Easy As Falling Off A Bike pt 158

Printer-friendly version

"Well borrow some of mine."

"Don't be ridiculous, you are several sizes smaller than I, so if I did borrow them, I'd end up singing bloody soprano. Besides what if we had an accident? No thanks, I'll stick with the chaffing."

"I'll kiss it better for you." I said suddenly realising what I had said.

"You'll what?" His face positively lit up.

Easy As Falling In Love.
By: Shhhhhhhhhhh you know who.
part: 13.17 dozen.

"What have you done with them?" Simon fixed the giggling Stella with an icy stare.

"They're in the wash."

"What all of them?"

"All except the ones in the freezer!" That set us both off again. It was cruel really, but I had now caught infectious giggles from Stella.

"Sod you then, I'll do without." Simon turned smartly and went to leave the room, when Stella grabbed the towel and his bare buttocks were exposed. Actually quite nice buttocks, we both wolf whistled, well sort of, it's difficult to whistle and giggle at the same time.

I checked my makeup, as Stella finished my hair, we both had to touch things up, the tears of laughter smudging things a little. Then some smellies and my mum's jewels and we were ready.

Simon walked down the stairs a little awkwardly, I tried my hardest not to giggle. Stella just lost it and nearly fell down them after him, she was laughing so hard.

"Bitch!" was all we heard as a response, yet we knew there would retribution, even Newton knew about equal and opposite reactions.

As far as I was concerned, the joke was over and I wanted to make my peace with Simon, he wasn't too interested. "Her I understand, you I am very disappointed."

"Ooh Simon lover, don't be cross with me, I didn't know about it until you were caught by her, and it was funny."

"The fact that this bloody zip is chaffing the skin off me, isn't bloody funny."

"Well borrow some of mine."

"Don't be ridiculous, you are several sizes smaller than I, so if I did borrow them, I'd end up singing bloody soprano. Besides what if we had an accident? No thanks, I'll stick with the chaffing."

"I'll kiss it better for you." I said suddenly realising what I had said.

"You'll what?" His face positively lit up.

"Erm is it time to go yet?" I said picking up my pashmina.

We ended up at the Yacht Club, they had a dinner dance on, and who should be waiting for us, but John, as in Stella and John. She seemed as suprised as I was.

"What are you doing here?" she demanded of him.

"Simon invited me, why? Oh happy birthday Cathy," he passed me a card and small present.

"Thank you John," I pecked him on the cheek.

Stella and he went off while she presumably got the thumb screws out and tortured him for not telling her. A waiter led Simon and me to our table. He ordered a couple of bottles of champagne.

"I got your first text, how did the second quack go?"

The music was quite loud, so I had to lean over and shout in his ear, "It was okay, he thinks he has the technology to rebuild me," I smiled parodying the Bionic man, or Six Million Dollar Man, whatever it was called. It would probably cost him that to get his teeth fixed these days.

Simon smiled and nodded, good. "Once you are healed, we are going away for a holiday."

"Are we?" I said whilst thinking, don't I get a say in anything?

"Assuming you want to go of course," he must have read my expression better than I thought, or it was a lucky guess. On the other hand,
maybe he's psychic? Nah psychotic maybe , not psychic.

John and Stella arrived back just in time for the champers to come and we each had a glass. Of course they had to toast me, God, I was embarrassed, but nothing compared to what happened later. If I had known that I'd have died.

Simon disappeared ostensibly to go to the toilet, he'd wondered if a condom would help. Seemed a good idea, two might be even better in the protection stakes.

"Have a good day so far?" John shouted over the noise.

"Tiring but satisfying."

"Has the Echo been to see you yet?"

"What about?"

"Being a one woman crime catcher."

"They haven't run anything have they?"

"Yeah, a short piece entitled, 'Lady Cate catches robber', or some such rubbish, and a picture of you with a dormouse? Is that right?"

"Oh no! I'll never live this down." I felt physically sick. I should have let him take Stella's purse.

Simon came back and I asked him if he'd seen the echo, he shook his head, but he'd organise a copy for tomorrow. I did think about looking on line, but I'd left the Blackberry behind.

"Does that feel better?" I asked Simon.

"Loads, why?"

"I was worried about you."

"What in case I took you up on your very generous offer?"

"No," I lied and blushed at the same time, more multi-tasking."I worry about you."

"Oh!" Now he blushed.

"Cor, thanks a lot!" I humphed and sat with my back to him.

I felt his hands on my shoulders and he kissed my neck, I melted. "Come on let's have a dance."

He led me off to the dance floor and we smooched to a slow one. "Can you ballroom dance?" he asked.

"Not really why?"

"Just follow my lead," he said and kissed the side of my neck. He apparently then did a slow waltz with me, without stepping on my toes once - I did his several times, but he didn't complain.

We did two or three dances and then the dinner gong rang, and he escorted me back to our table.

It was a set menu, Stella cussed because there were no scallops - you'd think she was paying for it!

I didn't, I tucked into my French onion soup, my fillet of sole, and raspberry roulade, then coffee and mints.

We were just enjoying the afterglow of a reasonable meal when the DJ walked up with his radio microphone. I assumed he was coming to see someone, he was me!

"Ladies and gents, we have a birthday girl here today, who has also just got herself engaged. Before I ask everyone to join me in singing happy birthday to Cathy, I suddenly realise where I've seen her before, she's on the front page of the Echo, our very own crime fighting dormouse queen, soon to be Lady Catherine Cameron."

"Stand up," he hissed at me off mike.

'Fuck off!' I mouthed back at him and smiled a completely false smile.

"Stand up or I'll make it worse for you!"

"Fuck you!" I snarled as I reluctantly stood up.

"Please do," he smiled back. "Wave to them," he hissed, so I did. The whole room applauded and then the bastard launched into "Happy birthday to you...." and to make things worse, the maitre de brought in a large cake with candles on.

I felt like running away, instead I glared at Simon, who shrugged then grinned.

I felt like shoving the cake in his face, Stella was smirking.

Then I had to ceremonially blow out the candles, then they all sang, 'For she's a jolly good fellow,' I tried to cringe under the table.

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, I was presented with a huge bouquet of flowers by the Commodore of the yacht club.

All night, I had people come up and wish me happy birthday, or congratulate me on my engagement and ask to see my ring. I wished I'd left it at home and brought my Blackberry.

Afterwards when Simon dragged me back to the dancefloor, the bloody DJ played the anniversary waltz. What was so embarrassing was the rest of them cleared the floor while Simon whirled me around with a fixed smile on my face.

Several times, people called out, "Lady Catherine," or "Look this way Lady Cate," each time there were flashes of digital cameras.

"I am going to kill you when we get home, and your father is next on the list - leave it to me he said, we'll get them to keep it to a small story! It's on the front fucking page!"

"I'm sure it's a very nice photo," he said and shrugged his shoulders.

"What happens if someone from the uni says anything?"

"We brazen it out."

"Can't we run away now?"

"What and leave your professor in the lurch?"

"He'd understand."

"I thought you were made of sterner stuff Cathy?"

"Yeah but they're cutting it off in three weeks."

Simon chuckled, "Come on," he said, "Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we deal with scraping the shit off the fan!"

He held me closely and kissed me on the neck, and we danced like Fred and Ginger, that's Fred Astaire and a ginger snap biscuit!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget the d'comments or d' dormeece gets it!

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks

but I've got a stitch from trying not to laugh out loud and wake the rest of the family. This gets sillier, funnier, and better with every chapter.
sinisterpenguin

Sinisterpenguin

oh and BTW

Put that dormouse down! You don't know where she's been.

Sinisterpenguin

d'dormeece

With apologies to the late Jimmy Cagney:
"You dirty rat!(sic)", put those d'dormeeces down now!

Bike 158

marie c.

I'm constantly amazed at the way you can make an uncommon life event seem everyday and even enjoyable.

It's the kind of writing that's needed to change public attitudes, to desensitize the perceptions toward TSs. I seem to be wandering but the hoi polloi should be able to look at the tribulations of a TS as something not different than problems of anyone born with a physical handicap.

I know that's oversimplifed and not very good grammar but you get my drift.

marie c.

Ooohh nooeess!!1!

Not de d'ormice, you mad woman you.

Drop the mouse.. err.. place it back gently, and step away. Slowly. I've got a keyboard and I'm not afraid to use it.

Thanks ever so much again Angharad. It's wonderful you keep it up so consistently. I do appreciate the daily dosage of silliness, just wonderful to come to BC and being able to read up on the local heroine.

Jo-Anne

This time Simon had the great comment

Cathy gets way too uptight sometimes. In this episode, Simon had the relevant comment, "Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow we deal with scraping the shit off the fan!"

Hey, she's a smart, athletic, brave and pretty girl. She just needs to build up the self confidence. I do worry though that there will be some journalist who discovers Charlie sometime soon. Lets just hope it doesn't put off Cathy's appt with the surgeon.

Trying to read too much into the chapter, I was a little disturbed by Cathy's, "Yeah but they're cutting it off in three weeks." I can't imagine that she'd be having any kind of second thoughts. I guess doubts and fears are natural though anytime you plan surgery.

Good one Angharad but shame on you for making me think about this one.

They may be cute to us

But I'm sure that Bonzi must enjoy the Dormice as well as Filet Mignon.Thanks for another fine chapter.Amy

Bonzi?

Either I missed something in the story, or I don't understand an english cultural reference, but what is a bonzi?

A bonzi

is the authors cat.Amy

Haaappy Birf(*hic*)daaay dear Caaafffy...

Edeyn See? It coulda been worse... coulda had a drunken admirer singing to her...
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney

Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? No, wait, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

Zippers

...don't chafe. Other things may chafe, especially if the trousers were hastily altered and/or the seams along the inside of the thighs not finished or lined, but in even the cheapest-made men's trousers (and Simon dresses better than that, no?) the zipper is safely inside a flap of cloth which touches the body. The seams on that flap are usually nicely finished, and in suit trousers, lined with a nice, smooth fabric.

A much more likely effect of "going commando" is that the outline of the "goods" would be more apparent through the trousers. And, if anything is going to chafe, it's that inside thigh seam, but, again, in expensive men's clothes, it's often taped, covered, or lined.

Picky Pippa!

Angharad's picture

I won't dispute any of that, but for the purposes of the storyline, Simon seemed to think they would - for all I know he got his pubes caught in the zip or his doodah rubbed on his sock!

I told you I'm a lazy writer, the only research so far has been the Latin name of the dormouse, Muscardinus avellanarius - no zips or flaps!

Angharad

Angharad

Made my eyes water—and HOW!

Back in the 1960s my Mum and I were driving south from Scotland to holiday with rels in Devon and I needed an urgent "comfort stop". We found a side road with suitable hedges and fields and I vaulted a gate to relieve myself behing a hedge. It was urgent and I unzipped carelessly and trapped part of "you know what" in the zip. OMG talk about making my eyes water!

Gabi
who wished she had beeen born without one.

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

Re: Picky Pippa

for all I know he got his pubes caught in the zip

Flashback to Prom Night scene from There's Something About Mary! OUCH! ;-)

Jenny

EAFOAB 158 - Laugh?

I nearly wet myself.

How do you do it? No further questions your honour.

NB

Revenge

OK, so he's gotten revenge on Cathy, who is innocent. Wonder how it will go for Stella?

EAFOAB, a gross and them some, and probably more

Alright, now you have done it Angharad! For most of the past 71 years, I thought myself as 'only' (whatever that means) a crossdressing male. The more I continue in this wonderful universalistic (is that a word?) world you are writing in, I am beginning to wonder that perhaps I am a girl after all, and even though I have always believed there was absolutely no reason for me to undergo the lightning of SRS, now I am not so sure! Of course, it will never happen, as I am not even on HRT, nor do I really desire to be... but this ever so wonderful story sure has me wondering, what if? and why not? Should I pursue it? What about funding?
And then, I stop and think, 'no, i was born a hetersexual male who just happens to enjoy wearing women's clothing, and presenting female in public when I can.....and truthfully, I don't care if I am clocked!'; Like has been said so often in the comments, and to quote Popeye, "I yam what I yam!' Gainsayers be dadgummed! (I cleaned that up somewhat!) and there are still boo coo parts of the story from here to the final part, which is still to be posted!
Love the story! keep more coming, PLEASE!!!! I am addicted!!!! I need more than a daily fix!

Don't let someone else talk you out of your dreams. How can we have dreams come true, if we have no dreams?

Katrina Gayle "Stormy" Storm

Hilarious

I try to read a few chapters every night before I go to bed - it's a fabulous story. I don't want to catch up to the present too soon!
Bronwen

Cathy's coming out party!

I would love to actually see this for myself. There is no way to make this a movie. If made into a television show , the sub title would be price less. it would make a great movie on second thought. Have the cute blond who is playing Supergirl on US tv play Cathy
A girl's dream come true.

Excellent Story

"I thought you were made of sterner stuff Cathy?"

"Yeah but they're cutting it off in three weeks."

This caught me completely by surprise, I laughed hard enough that I had tears in my eyes within three seconds. I'm still chuckling.