The Bride's Groom Chapter 2

Printer-friendly version
bridesgroom_chap2.jpg

My name is Albell Sentnaria. I am a 4th generation boy of the famed Sentnaria merchant family. Unlike other merchant families, my family is incredibly poor. So when someone of high birth offered a large sum to my family in exchange for marrying me to his child, my family jumped at the chance.

Now here's my dilemma. I'm betrothed to the prince of the kingdom, who has a weird taste in brides. Depending on how I seduce him, I will either have him as my bride or he will have me as his bride. To make matters worse, I will have to seduce him, who will be crossdressing as the princess of the kingdom while crossdressing myself as a young girl. Why me?!!!

The Bride's Groom Chapter 2
A tale of crossdressing love between two straight boys.


By Shinieris

“Will you be okay here, my lady?” my manservant cum carriage-driver, Jaxon, asks while holding a laugh. Meanwhile, my other manservant, Yornell, brings down the last of my luggage from the top of the carriage.

“It’s okay, you can laugh, Jaxon,” I say as he releases tiny spurts of air from between his lips.

“Uhm, uhum, I don’t, uhum, think that’s appropriate, my lady, heh, hehe,” Jaxon says as he tries to control his natural reaction. Jaxon has been with our family since before I was born, if there is one person left in this world who knows my true gender, that’s him.

“Sobs, sobs. My lady, I wish you can bring me along. Who will clean your room? Who will make your tea? Who will do your makeups?” my maid, Ylny sobs into her handkerchief.

“Ylny, I’m sorry, school regulations state that-“

“Not that you actually need makeups. It really pisses me off that you can look so pretty… why can’t God give me your face?” Ylny says suddenly.

This again? She gave me grief about this just last night. “Umm, Ylny, do you have to say this again?”

“Why?!!! Give me your beauty!!!” Ylny lunges forward, kissing, and sucking my smooth youthful cheeks.

“Well, I’ll miss you too, Ylny. I’ll be home during semester breaks, so take care of the house and great uncle Adolphus for me, okay?” I say to her as I hug her tight. Ylny was brought to our home to serve as my maid and playmate when she was only 8 years old. Being two years older, I always saw her as something like an older sister as we grew up together. In front of my mother, she was the perfect dutiful maid and servant. When my mother wasn’t around though, she was the big sister I never had.

“Are these your entire luggage, my lady?” the head of a trio of maids speaks to me.

“Yes, are you here to deliver it to my room?” I ask as Ylny bawls her eyes out on my brand new school uniform.

“Yes, these maids will ensure that your luggage arrives in your room. I will be showing you to your room once you’re ready to enter,” the head of the trio of maids speaks while her coworkers lift my entire luggage onto two trolleys.

The two maids bow at me and ask to be excused, to which I allow them to. Then they push the trolleys carrying my luggage and the few worldly possessions I have towards the Rose Dorm, where I will be staying for the next three years. Three god damned long years, where I will spend all my time seducing the crown prince of the kingdom. Mother had explained to me how I was supposed to satisfy him if he requested it, but for the love of my cute behind, I pray that it will never cross his mind.

Suddenly Ylny raises herself and places her lips to my ear as she says, “Please be careful to avoid letting others find out that you’re a trap, Bell. I’m sure you can guess how your mother will react if she finds out that you’re kicked from school.”

My body shivers as I involuntarily imagining that happening. “You don’t need to remind me.”

“I hope not. Don’t let ‘him’ bully you, okay?” Ylny says as she hugs me around my shoulders, since she is still about a head taller than me.

By ‘him’, I think she means the prince. “Of course not. Do I look like someone easily bullied?”

“To tell the truth, yes. You’re so darn delicate it’s so easy to bully you, Bell. If I am in a different household, I would’ve been flogged already. Well, that’s in the past. Take care, Bell. Be strong.”

“You too, Ylny,” I say while hugging her around her waist, wondering when I will be taller than her.

After a few seconds, she retreats before going to stand to the left of Jaxon. Together, they bow at me while wishing me good health. I turn around, open my parasol and walk behind the school’s maid under the shade of my parasol as I leave behind the only family I have ever known. When I hear the sound of the gate being shut, I know that there is no turning back now. From now until my graduation, this school will be my world.

Suddenly the maid stops and turns to me with eyes downcast. “The headmistress told me to bring you to meet her right away, my lady. But do you prefer to have breakfast or freshen yourself up first, my lady?”

I wipe the sweat on my forehead as I realize that my skin feels clammy. “I’ve had breakfast. Can you take me to the closest washroom?”

“Of course, my lady. Please follow me,” the maid says as she takes a different route through a garden.

The garden is best described as a mismatch of many different types of tall trees and flowers with a walkway paved with marble. On the school’s side, the grassy ground is covered in flowers of all kinds. Lavenders, roses, spider-lilies, gardenias and jasmines dot the grounds and the balconies of the school. On the other side of the walkway, tall trees pruned to provide shade to the walkway stands proudly. Vines of wisteria hangs and wraps around its branches, providing another source of sweet smell to the garden. For some reason, I find myself being cleansed of my worries, of having to seduce the prince and marrying a boy.

God, just thinking that annoys me.

“Hey, are you a new student?” a sweet voice says making me open my eyes to a girl probably about my age. She’s carrying a watering can on her gloved right hand and a trowel on her gloved left hand. She smiles sweetly as she looks me in the eyes.

My first friend, yay! “Hi there, I’m-,”

“Annise, what are you doing being rude to Lady Alya, Countess of Maurice?” the maid scolds.

“Countess?” the girl’s face pales as she realizes who she is talking to, “I am so sorry, my lady. Please forgive my insolence.”

She runs away as quickly as she appears. Seriously, I’m not mad, I try to tell her that, but she’s like a ghost. One moment she’s there, in the blink of an eye, she’s gone.

“Who was that?” I ask the maid as we continue walking.

“A fellow student like you, my lady.”

“Do all the students here do that? Gardening, I mean.”

“Oh no. No, my lady, students don’t do that here. Annise is a scholarship student. She is also our groundskeeper along with two other maids. At most you will only learn to prune potted plants in home economics class, my lady.”

“Hum, I was wondering if gardening is a subject taught here. I’d like to learn how to care for a garden like this.”

Suddenly the maid bows at me. “I beg of you, please do not mention this to the headmistress, my lady.”

I am shocked a little to see her bowing so suddenly, but she probably has her own reasons. “Alright, fine. I’ll keep quiet. You’ll probably get into trouble if the headmistress hears of this, won’t you?”

“I thank you very much, my lady,” the maid says as she stands straight again and leads me to a washroom.

I wash my face as thoroughly as I can, then realizing that all my handkerchiefs are in my bags. I look around trying to find something to wipe my face with when the maid’s voice startles me.

“Please use this, my lady,” the maid says as she hands me a white towel with the school’s coat of arms.

“Thank you,” I say as I take the towel from her hands.

“Are you ready to meet the headmistress now, my lady?” the maid asks with eyes downcast.

“Yeah, sure,” I say to her as I hand her the towel. Might as well get this over with.

The maid places the towel into a basket at the bottom of the cupboard next to the sink. She turns gracefully and she says, “Please follow me, my lady,” as she takes the lead.

We walk up the stairs, across halls until we arrive at the 3rd floor of the administration building. There, the maid walk up to the sole door along the corridor with the plaque bearing the name Arreana Fessack, Headmistress nailed on the door. She knocks it thrice, states who she is and who she’s bringing before opening the door.

It’s a very big office, much bigger than my father’s office at any rate. On the left wall, there’s a bookcase where probably a hundred thick books are kept. Opposite it, there are cupboards and another smaller, but taller bookcase which keeps many big folders upon its many shelves. A large desk with a woman is in front of me, with a large sliding window behind her. The woman stands up when she sees me enter and gestures me forward as she tells the maid to stand wait outside.

“Please have a seat,” the woman says as she takes a seat herself, “I am Headmistress Arreana Fessack of St. Carina’s School for Graceful and Elegant Ladies. I have been the headmistress here for 22 years and I know all kinds of mischief you girls can get into. So if you’re caught doing something bad, confess, because when I find out who did it, you WILL be punished.”

Wow, not even an hour and I’m already being lectured.

“Umm, well, I am-,” I say before she raises her hand to signal me to stop.

“I am not quite finished, my dear. Let’s just say that trying to hide a misdemeanour will subject you to an even worse punishment, as your mother is well aware.”

“Wait, you know my mother?”

“Of course, I do. Troublesome child she was. When she came here, I was still only a new teacher teaching morals and home economics. Got into one trouble after another, that one.”

“But mother graduated from the Free School of Se Alinop.”

“So she did continue her studies. We haven’t heard anything from her after she ran away from St. Carina. Too stuffy, she said, humph!”

“If you don’t mind me asking, headmistress, why did mother ran away?”

“Did you not hear what I just said? She thought this school was too stuffy. Obviously our school doesn’t cater to her rebellious and free-spirited majesty. Yet she dared to come to me one day and told me to admit her daughter into St. Carina. How shameless! One would expect that she would be too ashamed to face me, but not her, just like she was when she studied here! Shameless!”

“Umm, well, mother can be pushy sometimes.”

The headmistress glares at me. “I hope to God that you will not become like her. But anyway, let’s move forward to what you’re here for,” she glares at me again as she takes up a heavy folder and flips a few pages, “Countess Alya Belluca Sentnaria, Countess of Maurice, yes? Recently named as heir to Adolphus Sentnaria, Count of Maurice, acquiring the title as Count Adolphus Sentnaria retires from his position. Although the inheritance ceremony has yet to be performed, the king himself wrote a letter of assurance that the title will pass on to you. Now as for academics, apart from Home Economics, Mathematics and Swimming, all your other subjects are terrible. Don’t worry, our wonderful teaching staff at St. Carina will ensure your grades rise by any means necessary.”

I don’t like the sound of ‘any means necessary’.

“As a countess, you have first choice of lodging, and your mother has chosen a Duchess Suite of the Rose Garden. Payment has already been made and monthly fees have already been arranged. There are two other residents on the top floor suites of Rose Garden, but one is away due to an illness and another is antisocial, so you will have plenty of time and space to concentrate on your studies without interference from others. As a resident of a Duchess Suite, your meal arrangements are different from those who stay in the dorms. This booklet gives you the details, please read it in your room later,” the headmistress says as she pushes a booklet with the title “Special Meals and Priviledges of Duchess Suite Residents’ at me.

I open the booklet just a peek.

“I SAID LATER!” the headmistress yells in a shrill voice making me drop the booklet onto the desk. Her voice really shakes the brain.

She glares at me as she says, “St. Carina is divided into 5 main sections: Academics, Administration, Students Center, Dorms and Field. Students Center is a section where you can find the Students Council Office, Savings Office, Procurement Office, Shops and Cafes and various clubs, which you may join as you wish. The Field section, is basically split into 3 parts: the largest is the track field, tennis and volleyball courts and the swimming pool, another is the church, which you can visit any time of day, except during classes and the last is the school ruins, which you must NEVER get close to. The old ruins have been walled off, but every year there are always girls who think that entering the ruins raise their standing among their fellow students. As for the rest, you can read it in this booklet,” she says as she pushes a booklet with the title “St. Carina’s School, Sections and School Regulations’ on its cover.

Apart from the booklet, there is also something that looks like a small leather wallet. The wallet is thin and its size is a little bigger than my palm, but significantly longer. Curiosity got me and I open the wallet-like thing, expecting to be scolded. I breathe a sigh of relief when she remains quiet. On one side of the wallet is my student card, with my face, my date of birth and the date I enter school, which is today. Right under my face are my name and title, both of which are written in big bold letters. I suppose the school doesn’t want people to offend a countess or something. On the other part of the wallet are sleeves which looks as if they are meant to hold cards or notes with one vertical sleeve looking like it is designed to also hold ema bills.

The headmistress glares at me through squinted eyes. “Another thing that I will stress to you, and I need you to listen very closely, because I am tired of saying this over and over again. DO NOT violate curfew. Curfew starts at 9 in the evening and ends at 5 in the morning. If the maids catch you loitering around after curfew, not even your mother will be able to save you.”

“Umm, okay,” I say with sweat flowing down my face.

I wonder who’s scarier, the headmistress or my mother.

“That will be all. This is your student handbook. Read it at your leisure. You join our school a semester later than the others, I hope you can cope with the lessons. If you need extra help, I’m sure you can ask for extra tutoring from your seniors or the teachers. Do you have any questions for me for now?”

“Umm, no? Think not.”

“Well then, I guess our meeting here is over,” the headmistress says as she rings the bell on her desk, “Before I forget, there is a letter addressed to you. Kindly pick it up at the Mail Office. Marea, please get her acquainted with her homeroom teacher, Ms Rosecca. After that, lead her to her room. You may go.”

The maid curtsies as she leads the way downstairs

“Miss Rosecca,” the maid calls once the door to the staff room is open. She repeats twice more.

“Maya, the maid’s calling for you!” one of the women sitting at a desk nearby calls.

Still no answer.

“Just go in, Marea. You know how she is,” the woman urges.

“Thank you, Miss Yuorish,” Marea the maid bows as she leads me into the staff office.

“Miss Rosecca,” Marea calls once she stands behind a red-headed woman.

“Miss Rosecca,” she calls again without receiving any kind of reply.

Is she calling the wrong person?

“Ey, Maya,” the woman sitting next to Miss Rosecca taps the partition separating their desks, “The maid is calling for you.”

“Huh? Really?” she turns around and stands up in front of us, “Oh sorry, I didn’t realize you’re here. You’re… you’re…”

“My name is Marea. I am one of the maids in charge of student admission. I am here bringing a student who will be in your homeroom, miss,” Marea bows to the woman.

“Oh, another student for my homeroom then? Fantastic!” Miss Rosecca shakes my hand as she introduces herself, or at least attempts to, “My name is… uhhh… my name is…” she turns to Marea, “Hey, what’s my name again?”

“You are Miss Maya Rosecca, miss,” Marea answers without changing her expression.

“Oh my, is that my name? Are you sure?”

“Yes, as far as I know, miss.”

“It doesn’t ring a bell at all. Well anyway, I teach… uhh… what do I teach again?”

“Geometry and Algebra, miss.”

“Really?” she looks at the writings on her desk and the books on the bookcase on her desk.

“I suppose I am,” she laughs, as the woman sitting next to her desk mumbles something incoherent.

“I’m dreadfully sorry. My brain is all muddled lately. It’s so hard to remember details. I was hit by a stagecoach when I-.”

“No you did not! You sniffed too much chemical fumes the last time you went to the chemistry lab!” the woman sitting next to her argues.

“Oh my! Are you sure about that… umm… do I know you?”

“It’s Lacrina! Lacrina Escha! For the last time, I teach chemistry!”

“If you will excuse me, Miss Rosecca, Miss Escha, Lady Alya needs to go elsewhere for now. She will start classes tomorrow.”

“Oh ok, see you later…. uhh…”

“My name is Alya Belluca Sentnaria, Miss Rosecca,” I say, conveniently forgetting to include my title.

“Oh, the piemaker? I’m a big fan of your pies. I go there every weekend or is it every two weekends?”

Piemaker?

“She is the new Countess of Maurice, miss,” the maid helpfully adds.

“Ohhh, a countess, who also makes pies!”

“…”

“This is great! I haven’t seen a princess and a countess under the same roof for some years now,” Miss Rosecca remarks, “What’s next? A baroness who builds boats? A duchess who sews dolls? A Vestal Virgin who makes iron tools?”

“The princess is already here?” I ask, a little curious. I decide to ignore everything else she says that have nothing to do with me.

“Yes, she started classes last week. Though you won’t be going to the same classes as her, she’s in 5th Grade. You’re in 4th Grade, I heard,” she says, though how she can remember what grade I am is quite a mystery. It seems like not all of her memory’s gone.

“If you will excuse us, Miss Rosecca, the countess needs to start unpacking her luggage,” Marea bows.

“Oh of course. Have fun. Tell your father I love his pies!”

“You idiot cow, the bakery’s name is Senarys. She’s Sentnaria!” Miss Escha says when we were at the door.

“What bakery? Who’s Sentnaria? Do I know you?” my homeroom teacher asks.

The last sound that I hear before the door is fully closed is the loud groaning sound of the exasperated Miss Escha.

******

“So this is my room?” I ask as I open the door with the illustration of a cat on it.

Just beyond the door, is a large, luxurious bedroom. I can even see illusions of sparkles and flowers, the kind of feeling that one gets when seeing a work of art. On one side of the room is the four poster bed, which from the size can apparently fit at least 5 girls my size. Next to it, standing against the wall is a large armoire, which from the look of it can fit even the bed inside. On the other side of the bed is a vanity table set made partially of real ivory. Across it, a study desk and chair with bookcase is placed in a way that makes the room appear more spacious than it actually is. The rest of the walls are decorated with glass cupboards and imitations of famous paintings.

I walk to the door leading to the balcony. Opening it, I close my eyes at the feeling of highland breeze caressing my face. In front of me, right on the circular balcony is a dining table and three chairs, probably for enjoying tea with friends.

Let’s hope I may find friends here soon.

“Lady Alya,” the maid calls.

“Yes?” I still find it hard to get used to being called ‘lady’.

“I shall leave you to familiarize yourself with your room for now, my lady. If you need any assistance, please pull on this rope,” she says as she points at a rope that hangs down from the ceiling.

This is just like in one of those period novels. Pull the rope and servants come running. Maybe there are even a couple of secret passages too. Need to pull on all those candle holders.

“Alright, I’ll remember that.”

“Please excuse me, my lady,” she bows as she turns around and leave through the open door.

As soon as the door closes, I jump onto the bed.

“Ohhh, this is so good. I can get used to this,” I say to myself as I test the bounciness of the bed.

Then once I’m settled, I open the booklets provided by the headmistress and starts reading.

St. Carina's School for Graceful and Elegant Ladies, School Sections and Regulations

Attire

1) Students may only wear the school uniform during class except for Physical Education, where gym uniforms are required.

2) Skirts must not be more than 4 inches above the knees.

3) Adornments on the school uniforms are not allowed.

4) Students may only wear adornments on the ears (one each), at most two rings, a pendant and a bracelet. This does not include the bells given to Duchess Suite residents.

5) Socks must be white or close to white. Shoes must be black or very dark coloured brown. Sports shoes must be worn for Physical Education.

6) Outside of classes, students may wear any clothing that is not offensive or sexual.

7) Students must wear their school uniforms during outings to the town, unless prior permission is obtained for wearing something else outside the school.

The School Sections

1) The Academics Section
a) The Ruby Building
- A building dedicated to the education of the lower high students, ranging from Grade 1 to Grade 3
- Classes for Special Needs Students are also situated here
- The Student's Council's Annex is located on the 1st floor.
b) The Sapphire Building
- A building dedicated to the education of the upper high students, ranging from Grade 4 to Grade 6.
- The Student Council's Annex is located on the 3rd floor

2) Administration
a) The Headmistress's office. The headmistress's office is on the 3rd floor of the Administration building. Students and Guardians may acquire an appointment with the headmistress by going to the front desk on the 1st floor.
b) Staff and Student Archives. The archives are on the 3rd floor of the administration building. Access is only allowed to a few select individuals.
c) Staff Office and Lounge. The Staff Office is located on the 2nd floor of the Administration building.
d) Admission and Academic Office. Located on the 1st Floor
e) Accounting Office. Located on the 1st floor.

3) Student's Center.
a) The Summer Building.
+ Home to the Student Council's Office located on the 3rd Floor.
+ Procurement Office, 2nd Floor.
- Students may purchase school stationery and tools necessary for their studies
- Students may purchase school and gym uniforms here.
- Students may purchase additional school books or exercise books here.
+ Mail office, 2nd Floor.
- Students may exchange mail vouchers for money or purchase mail vouchers here.
- Students may check for their mails here.
- Students may deliver their mails here.
- Students may buy postage stamps, postcards or special edition stamps.
+ Shops and Cafes (all shops and cafes can be found on the 1st floor)
- The Laughing Cat Cafe offers good food, beverage and desserts at a fair price.
- The Merchant's Way offers sundries, groceries and general items at a fair price.
- The Fitness Lady offers sport equipment as well as special interest items at a fair price.
- The Young Lady Restaurant offers good food, beverage and desserts at a fair price.
+ Savings Office, basement
- Students may deposit their ema or catty here as either savings account or investments account.
- Private vaults may also be rented here
b) The Spring Building. Home to various clubs and extracurricular activities.
- There are also various shops set by various student clubs.
- Students may join any club, with a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 4. Student Council counts as a club.
- Students are not allowed to stay after curfew, with the exception of the night before Culture Festival.

4) Dorms.
a) The Gardenia Terraces
- 4-person bedrooms or 2 person bedrooms set on a hill overlooking the school grounds.
- Has a small kitchen for students to cook on their own.
- An average sized open-air communal bath with heated water properly cleaned and maintained by the school maids.
- May accomodate 120 students at full capacity.
b) The Lavender Tower
- Tallest building in the school, allows residents to observe as far as the ports of A' Durus on a clear day.
- Single rooms with attached balconies for those who prefer privacy.
- Has a small sized communal bath with heated water properly cleaned and maintain by the school maids.
- No kitchen
- Can accomodate 24 students at full capacity.
c) The Rose Gardens
- Boarding house-style rooms on the second and third floor, enough to accomodate between 8-12 students in each dorm room at the same time.
- Large kitchen for students to cook on their own.
- A large communal bath with heated water properly cleaned and maintained by the school maids.
- Can accomodate 400 students at full capacity.
- Top floor houses the six Duchess Suites with its own open-air communal bath and its own entryway and spiral staircase tower.

5) The Fields
a) An outdoor area that is home to a standard sized galsican track, 2 tennis courts, 2 volleyball courts, 1 galsican-standard swimming pool and access to the mountains behind the school.
b) The church is where students may come to pray at any time of the day. The church can seat 300 students at the same time. Students may also earn a little pocket money by working part-time at the church on weekday evenings or weekends.
c) The old ruins. It is a forbidden area. Any student who wanders past the wall into the old ruins will be subjected to heavy punishment. Repeated violations by any student shall result in expulsion.

Special provisions

1) Students may request to stay in bed or in isolation upon being diagnosed with an illness.

2) Students with special needs will have their needs catered to as per the headmistress's approval.

3) Students who are part of the student council may stay at the Student Center section after curfew.

4) Students will be allowed to go home during family emergencies

School Rules

1) Students are not allowed to bring males to their rooms at any time under any circumstance.

2) Students are not allowed to leave school grounds during school season without prior permission

3) Students are not allowed to loiter outside their rooms after curfew

4) Students are not allowed to carry weapons at any time of day while on school grounds. Weapons include but not limited to, bladed weapons, blunt weapons, small weapons, piercing weapons. Exceptions to this rule are cleavers and knives used in food preparations.

5) Students must keep their rooms tidy at all times. The house mother of the respective dorms have the right to perform spot checks at any moment and in any room as they please.

6) Students are not allowed to engage in illicit relationships with the opposite gender while they are attending school.

7) Gambling is prohibited on school grounds.

8) Students are not allowed to bring their own maids, servants. Pets are allowed only with written permission from the headmistress.

Special Meals and Priviledges of Duchess Suite Residents

Special Meals for Duchess Suite Residents

1. Residents may request a chef to specially cook her meals for breakfast, noon and dinner. Meals must be requested at least 2 hours before meal time and subject to availability.

2. Residents may choose a dessert with every meal. Choice of desserts differs daily:
Monday: Vanilla Ice Cream over raspberry jelly or Chocolate Ice Cream with Chocolate Cookies
Tuesday: Lemon Cheese Cake or Raspberry Jelly
Wednesday: Strawberry Pie or Apple Pie
Thursday: Strawberry Jelly or Orange Jelly
Friday: Strawberry Ice Cream with Cherry or Chocolate Moist Cake
Saturday: Lemon Cheese Cake or Vanilla Ice Cream Cake
Sunday: Pomegranate Jelly or Blueberry Cheese Cake

3. Maid service in charge of meals will be available from 7AM to 8PM. Residents may also request for meals to be delivered to the room or to go to the cafeteria with the other students.

4. Residents may request one extra meal per day unless expressly forbidden by the school doctor.

5. Residents may request vegetarian only meals.

6. Residents may instruct a maid to order food from restaurants outside the school compounds. Maids must be informed at least 4 hours prior to ordering. Outside orders will be charged to the resident's personal account.

Priviledges

1. Residents are allowed to wander around at any hour on the Duchess Suite's Floor only

2. Residents may ask for maid service at any hour.

3. Residents may go out of the school at any hour with prior permission from the school's headmistress

4. Residents are allowed to bring any personal possessions as long as it does not violate school regulations

5. Residents may take a bath at the Duchess Suites' communal bathroom at any time of day or night. A maid will be assigned if necessary.

6. Refreshments will be delivered every morning and night. A newspaper of the resident's choice will be delivered every morning.

7. As opposed to the school rules, residents are allowed to bring one pet without the need to ask permission from the headmistress. The only types of pets allowed are:
a) birds (must be kept inside its cage at all times and must not be the noisy variety)
b) cats (all varieties except lions and tigers, must be toilet trained)
c) rabbits (all types, must be toilet trained)
d) dogs (only the gentle types allowed, must be toilet trained)
e) fish (only small aquariums allowed, waste must be handled in a clean and hygienic manner)

“This is… a lot of reading.”

I still haven’t even read a quarter of what I was given. So many rules, so many regulations. Why can’t they just let me do whatever I want? With this many rules, no wonder students break them all the time. So feeling somewhat overwhelmed, I put down both books, check my wig, grab my room key and student’s card and wanders off to explore my new school.

First stop, the open air communal bath.

One thing that must be said about the Duchess Suite’s communal bath is that it’s luxurious. Even the water taps are made of gold, or at least an alloy of gold. As one enters, one comes across first the locker room. Beyond that, the shower room, where one must wash one’s body with soap and shampoo under cold water before going ahead into the open air pool. Once in the open pool, one can easily appreciate the aesthetics of smooth river rocks beautifully placed to provide a place to lean on and relax. Meanwhile, the pool’s water is somehow maintained at a temperature that makes one sweat, though not to the point of discomfort. Sitting in the pool with your back on a warm river rock, gazing at the sky, it makes you forget that you’re on the fourth floor of a building situated on a mountain.

Of course, since I’m already here, it makes little sense not to take a bath.

After the bath, I walk down the stairs towards the common hall of The Rose Gardens. The common hall is a comfortable living area, with couches, bookcases filled with storybooks and general reference materials as well as a section dedicated for studies. Opposite the common hall, on the other side of the main staircase are sections split into kitchen and dining hall. While students normally have their three meals a day in the school’s canteen, the large kitchen allows students to cook on their own. As for cooking materials, The Merchant’s Way sells most of the things they’d need to cook, though because they can’t stock too much items, students normally make special orders in advance.

Next I wander into the academics section. As I am a 4th Grader, naturally my feet lead me to the Sapphire Building, built for the upper high students.

You’re asking why I’m in 4th Grade when I’m only 15?

While it’s true that most kingdoms in Neropa start sending their children to school at the age of 13, in Jussinaff, it’s common to start sending children to school at the age of 12. Before that age, we normally go to a community-run preparatory school which teaches us reading & writing, basic manners and arithmetic. It was because the late king, King Arnulf the Speechless believed that there should be no reason to delay young adult’s entry into society, so he made it legal to start formal schooling at the age of 12. By the way, King Arnulf the Speechless was also the one who decreed that boys and girls are considered legal adults at the age of 15 and may seek employment if they do not wish to continue school. So in all legality, I am already an adult and I can make as many babies as I want.

In most kingdoms and republics of Neropa including Jussinaff, students may continue their studies after graduating formal school. The choice of higher learning varies from kingdom to kingdom, but in Jussinaff at least, we have the Naval Academy of A’ Durus and depending on your major, you can even travel the world every year for free. Of course most people can’t afford the money or have the patience to continue their studies, so the Naval Academy remains a place where the elites gather. Also, women are not allowed to enter the Naval Academy. Therefore, most of the young women who go to school have to be satisfied with living their lives as housewives, clerks or accountants. It may be a little different for students of St. Carina though, as over four fifth of its graduates end up marrying rich merchants or noblemen and live a life of luxury for the rest of their lives.

Apart from that, the only option for women who want a better and more independent life is to apply for employment at the various hospitals in the towns and cities of Jussinaff. They then labour through the years as nurses until the doctors in charge of performance evaluation deem them fit to be trained as doctors. Such route is hard and may take up to 10 years before they can be promoted. Most nurses end up getting married halfway and resign their positions. Oh, but I’m forgetting the most posh job. If a woman wants to search for a job that allows for the ability to do research, then becoming a formal school teacher is the only way. They will take up teaching during classes and spend their time on research during their spare time. Whatever breakthroughs they make will grant prestige to the school and fame for the teacher. Being a teacher for a prestigious private school like St. Carina should be even better than normal public schools. But I’m getting off topic.

As I approach the Sapphire building, it is clear how much aesthetics has been woven into the very core of the building’s design. Instead of the gray, blocky architecture most commonly found in Jussinaff, the Sapphire Building and its twin sister Ruby are designed in a way that mimics nature. Instead of straight beams that go all the way up, the beams are sculted into shapes of fauna topped with the sculpture of the ancient goddess of wisdom, Cenerys on its four corners. The outside of its walls on the other hand are decorated with colourful murals, depicting students learning and engaging in all kinds of activities. On the inside, the floors are covered in lacquered wood while the walls are covered in some kind of padded material. Each floor has between 3- 6 classrooms. For the first floor, there are a total of 6 classrooms, with only four of those being used for classes. The other 2 rooms are being used as either storage rooms or study room. The second floor is where the biology, chemistry and physics labs are, as well as the four classes of 5th Grade. The third floor is mostly empty classrooms for those who wish to study in privacy and also where the Student Council Annex is at, as well as the four classes of the 6th Grade.. If one desires, one can look into the classrooms by peering into the glass part of the sliding wooden door.

As I walk around the building, I finally arrive at the second floor. From afar, I see two students walking towards the other staircase, the one closest to the Student Council Annex. Once I recognize one of them, I just can’t help myself from shouting and waving my hand.

“Mar – Collette! Collette!”

Princess Mary Collette, or otherwise known as Prince Marcus Cole looks at me, then tells her friend to go on ahead. Then she turns towards me and from the look in her eyes, I feel a sudden chill. As she stalks towards me, I can’t help but take a step back until my back is to the wall. Her hand suddenly shoots up at my face, grabbing my throat as she bangs me on the padded wall. Her eyes shined maliciously as she asked me a question.

“How dare you address me so familiarly. Do you realize who you’re speaking to? Who are you to call me Collette, girl?”

“Urg, I’m Bell,” I introduce myself while my throat is being choked.

“What bell?” she asks again as she shakes my body.

The sudden shaking causes the bell at her neck to ring. It is the bell that all Duchess Suite residents must wear to inform other students who they are. As I am not in uniform, there is little point in wearing it. She definitely notices the sound and she looks at my face as a sudden thought washes over her.

“Are you the new Countess of Maurice, by any chance?”

“Yes! I’m Alya Belluca Sentnaria, please let go!”

She let go of my throat and I massage my neck to lessen the soreness. Suddenly she took a seat on the staircase with legs spread wide.

“Haaaah… I don’t know if I should laugh or weep at the hilarious gullibility of my own father and subjects,” she sighs with her head hanging back.

“Gullibility?”

“Tell me, Countess of Maurice, should I feel amused or insulted at how easily people believe that I am queer and is into same sex copulation?”

“Wait, you’re not queer?”

“Of course not. I only said it because I was annoyed that my father kept asking me to find a wedding partner. I didn’t count on him finding someone with my specifications so quickly. I wonder if his usual absent-mindedness is an act.”

“So if you didn’t like it, why didn’t you tell him?”

“It’s not like - silence! I don’t need to explain my actions to you.”

“Umm, prince,” he turns and looks at me sharply, “…cess, so what now?”

“Nothing now, but come to my room after evening classes are over,” she says as she walks up the stairs to the third floor, leaving me alone on the second floor.

I manage to get a brief tour of the Student’s Center before the bell rings, signalling the end of class. I walk towards The Rose Gardens trailing behind the other students who are going back to their rooms. Since I’m not in my uniform, my appearance arouses some whispers, but they probably already guessed that I am a transfer student, as the whispering end almost immediately. When I confidently stroll up the stairs towards the Duchess Suites, one of the girls stops me with a grip on my wrist.

“You shouldn’t go up there. If they catch you loitering around upstairs you’ll be punished,” she kindly says.

“Thank you for the concern, but it’s okay. My room is upstairs,” I smile as I patted her hand.

The look of shock on her and every other face around me is priceless. No word is said as I continue walking up the stairs passing by a maid on cleaning duty, who curtsies to me for no reason. Then I realize that I have no idea which of the rooms is the prince’s room. So I walk back to the maid and ask her about it.

“It’s the Swan Room, my lady. You’re in luck, Her Highness returned just a moment ago.”

I thank her and proceeds to the Swan Room, which happens to be right next to mine. I knock on it a couple of times and a voice asks me who I was.

“It’s Bell. You know who.”

The door opens from inside as she tells me to come in. She’s still in her school uniform, a short skirt with white shirt, though she had already removed her blue jacket. She rummages around inside her trunk while she tells me to sit wherever I want. I choose to sit on the couch. Looking around the room, I notice that the room is almost an exact copy of mine. If I don’t know better, I’d say I’m in my room. This is dangerous; it’s possible that I may one day wander into the wrong room by mistake.

Collette walks to me and sits on the couch opposite the one I’m sitting on. She places a wooden box on the glass coffee table and pushes it towards me. I take it that she meant to give it to me, so I lifted the lightweight wooden box and peer inside. Inside the box are 6 vials, neatly placed into the depressions in the velvet base. I take one of the vial out and sloshes it a bit in my hand. The liquid inside is red, about the colour of blood. Sloshing it however, reveals that it’s unlikely to be blood, but more likely a fruit juice or wine.

“What is this?” I ask as I place the vial back into its place.

“It’s medication. The Royal Herbalist didn’t want you to get sick. So he prepared the solution for you. You must take it once a day, from Monday to Saturday. On Sunday morning, you must give me back the box and the vials inside. Of course by vial, I mean without the contents.”

“Why would the Royal Herbalist give me something like this? I don’t even know him.”

“I don’t know, I don’t care,” she says, and looking at her dead eyes, it’s clear that there’s truth in those words, “All I care about is that he gave it to me so I can give it to you and he wanted me to make sure that you drink it. So drink one now.”

“Now?” I ask, to which he nods. Then I notice another depression in the velvet and asks, "Was there supposed to be seven of these?"

"No, there's only six. There's no seventh vial. Would you please just drink it?"

I pick up one of the vials, pull the stopper and down it in one gulp. I was expecting a bitter taste, but it actually tastes sweet. It tastes like grape juice.

“Good. Take it back to your room and don’t forget to return it on Sunday morning. Have you had lunch yet?”

“No, I haven’t. I’m starving!” Only now I realize that my stomache is growling.

“Go have lunch then,” she says as she got up and opens the door for me.

“Aren’t you going with me?” I ask.

She looks at me with her cold dead eyes and says, “Why would I do that?”

Then she kicks me out of the room, slamming the door shut behind me. Shortly after, I hear the sound of a bell, and the maid on cleaning duty hurries to her room just as I enter my own. It seems like the princess is eating ‘take out’ today.

*Thank you for reading. As always your comments are welcomed. Praises helps me to write faster while constructive criticisms helps me to write better.

up
85 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This is...

Quite strange but actually pretty entertaining O_O

I kinda want to see more ...

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

This

shiinaai's picture

Thanks, please await the future chapters.

What can she do?

shiinaai's picture

Go with the flow of course ^_^ Please await future chapters.

Missing vial

D. Eden's picture

This has my curiosity up - obviously, there is some significance to the missing vial. Also, why would they be made for Bell?

Curiouser and curiouser.

I'll not even go into the fact that the prince(ss) is a bitch......

Dallas

D. Eden

Dum Vivimus, Vivamus

Vial

shiinaai's picture

Of course, the missing vial is a pretty significant item. Understanding the significance makes this story a lot easier to predict.

Thanks for the comment, please keep supporting me.

More?

I just kind of stumbled on this story by accident and recognized your name from the half-lilim stories. I really really really liked it. Are you planning to continue the tale?

Thanks for the story,
Larimus

Continue

shiinaai's picture

Yes of course. I am writing it even now. Though it may take a few more days before I can post it here. Please keep supporting me.