Take Three Girls Part 17

Printer-friendly version
Take three Mk 1.jpg

Take Three Girls


Take Three Girls Part 17

Take Three Girls. This is about 2 girls and one woman (myself) and their very different route to become the women they knew they should be. It was going to be called Take Two Girls, but an on line friend (she knows who she is) and the girls bullied me into the name change. Some poetic licence has been used to help the flow of the story but not very much.

This is the penultimate part of the story and will take us from 2009 to when the girls began their new life in.
The next part (18) really tidies up loose ends and brings the story right up to the present day October 2014.

****************************

We spent Christmas Day with Jan and her family. Jan was a lot better physically fully recovered but mentally that would take some time.
However her and the whole family were ready for Kate to move into her new home.
Kate got loads of very appropriate Christmas presents scent, jewellery, clothes everything a girl needs.

Rhona and Kate headed off to hang things up and listen to music Tony and his dad went out for a drink leaving Jan and I to talk.(Plus my dogs and Jan’s cats)
Jan said to me, “You have done a really good job in normalising Kate after the death of her mum.”
Smiling fondly I told Jan, “Love, you’ll find that young Kate is a remarkable person. True I have been there for her but it’s her strength of character and determination that has made the difference.”

We discussed Kate’s work and her excellent grades at school when she takes her GCSE’s next year (2010) she was expected to get good grades. We also talked about Kate’s forthcoming treatment Jan looked at me and told me, “Avril I want you to guide Kate through the next few years!”

That came like a bolt from the blue, as I’d expected Jan would want to take this responsibility.
I was about to argue when Jan held her hand up stopping me declaring, “Look Avril you know what she is facing far better than I do. Sure I’ll be there for her and be involved but I am asking you as my friend and Kate’s friend to please do this for us!”
What could I do? I accepted secretly I was happy to do this to see Kate through into womanhood.

We carried on sipping our wine. Rhona and Kate came back down stairs and joined us.
All four of us sat there sipping our wine and having a really good girley afternoon/evening recounting our trip to the moors where we nearly met our end.

Finally about ten in the evening we walked through the silent streets home.
Kate put her arm around me as we walked and said, “I love you aunty Av you have always understood me and always been there for me – will you be there when ....... well you know.”

I put my arm around her shoulders saying, “I’ll be with you every step of the way sweetheart.” Kate snuggled into me murmuring, “Good, I’m glad”

New Year arrived, Kate and I spent it with her brothers. Carl and I had drifted apart amicably we were still really good friends.
Wayne had been to court and had pleaded guilty with extenuating circumstances. The judge had sentenced him to the minimum possible suspended for 6 months.

When sentencing the judge said something along these lines (I don’t do judge speak) ‘I have to pass a sentence on you but if it was in my power I would discharge you young man as your actions did in all probability save others from more serious injury’.

Kate’s dad was in court in February and could expect a long custodial sentence.
New Years day and five of us (Kate her 3 brothers and me) plus the dogs traipsed up to Top Withens. While there was lying snow it was a bright and clear winter’s day.
Once there Helens family paid respects to her and once again Kate laid a small posy of flowers close by the ruins.

Then we drove back to the city and spent the rest of the day packing Kate’s possessions and moving her to her new home.
Kate and Rhona sorted out Kate’s new bedroom between them Mr & Mrs Pook, Floppy and Pink Tail got pride of place along with sundry other fluffy toys she had amassed.
Finally she was installed and I took my leave. Kate clung to me telling me that she’d come and see me regularly (and the dogs). Jan commented, “You better had young lady or Avril and the dogs will get lonely!” “Oh I will, I will, I will” Kate promised I must admit it was a wrench but it was all for the best.

Mid January I received a phone call from a very excited Victoria who asked if we could meet.
Meeting her in town Tori was literally bouncing with excitement and informed me, “It’s finally happened Avril I’ve had my first injection.

This is when Victoria told me about her medical condition, apparently it was detected shortly after birth and her doctor realised that the streak gonads were very dangerous so her parents had them removed so Tori could grow up without the danger from Cancer hanging over her.
BUT for reasons best known to themselves her parents had never revealed this to anyone and had raised Tori as a boy until that fateful day!

She gave me a huge hug and a kiss! I was really happy for her but I had to set the record straight, “Victoria all I did was give advice – really it’s your mum and dad that deserve praise even though they should have acted differently once they realised that you saw yourself a girl they backed you 100%

I realised that Tori was still speaking “Sorry” I said, “Victoria I was miles away could you repeat that?”
“Oh Avril” she said rolling her eyes, “I said yes I know I’ve been very lucky with mum and dad but you are the one who told them what to do made them see sense! You are the only person I talk to who really understands me.”

I gave her a playful punch on the arm telling her, “Please shut up or you’ll make me big headed – now shall we shop!” “You bet” she said happily.

Things finally settled down hopefully all of Kate’s troubles were behind her. In February Kate’s dad was sentenced to 14 years for manslaughter 5 for ABH and 5 for Child Abuse. The judge called him a pathetic specimen and put a tariff of 12 years before he can apply for parole.
He got such a long sentence’s as the idiot had pleaded Not Guilty!

On Kate’s 16th birthday I took her to the doctors for her first hormone injection, in the weeks leading up to this she had undergone more psychological examination to make sure she was certain about the steps she was taking.

Kate had an injection to start things of then daily pills progestin and estrogen.
Now I’m no doctor so it’s very likely I missed a lot of what they were telling me as doctors tend to class the general human race as being on the same plane of existence as they were – in other words blinding the peasants with big words and acronyms!

Further test had revealed that Kate had a very complex intersex condition also a quite rare one. She had all the internal plumbing of a woman minus the ovaries.
These were what are classed as streak gonads that are extremely prone to turning cancerous. What we thought of, as her penis was in fact an enlarged clitoris. When questioned it turned out that she had always sat to urinate! No one had ever seen her urinate her nor asked her.

In short she had; health wise been very, very, very lucky. However gonads cannot produce estrogen or progesterone. Now she was taking these hormones her operation is vital.
So it was scheduled in luckily it was after the school prom. The reason for this was because she had to undergo a battery of tests to ensure that these streak gonads had not produced any abnormal cell mutations.

She simply couldn’t wait for her operation; which was scheduled for August. In the June she sat her exams and in the July attended the school prom – when I saw her in her prom dress hair carefully styled by Ruth her make-up perfect I cried! I couldn’t help it and I was in good company as Jan sobbed away with me both of us thinking about the first time we had met the ‘little urchin’ and how far she had travelled.

Finally the time came for her operation Jan and myself went to the hospital with her and Jan signed all the consent forms. The surgeon explained to us again all about the operation how they were going to remove the streak gonads reduce the size of her clitoris and ensure that what was actually there matched up with the scans.
The prognosis for Kate was good. I must admit I still didn’t fully understand exactly what he was talking about.

Kate had her pre-med then shortly after a drowsy Kate was wheeled away for the operation.

Five hours later and she was back in bed drips in and lines out. The steady beep of the monitor was the background noise. Jan and I sat by her waiting for her to fully come around. Slowly she shook off the drowsiness and her eyes could stay open and focus.

She looked at Jan and I and asked, “Have they gone? Am I?” I nodded telling her,
I told her “Yes everything went really well.” Jan added, “Now sleep sweetheart you’re going to need your strength.”

After the operation Kate went from strength to strength it was like a great weight had been lifted from her.

As a girl she blossomed her hips widened and her bum became very feminine her breast went from an A cup to a bountiful B cup her waist nipped in and her legs acquired that slight covering of fat to give her gorgeous legs Her Auburn hair was glossy and thick with a slight natural wave.

In truth she had gone from a pretty teenager to a stunning young lady. She was 5’ 7” tall 34 - 24 – 36; wavy auburn hair and a gorgeous creamy complexion her lips became full and she had a cute nose but above all her eyes those piercing green eyes once seen never forgotten.

And as the icing on the cake her exam results were enough to get her a place at college on a hair dressing and beauty course she wanted and Ruth was willing to take her on as an apprentice!

Victoria had also blossomed her hormone regime had produced amazing changes in her. She had always been willowy and slender; now she was super model material 5’ 9” tall with a 34 -22 – 34 perfect figure.
Pert A cup breasts the cutest bubble butt you have ever seen long shapely legs blonde hair cascading to below her shoulder blades where Kate was stunning Victoria was a league ahead she was spectacularly pretty but she was a very clever girl.

Her exam results gave her 12 passes A* she could go to any university in the country but there was the small matter of her operation.
Now everyone was aware that her streak gonads had been removed her operation was not as vital as Kate’s. But from what I gathered Victoria’s condition was very similar to Kate’s!
Victoria’s operation took place on her17th birthday.
After the operation I went to visit her in London and she looked serene, that is the only way to describe the look on her face.
When we were alone she looked at me and burst into tears, “Oh Avril” she sobbed, “It’s all over now I’m who I should have been.” I hugged her and told her sincerely, “You certainly are love and you look stunning I am so proud of you and I’m privileged to have been a small part in your life.”

She looked alarmed exclaiming, “Please don’t leave me now, you’re a friend a real friend. Please say we’ll still see each other!”
I smiled fondly at her telling her, “Tori you’re a young woman now you have your own friends surely you don’t want an old woman like me as a friend.” “Oh but I do Avril you have helped me and supported me you are a true friend – please don’t leave me! And you’re not old!”
As she was getting worked up I promised her that I’d be there for as long as she needed me – which satisfied her.

Always a Woman

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What a turn up!

Rhona McCloud's picture

Lots of similarities between Kate and Victoria then but also clearly two very, very lucky girls. What used to be classified as Turner syndrome often has all sorts of unpleasant side effects which these girls have clearly avoided. Big hug for the three of you after surgery which reminded me of my own tears of relief

Rhona McCloud

It all Pulls Together

Christina H's picture

Hi Rhona

Kate in particular was very lucky as she kept the streak gonads until she was 16! In truth the chance of this happening with no signs of cancer is minute - but she was due some good luck.
In the final chapter everything pulls nicely together and the story finishes October this year.

Christina

Just thanks

Dahlia's picture

I've loved every word of this tale. Thanks you for the time you spend in writing for us simple readers. I always feel that I'm a mooch when I contribute nothing.

Dahlia

Wow

The Girls have been through so much and are now so happy. What a journey and so lucky to have some one with them who understands. I can only wish. Awesome story.

MICKIE