White Rabbit -4-

Printer-friendly version

Dana looked down at her body. NOT HIS BODY, BUT HER BODY!!! "Noooooooooo"

"Why?" Her eyes were pleading as she looked at Umba. "Why?"
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>and now,

"Evaisa had limited options. She would not kill you. She also could not turn you loose. If you convinced someone you had seen an alien and they returned with mining equipment, this place could be compromised. She would not keep you here until the ship returned. What would be the purpose? You would either have to return to Rious with her, or be turned loose, at which time, again it could be compromised." Umba looked into the sad, frightened eyes of Dana.

"Believe it or not, we did not have plans for containing a security breech. We also did not have the technology for changing you into female form. Evaisa was able to design a plastoid you thought was the perfect female form."

"Plastoid?" Dana had to cough it out.

"Plastoids are the beginning of those like me. They are the designs or shapes with intelligence installed. Plastoids have semi form. It is fluid and easily absorbed by living cells. You absorbed the plastoid you were looking at."

"She turned me into an android?" Dana held out her hand to look at the small hand and long slender fingers.

"No, you are human. As a human, your body had a certain shape. You have a different shape. I see no difference." Umba carefully watched Dana’s eyes.

"NO DIFFERENCE! YOU CALL THIS NO DIFFERENCE?" A frightening thought came to him. If he had breasts and hips. Did that mean…? He grabbed between his legs and fainted.

"Umba stepped up and grabbed her before she fell. "Evaisa said some women lose blood flow to their brain and faint."

Dana felt a terrible grinding headache before he opened his eyes. He was dreading to open his eyes, afraid the nightmare might not have been a dream. It was better to know, rather than lying there not knowing, so he opened his eyes and focused on the room. Umba was there.

"Tell me I had a nightmare." He held up his right hand and looked at it. Unless he could no longer see, what he was looking at was smaller than what he remembered.

"You can’t do this. It’s not right." Dana sat up and stared at his two perfect breasts. He had to know. Slowly he brought his hands up and cupped them. They had feeling and they were transmitting that feeling to him. Why did they look so much bigger looking down at them when they were his, rather than when they were on…?

"OH SHIT!" He remembered the big buxom blonde he had been looking at before he headed to his room. His pleading eyes looked at Umba. "Why?"

"This is what you desired in a woman. As you watched the monitor, certain images registered desire in your mind and eyes." She patiently explained.

"On a woman but not me. I can’t believe I liked them this big…," He realized he did like them this big. What had he told the other guys in the station? A woman needs big tits so there couldn’t be any doubt she’s a woman.

Dana realized he was the recipient of his own lust. Life was a cruel teacher. Clumsily he struggled to stand up. "You can’t do this to me."

He was going to do everything he could to end this nightmare, even if it meant killing himself. "I’m going to destroy everything I can. Vicky made the mistake of her life. I can’t live like this."

"You don’t seem to understand. You have absorbed a plastoid. She was fully programmed and, In time, her desires will become your desires…," Umba was trying to explain.

"Her desires? What do you mean her desires? I am not an android." Dana refused to accept what Umba was saying.

"You have your mind. The mind is capable of adapting and accepting. With time, you will accept her emotions and desires. Her name is Dee Dee McBain. That will be your name." Umba looked at Dana and waited.

"Fuck Dee Dee what’s her name. I’m Dana Cooper and I’ll always be Dana Cooper." He tried to growl back at her. Dana realized with the voice he now possessed, women don’t growl. They shout or scream, but they do not growl.

Evaisa walked into the room and smiled at Dee Dee. "Perfect."

"Fuck perfect. I don’t like your game. Get this plastoid, or whatever the fuck it is, off of me and out of me." Dana turned her attention on Vicky.

"Not possible. Once integrated, it’s not possible to separate plastoid and living tissue. You have to understand, Dee Dee…,"

"I’m not Dee Dee, I’m Dana Cooper." He insisted, as he unconsciously put his hands on his hips.

"Dana Cooper is dead. If Dana had escaped it could have compromised our situation. Dee Dee can escape and who is going to believe she was Dana Cooper? It was the only solution to the problem." Vicky walked over beside Umba as she was talking.

"I’ll make them believe it. I’ll figure out a way to make them believe it." Dana knew what his goal in life was.

"Why don’t you get dressed? It would seem the thing to do rather than running around here naked." Vicky nodded toward the bedroom.

Dana’s face flushed. He had been unconscious of the fact he was indeed naked until Vicky pointed it out. "Pants and shirt. None of that sissy stuff."

"I think this calls for a meal together. Please dress appropriately." Vicky glanced over at Umba who nodded her approval.

"Not in my lifetime, I won’t. You can kiss my ass if you think I’m going to wear anything besides pants." Dana was going to make sure they regretted doing this to him.

Vicky’s eyes closed slightly as she focused on Dee Dee.

"Yes, I think I would like that too. A reason for dressing up sounds lovely." Dana turned and walked to the bedroom thinking how wonderful it would be to dress for an evening.

"She will learn with time." Umba watched her walk into the bedroom.

Vicky crossed her arms as she turned her attention to Umba. "I’ve always wondered what it was like to be like you? Do you ever get frustrated or disgusted as an android? You have cognitive thinking so you are able to think independently. Giving Dee Dee a mind thought that she wanted to dress up this evening made Dana think it was his idea. She feels it is her own desire to dress up. She doesn’t realize it was my request for her to act like Dee Dee."

Umba returned the attention. "Do I feel like a machine or an android? I can’t answer that. I don’t have anything to relate to feelings as anything, but what I am. I do not get frustrated or disgusted. I can’t answer for what Dee Dee feels. I’m positive, with time her desires and his will be one. I am also positive that, at some point in the transition, he will regret all the physical attributes and emotional desires he wanted in a woman."

"Why do men lust after women with huge breasts? Except for very short periods in life when females are nursing their young, breasts serve no purpose other than design. Why is a small waist desirable by men? For lifting purposes, the smaller the waist the more strain placed on the backbone. I guess I fail to compute the human emotions of lust and desire." Umba pulled up the corners of her mouth in thought.

"That makes two of us. It seems only a man could answer that question. Or maybe they don’t know either? It makes no difference. It was what Dana desired and what he received. Let’s dress up for Dee Dee’s formal event. Ask MVU to set a table arrangement for dining." Evaisa was walking toward the wall as she spoke. It opened up before she reached it and closed behind her.

MVU moved out to the middle of the room with table and chairs floating along beside it.

Dee Dee left her bedroom to walk to the equipment room. She didn’t think about the portals opening up as she passed through. She didn’t struggle to understand the strange symbols on the console of the equipment as she programmed in her desire for proper attire. She understood all the functions of the shelter perfectly. Dana knew what he was doing wasn’t him, but the end result was what he desired. He wanted to be dressed properly.

Dee Dee admired her form in the hologram replication she was looking at. It was an image of herself. She was wearing a mauve sleeveless gown with a matching jacket. The dress hugged every curve of her sensuous body. The hem was floor length. The straight skirt had a slit up to her thigh on her left leg. The matching heels had a five-inch stiletto heel. She had styled her blond hair where it lay softly across her shoulders, accenting her face. The large multi hoop earrings would have been brassy on anyone but her.

Dana was having a raging conflict within his mind. After Dee Dee had dressed up the desire had been accomplished. He liked what he had become, but he hated what he knew was her desire controlling his desires. Her body was sensitive to the slightest touch and it was driving him wild. With each fluid step her hips swayed. The soft material brushing against her hips and thighs was caressing his passion.

A beautiful woman entered the room. When she spoke the voice was soft as black velvet in the night. "Vicky darling, what have you done with my mind? I’m in love with myself and I can’t stand myself."

Vicky was waiting at the table along with Umba. "Dee Dee, please have a seat and join us. You look ravishing. The dress is beautiful and I love your hair."

There was the conflict again. Dee Dee appreciated the compliments. No he didn’t. Dana hated them. He didn’t want to be beautiful. He was going to escape or kill himself.

Vicky noticed the hesitation and the momentary pained look on Dee Dee’s face. She concentrated as she closed her eyes for a few seconds.

"Why thank you, Vicky. You look nice as well, and I love your dress." Dee Dee’s emotions were becoming his emotions. He was thrilled he looked beautiful. Escape or killing himself wasn’t in his thoughts. He knew Vicky had adjusted his attitude, but it felt wonderful when he felt beautiful. He was trying to fight the idea of becoming Dee Dee, but somehow it wasn’t working. The mental pleasure he felt when he allowed his desires to be her desires was too great to resist.

Dee Dee gracefully sat down at the table. When she spoke the voice was soft and sexy. "Thank you for what you have done for me."

Vicky smiled and nodded. "It was your idea not mine, Dee Dee. This wouldn’t have worked if you hadn’t desired it."

"Whatever do you mean, darling?" Dee Dee brought her right hand up and touched her right breast. "Not in a million years would I ever desire to be a woman."

There! He had finally said something he wanted to say!

Vicky laughed as she shook her head. "You misunderstood. This is the woman you desired. Now you have her. Because she is everything you desired in a woman you are her, no matter how much you want to deny it."

"Thank you. I am the woman I desired." She smiled sweetly as she realized it was the truth.

That was why he was so easily becoming her. She was all he desired. The logic was so simple it was beyond belief. How could one resist becoming the sum total of their desires? In his own flawed mind he lusted after a woman with all the sweeping curves he now possessed as his own. His own mind had betrayed him. He desired a tall statuesque, big, buxom woman with a tiny waist, wide, sexy hips, and long, sexy legs who could set men’s minds on fire with lust as she strolled across a room. And now…, He possessed that woman. She was all his, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

DAMN HIS MIND FOR BETRAYING HIM!

The tall sexy blond was a man magnet. At six foot one, her height would have intimidated most men, even without heels. Unlike most tall girls who always wore flats, she always wore heels. Ninety percent of the men looked up to her in more ways than one. Today she was wearing a soft, form fitting, polyester dress. The dress had full sleeves and a tight skirt. She drove up to the security gate and stopped.

Brian knew her well. Miss McBain had been working for Dellvic Labs for a year now. He could have waved her though without stopping her as he did most of those he knew. The reason he didn’t was he wanted to get a good look and hear her soft velvet voice. Even after a year of passing through his gate she still made his knees go weak when she spoke to him.

"Morning Miss McBain. No passengers this morning?" He knew she didn’t have any passengers before he asked. It was small talk and nothing else.

"Hello Brian, good to see you are alert this morning. No, it’s only me." She smiled as she looked up at the gate guard she knew so well. Dee Dee knew why he had stopped her. She didn’t mind. It was such a small inconvenience to her when it meant so much to Brian who had a lonely job as security.

"Have a good day then, Miss McBain." Brian never took his eyes off her as he nodded for her to drive on through.

"Thank you. You have a good day too, Brian." Dee Dee knew Brian liked it when she addressed him by his name. It was one of the small things that meant a lot to people, especially gate guards who are bored silly most of the time.

In the fourteen months she had been working for Dellvic Labs the company assigned her a parking space close to the front entrance. It was a reward for several reasons. Dee Dee was a research specialist the likes of which they had never seen before. The company had four medical patents come out of her department since she started work. It was rumored she was working on a neurological computer memory system capable of infinite memory storage in a baseball size container.

Many of the men worked to time their arrival at the same time Miss McBain arrived so they could walk into the building with her. Those long shapely legs of hers looked mighty fine in those four or five inch heels she always wore.

Dee Dee pulled into her parking space. She killed her BMW when someone opened her door. She looked up and smiled. "Morning Albert. You still trying to solve that puzzle on Alzheimer’s?"

Albert stared as one beautiful leg slid out of the car and put a heel down on the pavement before the other followed. Dee Dee stood up, adjusted her dress, and picked up her purse before stepping back out of the way of the door.

He sighed. He was in love. But then so was every unmarried man at Dellvic Labs and probably all the married ones, if the truth were known. "I’m not gaining on it. I inoculated ten mice last month. They went ahead and developed Alzheimer’s."

She headed toward the building. He shut the door and hurried to keep up with her. "I heard you are going to shove another patent out the door this week. How many will that be?"

She glanced in his direction as he stepped up beside her. "Too many rumors floating around this place. Don’t believe everything you hear. Why don’t you try RU 453 with the drugs you are already trying?"

"An abortion drug? What in the world for?" Albert blinked as he was trying to figure out what that could possibly do for Alzheimer’s.

"Just a suggestion. You are trying to stop a mental function from developing. Instead of trying to supplement what you feel is the drug those patients lack, stop it from developing instead." Dee Dee stopped at the entrance as he opened the door for her.

Albert was running the possibility through his mind as he opened the door. "Stopping it from developing is what everyone has been trying to do from day one."

She walked up to the security desk with Albert close beside her. "Yes by adding more drugs to feed what you think the mind is lacking. The mind may not be lacking anything. What if Alzheimer’s is like a child who gets tired of working? They lack ambition, not energy or food. You can’t feed them enough to make them want to work. Maybe all those researchers are wrong? Maybe all you need to do is abort the desire in the mind where it decides to get lazy? It’s only a guess but give RU 453 some thought."

"Morning Doctor McBain." The guards at the desk had been watching as Dee Dee and Albert entered the building.

"You too Pat." She looked over at the other guard to her left and smiled. "How are you this morning, Larry?"

Larry smiled from ear to ear. He was betting Dee Dee knew the name of everyone in Dellvic Labs. "I’m fine doctor. You look awfully pretty this morning." Of course Dee Dee looked awfully pretty every morning.

"Thank you Larry. That was kind of you." Dee Dee turned and left the men standing there as she headed down the hall toward her end of the building and her lab.

The doctor title was Evaisa’s doing. Dee Dee McBain had a PhD in chemistry. She had grown up in Scotland and graduated Magna Cum Laud from Ealing, Hammersmith and West London College. She had worked for pharmaceutical companies in the United States, France, Scotland, and England for nine years before applying for a job at Dellvic Labs. Evaisa said all the papers were there if anyone inquired. Dee Dee checked, herself and was more than slightly surprised to find, on paper, she was as real as anyone.

As Dee Dee walked down the hall her hips gently swayed with each graceful step. Her stiletto heels made a tapping noise. Her long, glamorous legs were wrapped in nylon and looked breathtaking. Her long, silky, blond hair lay softly on her shoulders. Larry, Pat, and Albert were all eyes. They were in love. No researcher had a right to be as beautiful as Dee Dee and still be smart.

Albert shook his head as Dee Dee entered her lab and closed the door. "Damn, that woman is a moving violation of physics." He headed off to his own lab as he tried to remember what it was she had been explaining to him about his own research. An abortion drug to stop Alzheimer’s? It was an interesting theory. Albert was betting Dee Dee was right.

Larry and Pat turned to look at one another. Pat shook his head. "Back to the grind. The show is over for the morning."

Larry smiled as he turned his attention back to those coming in the door.
Dee Dee had accepted her fate in life. She no longer tried to figure out if it was her desires or his desires. It didn’t matter. The plastoid she had absorbed was programmed with knowledge humans would take hundreds of years to figure out. That knowledge was hers. Dee Dee’s main problem was pacing herself so she didn’t bring that knowledge to mankind too quickly. She hadn’t decided if she wanted to go back to Rious with Evasia in nine years, or stay here. She had plenty of time to decide. Right now, she needed to concentrate on the moment. The compounds available to her from earth resources were different from Rious compounds. Her mind worked with Rious formulas, not earth formulas, and it wasn’t easy substituting.

Her phone rang and she picked it up. "Dee Dee."

"Miss McBain, this is the Sheriff Association. We appreciate you applying for enrollment in our cadet program. I must say, your test scores were some of the highest we have ever seen. I had a talk with Governor Staily. He suggested with the research you are involved in we make a waiver in our enrollment program to accommodate your research. If you could come in from six to ten every evening and give us your weekends, I’m positive you would make the grade to Deputy in three months." The voice on the other end answered her.

"That sounds like a workable plan. When can we start?" Dee Dee was delighted to have the chance to become a member of law enforcement again. She was sure she could work her way up from Deputy to Highway Patrol in a couple years.

A new class starts in two weeks, but since you are working, come in a week from today and we will start you early." The voice answered.

"I’ll be there." Dee Dee hung up the phone. High speed pursuit was in her blood and if there was any way possible, she was going to be a lawman again. In pursuit of that speed she had designed and built a Funny Car that summer. It was a full blown, nitro burning monster. The cost of building it was horrendous, but she could afford it. She named it the Black Widow.

She won both class races she ran in, but it didn’t fill the desire for speed inside her. Drag racing was over too quickly. 5 seconds to three hundred + miles per hour, then decelerate and wait half an hour to do it again. She sold her Funny car to Budweiser. They put Laura Saska in as a driver. Laura was a good driver, but she didn’t have the reflexes Dee Dee possessed. Laura’s selling point was the fact she was a beautiful woman. She made those Budweiser commercials look fabulous, even when she wasn’t winning.

She held out her hand and looked at the long fingers, sharp fingernails and delicate hand. Sometimes life had to rough you up a little to make you appreciate it. Dana had no idea how to appreciate life. Dee Dee did and she smiled as she thought about it and put on her lab coat.

THE END

FROM THE EDITOR: I have two more stories of Barbie's in the pipeline. One is SciFi, one is Swords and Sorcery and then, when I work my way through it, a full length, almost 200,000 word novel that was published in 1998 and is out of print, so it will be awhile before I work all the way through the editing process. That one will be posted in many chapters, but will remain for only two weeks after the final chapter is posted. Barbie owns the copywrite so there will be no infringement of it. All the stories I will be posting for Barbie are complete, so there will be no unfinished stories lingering about. Once again, we both thank all of you for your acceptance and suggestions, as well as your thoughts about where the story might be headed. Writing is a curious thing. You work and work and rework what you wrote and hope and pray that what you wrote will be interesting to the readers. You put your heart and soul into a story and wait, hoping for the accolades and dreading the critical thumbs down responses. As an editor, it's a more relaxed attitude, but you still hope and pray that you don't destroy anything the writer tried so hard to convey, and it is also, in it's own way, more stressful and time consuming because you have to go through every single word, punctuation mark and phrase usage so you can make the story perfect for the readers. As we all know though, there IS no perfect, so you do the very best you can. I am pleased that Barbie has entrusted me with her hard work and I hope I have done her proud.

up
223 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Just a spoonful of mind control ...

... and everybody's happy, right? But Dana's unwanted gender conversion and subsequent brainwashing violated HIS right to self-determination, just because he was an inconvenience to Evaisa and her mission. Anyone who reprograms the mind and body of a sentient being because it suits their needs is an uncaring monster, and it doesn't matter how happy Dee Dee is in the end, since it's all based on lies shoved into her brain because it makes Vicky's life easier. How much easier would it have been to create a plastoid duplicate of Dana, have it merge with him, and then order it to make him completely forget about her and the Riousian mission, or at least make it impossible for him to tell anyone about any of it?

I guess we can cut Evaisa some slack because she's an alien ... how could she know how much of a violation what she did was? But if she had the ability to imagine herself being manipulated like an android, she would have the empathy to see she was wrong to do what she did. The scientific advances "Dee Dee" is making are a poor repayment for changing who she was.

I wouldn't trust the Riousians to watch my drink in a crowded bar if my being drugged suited their purposes.

Well-written, but maddening all the same. *smile*

Randalynn

Forcibly prevented from being ourselves.

Using that same logic, it is inhumane to force people to live as someone who they are not. Isn't that the lament of many TG women?

I can see it clearly now, and my experience is common. I knew at age 4. Yet my stepfather promised to kill me if I did not become the person he desired. My whole life was a dark Broadway Play and in impersonating a rough, masculine construction Electrician it nearly ended my life.

Sure, Dana got a bit of poetic justice, or perhaps not. For was he not simply being a man, as programmed by his testosterone drug induced persona? And in some men that lusty behavior causes guilt if it is not closely controlled and exercised between cultural limitations set by our loony Judea/Christian ethic.

And to be sure, would I not like to have one of those rough, lusty men break into my life and carry me off over his shoulder wilst screaming, protesting and um giggling to his lair to do OH WHAT to me?

Well...

I got to agree with miss Randalynn on this.

Evaisa was rather cruel to him. Forcing him to be happy and a prisoner within his own body is pretty fudged up. I get she's an alien and therefore incapable of empathy, but still... poor Dana.

In my opinion what she did was worse than killing him, she should have just killed him instead of doing such a horrible thing to him.

Jeez that alien race is evil though... I'm afraid of what they're up to that they need to torture an innocent to keep what they're doing a secret.

At first I thought she just was an alien and transforming him so anything he said would land him into a mental institution. But the added brainwashing ... she truely is evil. Id idn't grasp just how vicious and horrible of a person Evaisa is. Are all Rious like this? Dear God... well hopefully she will get a comeuppance or some kind of karmic retribution.

What happened to Dana is a true tragedy, but thank you for the story. Even with the bad ending (not meaning your writing is bad, but bad ending like in a video game where it says BAD END because the most horrible thing happened possible) your writing is pretty top notch.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Tragedy? Maybe Not.

When we use this story as a mirror into our own lives, perhaps many of us would not see it as a disaster. You are who you are and with the support and protection of your parents perhaps? You were never forced to be who you were not.

For my life and many like me, life was FM (forced masculine). I've only just realized that this life I live now is the real one, and the previous one was forced on me by those who did not understand and did not care about my own desires. They accused me of all sorts of lurid desires and acts when I started this new life.

So, it all depends upon one's point of view does it not?

G

You don't seem to understand

Gwen, when you were forced Masculine, that is the equivalent of Dana being forced Feminine. He was forced into a gender he didn't want nor need. Evaisa didn't give a damn about his thoughts or feelings, but to make matters worse she literally deleted a great deal of who he was to make room for Dede.

That's the point I was trying to make.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

Oh, I understand perfectly.

Their very advanced civilization was rightfully felt to be far more important than ours. They probably viewed us as barely sentient. And, if you read carefully, in the body of the story there was some allusion to the idea that he had secret yearnings that he'd never dared to address.

G

Its Readers Who Object to Rious That Are Cruel !

It is typical of humans, a semi-sentient species that still has a lot to learn, to criticise how V solved the problem of what to do with the stubborn and not very bright copper who made her too late for her departure ship, and who wanted to arrest her and expose the facts (in the story) about Rious's monitoring of this young species struggling to evolve into a better sentience and culture and to save our world.

Not only did she NOT simply exterminate, or even mind-wash the poor sod so that he could not remember anything about his winter in the far north of Canada - and we all know just how the US Authorities would have sought to extract information out of him if he had gone home in the spring and said he could not remember anything, don't we !.

Instead V gave her would-be oppressor information and skills to improve the lot of himself and all humanity, developing cures for some really nasty diseases, thus making the lives of affected individuals much nicer.

Consider how the 'advanced' cultures among humans today mostly treat the less advanced ones living in the Third World. What a contrast, this much more intelligent and mature species from Rious demonstrated how superior it was morally and ethically.

Those who express such negative responses were only concerned about some improvements to his mind and body and gender - that last one a matter of so little importance, compared to everything else. I would have thought that males reading stories from THIS Site would have regarded being changed into a gifted female a Blessing ! Same goes for female readers, seeing an Alien helped establish the higher intelligence of female humans

Of course, it is a common feature of the human species to complain rather than to take some initiative and DO something about changing things they dislike. Our various cultures and histories are alas full of such moaning.

I thank the Author for producing another kind and friendly extra-terrestrial, that helps weaken the widely-held opinion that Aliens will be mostly nasty people.
I think that this story was lovely, and I hope that among the probable large range of more advanced intelligent life-forms there probably are in the Universe, there will be more kind ones like those from Rious rather than aggressive, narrow-minded. xenophobic ones like H. 'sapiens', which is one I personally feel ashamed to have to be a member of.

I thank you for this beautiful story, and for illustrating to the humans just what a lousy lot they are, and for indicating a serious and important point, that with improved knowledge, there must be higher morals and ethics. Alas, the species of semi-sapients on THIS sad planet only seem to use their improved knowledge to develop bigger and nastier weapons. I doubt whether there will be any humans on the planet in another 500 years !

Briar

i agree with randalynn and

i agree with randalynn and princess chelsea, so i need say nothing more in that respect.
in addition, i felt let down because it seemed as though the ending was rushed --
almost as if barbie's muse had left her with respect to this story after three interesting
chapters. phydeau

"they" don't always leave us an ending

BarbieLee's picture

phydeau, sometimes we are handed the story and it ends where they want not where we want. You are absolutely correct as the ending was tacked on by me. I felt the ending where Dana had been changed was blunt. Thus the ending where Dee Dee has a life after the alteration was my addition.

The perspective Dana was robbed of his individuality isn't quite true. Someone doesn't like Rhubarb Pie and yet that is all that is served for dessert. Eventually the person develops a taste and likes it. Was their individuality stolen or the change forced on them? Dana received everything he desired in a woman, eventually accepting the change. Those who have a black and white issue, men are men and women are women and the boundaries are there to never be crossed will never understand. To tell the guys they began life as a female in their mother's womb doesn't compute nor will be accepted. To be a guy their mother gave them a testosterone wash around six weeks of age. Otherwise they would have had F printed on their birth certificate.

The trillions of things that must happen in perfect order for that egg to change into a male or female human is beyond the mental capacity of most to comprehend.

Have fun with life
Poke at it with a stick. Never can tell what might be hiding on the fringes and jump out at you.

always,
Barb

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Except

Rhubarb pie isn't anywhere near what was done to him. We are through your words seen time and time again how Dana completely rejected this change, until Evaisa did her little trick and thoroughly erased any rejection he had.

It isn't about forcing someone to eat pie, this is much much different.

It doesn't matter how much you force someone to be a different gender they never will be a different gender than who they really are. The story of David Reimer is proof of this. Though this goes into a science fiction I firmly disbelieve, the boundaries we were given in this story that with this change Dana was forced into being female. And not just any female either, a stereotype caricature all because he had a fetish or two?

I'm sorry but I don't buy that this is just desserts, everyone has their types and their desires that they find attractive. To hate Dana for the kind of gal he finds attractive isn't right. It IS messed up that he thought of girls that way, that's true. But rather than reform him they force him into the caricature that the patriarchy brainwashed him with.

Dana wasn't the sharpest nail in the box but that doesn't mean this was right. I mean he's not even human anymore but a sort of android. That's even more fudged up IMO.

Now please don't misunderstand my words as an attack on you. It wasn't meant that way in any way shape or form. I'm just explaining why I feel this is identity death. You are the author after all so you can disagree and tell me he had latent female identity hiding somewhere in him and that's fine. I'll believe it if you say that.

But to say someone can be forced into an identity (that they are not) and be truely happy is pure bullshit in my opinion, is all I'm saying.

I know who I am, I am me, and I like me ^^
Transgender, Gamer, Little, Princess, Therian and proud :D

I think what you wanted to convey ...

... would have been better served if Vicky had only pushed Dana to be slightly more accepting, so he could develop an enjoyment of the experience of being a woman. If she had not pushed him so hard into the deep end of the femininity pond so quickly, and Dana had been allowed to cross that line on his own over time within the boundaries of the story, it would have been a natural progression and felt more like Dana coming to like her new life and gender. Instead, it felt like Dana was robbed of his/her right to self-determination and re-programmed to be a happy girl-bot. In the story as it was, the change of heart happened so quickly after two blunt smacks with the mind control stick, that the readers had no way to tell whether Dana came to this acceptance on her own or if it was all Vicky's magic mental massage that did all the work. *smiles*

Randalynn

Yes

An account of the change over the last year might make all the difference.

Identity Death...

I agree with Randalynn and the others of similar opinions. This story needs an identity death tag. I also didn't really like the stereotype that all men desire big breasted blondes with a barely restrained libido (okay, that last part wasn't spelled out in the story, but I felt it was implied), nor did I care for the indictment of a man for being attracted to that type of woman. As was mentioned, everybody has a "type" that they find most appealing--mine happens to be black-haired, athletic/fit women with modest breasts (c-cup tops, but I've seen women I thought were appealing with as little as an a-cup)...I also like 'em smart dangerously competent, so if someone transformed me into my ideal partner against my will, then they'd probably be in deep doodoo. XD

I've liked other examples of BarbieLee's work, but this one wasn't one I enjoyed and I would have avoided it had it been tagged appropriately.

Forced is entirely correct,

At no time prior to the transformation did Dana EVER imply that he wanted to be a female. He didn't want it after that, either.

I'm in agreement with Randalynn, Chelsea, Phydeau and Calamity Cordite on this one. This is forced femme simply because they can.

What he did show Evaisa and Umba was that he liked women with a specific body type, tall and busty.

Taking that image and using it to "remodel" Dana without his explicit consent given beforehand is emotional/psychological rape/murder.

Adding on the mental manipulation to bring him into line with what was assumed, and then showing him as being happy as a girl just is not believable to me. On his own, he would not have become female at any time, nor would he have without the mental pushes to comply.

One point missed

Everyone that is speaking about how Dana's choice was taken from him, how Dee Dee's was forced upon her, are not wrong ...

But V was NOT a simple researcher.

She was a foreign agent, assigned to Earth for surveillance and evaluation purposes, who was detained and delayed upon what should have been her departure. She tried to avoid further contact, and when Dana managed to trip over her anyways, tried to evade dragging him further into the situation ... but when circumstances forced her hand, she had to do SOMETHING. She didn't have the resources to get fancy, so she did the best she could with what she had.

It could be easily argued what she should have done would have been to simply dispose of him.

It would be easier

To accept all this hypocrisy if we had anything better to show for ourselves. But look at humanity's track record.

Example: it wasn't all that long ago that science kits sold to/for children where they were told how to use the included magnifying lense to incinerate ants.

Example: look at the class/caste-based societies such as in India and the far East. The lower classes/castes are treated like slaves or worse.

Example: the nazis exterminated millions of Jew, eastern Europeans, gays, and the mentally deficient as subhuman.

Example: the British settlers to the Americas worked doggedly to eliminate the native Americans, not only physically but socially. After all, they were just savages, taking up land the white settlers wanted.

Example: the U.S. trained dolphins/porpoises, argueably the second most intelligent species on the planet, to be underwater mine detectors during the Vietnam war.

I could go on and on, slavery is just one of many other examples I didn't cover. Now, supposing that V's race is as far above H. Sapiens as we are above ants, was Dana treated any better or worse than how we treat ants or dolphins? Or other members of the human race? If V had treated Dana the same way we treat even other members of our own species then they would have put a figurative bullit in his head and been done with it.

I'd say V was incredibly kind. They not only arraigned for Dana's continued existence, with some adjustments to protect themselves, they gave him/her the knowledge to further evolve and help the human race. I'd say they were a hell of a lot more moral than we are.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Not plan “A”

The 1st part of the story was obviously going down standard path “A”. Then you switched, heading down “B”, chase the alien, alien catches you instead, turns you into (fill in the blank, bearing in mind this is a TG site). Then you switched again to the wonderful but unexpected ending. Very nicely done.