Eve - Chapter 34

Printer-friendly version
Eve  

Chapter 34
(Revised)

 

Simon Jones is Eve Jones. But she didn't know.

 

 
Previously:

Eve's mum, Debbie, is home from hospital, promises have been made about being open with each other. Debbie now knows Eve and Claire have been sleeping together, and she finally got her chilli three days late.

Now the story continues.
 
 
Eve Chapter 34
 
 
Sunday 11th October

I woke at eight and rolled over, coming face to face with a wide smile.

"Are you happy, Claire, or is that just wind?"

I hopped quickly out of bed, but a little too slow as the slap caught my rear end. I dashed to the bathroom, that extra hour in bed had filled my bladder, which now needed urgent attention. Claire walked in as I was washing my hands. I held my hands up.

"I withdraw my last remark."

"Not likely, you've been a naughty girl, Eve."

She finished her own business then pulled me back to my bedroom, closing the door. I can't say what we did, but it was fun. We finally appeared in the kitchen just before nine. Claire's hair was a mess, mine was a little ragged.

"Hey girl, look at that growth up there. I'd say it's due for a tidy up."

"Claire, I think you're right. I'll take Eve to the salon next week, if we can fit it into our busy schedule!"

We had a low fat yoghurt and a banana with our OJ, way too healthy if you ask me. Claire and I headed up to the shower and worked out we could just fit in it together, but washing was not easy. By ten we were finally decent and back downstairs.

"Girls, it's a good job the shops don't open before ten on a Sunday or you'd have missed a few hours of essential retail therapy; grab your bags as we're leaving!"

We flew outside and climbed into mum's car. Our first stop was the huge retail park fifteen miles away, we hadn't been here for months and new stores seemed to open all the time. Mum said she wanted to go and look at some carpets, Claire and I weren't impressed so headed to the electrical warehouse on the far side of the park, hand in hand. The walk would do us good, I thought.

Of course, when you're supposed to only use the marked walkways that means that you can't take a direct route and it took longer than expected. The sun had come out and the day was warming nicely, I regretted putting on a heavy jacket, it should have been left in the car. Too late now to worry about it.

We were looking at the range of netbooks when a spotty faced salesman walked up to us, ending up virtually touching me.

"Hello girls, there's a wide choice, I think you could do with some assistance."

"No thank you. We can manage this by ourselves."

"I'm quite happy to help two lovely girls, do you live near here? If I can have your details we will add your to the mailing list for future offers."

Claire was not happy, "I think my girlfriend and I have had enough of you already, goodbye." She grabbed my hand again and we walked straight past him then out of the store. We stopped outside not knowing where to head next as Plan A had failed; then a woman walked out of the store and straight to us, her badge identified her as the duty manager.

"Ladies, I'm sorry, there seems to have been a problem?"

"Yes, I'm afraid your member of staff was intent on getting into our knickers."

"I suspected something similar and I believe this wasn't the first time, I've sent him to my office to wait for me. Could I tempt you back with a discount by way of an apology?"

Knowing that there wasn't another laptop retailer on this site, Claire looked at me and we silently accepted the apology. We linked arms and walked back inside, the blast of cool from the AC unit was lovely after that spell outside. She led us back to the display and asked what we wanted to use the laptop for.

"School work mainly but I want something that won't be out of date next week."

She pointed at a range of netbooks that were priced over £300. I settled on a model with decent memory and a quad core processor for just under £400. Not one of the cheapest by a long way, but it looked like good value.

"Did you know that was available in four colours?"

"No, do you have pink?"

"Sorry, no, but will raspberry do?"

"Yes please."

"I'll bring it to you at the cash desk. Do you need a printer?"

"I have one already, why?"

"I'll throw in a colour all-in-one if you like, for free."

My old mono printer needed a new ink cartridge soon and the scanner had recently developed a fault so this was an offer I couldn't refuse. She went away to the storeroom and returned a couple of minutes later carrying a box. Another member of staff was carrying a bigger box that had 'HP' emblazoned on the side. The manager scanned the boxes and took my details for the warranties. I proudly handed over my debit card and punched my PIN into the keypad. This was the first time I'd ever used it.

"Would you like a hand with these to your car?"

"We're parked right over the other side by the carpet store. Can we collect them in an while?"

"Certainly."

We walked out, holding hands. I felt empowered by the simple act of buying a laptop, had I behaved in an adult fashion? We were walking towards the car but I spotted some signs in the windows of a jewelry store, they had a sale on. I stopped outside and asked Claire a simple four word question. The staff were brilliant, within fifteen minutes both Claire and I were both wearing engagement rings.

My phone rang, breaking up a wonderful moment in the sunshine. Today had a special feel to it, I hoped that it stayed that way.

"Eve, where are you?"

"Mum, I'm in heaven."

"I don't know a shop called Heaven here, is it a new one?"

"No Mum, not a shop, I just proposed to Claire."

I heard a scream and looked that direction, Mum was stood by the car with other shoppers staring at her. I grabbed Claire and we ran towards her. She left her shopping on the ground and ran to meet us. We simply held up our hands, letting her see the single diamonds. I got a look that questioned my sanity, but nothing was said, she hugged us then some sense took over.

"Girls, can you help me get this stuff into the car. Are you both done?"

"We still have to collect my laptop."

"Just how much have you spent young lady? No, don't answer that, I've had one shock already and it's not lunchtime yet."

Mum thought we were finished, but I wasn't quite done. I pulled Claire towards a clothing store and headed for the frock section. We chose some little black dresses, then moved to the lingerie department. I asked if I could be measured.

Five minutes later the saleswoman told me I was a perfect B cup, Claire grabbed me and gave me a soppy kiss, the saleswoman showed no surprise. She then saw the matching rings.

"Engaged?"

"Today."

"That's lovely. What do you need in here?"

"Something sexy to wear under our LBD's."

We went around the racks and chose a few bras and matching knickers, we definitely had separate tastes. Mum caught up as we reached the cash desk, I handed over my card.

"No you don't young lady. This is my treat."

Mum paid for the undies, the receipt showed a discount of 15%. We finally returned to the car then drove across the park to retrieve my computer and printer. There was now an envelope taped to the computer box, it contained a discount voucher valid until the end of the year worth 10% off anything. This was a brilliant day, spotty-faced salesmen aside.

We stopped at the hypermarket and walked up to the mezzanine coffee shop, where we had a bite of lunch. Mum wanted to know what had been said, by whom. She then asked the burning question.

"Why?"

"It felt right."

"But you're both sixteen."

"Not for long."

She sighed defeat on that argument point. "I suppose you'll want a party?"

"Just having Claire here is enough." She pulled me close and whispered something in my ear before giving me a little kiss on the cheek. The moment was perfect, I dared anyone to ruin that.

We had finished our lunch when there was a noise below us, near the store entrance. I looked around and down to see David Stevens Senior hitting a security guard, his son was on the floor, trying to crawl away.

up
284 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Eek! Call the Police.

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

As for the rest, Nice!

>i< ..:::

"It felt right."

giggles.

And then, cliff hanger strikes again!

DogSig.png

Not David again !

Eek. The funny thing is I know a bloke named David Stevens and he is one of the nicest gay guys I know. :)

Oh, I get it, it's his alter ego.

Gwen

So now Senior can be arrested

So now Senior can be arrested for assault and battery charges to add to all his other stupidity. If he is out on bail or been OR'd or PR'd (own recognition) (personal recognition); then he has definitely bought the 'e-ticket ride' (very old Disneyland system 1950s-60s, of paying for rides) when it comes to court and what the judge will hand him in sentencing. I am basing my comments on American courts, as I do not know how the courts in the UK would look at this.

The Stevens family

They just can't help themselves, can they?!

At this rate, both Derek and David will be finding themselves behind bars (and I don't mean the publican kind!) - even more so if they skip their next court appearance.


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!