Gaby Book 5 Chapter *21* Das Mädchen

Printer-friendly version

This is an absolute first - This chapter is getting posted here first! Don't get in too much of a tiz - Angharad threw down the gauntlet last night so I had to reply in like!. This will be going up on my site with 179 next week so for now consider yourselves spoilt!

Gaby_book_5_teaser_title.jpg
Gaby Book 5 - Bits
Chapter *21* Das Má¤dchen
by Maddy Bell

 
Maddy Bell is selling her works in book form at Maddy Bell's Book Shop and has Gaby Character Dolls for sale. Please Visit!


 
Chapter *21*

Text in Blue is in German.

"Are you listening Gaby?"

"Yeah yeah."

"Well I decided to have 'I love Robbie Williams' tattooed on my back."

"What?" Drew suddenly snapped to attention.

"I said that I'm getting ' I love Robbie...'"

"Tattooed on your back, but you hate him," the penny suddenly dropped, "and I wasn't listening was I?"

"Gotcha!" Jules crowed.

"So what do ya want?"

"Mum said to remind you to put the washing on."

"Yeah I know."

"So what's got your attention so much?"

"Homework, European history."

"What're you doing?"

"The Habsburg succession in the sixteenth century."

"Heavy!"

"Yeah and everything I can find on the web is in German."

"Bummer!"

"Looks like I'll have to skank the info from one of the girls, my Germish isn't up to translating that stuff. So like are you getting a tattoo?"

"Well duh! You know what the olds were like with my tongue."

"So that's no then."

"For now at least, maybe when I go to uni. Well I'm off, I've got a date tonight."

"Not that Jürgen kid?"

"Might be"

Drew rolled his eyes; Jules seemed to change her boyfriends like others change knickers!

"See ya laters!" Jules concluded as she disappeared down stairs.

No rest for some though, Drew re read the question, 'In what circumstances did the succession change in 1546?' 'It'll be some prince or other with a great string of odd names, Josef Maria von Clodstein or some such. I wonder if Connie knows? '

 

~*~

 

"So Drew, you fancy earning a few Euros?" Frau Thesing enquired.

"Um."

"Its only a bit of work in the café on Sundays."

"What would I have to do?" my interest was piqued.

"Help Connie serve tables, clean up, you know, general stuff."

"Sounds okay but I'll need to ask my parents."

"Of course, let me know soon though as I'll need to advertise if you can't do it. Oh its €50 a week."

€50's! Wow, that's over two weeks allowance!

"I'll let you know tomorrow."

Fr. Thesing left to be replaced by Connie.

"Here we go, Habsburg's."

"You're mum just offered me a job."

"Kewl, for Sundays?"

"Uh huh."

"Please say you'll do it, its great fun and easy money."

"Really?"

"Sure, we just take the orders and serve them, Mama and Papa do the rest."

"I need to check with my 'rents but I could do with some extra money - specially with Chrimbo coming up."

"Brill!"

"I guess we'd best do our homework now though."

"Worst luck."

 

~*~

 

“So Connie's mum has offered you a job?”

“Yep.”

“Doing what pray?”

“You know, waitress - I mean waiter stuff, serving an cleaning an all that.”

“What about your training and school work?”

“It's only in the afternoons so I can still go training first and I can do my homework with Connie. Please Dad can I do it?”

Dave was a little taken aback — Drew actually wanting to work — its not that he's lazy, no one who's achieved what he has on a bike can be lazy but volunteering for work?

“If I say yes you have to be properly committed to going every week, no skiving ‘cause you don't feel like it, Frau Thesing wants a worker not just a body.”

“Does that mean I can do it?”

“Yes you can do it.”

 

~*~

 

“So he said I can do it Con.”

“Kewl!”

“I'd best speak to your Mum.”

“Sure, (Mama, Drew's on the phone, you want to speak to her? ……. Ok, right, sure. ) She's tied up right now Drew, she said to sort it out in the morning before we go to school.”

“Ok, in that case I'd best not chat, Mum'll be ringing from Italy soon and I wanna tell her.”

“See you in the morning then, tschuss!”

“Tschuss.”

 

~*~

 

“So that okay Drew?”

“Yeah great Frau Thesing, Sunday at eleven.”

“You'd best join the others, you don't want to be later for school!”

“Thanks again.”

I returned to where Steff and Connie and crew were just starting to gather their stuff.

“So you are to be a waitress Drew?” Anna asked.

“From Sunday.”

“We'll have to come for free coffee.” Pia mentioned.

“I er dunno about that.” I started to panic, would everyone come in wanting discounts and free stuff?

“Just kidding Drew, you went very pale.”

“Um just the excitement I guess. We'd best go if we're not gonna be late.”

 

~*~

 

The summer was certainly different in Germany to back home in Warsop. Firstly there was the weather - it's not like it was always hot and sunny it's just that you noticed the rain less! So okay there have been a few heavy downpours but there was definitely a tendency towards blue skies and high temperatures.

Then there's the whole social thing. I guess there is stuff happening in Warsop but mostly it's a bit focused - old fogey stuff or kids events, the only things that really include everyone are the carnival and bonfire night. There just seems to be so much happening if not in the village then in the local area. And not only that but most people take part too - not like back home. One thing was for sure and that's that everyone likes to party!

The girls in particular had been on about this latest bun fight for weeks, you remember I told you they grow grapes round here? Like for making wine? Well apparently they have this ‘Queen of the Vineyards' thing, a bit like a carnival queen but they have one of them too. So the girls, well most of them, all aspire to this post - Steffi was telling me that there's a Euro 1000 prize plus you get to do some cool stuff. There's only one catch really and that's that you can't enter for the competition, you get nominated / sponsored and then its a free vote of everyone in town. The winner is announced at a big do the night before the Weinfest proper and that's only a fortnight away.

Obviously my main interest is in the party! But I know Connie is keen to take part but out of the others only Pia and Anna are eligible and Anna's not really bothered. Steff and Nena are nominees in their respective village events — each of the villages then competes for a sort of ‘Queen of the Valley' title.

 

~*~

 

Drew tugged his stocking into place and slumped back on his bed. He didn't really feel like going tonight but he'd promised Connie - it didn't mean he had to like it. He stared at his ceiling, at the pictures stuck there. The pictures were of all sorts of stuff - bikes, his friends, articles from various bike mags - well the usual stuff any teen accumulates.

He scanned the colorful array there was that picture of the Forester's taken just before they moved, that double page spread from the comic when they went for that ride, a signed picture of Lance Armstrong ‘to Gaby Bond, keep on wheeling, Lance', the podium at the TdF Feminin, with Mad at that first Anime Con. It struck him then that there was one thing in common with all the pictures with him on - he wasn't on them. He scanned the gallery again to confirm his findings, nope not one picture of Drew but lots of Gaby.

He pulled his knees up and without thinking started rubbing his nylon clad legs. Gaby seems to be the one who does all the exciting stuff and gets all the attention. When I'm me I never seem to attract much attention, its like I don't exist but Gaby... With a start he realised what he had been doing and immediately stopped and sat up.

Tonight was going to be no better, a trip to Pia's place for some dance thing. So here he was in bra and knickers debating what to wear and jeans and a T were not on the list! No Connie had been insistent that it should be a frock and to his chagrin he realised he wasn't exactly short of feminine togs. Really how did all this get started?

With a sigh he went over to his wardrobe and surveyed his choices. Despite himself he had some favourite girls clothes, mostly skirts and jumpers but somehow they didn't seem appropriate for this evening. That left a small selection of dresses and one in particular was screaming for him to choose it. He pulled it down and posed in front of the mirror. Yep, he'd get Jules to do his hair up and he could wear the black shrug. That decided he set about finishing dressing, as seemed all too regular his earlier consternation changed to a warm comfortable feeling as he slipped into the silky frock.

 

~*~

 

"You what!"

"You won the vote Drew." Pia enthused.

Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit! This really can't be happening. I mean I didn't even know I was nominated until last week and now I've won. Hmm, so what are my options, come clean and tell the organisers that I'm a boy - that'd be favourite. Yep that's what I should do.

"Drew? You okay?"

"Uh yeah, just a bit shocked."

"It's just so cool, you get treated like royalty, I can't believe I know the Königin !"

This nightmare cannot be happening to me.

"Drew? You've gone awfully pale, Drew!"

With that I passed out.

 

~*~

 

"It must have been the excitement." I heard through the fug.

"She's coming round, Drew, wake up Drew."

"Wha?"

"You fainted young lady,” a voice I recognised vaguely as Pia's mother informed me. "You gave us quite a fright."

"Erm sorry." why is she calling me Jungfrau? My befuddled brain enquired.

"Do you want a drink?" Pia asked from somewhere above me.

"Er please."

"Lay there for a few minutes dear then you'd best make an appearance!"

"Thanks."

Appearance? Then it hit me, the reason for my fainting, the Wein Queen thing - oh bugger! Can I make a run for it now? I eased myself up to a sitting position, to find myself in a corner of the restaurant that Pia's family own. Outside there was a crowd, lots of cheering and no chance of escape!

"Here you go your majesty." Pia did a little curtsey thing as she passed me a glass of water.

"Pia, I er."

"I bet you're nervous, I know I would be,” she rambled on.


 
Maddy Bell 26.12.07  © 2007

 

up
162 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

And this one is

Maddy Bell's picture

especially for Angharad!

Maddy Bell


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell

Thanks Maddy,

Angharad's picture

Remind me to be careful about what I dare you on next time, having said that with the Gabycon coming up.... hee hee.

Special hugs,

Angharad

Angharad

"Chapter 7"

Does this mean you're finally going to put these bits into sequence? The randomness has been driving me crazy...

Best, Eric

The Randomness is part of the FUN!

Hey, reading the chapters in the order written is a LOT of FUN. You get to guess the order they occur - chronologically! You know things before Drew sometiems. Lots of fun!

Phran

Random is good

I'm rather enjoying it. However, there is a friend of mine that's disabled and has no internet at home that I've, ah, inadvertently addicted (yes... much better sounding than "planted bait") to Gaby. She's loved all the previous books, but is very confused by the current one when I bring her a new chapter all printed fresh. Ah well.
Edeyn Hannah Blackeney

Wasn't it Jim Henson who said, "Without faith, I am nothing," after all? Wait, no, that was God. Sorry, common mistake...

Gaby is Being Posted

and linked with correct ordering. Maddy is writing it out of sequence for her own reasons and BC will have them posted as we get them, and correctly insert them inside the gaps.
 

    Sephrena Lynn Miller
BigCloset TopShelf

Randomness

I know, I know, you are writing the chapters as they come to you, and the alternative is wait for you to write them all, then post them. I'm not sure which is better. I love to read the chapters, but the randomness is rather daunting.

This chapter was great, it explained what happened before the last chapter. I was kinda wondering what the last chapter was refering to to a wine queen, and why Drew was being asked to go to that olds folks place as one.

Now the chapter before that was before Drew goes to his first class at the new school, so I figure that was way at the beginning. It would be interesting to know how his first day in school really went? Even though we all know that he was taken for a girl right off, obviously.

I'm amazed that Drew took the waitressing job, for he knew he would have to appear as Gaby for the job. He even said as much when he slipped up when he was trying to his dad about the job when he said it is a waitressing job I mean waiter. Drew obviously didn't much care about how he would have to appear, and Connie keeps refering to him as her or she, when she said “Sure, (Mama, Drew’s on the phone, you want to speak to 'HER'? ……. Ok, right, sure.) Drew didn't even flinch.

I'm amazed that Drew didn't even give a peep when he was dressing as Gaby for the dance. It seemed he was looking forward to being Gaby. Drew is definately one confused individual. I mean he is realizing that all the exciting things that are happening to him are because everyone thinks he is a girl. He too realizes that as a boy he isn't recognised much and realizes these type of experiances would never of happened, and he essentially would have been a non entity trying to claim boyhood amoungst other boys that were much bigger and stronger than him and would probably have been bullied, and laughed at even though he wins bike races.

Is Drew finally going to put the male Drew behind him and start to embrace Gaby as who he really is?

Hugs and Merry Christmas Maddy. Again Thank you for the Chrimbo Pres

Joni W

Gaby 18

marie c.

Aaaaaaah! Another injection of Gaby so that I don't have to go into withdrawal and search frantically for some other drug.

Ciao e amore.

(Do you ever write anything in Italian or Spanish? Ich habe keine Deutsch.)

marie c.

Will Gaby ’fess up to cousin Maddy?

I don't know whether to be surprised or not, following the scrapes Drew has got into in the past, but will s/he have courage to tell Mad back in Warsop that she has been elected Wine Queen? What will Mad's reaction be? Has Drew even told Mad that everyone thinks s/he's a girl? The comparative calm when she admitted to Dave that she was going to be a waitress before adding waiter stuff seems indicative that s/he is more comfortable in the Gaby role than as Drew.

More please Your Madjesty!

Gabi

Gabi.


“It is hard for a woman to define her feelings in language which is chiefly made by men to express theirs.” Thomas Hardy—Far from the Madding Crowd.

"as seemed all too regular

"as seemed all too regular his earlier consternation changed to a warm comfortable feeling as he slipped into the silky frock."

aha, a clue! So is Drew comfortable dressing up or being Gaby?

No iron pills, or just fainted?

Jamie Lee's picture

"Er, I guess so," ad infanitum, ad infinitum, ect, ect, ect... And Drew wonders why he's taken for a girl when he never corrects any one or makes sure he has decent 'boy' clothing so he can't be mistaken for a girl.

Onle he can't change his facial features or the breast development, both of which scream girl.

Why doesn't Drew have nice 'boy' clothing? Why only jeans and T-shirts? Didn't Dave and Jenny make sure he had more than school uniforms and jeans and T-shirts? He doesn't have dress trousers or dress shirts he can wear?

Oh boy, not a fainting spell again. Has he been taking the iron pills? Or was it shock of winning the election? Once again, mouth sealed equals in another bind. Only this bind seems to have Gaby enjoying what she's wearing.

Others have feelings too.

Drew

Maddy Bell's picture

does have some smarter stuff just not suit and tie type stuff which, in Europe very few kids his age would have unless it was bought for something like a wedding. So he does have a pair of Chino's and a couple of shirts, if its a bit cooler he has a smart jumper (sweater) to wear on top, for some 'smart' occasions it will be school uniform tho.

I'm sure he has been taking his meds but you know what girls are like! lol


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell