Healing Cousin George - Part 15 The Birthday Party

Printer-friendly version

"George you awake?" I again whispered. Another snore. I was trying to sort out the little mix of confusion within me at this situation. To my surprise, I found that I had pushed back so that his erection was now firmly against me. It just… felt right.
 

Healing Cousin George

Part 15 - The Birthday Party

by Karin Roberts

 
Debbie got her wish and come Wednesday we were off for our regular shopping trip. This one however turned out to be that little bit different. I know now why she did it but at the time I was a bit surprised. We arrived in Glasgow, unloading Melissa as usual into her buggy, but as we approached the shopping galleries, Debbie sprung her surprise.

"Ok Alex, off you go!" she shooed me as she gently removed my hands from the handles of Melissa’s buggy. Then she eased herself between me and the buggy.

I blinked.

"What do you mean ‘off you go’?"

"Just that. Off you go! Me and Melissa are going for a nice walk down by the river for an ice cream and a coffee. You, on the other hand, are going shopping for an outfit for Saturday."

I looked at her with my mouth wide open.

"But…but I can’t go myself! I need you with me!!!" I stuttered.

"Why?"

"Eh, … just because…"

"No, you don’t need me with you. Now, off you go!" She started to wheel Melissa away.

"Debbie! Debbie! Come back!"

"See you by the Riverside Café in a couple of hours" she called back as she disappeared into the crowded city streets.

I stood for a minute, unsure of what to do. I’d never really been on my own as my female persona "Alex." "What was I supposed to do?" I busily thought. "Standing out here in the centre of a busy street was not going to help though. I’m standing out like a sore thumb!" I opened my bag and took out my cigarettes, lighting one. I inhaled, letting the smoke ride to my brain to calm my nerves. "Well I am here to shop. So I guess I had better get on with it."

I walked along on towards the main shopping mall.

Two hours later, I walked along the riverside quay, heading towards the café that Debbie had mentioned. Five carrier bags were hanging from my hands as the light breeze swished my skirt. My heels were clicking on the tiled walkway. I spotted Debbie and Melissa sitting at a table and waved ahead.

"What was all that about?" I asked as I reached them and sat down.

"What?"

"Sending me off on my own like that!"

"I’ll get us both a coffee and a bun. I’ll be back in a minute then we can talk." Debbie rose from the table and headed to the coffee shop.

I checked on Melissa who was asleep in her buggy, no doubt tired out from Debbie’s attention as she often mumbled these days. Me, I was Awwex, in her limited, but starting to grow vocabulary. I sat back down and lit a cigarette, crossing my legs, awaiting the return of Debbie.

I stirred my coffee as Debbie lit a cigarette and began to talk.

"Alex, ever since you began your fem self," she whispered in a hushed tone, "You’ve never really been on your own as Alex. Either George, Pete, or me have been around acting as a sort of crutch to help you along. Given that the party is on Saturday, I just thought that sending you out on your own like that would be a good boost for your confidence."

I sipped my coffee and thought about what she was saying. She was right in some ways: today I had strolled along bust city streets on my own as Alex, comfortable with my female look and attire, walking comfortably in heels, and interacting with shop assistants and a couple of fellow shoppers just as if it were an everyday thing. Oblivious to the truth, that I was really a 23 year-old guy, my movements and mannerisms had been those of a genetic female the same age. My eye for fashion had been just the same. My voice might have had slightly harsh edges to it, but it was not enough to betray my identity. In effect, I passed without a second thought and blended in just like any other woman.

I exhaled a cloud of smoke and crushed the cigarette out in the ashtray.

"You’re right, I suppose, Debbie. On Saturday, I need to convince people that I’m Amanda 100%, so I need all the confidence I can muster."

She smiled "You’ll do fine."

She squeezed my hand as she crushed out her own cigarette.

"Now more importantly, what did you buy?" she smirked.

While I showed Debbie my purchases, which somewhat bizarrely included a shirt and tie set for George, I had thought some more about what Debbie had said and, indeed, how I felt. The longer this went on, the more divorced I seemed to be becoming from my male self. My thoughts were almost typical of a mother: Melissa’s welfare, fashion, house décor, and all the typical traits of a female. My interaction with Debbie was, with the exception of that one night, typically that of a relationship between two women as close friends. In truth, I didn’t really know where the old Alex was anymore.

The rest of the week passed like lightning. Bright and early Saturday morning, I rose and got Melissa something to eat. I dressed her for the day ahead and packed some extra clothes for her to change into should she need to or if she got messy. I put on some breakfast for George. Once he was awake and up, I went to grab a shower myself. I packed a bag of some toiletries for myself, make up, perfume, etc., etc. I dressed in a pair of jeans and a white blouse to travel in. I was planning to change at Mum’s on arrival. I packed away my dress in a clothes hanging bag and picked up the shoes I had bought to match as well. I also packed away a skirt and a top and another pair of shoes in case of any emergency and then went downstairs.

Downstairs George was tidying up the kitchen while Melissa ran around making a nuisance of herself.

"Come here babes…" I called.

"Awex!" she cried running across the room towards me.

I picked her up. "Now, we’re going on a trip today - to a party," I said ticking her side. She giggled. "And I want you to be good for me and Daddy. Can you do that?"

She nodded her head and I let her down.

"You about ready?" I yelled out.

"Yeah just about," George called back as he came from the kitchen. "Remember, we need to be very careful today."

"Yeah I know. It’s me that’s got more to lose. You got the story straight? Alex in bed with a bad bout of food poisoning, Debbie calling in on him to see how he is from time to time?"

"Yeah I’m cool with it. It’s not that difficult is it? Look, lets get a move on, time’s short."

I rounded up Melissa, while George collected the three bags and we stepped out into the bright sunlight. "It’s going to be a hot day." I thought as the sun caught my skin. The car started and we moved off. As we paused at the top of the drive and then pulled out into the main road, I thought once more "Yep it’s gonna be hot. And if I don’t get this right, it could be even hotter."

*********

Just over fifty minutes later, George was pulling the car to a halt outside my parent’s house. Predictably, I could see Mum at the window, anxious to meet us before Dad did and maybe give us some warning or piece off her mind over what we were about to do. She walked down the driveway, as George unloaded the bags. I let Melissa go and she ran to meet Mum, hugging her legs. "Hello little Darling," she cooed as she took Melissa’s hand and continued towards us.

"George , Alex." Mum greeted us.

"Mum, its Amanda. Remember?"

"Bloody stupid idea, if you ask me!" she retorted.

"Look mum, we talked about this on the phone already. I want to be at Dad’s birthday and without ruining all that is going on back at the farm, I couldn’t just change back for the day."

She sighed.

"Where’s the Birthday Boy?" George asked, trying to defuse the situation a bit.

Mum turned to George, "Uncle Frank took him down to the local for a pint. He’ll be back in an hour. We’re setting up out back."

"I need to get changed for the party and I’m sure George would like to freshen up." I interrupted.

"God! It’s really gotten to you hasn’t it?" she said. "Change upstairs in my room Alex and George, you can use Alex’s old room beside the toilet. I’ll take Melissa out back for a little while." Mum turned and left us leading Melissa around back.

I looked at George and just raised my eyebrows a little and shrugged my shoulders before we followed her up the path.

Upstairs I laid out my new outfit that I had bought during the week. It consisted of a very pale blue silk dress, straight cut, and about calf length. The top had two spaghetti straps. It was slightly low cut at the front, but had a rose made from the same material just at the centre of the chest. I had matching pale blue sandals with silk ribbons which criss-crossed up your legs and calves before tying it in a bow at the top. That was another thing that had changed about me, the eye for fashion - the need to mix and match colours. I suppose it was not new to me totally, as after all I’d watched my Mum and Sister do it for years. I reapplied my makeup and then picked up my small white leather shoulder bag. Dropping my ciggies, lighter, lipstick and some face powder in the bag, I checked myself out in the mirror. I looked good.

"So now is the test!" I mentally steeled myself as I proceeded downstairs to meet my fate.

The numbers were beginning to swell and I noticed a couple of Dad’s old friends as I stepped off the last step. They turned and looked at me. I knew reasonably well as they smiled that they smiled at me as someone they did not know. I walked past, returning their smile. "Two down, only another hundred to go." I thought as I stepped out onto the patio. I spotted George wearing the shirt and tie I had bought earlier and I made my way over to him.

"Your shirt ok?" I asked him as I stood beside him checking his attire out.

"It’s fine. You have any problems so far?"

"No nothing. I’ve only seen a couple of people that I know. Remember… whatever happens tonight, we just have to roll with it… for Melissa’s sake." I emphasized as I stared into George’s eyes. He seemed somewhat still as he looked back with a softer look and suddenly caught what he had been doing. He coughed.

"But let’s just hope it doesn't get too complicated. Drink?" he asked.

"Er, fine white wine with soda." I softly answered as he turned to retrieve the drinks. Gradually, more guests began to arrive: my grandmother, a couple of aunts, cousins, friends and neighbours. Eventually, Dad arrived with Uncle Frank, both looking as if they had already sank a few too many, but sober enough however for the party to get into full swing. We mixed and mingled with the other guests, introducing ourselves as George and Amanda. Everything was going smooth and seemed normal - each one accepting us for what we appeared.

As the music kicked in and the dancing began, I excused myself from George for a minute and went to find a quiet spot to have a cigarette. I slipped around the side of the house onto the paved path and took out my cigarettes, lighting one up. I blew a cloud of smoke into the air. I’d only been there a couple of minutes when a voice said,

"Can I bum one of those?"

Startled, I turned to see who it was.

"Ashley?"

"Hello Bruv or should I say Sis? What the hell have you got yourself into?"

I handed Ash the pack and the lighter.

"Long story Sis, but necessary," I answered.

She lit up. "Well you certainly look the part, but… Bruv… where is this going?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well it needs to end sometime. And there will be tears somewhere…" She took a long drag from the cigarette she blew a stream of smoke to the floor.

"Maybe… Do you think anyone has noticed anything?"

"No. Not at all. In fact, couple of people I’ve been taking too has said how pleased they are for George and how lucky he is to have found a good looking partner."

I grinned. "Good. I just had to be here, you know, and changing back to Alex for today would have been a nightmare. Because then I would just have just to change back again to my female self tomorrow."

"Well as long as you don’t get hurt in all this, then I’m cool with it. Now, let’s get back to the party. Dad’s about to make a speech."

The night wore on and darkness fell. The garden was illuminated by hundreds of little spotlights hung from all available points so that sufficient light was available. Once more, I snuck off for a cigarette. This time, when I was finished, I skipped back inside to check on Melissa. I was glad to be away from the biz and have a few minutes on my own. For a start, the wine was beginning to have an effect on me and I needed a few minutes to compose myself.

I walked into the room where the kids had been corralled for the night with snacks and DVD’s to keep them entertained. Inside, were several relative’s children being watched over by one of the neighbour’s teenage daughter's. Grandmother was also there fussing around with one of my nephews. I knew her well and introduced myself as Amanda we shook hands she asked if I could stay for a minute while she nipped out for a drink.

"Eh, no problem."

My voice must have triggered Melissa and her head snapped round "Awex" she said rushing off the couch and towards me, her arms encircling my legs. As I looked up, I could see Grandma looking at me with suspicion. What is it they say about out of the mouths of babes? I froze.

************

Grandma looked sternly at me and walked back over to me. She sort of paused, squinting slightly at my elegantly made up face as I stroked Melissa’s head.

"There’s something not quite right here. Your Mum’s been on edge all night."

I stayed silent.

"Well my dear, what is it? You’re supposed to be Amanda, are you not?"

I sighed looking down at Melissa, trying to think about how I was going to get out of this one. My mind was a blank. I guess then, honesty will need to be the best policy.

"Look Grandma, I can explain."

"I hope so" she replied.

"Let’s sit down for a minute." I said as I took Melissa’s hand and led her towards the settee.

Thirty minutes later I had told my story.

"….. so you see it was for Melissa’s sake. I made a silly mistake and I’ve had to live this lie since. George is not to blame. Me and Debbie badgered him into me coming as Amanda tonight. I just wanted to be here for Dad in some way."

"And your Mum knows about this?"

I nodded.

"And Ashley." I said "But Dad has no idea, please don’t tell him!" I pleaded.

"Well I don’t really approve, but I’ve no wish to spoil his day. But this has to stop." she said her finger wagging at me.

"It will Grandma, as soon as George is on his feet and thinking a bit clearer about Melissa."

Grandma faced me. "You really think this woman is that bad for this child?"

"Yes I do! She’s no motherly instinct whatsoever. She only wants George for his money."

"Well Ok. Should I have a word with him?" she asked.

"No. Don’t do that. He will go mad if he knows that anyone else knows about this." I gestured with my hands down at my dress.

"Ok. But remember, it has to stop."

The door opened and the babysitter stepped back inside "Sorry, my Mum kept me back" she said looking a bit sheepish as she returned to her duties.

"That’s ok, It gave me a chance to meet with Melissa’s Gran" I said with a slight smile on my lips. I could see her looking sternly at me as I rose.

"See you soon Melissa." I said as I walked to the door.

As I walked outside I sighed a huge sigh of relief. I needed a cigarette. I slipped out, passing a few guests in the kitchen, smiled briefly, and walked round the corner of the house. Opening my bag I took out my cigarettes and lit up. The smoke immediately hitt my brain, calming my nerves a bit. That was close! Let’s hope she keeps to her word! I thought to myself. Somehow, I felt that she would. But I also knew that Mum would probably feel the sharp edge of her tongue at some point.

A few minutes later I stubbed out the cigarette with my shoe and walked back towards the party. I had been gone for nearly an hour, so I was keen to find George and see what was happening with him. I spotted him close to the small marquee talking to Ashley.

"Here’s the love of your life!" Ashley teased as I drew close. I flashed her an annoyed smile.

"Where have you been?" George asked.

"Eh, I went to check on Melissa. Got to talking with the babysitter." I lied.

I looked at his glass "What’s that you're drinking?"

"Just a whiskey."

"Just a whiskey? You idiot, how many of them have you had?"

"Your dad just kept giving me them. Maybe three… or four."

"Yeah, and you had two cans of beer as well before I went away. You can’t drive like that!" I said anger in my voice.

"Sure I can."

"No way am I letting you drive Melissa home when you’ve been drinking!!"

"Well… we can’t stay here" he said.

"We’ll just have to… idiot!" I stormed off to find Mum.

Mom was busy seeing some guests out and I waited a minute to draw her attention.

"What is it?" she asked.

"George has been drinking and he wants to drive. But I won’t risk Melissa with his drunkedness and all that. Dad’s been feeding him drink." I said at a frantic pace.

"You can’t stay here. Ashley and Auntie Marge and Uncle Frank are using our spare rooms."

"Well, we can’t go home either."

"Ok leave it with me. I’ll come and find you." She left and I headed back to the party. There were only a smattering of guests left as I walked across the grass. George I could see was deep in conversation with Dad. To be honest, I’d sort of avoided Dad all night, but now, I was walking straight towards him.

"Ah here’s you lubley wife to be.." Dad slurred. It was obvious he had taken a skinful tonight and was well and truly drunk. I was beside George and took his right hand in a gentle hold with my left hand.

"So wven is the big day?" Dad managed to ask.

"Oh, not for a while yet," George replied.

"Good…. tu shee you pudding…. yuur life backs togetter." he managed to say, "Wvhy… dun’t you gives… the lady a kiss? Dun’t be shy."

George looked at me, bent a little, and kissed my forehead.

"Naw lad, ah means… a real kiss." he persisted.

George looked down. I slightly nodded and our heads moved together. Our lips met - my mouth opening slightly. We paused for a moment, my tongue running slightly along his inside his mouth. George opened his eyes a bit wider in surprise as he looked at me while we kissed. When we thought that Dad would be happy with our effort, we parted.

"Thas a bit bedder now. Goesh and take the lady ups fur a dance." Dad smiled as he apparantly thought we passed.

George looked at me again for what to do and I nodded. He lightly placed his hand around my waist. I followed him on to the small dance floor.

"I can’t dance! Really!" I hissed.

"Look… just put your arms around my neck and we will just… shuffle around."

I put both of my arms around his neck, moving closer and we started to move around together.

"What did your Mum say?"

"She’s trying to sort out somewhere for us to stay. How could you be so daft?" I frowned.

"I’m sorry." he offered. "It’s ok now… I think. We’ve gotten past the worst of the night. And we have pulled it off."

"Yeah… we have." I replied. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Mum exit the house coming towards us with Dad ambling along behind her

"Here’s Mum coming." I whispered. We stopped dancing.

**************

"George, Amanda, Aunt Karen has got a spare room. You can stay there tonight" she said. "But you will need to share…" Her eyebrows arched up a bit as she emphasized the point.

Dad piped in "Thas wun’t be a problem. Affer all, theeysh goving to be man and wife."

George looked at me and then said "Thanks. Do we need to get a taxi there?"

"If you hurry, they are just getting ready to leave now. Melissa is fast asleep - you can pick her up from the lounge."

"Ok, George. Can you get the little bag I packed from the car? I’ll go and get Melissa."

"Ok darling" he kissed me a peck on the lips, playing his part. I walked off with a devious smile on my lips at his comment.

I picked up Melissa and found Aunt Karen by the door, her coat on and ready to leave.

"Sorry about all of this." I softly said.

"It’s ok. It could happen to anyone really. Where’s George?"

"Eh, just picking up a small bag of clothes I had packed for an emergency."

"Good thinking! Always pays to be well prepared." she smiled.

George soon appeared carrying the hold-all just as a taxi pulled up outside. Aunt Karen was a widow whose husband had died in an accident at work a few years back. Her son was studying at University, so I figured that we would get his room. We climbed into the taxi and drove off to make the short journey to her house. Five minutes later we turned onto her street and stepped out, George insisted on paying the taxi driver.

"It’s the least we can do, as your offering us a room for the night." He pulled the pound notes out and paid the driver.

Inside, Aunt Karen made us some coffee. George sat with Melissa in the kitchen while we took our cup upstairs.

"You can stay in my room tonight." Karen offered.

"No.. we couldn’t put you out like that."

"Nonsense! Anyway, the bed in Shane’s room is too small for the two of you."

I sighed.

She showed me the room and where the bathroom was.

"So when are you two getting hitched?" she eagerly asked.

"Oh I don’t know… we’ve not set a date yet."

"George is quite a catch you know."

"Yeah… That he is." I readily agreed.

"Can you ask him to come up? There’s a camp bed in the attic that we can set up for Melissa, if he helps me down with it." she said.

"Sure, I’ll go and get him" I went back to the kitchen.

Half an hour later, the camp bed was up and we Melissa, George and me were in the room. Aunt Karen headed off to bed in Shane’s room.

"Do you want me to sleep on the camp bed?" I quietly asked. "Melissa could bunk in with you."

"What if Karen comes in? Say in the morning and were in separate beds?" George added.

I gave in to that sound logic.

"Eh, I guess your right." I put the dozing Melissa down in the bed and covered her over.

"Goodnight little darling" I said, kissing her cheek. George did the same.

We both began to undress: George; his shoes and socks followed by his trousers. I tried not to look as I turned to slip my dress off. I unfastened the stocking’s and suspender belt that I was wearing and draped them over the chair. Standing in a light blue thong and matching bra I slipped under the covers and pulled them up over me. A minute or so later I felt the bed sag and George slipped in beside me. "Goodnight" he said as he gave me a stare a moment longer.

"Goodnight. See you in the morning" I switched off the bedside light.

The room went dark. My heart was beating at a tremendous rate of knots. Here I was, in bed with George, in a strange house. Wouldn’t Amanda go spare if she could see this now? And she would go even more spare if she knew the truth! I lay awake as the minutes ticked past. Fifteen, twenty maybe before I could hear a slight snore coming from George,

"You awake?" I quietly whispered into the darkness. I snuggled in with him a bit further. The minutes ticked on by. He rolled over and his arm dropped over the middle of my back - his hand dangling just above my chest. I froze at first. I moved back a bit more into him. His hand was pushed further forward by my movement, dropping the hand over my stomach. I edged back all the way, after a thought, with my bum coming into contact with his groin. A slight stir occurred in him as he had an erection - you know, the kind that guy’s get in their sleep?

"George you awake?" I again whispered. Another snore. I was trying to sort out the little mix of confusion within me at this situation. To my surprise, I found that I had pushed back so that his erection was now firmly against me. It just… felt right. I shut my eyes and found myself a bit content. A smile appeared on my face in the darkness as I drifted off.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

just a cheer

kristina l s's picture

This is a great story and the only reason I haven't commented here is that I've read ahead on FM before you started posting here. We're getting close to that point now, so don't be discouraged. This is good and I look forward to new chapters. Do please continue Karin.

Kristina

Thank You

Kristina

Thanks for the feedback. You will be pleased to hear that I have almost finished it. I'm working on tidying up the penultimate chapter just now. I'm going to try and post them simultaneously on both FM and here so the last two chapters will not appear there until we have caught up here. I hope you like the end and your patience will be rewarded.

Karin R xxx

Me Too

joannebarbarella's picture

Karin,
We've talked before on this and other of your series. I'm disappointed you haven't had more reaction on BC, but please keep going,
Joanne

I had been wondering myself

why this series seems to get such a lack of comments. It is gentle and does move. Despite the smoking scenes, the rest of the story is rather nice, amusing, and I do enjoy it. I would hope others take notice and give Healing Cousin George a try.

~shannon

In Bed together!

She's got a soft spot for him, he's gota longen for her?

So this could be interesting, in more ways than two!!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita