Little Boy-Girl Part 9 the Big Move

Printer-friendly version

With the resent turn of events the Davis family, find out that one baby is really twins babies that’s on the way might not survive. It’s been four months since the Kids birthday. The day we went to the doctor, he said “it might be best to move west.” We tell the kids about it and they say it might be good to move away. With time against us we pack what we’ll need right away and head off. Then have friends pack the rest and send it to us. Our stops on the way to rest are Alabama, Texas, Arizona and California our new home.

The day our trip started the kids are dressed and ready with all their needs. We make sure they are buckled in and have something to keep them occupied for the long trip. We pulled out at 5 that first morning and drove till 8 for our first food and gas stop. As I got gas Melissa did the diaper check. After filling the tank I help Kylie change the kids. Then we go wash up to eat.

As we are eating Jamie asks “how long it will take to get to where we are moving to.” I sit there thinking and said “if we are lucky four days.” Sabrina and Nicole say “4 days we thought we could see a few things along the way”. Jenny and Amber say we think we can make it in three days. Samantha and Sara Beth say “we need to take more day than the four.” Kylie says I’m with Samantha and Sara Beth. As we get back on the road the ones that were still clean before we ate where checked and changed. I said “our next stop will be at 1pm for lunch and gas.”

The kids fell asleep and Kylie says “I can’t believe we are moving to the west coast.” I tell her it’s for the health of our unborn babies. By 1 that afternoon we hit Georgia. And I say “we can get to Alabama by 5 this evening.” As we are eating lunch I call the friends packing for us to see how things are going. They say just fine. I say good to know. I say we are more than half way to our first stop. Right before we pull out we check and change the kids.Then fill up the gas tank up then get moving. About twenty minutes later the kids are out once again. I look to Kylie and say “get them up or we won’t get sleep tonight.” As we get past Atlanta I say 155 miles to go till we stop for the night.We get to where we are to stay the night and get settled. And get dinner and the kids ready for bed. I look at Kylie and say “we have a long day tomorrow too so let’s get to bed.” As we are sleeping one of the kids wakes us up. And we check the others and do what we need to do and then go back to bed. As you know 5am comes early.

The front desk called us at 4:30 the next morning. We get up and do what we always do with the kids. And set off on day two of the trip. We stop at 8am for food and gas and repeat the same thing as the day before. And this went on for the next two days. As we get to our new home we see things like nothing before. Nice clear blue water. Nice neighborhoods and big pools.

We get to our new home and walk in and the kids say “wow. This place is so big.” I tell the kids to look out back but don’t go out. When they do they see an Olympic size pool. Well in length and depth, but not in width. It had three lanes of 50 yards long. I tell the kids to look off to the side of that one and you will see yours. They look and see a pool that’s only 5 feet deep and ask “why two pools.” I tell them the big one is for me to train in. I tell them to set up there sleeping bags and get settled in.

Because we had a long trip and need to rest up, and our other stuff will be here in two days. The next day I let the kids go swimming in their pool while I started training in the big pool. Man I love it. I get about 5 laps in and Kylie yells for the kids to get out for lunch. They say “what about daddy.” Then she yells “honey time to eat!” Well I hear the kids complain and get out and dry off. I then slip on my shorts and tee-shirt on. I get to the pool table and sit down to eat. I ask “them if they enjoyed their swim.” They all say “yes daddy.” I then look around the table and say “here’s to a new life with my lovely family.

up
60 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos