Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 159

Printer-friendly version

"Why have you bought cat food?" asked Stella, "We don't have a cat."

"It was on special offer." I said defensively.

"We still don't have a cat."

"So, if ever we do, we have food."

"It can eat dormice, there's a hedge full of them out there," countered Stella.

Author's note: Version one was lost during posting, thanks Bill, I'll kill you later!

Easy As Falling Off A Bike.
by Angharad the Angry.
part:159.

Simon pulled in at supermarket, some of them stay open all night. I dashed in and saw they still had some of the evening papers. I grabbed a handful and a can of catfood.

The woman on the checkout, saw the five papers and gave me a peculiar look. "The cats like to read something when they're eating." I offered superfluously.

"Why can't they share one paper then?" she shot back.

"Can't have that, they are so spoiled, each one has a separate litter tray with wash basin so they can wash their paws."

She looked at the paper and then at me. "Here, that's you in the paper. Hey girls we have a real live celebrity, here in the shop. Lady Muck crimefighter and dormouse lover."

I blushed and pulled the purse out of my little bag. I slapped the five pound note in her hand and pushed past the group of store workers.

"Lady Catherine, you forgot your change."

"Piss off," I growled, as I nearly trampled a young couple who were coming in, an echo of cackling followed me from the store.

"I shall never shop here again," I said slamming the car door.

"Why, what happened?" asked Simon.

"Cheeky bitches!" I fumed.

"Report them then."

"Let's just go, take me home please Simon," I pleaded.

He was ready to go and play hell with the store's duty manager, and I suspect the woman would have lost her job. Maybe she deserved it, but I doubted she was there for the social life. I would just avoid adding to their profits in future.

Simon took us home, and I placed my purchases on the kitchen table.

"Why have you bought cat food?" asked Stella, "We don't have a cat."

"It was on special offer." I said defensively.

"We still don't have a cat."

"So, if ever we do, we have food."

"It can eat dormice, there's a hedge full of them out there," countered Stella.

"Well you can have it for dinner tomorrow, I'll make cottage pie."

She groaned and Simon, who was reading the paper said casually, "I like cottage pie."

"Aaarggghhhhhh!" yelled Stella going off to make tea.

Simon and I went into the sitting room. "Nice picture," he said.

I was about to interrupt when he added, "You can see why they call her Spike," I threw a cushion at him.

I sat down with the paper, 'Lady Catherine Catches Crook' said the headline, I groaned inwardly. The story had to be awful too.

'22 year old Catherine Watts, soon to be Lady Catherine Cameron when she marries her fiance Lord Simon Cameron, son of Viscount Stanebury, caught a bag-snatcher whilst Christmas shopping with her sister in law, Lady Stella Cameron.

According to eyewitnesses, an elderly woman collapsed with a heart attack, and Lady Stella, a nurse specialist, rushed to attend. While she was saving the elderly woman's life, a sneak thief, attempted to steal her handbag. Unknown to him, Lady Catherine tailed the offender and apprehended him with a rugby tackle. Community constable, PC Bob Dixon, who was nearby at the time completed the arrest. A 25 year old man has been charged with theft.

"I told her she should try for the England fullback position now Jason Robinson has retired," joked PC Dixon, "Was as good a tackle, as I've ever seen on a rugby pitch."

"I seen the whole thing," added Kevin Merchant 24, "I seen the bloke running away, and this young woman chasing him, then she jumps on his back and knocked him down in front of the copper. I think she was lovely, she could tackle me any time. I filmed it all on my mobile, but the police have lost it."

Asked what he thought of his soon to be daughter in law, Viscount Stanebury said, "We are enormously proud of Cathy and look forward to having her join the family. She has loads of bottle, and as a racing cyclist, is very fit. The thief would never have outrun her."

Lady Catherine, is a leading researcher at Portsmouth University, and is helping to run the forthcoming mammal survey of the United Kingdom, one of the biggest projects ever to look into populations and global warming, then in two years time, it enlarges to include the European Union, which will be the biggest European survey of all time. Portsmouth University will be leading the survey coordination.

Lady Catherine is also, one of the world's leading experts on dormice, which she breeds at the university, for release into the wild. The picture shows her with Spike, one of her breeding females.'

"Leave it to me," said your dad, "they have a bloody quote from him."

"It is a nice quote though, he is immensely proud of you," said Simon, before I threw another cushion at him.

"I'm still deciding who I shall kill first," I said, "you or your dad."

"Gee thanks, some reward for organising a birthday treat," said Simon his expression very down.

"If that was a treat, I'd hate to see what you'd do if you didn't like me."

"How was I to know the DJ had seen the Echo and was going to recognise you, I was up in Town."

"He was still going to embarrass me, singing bloody birthday songs, and what about the cake and the flowers? You organised them didn't you?"

"Prince Phillip and Dad are the patrons of the yacht club, so when I phoned them up, I asked them to make it a memorable evening for you."

"Oh it was that okay, I shall have nightmares for years to come."

"You can never please some people."

"Going for a meal down the pub, would have been sufficient, staying home and me cooking us a dinner would have been enough. I don't need to be spoiled."

"I like to spoil you," he said and kissed me, "Especially on your birthday."

"Teas up!" yelled Stella, just as life was getting interesting, she'll have to go.

"Can't you pay her to marry John?" I asked quietly.

"The bank only has about a hundred billion, it won't be enough!" he shrugged his shoulders.

"I heard that, I know you two are plotting, bloody Batman and Supergirl. The caped crusaders, ha!" She slammed down the teas and went back to the kitchen.

"I'm developing a nervous tic, living with her," I joked.

"You are, imagine what it's like after twenty seven years of living with Tigger."

I liked the analogy, I could see Stella bouncing up and down filled with enthusiasm, 'cos that's what Tiggers do best'.

"What did he say?" asked Stella returning with her tea and the paper.

"He was saying how much he'd enjoyed living with you?" I tried to say innocently.

"Usually he only says things like that when he's thinking of getting rid of me."

"Who me?" said Simon.

"Did he tell you he tried to have me sectioned one year, because he wanted his girlfriend to stay.?"

"Oh come on Stella, it was a joke, I was only sixteen at the time. You did get your own back."

"What did she do?" I asked, they were serious practical jokers.

"Tried to enlist me in the Parachute Regiment. Dad had to sort it out, she got a bloke who looked a bit like me to go in and sign up, he'd been practising my signature."

"Yeah, but then you forged a letter from me to the Pope, saying I wanted to join a nunnery and take holy orders."

"He wrote you a nice letter back," beamed Simon.

"I'm going to bed, don't forget your knickers are in the freezer or they could be a thaw point tomorrow!" With that Stella wandered off to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The comment fairy will be around, don't disappoint her, she reports directly to Santa!

up
156 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Never did say what the cat food was for

I liked the article in the paper though. Sounds lie Simon and Stella have a wonderful brother - sister relationship. Nice of Stella to remind Simon about his underwear.

M$soft strikes again

Love the story and can't wait to read it everyday. But below is some distressing news because Bill G. has struck again.

America Online announced Today effective February 1st 2008 they will stop supporting Netscape Web Browser and will cease all development on it. Bill has killed another web browser. He is actively working on porting the .net framework to linux.

Hugs,
Jenna From FL
Moderator/Editor
TopShelf BigCloset
It is a long road ahead but I will finally become who I should be.

Bravo! Well Done, Girl.

I knew you could do it, Angharad. Two fingers to BG.

Another great episode, for which many thanks. Your anger obviously fired you up.

I adored Stella's last comment. Obviously wishful thinking on your part concerning Gates' fate.

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Easy 159

So, which was the better version - this or the lost one?

You have a very naughty sense of humour which just makes me smile the whole way through. I'm still confused why she wanted the cat food, unless it was to try and divert the attention from the papers.

Hugs

Karen

Which was better?

Angharad's picture

Probably the one that got away! Actually they're both cr*p! But no one ever listens to me- don't care as long as they read my stories, even if they are s£!t.

Angharad

Angharad

Well If you Must Know

Greetings Dear one
Your work is compelling, Fun and brings me ot tears each and every time I feel every bit of each emotion you bring to us Though this last chapter was so very nice the Joy it brought to me, I have to resupply my tissue and warpaint(as my hubby says) Of course he is so kind says I do not need it.

Now as for you dear one if it is manure it is the best I have ever seen for it must be the high priced stuff the local garden shop sells for 100 a pound. You must realize that as you are onto chapter 1046 as of this comment egads I am catching up too fast

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Goddess Bless you

Love Desiree

Huh?

"Did he tell you he tried to have sectioned one year, because he wanted his girlfriend to stay.?"

What does this mean?

KJT

Down with ego photo sigs!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Sorted.

Angharad's picture

Thanks for spotting that one.

hugs,

Angharad

Angharad

Huh? Part 2

Still don't know what it means. My dictionary says sectioned means to cut or separate into sections. Did he try to have her chopped up into little bits? Shame on Simon, although I can see where he likely had provocation. ;)

KJT

Down with ego photo sigs!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Sectioning

Before anyone can be sent to a Lunatic Asylum (Mental Hospital) in UK they have to be "Sectioned" by, I believe 2 doctors. If you have been sectioned you can't discharge yourself. In the 40s and fifties they often used to section TGs here in UK.

Angharad could answer this better, she's a health worker.

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Sectioned

I think the term refers to a numbered 'section' (ie paragraph) of the Mental Health Act. It's medical jargon that's found its way into the non-medical world. I guess Angharad could give us the details. It just means that Simon tried to get Stella certified as officially insane and put away somewhere. Come to think of it, the way Angharad's written Stella's character it might just work :)

Geoff

Sectioned

Isn't that what Angharad would like to do to Bill?A piece here and a piece there probably good Dormice food!Another great chapter especially the second time around.Lol Amy

Hey, don't help her do it yet!

Wait until Billy fixes his will to pay us all before you turn him into kitty food!

You know, it's really a good thing Simon and Stella like each other...

Thanks for working your fingers ot the bone to entertain us.

Phrances

A Humble Suggestion

May I suggest you use an application like 'Textpad' which does an automatic save of your working document periodically ?

Once you are done, you can highlight all of the text, copy it, and then paste the text into the posting window.

I have never posted a story to this site, ever, so my suggestion is just a guess.

Your humble admirer,

Kim

BTW - I absolutely ADORE putties. ( As in puttie tats ? yah know ? )

Well, if this s$#t... Please keep it coming...

I don't get to post often, but I truly look forward to the ongoing adventures of our dear heoine, Cathy!
Please don't 'Kill Bill', it was a terrible movie and I just can't bring myself to even think about a sequel....
Lisa Elizabeth

Lisa09051_1.jpg

EARAB

Angharad,
As Santa is likely to ignore me next year as he has for the last I can't even remember how long, I will not be commenting about this lovely story except to say that I love the author like a sister :) Take care and keep writing Sis.

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Nothing in Life is Free; if the cost is not monetary it will be physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Rachel Anne

Hilarity

marie c.

My God, Angharad, you positively left me in stitches this time. I'll have the doctor send you the bill for having my hernia repaired.

marie c.

Sheer fun!!

I hope that writing this story is a work of contentment and satisfaction for you. I know that reading it, is such for me. I enjoy even the paranoid meanderings of poor Cathy, or is it "The Lady Kate"? I am simply amazed ay the coherence and clarity of your writing over 22 weeks, almost half a year. Truly a draconian endeavor. I can see she no longer has arguments left to object to being the model for the promotional posters. She has already been publicizedwith her involvment both with the project and with the titled family, seemingly, with not only the approval but with the involvement of the Viscount himself.
I think I am keeping up only to discover I was two chapters behind tonight. You are simply amazing!
Thank you for sharing this with us. You are giving a lot of enjoyment.

Multidiction?

Hello Anghard and all readers!
I have got a problem. After first getting the Gabydiction (Gabyism?) I have now catched the Cathydiction (Cathyismus garganteum?). My problem is that I do not want to be cured, but will have a serious abstinence once the authors need to make a pause or stop the production totally. Please just look around for a remedy for me when, and if, that horrible thing would happen. Right now I am enjoying those as much as I many years ago read the Joe Bates' Story.
Many wishes for a prosperous 2008 for Angharad, Cathy and us all
Ginnie

GinnieG

Is there a cure?

Angharad's picture

Simple good taste would cure you of reading my stuff, although I suppose it's a bit like Gaby for grown ups (sex and swearing).

I have no idea how long it will run, until the ideas dry up or something unforeseen happens to stop me writing. I am astonished it has gone on this long, as it started out as an idea for a one off blog.

I seem to be as addicted to writing as some are to reading, probably panders to my obsessional nature. So it will go on for the foreseeable future. Don't know if this good or bad news?

Happy New Year to everyone, may you get all you need and some of what you want.

Angharad

Angharad

Ok, could someone please

Ok, could someone please help me and point out which chapter the "SuperCathy vs. the purse snatcher" happened in? I'm finding that having past the 4 dozen + 2 mark, my memory hasn't improved with age... And as much as I would love to go re-read all of them, I'm way to far behind in both reading and RL to contemplate doing so any time soon...

Janice

Thanks! I completely missed

Thanks! I completely missed that chapter! Must have been something to do with wrapping last minute presents....

Janice

LOVE IT!!!!

I really do. You have a great way of drawing the reader into the story. I can't wait for the next chapter to come out and see what will happen to your girl. Keep up the great work.

Much love.
Toni

A bit over the top, aye?

She has her birthday in a wonderful resturant with the man she loves and is a totally irascable brat? Simon should give her a good spanking and send her to bed with her welts.

M'salama

Khadija

Cathy is not getting off easy

She is going to be on the go for the rest of her life. She might as well get used to it, as an introvert suddenly forced to be an extrovert.