X-Why-Me?...Chapter 20

Printer-friendly version

X-Why-Me?… Chapter 20

Chapter 20

*Before…

Kira acts tough but that was likely because she had to.

Very much faking until you make it.

Emily reached up and took her hands and hung onto the arms that were around her like clasping onto the blanket she had and she lean back and into her.

“I can’t help it Kira, I can’t you’re just easy to love.”

There was a sniffle and she felt Kira laying her head on her shoulder and she tilted hers until they were resting like that together.

They’d just taken a whole bunch of little opening up steps with each other but they were important ones.

*And Now…

It was Emily was pretty sure the single best night and sort of date in her life. Kira there with her arms around her and all of that security and safety and softness and caring and the list of all those positives just kept going on and on and on.

Together watching Buffy on Netflix for Kira’s first time and the semi comedy and the laughing that came with it.

Laughing together.

There was a really, real thing about being with someone that GOT you she thought. Even with what had happened and what they had talked about.

Kira was still Kira and Kira was really so damned awesome and so really not a boy.

That actually kind of helped too.

Kira’s status as it were sort of made the whole XY thing that she was dealing with easier to take actually.

It was because Kira was such a girl…actually really more a young and very much in the heavy duty idea of woman that it was helping. Here was very arguably the hottest or one of the hottest girls in school and she was XY too.

Emily smiled at the other though as she punched in the stuff for the next show. Kira looked at her and she did that sort of sexy eyebrow thing.

“You’re really happy.”

Emily nodded. “I am, this is so much more then kind of date that I think I’ve wanted.”

“So not like your ex?”

“No, not like Jack. He was all about him and when it wasn’t about him it was about sex stuff.”

“Well we’re being pretty darned sexy and stuff right now.”

She looked at Kira. “Trust me it’s completely different.”

Kira nodded. “I know, I did have a boyfriend y’know…and this is extremely different.”

Emily smiled and leaned in and did a little nuzzle and a kiss. “Good different.”

“Best different.”

It was just that…so different it was this whole best sort of different Emily though as she did these little make out kisses with Kira between the parents coming and going until the food was ready.

Okay that had become sort of a have to hang with the parents thing as they ate and supper was good it wasn’t fancy stuff either it was just one of the things that’s made all over the place a roast the only thing different was the deer part.

It wasn't even that odd in these parts actually, especially if you fit in a certain income range.

Kira was having seconds. “This is really good, totally mid-west.”

Emily’s Dad beamed. “Thank you I’ve a good hand at stuff like this and Hamburger Helper and pretty easy stuff like that.”

Emily nodded as did her sister. “Yeah, Mom’s not a cook.”

Her mother went. “Hey! I can cook.”

Both daughters gave her skeptical looks.

She reddened blushing and mumbled. “I make good salads.”

There was some chuckling and Emily smiled as her dad slipped an arm around her mother and kisses her cheek. “You make kick ass salads hon.”

It was so one of the reasons she liked her step-father and felt okay about calling him Dad.

But it was true…it was true that he mom could cook but she wasn’t good at it. She might not burn things and she was definitely not a good from scratch cook but she could cook. And she made really good salads. Emily was pretty sure that was from practice, her mom ate more salad that anything else because of well…trying to stave off that whole getting older and fatter thing.

She looked over at Kira’s mom who was eating with gusto and piling the macaroni onto a slice of buttered bread like a folded over half sandwich and was rolling her eyes in enjoyment.

Though Emily thought she must store a lot of her food energy in her boobs.

Which had her looking at Kira again and her very generous figure.

Gosh she was so beautiful and yes even knowing all the stuff to know about Kira she was still so really stunning and she even ate in this sort of sexy way…not even dainty bites just bites but she so definitely seemed to enjoy it that she just looked…

Emily thought to herself… ‘I might just have a little bias there.’

It was still just this whole chaperoned parents and family getting together get to know everyone date but it was still really, really good.

Kira looked at the parental units. “We sort of hogged the TV and living room while you all were cooking Emily and I can do the dishes if you want.”

That went over actually pretty okay.

After the food was to be had and dessert passed out. Her Mom made chocolate pudding in parfait glasses with alternating amounts of whipped cream and the random bit of crumbled chocolate chip cookie and some mini marshmallows.

That she was good at too.

She smiled as her little sister left with the parents as they all took their desserts and headed out to the other room talking and leaving Emily alone with Kira who had started filling the sink full of dishes and water.

“I’ll wash you dry?”

“Good plan I know where everything goes.”

“Kind of the idea.” Kira said smiling as she was putting her hair back with an elastic tie and looked at Emily with this really cute sort of look.

Emily blushed and smiled as Kira was doing that because Kira with her hands like that were doing really interesting things to her breasts.

Kira noticed of course and she did that sexy eyebrow thing and slipped over to the sink. “Any tunes?”

Emily nodded a little wow-dry-mouthidly and went to turn on the radio on the kitchen counter and turned it to the local rock station and then got a towel to start drying dishes as Kira washed them. “I never really thought of doing dishes as part of a date before.”

Kira nodded. “Me either but I think it’s a good thing.”

“A good thing?”

“Well if we can do this and have fun then it’s a definite plus because there’s always going to be dishes.”

“Well that’s true…okay I kind of like that idea.”

“Me too.”

It kind of started when a song that they both liked came on and Kira started to sing along a little, it was that knows the chorus but not the words thing and Emily joined in and soon this led to that whole moving back and forth in that pre-dancing sort of shuffle that you sort of do when your hands are full and busy all the way into the next sink full of dishes and Kira drying off her hands and taking Emily’s and starting to dance with her as Cheryl Crow’s *All I Wanna Do is Have Some Fun.* started playing.

It’s that fun dancing, that sort of shimmy just a little, sort of moving back and forth too and lots of eye contact and lots of smiles.

It was fun.

It actually felt like a date more and more.

It was turning into one of the sweetest things that Emily could ever really remember. A few more dishes and another song hand on hips and some swaying.

“I like dancing like this Kira.”

“Me too, I never got to do this before.”

“You’ve never danced? You’re pretty good.”

“No, not a lot of the people I dated were into dancing.”

“Really?”

“Too self conscious I guess, we were kinda just kids.”

“We’re still kids Kira.”

“I feel older Em, just too much sometimes.”

“I…yeah I can see that.” And with everything so far that had happened she was sure that she’d be feeling the same thing before too long. Actually she did sort of feel older now, before all of this her life didn’t feel so heavy.

“But this, this was really worth it Emily, god this feels so normal.”

“Well we’re hardly normal.”

“No but it’s good enough, close enough.”

Emily was going to say something else but she just felt it instead that whole push pull as she stood on her tiptoes and pulled Kira into a pretty strong kiss.

All the way into hearing her parents doing the really pointed coughing.

Her Mom was there watching red faced and her Dad there with just a grin. “Dishes done we’re breaking out Trival Pursuit.”

She broke the kiss and looked at the kitchen. “Yeah, just give us a second and we’ll be right out.”

It only took a few moments to wipe down the sink and counter then they joined everyone in the living room sharing a space on the floor around the coffee table.

up
171 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Nice Being Brought up To Date

littlerocksilver's picture

I really like those two. They have so much to look forward to. Nice chapter.

Portia

now, THAT'S a date !

wow. I'm seriously jealous here ...

DogSig.png

This is good stuff!

erica jane's picture

Kira and Emily are such a great couple. I really like this story.

~And so it goes...

Kira and Emily are great

Kira and Emily are great together, I just hope that nothing comes along to tear them apart or cause them problems in their life.

Sometimes life makes you grow up too fast.

D. Eden's picture

It's one of the things that I think we in the LGBT community suffer more than most other people - although I know that in my case it was more about my time in the service.

And just what is normal anyway? Who defines what is normal?

It's nice that these two families have been able to come together like they have. All of us need that love and support, and many of us have to do without it.

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Normal

..is a cycle on a washing machine.

Joanna

CAIS

...is a genetic defect passed on through the female side of the family and is hereditary.. There is almost a 100% chance that Angie also has that problem.I have several friends who are affected by CAIS.

I am loving this story.

Joanna

a nice slow..

paced evening, just what they needed.
really good, thanks

Normal...

How awesome is that? Being together, the sense of belonging, love, and simple domesticity - just brilliant.

Ruh-roh, sounds like Mom is having her beliefs challenged in a very visceral way. Thank goodness she has a string husband to help her through such a trying time.

I've really been wondering about Emily's birth father... The symmetry would be poetic if he were really a transgender she. It would explain more than a little, too. Eeps! And a total shell-shock for Em's mom were she to find Kira's origins.

Feel-good-hug-myself-happy-stuff, Bailey. Thanks!

*big hugs*
Jenna

Now thats a story

This is a love and hate story that grows on you from the first chapter.
Although instrumental in the storyline at the end it doesnt matter what gender they are or were. Nice characterisation of both Emily and Kira who I would definately like to see in other stories.