Tamara's Debut - Chapter 17 "A New Girl"

Printer-friendly version
Tamara's Début - A Tommy & Tamara Story
Tamara's Début

 

Part Seventeen

 

by Shiraz

 

 
 
Sunday 7th December
 

Tammy woke early on Sunday morning and found out very quickly that she was in extreme discomfort. Tammy shifted herself under the duvet, attempting to turn so she could look at the clock. For her efforts she receiving a shot of pain through her back. Now fully awake, and with a pressing need, she dragged herself into the bathroom to relieve herself.

Once she'd climbed back onto the bed she glanced at the clock, seeing it was six thirty; definitely far too early for a Sunday morning. Thinking she might regret her next action she picked up the bedside extension and called her father's room.

"Dad, I might not be able to go today," she briefly explained that she was in pain, her father was there, in his PJ's, within a minute.

"Let me have a look." Tammy rolled over, tugging at her nightie and let him see her back, there was now a large purple bruise, easily the size of a fist, in the small of her back. Richard dropped her nightie and had her turn back over.

"That's not good but I hope it's not going to be a problem, although I think you might need some painkillers; I'll let Elsie know. I'm also going to call the police station."

"Thanks Dad, I'm not sure if that's necessary, but is there any chance of a coffee and a bottle of paracetamol?"

"Coffee yes, bottle no, but maybe a couple of tablets."

"Since I'm wide awake, could you pass me my laptop, phone and that mail please."

"I suppose you'll want breakfast in bed as well?" Richard was being a little sarcastic.

"Yes, please," Tammy gave him the best smile she could manage, a hug was out of the question right now.

Richard left to shower and dress, having spoken to the kitchen staff. Tammy's coffee and pills arrived a few minutes later. Tammy first dealt with her mobile. It now had a fully charged battery but she reluctantly noted that the message symbol was flashing. There were three voicemail messages, all from her mother, along the lines of "call me." Tammy deleted all three.

Next she opened the post, firstly there was a letter from her Headmaster confirming the arrangements that had been agreed a week earlier, Tammy could never understand why such things took so long, then she remembered the comment by her mother about a 'temp'. There were also some bank statements, which she skimmed then put to one side. Lastly, in dread, she opened the plain envelope from Switzerland. It was not what she expected.

"Congratulations, you have won a prize in our lottery ..."

Tammy screwed up the letter and threw it in the direction of the waste paper basket, missing badly. The moment her arm stretched out, however, she regretted the action. She was less than quiet as the pain hit her.

It seemed just a moment later that Elsie and her father were in her room.

"You heard me then."

"Yes, what were you doing?"

Tammy angrily pointed at the crumpled letter, now lying against the far wall. Her pain was forgotten for a short while, "how did they get this address?"

"I don't know but you should take it easy dear; I've called Dr Hoskins, he'll be here in an hour when he's had his own breakfast. Now, how's your appetite?"

"Fine I think."

"Right, I'll have something sent up, but don't expect the works, we're eating dinner at one o'clock today, please don't forget we'll have guests."

The pair walked out the door, Elsie plainly in charge, Tammy was left to her laptop.

Tammy thought carefully before she knew how to write what was clearly going to be a difficult reply to her mother’s earlier email.


Mum,
 
I don't know about the temp, but I've just had a letter from the Head that took a week to get to me. The doctor has signed me off again for a few more weeks but I'm still doing the schoolwork. Dad is looking after me, he's taken some extra time off work.
 
Hope you're alright, weather here is freezing, possibly even colder.
 
Tom

It hurt Tammy to sign the email as her former male self but she had little choice right now. There was another email from John Hibbert, dated that morning.


Tammy,
 
just to let you know the main topic of conversation at dinner was still Mr Small, it seems he'd been threatening some of the boys in the lower years, but they were afraid to tell the prefects or the other masters. They're scared he'll be back, but I get the feeling he won't be.
 
I saw you and Tim arrive together yesterday afternoon, how is he? Since the Smalls don't live in the school I rarely see him outside classes.
 
I hope you'll be able to come to the end of year party in the common room, it's on the 17th, we all head home the following morning. It would be a good time for the rest of the sixth form to meet you.
 
See you next week,
 
John
(ps got a date with Tanya this morning!)

Tammy smiled, those two were meant for each other, but she hadn't intended to be a matchmaker. Tammy shifted on the bed to put the laptop out of the way and instantly regretted the movement. Fortunately it wasn't quite as bad as before, perhaps the pills were working.

There was a knock on the door and breakfast arrived, she was expecting bacon and eggs but found grapefruit, cereal, OJ, tea and toast. She decided quickly that the grapefruit would be heading back to the kitchen untouched.

Tammy had just finished when there was another knock on the door. She shouted for them to wait a minute as she shuffled into the bathroom. A few minutes later she walked back into the bedroom to find a reception committee.

"I thought I asked you to wait," looking at her father and the two others, "and who are you?"

She'd met Dr Hoskins before but the question was targeted at a tall man in a dark suit.

"I'm sorry Miss Smart, my name is Dr Hughes, I'm the Caithness Police Medical Examiner. We've had a complaint of Actual Bodily Harm and I need to check the injury." He put a case on the floor and took out a camera.

Tammy looked unsure but Dr Hoskins nodded, he obviously knew the man. Tammy was asked to climb on the bed and lay on her front; she was obviously in pain as she climbed on the bed. Her father gently adjusted the duvet to protect her modesty but then lifted her nightie to reveal the bruise.

The Police doctor photographed the bruise then felt around it as Tammy winced. Satisfied, he wrote up a description in his notebook and left the room. Dr Hoskins then had a feel.

"Tammy, you can roll over now. I can't feel if there's any damage beyond the obvious heavy bruising, but I want you to take it easy for a few days. I don't believe you need an xray or a scan unless it gets worse. I'll leave you a dozen painkillers, take one every six hours, I want to see you in three days if you're still in pain, sooner if you have any other problems."

"Doctor, Tammy and myself will be in London for a few days from tonight, back on Wednesday late afternoon."

"I can't say I'm happy, how are you travelling?"

"We're flying from Wick."

"At least you're not on a coach or going by rail. When are you leaving?"

"At two."

"Right, Tammy is to take one of these now and another at twelve, then every six hours. If she can walk to the car then she's cleared to fly. I believe there's a swimming pool here?"

"Yes."

"It would be helpful if she can spend half an hour in the water."

"Right, thank you doctor." Dr Hoskins left the room as Tammy looked at her father.

"Dad, can you phone Angela, Elsie will have the number, and ask her to get here by eleven?"

"I take it this has something to do with the swimming pool?"

"Perhaps?" Richard left the room to make the call.

Tammy dozed until gone ten when she needed to go to the bathroom again. This time, however, she felt uncomfortable but not in pain. Instead of going back to bed she wrapped a gown around herself and headed down the stairs.

Tammy found Elsie and her father in the sitting room reading newspapers, as well as a fresh coffee pot so poured a cup, sitting carefully on the couch.

"Feeling better?"

"Yes. Dad, did the police say anything?"

"They phoned after the doctor got back to them, he confirmed it's sufficient for a charge of actual bodily harm. John spent the night in the cells and was due to be bailed this morning but ABH might change that. I have a feeling they'll put him in front of a magistrate tomorrow and hang onto him until then."

"Does that mean I'll have to go to the magistrates court?"

"No, in any case Dr Hoskins has already signed you off, if necessary he'll re-issue the certificate to include your injury."

"Good, I just don't feel I could face that toad right now. Sorry Elsie."

"That's alright Tammy, I sometimes forget that he's my son, I won't tolerate that behaviour from any of my family and I've already told him that. You don't need to be the object of his problems and he'll not be a part of this family until he sorts himself out. You are, however, now my youngest surrogate daughter, and I'll do anything to protect you."

"Thank you, you're too kind."

"Not at all. You've brought joy and excitement into this stuffy house. You know, for the past few years there's only been Michael and myself here daily, and often I didn't even see him for days at a time. Cathy and John would turn up for Sunday dinner then go their own way, although Cathy would sometimes stay to talk for an hour. Then I would be on my own again."

"I hadn't realised."

"That doesn't matter Tammy, I'm just so pleased you are here. I meant it when I said you brought joy, even the staff have said so. They all care for you, I passed on that mention by Dr Hoskins about swimming and it sent them down there to clean the pool and refill it. Normally it's done Monday morning but they decided to do it this morning for you."

"I don't deserve this attention, Elsie. I'd rather not have staff at all but I take it I don't have a choice?"

"Tammy, I can't run a house this size without them. In fact I've just taken on someone else."

"In that case I'd like to do something for them."

"Such as?" Richard was wondering.

"I'll think of something."

The doorbell sounded and a minute later Joan Small and Angela, dressed as Tim, arrived. Tammy stood up to greet them but her discomfort was apparent to Joan who went straight to her.

"Is this a result of what he did to you?"

"Unfortunately, but he'll pay for it."

"So is the trip off?"

"No, but I have some therapy planned. Angela, did you bring a swimsuit?"

"No Tammy, anyway, why? As far as I'm aware the town's pool is closed on a Sunday."

"There's a pool downstairs silly, come with me and we'll find something to wear."

Joan looked at Richard who just shrugged and suggested Joan sat down. Richard guessed he should talk a few subjects over with her.

Tammy pulled Tim up to her room and told him to sit on the bed. like John the week before, he was amazed by the room and stared at the furnishings. Tammy threw open the doors of the walk in wardrobe and started looking through a drawer. She pulled a couple of things out and threw a set at Angela.

She pulled at the straps, wondering what she was holding.

"Don't stand there playing with it, get in the bathroom and put it on!"

"Tammy, is this what I think it is?"

"If you mean is it a bikini, yes."

"I can't wear this, they'll laugh at me."

"Who?"

"Them."

"I challenge you to actually name anyone who'll laugh." She dug into a drawer and pulled out her old enhancers, "you'll also need these."

Angela looked at the jelly in her hands, still wondering if this is what she'd imagined. Tammy pushed her into the bathroom then quickly changed, putting on a towelling robe.

After a few minutes Tammy gave up waiting and pushed the door of the bathroom open. Angela spun round and was about to say something to Tammy but decided against it.

Angela was wearing the briefs but had the top in her hand, the enhancers were on the vanity by the sink.

Angela was sobbing quietly, "Tammy, I don't know if this is right."

"Angela, are you a girl inside?"

"Yes, at least I think so."

"Then be a girl outside as well, If you don't try it you'll never know."

"It's easy for you, you've worn one of these before," she shook the top."

"No I haven't, this is the first time. I wore a one piece last time, they're very different."

"You're kidding me."

"No."

"OK then, when did you grow those?" She pointed at Tammy's breasts.

"These are falsies until I get some of my own." Tammy pulled her bikini to one side to show Angela. "See?"

"But I'll still look strange."

"I don't think so, although I think it'll look odd with just the briefs." Tammy took the top from her and placed it on the reluctant Angela, then inserted the forms. "After all, who else will see you?"

Under a minute later the two girls walked down the stairs. Angela was by now also wearing a towelling robe tightly around her waist. She was petrified by the time they were half-way down, Tammy almost had to drag her. Fortunately Angela didn't shout or scream; that would have earned attention which would definitely not be welcome.

Somehow Tammy got her to the staircase that led down to the pool and games room, the lights were on and the water was glistening on the tiling. As they reached the open doorway, Angela momentarily forgot her problems and just stared, Tammy closed the door behind them.

Suddenly one of the staff came out of a utility room as Angela stood there, Tammy was already taking off her robe and hanging it up. Angela looked up to see the woman coming towards her.

"Good morning Miss Smart, Miss Small, I hope you will enjoy your swim."

"Please call me Tammy, I don't like to be formal; especially when I'm barely dressed! I'm also certain that Miss Small would prefer Angela, wouldn't you?"

"Hmmmm." Angela was cowering in a corner trying, badly, to make herself small.

"If you prefer, Miss Tammy, but I would prefer not when Mrs McPherson is nearby, that is her rule."

"Thank you, anyway I don't think I've seen you before, what's your name?" Asked Tammy.

"Leanne, Miss. I'm new here, I started last week."

"Well, Leanne, thank you very much, we will enjoy this, won't we Angela?"

Angela nodded but was too frightened to say anything. Leanne left the pool and headed up the stairs, Tammy then went to deal with Angela. She'd forgotten her injury for now.

"Now, did Leanne accept you?"

"Hmmmm, yes, I think so." Angela was almost gibbering.

"So, what's the problem? Get that gown off and get in the water."

"I can't!"

"Yes you can," Angela's towelling belt had already come undone so Tammy simply pulled the gown off her. Before Angela could argue, she was pushed into the water. Tammy jumped in a moment later.

"You!" Angela reached for her expletive vocabulary.

"Now, is that any way to say thank you?" Tammy splashed Angela then reached for a small beach-ball that was floating beside her, carefully throwing it at Angela.

This play went on just over half an hour, during which time Angela became less aware of the bikini. Suddenly a phone started ringing, Tammy climbed out and walked towards the door, where the phone was fixed on the wall.

"Hello?"

"Tammy, it's half past eleven, I suggest you two get yourselves dressed. I know how long it will take you, I was young once."

"Yes Elsie!"

Tammy headed towards the showers, telling Angela to do the same. She picked up the shampoo that was sat there and started to wash her hair, after taking off her top and realistic breastforms. Angela just stared.

"Get in here, now! Remember, my body is the same as your's and this is no different than when we've been in the shower after rugby or cricket in an earlier life!" Tammy turned away then eased her way out of her briefs to finish washing before picking up a fluffy towel.

"Hurry up young lady, or you'll miss lunch."

Angela reluctantly got under the shower and washed, five minutes later the two were walking up the stairs, having left their swimming costumes behind. Strangely Angela felt more secure with nothing under her robe than when she'd been wearing the bikini, something she couldn't work understand. She had however slipped the breast enhancers into the gown pocket, unsure of their movement against her. They reached Tammy's room and Angela went looking for Tim's clothes, which had gone.

"Where's my stuff, what am I going to do?"

"Calm down, one of the staff will have taken them to be laundered."

"But what am I going to wear?"

Tammy pointed at the clothes in the corner, mostly now hung on a temporary rail.

"But they're girls' clothes."

"Yes, you got it in one."

"They're the clothes you bought yesterday!"

"Stop stating the obvious, will you. Go and choose something."

"Why can't I get some clothes from my case?"

"Did you bring a case this morning?"

"My mum said she'd sort that out." Angela put her head down in shame, she still relied on her mother for things like that.

"I wouldn't be so sure, especially after my father spoke to her yesterday. I think the idea is that you spend the next few days as a girl so you can confirm to yourself that you want this. I know it'll be scary, but if you can get over three days full-time as a female then you'll survive just about anything, plus no-one will know you."

"I think I should be angry with you for doing this, but then I'd also have to be angry with my mum." She say down and started to cry, Tammy sat next to her and put her arm around Angela. Angela was even more confused and tried to pull away but Tammy wouldn't budge.

"Tammy, this is wrong, I mean we're both still male."

"You're wrong, we're girls and you need to learn that girls are not afraid to show emotion or to comfort each other. Right now you're unsure of yourself and need help. Right now you have two choices, walk downstairs and ask your mum to take you home or explore yourself by coming with my father and I."

"Can I think about this?"

"Sure, I'll get dressed while you're thinking." Angela probably expected Tammy to go into the bathroom with her clothes but instead she pulled a bra and knickers set out of her drawers, turned around, dropped the robe then started putting them on.

"What are you doing?" Angela asked as Tammy was fastening her bra and dropping her breast-forms into the cups.

"I think I'm getting dressed, or did I miss something?"

"No, I mean, but?"

"You're not making much sense. Now, will you let me continue dressing?" Angela nodded as Tammy picked up a new pair of tights and sat to put them on. Angela just stared for a minute then picked up a clean pair of knickers, that were sat on her new case, and stepped into them.

Tammy knew she'd won the first round but ignored Angela while she quickly put the rest of her clothes on. She had chosen a long skirt that matched one of Angela's and added a jumper. Tammy knew she needed to be comfortable for the two flights.

Angela meanwhile was holding a bra that matched her knickers and was wondering how to put it on. She was now realising part of her long-held wishes, but she was as much scared as she was elated, and it showed. Tammy walked over and gently took the bra from Angela's hands and put it on her, teaching would come tomorrow. She picked up the enhancers and dropped them in, Angela jumped slightly. "Don't worry, they'll warm up."

Tammy walked across to the corner and picked up some opaque tights, passing them across.

"Can't I wear socks?"

"No, you need to shave or wax your legs and we don't have the time. Do you think you can put these on yourself?"

"No, I don't think so."

Tammy got down onto her knees and helped Angela, once again there was little time for demonstration; they'd already taken twenty minutes to get Angela into the lingerie.

Tammy handed Angela the skirt, Angela just stared at her.

"But it's a skirt."

"Look, I told you there are no prizes for statements like that. Anyway I don't have any trousers that will fit you so you'll wear that or nothing.

"They'll see it doesn't belong on me."

"No, don't be silly. Hey, we'll even match! What do you think anyone will see, if they look? Two girls in matching skirts. What will they think? They'll think we're sisters! There's a nice jumper there, It's a different colour than mine but it's the same style, just pull it on, you can manage that on your own, can't you?"

Tammy giggled and had Angela step into the long skirt. Angela then put the jumper on, noting how it was shaped around her artificially filled bra.

"Good,now get those boots on and come over to the dressing table."

Two minutes later Angela had discovered that it's easier if you pull the boots' zips all the way down first. Tammy had picked up Angela's make-up and now laid it out, ready for use.

"Again, I don't have time for any lessons so hold still, at least you had a close shave this morning. I'll start with your eyes, try not to blink!" Angela again knew she was both elated and defeated.

Ten minutes later Tammy was able to put her own make-up on, she went for a simple minimalist style. Finally they were both almost ready, Tammy brushed Angela's hair out, noting that it really was too short to do anything useful. Her eyebrows also needed fixing, but not today.

Tammy made a quick call to let Elsie know they were on their way, she then grabbed Angela's hand and marched out of the bedroom and onto the stairway. Angela was as scared now as she had ever been, especially when she looked down the stairs and saw her mother waiting. She lost her footing as she fainted

Tammy held her in a firm grip, grabbing the bannister, as Angela fell onto the stairs, Joan immediately rushed up to them to help Angela back to her feet, Angela was in a daze as Joan and Tammy walked, almost carried, her down the stairs and into the sitting room. Tammy cursed herself, although the boots only had a one inch heel, Angela obviously had little or no experience in heels or boots, and clearly not ever at the same time.

Angela slowly came around, she became aware of where she was but was unsure how she'd ended up in the sitting room, but thankfully felt secure in the chair. Then she realised what she was wearing and started to cry.

"Angela, dear, you'll ruin your make-up," said Joan as she walked over to comfort her daughter.

"Mum I'm sorry, I've been so silly."

"No you haven't, you need to explore yourself, I know you want to do this and I also know you're very scared. Tammy is there to help you, not to push you into something you don't want to do. If you aren't ready then say so now."

Across the other side of the room Richard was nodding, he'd had exactly this conversation with Joan an hour earlier. Joan had initially resisted, this was outside her own experiences but Richard had explained how he'd faced similar issues only a few weeks earlier. Of course, Tammy had lied to Angela; her mother had indeed remembered Tim's luggage but Tammy felt she would never have got Angela into a skirt willingly if she knew there was a set of male clothing available.

Tammy sat down and felt a shock from her back, she cried in agony as the strain from the incident on the stairs had pulled on her bruise. "Dad, tablet."

Richard rushed up the stairs to her room to pick up the tablets, Leanne was there packing Angela's case.

"Excuse me Mr Smart."

"No, please carry on, I'm looking for Tammy's tablets."

"They're in her handbag, on the table."

"Thanks."

"Could you ask Miss Smart to inform me what to pack for her?"

"I'll let her know."

Richard retrieved on tablet and walked back to Tammy, passing on the message. She started to get up but was waved back down by her father.

"No way! We'll sort it out for you."

Elsie stood up, "Tammy what do you need?"

Tammy gave her a list, Elsie then proceeded to walk out of the room and up the stairs.

"You need that much?"

"Yes Dad, I do."

Angela again forgot her own predicament She was shaken back into awareness however when her mother gently made a suggestion.

"Angela, dear, your skirt is bunched up. Stand up and smooth it out. Watch me."

Joan stood and demonstrated, Angela copied but put her head in her hands.

"Stop that young lady."

"But Mum?"

"But nothing."

Angela had little time to argue as lunch was called. Elsie had returned to the sitting room and asked Joan and her daughter to follow her, they obviously weren't familiar with the house. Angela reluctantly stood and held her mother's extended hand. Tammy was helped up by her father and awkwardly made her way to the dining room. Michael had just walked in when he saw Tammy, he rushed over to her.

"My brother did this to you?"

Richard replied on Tammy's behalf, "yes, unfortunately."

Elsie intervened, "Michael, don't get any ideas."

"Mum, would I?"

"Perhaps?"

"Mum, we've never really got on but I wouldn't. I don't agree what he's done but he remains my brother and I can't change that."

Any conversation died that that point. The six of them sat in an awkward silence as lunch was served, then the only noise was that of cutlery on china plates. Michael was almost sat opposite Angela, realising that he'd never met the feminised boy with the ruined make-up. He decided to ask any questions later, if at all, and kept his eyes diverted for the meal.

While they waited for the dessert, Richard asked Tammy if she was capable of travelling.

"Yes Dad, it is getting easier, honest, I'll be better by tonight." Tammy knew she was putting a gloss on her situation, something Richard was well aware of, however he didn't query her answer.

"Tammy?" Elsie left the rest of the question hanging.

"Elsie, I'm sure."

"Tammy, You can twist your father round your little finger, but not me. I know you're still in pain so I want an honest answer."

"Elsie, I can do this, for my own sake, and Angela's."

"Don't divert the issue, young lady." Elsie was quite serious.

Angela stood and walked from the table, but only reached the hallway, uncertain where to go in the unfamiliar house. Joan went to get up to follow but Elsie quietly told her to sit still. Michael had his first sight of her skirt. He quickly rationalised the situation, at least tried to.

Thomas walked in with the custard pot, followed by Leanne carrying the first of the warm plum puddings. The five sat there, spoons remaining on the table.

"Angela, if you don't come back here we'll waste our puddings."

Elsie's voice was partly one of command and partly one of leverage. The distraught Angela walked back to the table, having succumbed to Elsie's instruction. All those years at the school had helped to break her will under similar circumstances.

Finally the custard pot was passed around as the meal continued, as if nothing had happened; a very surreal situation. As the last dish was cleared, Thomas returned to the dining room.

"Coffee is served in the sitting room."

They started to walk out but Elsie took Angela's hand and pulled her to the stairs. Tammy looked at Elsie but understood what was happening and nodded in agreement. Elsie took Angela to Tammy's room and into the en-suite bathroom, using wipes to clean her face. She remained silent as Elsie picked up the mascara.

Tammy had forgotten to buy a make-up bag for Angela but Elsie had lent her one of her own and put Angela's limited make-up in it. The new luggage was now sat at the bottom of the stairs, Elsie sent Angela into the sitting room and placed the make-up bag in the flight case. She walked back to the sitting room, fortunately finding Michael there. Elsie walked over and quietly spoke to him, he nodded in agreement.

As they finished their coffees Richard stood, glancing at Tammy who did likewise. Joan understood what was happening.

"Angela dear, it looks like it's time to go, I'm sure you'll enjoy your time in London." She gave her daughter a kiss, remembering that several hours ago she had left their house with a son.

Tammy took Angela's hand and walked her out to the Freelander; Richard climbed into the driver's seat with Michael beside him. Tammy put Angela in the back then walked round to the other side so she could also get in. As they pulled away Angela's mother was stood in the doorway trying not to cry.

Elsie put her arm around Joan and took her back to the sitting room where the coffee pot had been refilled.

"Joan, I know this is new to you, I also know that your daughter is very scared. You need to let her discover herself, if this is what she wants then she will have to experience life as a girl. I suspect that your main worry is that only Wednesday morning, four days ago, you had a son and now you have a daughter."

"Yes, I'm scared for her, especially after what happened yesterday."

"Yesterday you met my eldest son who, right now, is on the point of being disinherited. As far as I know, apart from your husband, he is the only person who has given Tammy any real trouble. So long as Angela is with Tammy and Richard I promise she'll be safe, I've also made certain that she has one set of male clothes hidden in her bag in case she changes her mind. She won't be forced into anything, but she needs support and maybe a little persuasion."

Joan was still a little unsure, Elsie did her best to reassure her.

"Joan, I know Richard will ensure nothing happens. To you, Angela still looks very much like your son, but to anyone else she looks like a girl with a short haircut. Tammy will sort that out I'm certain, she just hasn't had a chance yet, she's a very bright girl. Your daughter will also gain confidence over the next few days. Also, if she really has second thoughts before the flight, Michael will bring her back."

Meanwhile, Angela had fully accepted her fate. She'd never flown before so this would be a new experience, added to the other new experiences so far today.

up
424 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It helps to have a friend who understands

Andrea Lena's picture

"Angela, are you a girl inside?"

"Yes, at least I think so."

"Then be a girl outside as well, If you don't try it you'll never know."

Yep!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

great to have help

It must be great to have help, especially when they point out the errors that will happen! concealer getting everywhere! forgetting to smooth skirts and dresses when sitting and rising! so much to learn

She Will Survive

joannebarbarella's picture

Angela has already taken her first steps. Although she was terrified, each step gets easier. Been there...done that.

I won't take too much time

for her to begin to enjoy herself. That is if she isn't already (secretly of course). It is scary, but necessary.

Anything new and untried

Jamie Lee's picture

Angela is sure she's unsure of going out presenting as a girl. That others will see a boy dressed in a frock.

Tammy taking the no nonsense approach in helping Angela seemed to be helping until the moment at the top of the staircase. But she didn't run out of the room, after regaining consciousness, and hide in Tammy's room. As Elsie said, Tammy and Richard will help her.

John hit Tammy harder than anyone realized, producing the bruise on her back. That bruise changes the situation for John, for the worse and best. Worse in that additional charges may be filed. Best in that his stay at the towns' finest bared hotel will keep him away from Tammy.

Others have feelings too.