Tamara's Debut - Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version
Tamara's Début - A Tommy & Tamara Story
Tamara's Début

 

Part Eight

 

by Shiraz

 

 
Sunday 23rd November Continued
 
Elsie called Thomas who gently took the bouquet from Tammy. Once he left the room, the questioning began again.

"Aunt Elsie, how much do you really know about Tammy?" Alison tried to prod her aunt for information.

"My dears, a lot more than you may think. I met Tommy before he started school, in fact he stayed here when he was five or six. I also went to most of the school plays and the inter-house rugby matches, you do know I'm on the Governing Body of the school?"

"So, Tammy's real name is Tommy?"

"No Alison, my real name is now Tamara. It was changed five days ago."

"Wow! So you're serious! How long have you lived as Tammy?"

"Full time, since last Saturday."

Alison and Andrea just sat there, uncertain what to say next, Elsie picked up the conversation.

"Tammy, I hope you don't mind but I've been keeping an eye on you, your father and I were somewhat concerned about you, starting from when you were first at the school. But, that's why you were up here, so we could make certain you were ok. I hope you don't mind me saying this but your mother didn't seem to care which school you went to, so long as it was a boarding school. As your father may have said, the Head is my brother, however, I also talk regularly with my sister-in-law, in fact they're invited for dinner tonight."

"You can't!" Tammy was getting upset.

"Tammy dear, don't worry. You were recognised last week by the Head's wife Mrs McIntosh, you don't think she was fooled, do you? She did tell me though that it wasn't until you were out of her car that she finally worked it out. You're quite a good actress."

"So the Head knows?"

"She hasn't told him yet, as far as I know. They'll be here at six so you've got all day, oh and I've invited Sarah, your father's arrival was unexpected but Richard is always welcome. Tammy, have a relaxing day, I'm sure that my nieces will help you."

"Of course we will, Aunt. Come on Tammy, let's get out of these frocks. It's a dry day so we're going for a walk, the air's much cleaner than in London."

The three went upstairs and changed into jeans, pullover and clean walking boots, downstairs they found Barbour coats and thick gloves before heading outside. The gardens backed onto over a hundred acres of land formerly fenced by the McPherson family and now partly open to the public under the Land Reform Act. The land extended to the cliff path and the three girls headed in that direction.

Thankfully, unusually for November, it was a calm day and the three could follow the path safely. After an hour they turned back, although throughout the walk Andrea and Alison had been trying to pry information from Tammy. At first she was rather reticent but eventually opened up, explaining how she seldom saw her mother and was sent to the Highlands without any apparent reason being given. Andrea wondered if anyone at school had suggested that Tom should have been a girl?

"No, not at all. Sarah was the first one who identified me as a girl then helped me with some clothes and showed me how to use make-up. It was then I knew for sure that I should have been a girl, it suited me better than being a boy."

"Did you just go to Sarah and start buying clothes? It's not the cheapest store."

"No, I just hung around looking in the window. As you know the shop's in one of the narrow lanes so few people came down there, especially at nine thirty on a Saturday morning. I was outside imagining myself in the frocks when Sarah pulled me into the shop and worked out what I was doing."

"So why did you started working for her?"

"To pay for the clothes she first gave me, although I could have easily handed over cash for them and walked away. The thing was I didn't want to let my dad know about the extra money I might be spending."

Alison took over, "but you're not exactly broke, are you?"

"No, but most of it is in trust until I finish school. I can keep what I earn during the summer when I work with my dad, but it was there to help me for the rest of the year. Fortunately I didn't spend much of it over the last four years, when I was working, so I had a few thousand available if I needed it."

"Why not spend that?"

"Because dad would have seen me spending, that's exactly what happened last Monday, I had to transfer money because I didn't have enough clothes for the week if I was going to stay as Tammy."

"Why not tell him earlier how you felt?"

"Consider this, I'm in an all boys private school and both my parents are always either out of the country or five hundred miles south of here. Even if I had told him, what could have happened? Mum would disown me, the school would kick me out and dad could get ridiculed at the bank. I'd lose my holiday job, the sponsorship as well. That was my whole life, I had nothing more, I couldn't risk it."

Andrea picked up the thread, "what's changed?"

"Circumstances and good luck I suppose. In the space of two days I was asked to play a female lead in a musical and the school was closed because of a problem in the kitchens. I could finally explore being the girl I am. That's what has changed, I'm not that shy schoolboy anymore."

"I've not seen any shyness in you Tammy, just a girl who's still finding her place in the world."

"Thanks."

"You're welcome. Now, what are we going to do about John?"

"My god, I'd forgotten about him."

"Do you like him?"

"He's a bit creepy."

"Yes, he tried to hit on us once!"

"Both of you at the same time?"

"He thought we came as a package. Obviously he forgot we were his cousins, Aunt Elsie gave him one hell of a dressing down when she found out."

"How did she find out?"

"We told her!"

The three of them laughed at that one.

"John doesn't live at the house, does he?"

"No, Aunt Elsie wouldn't let him bring his so-called girlfriends back to the house so he moved into a flat in town. She wouldn't pay for the flat either as he had moved out of his own accord, that's why he got a job at the school. Aunt Elsie put a good word in for him though."

They were now virtually back at the house so cut the conversation. A few minutes later they were warming themselves in front of the fire in the sitting room. The bouquet Tammy had caught was now in a vase, Thomas brought coffee in and they were told that lunch would be served in an hour.

Elsie joined them shortly after. "Tammy, were the girls easy on you?"

"I've had worse interrogations at school, but only just."

That earned a laugh. The three heard Michael walk into the room so that line of conversation was killed even before it began. Instead, Andrea and Alison told stories about their experiences at The London Hospital. Elsie was called away to the phone and returned a few minutes later.

"Tammy, your father managed to get an earlier flight but is flying into Aberdeen instead, he'll be here in about an hour. I've arranged for a helicopter to get him."

"Do you own a helicopter?"

"Not exactly, but we get a good rate on charters as I own shares in the company. I've told Thomas to delay lunch until one so that your father could join us. I doubt he would get any food on either flight, at least nothing worth eating!"

The conversation turned to small-talk about the town, then to fashion. Michael became uncomfortable when visits to the beautician were mentioned and made his apologies. The all giggled at his sudden departure, Tammy got the feeling it was engineered but didn't dare ask.

"Girls, John is joining us for lunch and Tammy's father won't be long, I suggest you go up and make yourselves pretty."

Andrea and Alison stood then almost dragged Tammy out of the room, up the staircase.

"Tammy, that wasn't a suggestion, it was an order, sort yourself out and freshen up. That breeze has dried your face, use moisturiser."

Tammy walked back into her room, it had obviously been cleaned as the bed had been made but now some of her personal items from Sarah's were on the dressing table. Opening the large walk-in closet she found all of her female clothing. Her few male clothes couldn't be seen, of course most were apparently still at the school. Her laptop and phone were on a desk, both on charge. Tammy checked her mobile, she found eight missed calls, they could wait.

She shed her outer clothes and stepped into the bathroom for a wash, then returned to the bedroom to re-apply her makeup. A second look through her clothes caused ten minutes of indecision before she selected a simple long skirt and sleeveless blouse, choosing a cardigan to cover her shoulders. Finally, in a pair of flat sandals she made her way downstairs, as she reached the bottom of the stairs she saw her father.

Tammy ran to him and flung her arms around her father, then started crying. He led her to the sitting room, everyone else silently left the room and the door was closed behind them. Richard Smart sat on the couch, his former son next to him. He allowed Tammy to continue crying for a few more seconds before speaking gently.

"Tammy, it's alright. I'm here for you, you're my child regardless who you are."

"Dad, I'm sorry." Tammy's voice was strained.

"Tammy, you have nothing to be sorry about. I'm the one who should be sorry."

Richard felt tears welling in his own eyes, he reached for a box of tissues that was sitting on the table and gave one to Tammy, her make-up now ruined, then took one for himself. It was another minute before they both regained their composure.

"Tammy, sit up. I want to see my daughter."

Tammy dried her eyes again, now red from her tears and black from her mascara, not that it mattered right now. She sat upright, then stood and sat down again after smoothing her skirt.

"Tammy, if you want to be my daughter then you shall be my daughter, I'd say you make a beautiful young lady. I wondered if the wedding photos Elsie emailed had been photo-shopped but now I can see they didn't do you justice."

"Thank you."

"Now, give me a kiss and go upstairs, you've messed up your face!"

Suitably chastised Tammy left the room, Alison was waiting outside and walked Tammy to her room, straight into the bathroom. Once again her make-up was cleaned off, then lightly re-applied. It was a different, more confident, Tamara Smart who returned to the sitting room, Elsie gave her a kiss as she walked in, her dad likewise. A jug of water had appeared and Tammy was handed a glass, a gong indicated the start of lunch.

Lunch was a cold platter, very much self-service. Despite the long walk Tammy wasn't feeling hungry and only took one slice of ham and a small wedge of cheese. The bread was still warm, probably baked in the kitchens. A few minutes into the lunch John walked in and took a place at the table. His eyes focused on Tammy who was sat between her father and Alison. Richard saw the look straight away. Elsie, who was to his right, whispered into his ear.

"John, I don't believe we've been introduced, I'm Richard Smart, Tammy's father."

John coughed and nearly splattered everyone with the water he was drinking. The suspicion was that Richard had timed his comments to perfection. John didn't look up for the rest of the lunch, at least not towards Tammy.

Tammy passed on the fruit tart that was offered and asked to leave the table, Alison took a look at her and ushered Tammy back to her room. Once there Alison dived into her own room and found her digital thermometer. She took Tammy's temperature and found it over a degree above normal, Tammy's pulse was also slightly higher than it should have been. Alison insisted Tammy went to the toilet then laid her on the bed.

Alison returned downstairs just as John slammed the front door. She ignored that then found Richard and Elsie, who were now talking in a corner of the sitting room.

"Aunt, who's your doctor? We need him."

"Tammy?"

"A temperature and slightly increased pulse, probably a virus but I'd want a second opinion."

"I'll get Thomas to call, there should be one on duty at the hospital, otherwise we'll get Dr Hoskins out of the Golf Club."

"Alison, is she alright? I mean what's been going on?"

Elsie, Richard and the two girls sat in a small circle near the open fire. Over the next hour Richard was given a summary of what had happened over the past week. It was clear that Elsie had spoken at length with Sarah before lunch, before sending Michael to collect Tammy's possessions. Alison said she'd spoken to Jill but, apart from confirming Tammy was her patient, hadn't managed to get anything out of her. Of course the girls, between them, now had Tammy's inner thoughts. They were careful what they gave to the group, Tammy would have to say some things to her father personally.

Richard thought for a few moments, "so, is Tammy a girl?"

"Mr Smart, Richard, your daughter is a typical eighteen year old girl who's just a little unsure of herself. she's had a sheltered upbringing, hasn't she?"

"Andrea, yes and I'm mostly responsible for that. Are you telling me however that my Tommy has become this lovely young lady in the space of a week?"

Elsie answered, "Richard, I've seen your daughter in Sarah's shop for months. That's not an act, it's natural. She has been your daughter for a very long time, years, but you didn't recognise it and I'm very sure that Tammy was too scared to tell you. I can only imagine what Tara would have said."

"Quite, perhaps it's for the best that she won't be involved in Tammy's future."

Thomas knocked and entered the room, "Doctor Hoskins has arrived."

"Thank you Thomas. Alison, would you like to take the Doctor up to Tammy. Richard, I suggest you wait here." Elsie was in her element when organising everyone.

Alison introduced herself as a nurse then led the doctor to the Rose Room. She quietly told Dr Hoskins that Tammy was likely to be transgendered and was under the care of Jill Davison. As the Doctor was nearly sixty he had his own preconceived ideas as to aware what he might see.

When he walked in the room, however, he saw a teenage girl. Tammy was still dressed but was on her side, hugging a pillow. The water next to her didn't look to have been touched. Tammy was glistening, she'd been perspiring, gently Alsion woke her. Alison felt she should intervene given that Tammy had never met the Doctor.

"Tammy, it's Alison, wake up, wake up. The doctor is here to see you."

Slowly Tammy opened her eyes. "I don't feel well."

"Tammy, my name is Dr Hoskins. Can you sit up? I need to check you and take your blood pressure."

Alison helped Tammy sit on the edge of the bed, supporting her as the doctor carried out his tests, confirming the raised temperature. He pulled out a stethoscope, lifting her top to give him access. Tammy jumped as the cold metal touched her.

"Tammy, I believe you have a mild case of the flu coupled with exhaustion. I suggest you get plenty of rest and please drink plenty of water. I want you to take Paracetamol four times a day and see me on Tuesday, as a precaution I want to take some blood."

He retrieved a cannula and three cannisters from his case, then proceeded to take three vials of blood which he labelled. Alison put cotton wool on Tammy's arm, held down by sticking plaster. The Doctor now left the room so Alison helped Tammy undress and put on her nightwear, finally returning her to bed, propped up with pillows. Alison went to her own room and retrieved some paracetamol which Tammy took, reluctantly, washed down with a glass of water. Alison re-organised the pillows so Tammy slipped down the bed then covered her up. She made sure the curtains were closed before leaving the room. Either she or Andrea would check Tammy every hour, it wasn't absolutely necessary but Elsie would insist regardless.

Downstairs the Doctor asked some questions about Tammy. her father looked around the room then spoke to the doctor.

"Doctor Hoskins, my name is Richard Smart and Tammy is my daughter. I'll be happy to answer any questions, although the girls will know more about what she's been doing this weekend."

"Can I have her details, including her birth name."

Richard gave the details then handed over a copy of the Statutory Declaration that legalised the name change.

"Mr Smart, your daughter has a mild case of the flu but she is also exhausted. I have prescribed bed rest, paracetamol and fluids, however I have taken some blood as a precaution."

He bid his farewells before heading to the hospital's path lab to drop off the blood samples, he had muttered about wanting to get back to the Golf Club before they finished serving lunch. Alison then asked what had happened with John, as she was the only one who'd missed John's departure, Elsie answered.

"As you know, Richard introduced himself to John at lunch. It seems John then recognised the surname Smart and recalled that Richard had visited the family a decade earlier, with a son."

She recounted the exchange, "you knew, you bloody knew. I've been chatting up a schoolboy, a boy from St Andrews no less. He's a faggot and you knew. I will make certain everyone knows."

"John, you'll do no such thing if you want to keep that job."

"I couldn't care less about that job, do you think I'm a fool? You were all in on it, when were you going to tell me, when?"

"John, it wasn't like that. Now calm down."

"Not likely, I'm out of this nut house."

Elsie said how he had turned and stormed out of the door, slamming it. The hallway remained had quiet until Alison had come down from Tammy's room, asking what had happened. Alison wondered what would happen next, then she saw Michael stood in the doorway, having heard Elsie recall the incident.

"Mum, everyone, are you telling me that Tammy is a boy?"

"Michael, no Tammy is a girl but we believe she is transgendered."

"Oh, she looks very nice." He looked at Richard then apologised for his comment.

"Michael, that's okay. I think my daughter looks good as well?"

"If you don't mind, what's her real name?"

"It's Tamara Smart and, yes, she is a pupil at St Andrews. The Headmaster is due here in a few hours for dinner when Tammy's future will be discussed. I'd be grateful if you didn't say anything, but since you now know what the situation is, you are welcome to listen."

"Right."

Michael wandered out of the room. Elsie saw him leave then suggested that Michael wouldn't cause any problems, "he has a few gay friends and is quite receptive to alternative lifestyles. Michael will be supportive, I know he will."

Elsie entered the study then phoned Sarah and asked her to join them a but earlier than planned. Elsie returned to the sitting room where conversation had turned to arrangements for Christmas. Elsie suggested that Richard and Tammy should stay over for the festive period, if Tammy wasn't still living elsewhere .

Sarah arrived half an hour later. Elsie immediately introduced her to Richard, her first opinion was that she found him to be a true gentleman, certainly not a hard-nosed businessman. She recounted to Richard what had happened during the week, as well as the preceding months.

"Where is Tammy?"

"She's in bed with a dose of the flu, the doctor has seen her."

"How is she now?"

"Resting, it sounds like she's had quite a weekend. Can I speak to you alone for a minute?"

Sarah and Richard walked into the study, Richard gestured that they should sit in the large leather chairs.

"Sarah, I understand you have spoken to my wife."

"I spoke once but she's also written to me enclosing a cheque from her, I haven't banked it yet."

"I suggest you don't, I've closed the account she probably used for that cheque, it's nothing that you've done. If you have any expenses then let me know and I'll sort that out. I hope you don't mind but I spoke to Elsie and we thought it best if Tammy stays here for the time being, I know you've looked after her but Elsie is a very old friend and has close connections with the school."

"If you think it's best, then I don't have a problem. Can she still help me on a Saturday?"

"I don't see why not, if Tammy still wants to."

"She's been a great help, my trade is up on days she's at the shop."

"I wanted to mention that, but can we talk later or I can come to the shop tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow might be best."

They returned to the sitting room, afternoon tea had arrived and Richard helped himself to a slice of apple tart. She made a gesture to suggest he should be watching his weight, that earned a mild giggle. Andrea excused herself and went to check on Tammy, returning a few minutes later as the girl was fast asleep.

The rest of the afternoon was spent chatting. Richard recounted stories from the bank, and incidents at the many hotels he used in Europe, the Far East and the States. The girls told of the more humorous stories from their hospital, Sarah told of Tammy's and her stories from the shop. At various times the girls took it in turn to check on Tammy.

At five, Elsie suggested they dress for dinner and sent them all upstairs. Richard's room was the far end of the corridor with a striking view towards the cliffs and the sea beyond. Richard had brought a suit with him which was now pressed ready. First, however, he took a shower; travelling can undo a morning's best efforts in the space of a few minutes.

Refreshed and clean-shaven he returned to the bedroom. several of his shirts were also now hanging, newly ironed. He opted for a Thurso Golf Club tie; he kept his membership even though he was rarely in Thurso more than once or twice a year.

Back downstairs he read the Sunday Times as the others returned to the sitting room. The girls were back in dresses, this time it was the ones they'd worn for barely an hour that morning. Sarah had brought a dress with her and had now changed into it. Richard looked at her for a few seconds before reminding himself that he was still, technically, married. Sarah noticed him but pretended otherwise.

"I just checked on Tammy, she's sleeping. I'll give her another paracetamol when she wakes."

"Thanks Alison." Richard was thankful that he had two lovely nurses available, even if they were just supposed to have just been there for the wedding. The doorbell sounded and Thomas brought the visitors to the sitting room, Elsie welcomed them.

"Anne, Steven, how good of you to come. You know most here of course, but this is Richard Smart."

"Ah, Mr Smart, you are Tom's father?"

"Please call me Richard. Yes to your question, although I'd like to talk to you about that."

"Certainly, is he joining us?"

"I'm afraid Tom is a little unwell."

"I do hope he'll make it back to school tomorrow."

"As I said, can we talk later?"

"Certainly, now shall we rejoin the ladies?"

Anne McIntosh was speaking quietly with Elsie and Sarah. They switched the conversation as Richard and Steven McIntosh approached. They were called for dinner a few minutes later. The meal itself was some of the best food Richard had eaten of late, he had started thinking several weeks earlier about coming back to the UK permanently so he could experience home cooking again, as well as to be near his son. He was now seriously considering his own and Tammy's future.

After the coffee and brandy, announcing the end of the meal, Richard took the Headmaster to the study.

"Now, Richard, what is the problem?"

"It concerns Tom as you can guess, except that's not his name any more."

"Now you're getting me confused."

"Tom is now Tamara, Tammy for short, and is living as a girl."

"I hope you are not winding me up."

"Not at all, I have the necessary legal document with me. Tammy is upstairs with the flu right now otherwise I'd let her explain it to you herself. Your wife has met her, by the way."

"She hasn't said anything to me."

"No, but she has told Elsie."

"Women!"

"If we can get back to the matter at hand?"

"Certainly."

"I take it from your earlier comment that the school re-opens tomorrow."

"Yes, we tried to phone all the students or their parents on Friday. I presume you didn't get the message?"

"No, and Tammy hasn't mentioned it to anyone. Obviously she wouldn't be fit to return to school tomorrow and she's due to see Dr Hoskins on Tuesday."

"I can understand that, but I guess are you wondering if he, she, can return to school at all." The headmaster was getting the distinct idea that his job was about to get complicated.

"Yes, obviously she only has six months left before her A Level exams so switching schools is not an option. I'm not sure she'd want to continue to board and Elsie has, in any case, offered to let her stay here."

"So you're thinking she returns as a Day student?"

"Yes, but there is another problem, isn't there?"

"Quite, as you know, St Andrews is a boys school, there are no female students. We don't have the facilities."

"Apart from access to a female restroom, I can't see that Tammy would have any particular needs."

"I hear what you're saying but I fear the Governors will want to consider the exceptional circumstances. Can you put your proposal in writing and send it to the school? I suggest that a psychological report is needed for the Governors, to make certain that he, she, is sane."

"My daughter is under Jill Davison at the Dunbar, I'll speak to Jill tomorrow and send a letter when I receive something. Shall we rejoin the others?"

Richard Smart and a bemused Steven McIntosh walked out of the study and into the Sitting Room, where the women were cackling.

"Anne, I understand you've met Tamara?"

"Yes dear, several times at Sarah's shop. Last Saturday. I spoke to Tammy at the shop then gave Tommy a lift back to the school. I made the connection after I spoke to Tommy in the car. I must say, Tammy is much more relaxed and talkative than shy Tommy, I do hope we'll have Tammy at the school, she'll be a breath of fresh air."

"We'll have to see."

up
450 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A breath of fresh air????

D. Eden's picture

More like a gale force wind of change!

I can't wait to see more - the concept of Tammy returning as the only girl at an all boys school should lend itself to immeasurable plot twists!

And then of course there's John - there's always one pompous asshole in every crowd.

Loving this story Hon!

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Thank you Shiraz,

Another lovely chapter on Tammy's transition to womanhood with the wonderful support of her father and the McPherson family.
John,the homo/transphobic who considers himself as God's gift to women has obviously got his nose out of joint and feels that he is the victim of a family conspiracy which endangers his supposed "manhood" .Plenty of idiots like him are around .

ALISON

as I read the part about her

as I read the part about her first meeting with her father, the thought that came to mind is
acceptance its a beautiful thing (no matter the subject.)
sounds like the head master will have to reign john in

One debut after another!

Great chapter. Really has me waiting for the next one.

I enjoyed the line "The headmaster had the distinct impression that his job was going to get a lot more complicated." I had to chuckle. Poor soul. Pupils; teachers; Board of Governors… in addition to his wife, his sister and the rest of the gaggle of conspiring females beyond.

Thank you.
"

Flu or onset of Menses?

No boy of 18 passes that easily, unless something else is going on. It will be interesting where this goes.

Gwen

Great chapter. I have perused

Great chapter. I have perused my crystal ball, and found it to say that Tammy will be the first of many female students to be attending the all new co-educational school commonly known at St. Andrews. I would bet that there are many young ladies in the area that have wanted to attend that school, but were not able to do so, because it was an all boys school. In the words of a famous 60's 'radical' song,"The times they are a-changing." Janice Lynn

They Should Contact Penmarris

joannebarbarella's picture

At the opposite end of the country they have lots of experience in these situations!

Somehow I don't think there will be a great deal of resistance to Tammy attending as a day-girl. I'm sure a convincing cover-story could be contrived for why she should go there. John, of course, will be the fly in the ointment but there will be ways of neutralising his poison.

I think Tammy's secret is out

well and proper. It only takes one a$$hole, and John has volunteered for the job even before he knew.

It does begin to sound like like Tammy has some endocrine problems, lucky girl.

yep

TheCropredyKid's picture

John's a problem.

===============

Personally, if my doctor tried to prescribe acetaminophen (US name for paracetamol), i'd ask for a different prescription or refuse to take the stuff. It can be deadly mixed with alcohol, and, at one time at least, the UK Pharmacopoeia listed the LD50 (dosage that will kill 50% of the people who take it) at only twice the maximum therapeutic dose.

(Actually, my doctor already knows i have this ridiculous little crotchet.)

 
 
 
x

The bag's been untied

Jamie Lee's picture

Worried about being found out, all the activities of the weekend, alcohol on an empty stomach, it's hardly surprising Tammy caught the flu bug. Her immune system wasn't working full tilt due to her being exhausted.

John getting upset in finding out about Tammy is his own fault. He was the one rushing to be with her. He didn't bother to learn very much about her. And, he hates that which doesn't meet his standards. That he said he'd make sure others knew could get his butt in the fire with Elise. He may not live in the house but that doesn't mean Elise doesn't have pull elsewhere. It's possible she could make his life a living hell if she chose. If John goes through with his threat it would prove to the family, and others, how much of a dirt bag he really is.

Richard Smart can be a force to reckon with, judging by his short conversation with the Headmaster. When he's on topic he expects others to stay on topic, and isn't shy in getting the other person back on topic.

Richard sees how much he missed of Tom's/Tammy's life by being away so much. Even so, he had help with keeping an eye on Tammy be way of Elise. And she did it without giving herself away. Richard has a real friend with her.

Sarah has eyes for Richard? Wonder if she will pursue those feelings after the divorce is final?

Others have feelings too.

Sarah

As nice as that might be, I cant see it. Maybe Elise and Richard. Bet they open to girls on a day basis. It might solve a lot of problems at the school if only as an influx of tuition. Especially with the voices that can be gathered for the board. Who knows what o bunch of chauvinist good ole boy Scotsmen might be set on their ears!