For Friends and Family Part 10

Printer-friendly version


For Friends and Family Part 10 – Going Public

Nicky and Amy.jpg

For Friends and Family. Andy is looking for a new challenge, his current girlfriends sister has suffered a nervous break down, Andy is very similar in both size and looks, agrees to be changed into a Nichola look alike.
This is a dream for Andy who has a secret desire to live and work as a woman. In this chapter after Amy comes out of hospital Nichola gets a phone call that means she has to go public earlier than was expected. And Amy and the new Nichola have a truth discussion.

The trip in the ambulance seemed to go on for an age. Amy was periodically being sick - well trying to be but just dry heaving; the paramedic asked “Exactly how much mustard and water did you give her?” Desperately thinking I replied “about a pint – I think; why did I do wrong?”
He grinned and said with a chuckle, “No you what you did was right it’s just that usually you only give a small cup full! You were determined to clean her out wasn’t you?”
“Well” I said weakly, “She is my sister and I do love her”. He smiled, “I can tell that love. At least she’s got someone who loves her a lot of attempted suicides we pick up don’t have anyone; what they have done is a cry for help.”
This got me thinking about Mum and Dad, what should I tell them when should I tell them or do they have enough with Nichola at the moment without Amy screwing up their lives even more.

As we pulled into Kings where we were met by a nurse and took straight into a cubical where Amy was handed over to the A & E staff.
I sat and watched while they flushed her stomach contents out, not that there was a right lot left but apparently there was enough residue of the pills she had taken.
A doctor came to talk to me and I was very relieved when he told me that my quick thinking had prevented any serious lasting damage being done.
I was told I could go and talk to her but they were keeping her in overnight in case of any unforeseen complications.

As I spoke to him I apologised for Amy saying that I don’t know what had caused this that she was usually the stronger of the two of us. I was just happy that I had finished at the hairdressers a lot earlier than I had told Amy.
He patted me on the shoulder and told me, “Well done, you could well have saved her life.”
I smiled weakly and told him, “It was done in blind panic to be honest”. He chuckled and told me, “It doesn’t matter how it was done it was the right thing to do – now go and comfort your sister she’ll be feeling rotten, sore and feeling sorry for herself.” A bit heard heartedly I muttered; “Serve’s her right”.

But when I saw her my heart melted, she looked crap, pale and covered in vomit. The nurses had cleaned her up but they could only do so much.
She looked at me with those big blue eyes, very bloodshot smiled wanly and said “I’ve been stupid haven’t I?”
Looking at her my heart melted but I remained firm answering, “Yes you have, and you’ve been selfish also self centred.” I was not shouting but the anger in my voice was palpable. She looked miserable and cowed.
I carried on; “Whatever is mum and dad going to say with what they’ve got enough on their plate already without a stupid selfish, self centred daughter as well.”
“Oh god” she said, “I wasn’t thinking what have you told mum and dad?” I stared at her and snapped, “Nothing! I was going to leave that to you!” I didn’t mean to sound so hard but I was so angry and afraid I just couldn’t hold back.

She just looked at me and piteously asked, “Don’t hate me I’m so, so sorry what must I do to make you like me again”.
I sighed and sat down I took her hand and rubbed it against my cheek wetting it with my tears.
Occasionally I kissed her hand. “Nicky, Nicky” she whispered, “please answer me”.
I looked at her with tears streaming down my cheeks. “Amy” I started between sobs “I’ve always liked you I love you and before you start I love you as a sister! What YOU have to do is promise me that you will never, never, ever do anything like that again please sweetheart if you ever get that low again let’s talk it through”.
She started crying with me and hoarsely whispered, “I promise, I honestly promise I cannot apologise enough as God’s my judge I’ll never do anything like this again”.
I took her hand and quietly told her, “That’s all I need to know Amy. Now lets forget it and concentrate on getting you better”.
We both managed to stop crying now everything was in the open then suddenly she said, “Oh I love your hair, it’s gorgeous really suits you”.

That got us back onto safer ground I told her that they were going to keep her in overnight, and then all being well she would be released. I stayed with her until she was settled onto a ward then stayed for a while. Getting a cab home about eight in the evening saying I would see her tomorrow.

It was about nine when I got home opened the door and the stench was horrible, sighing I took my coat off got some rubber gloves; a bucket of hot water and disinfectant and started cleaning up the mess.
I had been at it about an hour when my i-phone rang. Amy I thought as I rushed to answer it, but it was Gwen the hypnotherapist who initially ‘planted’ the subconscious suggestions in my mind.
These had worked really well, so I assumed that she had called to see how I was doing which to start with this is what we discussed; anything else I needed reinforcing and stuff like that at present I was really happy the way the hypnotic suggestions were working, making me act like a true woman.

Then she said to me “Chloe phoned me earlier” “Oh” I said, she continued “Nichola, don’t worry she told me about the sensations you are experiencing during sex” “It was only one night!” I protested!
I could hear the laughter in her voice as she said; “Nicky, it’s great that you feel confident enough to have sexual relations. Now back to these feelings you are having I am afraid that I am to blame for these!” “Eh How, why” I stammered.
She continued “I had to make you completely comfortable with your new life as a woman, so to assist you during sex I planted the suggestion that while you were having sex any sensations you feel around your genitalia is magnified.” I gasped in shock and amazement “b, b, but how long will it last?”
Gwen chuckled, “As long as you want it to – if you want me to remove the suggestion I’ll do it tomorrow.”
I didn’t even need to think “No, no it’s fine, the feelings are amazing’ thanks for telling me all this, but what about my nipples”

“Nipples?” Gwen repeated with a question in her voice, “What about your nipples”
“Well” I explained, “My nipples are very sensitive during sex, and I can’t figure out why”
She was silent for a minute and finally said, “I can assure you Nichola that is nothing to do with me I would suggest that the feelings are purely yours combined with the hormones you are on, these feeling are all yours girl”
“WOW was all I could say.
We spoke for a while longer then said out good byes I looked at the mess there was still to clean shrugged my shoulders. Muttered a very ladylike “bollocks to it” and went to bed Amy can clean what’s left of the mess up when she get’s home tomorrow.

Surprisingly I slept really well considering what had happened I must have been tired out.
I was having breakfast when mum phoned to see how we both were I felt terrible lying but I told her that Amy had eaten something that had disagreed with her and was at the chemists to get something for an upset stomach.
Mum asked if we were still going home on Saturday morning and did I still want to see Nichola? “Of course I do mum, I promised - I’ll do it though I must admit I am somewhat afraid of Nicholas reaction to seeing herself!”
Mum replied, from what we have seen, there should be no problems, anyhow; tell that other daughter of mine to take care and phone me when she feels better.
We said our good byes and hung up, I finished my breakfast, looked distastefully at the remaining mess from yesterday and went and got ready for the day.
I was strange how getting ready for the day was a reassuring thing in just a few short weeks my female routine was second nature, except now when I brushed my hair I felt the pull of the brush on my scalp it felt strange at first but as I slowly brushed my hair it became soothing.

Jeans and a fine knit pullover was the dress today. I packed a full set of clothes for Amy and set off to the hospital.
I got there after ten and she was ready to go home, her face lit up when she saw me. We kissed and I passed her the change of clothes. And once the curtains had been pulled around the bed she got dressed.
She put the soiled clothing into a plastic carrier and I commented, “Some more housework to keep you busy” smiling she looked at me and asked, “What do you mean?” I told her about the mess and cleaning some of it up, but I got distracted by a phone call so decided to leave the rest”. “Gee thank” she said.
With a big Grin on my face I answered “my pleasure it’s your mess dear sister!”

We got a taxi home and I told her mum had phoned. Amy looked worried and asked me, “What did you tell her Nicky” I scowled and said, “I didn’t like lying to mum so all I said was you had eaten something that had disagreed with you”.
She looked relieved and quietly said, “Thanks sis I’m so sorry I have put you through all this”.
A bit sharply I snapped, “Amy MacKinnon, if you say sorry one more time I’m going to knock your block off it’s over; finished; done! Now either you tell mum and break her or we both keep quiet! Make your mind up!”

The rest of the drive home passed in silence then my i-phone rang, it was work, as I answered it I wondered what was coming now.
They apologised for disturbing me on my official holiday but could I go into the office tomorrow for a meeting. I was to meet Fiona (HR) and she would brief me about the meeting.
Dr. Wilhelm Schmitt who was the Global head of procurement and someone I would be working closely with was chairing the meeting also there were my new boss Global Head of R & D and some others over from the States.

I had to give them the presentation on my vision for R & D in the future well when I say my presentation it was Nichola’s work which I had read many times and had finished off for her as she had been taken ill while doing this.
When I hung up I had agreed to be there tomorrow at ten in the morning. As for the actual meeting I only vaguely knew the main players at the meeting except for Charles Winton who was global head of R & D and my new boss.
However there were bound to be secretaries and other managers there. In truth I knew it had to come sometime, but this was a bit fast.

I must have looked ashen as I stopped the call. Amy asked; “Whatever’s the matter Nicky?” When I told her she looked very concerned and asked, “How do you feel? Do you think you’re ready?”
I shrugged my shoulders and sighed, “Well we both know it had to come! It’s just a bit sooner that I expected after all I’ve got to appear in public sometime”.
She squeezed my arm in sympathy I looked at her and said, “Do you remember that we were going to talk yesterday” she nodded, I carried on “Well its important that we do this afternoon and listen up Amy MacKinnon we are going to be horribly truthful to each other! Warts and all OK!”
She looked serious, “I promise I’ll be as honest as I can Nicky” “Not good enough Amy total honesty” I told her “Otherwise we can forget about everything!” I left her thinking about that

Finally we arrived home the traffic was horrendous which is why it took so long. We went up to the apartment and I deliberately let her go in first her delicate nose wrinkled, “Pooh what a stink” she commented. I grinned and said, “You should have been here to smell it last night - and it’s all yours dear sister, all yours!”

Amy grimaced while I went and read up all the information on Nichola’s computer memorising all the information I would need (I think) for the following day.
Two things helped here, Nichola’s obsession with making notes and writing everything down. Also she was extremely methodical in all things to do with her work. The second thing was my nearly photographic memory which made my life a lot easier.

After about four hours work I felt the pangs of hunger and went through to the lounge Amy was still trying to get the tinge of yellow out of the carpet. As for the rest of the room she had done really well and the place smelled sweet again.
“Good Grief Amy, you’ve done wonder’s, the place looks great!” She grinned looking more her normal self, “I must admit it took some doing but to get your praise it’s been worth it”.

I sighed, “Amy, stop grovelling the past is over – I’m hungry what about you?”
She smiled and replied, “Ravenous but my throat’s a bit sore where they put the tube for pumping my stomach”.
“Serve’s you right I grinned but I got some soup on Monday how about that and crusty bread?” Then I remembered, “Sorry I’ll have crusty bread you’ll have to soak yours”.
She threw a cloth at me and I realised we were nearly back to normal. I heated the soup and cut the bread poured some fruit juice for us and we sat at the table the coffee percolator was bubbling away.

“Amy” I started, “Let’s talk and then we can get on with our lives” “Ok” she agreed.
“Can I say something?” She asked. I smiled at her replying, “Be my guest but only the truth now – OK!” She nodded and took a deep breath, “I spent the night thinking” she began, “About us about Guy and about what you are doing for the family. I know what I did yesterday was unforgivable. The old you would be disgusted with me and I think Guy would feel the same! You were right Mum and Dad would be devastated but the ‘new you’ reacted differently yes you were furious but you seemed to be furious because of the hurt I was causing – why did you react like this?”

I thought for a second then responded; “When you told me yesterday about Guy and yourself I admit I was devastated and wondered why I had put myself through the operations the changes when you never really loved me.”
Amy sobbed so I said, “No crying, this is the truth and sometimes the truth hurts” she nodded and managed to stifle her sobs.
I carried on, “After I had cried myself out. Also at the hairdressers yesterday I had a lot of time to think and realised that I never loved you. Yes in a male /female way I loved you as a friend and a person if you see what I mean” she nodded.
“So this made the breakup easier to handle I mean, I wasn’t even jealous when you went to bed with Guy so that should have made me think.”

I paused for breath watching how she was taking all this the hardest was yet to come. I had a sip of fruit juice and continued; “The reason I reacted as I did was that now I’m a different person. I see myself as your sister and mum and dad as surrogate parents. I’ve more female hormones in me than male so last night I reacted as a sister would which in truth is what I am!” She nodded and asked; “So what are you going to do now?”
I looked at her and answered, “Now, I have decided to continue as Nichola, because over the past few weeks I have found out I love being Nichola now I’m not doing it wholly for you I’m doing it for ME! For mum and dad and also Nichola in the hope that she’ll recover and resume her career. I’m not doing this for any high minded reasons I’m doing this because I have found out that I actually love being a girl!”

There I’d said it, it was out in the open I loved my new life. Amy looked seriously at me and asked in a quiet voice, “If Nicky does recover what will you do? Will you remain a girl? Have the operation to make you a girl or what?”
I smiled at her and replied, “I know it total truth we are doing but you have to believe me at this time I don’t know about the operation but I will be living as a girl!”
We sat in silence finishing off our rapidly cooling soup. Amy went and poured us coffee. When she put mine on the table she asked in a small voice, “Can we start again forget yesterday existed?” I put my arms around her waist and hugged her to me she slid to her knees and hugged me back holding tightly onto me sobbing. I managed to say; “Yes Oh yes, I want that more than anything” we collapsed in each other’s arms sobbing. It was a highly emotionally charged discussion we had just had and now the raw emotion was being released.

Eventually we sorted ourselves out and tidied up. Amy then had me revising everything that might help me tomorrow showing me pictures of colleagues; making me tell her everything I knew about them; the company structure everything! Finally about four in the afternoon I had her phone her place of work to tell them she could return to work for a couple of weeks then if possible have a week off (New York) as the family crisis had resolved itself.
The were quite happy for her to return to work tomorrow so she would have something to keep her busy and stop her brooding.
We had a very quiet night, sitting snuggled together at peace with each other a bridge had been crossed and we were on the other side of our lives.
It was in the open that I enjoyed being a woman and I felt a lot easier with myself now I was not living a lie.
We went to bed early as we both were at work tomorrow. I did my night time routine with the addition of brushing my hair 100 times. This was wonderfully calming sitting there looking in the mirror brushing my long chestnut hair in my dark green satin strappy nightdress I wondered what tomorrow will bring.

The alarm went off at seven thirty. Amy was already up getting ready for work. I slipped into my wrap cleaned my teeth then went to the kitchen Amy was eating her breakfast fully dressed in a cream business suit her skirt just above knee height bronze blouse brown 4” heeled pumps, there was a matching hand bag on the counter.
As I sat down I kissed her on the cheek, wishing her good morning. I got my cereal and toast, I sat opposite and she asked me, “How do you feel Nicky?” I grinned ruefully saying, “the butterflies in my stomach are the size of eagles! But I’ve got to go ready or not! After all I look the part; sound the part and I am wearing Nichola’s clothes and after all women change slightly - so why not Nichola?”
Amy smiled and said, “Indeed, that’s the magic of us women right sweetheart I’ll have to get going the best of luck” she kissed me and slipped into a camel silk/wool winter coat picked up her handbag and left me alone.

I sat and finished my breakfast then went to get ready for the day. I continued with my morning routine. Then it was to my wardrobe to decide which of the many skirt suits I would choose.
After a while I decided on a deep green suit single button on the jacket my skirt about an inch above the knee, nude stockings coupled with a cream silk blouse with pearl buttons and ¾ sleeves the neckline showed a decent view of my cleavage but not too much. Shoes were black pumps with a 2” kitten heel.
My outer coat was a cream wrap around down to just below my knees satin lined with a black fur collar black shoulder bag and my laptop in a feminine black brief case with a long strap.

I tied my long hair back with a ribbon that matched my suit’s dark green applied my day make-up and dressed.
As I finished I checked in the mirror seeing a well dressed career girl professional but sexy in a very understated way.
I checked that I had my ID card to get access to the office building all my usual stuff was in my handbag. Then I slipped into my coat snuggled into the fur collar, handbag on one shoulder brief case on the other then it was off to the tube to go to work – god I was terrified!

I got to the office for nine thirty slipped my ID over my neck and taking a deep breath I buzzed the door open.
The reception deck was in front of me and an attractive girl looked up and in a surprised voice said “Miss MacKinnon we didn’t expect you.” Luckily her ID was facing me and I saw her name was Kelly,
I smiled and replied, “Hi Kelly I’ve been called in for a meeting I’m going up to see Mrs Sherwood if you could call her to tell her I’m on my way up. Oh, I assume she’s still on the same floor? You know how they change things” I was hoping for a clue to the floor HR was on. Kelly smiled brightly and chirruped, “ Tell me about it, all the changes made make it difficult for us on reception and soon we’ll have the new entry system coming on line - yes still on the third floor, I don’t think her office has changed” she checked a small floor plan and continued “Still the same office 349.”
I chanced my arm a little here and asked “Kelly have you a copy of the floor plan? My sister will be visiting and it could be useful for her.” Kelly beamed and rummaged around coming up with a bit larger version of the plan. “Here you go Miss MacKinnon this is the latest version.” “Thanks Kelly you’re a angel” I said taking the plan from her and slipping it into my handbag.
Luck was certainly with me this morning; I just hoped it would continue this way!

Into the lift and up to the third floor I was remembering that Nichola really liked Fiona also they went out socially. The lift door opened and Fiona stood there, she had come to meet the elevator we greeted each other with a kiss then she led me to her office - I was taking all this in.
We had coffee and sat talking for a while when suddenly she said, “I hope you don’t mind me saying Nicky but there’s something different about you”.
I nearly choked on my coffee and managed to say; “I don’t thinks so, it’s the same old me”. Fiona studied me and said retrospectively, “No there is definitely something different” now I was panicking inside had I fallen at the second hurdle?
“I’ve got it” she exclaimed; “It’s your hair, what a gorgeous colour it really suits you; you look wonderful!”
I sighed inside and told her about my new stylist and how wonderful they were as it was they who suggested the new colour. I gushed on for a while then Fiona got down to business saying, “The meeting starts at eleven thirty but I asked you in early to get the new security pass for you. You’ll need it in America and when you start back the new system will be working alongside the old pass card system”.
“Fine” I said, “Where do we go?” Fiona replied “I’ll get Sandra to take you to security as I’ve to see someone at ten thirty but I’ll see you when you get back – Ok Yah”.
Sandra took me to security and explained who I was and why I was there, the man in charge of the new system was American and really nice (and a lot dishy!) He explained that as well as a name pass a fingerprint recognition system is being brought in and retina identification for really sensitive parts of the organisation of course as manager for R & D I had to have both done!

This really screwed things up! With the old pass card switching to Nichola had been easy now it was virtually impossible to fool this new system and I was to be issued with a new name tag with a holographic picture of me!

Still I thought I’m going to have to go through with it, unless I want to blow my cover. The finger printing and iris bit was straight forward left and right index finger in a portable finger print machine this was downloaded onto the global network.
With the iris recognition I looked into an eye-piece which scanned my retina. Again this was downloaded onto the network then my picture was taken for the photographic pass and I had to sign the form with my full name the pass would be delivered to reception before I left later in the afternoon.
I must admit I was flirting with him outrageously so I wasn’t surprised when Brett, asked if he could phone me to go out for a meal.
I looked for a wedding ring asked him if he was married (he said no) then told him to phone me next week as I was going home for the weekend.

Sandra took me back to Fiona’s office and whispered, “God you’re lucky Nichola we’ve all been trying to break down his defences and you’ve done it first day!”
I giggled and said depreciatingly, “All you lot’s worn him down I was just there at the right time”.
We arrived back at HR as I sat in reception and logged onto the company server. My mail box was crammed (read Nichola’s) so I started wading my way through them all very slowly getting used to Nichola’s filing system.
It was strange how sitting there as a woman felt so natural, seeing my long perfectly manicured nails dancing over the keyboard was such a comforting thing.
Nichola’s filing system was like the rest of her work very meticulous and really logical to follow.
I reflected that such a logical, ordered mind could break down like she had done and wondered how all this would turn out I hoped she would recover however the new security would make life difficult in the future.

“Nicky” Fiona said from over my shoulder, “Shall we go up to the board room and get prepared for the meeting” I smiled at her and logged off picked up my handbag and laptop and together we made our way to the main boardroom.

I walked alongside Fiona, pretending that I knew my way, but in truth I nearly made the wrong turning a couple of times causing Fiona to nudge me in the right direction luckily this seemed to happen when I was talking so I hoped it looked like I was distracted.

I found that the meeting was scheduled to end about two in the afternoon Fiona then said she would take me to my new office to decide on the décor and furniture – this WAS going up in the world my office will be decorated as I wanted it! A far cry from the pigpens I was used to in my male life.
We discussed my department for a while, as it was a new section everyone was starting on the same day. She mentioned there would be faces I knew and many I didn’t (the gods were certainly on my side at the moment) the area we were to inhabit was now cleared and if I wanted I could have my say on the layout!
This was really totally new to me this company really looked after it’s managers but I had ideas of my own to make the department a team not to have what can be called a them and us type office system.

Finally the ‘big bosses’ filed in apart from the secretary taking the minutes Fiona and I were the lowest ranked people present. I was formally introduced to Dr. Schmitt who seemed really nice and looked like a slender Father Christmas with white hair and beard and round glasses.
My direct boss Charles Winton Global Head of R&D greeted me as he kissed my cheek he said he hoped I was relaxed.
I assured him I was totally at ease. He looked astutely at me and remarked, “That’s good young lady, as you seemed to be getting very distracted towards the end of the selection process – the rest has clearly done you good but a word of advice to you don’t be afraid to get in touch with me should you feel things are getting out of hand I personally will think none the less of you”.
I was then introduced to various global managers the CEO my head was spinning with names!
The meeting passed in a whirl. I gave my presentation calmly and confidently I answered the questions as honestly and professionally as I could it seemed to go down well and I was welcomed into the ranks of the senior management. After the meeting there was a buffet where I circulated getting to know faces and names. Charles sent me his wife’s regards and said when my sister and I were in New York we must go to his house for dinner. I accepted gratefully saying it would be great to see Barbara (his wife) again. He hoped that my sister was as attractive as I was; I assured him that she was far more feminine than I was. (true)

Fiona and I made our way to the seventh floor, where we met the Facilities Supervisor we discussed the décor and the layout of the office space the colours I selected were pastel shades quite restful. The main area I decided on open plan except for my office which was enclosed glass fronted I selected my office furniture and the other equipment we would need for the department as we left the Facilities Supervisor assured me that everything would be completed on time.

As we walked back to Fiona’s office she asked, “I don’t suppose you would like to come for a drink? It’s early for me to leave but I’m owed a few hours.”
Smiling warmly I eagerly accepted and asked if it were ok to phone Amy to see if she wanted to join us as Fiona got her coat and mine I phone Amy and she was nearly done for the day and would meet us in a pub called the Coal Hole, which was between the two buildings about 10 minutes walk away.

Fiona came back with our coats and we left the office remembering to pick up my new pass at the reception. Kelly was still there and wished us a cheery good bye as we walked we chatted away about the new department.
Fiona told me that she was sorry but Grenville Dubois was my assistant in the department she had tried to block it, but was over-ruled.
I’ll explain here, Grenville was one of Nichola’s old boy friends. I had read in Nichola’s diary that he was manipulative and tried to undermine Nichola’s application so the relationship had ended acrimoniously.
When I read the diary I figured that I would have to watch my back with this guy. But assumed he would be in another department – I was well wrong there! But he was dealing with a totally new Nichola now and to be blunt if he messed with me I would mess him up BIG STYLE!

Fiona continued, “He’ll be really pissed off when he see’s the colour scheme you’ve chosen, and the very open plan office”. “Why’s that then?” I asked, “Well” she continued, “He suggested that the office should be divided up into individual offices and decorated in a totally different way to how you’ve said it should be done”.
I snorted and replied, “Sod him he’ll either like it or lump it” we entered the pub and I bought the drinks we sat down waiting for Amy. Fiona looked at me in a speculative manner and said to me “There is something different about you Nicky, and it’s not just your hair!”

I took a sip of my wine and asked “what do you think is different then?” She looked long and thoughtfully at me, again I thought I’d blown it. Eventually she answered, “I think there’s more steel in you don’t take this wrong Nicky but before you could be quite easily swayed. Now I feel that you’ve toughened up”.

I laughed at this and said; “You mean swayed by the likes of that prat Grenville?”
She gave a real guffaw at that and snorted, “Yah, that’s exactly what I mean, so what’s changed?”

I decided to keep as close to the truth as possible so I told her about Sophie and how she had gone through a breakdown and had regressed to a ten year old.
I told Fiona we were cousins but she calls us all mum included aunty! It’s really sad. We are the same age yet she’s playing with dolls. While look at me I’m a career woman. So because of this I decided to toughen up.
When I finished I looked at her and asked “Fiona, “Do you think this is right for me?” “Yes, most definitely yes, this is what you need to round yourself off you always was too easily swayed by others but please don’t loose your natural insight of how people are feeling”.

At this, Amy walked into the bar and looked round, I waved to her and she came over and joined us, I made the introductions and Amy bought a round of drinks, we spent a very pleasant hour chatting away then as we separated I asked Fiona if it would be ok to use a terminal in HR to sort my emails out until my office’s were ready.

Amy and myself took the tube home, of course she was all agog to know how the day had gone I smiled wanly and told her that I think I had managed to blag my way through. Then I told her about the new security system she saw the potential problems straight away. She squeezed my arm and said (I think more in hope than anything else) “Don’t worry, we’ll sort it out at the time dad will think of something”
She thought for a moment then continued, “Anyhow we’ve got the weekend at home and thanks to you dear ‘sister’ we will be seeing Nichola, hopefully her reaction will be what we expect and it will help her”.

I reflected on what a mad couple of days this had been, surely things must quieten down!

up
97 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I know the movies show people

I know the movies show people beating retinal scans by various methods, but they are in real life rather hard to overcome. That is why they have become the norm, even over fingerprints. This could be a true problem for the real Nichola. As Nichola #1 has medical issues that maybe super stress related or induced; maybe it would be best for Nichola #2 to take her place totally, and the two of them work together on her projects at home. Might be medically beneficial to both in the long run.

Nichola is a better Nichola than Nichola was?

Rhona McCloud's picture

Identity swaps are increasingly difficult to do in the modern world but if she's caught at least she'll be well dressed

Rhona McCloud

Clues

Bobbie Sue's picture

It looks like there are some clues as to why the "real" Niky has the problems that she has. If Nichola #2 is able to provide the info to the doctors, there could be some relief for Nichola #1, but I am sure that we eventually see.

Great story with interesting twists and turns - great imagination and style.

HUGS

Bobbie Sue