

“Thanks, have a good day.” The delivery driver walked away from the apartment and drove away in the yellow van quickly.

“Hmm.” Nick said. “Overnight?”

He looked at the return address. Playboy. He remembered when he got the black plastic bag in the mail every month. Never thought I’d see any of it so up close and personal.

“Yeah.” Nick said as he put the package down on the coffee table.

Always dreamed of sleeping with a Playmate…

Not what I had in mind.

 ***

The dubstep continued the entire drive down to the Warehouse district. Timmi moving her head sharply to the music, her ass wiggling in the seat while her shoulders swung the opposite way.

“So what’s going on?” Zoe smiled. “Blonde looks good on  you, exotic. How’s Rach like it?”

“Oh.” Timmi pouted. “I think she’s mad at me or something. She won’t return my calls.”

“Last time we hung out was super fun and then…” Timmi stopped.

“Yeah. She’ll come around.” Zoe offered.

Timmi giggled. “Yeah… I’m a handful.”

Zoe threw back her head and laughed. They exited the vehicle and crossed the desolate parking area. The lock and chain on the gate was so loose that it easily granted passage to the two girls as they went on their mission of vandalism.

With Timmi’s help, Zoe got her rucksack through the gate. “What’s in here?” Timmi asked.

“Art tools.” Zoe said with a mischievous grin.

Dark Star as it was known was a ramp ensconced in a warehouse. No one knew where it came from. It was much like Stonehenge, just there from time immemorial. It was black in color, some smudges from years of youths crashing, falling and sliding as their perceived great moment ended in a clatter of bones and boards.

“Wow.” Timmi said. She had been here… before. Smoking joints and drinking beers with some of the other people he used to kill brain cells with.

“Yeah.” Zoe agreed. “Different when it’s deserted.” She reached into her bag and pulled out two large spray cans. One with a red lid, the other with a white one.

“Which is perfect. This is gonna be legendary, Delacroix will remember the name of Zoe Keebler.”

Keebler? Why is that familiar? Why do I know that name?

“I’m gonna get started over here.” The grin returned. “You have any evil thoughts?”

Timmi did indeed have evil thoughts, but they were colored pink and made her feel sooo deliciously wrong.

“Yeah.” Timmi said dreamily, thinking of Faye. “But they’re not gonna help me out here.”

Zoe walked to one side of the ramp and started to spray with expert, practiced blasts of color.

“I wanna do one.” Timmi said, reaching into the bag. She too pulled out a red can and a white one.

Zoe smiled. “Gotta be like the big kids, huh?”

“Sure, brought plenty. Not sure how detailed this one’s gonna get. No ma’am, no simple throwups for this girl.”

Zoe turned around and sat. “Jeez, Faye. This graduation thing is pretty… I dunno.” The tough girl seemed quiet and contemplative for a moment.

“We all graduate.” Timmi said. “It’s how good you look when you do it.” She giggled.

Zoe grinned. Faye’s tough, sexy snark usually had a way to make her do so. “Fair enough. Hmmm.” She shrugged. “This might be my last chance to do something really stupid.”

“Better get started.” An earbud had found its way into her hearing canal. Zoe started bobbing her head.

Timmi looked at the vast expanse of ramp and how it curved out almost forever. A tight grin formed as an idea percolated.

 ***

Timmi was missing again. This time, both Kim and Bobbie met in the bathroom.

“Hasn’t texted back yet. I’m worried, Kimster.” Bobbie had a thumbnail in her mouth.

“She’ll be fine.” Kim dug her phone out. “I’ll get Faye.” A laugh. “Don’t think that the hairspray is gonna make the day.”

“Yeah, well we can’t all be Betty Grable.”

“Who?” Kim asked

 

up
45 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos